(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,107 posts
  • 240 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Crispin
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240502_072701 (resized).jpg
20240502_072738 (resized).jpg
20240502_072759 (resized).jpg
20240502_072728 (resized).jpg
20240502_072708 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240512_143307139_AE (resized).jpg
IMG_20240512_143902582_AE (resized).jpg
IMG_3775 (resized).png
IMG_2271 (resized).jpeg
4E8FD373-39E3-43A1-B12D-F0C1DE9B0933.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,107 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 43.
#2051 4 months ago

I used our Beatles gold as a backdrop for this video...

#2052 4 months ago

Is there a special mode in this pin on Christmas?
Or am I wrong?

#2053 4 months ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Is there a special mode in this pin on Christmas?
Or am I wrong?

If the machine date is correct, there are some holiday-themed callouts this time of year. I think there is a menu setting to toggle that feature on and off.

#2054 4 months ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

If the machine date is correct, there are some holiday-themed callouts this time of year. I think there is a menu setting to toggle that feature on and off.

I believe it's Adjustment 58.

I've owned the game almost 4 years and finally heard my first holiday callout today.

#2055 4 months ago

Na uw

Quoted from Spelunk71:

How do you know if the machine date is correct?

#2056 4 months ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Na uw

How do you know if the machine date is correct?

You can set the time and date in the menu under Utilities.

#2057 4 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You can set the time and date in the menu under Utilities.

Additionally if you have Insider Connect installed the date and time will automatically be maintained.

#2058 4 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

I had my Beatles first. Then picked up a Stranger Things.
Still have Beatles, but Stranger Things is already gone. It didn't even last a year.
STh was fun for awhile, then felt repetitive and exhausting to play. Beatles can have a lot of fast frustrating games.
I think Beatles is way better.

I love my Beatles and I love my Stranger Things Premium. They are both Keepers and will remain in my lineup. They are very different, but to me, that's what makes them both so entertaining. I love both themes, and both can certainly kick my butt, but at Game Over I always walk away smiling!

#2059 4 months ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

I love my Beatles and I love my Stranger Things Premium. They are both Keepers and will remain in my lineup. They are very different, but to me, that's what makes them both so entertaining. I love both themes, and both can certainly kick my butt, but at Game Over I always walk away smiling!

right. Both games are good and give a different mood, playing style and vibe. Beatles is faster. much faster.

1 week later
#2060 4 months ago

I am wondering if a shaker is worth it on this game?

#2061 4 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I am wondering if a shaker is worth it on this game?

Yes, it is. It's a big noticiable improvement. It spins tight and adds another element to the game. Highly recommend.

3 weeks later
#2062 3 months ago

anyone have a topper for sale by chance?

#2063 3 months ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

anyone have a topper for sale by chance?

This ad has a topper potentially for sale separately.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/170294

#2064 3 months ago

Any advice on care of the powder coat? I had a brassed out lotr once and it was prone to scratching and chipping?

#2065 3 months ago

Also, anyone have a Beatles and an LZ. Thoughts on having both in a smallish 4 pin line up?

#2066 3 months ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Also, anyone have a Beatles and an LZ. Thoughts on having both in a smallish 4 pin line up?

I have them both and are keepers. Beatles is just a much different style of game that I think it works if you don’t have any older single level games.

#2067 3 months ago

I can attest to the post above.

#2068 3 months ago

Any advice on care of the powder coat? I had a brassed out lotr once and it was prone to scratching and chipping?

No playing with rings on. Not sure how side rails or legs would get chips?

1 week later
#2069 3 months ago

I have owned them both at separate times, but don't see why that combo wouldn't pair well. They both play very differently and layouts are not even close to being the same. I have no single level games so Beatles is a breathe of fresh air in my line up.

#2070 3 months ago

My very causal playing Wife somehow blew up Beatles for 9.5M the other night. She later unsolicitedly said she wanted to set up her own Stern IC account to track progress. Didn’t think Beatles would be the one to get her to this point but here we are

2 weeks later
#2071 85 days ago

Can someone save me the search for how I can roll back my software version from 1.26 to the factory version so I can go back to playing my other retheme albums. or can I do just do that a factory reset for the earlier version.

#2072 83 days ago

For any wanna be Beatles owners, I'm offfering a very nice Beatles Gold w/topper for sale:

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Excellent condition Stern Beatles Gold pinball machine - home use only! Last run (12/27/21) build by Stern and includes Insider Connect feature. 100% working – only 713 lifetim...”
2024-02-28
Kitsap, WASHINGTON
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 330 times
Contributed to Pinside

#2073 81 days ago

I asked this in the LZ thread as well, but I’m looking from folks that have both Beatles and LZ. If you had to choose, which way would you go? Other pins in the room are AFM, DW, and WW, and they are all staying for now.

Moving Ghostbusters Pro out to make room.

Any insight would be great.

#2074 81 days ago

I have both and think they’re both great pins. Opposite ends of the spectrum, obviously a personal choice to choose depending on the gap you want to fill.
LZ is ramp heavy with much deeper code. 10 full tunes and would only consider a premium or LE version w the magic spinner. Beautiful lighting with the expression system.

Beatles has only 5 tunes or so and all are just segments of the old tunes, but it fits the modes well. Very simple rules, yet the game is very difficult to progress through with shorter ball times to due to the constant action of an old school layout. I’ve owed it for 2 years now and still haven’t made it to the taxman multiball. Great game with the buddies for quick and fast competitive games.
Overall, can’t go wrong with either if the price is right.

IMG_2085 (resized).jpegIMG_2085 (resized).jpeg

#2075 81 days ago

I asked this in the LZ thread as well, but I’m looking from folks that have both Beatles and LZ. If you had to choose, which way would you go? Other pins in the room are AFM, DW, and WW, and they are all staying for now.
Moving Ghostbusters Pro out to make room.
Any insight would be great.

I have them both and can’t go wrong either way, I say F’it only live once so get them both!

LZ has to be a pre/LE as mentioned above.

#2076 81 days ago

You guys are kill’n me!

#2077 81 days ago

I’ve owned both and Beatles is the one I still have. LZ was a ton of fun, but I wanted a short ball time single level game. So, Beatles won out.

#2078 78 days ago

You guys are kill’n me!

You could “just buy the deal” meaning grab either Beatles or LZ that shows up semi local to you at a decent price.

But you are in the Beatles thread so - I like Beatles better for that early 80’s Bally on steroids feel over LZ. Beatles ain’t easy but the quirky ways the ball can drain on me when I play have become comical at this point and I smile and hit start again

#2079 78 days ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

...I like Beatles better for that early 80’s Bally on steroids feel over LZ. Beatles ain’t easy but the quirky ways the ball can drain on me when I play have become comical at this point and I smile and hit start again

That pretty much sums it up right there!

#2080 78 days ago

I have both and love both. My Zeppelin pro has the deeper gameplay obviously, which is a nice contrast to Beatles. Both are superb shooters. If you feel like a long game, you go Zeppelin, and if you want that one more game feel, you go Beatles.
I’ve made it to Taxman multiball a couple times now, in fact I have the number 1 score on pinside at just over 40 million,

6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
#2081 78 days ago

It is great to see guys who own both Beatles and Zeppelin chime in here. I don’t own either, but really enjoy playing both machines. I think a lot of it boils down to what experience you are looking for. I can see owning both. I agree 100% that the Zeppelin needs to be at least a premium. I will likely buy whichever I can obtain locally at a good price. However, I believe the Beatles is more approachable and more difficult.

#2082 78 days ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I have both and love both. My Zeppelin pro has the deeper gameplay obviously, which is a nice contrast to Beatles. Both are superb shooters. If you feel like a long game, you go Zeppelin, and if you want that one more game feel, you go Beatles.
I’ve made it to Taxman multiball a couple times now, in fact I have the number 1 score on pinside at just over 40 million, [quoted image]

40 Million?! Now you are just showing off! Lol

#2083 78 days ago

Yeah, it seems like both is the best answer. It’s just which to get first. But I guess I will just have to grab which ever comes my way first and then be patient for the other. Thanks for all the insight, gang!

#2084 78 days ago

Really want a Beatles, can the screaming fans be turned off in game settings, and/or do the different songs code updates go to any length to minimize those?

If no to both questions, can that pinviewer software (or whatever it's called) knock those out?

I don't like crowd noise( Conversely, Kurt Russel telling me to shoot the pyramid bothers me none!

#2085 78 days ago

Does anyone know the rule that limits "unlimited" extra balls? My Beatles pin is set to "unlimited" but I have had several games where I do not get to play all the extra balls I am awarded. I work hard to get the extra balls and it's frustrating not knowing what the rule is. In my most recent game, I had at least six extra balls awarded, with four "in the queue," but I did not get to play them all. In that particular game, I got to play Taxman twice - maybe reaching Taxman deletes extra balls? Or Stern actually has a limit even when set to unlimited?

Yes, I know, most of you guys are resistant to the notion of changing default settings, particularly extra balls. I can't think of a reason to limit extras except for arcade play to increase revenue, or to keep competition on an equal footing. I'm not competing against anyone but myself. To each his own. I'm just trying to figure out what triggers the loss of awarded extra balls.

#2086 78 days ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

Does anyone know the rule that limits "unlimited" extra balls? My Beatles pin is set to "unlimited" but I have had several games where I do not get to play all the extra balls I am awarded. I work hard to get the extra balls and it's frustrating not knowing what the rule is. In my most recent game, I had at least six extra balls awarded, with four "in the queue," but I did not get to play them all. In that particular game, I got to play Taxman twice - maybe reaching Taxman deletes extra balls? Or Stern actually has a limit even when set to unlimited?
Yes, I know, most of you guys are resistant to the notion of changing default settings, particularly extra balls. I can't think of a reason to limit extras except for arcade play to increase revenue, or to keep competition on an equal footing. I'm not competing against anyone but myself. To each his own. I'm just trying to figure out what triggers the loss of awarded extra balls.

6 extra balls? 59 mil (your avatar score)? I'd start with taking the rubber bands off of the outlanes

#2087 78 days ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

Check the Adjustments setting under 1964.

Setting 13 Extra Ball Memory
Setting 14 Extra Ball Difficulty.

#2088 77 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

Check the Adjustments setting under 1964.
Setting 13 Extra Ball Memory
Setting 14 Extra Ball Difficulty.

Thanks! I really don't change that many settings, so I had not come across those. I don't know that I will change them, but I will see what options it gives me and maybe that will tell me what the real limit it.

jitneystand1 Rubber bands on the outlanes - what a great idea! (kidding) When I got that score Sunday, I thought I had beat my high score by about 6 million. Turns out I only beat it by 50,000.

#2089 77 days ago

Heck I got 14,185,460 a week ago and I was so jazzed that I thought I was in the front row of one of their concerts! 59 million and I would think they were playing in my living room!! What an awesome score you had!!!

#2090 77 days ago

Yeah, it seems like both is the best answer. It’s just which to get first. But I guess I will just have to grab which ever comes my way first and then be patient for the other. Thanks for all the insight, gang!

It’s kinda fun hunting and waiting for a game to pop up. If you have more then one game on your list you are in better shape to find one. If you have space and cash ready it’s all systems go when it’s time to pull the trigger

1 week later
#2091 65 days ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

Thanks! I really don't change that many settings, so I had not come across those. I don't know that I will change them, but I will see what options it gives me and maybe that will tell me what the real limit it.

Those settings mentioned above will only change how hard it is to collect the extra balls. The setting for the number of extra balls allowed is in the standard adjustments. The default for Beatles is 3.

1 week later
#2092 58 days ago

I just got another Beatles and was hoping to get an updated code with the White Album and Revolver remixes. Does anybody know if these were ever updated for the old 1.10? Shame to see these fade away.

3 weeks later
#2093 36 days ago

Got a Beatles back yesterday finally! Sold my platinum with topper during covid when I had no room for pins and missed it. Got a gold yesterday. Wish I had kept the stupid topper I paid $450 for back then.

Anyone want to sell a topper pm me. I know it will be $$$

#2094 34 days ago

My friend found this, I'd never seen one before .

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#2095 19 days ago

Ok, guys how about this one? I might do it. Found on Ebay.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2096 19 days ago
Quoted from MWM82:

Ok, guys how about this one?

4E8FD373-39E3-43A1-B12D-F0C1DE9B0933.gif4E8FD373-39E3-43A1-B12D-F0C1DE9B0933.gif
#2097 19 days ago
Quoted from MWM82:

Ok, guys how about this one? I might do it. Found on Ebay.
[quoted image]

Ohhh someone is gonna get lucky wearing that one!!

#2098 13 days ago

Hey Beatlemaniacs!

I am going to de-populate, clean and wax my Beatles Platinum tomorrow and swap out with Titan rubber. Quick question:

Have any of you used oil on your spinner assemblies? I'm thinking about it (I use it on my EMs and early SSs), but with them being opto spinners (no leaf switch and actuator pin to impede movement over a set of spins) I worry that oiling them up will make them crazy active and really boost scores up, especially during Ticket To Ride mode.

Would love to hear from any of you who have thoughts about this!

Cheers,

Tim in Motown

PS IT WONT BELONG - YEAH!

#2099 10 days ago

Finally hit Taxman Multiball for the first time. By far my best game ever. Damn this game is tough but a fun one!

IMG_2271 (resized).jpegIMG_2271 (resized).jpeg
#2100 10 days ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

Hey Beatlemaniacs!
I am going to de-populate, clean and wax my Beatles Platinum tomorrow and swap out with Titan rubber. Quick question:
Have any of you used oil on your spinner assemblies? I'm thinking about it (I use it on my EMs and early SSs), but with them being opto spinners (no leaf switch and actuator pin to impede movement over a set of spins) I worry that oiling them up will make them crazy active and really boost scores up, especially during Ticket To Ride mode.
Would love to hear from any of you who have thoughts about this!
Cheers,
Tim in Motown
PS IT WONT BELONG - YEAH!

For the spinners I use Super Lube. Works great on the spinners and they will spin for days.

IMG_3775 (resized).pngIMG_3775 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 8.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,107 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.