20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 350.
#10651 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

I have to admit to looking at some pictures of a Williams Highways recently... that even I thought was way too much. The thing looked absolutely ugly... or perhaps hideous is the word.
The guy that had it said that the cabinet was really yellowed and I thought to myself... good! But then when I 'saw' it... yuck! I have 'never' seen a cabinet that looked like that!
They must have put the cabinet in a big trash bag... and blown cigarette smoke in there... I don't know.

In this thread?

#10652 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

In this thread?

Not sure what you mean??

#10653 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Aurich did you see it up close?

In defense of this pin, I have, personally, seen it up close and played it many times. I have seen 3 unique Strange Worlds. One at Pinball Forever. One at Arcade Expo. And this one. This one is in the best shape of the three that I have seen. All I can say is that I personally feel that this pin is actually underpriced. I've talked to a number of people who have said this pin is worth $1300-$2300 depending on condition. If this was in my collection, I wouldn't let it go for less than $1800. I would give it a solid 7/10 and regarding play, imho, it is actually what I would consider a play trainer. To play this game you need to use extreme ball control. After mastering this game, I'd wager your abilities increase dramatically.

#10654 9 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

All I can say is that I personally feel that this pin is actually underpriced.

Yeah, I was actually surprised he listed it so low, I know he's sad to let it go.

It's a very cool pin, I love the art and it's rare. But it's not the wedgehead I'd pick for someone starting and EM collection.

#10655 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But it's not the wedgehead I'd pick for someone starting and EM collection.

I would agree that this may not be a good game for a single game house. However, I see no problem with this game being the first EM game in a collection. Also, someone commented that it was easy. There is no way this game is easy. There is no way to cradle and this game has some of the hardest shots I have ever seen. Additionally, in order to truly drive the score up, you need to hit 12 unique shots with the same ball. I never managed to even come close to rolling it. I don't think the owner has managed to either.

PF.JPGPF.JPG
#10656 9 years ago
#10657 9 years ago
#10658 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a very cool pin, I love the art and it's rare. But it's not the wedgehead I'd pick for someone starting and EM collection.

Agreed. The last single player Gottlieb EM that I think was good made 8/1978 was Hit The Deck, good Gameplay/Ruleset/Artwork. After that it all started going downhill for Wedgeheads up to the end for Ruleset/Gameplay. After HTD/Neptune, only the Artwork held it's own IMO.

Ken

#10659 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Patina Shmatina.. I like my pins crispy. My latest restore in progress. Guess the game win a (virtual) cigar

IMG_4518.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_4571.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

To each his own. That didn't look too bad to me. To your credit, you did do a very nice repaint on it.
And...although you don't see too many of them despite the relatively high reported production number, it wasn't like it was a desireable wedgehead or something. For some reason, I can tolerate repaints on particular games, but not on others. I guess I'm just funny that way!

#10660 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

In this thread?

Okay... I talked to DirtFlipper and he told me what the deal was on this.

Sorry about that... don't ask me where my mind was!

No... I got the pictures from another collector. Maybe I'll ask him if he would mind if I posted them on here. Don't know why he 'would'... but just as a matter of propriety.

#10661 9 years ago

Give the man a cigar!

#10662 9 years ago

Sky Jump for $750 in Lincoln:
lincoln.craigslist.org link

Looks promising. Surf Champ sitting next to it too.

#10663 9 years ago

In China, 2015 is the year of the Sheep. It is looking like in America, it is the year of the Sky Jump!

#10664 9 years ago

Surf Champ at an estate sale in VA this Fri:
http://vandvantiques.com/estate-sales/

#10665 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

In China, 2015 is the year of the Sheep. It is looking like in America, it is the year of the Sky Jump!

I like its a fun game and I do believe one will be in my house soon..

#10666 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Quoted from bellbrand:

I like its a fun game and I do believe one will be in my house soon..

I already locked one in which I will pick up at the end of TPF to start my official Atlantis vs Sky Jump trials.

Ken

#10667 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I already locked one in which I will pick up at the end of TPF to start my official Atlantis vs Sky Jump trials.
Ken

You're on a roll!

#10668 9 years ago
Quoted from iron00monkey:

You're on a roll!

You too!

Ken

#10670 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Ken

Damn..

#10671 9 years ago

You're only an hour away, assuming you have a way to haul it.

Try before you buy is the way to go. And that one looks great.

#10672 9 years ago

He's weird I emailed him awhile back before I bought the Atlantis

#10673 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

orangecounty.craigslist.org link
Wow this one dropped in price..

Yeah, from absurdly overpriced to just overpriced.

#10674 9 years ago

Are you going to increase your collection number?

#10675 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

In this thread?

Here's the pictures of that yellowed cabinet on the Higways I was talking about.

I don't mind and actually 'like' that look... but this one is a little much for even me.

Yellowed Higways cabinet (front).jpgYellowed Higways cabinet (front).jpg

Yellowed Higways cabinet (side).jpgYellowed Higways cabinet (side).jpg

#10676 9 years ago

Wow, that is grungy. I'm guessing a lot of that grime would clean off. Highways is cool, for the right price I'd have still snagged it.

#10677 9 years ago

They might have actually used the cigar holders on that one that are now missing.

#10678 9 years ago
Quoted from iron00monkey:

Are you going to increase your collection number?

Yep. Going from 5 pins / 1 Gun game to 8 pins / 3 Gun Games once I have the new arcade built. I could get more pins in there but that damn Ball Bowler I want is just going to take up so much room.

Ken

#10679 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Wow, that is grungy. I'm guessing a lot of that grime would clean off. Highways is cool, for the right price I'd have still snagged it.

that would fit right in here...

#10680 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Yep. Going from 5 pins / 1 Gun game to 8 pins / 3 Gun Games once I have the new arcade built. I could get more pins in there but that damn Ball Bowler I want is just going to take up so much room.
Ken

Excellent. Keep it up!

#10681 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

That is why it won't advance past the "1" position.
There are two arms that need to pivot freely that allow this unit to advance properly. They allow it to ratchet one position at a time. If they are not engaged the unit will free wheel as you are seeing.
Refer to the image in the previous post. The pivot positioned where A-1059 is pointing needs to pivot freely. If it doesn't, get some Tri-Flow teflon lube in a 2oz squeeze bottle at a bicycle shop and apply it to both sides of this member using the tube and work the pivot action back and forth until it moves freely.
Then, the member that A-517 spring is attached to (the small tab end) also needs to pivot freely. you can see the pivot position of that member at the circle on the side of it. One of these are probably the reason your stepper unit will not advance properly. Apply more lube here and work them loose and you should be good to go in terms of the normal operation of this unit. The rivet plate still needs to be scrubbed with a scotch brite pad and then some SuperLube applied for longevity. Get SuperLube at Harbor Freight. About $7 a tube.

Oh ya who fixed this!!! I did

#10682 9 years ago

But now the scoring is off. I don't think it's possible to roll it over on the first ball. Any suggestions??

#10683 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Oh ya who fixed this!!! I did

we knew you could do it... that's why we shamed you into it...

congrats on your first em repair!!!

#10684 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I don't think it's possible to roll it over on the first ball. Any suggestions??

Time to get a 60s EM with two inch flippers and massive outlanes.

#10685 9 years ago

Here's the pictures of that yellowed cabinet on the Higways I was talking about.
I don't mind and actually 'like' that look... but this one is a little much for even me.
Yellowed Higways cabinet (front).jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Yellowed Higways cabinet (side).jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Lay it on it's side, and cover the entire thing with rags. Then get some Castrol "Super Clean", and saturate the rags with it. Let it sit like that for about five minutes, pull off the rags, then scrub the cabinet with a scotch brite pad, keeping the pad wet with hot water. If that doesn't get the brown crud off, nothing will and it's a repaint for sure. That's an easy one to do. You could try the same thing with "Goof Off" (at least the old formula), but it will probably take a few years off your life.

#10687 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Time to get a 60s EM with two inch flippers and massive outlanes.

Time to get a Big Hurt!!!!!

#10688 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

we knew you could do it... that's why we shamed you into it...
congrats on your first em repair!!!

Yes but now how do I fix the scoring every switch is scoring like 1000 pts

#10689 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Time to get a Big Hurt!!!!!

Now there's something you don't read every day. Not even the all DMD guys give that one much love. It just happens to still be one that I still really like. And baseball season is right around the corner. Go Angels!

#10690 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

And now the ball doesn't eject... Ha good times

#10691 9 years ago

good.jpeggood.jpeg

#10692 9 years ago

Yellowed Higways cabinet (front).jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Yellowed Higways cabinet (side).jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That is pretty grungy. Not below my standards though if the price was right

#10693 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

That is pretty grungy. Not below my standards though if the price was right

If I had the room, I wouldn't have let that stand in my way either.

As I recall, it had a really nice playfield and glass.

#10694 9 years ago

Wow... that's scarier than Bram Stoker's Dracula!

#10695 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

so that you can get a more focused discussion of the "fixin", start up a thread... that way you can work through it step by step... people will chime in and guide you...

#10696 9 years ago

swing along - $2500 - philadelphia (pa)

these sell for over 4000 when totally refurbished...

this one, however, will be for sale for quite some time...

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10697 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

swing along - $2500 - philadelphia (pa)
these sell for over 4000 when totally refurbished...
this one, however, will be for sale for quite some time...
" target="_blank">philadelphia.craigslist.org link
image.jpg

Hey look a $500 dollar machine that must have an envelope of cash inside equal to 2000 dollars!

#10698 9 years ago

'58 Wms Soccer Kick-Off in KC for $500:
kansascity.craigslist.org link

#10699 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

'58 Wms Soccer Kick-Off in KC for $500:
kansascity.craigslist.org link

they are getting closer! first one in cali, now one in kc... only 1000 miles to go and one will be in range...

#10700 9 years ago

Collection in PA. Of course the Abra is already sold.
harrisburg.craigslist.org link

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.98
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, SC
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/214 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.