20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

348 posts in this topic match your search for posts by em-pinman. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 11 years ago

I'll be in the market very soon for a new pin once one shows up local, but none of those would be it.

Ken

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

It would be hard for me to take a machine that is close to operating and in decent shape to vulturize <(if thats a word!) it for parts than to either keep it intact or flip it after a service/clean-up.

That's how I feel with an EM. Could not even do it with a cracked Playfield and trashed Backglass, as all the mechanical parts were there and it worked so when I sold my Williams King Pin it was to a guy who was going to get her going again and not part it out.

Ken

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I just picked up a 100$ Motordome on fri. NOt an EM but hell if i could pass that up

Way to go Jeff!

I'm the same way if I see a complete pin for $100.00.

Ken

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

A gottlieb centigrade 37 came up on omaha Craigslist at 11:45 on Friday. I didn't see it until 12:45. Called on it ready to buy and the guy said it sold within ten minutes and the buyer had already picked it up. Wanna know why????? $200!! That's why!

Sorry you missed out.

Can't do anything about that Pafasa as it is like winning the lottery on that one unless you plan to camp out on Craigs List 24/7 from now on.

Ken

#27 11 years ago

Local deal of the day for me...........oh boy!

Looks like the seller is trying to strike it rich in Boise from a sap.

boise.craigslist.org link

I wrote and told them I bought my Klondike for $450 in Boise 6 months ago so they should re-think their selling price...........no response from the seller to me of course.

Ken

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

Here's a great classic find for someone.

Here's another one local to me Stevefury and it's even more rare.

At least this guy is ready to barter.

Ken

#37 11 years ago

There's been about four EM's for sale in my area this month, but none of them are what I want.

Everything I do want is either 6-1/2 to 8 hours for a one way drive, no thanks.

I could have picked up a nice Bally Hi-Deal for $500.00, like the layout, but the artwork is just too cartoon/childish for me. I would rather have a Hang Glider even though it is a multiplayer.

Ken

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

was like watching paint dry.........

I like watching paint dry when it's 90 degrees out and I'm on my 3rd margarita.

Ken

#59 11 years ago

Still hunting for a pin on my wishlist local to me but nothing yet. Great thing is I am in no rush as I am in the middle of a Shopout and have another full one after that so I can wait a couple months if need be.

Ken

1 week later
#79 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

There is a stunning Atlantis on ebay.com. Lovely. Too far away for me.

Me too.

Ken

1 week later
#105 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This one looks interesting. Pretty rare too.

Someone should pick that one up so they can join the Chicago Coin Club with some of us on Pinside.

Opps! My Bad. Yes it is a Gottlieb, so the Chicago Coin Club will adjourn..... for now.

4 months later
#305 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

2 Pinball Machines! :Sunset, & Travel Time - $200 (Southampton )

Nice price for Travel Time seeing the condition looks really good.

Ken

#307 10 years ago

That's a real great deal for a 2001 at $250.00 stashboy. If it were local to me I would grab it in a heartbeat!

Definitely needs the full Shopout though.

Ken

#317 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Bon voyage - $600 (Caldwell )

Another subliminal message pinball.

That's just up the road 20 minutes from me. Can't buy it though. No money, no room, and were moving on top of that!

Ken

#333 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

This one is a nice player. Sure Shot pinball machine - $695

Looks like the Playfield has seen better days.

Ken

#353 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Backglass alone is worth it

Look Close....Backglass is shot so figure another $225.00 for a new one, lots of Playfield Touchup, and a complete Shopout. Been there done that.... and it's fun!

Ken

2 weeks later
#394 10 years ago

$200.00 for a Jive time in good overall shape is a good deal for someone local.

Quoted from Prmailers:

That would look good next to my Dyn-o-mite, but not worth the 10+ hour round trip!

For this Pin I have to agree with you.

Ken

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1968 Lady Luck pinball machine - $350 (College station)

Looks like one for Jeff Pin-it seeing he is in Austin.

Ken

#416 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Williams Miss O 1969 EM Pinball Machine - $550 (Evansville IN)

Looks nice, I bet the seller would take $450.00 cash and carry from a local buyer.

Don't know the person, just a hunch.

Ken

#422 10 years ago
Quoted from textrivers:

Yeah, I'll have a Beef Burrito Supreme combo meal, and can I get a Taco Conversion with that as well?"

OK, now I'm hungry, and want to play pinball at the same time

Ken

#424 10 years ago
Quoted from neutrino:

Here's a Fan-Tas-Tic near Detroit. The game looks kind of funky, but apparently it's pretty fun according to IPDB reviews.

I would think for as nice a shape it is in it for the price should sell pretty quick.

Ken

#432 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

but I'm still trying to figure out what's festering on the playfield glass, right above the lockdown bar.

It would be one of those deals for me that I would have to inspect the Pin in person to determine if a "Fungus is among us"

Ken

#434 10 years ago

I'm on my way!

You might need more then that o-din, I think it's grown..............

the_blob.jpgthe_blob.jpg blob-in-surgery.jpgblob-in-surgery.jpg

#442 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here we go again. So many pins, so little room.

Nah, that "Space Time" that's for sale on Ebay would be a much better player and worth paying the extra money for it.

Come o-din, you know you want that "Space Time"...................remember it's close to you too.........just need to make a little bit more room.........................

Ken

#445 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

artwork is not my cup of tea, but it's only 100 bucks...

Well that's a deal that won't last long!

Ken

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i kinda like this game...

I have a Space Odyssey 2 player and yes it is fun. If the Space Mission did not have planking it would be worth the $500.00 IMO.

Ken

#463 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hi guys! I'm going to look at this one after work. Any opinions?

Hey o-din.

Grab that Bally Delta Queen! That's one on my Wishlist. There was one in Idaho a ways from me I didn't get that was a good deal but I will find one in the future.

Never played it but it seems to have all the right stuff which is hard to find on a EM Bally IMO.

Ken

#468 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think it the artwork looks really cool. What about the price? How far should I haggle?

If it were in great shape all the way around and I was going to buy it I would offer $750.00 as long as it worked 100% as stated but that is because I want the game.

If indeed it has a faded Backglass and has other minor issues then for me maybe $500.00.

Just my 2 cents.

Ken

#512 10 years ago

A Gottlieb Gold Strike for $400.00? Ah Nuts!

#521 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

You have got to be kidding?
PINBALL MACHINE, 1976 Surf Champ, 1 of 3000 - $2800

Maybe it has a real 18k Gold Coin Door? That must it.

Ken

#557 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Gottlieb's Spin Out...

Ad says: Nice single play Indy Race spin out machine. Made by Gottlieb in the mid 70's, will need a little tweaking, not used much in the last 10 years.

Me: In other words, needs a complete Shopout.

Looks nice though.

Ken

#573 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1977 Sonic Prospector

OK. Now I am sad. I hope one of these comes around my area when I'm ready for it.

Ken

#576 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Talk about low price.

Not bad for the Tropic Fun at $225.00 especially from a pawn shop or antique store.

Bet it has a fried coil shorting blowing the fuse.

Ken

#579 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Another sprite.

I like Seven Up better Pin-it.

Seriously though, this Williams game looks fun, artwork is nice, and I would not mind owning one down the road.

Too bad they never made a Squirt Pinball Machine based off the soda. One of my favorites as a kid.

Ken

#582 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

you are really making me want to suck it up and go get that one in maryland...

i need another project like i need a hole in the head right now though...

Come on Chris, you know you want it. Besides, It will be pretty to look at while it's in your Que to be Shopped.

Ken

#587 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

and since i'm hoping to sell the 4 square soon,

That's funny, I sold my 4 Square a while back as well. Just did not have enough going on for me.

Now a Gottlieb Sure Shot is a different story! When I find that It's not going anywhere.

Ken

#588 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

the only problem with pinside is that it is full of enablers

No............your not serious are you? We would never do that to you Chris.........much.

Ken

#591 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

yea... y'know, it's funny, it's not that i don't like the game, but i like others better... it's a real solid example of "good em play", and it's the favorite of my bestie, but it's time to rotate it out... i'd rather sell something than store it...

That's exactly how I felt about the game too!

Good play, a classic, but I am limited with a small arcade and there are other pins out there that interest me more for Gameplay.

Ken

#600 10 years ago

Sure Shot and Bank Shot are awesome games - great shots all over the p/f!

I had a Bank Shot AAB and it was great fun, but had a minor mechanical problem I could not fix back before I really knew how to fix EM's and sold it. If I had the game today I could have fixed the problem in 10 minutes if that and would have kept the game until a Sure Shot came along.

Well, not a huge deal as I always intended to get the replay version Sure Shot as I know for me it has the superior Ruleset of the two. One day it will be mine.

Ken

#606 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

45° last night here ,pool is closing soon before the ice skates break out.

Glad I'm moving to the Southwest. I live for extended Summers!

Ken

#615 10 years ago

mmmm.... mexican food... if i hadn't have just polished off a dozen crabs,

Huhhuhuhhuh......He said CRABS...yea...yea.....huhuhhuhuhuhuh.

beavis-and-butthead1.jpgbeavis-and-butthead1.jpg

#651 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I have a Swing-Along I want to move, I bought it, fixed it, gave it a light shop job. Best playfield you have ever seen guaranteed. Backglass near perfect. Plastics perfect, clear and non-yellowed. First pin with spinners! Plays 100%. Redo the cabinet and it will be a museum piece. I'll let it go for $100 under what I have in it. $375. Located in Chapel Hill, NC

Sounds like a sweet deal for someone looking for this title! Looks great and Nice pricing John!

Ken

#658 10 years ago

Just saw Weird Science the other night on Hulu. Had not seen it is years. Great Flick!

Ken

#678 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Spirit of 76 - $100

Well, that one will be gone within 1 day. Heck, if it were by me I would buy it then I would have 2.

Ken

#781 10 years ago

Why not you? Go Get'em!

Ken

#785 10 years ago

A Bally Nip-It for $3500.00?

No wonder it looks like the 2 guys on the Backglass are in shock!

albuquerque.craigslist.org link

Ken

#894 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

someone go get the 4 mil BC!!!!

It's Gone.

Ken

1 month later
#1907 10 years ago

I agree. Interesting that the Futurama show was cancelled after such a short run but the Simpsons are still on.

Ken

#1909 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Welcome to the Jungle

They both look scary Pin-it. Must be Halloween pins.

Ken

#1912 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"300" for "400"-

Looks like a nice one too o-din.

Ken

#1951 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

That is an interesting repaint. Ties in nicely with the theme and thoughtfully implemented. It would almost be a shame to remove it...almost.

I would keep the repaint and lose the LEDs. The repaint almost looks like a pattern they would use back in the day and is very tasteful IMO. However if it ever needed another repaint then back to the original pattern it would go.

The best part about the custom stuff on that pin is that changing it back to origianl is no problem.

Ken

#1989 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

What's this restored El Dorado worth?

More than I have to spend right now.

Looks sweet John. Great restoration all around. Now if only all EM's had the parts available that this title has a great many more EM's could be restored and saved from the dumpster monster.....hummm......

Glad you got some good bucks for it.

Ken

#2007 10 years ago

Way to go o-din On Williams big Daddy.

There was a real nice one in Utah that I wanted at a nice price as well but i was broke at the time. Looks to be a very fun game and love the artwork as well.

Ken

#2016 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1961 trade winds pinball - $850 (Grand Rapids)

That one would be a nice title to have as well.

Ken

#2019 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Here is a nice oldie> Chicago Coin's PLAYBOY Pinball Machine - $500

Interesting but I personally don't care for the weird Suicide Flippers. I would much rather have a Slick Chick.

Ken

#2033 10 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

What do you guys think this game is worth?

Without better pictures $500.00 Tops seeing it needs a full Shopout as well.

Ken

#2047 10 years ago
Quoted from 1452spunky:

Please don't take offence, but this has happened to me before...I REALLY don't care what you got yours for, or what you saw it sell for, its my price and my list....I managed to sell both those in about a week, even after ppl like you bothered to waste their time to tell me how high I was....

Ken

#2049 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Laughed out loud in a crowd of people.

Hey Pafasa, glad you got a good laugh. I wonder if 1452spunky did? Oh well.

Ken

#2056 10 years ago

Back in the day cutting in front of another player who had his quarter up first on the machine glass could get your teeth knocked out. These teeth could have come in handy as a replacement for those unfortunate kids

Hopefully we all have grown up since then and control our tempers better.

Ken

#2059 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's what happens to balls if they spend too much time in the cold ocean.

If that's the case o-din then I'm not so worried about the cold ocean part, but just how the heck did my balls just get chromed in the ocean?

Ken

#2061 10 years ago

Never mind Brian Johnson. Bon Scott was and is still the best AC/DC singer/writer IMO. RIP Bon, we miss you.

Ken

#2069 10 years ago

In the Roanoke, VA area:

Nice find on that ad with all the EM's for sale singlebanana!

Lots of good titles too.

Ken

#2075 10 years ago

Would love to go there and see them all

Yep. If I were local I'm sure I would walk away with at least 2 Wedgeheads.

Ken

#2093 10 years ago

I'm not even sure what to say about this......

I know.........."Run Away!!"

Ken

#2114 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

hey, i hear you can find a good deal on an em in this thread.

Yea, welcome back Chris!

Ken

#2117 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now, what happened to EM pinman?

Hey odin, I'm here. I will be posting more now that I had my PC fixed a few days ago. Borrowing the wife's was a limited experience.

I have been busy looking for another pin and found one, yes you heard right. Not supposed to get another one until we move to our new home in the Southwest but I pleaded pinball insanity with the wife and won my case! Yahoo!

Ken

#2120 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Look what the cat dragged in

Hey pin-it. Between Chris and I it looks like a few cats...........I have 4.

Ken

#2126 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

orange cats are always the nicest cats

I have to agree for the most part.

Quoted from o-din:

I have been thinking about getting a couple of cats myself. They might chase the squirrels away. But with my luck, they would buddy up with them.

Not likely, our cats eat them.

Ken

#2127 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Four cats and two dogs. One of my cats is orange too.

pin-it has the extended cat family with the two dogs. Generally if they grow up together they become like family to each other.

Ken

#2130 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All I'm seeing is cats and bats.

Must be Halloween again!

Ken

#2143 10 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

Heres a real beauty!

hhahahahahahhahh!!

Guy must be off his meds.

Ken

#2165 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Well I'm out then.

I know what you mean Pafasa.

I am going to pass on this one so I can find one that needs a real restoration. This one is just too pretty.

Ken

#2180 10 years ago
Quoted from Cruzin1a:

Vintage 1976 Gottlieb Target Alpha Pinball Machine

I like it

It has one long crack in the Playfield along with a smaller crack next to it, most likely from dropping the Playfield onto the Cabinet when trying to open/close it. I no longer buy pins like this as to me the Playfield requires too much work to repair but would take it for free.

Ken

#2184 10 years ago

These kind of cracks are common - usually it is seam lines as playfields were made so that some games got the seams! Usually only surface - some are more noticeable than others.

Mine had a couple cracks that went top to bottom all the way through which meant it was split. Obviously the buyer needs to check out the Playfield to see if this is the case or it is just a topside only seam.

Ken

#2229 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

According to IDPB, there was less than 600 EM and almost 1700 SS of this game.

$195.00? Well, that game should be sold within minutes. You know you want it! Go get it Pafasa!

Ken

#2324 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Proud Class of Mid eighties

Class of '81 for me.

Quoted from Pin-it:

You know your old < i mean young when you had 8 tracks, 33 1/3, 45,and cassettes of your favorite music. Prepared for all types of playback

I never had an 8 Track, just cassettes and albums and yes, I was a hard rocker S.F. CA. WPOD myself. Two favorite groups: AC/DC (Bon Only) and Black Sabbath (Ozzy only).

Ken

#2336 10 years ago

So seeing we are cruising down memory lane how many of you guys had Pinball/Video machines in Grammer/High School?

I'll start. High School 1978-1979 (Freshman/Sophomore year) In the Cafeteria

1975 Bally Bow & Arrow
1976 Gottlieb Target Alpha
? Atari Stunt Cycle (stand up)

Junior/Senior all pins/vids were removed.

Ken

#2355 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

So seeing we are cruising down memory lane how many of you guys had Pinball/Video machines in Grammer/High School?

Looks like going to a private all boys catholic high school paid off for me in Pinball pleasure, but not female.

We even had a sandwich shop a couple blocks away with 3 pinball machines, I only remember the Bally Flip Flop but unfortunately that place closed down beginning of Senior year.

Ken

#2485 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Don't see any Sonic games come up around here.

Same with me. That's why I had to buy mine thru Epay.

Ken

#2515 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

lucky hand - $650 -

Jacks Open is next on my list next year.

Ken

#2536 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

someone beat me to it...

That just means there is a nicer King Of Diamonds waiting for you down the road Chris.

Ken

#2586 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

yea, i like the artwork a lot better on astro than on 4 square...

I liked my Backglass on 4 Square but the Playfield Artwork was weak and did not really tie in with the Backglass.

Ken

#2619 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

stardust - $500 - havertown (pa)

a bit worn, but looks like it might be a fun game...

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Man I sure would love to have that Stardust Backglass as mine is so shot bgresto.com cannot even do a scan of mine to make new ones.

I hope someone on this forum buys that machine and would be willing to get some high resolution scans and send them off to Bgresto.com so we can get these Backglasses made.

By the way it is a fun game as the Stepper on the Playfield is not random and you can actually control the Stepper by making the right shots. Closing that Left Gate is key to keeping your Ball alive a bit longer which stays closed for the duration of that Ball.

Nice and loud too as it has a 3" & 5" Bell.

Ken

#2644 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Happy Birthday ! Em-Pinman.

Quoted from AlexF:

Happy Birthday Ken!

Thanks Guys, You're the Best!

Just stayed at home today wife the wife as I am recovering from a flu but at least I got to have my cake and eat it too!

Ken

#2710 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Where's that &%$#@ Pin-It? He's a real $#%&@!!!

I hear you Bro! I wanted to tell him #$%^&*@*&^%$ as well! Whatever that means...........

Ken

#2742 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Not me^^ I make my own.
Funny how cheap it is for making dough 5 # sack of flour +10 yeast packs will make 20 -16"' pies. Plus you know whats in it!

Sounds good to me Pin-it! If I'm ever in PA I'll invite myself over for fresh pizza and pinball.

Ken

#2748 10 years ago

Can't drink beer anymore, so it will have to be Hard Cider.......Pear sounds good.........Yumm!!

Ken

wyders pear cider.jpgwyders pear cider.jpg
#2750 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Pinthouse pizza. Won a medal for their beer at GABF. Also they have a T3 and a Donkey Kong

Hey Jeff, As long as they have some Hard Cider too I'm In! Draft or bottle is fine.

Ken

#2752 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Ken, pm me your address. We have a cider brewery in Austin that makes some really nice cider. I'm happy to send you a coupk e

-Jeff

PM sent.

Thanks Jeff!

Ken

#2788 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

@alex and john... thanks guys... i can't go look at it til next week, but i'll drop the seller an email expressing interest..

The Williams Pitch & Bat does look nice Chris! Gopher It!!

Ken

#2856 10 years ago

Looks like it may be nice and the original owner since new? I think it would have been taken care of better if that was the case.

Ken

#2902 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

In the home of the late "Twin Galaxies" arcade.

I would like a Williams "Action" down the road if I had room but I need a couple more more Gottlieb Wedgeheads first.

Ken

#2921 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Prospector pinball laurel and hardy by sonic

Nice Price. I paid more for mine but no regrets.

Ken

#2923 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Bally Pinball Coffee Table - $750 (Loveland)

I mean....Really?????

Ken

#2932 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Not bad.
Williams Space Mission and Spanish Eyes, both work but need adjusting.$650 for the pair.

Someone should pick those up soon for that price.

Ken

#3000 10 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving indeed to all you EM fanatics!

Ken

#3019 10 years ago

At $300.00 there must have been a flood of phone calls the first minute the ad was posted.

Ken

#3021 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Ok I bought the yukon.$200 Nice shape not too broke. I think ill ask bgresto to do a glass. Nice part is the previous owners treated it nicely.
-Jeff

Way to go Jeff! Nice Price too!

Share some pics of it when you get a chance.

Ken

1 week later
#3253 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Another reason I'm glad I'm not on the road to Phoenix today. Just take a look! Shorts and sandals today.

Man we can't wait to get to the Southwest! Snow on the ground and cold here. May be the last Winter we get to see here though then it's sunny days more then not.

Ken

#3259 10 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Here's one in North Jersey.
newjersey.craigslist.org link

Your funny Vic. Yea, a real peach.

Ken

#3288 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

That Surf Champ would have been gone in 15 minutes or less here in Dallas.

and Southern Idaho.

Ken

#3317 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Old time hockey?

That's fine but I prefer Rollerball!

Ken

#3321 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

JOHN-A-THON! JOHN-A-THON! JOHN-A-THON!!!!!!!

Yea, after finishing up a season of Rollerball, I just want to relax and take a vacation...........usually to Westworld.

Of course Roman World or Medieval World can be entertaining too..........

Ken

#3327 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Machine is not running

Yea, but someone should start running.................to pick it up.

Ken

#3328 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1973 williams Gulfstream.

Great player, mines not going anywhere.

Ken

#3330 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Fire Queen - $550 (Richmond VA)

Fire Queen in the wings waiting for a new owner and a Shop Job, Best Offer A-OK.

1 week later
#3481 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

< scratches at the door to be let in >

happy holidays guys... anything real good showing up these days?

Hey guys! Look what the cat brought in! It's Chris!

Ken

1 week later
#3616 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Anyone know what the "casino" pin really is? I haven't seen that playfield before, looks like a Bally design.

That's a 1972 Chicago Coin "Casino" Garret as I own one myself and should have mine up and running by next week sometime. My Backglass is in great original 9.5 Condition with very minor flaking at the bottom but will be sealed and touched up this Spring.

Ken

#3618 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Appears to be a wild table design to play. Look forward to your pics of the game Ken.

Once it's done I'll get some pictures going next week. This was a full blown Shopout but I did not document the restoration as I just wanted to get it done. It's quite the looker now and can't wait to play it! Not sure if I played this one as a kid or not so I am not sure how it plays yet. New Flipper Coils should arrive Friday.

Ken

#3620 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's what I like about you Ken. You're willing to take a chance and think outside the cookie cutter box.

Thanks o-din!

Games I never played before I bought them: Klondike, Gulfstream, Bank Shot, Casino, Top Ten, Stardust, Williams King Pin, Sure Shot, 4 Square. Out of all these I am Keeping 4 out of 10.

Most of these I do a complete Shopout to hopefully have someone buy them if I am not pleased with the Playability and hopefully last another 30+ years as a players game. I always buy a game with the intention of keeping it but it doesn't work out that way quite a bit. Good thing I really enjoy working on these things!

You win some, then you lose some.

Ken

#3700 10 years ago
Quoted from Svendtube:

I am going to take a look at this Trade Winds friday that has been on CL for nearly a year
grandrapids.craigslist.org link I like early 60's Williams and this is one I have had interest in for some time,$850 seems a bit steep but this fairly rare and it seems to be well liked.He says it's in very good condition. Any comments?
Lee

Seems like a very challenging Table although I have not played it. I like the whole idea of sailing to all the different ports and the Artwork as well. If one was local I would be tempted to pick it up.

Ken

#3733 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Touched up the paint last night - inserts today.

That's exactly what I am doing today on my CC Casino Dave. Pretty excited as it is close to being fired up after a full Shopout. It's like a new toy, never played it but it sure looks fun! Pictures soon.

Ken

#3764 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Sing Along

stlouis.craigslist.org link

I'm 2nd in line to get this if the guy is a no-show it's mine.

I don't know Dave, for $300.00 and how nice that Sing-A-Long is I think it's pretty much a done deal with the 1st guy in line, hope you get it though.

Ken

#3769 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Ken,

I don't expect to get it but you would be surprised when it comes to no-shows. You and I would be there in a heartbeat but that doesn't mean everybody that responds to a CL ad acts as we do. The seller took my name so he could call me tomorrow and let me know - nice guy. Someone will get a pretty decent working Sing a Long for a good price..........

Still rooting for ya! Hope it happens as that is the one 2" Flipper game that would be one in my collection to stay.

Ken

#3775 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

On my way to pick it up
Pics to come....

Congrats Dave! The pinball gods are smiling on you today!

Ken

#3795 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I do have the correct lock-down bar after all pafasa - thanks for the offer

Hey Dave, If you need any parts related to Sing Along there is a guy on Ebay who just parted one out. This link will take you to his list of parts available.

ebay.com link: hittheforeigner

Ken

#3907 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Williams "4 Aces" $500 (douglassville) reading.craigslist.org link

If you want a Wide body EM it is a nice one for the price. Looks to be like a seller who knows how to take pictures and list a pinball properly too.

Ken

#3908 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Jacks Open $1200 (Land Park) sacramento.craigslist.org link

Just have to move that "Jacks Open" a little closer to Nampa, Idaho and someone might just buy it.

Ken

#3912 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Pretty clean looking Jumping Jack down in KS:
kansascity.craigslist.org link

Hard to tell from 2 photo's but anyone local should check it out who's looking for one as it could very well be nice for the price!

Ken

1 week later
#3992 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

OK opinion time.
What is this really worth and should it show up in my garage this weekend.
Ive made what i consider to be a reasonable offer and the seller seems willing.

austin.craigslist.org link

opinions??

--Jeff

Quoted from alb0711:

I'd wait a week or two and then offer the seller $300 or so - if he takes it great and if I didn't get it - it wasn't meant to be.

If you really want it Jeff make an offer right away for the $300-$350 range. The Playfield is hash and would require a complete airbrush paint job. Sounds like it has more problems then just missing screws as well. Cool game once it had a total restore though.

Just my 2 cents

Ken

#4003 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

LOL @1500 dollars for a Ding Dong.

Wow they really have gone up in price!

Ken

hostess-ding-dongs-box.jpghostess-ding-dongs-box.jpg
#4004 10 years ago

#4069 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now that the truck is fully functional again, should I?

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

Looks nice and the price is right.

Ken

#4101 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I'd love another Klondike but it doesn't look like this will be the one.

I would ask him for Playfield Pictures and if it looked good you should snag it. Bgresto.com will have Klondike Backglass soon complements of yours truly so don't let a Backglass slow you down.

Ken

#4145 10 years ago
Quoted from SchertzPinball:

sanantonio.craigslist.org link

If anyone wants this, I can pick it up and bring to TPF in March.

Jason

Good to see EM's in the wild in San Antonio Jason seeing I'm moving there this year.

Ken

#4164 10 years ago

I don't need any competition on buying games

Are you bringing your games with you?

YES, All the ones listed in my collection except for the 2nd Klondike and maybe CC Top Ten if restored before we leave.

What part of SA are you moving too? Jason

Not sure yet, any suggestions about a good area we should look into? We will probably fly down in a few months to check out property with a Real Estate agent so we are open to suggestions.

Ken

#4242 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Gulfstream-$325
inlandempire.craigslist.org link Oooooo..... and what is that sitting next to it.

My Delta Queen...............

Well, maybe not mine.......yet.

Oh yea o-din, and there is some sort of other pinball on the other side...I think it's says ummm..Fire....umm Queen?

Ken

#4331 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Very Im hoping on 2 things
1. The gentleman keeps his word and doesnt sell to the guy that im sure is calling with a double offer
2. ME can take pen off a playfield without to much effort

--Jeff

For $100.00 you certainly can't go wrong!

Go get it Jeff!

Ken

#4397 10 years ago

no photos on this one -
SPACE ODYSSEY EM PINBALL - $400 (South Austin)
austin.craigslist.org link
I have a 1976 Williams Space Odyssey EM that I've been holding onto. It needs work. I bought this machine with a few others a few months back; the other two booted up fine after the batteries were replaced and some pins were reset on the boards. I suspect this one has similar problems; honestly, I just don't really have time for a project machine right now. GI comes on when plugged in/turned on and the backglass/playfield are in pretty stellar condition. I will post pictures later/send upon request. Someone was originally lined up to purchase this, but the deal fell through.
Here is the IPDB link to the machine, in case you aren't familiar: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2254
The sooner you can pick it up and if you can pay in cash, the more flexible I can be on the price. Make me an offer.
Texting is best, but you can also email me.

The backglass is kind of crappy on this one.

CPR is out of stock on the Backglass, but bgresto.com has them.

Ken

#4405 10 years ago

He told me it was an easy repair.

It is Jason, you just need a hammer and a trash can.

Ken

#4423 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

King Pin

fortsmith.craigslist.org link

Wish I was closer............

Me too!

Ken

#4430 10 years ago

Wow, only 350 made. If only I were closer.........

Yea, me too!

Ken

#4453 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

1951 star shuffle alley - $600 - winchester (va)

if i only had the room... i would love one of these...

It would be cool to have a Ball Bowler. To me Shuffle Bowlers get boring quickly. I'll just have to see how big my arcade will be in the new house.

Ken

#4491 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I saw that one and it looks nice. Too bad i already have one....

--Jeff

I logged a lot of time on FLASH when it was brand new on route in 1979 in a cafe that only had this one pin. I remember one day I had a game I thought would never end and was kicking some serious butt.

The dynamic Background Sound as they call it was so high pitched towards the end of the game I was sweating bullets and thinking the machine was going to launch into outer space! You have to remember that there was nothing else like it at this time so this is why this machine became so popular.

It will be fun to play yours Jeff once I get down to Texas for old times sake.

Ken

#4556 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Someone say Schwinn?

This was mine. 1996 model with 1997 Fenders which I bought brand new. About $1000.00 into it. Sold it last year. Some Black Phantom parts on it as well. 7 speed Internal hub with grip shift and front disc brake.

Ken

schwinn Pic 1.jpgschwinn Pic 1.jpg schwinn Pic 3.jpgschwinn Pic 3.jpg schwinn Pic 8.jpgschwinn Pic 8.jpg

#4561 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Mine came from across the pond.
Same color scheme. Still rideable with Oem tires and tubes.
I gotta snap a photo of it when i pull the vehicle outta the garage (its stored above it).

My friend had the orange Raleigh Chopper 3 speed model as a kid. I used to love riding it all the time. I was going to get a 5 speed Schwinn Apple Crate but ended up with a 10 Speed Schwinn instead by default.

Ken

#4563 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

ended up with a 10 Speed Schwinn instead by default.

Who's fault?

Long story short. Went to the bike shop to get an Apple Crate but they did not have them in stock. Salesman was pushing to sell an in stock item and my moms boyfriend was the one that was to purchase the bike. Mom told me that I better get something now or it may not happen at all. Of coarse being an 8 year old kid(1970) I was not savvy with the whole pay for it now, and pick up the Apple Crate at a later date and was being pressured by both a salesman and my mom. Not saying I did not have a lot of fun times with my Schwinn Varsity Sunset Orange 10 Speed, but it was no Apple Crate.

Ken

#4568 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

"all bikes never ridden"... that's interesting... little did i know that people were saving up nib crates...

Those are the remakes. Notice no Stick shifts as they are single speed. Really killed the whole appeal of owning one of these remakes because Schwinn was afraid of being sued because of past cases where kids cracked their nuts on them. No wonder they went out of business, listening to the cries of idiots.

Ken

#4606 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I found your Apple Krate EM-PINMAN $122.50 with no reserve.

ebay.com link » 1969 Schwinn Apple Krate

Looks more like a rotten Apple.

If Schwinn had made an adult sized reproduction of the Krates with a 5 Speed Shifter I bet they would have had a ton of sales and may have stayed in business as I know I would have bought one, or two different ones.

Ken

#4675 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

thanks guys... hopefully it will work out... was going to be down the shore tomorrow anyway, so the karma is good...

Fingers crossed, hope it comes home with you Chris.

Ken

2 weeks later
#4980 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Sad to say but many of these machines might be worth more for just the backglass then the entire game due to need and shipping costs.

Whats really sad is folks continue to part out games just because the Backglass is valuable, lack of a Backglass, or someone parting out a good looking/working machine for no other reason except to make more money parting it out than selling it whole. I personally get very tired and angry reading posts/ads such as those.

Bottom line is there is no reason to part out a machine anymore just because of a Backglass when a new one can be made by bgresto.com. All that has to be done is to get a High Resolution Scan which can be done by yourself or send them the Backglass and have them do it. If you don't have the Backglass because it is missing or broken is no longer an excuse either because there are plenty of folks who own titles that you need and you can simply pay the cost for them to get a Scan for you and at the same time make a friend and save more machines from the parts bins.

Use this thread to help coordinate these efforts with another Pinsider.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-backglass-reproduction-ongoing-status

Ken

#5075 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So it's been two weeks since we have heard from Pin-it. That's just not like him.
Maybe he moved to Hawaii.

Paging Mr Pin-it, Paging Mr. Pin-it!

Ken

#5093 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

How about a ball bowler for $750?

If that's not an April Fools joke then that is a heck of a deal!

Ken

#5154 10 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I apparently just missed out on this '56 Gottlieb Harbor Lites woodrail here in Seattle yesterday:

Sorry you missed out on it Tim. I like the Artwork all the way around on it.

Is that a 7" Bell in the Head?

Ken

#5171 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

1964 Reserve Pinball - project/parts - $100 (ne san antonio)

sanantonio.craigslist.org link

1964 Reserve Pinball machine - Can be a project or parts machine
asking $100 or OBO

Well that listing should disappear by the end of the day. Great Deal!

Looks like something Jeff or Jason would grab up pretty quick.

Ken

#5284 10 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

Why don't these fall out of the sky around here?

Everyone wants top dollar.

And you picked up 3 this week?

Plus you have Franklin Barbecue.

You're one lucky Texan.

Everything is bigger in Texas....and more of it!

Ken

#5287 10 years ago

San Antonio baby and looking forward to it!

Ken

1 week later
#5415 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

1957 D. Gottlieb Continental Cafe pinball machine very nice condition - $300 (sycamore, ks)

Looks like a Big Juicy Melons pinball machine to me.

Ken

#5434 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

fattrain posted this vid of his walkthrough at the Pinball ranch in Ca. I thought you guys might appreciate it.

Quite the collection.

I do wish when folks do these videos they slow down a bit and try to remember that the camera moves faster then our eyes so most of it becomes a blur if they do not take their time.

Ken

#5473 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So has anybody heard the whereabouts of our good friend pin-it lately?

and his brother Intro-pinball!

They just disappeared!

Damn alien abductions!

Ken

#5499 10 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

Instant EM collection in VA, MD, DC area

$1600.00 for a Wizard, 300, and Hotshot is a good deal if they are in overall good shape.

Ken

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#5507 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

1976 Gotlieb Surf Champ in poor to fair condition. Does not work.

That one would clean up nicely and is a good deal for $250.00 IMO.

Ken

#5510 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

only a buck and quarter... someone get this so i still have room to live in my house...

Lots of fun cleaning that one up Chris! Not that I'm an enabler or anything but what a sweet deal! Could look really nice after your done with it.

Ken

#5512 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

yea, that one sure is a mess... but the price is right...

wonder if i could fob off 1 of my projects on bert?

Hey even comes with the back metal panel! how can you lose?

Ken

#5518 9 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

Is this glass available somewhere ?

Yes, bgresto.com.

Ken

#5520 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Ken probably didn't know Shay had Jumping Jack available.

He is actually looking for the "Special" one that only bgresto.com has. See page 110 for the picture.

Ken

#5521 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

BGResto does just that - they restore someone else's Jumping Jack backglass and send it to you and you send yours in as a "core"

Actually they just produce a new Backglass and the core is just so they can justify what they do as a "replacement" glass. They just destroy the cores when they get them as they are generally trashed.

Ken

#5523 9 years ago

beavis-and-butthead1.jpgbeavis-and-butthead1.jpg

Hehehehheh.......he said nudity........heheheheheh!

2 weeks later
#5600 9 years ago
Quoted from Trendkilla254:

I missed a K.I.S.S. EM pinball

Don't feel too bad, No such thing. They were all SS.

Ken

#5611 9 years ago
Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

Yeah, I was ready to jump on it, too! I'm already having to drive over to Houston tomorrow for work. So much for making that trip more fun that it was supposed to be.

You EM pinball junkies are all the same, just can't wait until your next fix.

Ken

#5651 9 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

OMG Hold me back

portland.craigslist.org link

Hopefully they meant to say $250.00.

Ken

#5674 9 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Still alive... I just needed a break... Especially from all the pin purchase temptations of this thread...

I'm not sure what my brother's deal is... He probably has his head buried in a project pin..

Welcome Back!!

Tell Pin-it it's time to come back to his Pinside family, we miss him too.

Ken

#5706 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am the second responder on this one. What are the chances the first guy doesn't buy it?
sandiego.craigslist.org link

Slim to none, but good luck anyway.

Ken

2 weeks later
#5854 9 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

vintage early 70s PINBALL MACHINE - Triple Action by Williams - $550 (northeast austin)

Debating on driving over and taking a peek. Anyone have thoughts on this one?

--Jeff

Heard lots of good reviews on that title and being a Williams with Drop targets and a Big Spinner how can you go wrong? Looks like a real fun player too me!

Ken

#5860 9 years ago

I'll just go toot my own horn now.

Ken

1 week later
#5940 9 years ago

these games.

This one is right near me, but a little more than I'm willing to pay ...

seattle.craigslist.org link

- Tim

$3650.00 for a Bingo game is outrageous. Hopefully it was a listing error and they really meant $365.00.

Ken

#5990 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

as a buyer i would like to see prices drop but as a seller we want prices to go up
I am more of a buyer than a seller so let the bubble burst!

Sounds good to me.

Ken

1 week later
#6139 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Yep still kicking,been away for awhile but all is good.
Just a routine change was all,plus spring was keeping me a bit busy.

Pin-it is back! Yahoo!

Welcome back buddy!

Ken

1 week later
#6340 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1972 Williams Stardust $500.00

Nice looking Backglass but thaat Playfield sure looks rough.

Ken

#6399 9 years ago

and there goes my wishlist Williams Lucky Strike.

Ken

#6437 9 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

There's a rare Spanish "Torpedo!!" pin going in Denver this morning for $1200 that looks quite nice.
An EM with chimes and an electronic sound board. That's different. Needs some fixing but has a schematic at least.

It's gone. Anyone here get it?

Ken

#6443 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Doodle Bug was the inspiration for a recent modification I made on my Klondike. It was getting too easy to win free balls and keep the ball in play. So at the suggestion of a friend, I removed the two posts between the slingshots and the flipppers-ala Doodle Bug, and set it on three ball play. It is now a whole new game.

Funny o-din how your Klondike is way easier than mine. The Klondike I sold was much easier to play than the one I kept. I know now that what they is true " Every machine will play differently even if it is set up the same". If I took out my posts by the Flippers then a ball might last 30 seconds. As my game stands now it is tough and I am really trying to understand how play it better, and use better Flipper control. The Outlanes are brutal as it is, no way am I removing my Flipper posts!

The Slings are super fast along with the Flippers on mine, so the lower half plays likes it's DC power, super fast. The upper half slows things down even though all the Pop Bumpers are fully rebuilt and their speed is more of the 1960's machines, it's like 2 separate machines between the upper and lower half, but very fun all and all.

Ken

#6447 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

^^^^^^To list a few:
Gottlieb Skyline
Cross town
Bowling Queen
Buck Rogers
Swing Along
Royal Guard
Kicker
Maryland (woodrail)
Cinderella (woodrail)
Eight Ball
Memory Lane

None of them on my Wishlist. Looks like they are in Vic Camps neck of the woods.

Ken

#6457 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Where the heck is Al toona? Didn't he play for the Jets?

Quoted from Pin-it:

I was thinking Altoona PA .

I was thinking Charlie the Tuna

"Name that Tu-na"

Ken

charlietune.jpgcharlietune.jpg

#6489 9 years ago

Antique Pinball machine - $2500 (Canby)

portland.craigslist.org link

He must be smoking something from Washington state

Maybe he accidentally hit another 0.

Ken

#6548 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

'75 Wms Triple Strike near me:

nwga.craigslist.org link

Looks like that one is in decent condition for the price. Paid $470.00 for mine off eBay a couple of days ago and really looking forward to playing it sometime in the next month or so.

Ken

#6641 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

High Hand with some playfield wear.

I would pay $100.00 for it and only if I know Wade was going to reproduce the Playfield soon as it needs a new one.

Ken

#6666 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

and here:

That Big Brave is just up the road from me but for $2000.00 I won't loose any sleep not buying it.

Ken

#6670 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Now were talking.
Heat Wave 1964 WORKS Priced to sell! - $450 (Joelton/Nashville)

nashville.craigslist.org link

Now why couldn't that one be right up the road from me at that price

Ken

#6676 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Broken backglass, and other ills on that one.

It was too good to be true...

I don't care, I want it! I Need it! ahahahaahahah! (mad man laugh)

Ken

#6678 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Crazy glue it together and thin plexi on the outer to prevent a calamity.

Yes! Yes! It's all so clear now................ahahahahahaha!

#6744 9 years ago
Quoted from cjmiller:

Soccer, Heat Wave, Moulin Rouge, and River Boat. $500 each if you buy all 4.

Always a million miles away...................

Ken

#6778 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lets go with Sabbath.

As a teenager, old Black Sabbath with Ozzy and AC/DC with Bon Scott were my 2 favorite groups. I had all of their albums including some rare imports. Those oldies still rock!

Ken

#6807 9 years ago

San Francisco in Los Angeles

Must have had another big earthquake since I left.

Ken

#6816 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Gottlieb Aquarius sitting next to it too.

Good call Dirt.

Ken

1 week later
#6947 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You take the Moulin Rouge, and I'll take the HW and River Boat.

Now, now, Time to share o-din, you take River Boat and I will take Heat Wave.

Ken

#6958 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Set
1. Gridiron Gold by Williams
2. Big Indian by Gottlieb for parts, case damaged but complete
3. Cleopatra by Gottlieb for parts, missing score board (Top part)
4. Hang Glider by Bally complete
5. Sinbad by Gottlieb complete -5 from what I read this is a rare in Electromech
6. Aztec by Williams - complete
7. Old chicago by Bally - complete
8. Stampede by Stern missing top score board
9. Spirit of 76 by Gottlieb - complete

For all of them? Now there's a real deal!

Ken

#6960 9 years ago

You forget this:

"Buy all the Pinball machines and you can have 5 arcade machines free.
They are...
1. Steeple Chase by Atari
2. Space Invaders by Midway
3. Head-on by Gremlin
4. Breakout by Atari
5. Depthcharge by Gremlin"

Why do I live so far away!

Ken

#7033 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Hey EM-PINMAN looking for another one?

1975 Chicago Coin Top Ten refurbished - $750 (sacramento)

Nope. Might even have to cut back another from the current herd depending on space in our new home.

Ken

#7053 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1964 Williams Heat Wave - $375 (Colorado Springs)

Ken

1 week later
#7169 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Gottlieb 1969 Wild Wild West - $2800 (Davis) CA Pinflation!

#7176 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

This game restored and working can sell for thousands of dollars.

1950's Chicago Coins Six Game Bowler. $800 (Elk Grove)
sacramento.craigslist.org link

#7180 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Heatwave is still there!

Should be here.........at my house.

Ken

#7183 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Top Card by Gottlieb $1475 OBO Uhhh huh huh huh

O-boy! It's in Texas!

Hotdog!

Ken

#7218 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

People love it or hate it

OK, I hate the art, but the layout looks OK. Pretty sure I never played this one back in the day as I know I would have remembered it because of the art. I would not mind playing one someday but know I will never want to own one.

Ken

#7224 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

C'mon, it will look great in the sewing room!

Yuck!

Quoted from Pin-it:

You might want one if you played it.
I was the same way with the backglass at first but it fades quickly.

If I owned a Spanish Eyes it would be by accident, then I would be the one that fades away, never to return.

It's no secret I'm a Williams fan boy, but not a whipping boy! I draw the line with Spanish Eyes!

Ken

#7234 9 years ago

Blew my mind when I discovered that he did Skylab.

He did Space Mission/Odyssey as well. Christian Marche was a very talented artist and one of my favorites because of his diversity in his artwork.

Ken

#7244 9 years ago

Johnny Cash predicted the zombie Apocalypse was coming in 2004.

He knew "When the Man Comes Around" that would be it.

Great movie and song.

Ken

#7255 9 years ago

Nice catch with the Slick Chick o-din!

Ken

#7259 9 years ago
Quoted from Steve_PBH:

A Doozie and Casino. Any good?

Not sure about Doozie, but CC Casino is a fun game but there seems to be a lot of wear on that Playfield plus at least 2 of the Pop Bumper caps are wrong along with the Backglass. I'm sure it has other hidden issues as well, however a new Backglass is available at bgresto.com. Maybe offer $300.00.

Ken

2 weeks later
#7422 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"everything but the flappers are not working for some reason."

Quoted from jodini:

Yes...those dang "flappers"!

I love working "Flappers"

Ken

Flapperdancing.jpegFlapperdancing.jpeg

#7443 9 years ago

We miss you Chris! As others have said "Get Well Soon" and get back here when you can. We'll keep the light on for you.

Ken

1 month later
#7731 9 years ago
Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

Project) 1975 Williams Toldeo - $200 in Liberty, Texas

houston.craigslist.org link

Ken

batman -Robin.jpgbatman -Robin.jpg
#7774 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

2 Antique pinball machine both for $250 - $250 (N Texas)

They have to be gone in the next week or so due to renters moving in. $250 firm or they get thrown out.

dallas.craigslist.org link

They should be gone by Sunday.

I am out of room so I will pass, but someone local will snatch them I am sure.

Texas Ken

#7800 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't checked yet but do you guys think PBresource can provide me a schematic and rule card for this Williams?

It seems to me Steve has just as many schematics and manuals for Williams machines as he does Gottlieb, so I'm pretty sure he will have at least the Schematic.

Ken

#7802 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll just have to make up my own rules.

Don't you always anyway

Ken

#7894 9 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Just picked up a nice Midway "Haunted House" Rifle game.

Please Post some pics when you get a chance.

Ken

#7895 9 years ago

CC Twin Rifle and Gottlieb Pioneer are both great games IMO. Congrats!

Ken

#7943 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

'64 Wms River Boat for $500:

waterloo.craigslist.org link

Waterloo...humm..sounds familiar

Ken

1 month later
#8148 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

rumour has it that you can find some help on them thar old fashioned pinball machines around here...

Howdy again partner!

Ken

1 week later
#8247 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Gtb Far Out for $250 in MA:

boston.craigslist.org link

Quoted from MikeO:

That's a steal for that Far Out in that condition especially.

It's just too "Far Out" for me to grab it.

Ken

#8305 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Back panel looks like its from a floor style television.

Maybe it has a TV tuner in it too.

Ken

#8306 9 years ago

Post edited by EM-PINMAN: double post - deleated

#8311 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Yay it came! *F#^$% Yeah!*

WOW! It's a box! I'm excited too! Let me guess, there are more boxes inside the box! Yippee!

Ken

#8356 9 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

Project GIN for $150

cleveland.craigslist.org link

I think this one this one is much better, and cheaper.

Ken

gin.jpggin.jpg
#8394 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I don't often drink gin, but when I do, I prefer Bombay Sapphire.

That's a very good GIN as well, also much better than the Chicago Coin brand.

Ken

#8398 9 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

Sorta dont want to post this one because i want it for myself

Jungle Queen for $800

akroncanton.craigslist.org link

Don't worry, your safe, I won't buy it.

Ken

#8511 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

driving game...

speedway - $300 - swansea (ma)

if this was closer, it would be mine...

Quoted from ccotenj:

motorcycle game from same guy... $300 for this too...

Both cool games I remember well playing them as a kid. Might get a little repetitious quickly for the owner seeing it is basically a scrolled landscape that repeats itself, but would still be fun for the occasional players at parties or first timers.

Ken

2 weeks later
#8722 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

anyone want the aztec?

Good game but no more Multiplayers for me..............for now.

Ken

#8755 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then I switched to whisky..... and beer.

An idea of what I was like on whiskey and beer. No more for me, I'll stick to gin!

Ken

big indian.jpgbig indian.jpg
#8810 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The pinball machine is in fantastic,working & completely original condition.Its mid 50's Chicago Coin co. The basketball of the machine is "Record"

losangeles.craigslist.org link

They say it is in "Excellent" condition.

Ken

#8861 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Um...

delaware.craigslist.org link

Quoted from NextoPin:

I swear I don't understand people. Why would you even waste the time.

Doesn't look "Chrome Plated" to me so I guess I will pass...........

Ken

#8865 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

you should get rid of that Heat Wave.

Yes, agreed, it is a terrible game...... and you should get rid of it as fast as possible.... and sell it to me.

Ken

#8944 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

"Vintage pinball machine from 1955. Working when last played.

Yea, 1955.

Ken

#8966 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Pioneer for $575 in South Jersey:
southjersey.craigslist.org link

(I really like Pioneer!)

That and SO76!

I like the statement: "We actually had it serviced last night by a licensed pinball repairman."

Licensed? EM repair? He must have got it off a cereal box top and sent off for it.

Ken

#8974 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

What, you don't have one of these ken???

Hahahaha! LMAO

Sorry Chris I missed that one! I guess I should have checked the back of my comic book section next to the 100 Stamps for 1 cent and the Charles Atlas Ad to send away for one.

Ken

#9003 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Unlimited use of my telephone during any rain storm.

I'm pretty sure your door screen works better..................I would take the screen.

Ken

#9020 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Rare Goblitt Pinball...little known variation

madison.craigslist.org link

Your telling me.........

Ken

#9025 9 years ago

I promise to hold off jumping on this to give you non-local guys a chance at it:
a Gridiron w/ repainted all-white cabinet for only $3,500!

Wow, Thanks Tim.......your a pal!

Ken

1 week later
#9179 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I am thinking of offering $150-200...which I don't think is that far off base. Figure $250 for a bg.

If it were local to me I would offer $250.00 for the game. Super nice Playfield!

Ken

#9208 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i'm already in a "wonderful" mood, sitting in my office looking out the window and watching it snow... so go ahead and torture me while you can...

Snow? What's that? 66 degrees and sunny today.

Ken

#9302 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And you never know, the way things have been going around here lately.

a little bit too much to drink maybe???

Ken

#9332 9 years ago

Funny how Atlantis would seem to be pinside number 1 seventies game at the moment and how perceptions change. I really like it as well.

Here is top 20 from 7 years ago - pinball compendium - em book.

Atlantis nowhere to be seen!

I just made a note not to ever bother buying that book.

I especicailly love #14: King Pin. Yea, so which one, Williams or Gottlieb?

Ken

#9354 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

quick draw - $2850 - westminster (md)

big number, but i guess if someone wants one bad enough....

fully restored from ground up... if you ignore the cracked plastic... cracked plastic aside, looks like a very nice machine... wonder what the inside looks like?

baltimore.craigslist.org link

for that price he should have installed a new Playfield......and Plastics.

Ken

1 week later
#9738 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have broadened my ss horizons lately and can't wait until Gorgar arrives.

Gorgar Speaks!

Ken

#9748 9 years ago

Blasphemy Chris! Repent and go play your EM's right now

Ken

#9779 9 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

GTB Jack in the Box for $400 in San Francisco:

Quoted from leckmeck:

"just needs fuses."

As Usual.

#9804 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hmmm... that's 20 minutes from me

What are you doing here? Go Get It Man!

Ken

#9849 9 years ago

Ha! There's that word again!

Definitely time to contact Wikipedia and have them add that word to the English language.

Ken

#9888 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Flying Carpet in my backyard for $450.00 and looks to be in nice shape:

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

The ratings on this pin seem fairly low though. Opinions?

What low rating?

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=flying+carpet&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#899

Great price/great game. What are you waiting for? Go get it Man!

I have one coming to me in the near future.

Ken

On my  way!.gifOn my way!.gif
1 week later
#10102 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

edit: for the socal gang... that stuff on the ground is called "snow"....

Yep, even us Texas folks have some of that stuff on the ground as well.

Ken

#10103 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i'd have to knock down the wall between the game room and the kitchen to fit one in this house... doable, it's not load bearing...

Oh the wife is just going to LOVE YOU Chris.......................

Ken

#10161 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

a fine condition Atlantis

Getting there.........................................

Shopout/Restoration in progress........

Ken

Temp 001.JPGTemp 001.JPG

Temp 003.JPGTemp 003.JPG

#10183 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Aquarius for $350 in Boston:

I would rather they provide the parts to "Go" it rather than "Stop" it.

Ken

#10213 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And what have they done here? $850 (Surprise)
phoenix.craigslist.org link

1973 Williams Gulfstream, so it will be a fun game. It would be interesting to play that one. Good price too.

Ken

#10228 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

orangecounty.craigslist.org link Holy smokes!!

Seems like a lot of these have been for sale lately, some at way above normal prices IMO.

Ken

#10331 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

This is coming home to me to tomorrow

Atlantis. The best of the Gottlieb 70's Wedgeheads IMO!

Congrats!

Working on mine as I post..................

Ken

#10357 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

There are not many Gottlieb rollover games from this era.

No there isn't, but a 1976 Gottlieb Sure Shot is a great 70's Rollover/Standup Target game bellbrand should look into IMO. A nice one will be a lot cheaper than a Hit The Deck.

Ken

#10371 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Maybe pinhead52 will chime in on why he likes his Hit The Deck.

I believe he has Neptune.

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 24.98
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
348 posts in this topic match your search for posts by em-pinman. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=em-pinman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.