(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 42.
#1851 11 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Pretty sure the launch price was $400 and not sure how many runs they did. I get the feeling they didn’t make a ton.

You are correct about initial pricing. If I recall, there were two runs.

#1852 11 months ago

Good news! I am about to finish a lit topper for the Beatles. Should have pictures up next week!

#1853 11 months ago
Quoted from MWM82:

Pinside MarketPlace is showing 2 toppers for sale from different sellers, starting at $2500 and up. What is up with these pricks?
Don't buy.

Curious what you think one is worth? They haven’t been made in three years.

#1854 11 months ago

I paid $1,500 around 5 months ago for a used one and that was my absolute limit.

#1855 11 months ago

I paid $1100 shipped for a used one in Feb 2022.

#1856 11 months ago

If someone listed one for $1750 shipped I'm confident it would sell quickly. So I'll say $1750

#1857 11 months ago

agreed. $2,500+ is fucking absurd but there's always "that guy" who needs it with deep pockets...

#1858 11 months ago

MOD Drop Day!

I got a three mods that dropped today for the Beatles! The first to order can use the following coupon code for Free Shipping ($8.50 off).

One (first to use it) free shipping code: P44J-GLKQ-6SR2-6SC7

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1509-bombermods/08564-beatles-hinge-side-art

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1509-bombermods/08563-vox-amp

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1509-bombermods/08565-beatles-shooter-plates

Troy @ BomberMods

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpgBeatles 1 (resized).jpgBeatles 1 (resized).jpgvox1 (resized).jpgvox1 (resized).jpg
#1859 11 months ago

Stunning Troy! You do some seriously good work my man! Thank you so much for designing this one - turned out fantastic!

IMG_1307 (resized).jpegIMG_1307 (resized).jpeg
#1860 11 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Curious what you think one is worth? They haven’t been made in three years.

I am not interested in inflating the scalper market or engaging those who try to con people. It's distateful for any hobby. A reaonable price for a non functional piece of plastic flair is not too much to ask. 2700 OBO nah, I could get a brand new Gibson Flying V.

#1861 11 months ago
Quoted from MWM82:

I am not interested in inflating the scalper market or engaging those who try to con people. It's distateful for any hobby. A reaonable price for a non functional piece of plastic flair is not too much to ask. 2700 OBO nah, I could get a brand new Gibson Flying V.

Who’s trying to con people? Your original comment was calling the sellers pricks which seems harsh. A reasonable price to you may be a deal to someone else looking.
And I agree, a new guitar is a better choice!

#1862 11 months ago
Quoted from MWM82:

Who determines what is reasonable? Prices will drop if people aren't going to pay that much. If some people will pay that much and you won't then you will just have to go with your Gibson Flying V and not have a Beatles topper. Kind of the way the whole free market economy thing works.

#1863 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

TroyS - hope all is well bud. May I commission you for another Beatles mod? So I went w the wizardmods diamond edition door and shooter plate to mix things up a bit. Like the coin door but Not too thrilled with the shooter plate as it is just a vinyl sticker (and won’t stick on well). Saw your Foo plate and as usual, the work is amazing. Any chance you can make a badass Beatles shooter plate to class my game up a bit? And yes, my dog likes hanging out underneath pinball machines.
[quoted image]

john where did you get the coin door magnet/decal?

#1864 11 months ago

Wizardmods - they have 3 different options

#1865 11 months ago

John-Floyd has the Prem door magnet here is the Gold edition one that I have.

17F4F7AC-6082-4347-8A32-0FD156DA285B (resized).jpeg17F4F7AC-6082-4347-8A32-0FD156DA285B (resized).jpeg
#1866 11 months ago

Quick question, new Beatles owner here!

Beatlemania, I understand you shoot the loops to get letters and when you spell it, you get an award. I also see there is a setting for how many letters to spot.

what I do not know is where are the letters ?!? Where do you see your progress to getting all the letters? I have looked all over the playfield and I don't see Beatlemania letters. Please educate the newbie

thanks!

mike

#1867 11 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Quick question, new Beatles owner here!
Beatlemania, I understand you shoot the loops to get letters and when you spell it, you get an award. I also see there is a setting for how many letters to spot.
what I do not know is where are the letters ?!? Where do you see your progress to getting all the letters? I have looked all over the playfield and I don't see Beatlemania letters. Please educate the newbie
thanks!
mike

They show on the display when you are awarded them. They show on the official Stern topper permanently if you have one.

#1868 11 months ago
Quoted from stevevt:

They show on the display when you are awarded them. They show on the official Stern topper permanently if you have one.

Thanks! I'm not at the game right now, when you say they show when awarded are you saying the award shows, or the letters show as the letters are awarded. Dumb me, didn't think of the display, was just looking for inserts

#1869 11 months ago

If you have the topper it shows the progress on it.
Otherwise I think it might briefly show on the LCD.

IMG_1506 (resized).jpegIMG_1506 (resized).jpegIMG_1508 (resized).jpegIMG_1508 (resized).jpeg
#1870 11 months ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

If someone listed one for $1750 shipped I'm confident it would sell quickly. So I'll say $1750

i just picked one up today for $1800 shipped, it was one of those guys asking $2500. wasn't going to pay a dime more than $1800 and he took the offer.

#1871 11 months ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Thanks I see it now, on the display.

One other question - what are owners thoughts on the glare from the backbox & LCD. Really hard to see the upper playfield do to the reflection. Im thinking its because this one is a bit brighter than my other games. Which seems to be the better solution - get the HD/anti glare glass for $200+ or just turn the LCD brightness down and turn the backbox WAY down during game play?

thanks again!

#1872 11 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

One other question - what are owners thoughts on the glare from the backbox & LCD. Really hard to see the upper playfield do to the reflection. Im thinking its because this one is a bit brighter than my other games. Which seems to be the better solution - get the HD/anti glare glass for $200+ or just turn the LCD brightness down and turn the backbox WAY down during game play?
thanks again!

You could try one of these for $12. Not as good as the fancy glass, but works ok for me.
https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html

#1873 11 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

thanks again!

mjmpin go to adjustments / #96 to turn down backbox lighting during gameplay. Most newer sterns have this feature.

#1874 11 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

mjmpin go to adjustments / #96 to turn down backbox lighting during gameplay. Most newer sterns have this feature.

While in game play I set mine to 5%. The glare is gone at that point.

#1875 11 months ago

Been contemplating getting a Beatles. Has anyone done a program with the Abbey Road music on it?

#1876 11 months ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Been contemplating getting a Beatles. Has anyone done a program with the Abbey Road music on it?

Some of the previous code you could load other songs but a game on current code and IC you are locked into the song list. Someone in the group chime in here and share what code version is needed??

#1877 11 months ago

mode time question

In the rule sheet it states that the modes are 60 seconds long, however in the settings it indicates factory setting is 30 seconds.

In play 30 seconds feels a bit short to accomplish all 5 levels, also the timer o note display that counts down, doesn't seem to start immediately, so I am wondering what people are setting for mode times & if the factory default may have changed with code updates?

It feels like 40 or 45 seconds feels about right, what are others using

thanks!

#1878 11 months ago

One additional...

sorry new Beatles owner here

at game start the coil fire seems significantly loud, I am thinking, please confirm that this is normal and its because all 3 drop target coils fire at one to reset rods before the trough coil loads the ball in the shooter lane.

Just seems really loud

thanks!

#1879 11 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

One additional...
sorry new Beatles owner here
at game start the coil fire seems significantly loud, I am thinking, please confirm that this is normal and its because all 3 drop target coils fire at one to reset rods before the trough coil loads the ball in the shooter lane.
Just seems really loud
thanks!

Yes this game starts loud but it does have a ton of droppers.

#1880 11 months ago

I played a Beatles Gold yesterday and really enjoyed it. Was thinking of picking it up, but a friend pointed out that it's a lot like the JB60th that I have and that they play very similarly. For me, theme is #1 and I love the Beatles and the way they were integrated into the game. Curious if any collectors have both of these pins and their opinion.

#1881 11 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

I played a Beatles Gold yesterday and really enjoyed it. Was thinking of picking it up, but a friend pointed out that it's a lot like the JB60th that I have and that they play very similarly. For me, theme is #1 and I love the Beatles and the way they were integrated into the game. Curious if any collectors have both of these pins and their opinion.

The only similarity is that they are both single level. Other than that they are completely different IMO.

#1882 11 months ago

I really dig the modes on Beatles. Simple to understand, pops, loops, spinners, drops…Fun music lights and call outs. Hopefully I can play the 60th anniversary Bond someplace to compare. The loops are my favorite, but it all works for my simple brain.

#1883 11 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

I don't have a JB, but I have played it often on location as I was interested in potentially getting one. I do have a Beatles.

in my opinion, not really similar in any way. Beatles is a uniquely improved vintage playfield. And plays like an 80s game for sure.

#1884 11 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Sounds like you enjoy new SS type games that have the combination of being fast, challenging and can be brutal. So in that way sure JB60 and Beatles are similar but there are really not many games made like this anymore, so I would grab a Beatles if one came up. Sounds like you stumbled upon a niche you like.

RebelGuitars has both games so maybe he will comment. We both enjoy our Beatles.

#1885 11 months ago

Sounds like you enjoy new SS type games that have the combination of being fast, challenging and can be brutal. So in that way sure JB60 and Beatles are similar but there are really not many games made like this anymore, so I would grab a Beatles if one came up. Sounds like you stumbled upon a niche you like.
RebelGuitars has both games so maybe he will comment. We both enjoy our Beatles.

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful responses. I think you hit the nail on the head! Let the negotiations begin!

#1886 11 months ago

On that note, can someone confirm that I can add the Stern Insider Connected to this game?

#1887 11 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

On that note, can someone confirm that I can add the Stern Insider Connected to this game?

Yep. The final run even came with it installed.

#1888 11 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Yeah I call Beatles “an SS on steroids” meaning it plays just as mean as the Ballys but a little faster and the newness of lighting and effects put it over the top! It’s not for everyone but for those that “get it” it’s a keeper. That’s me.

Yes what thekaiser82 said. I got a “last run” from the Pinball Dudes last year so my Beatles connected. Not a deal breaker if one doesn’t have it because you can add a kit to one that doesn’t have it. If I were you I would call the Dudes and see if they can call you if they ever get a Beatles in on trade?

Don’t know if you are aware but the website for FL pin and arcade lovers is this. A lot of fair deals down there. Great group of folks also!

https://villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

And I married a Boca girl. That’s why I am being extra helpful. Lived there for 10 years also.
Still go down to see her family sometimes.

Hope this helped. GLWTH!

#1889 11 months ago

Yeah I call Beatles “an SS on steroids” meaning it plays just as mean as the Ballys but a little faster and the newness of lighting and effects put it over the top! It’s not for everyone but for those that “get it” it’s a keeper. That’s me.
Yes what thekaiser82 said. I got a “last run” from the Pinball Dudes last year so my Beatles connected. Not a deal breaker if one doesn’t have it because you can add a kit to one that doesn’t have it. If I were you I would call the Dudes and see if they can call you if they ever get a Beatles in on trade?
Don’t know if you are aware but the website for FL pin and arcade lovers is this. A lot of fair deals down there. Great group of folks also!
https://villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
And I married a Boca girl. That’s why I am being extra helpful. Lived there for 10 years also.
Still go down to see her family sometimes.
Hope this helped. GLWTH!

Yes, thank you, very helpful! I actually emailed them today, waiting to hear back. I see that you're in Dunwoody. I flew for Delta for 30 years (took an early retirement in 2020 when Covid hit) and still have a lot of friends in the Atlanta area.

#1890 11 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Someone in the group chime in here and share what code version is needed??

Code 1.2 works and yes, there’s an Abbey Road mix

#1891 11 months ago
Quoted from Speck:

Code 1.2 works and yes, there’s an Abbey Road mix

Now just need to fine someone with 1.2?

#1892 11 months ago

Trying to get a good feel for what the Beatles Gold is selling for. Obviously there are a lot of factors; from a dealer/individual, condition, number of plays, etc. My research shows anywhere from around $7,500-11,500. Any thoughts??

#1893 11 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Trying to get a good feel for what the Beatles Gold is selling for. Obviously there are a lot of factors; from a dealer/individual, condition, number of plays, etc. My research shows anywhere from around $7,500-11,500. Any thoughts??

$7000’s for HUO. Lower $7000’s will be a harder find. $7500 is the typical sweet spot.

#1894 11 months ago

The motor for the spinning record. Can this mechanism be lubricated? Mine seems to be very loud (humming like sound) when spinning.

Might be my imagination but it seems to be getting louder, hoping its a Lub option

thanks!

mike

#1895 11 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

The motor for the spinning record. Can this mechanism be lubricated? Mine seems to be very loud (humming like sound) when spinning.
Might be my imagination but it seems to be getting louder, hoping its a Lub option
thanks!
mike

You can live it in the bottom but just do it lightly with all purpose oil.

#1896 11 months ago

Does anyone know which "version" of Insider Connected works with the Beatles Gold? Can't seem to find it listed anywhere. Thanks!

#1897 11 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Does anyone know which "version" of Insider Connected works with the Beatles Gold? Can't seem to find it listed anywhere. Thanks!

You need the Premium version, it’s the one without the plastic apron.

#1898 11 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:You need the Premium version, it’s the one without the plastic apron.

Great, thanks. I'll pick that up and the coin door mod.

#1899 11 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Great, thanks. I'll pick that up and the coin door mod.

I have coin door plates as well in any color you need.

#1900 11 months ago

Wondering if anyone has a fix. Occasionally the ball bounces off of the “four” targets when hit hard. I tried tightening the springs by shortening by a few rungs but no luck. I could remove the drop target bank to clean everything up but I’m reluctant to take it apart.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
10,282 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.