(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 42.
#2001 9 months ago

I know it’s a long shot. However, I’m looking for a Beatles topper for my game.

1 week later
#2002 8 months ago

So has Stern made an Insider Connected kit for Beatles yet? I'd put the reader in the coin door, but I installed the headphone/volume control there. I read an earlier post where a late model game had IC already installed, so you'd think there would be an upgrade kit available. Anyone know?

#2003 8 months ago
Quoted from KingMixer:

So has Stern made an Insider Connected kit for Beatles yet? I'd put the reader in the coin door, but I installed the headphone/volume control there. I read an earlier post where a late model game had IC already installed, so you'd think there would be an upgrade kit available. Anyone know?

I mounted mine on the left side. There must have been a reason I couldn’t mount in the normal spot on the right but I don’t remember what it was.

#2004 8 months ago

The standard premium/LE kit works, it includes all of the parts to install the scanner on either side.

You have to install it on the left because the apron is shorter than on a standard game. If you try to install on the right, it won't clear the trough kickout.

#2005 8 months ago
Quoted from KingMixer:

I just installed one using the coin door mod, works great!

2 weeks later
#2006 8 months ago

4 balls! There are 4 balls in this game. I completely forgot, until I hit Taxman multiball for the first time ever last night. Owned it NIB since Dec, 2021.
Hell of game!

#2007 8 months ago

Has anyone been able to add songs to the game? It would be nice not to hear taxman unless you are in the mode etc. I’m thinking songs from the same years.

#2008 8 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Has anyone been able to add songs to the game? It would be nice not to hear taxman unless you are in the mode etc. I’m thinking songs from the same years.

Check out the Beatles retheme threads. If you have a machine without the QR reader you should be able to change music by switching out SD cards. There was some discussion of whether this is possible once you’ve updated past 1.20, not sure if it’s been tested. New music is well worth the effort and keeps the game fresh.

#2009 8 months ago

Does anyone who has looked on pinball browser know if the song request for taxman wizard mode is a separate sound request from the taxman that is a random with can’t buy me love? Might be able to change the main gameplay song without impacting the wizard mode taxman song.

#2010 7 months ago
Quoted from Speck:

Check out the Beatles retheme threads. If you have a machine without the QR reader you should be able to change music by switching out SD cards. There was some discussion of whether this is possible once you’ve updated past 1.20, not sure if it’s been tested. New music is well worth the effort and keeps the game fresh.

You need to find 1.20, of you find it let me know. I’m still looking too.

#2011 7 months ago

I've played Classic mode when it came out but forgot about it mostly. The last couple nights I focused on learning the Seawitch ruleset and it was a blast to play. I now changed my settings to start on Classic mode. I know Seawitch is underneath The Beatles ruleset but the modes are so point heavy, I don't care about them (other than the bonus multiplier). I'll go back to The Beatles ruleset eventually. If you never really played Classic mode and figured it out, give it a try.

#2012 7 months ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I've played Classic mode when it came out but forgot about it mostly. The last couple nights I focused on learning the Seawitch ruleset and it was a blast to play. I now changed my settings to start on Classic mode. I know Seawitch is underneath The Beatles ruleset but the modes are so point heavy, I don't care about them (other than the bonus multiplier). I'll go back to The Beatles ruleset eventually. If you never really played Classic mode and figured it out, give it a try.

Interesting - I’m still at 1.20 so I can play the rethemes, the downside is no classic. Are you using the rethemes?

#2013 7 months ago
Quoted from Speck:

Interesting - I’m still at 1.20 so I can play the rethemes, the downside is no classic. Are you using the rethemes?

No. I never played with them yet. I bet it’s a toss up from one way to another.

#2014 7 months ago

Trying again, anyone got the 1.20 code files?

#2015 7 months ago

sorry for the delay - I do have a copy. Send me a message and I'll send you a dropbox link.

#2016 7 months ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I'll order a 3 and 4 drop ledge from Marco and design them. I have some black PETG that would work. I've printed other things with PETG and it holds up well. It don't look all that hard to do. I'd send some out for testing if someone plays theirs frequently so we know it's good (feel free to PM me). My original hasn't broke yet so when they do, I'd like not to do it again. It's not about the $, more about the pain of having a pin down and replacing it with the same crap.

Just an update on ScottieIA's drop ledges. I have put in over 50 games and they are working fantastic. I have had zero issues. Thanks for the great update and hopefully a long time solution Scottie!

#2017 7 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Just an update on ScottieIA's drop ledges. I have put in over 50 games and they are working fantastic. I have had zero issues. Thanks for the great update and hopefully a long time solution Scottie!

Thanks for the update! I put them in my game, even if I didn't need them yet, and no issues. I play Beatles about 3X more than any of my other games so I also have some time on them. I've had people tell me when I bought this game that the drops was going to be a problem. I'm just happy to be a part of the solution.

#2018 7 months ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Thanks for the update! I put them in my game, even if I didn't need them yet, and no issues. I play Beatles about 3X more than any of my other games so I also have some time on them. I've had people tell me when I bought this game that the drops was going to be a problem. I'm just happy to be a part of the solution.

might get a set off ya if you would sell them. just in case.

#2020 7 months ago

What do the ledges solve? I have an issue with my “four” targets where they sometimes won’t drop when the ball hits them. Is that what these were designed to fix?

#2021 7 months ago
Quoted from Speck:

What do the ledges solve? I have an issue with my “four” targets where they sometimes won’t drop when the ball hits them. Is that what these were designed to fix?

No. The post #1945 details what the issue is with Stern drops that work hard on machines like the Beatles.

The drops will not drop if the ball doesn't move the drop back far enough for the ledge to release the drop target. They also don't drop if the ball hits at an angle or without the required force.

You might just have to remove your mech and inspect it. It isn't very hard to do or understand how they work.

#2022 7 months ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

You might just have to remove your mech and inspect it. It isn't very hard to do or understand how they work.

Thanks - I’ll give it a shot. Do you know of there is an adjustment to move the targets back or forward? It pretty dramatic - the ball can hit straight on and hard and still just bounce off like it’s hitting a wall. I’ve tried shortening the springs, that’s worked on my EM machine but hasn’t helped on the Beatles.

#2023 7 months ago
Quoted from Speck:

Thanks - I’ll give it a shot. Do you know of there is an adjustment to move the targets back or forward? It pretty dramatic - the ball can hit straight on and hard and still just bounce off like it’s hitting a wall. I’ve tried shortening the springs, that’s worked on my EM machine but hasn’t helped on the Beatles.

I'm not sure. I think there could be something to mess with to make them easier.

3 weeks later
#2024 6 months ago

Setting up a Beatles on location. Quick question. How flat do they recommend setting these up? I have back legs all the way up and front extended half way and this is the level. It feels extremely slow which i understand it’s a different type of game but still.

Is every Beatles level like this or maybe mine is off?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2025 6 months ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Setting up a Beatles on location. Quick question. How flat do they recommend setting these up? I have back legs all the way up and front extended half way and this is the level. It feels extremely slow which i understand it’s a different type of game but still.
[quoted image]

Bubble should be between the black lines.

#2026 6 months ago
Quoted from jtaudio:

Bubble should be between the black lines.

Yes this i know but the game is painfully slow. Did stern release a different bubble leveler for this game Vs others? With the bubble between the lines it’s definitely not 6.5*

#2027 6 months ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Quoted from V8haha:

Yes this i know but the game is painfully slow. Did stern release a different bubble leveler for this game Vs others? With the bubble between the lines it’s definitely not 6.5*

It's the same bubble afaik, but maybe it is mounted weird? Back all the way up with front halfway shouldn't have the bubble level like that.

The top of the bubble on mine is at/slightly over the second black line, and I think mine is pitched at 6.8-6.9? Been awhile since I set it up, but it is in line with all my other Sterns with how the legs are set, which is front legs all the way down and back most of the way up.

I'd verify with a digital level or basic inclinometer, I just use the bubble as a rough guide. I don't trust that they are consistent.

#2028 6 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

It's the same bubble afaik, but maybe it is mounted weird? Back all the way up with front halfway shouldn't have the bubble level like that.
The top of the bubble on mine is at/slightly over the second black line, and I think mine is pitched at 6.8-6.9? Been awhile since I set it up, but it is in line with all my other Sterns with how the legs are set, which is front legs all the way down and back most of the way up.
I'd verify with a digital level or basic inclinometer, I just use the bubble as a rough guide. I don't trust that they are consistent.

I agree it seems strange but it looks to be set up correctly the bubble leveler.

Ok that’s good to know the leveler must be off. Also i know this games 4 legs are identical as i checked the height of all 4 before installing them. I’ll see if i can find something else to measure it. Thanks

#2029 6 months ago

I'm thinking about selling a Beatles official Stern topper. Does anyone know what they're currently going for?

#2030 6 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I'm thinking about selling a Beatles official Stern topper. Does anyone know what they're currently going for?

i payed $1700 a few months ago

#2031 6 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i payed $1700 a few months ago

Thank you

1 week later
#2032 6 months ago

After having my Beatles Gold on location I did a tune up...

#2033 6 months ago

Joining the club when it arrives in a few weeks. I don't see any key posts on this thread...is there anything I should do or look for when it arrives? I'm pretty good with machines in general so just looking for title specific tips. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#2034 5 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Joining the club when it arrives in a few weeks. I don't see any key posts on this thread...is there anything I should do or look for when it arrives? I'm pretty good with machines in general so just looking for title specific tips. Thanks!

Hope you enjoy this title as much as I do.
Fun stuff

1 week later
#2035 5 months ago

Unfortunately leaving the club soon, sold my Beatles Gold. Needed to make way for a new game. Buyer didn't want my topper, so I have it listed. Let me know if interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/168455

#2036 5 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Unfortunately leaving the club soon, sold my Beatles Gold. Needed to make way for a new game. Buyer didn't want my topper, so I have it listed. Let me know if interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/168455

Really? Who in their right mind wouldn't want this topper?

Well, regardless, you'll certainly be able to make good coin on that.

#2037 5 months ago

-SOLD

Selling some mods from my machine.
-tv that plays Beatles clips retails $165+shipping
-band members with mic and drums
-Guitars
-Beatles custom pingulp retails $50
All for $200 shipped

IMG_4095 (resized).jpegIMG_4095 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2038 4 months ago

I got a NIB stranger things pro about 3 weeks ago, and the game is not jiving with me. That being said I feel maybe I have not given it a fair chance. The reason I am posting here is I was offered a Beatles gold for trade. I only played Beatles once about half a dozen times. I enjoyed it a lot and was surprised, that being said I know it is different to play a game a few times and own it. Owners of the Beatles, do you think this game has staying power?

#2039 4 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Presumably they come standard with plastic air ball guards over the drop targets now, but back when this game was new we had to get them as a fix from Stern support. Also a metal guard for the left side plastic so the ball won't roll down the plastic and into the outlane. So look for those.

#2040 4 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I got a NIB stranger things pro about 3 weeks ago, and the game is not jiving with me. That being said I feel maybe I have not given it a fair chance. The reason I am posting here is I was offered a Beatles gold for trade. I only played Beatles once about half a dozen times. I enjoyed it a lot and was surprised, that being said I know it is different to play a game a few times and own it. Owners of the Beatles, do you think this game has staying power?

I do think it has staying power. It's more one of a kind than ST. Flat layout, no ramps, requires you to be on your toes to get a good score. I think it makes you a better over pinball player based on the quick responding. The shots are so fun and rewarding, too.

Stern only may 1964 of them, so it will be harder to obtain than more heavily licensed machines the longer it ages.

#2041 4 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I had my Beatles first. Then picked up a Stranger Things.

Still have Beatles, but Stranger Things is already gone. It didn't even last a year.

STh was fun for awhile, then felt repetitive and exhausting to play. Beatles can have a lot of fast frustrating games.

I think Beatles is way better.

#2042 4 months ago

Agree with others. I love my Beatles and would be one of the last to leave. Always a crowd pleaser when others come to play.

#2043 4 months ago

The Beatles, for me, is an interesting case. It's not really like any other modern Stern, which makes it unique. Some look at it as overly simplistic and not very deep code-wise (which it isn't), but damn, if it doesn't kick my butt! The rules don't seem to be all that difficult, but the modes can be a challenge to complete; in the 2 1/2 years that I've owned my Platinum, I've only reached "Taxman" once. The other nice thing about it is that the game times are not overly long; if I don't have a lot of time, I can get in a quick game (as compared to, say, Godzilla, which I do like, but can very easily turn into a marathon). If you already have a collection, Beatles is a great change of pace.

#2044 4 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

I had my Beatles first. Then picked up a Stranger Things.
Sttill have Beatles, but Stranger Things is already gone. It didn't even last a year.
STh was fun for awhile, then felt repetitive and exhausting to play. Beatles can have a lot of fast frustrating game. But man, when you start making shots, there's nothing better.
I think Beatles is way better.

I don’t mind hard games that are fair. Stranger things punishes you on some of the successful shots. I have done adjustments as well to it. Is Beatles a hard but fair game?

#2045 4 months ago

Is Beatles Fair?? Hmmm that’s a good question.

Well maybe not right or fair at times as it kicks my butt. That being said it’s fair enough where I don’t feel cheated if my game ends too quickly, it’s fair that the shots aren’t that difficult but after you make them the tricky paths the ball takes to come back down towards the flippers makes things challenging and it’s fair enough that I don’t get pissed off and just hit start again and again.

It’s my Stern EM/SS on Steroids. Good for when I want to play a quick game but I usually play more because of this. Love it.

#2046 4 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

It’s my Stern EM on Steroids. Good for when I want to play a quick game but I usually play more because of this. Love it.

I think this pretty much sums it up right there.

#2047 4 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I also didn't really take to STh, had it on a temp trade and I was ready for it to go after a couple months. It's fine, it's not a bad game but despite what popular opinion seems to be it isn't anywhere near the same league as Beatles. I think you'll be happy with that trade.

#2048 4 months ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

I also didn't really take to STh, had it on a temp trade and I was ready for it to go after a couple months. It's fine, it's not a bad game but despite what popular opinion seems to be it isn't anywhere near the same league as Beatles. I think you'll be happy with that trade.

Trade has been confirmed! Will be joining the club this week. Pretty pumped on this. Trade came out of nowhere and wasn’t a title I thought I would would own.

#2049 4 months ago

Beatles landed last night. What a beautiful looking pin. Very unique and I haven’t had something quite like it in my collection before. Thank you all for giving me some confidence on making the trade. most of my friends thought I was insane for trading stranger things, but I think they were wrong this time.

#2050 4 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

most of my friends thought I was insane for trading stranger things, but I think they were wrong this time.

Yeah, your friends were wrong. You traded up. Congrats.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

9,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 8.00
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.