(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 42.
#1901 11 months ago
Quoted from Speck:

Wondering if anyone has a fix. Occasionally the ball bounces off of the “four” targets when hit hard. I tried tightening the springs by shortening by a few rungs but no luck. I could remove the drop target bank to clean everything up but I’m reluctant to take it apart.

If you call Stern they will send you the air ball kit to prevent that for free.

#1902 11 months ago
Quoted from Speck:

Wondering if anyone has a fix. Occasionally the ball bounces off of the “four” targets when hit hard. I tried tightening the springs by shortening by a few rungs but no luck. I could remove the drop target bank to clean everything up but I’m reluctant to take it apart.

Check and see if you have the air ball kit installed or in coin box. If not email Stern with your serial number and they will get you set up with the kit. It’s basically a precut plastic that installs over the top of the drops and keeps the air balls down

IMG_8390 (resized).jpegIMG_8390 (resized).jpeg
#1903 11 months ago
Quoted from mlev25:

Check and see if you have the air ball kit installed or in coin box. If not email Stern with your serial number and they will get you set up with the kit. It’s basically a precut plastic that installs over the top of the drops and keeps the air balls down [quoted image]

It’s not the airball, I have the kit. The targets don’t drop when hit. They just bounce off. It doesn’t happen that often but enough to be annoying.

#1904 10 months ago

I asked about this awhile back but did not solicit much response. So I read through all 38 pages of the thread to see if anyone had commented or experienced anything regarding the spinning disk motor. But I did no see any comments. So I thought I would bother you all to ask again...

I am wondering if what I am hearing is totally normal, or if I may have an issue or bad motor/assembly. Very expensive to buy a new one and replace if nothing is different.

My machines are at home and typically its pretty quiet. Volume of pins is not up very high. That said, when the disk spins I can clearly hear it, which is bothering me. I disassembled the mech & cleaned/lubricated all the gears, had no affect. I did not observe anything problematic, its a strange motor assembly and appears to just make a lot of noise when running. I am trying to understand if it should be quiet when running, many motors are, but I have nothing to compare it to. The fact that while I am playing, I am bothered by hearing the disk spin - is making me not enjoy the game. It won't overtake the music if playing, but when the music is in a quiet spot, the spinning disk is extremely noticeable.

Can anyone share if they can hear the motor/mech or is it/should it be quiet? I am trying to determine if its me or the motor

thanks!

Mike

#1905 10 months ago

I have to say I don't notice the sound of the motor spinning myself when playing.... But perhaps I have had too much loud music and concerts in my life

#1906 10 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

I asked about this awhile back but did not solicit much response. So I read through all 38 pages of the thread to see if anyone had commented or experienced anything regarding the spinning disk motor. But I did no see any comments. So I thought I would bother you all to ask again...
I am wondering if what I am hearing is totally normal, or if I may have an issue or bad motor/assembly. Very expensive to buy a new one and replace if nothing is different.
My machines are at home and typically its pretty quiet. Volume of pins is not up very high. That said, when the disk spins I can clearly hear it, which is bothering me. I disassembled the mech & cleaned/lubricated all the gears, had no affect. I did not observe anything problematic, its a strange motor assembly and appears to just make a lot of noise when running. I am trying to understand if it should be quiet when running, many motors are, but I have nothing to compare it to. The fact that while I am playing, I am bothered by hearing the disk spin - is making me not enjoy the game. It won't overtake the music if playing, but when the music is in a quiet spot, the spinning disk is extremely noticeable.
Can anyone share if they can hear the motor/mech or is it/should it be quiet? I am trying to determine if its me or the motor
thanks!
Mike

Hey Mike,

Is the noise like a motor hum, if that’s the case I can hear mine but I can expect that when it’s in full spin. Can you deacribe what you hear? If you spin the disc by hand is it silent?

I have Turtles with a spinning disk and don’t hear that one over the pin sound. With no volume I can hear the disk spin but not the motor running.

Let’s figure this out.

I

#1907 10 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Hey Mike,
Is the noise like a motor hum, if that’s the case I can hear mine but I can expect that when it’s in full spin. Can you deacribe what you hear? If you spin the disc by hand is it silent?
I have Turtles with a spinning disk and don’t hear that one over the pin sound. With no volume I can hear the disk spin but not the motor running.
Let’s figure this out.
I

Thanks, I'll try to describe, but if needed we can PM and I can send a brief audio/video clip. There is definitely a hum, like a transformer hum but additionally there is a slight edge to it, a ratcheting or mechanical agitation sound which is consistent with the hum.

When I took it all apart, I assumed gear noise, but cleaned & greased the gears and that had no affect. I pulled out the motor armature and cleaned it, the contacts to hit the brushes are on the end of the cylinder and its possible that the sound I am hearing is those contacts hitting the brushes, but cant be certain. Everything seems to work fine, but when it spins its not quite. turning the motor by hand doesn't create the speed needed to notice noise. With the motor removed I can spin the disk in the playfield and that is dead quiet, so its not the disk mech.

The easiest way to describe why this bothers me is...If I start a game and close my eyes, I can EASILY always know when the disk spins, cause I can hear it and I would have hoped that it would be mostly undetectable during play.

best,

Mike

#1908 10 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Thanks, I'll try to describe, but if needed we can PM and I can send a brief audio/video clip. There is definitely a hum, like a transformer hum but additionally there is a slight edge to it, a ratcheting or mechanical agitation sound which is consistent with the hum.
When I took it all apart, I assumed gear noise, but cleaned & greased the gears and that had no affect. I pulled out the motor armature and cleaned it, the contacts to hit the brushes are on the end of the cylinder and its possible that the sound I am hearing is those contacts hitting the brushes, but cant be certain. Everything seems to work fine, but when it spins its not quite. turning the motor by hand doesn't create the speed needed to notice noise. With the motor removed I can spin the disk in the playfield and that is dead quiet, so its not the disk mech.
The easiest way to describe why this bothers me is...If I start a game and close my eyes, I can EASILY always know when the disk spins, cause I can hear it and I would have hoped that it would be mostly undetectable during play.
best,
Mike

If it helps I can record my game starting and the can see if it’s the same?

#1909 10 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I like that plan if you don't mind the bother? Tonight I will video my disk spinning, I'll turn the audio volume off and capture the sound from above the playfield, glass on. I'll PM it to you

maybe you can do the same & we can get a quick answer from comparing them

you support is extremely appreciated!

thanks

mike

#1910 10 months ago

What is the trick/what am I missing when trying to start a second mode on the same ball after completing it or timing out?

As I understand it, you hit the fab and four drops, then shoot the loop tot he magnet and it starts another mode.

I have seen this happen a couple times, but more often...

I complete a mode, then the Fab Four drops may be partially up or down, not sure if I have to wait until they reset so they are all up?? Regardless, when I complete the fab - the video colors in FAB, then when I hit the FOUR, it colors in FOUR, but rarely will it color in both and say "Fab Four" which I assume is what you need? mine just keeps alternating back & forth. Shooting the magnet does nothing most often, so I just keep hitting FAB & Four drops over and over again but never accomplish what is supposed to happen. A few times, when the bonus light is lit behind FAB, the FABs won't even come back up, unless you hit the target, but I thought you could stack modes for that bonus, but could never start another one if the FABs are down ???

I must be confused

I am seriously missing how this works and the rule sheet must not be telling me something, its apparently not as simple as it sounds

thanks!

mike

#1911 10 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I sent you a PM

#1912 10 months ago

When the timer ends on the first mode, the FAB and FOUR target banks will both reset, and the Super Jackpot target lights. This is when you need to hit the FAB FOUR drops again. Any completions you earned during the mode don't count. When the FAB targets are down, they will stay down until you either hit the Super Jackpot target or start the second mode.

You can't light the next mode until the first one ends, and there's no way to finish a mode early.

#1913 10 months ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:When the timer ends on the first mode, the FAB and FOUR target banks will both reset, and the Super Jackpot target lights. This is when you need to hit the FAB FOUR drops again. Any completions you earned during the mode don't count. When the FAB targets are down, they will stay down until you either hit the Super Jackpot target or start the second mode.
You can't light the next mode until the first one ends, and there's no way to finish a mode early.

OK this is helping a bit! So the mode isn't over when you get even 5 and the screen says "completed" ? you have to wait for the timer to end, that seems odd, but may be the biggest part of my issue. I am trying to hit the Fab Four drops immediately after I achieve level 5, thinking the mode is complete.

#1914 10 months ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

When the timer ends on the first mode, the FAB and FOUR target banks will both reset, and the Super Jackpot target lights. This is when you need to hit the FAB FOUR drops again. Any completions you earned during the mode don't count. When the FAB targets are down, they will stay down until you either hit the Super Jackpot target or start the second mode.

What may have confused me is this statement from the rule sheet - "Once a mode has ended (whether by time running out, or by completing it after level 5 has been reached), the next mode can be started by completing F-A-B and F-O-U-R, then shooting the upper magnet"

#1915 10 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

OK this is helping a bit! So the mode isn't over when you get even 5 and the screen says "completed" ? you have to wait for the timer to end, that seems odd, but may be the biggest part of my issue. I am trying to hit the Fab Four drops immediately after I achieve level 5, thinking the mode is complete.

I always go for the super jackpot after the mode ends. This is not the right thing to do?

#1916 10 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

I always go for the super jackpot after the mode ends. This is not the right thing to do?

I'm not sure, I read that you can stack and get more points, but I haven't done that yet.

"if multiple modes are completed on the same ball without scoring the Super Jackpot, the value will be multiplied by however many modes were played beforehand. (i.e. if you complete 2 modes without collecting the Super Jackpot and then collect it, it will award a 2x Super Jackpot for your 1st mode and a 1x Super Jackpot for your 2nd mode. This can go up to 5x for completing all five modes!)"

#1917 10 months ago

I've been meaning to update that rulesheet, because at least on the latest code it's incorrect. After you reach level 5 (or whatever it's set to) to complete the level, you can continue to hit more of the objective. Each extra levels worth of the objective gives you 100k and adds that score to the super jackpot at the end of the mode.

Quoted from Methos:

It's often the right thing to do, but if you're pretty confident you can let it ride and collect it at a higher value after another mode.

Say you play Ticket to Ride first, and then you start Drive My Car before collecting the TtR jackpot. If you complete Drive My Car, now the super jackpot target will be worth 2x TtR + 1x DMC. If you delayed collecting the super again and played/finished All My Loving, then the super jackpot target would be worth 3x TtR + 2x DMC + 1x AML.

#1918 10 months ago

Two great things tonight:

1. New high score.
2. FINALLY, TAXMAN!!!

I will NEVER get sick of this game. Ever.

So good to finally get to Taxman. I could feel myself getting closer and closer over the last few months. Now to get there again and keep building on that score. Cheers to all you Beatlemaniacs out there who have one of these amazing machines.

20230602_021624 (resized).jpg20230602_021624 (resized).jpg
#1919 10 months ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

Two great things tonight:
1. New high score.
2. FINALLY, TAXMAN!!!
I will NEVER get sick of this game. Ever.
So good to finally get to Taxman. I could feel myself getting closer and closer over the last few months. Now to get there again and keep building on that score. Cheers to all you Beatlemaniacs out there who have one of these amazing machines.
[quoted image]

I went a few months without getting there then 3 times in one week. The points rack up quickly and the light and sound show are just amazing. Of course once that ball is done, that’s it, you’re back to square one which is a bit of a letdown. I wish it built from there and have you a new goal.

#1920 10 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

- I think - that after you’ve completed the mode but the timer is still running - that’s when you rack up the big bonus points. Not sure though. I keep at it even after completing to continue building.

#1921 10 months ago

I've been meaning to update that rulesheet, because at least on the latest code it's incorrect. After you reach level 5 (or whatever it's set to) to complete the level, you can continue to hit more of the objective. Each extra levels worth of the objective gives you 100k and adds that score to the super jackpot at the end of the mode.

It's often the right thing to do, but if you're pretty confident you can let it ride and collect it at a higher value after another mode.
Say you play Ticket to Ride first, and then you start Drive My Car before collecting the TtR jackpot. If you complete Drive My Car, now the super jackpot target will be worth 2x TtR + 1x DMC. If you delayed collecting the super again and played/finished All My Loving, then the super jackpot target would be worth 3x TtR + 2x DMC + 1x AML.

I think that is what my problem/confusion was. As soon as I see the level 5 info, Id start trying to hit the fab four drops to start another mode, but in reality, the mode I'm in hasn't ended yet! Have to let the timer run out, should clarify that on the rulesheet

thanks!

#1922 10 months ago

Thanks - i thought it was all for non - meaning that each mode had it's own JP and if you missed it, it was gone.

#1923 10 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

I played a Beatles Gold yesterday and really enjoyed it. Was thinking of picking it up, but a friend pointed out that it's a lot like the JB60th that I have and that they play very similarly. For me, theme is #1 and I love the Beatles and the way they were integrated into the game. Curious if any collectors have both of these pins and their opinion.

If I had to choose, I’m take the Bond 60th over Beatles everyday.

Beatles are my favorite band ever. I’ve only ever seen a couple Bond movies. I think the Bond plays better and has deeper rules.

#1924 10 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If I had to choose, I’m take the Bond 60th over Beatles everyday. ... I think the Bond plays better and has deeper rules.

And requires a lot deeper pockets of course.

#1925 10 months ago

I noticed my game stopped keeping the time and date after turning it off, even after changing the battery. I think maybe the contacts got bent in the battery compartment, but I’m not sure exactly how they are supposed to look.

Would someone take a closeup picture of the battery compartment for me? Nothing I found online has a detailed enough picture to be helpful. I attached a few of mine for comparison. Thanks!

IMG_1358 (resized).jpegIMG_1358 (resized).jpegIMG_1359 (resized).jpegIMG_1359 (resized).jpegIMG_1360 (resized).jpegIMG_1360 (resized).jpeg
#1926 10 months ago

Finally was able to add a Beatles to my collection...love it!

IMG_0928 (resized).JPGIMG_0928 (resized).JPG
#1927 10 months ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I noticed my game stopped keeping the time and date after turning it off, even after changing the battery. I think maybe the contacts got bent in the battery compartment, but I’m not sure exactly how they are supposed to look.
Would someone take a closeup picture of the battery compartment for me? Nothing I found online has a detailed enough picture to be helpful. I attached a few of mine for comparison. Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Update: Pablo at Stern helped me to get the battery working. He’s a good guy.

#1928 10 months ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Update: Pablo at Stern helped me to get the battery working. He’s a good guy.

What was it?

#1929 10 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

[quoted image]

Sweet collection. A 007 LE and the Elwin! Just perfect. Oh yeah lol… congrats on the Beatles!

#1930 10 months ago

Don’t just yank the battery out like I did and bend the contacts. I was able to get it back in shape with some trial and error but learned my lesson.

#1931 10 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Sweet collection. A 007 LE and the Elwin! Just perfect. Oh yeah lol… congrats on the Beatles!

Thanks!

#1932 10 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

[quoted image]

That was quick. May want to look at Pulp Fiction down the line also. I am not sure because I haven’t played it yet but it may fit the Bond 60th/Beatles vibe. I will give it a look for myself.

I say down the line because CGC is soooo slow.

#1933 10 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

[quoted image]

Beautiful collection! Now get those windows covered!

#1934 10 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

That was quick. May want to look at Pulp Fiction down the line also. I am not sure because I haven’t played it yet but it may fit the Bond 60th/Beatles vibe. I will give it a look for myself.
I say down the line because CGC is soooo slow.

Pulp Fiction would totally fit that collection!

1 week later
#1936 10 months ago

Why doesn't the post between inner/outer lanes have rubber? Seems odd and would mark up balls? Looks like its designed for a rubber. Can a small rubber fit without disrupting ability to flow into lanes?

thanks!

#1937 10 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Why doesn't the post between inner/outer lanes have rubber? Seems odd and would mark up balls? Looks like its designed for a rubber. Can a small rubber fit without disrupting ability to flow into lanes?
thanks!

should be in your goody bag in the coin box

#1938 10 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Yep mine had two in the bag. When I put the one on the right outlane the ball could no longer roll down the right outlane and would get trapped. I didn’t investigate if there was an adjustment I could do to make it work.

#1939 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Yep mine had two in the bag. When I put the one on the right outlane the ball could no longer roll down the right outlane and would get trapped. I didn’t investigate if there was an adjustment I could do to make it work.

no adjustment, just have to trim it down a bit or find a slightly smaller one.

#1940 10 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

no adjustment, just have to trim it down a bit or find a slightly smaller one.

Ahh. Yeah it didn’t occur to me to trim it a bit.

#1941 10 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Thanks, interesting, why would they not have been installed? I bought mine used so no goody bag, can you share what size/diameter, so I can grab some?

#1942 10 months ago

I had issues with rubber on the left post. Sometimes when I hit a super jackpot it would hit the rubber and bounce to the out lane.

I just keep them both off.

#1943 10 months ago

Hi all! Just got a late build Beatles Gold (12/21 - with Insider Connect) - Love the game as I knew I would, but I have toppers on my other Sterns - so you know what that means

Does anyone have a topper for sale? I know they're expensive - I'd buy a used topper as well if someone is selling their machine and wants to make more money. Last few I've seen have gone around 1500-1800 new.

Thank you!

#1944 10 months ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Hi all! Just got a late build Beatles Gold (12/21 - with Insider Connect) - Love the game as I knew I would, but I have toppers on my other Sterns - so you know what that means
Does anyone have a topper for sale? I know they're expensive - I'd buy a used topper as well if someone is selling their machine and wants to make more money. Last few I've seen have gone around 1500-1800 new.
Thank you!

unfortunately used ones are about 1800 plus now.

1 week later
#1945 9 months ago

After about 300 plays this happened. Anyone else have this happen? Parts on on order from Stern.

IMG_0968 (resized).jpgIMG_0968 (resized).jpgIMG_0969 (resized).JPGIMG_0969 (resized).JPGIMG_0970 (resized).JPGIMG_0970 (resized).JPG
#1946 9 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

After about 300 plays this happened. Anyone else have this happen? Parts on on order from Stern.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, it happens constantly, unfortunately. The part is made of inferior materials. Stern knows about the issue but doesn’t care. At least the part is cheap, so just order a bunch of them in the different sizes (3 and 4 target) and replace as needed. Hopefully someone will make a more robust version for sale at some point.

#1947 9 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Spelunk71:

Yes, it happens constantly, unfortunately. The part is made of inferior materials. Stern knows about the issue but doesn’t care. At least the part is cheap, so just order a bunch of them in the different sizes (3 and 4 target) and replace as needed. Hopefully someone will make a more robust version for sale at some point.

I had this happen a few times to me, too. I finally made my own replacements out of aluminum 2 years ago; they have been rock solid ever since:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/22#post-6372756

#1948 9 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I had this happen a few times to me, too. I finally made my own replacements out of aluminum 2 years ago; they have been rock solid ever since:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/22#post-6372756

Wow....love that! Are you able to make one for sale? If so, please let me know!

#1949 9 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Put them on the pinside marketplace - I would buy some. I just had a single drop target one break on my GB that is waiting for me to fix today (by coincidence).

#1950 9 months ago

I would buy as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

10,282 (OBO)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.