20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

723 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jrpinball. You are on page 1 of 3.
#3694 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Free 1968 Williams cabaret pinball machine. Working condition. Good back glass. Some flaking paint on play field and cabinet reprinted. Free, in garage for easy loading.

Wow, cabinet reprinted! They got them one of those newfangled 3D printers and printed a cabinet! Cool!
Gotta get me one of them thangs!

1 week later
#3862 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Hey Dave, If you need any parts related to Sing Along there is a guy on Ebay who just parted one out. This link will take you to his list of parts available.

That guy is pretty shaky at best. He has parted out some perfectly good games because he feels he can make more money that way. I was really interested in his Bally "Hay-Ride" but didn't want to pay for shipping it. Now he tore it apart and is selling it in pieces. Same with the Williams "Jolly Roger". Both were complete operating games in nice condition. I don't know about the "Sing Along" because there's no BG or PF in his listings.

#3865 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Hey jrpinball Top card pinball project machine - $150< (NH)

Quoted from Pin-it:

Gottlieb Skyline $250 Needs work.

I'll pass on the "Top Card". I'd grab that "Sky-Line" for $150 though. I wonder if it's the same guy in NH with all those games. I know who owned the "Gold Strike" before this guy in NH, and he said it was really bad. He picked it up in East Orange, NJ of all places.

#3866 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nice!

Wonder if it is a good player?

I got a chance to play a "Mermaid" many years ago at the Wayne, NJ show. Shay brought it. It was pretty much in "as found" condition and played sluggishly. It's probably a good player properly shopped and restored.

#3867 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Never saw the Sing Along BG listed but he Listed the Playfield and it went really fast with a $175 Buy it now.

He probably burns the cabinets to stay warm!
What kind of shape was the PF in? I know someone who could have used it if it was decent (alas!).

#3873 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Thats a rough town,along with Newark. Best be outta there at dusk!

The guy is from rural Connecticut. I warned him about East Orange, but he went and got the game. He already has a sample "GS" (#4). He was disappointed with the condition of the one from East Orange and somehow passed it on to the guy in NH. Around and around it goes!

#3877 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

The complete game was listed in Alabama for 750 dollars.

Where was it listed?

#3879 10 years ago

Man, what a shame. That game could easily have been saved. Seriously, I wonder what he does with the cabinets? My brother could use that "Sing Along" box. Too bad it's in Alabama if it hasn't been busted up and used as firewood anyway.

#3889 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1965 Big Chief sell for $450 (frisco )

Man, if that were up here I'd grab that game in a heartbeat!

#3890 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Top Card in Pafasa's neck of the woods:

omaha.craigslist.org link

Yeah, but anytime they use the word "antique", it means "leave your wallet"!

#3896 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Pop a Card $500 (NH) Some planking and usual wear.

Whoa, sample game too. 12th "PAC" made. Road trip anyone?

#3897 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Williams Ten Spot (project) $200 (Slayden, Ms)

You're killing me! Another one I'd grab in a second if it were nearby. You don't see some of these Williams games every day.

#3901 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

^^ This one will put you over the edge >. 1956 D. Gottlieb "Gladiator" $850 (Tell City,IN)

What a colorful cabinet on that game. I think I played one of these at the York show a few years ago, and it was a dog.

1 week later
#3975 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

A acquired taste to be sure, but a good price for looks to be decent shape!
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link spanish eyes pinball

Nabbed it this morning. It's really quite clean and has been in a home environment for a long time. Backglass has some issues along the top edge, but the guy really wanted it out so I got an even better deal on it! It played so hot that I thought it may have been high-tapped, but it wasn't! He actually dropped a quarter in it to start the game!
He handed me a bag of coils and stuff as well. What's not to like? (oops, shouldn't have asked)

#3983 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Williams had fast tables back into the early 1970's.

Yeah, I've had a few; namely a couple of "Dealer's Choice" and a "Lucky Ace". This "Spanish Eyes" was just a little surprising because it's not like an actual pinhead owned it and maintained it. Usually, homeowner games in "as found" condition play rather sluggishly. He dropped a quarter in this thing to demonstrate it and it really popped! One of the score reels will need some work, but overall this game was surprisingly clean. I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't this nice, and I had my max offer in mind as well. The guy really seemed to want it out, so I knew I had a good chance to negotiate a super deal. It worked out well and I'm happy with it. A little sprucing up, and it will likely be at the Allentown show.

#3997 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

For sale or for playing.

Gotta think about it. I usually don't bring games that I'm not intending to sell, so it might be for sale.

1 week later
#4236 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Williams skill pool (Silverton)

Damn! Too far away!

#4267 10 years ago

Seems like "Top Card", "Cross Town" and "Sing Along" are popping up everywhere lately!

#4379 10 years ago

Williams "Smart Set". A game you don't see very often and maybe that's a good thing! Another hideous backglass! I don't think I've ever actually seen that game let alone played it. Nice paintjob on the cabinet though.

#4384 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

1966 Wild Wheels Pinball Machine $2,500. Very Good condition, works well.
Contact me for more information.

Cash or major credit card only.

With the "rare" brown cabinet!!!

#4385 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Make a whole one...

That's too funny! Would make a nice complete game if you could get both parts.

#4415 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

So far, this thread has led me to 10 pinball machine purchases (2 deals) a Sunshine from Chicago and spin and flip a card deal in Maryland that blew up into a 9 pin transaction. Anyone else have a tally?

Grabbed a very decent Williams "Spanish Eyes" thanks to this thread.

#4416 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

more ads by this user
THIS CARD TRIX PINBALL MACHINE IS IN GREAT WORKING CONDITION

ONLY $595.00 OBO!

Yikes! Read carefully; Great WORKING Condition. That PF is hammered. Oddly, I have one that's just as bad with wear in the same area. I bought it for parts, but then found a much better PF for it.

#4442 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

There was an Extra Inning in my town that sat for months and months. No one wanted it for $500. I didn't think anyone would buy it even if I restored it. Game play is suppose to be pretty bad and it doesn't award a replay or extra ball.

And, unlike it's cousins "Play Ball" and "Home Run", it has NO pop bumpers! It's called a "novelty" version of those other two games, but I believe there is a way to win one extra ball. I really love the card tray on that game; it's unlike any other on a Gottlieb game.

#4443 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Yeah, my World Series is only 700 somethin production, but without super strong flippers, pitch, and snappy strong pops, the game is a bit of a turd....

Really? I've always liked "World Series" and thought it was one of the better baseball themed pinballs. With the three kickout holes and a roto target, it's got a few things to do on it. "Batter Up" is pretty decent too if you like the vari-targets.

#4505 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

For the era of game, that cab looks decent to me. But I like original, so tend to give it more latitude I suppose.

I couldn't agree more. That's not a bad original cabinet considering it's age. I'd leave it alone, or do some minor touch-up. Obviously, get the game first. In today's market, $450 is a fair price for that game. We need to save more original cabinets and not just immediately repaint if the original paint is reasonably intact. They're only original once.

#4695 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

yea... the price is what it should be on it... someone will take it, they got a lot of calls for it...

Chris, just wondering if you noticed if the coin entry plate had "made for export by Mondial" stamped into it.
Usually the games with the lexan backglasses were export games and had this designation stamped into the coin entry plate. Mondial was based in NJ. Springfield area I think. My brother had a "Cross Town" with a plastic backglass, and still has a "Bank A Ball" which also has a plastic backglass. Both games have the "Mondial" designation. He got both games on Long Island, NY. A little odd because both are replay games and Long Island is part of the add a ball state of NY.

#4715 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Good looking Wms Skill Pool reverse wedgehead in KC:
kansascity.craigslist.org link

Great looking backglass on that game compared to most others. I could sure use one.

#4754 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If the Travel Channel is no longer up to the task, then we have to be. Plus amusement games and rides belong together like milk and cookies. Just hang on to your cookies if you can! This ride stole my Ray Bans! Right at :54 » YouTube video

Before we go any farther, let's start a new thread; OT: "What is your favorite roller coaster?". Thanks!

#4761 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Wms Eager Beaver for $200 down in East TX:
" target="_blank">easttexas.craigslist.org link
Would probably go good next to a Slick Chick.

Tough game to find in any condition.

#4762 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Gtb Neptune for $1400 in NH (think this is a Pinsider's):
nh.craigslist.org link

Yup, I saw it. It's pretty dang nice!

#4763 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Mystery vintage Gottlieb at an estate sale in Denver on Fri:
denver.craigslist.org link

What's the mystery?

#4764 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Gtb Pioneer for $250:
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

That one's gone.

#4793 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good idea! Why don't YOU do that? Then you can make some new friends, and talk about whatever YOU like. And you won't have to bother reading any more about what MY friends and I like. Thanks!

I wouldn't do that because I don't really like roller coasters and btw it's too damn cold for ice cream!

#4803 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Yuengling.JPG 11 KB

And the founder of the brewery/company is David Gottlieb Yuengling!!! Yes, really!

#4818 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Cl description >>The previous owners had the cabinet painted to match their home.
My solution>> I say the new owner hits the previous owner with a bat so the black and blue bruises match the black asphalt and the blue sky.

Such a deal!

#4827 10 years ago

In celebration of St. Paddy's Day, I painted all my pins green this past weekend!

#4857 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

(no images in the ad, so I included one snitched from IPDB to show the playfield.)
Race time pinball machine - $100 (Se)
" target="_blank">sanantonio.craigslist.org link
In fair condition. I don't know if it works or not, but I do know its taking up room in my shop. These things can be worth some money when reconditioned. Hundred bucks and haul it away. Call or Txt me if interested 8303xxx299

race time ipdb.jpg 140 KB

I hope one of you guys grabbed this game. It's a very good player. One of the best of the usually poor playing "belly bar" games Gottlieb churned out. I've played two of these and it's really a blast to play!
Another really good one is one you don't see very often at all; "Gondolier".

#4871 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Trade Winds is supposed to be a great game. I'm glad it's near St. Louis. Long drives alleviate my temptation.

I'd love to find a pre-wedgehead version as pictured on the flyer. They did make some that way.

#4881 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I'll post some when it gets home!

I'd be on that in a flash if it were in my area!

#4882 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

Pinball Williams "Extra Inning" 1962 - $1800 (Highland Village)
" target="_blank">dallas.craigslist.org link
Offered for sale is a Williams 1962 "Extra Inning" pitch and bat baseball pinball machine. This machine has an animated backglass where you see the players run around the bases as you play the game. The cabinet complete and is in very good condition; it has the original paint. The back glass is original, with some flaking defects. The playfield is very good and clean, it has not been touched, it shows some wear. The machine plays great, the coin mechanism is still set up to work on dimes and it is easy enough to change it to work free play. The machine scoring and the lighting all work. I've owned this machine since 1977. It has it's original back door with the lock and key. This machine would make a great addition to any home and/or collection.
Post edited by PMcGee

This is the first P&B that awarded extra innings for score rather than replays. Kind of like the first AAB of P&Bs.
Nice game. I used to play one at a KOA Kampground gameroom years back. I was always tempted to contact the operator and make him an offer on it, then alas, one year I went there again and it was gone!

extra inning.jpg 49 KB

#4891 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

Bally Freedom Bicentennial 1776 - 1976 Pinball Machine Prototype - $800 (Las Vegas)
" target="_blank">lasvegas.craigslist.org link
Bally Freedom Pinball Machine Prototype. This version has a bumper in the center of the flippers and the dates 1776 1976 on the backglass. I have been told by several collectors this was a prototype and when the final machines were produced there was no bumper in the center of the flippers and the dates 1776 , 1976 were not on backglass as it was decided putting a date on glass would date the machine. It is in good working condition.
$1000
I will delete ad as soon as item is sold if you are looking at this ad it is still for sale.

freedom lv.jpg 40 KB

He listed this a while back on eBay. I like the bumper between the flippers variation. I'm surprised Tim Arnold isn't on this one unless he already has one.

#4904 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

1965 Moulin Rouge Pinball Machine - $250 (West Midtown)
" target="_blank">atlanta.craigslist.org link
We came by this as a trade for liquidating an estate so not much is known about it. Will deliver within 35 miles of downtown Atlanta for $35. Some general information from the manufacturer is below. The machine is in average condition (original condition) and could benefit from a restoration (non-working).

I hope one of you guys down that way grabs this game and rescues it. The backglass is available from Ron Webb. It's a fantastic player and good looking too once restored. They would probably take $100 for it just to get it out of there.

#4905 10 years ago

Ouch! What happened to the playfield in the flipper area?
newjersey.craigslist.org link

#4906 10 years ago

newyork.craigslist.org link

I went to look at this game this morning thinking it was a steal at $350. Not so. Pretty tired all around. Backglass had major flaking in all the reds and was faded too. No paper packet, and it wasn't working right either. $150 game tops.

#4908 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I can't remember the last $350 game I've bought that was working, and I always consider paperwork just a bonus if included. Even needing a little love, at that price in Wi it would likely be gone already.

You really would have to see it. The photos make it look way better than it really is. The not working part is not a big deal to me, but you would think that these later wedgeheads that have been in a home environment for like 30 years would have a good chance of having the paper packet inside. I've been 0 for 2 on that lately.

#4928 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Agree with Alex on this one. $350 seems to be a decent deal for the wear and playability. I would have pointed out the problems and offered $300 - I still would have taken it for $350. Touch up the backglass, pf, and cab, and get it working. Paper is a non-issue to me too. I just call Steve Young if a game doesn't have a schematic....... $150 to me would be a parts game.

From the photos, this game looks way better than it actually is; kind of like the "Sweet Hearts" that Chris C went to see a couple of weeks ago in NJ. The photos of that game made it look spectacular, but Chris reported otherwise.
Maybe I'm spoiled because a couple of years ago at the York (PA) show, I bought a cherry "Team One" (I mean this game was ultra clean!) for $550. I only had it for a few minutes because I used it to trade for a Williams woodrail I had my eye on in the flea market. In today's market, games in primo condition sell, while "tired" copies do not. If someone really needed a "Team One", it's pretty easy to find a nice one reasonably priced. This particular one just needed too much for what he was asking. Believe me, I've been doing this for a long time! He told me someone else was coming to look at it tonight, so maybe he sold it. I doubt anyone who knows anything would pay what he was asking after seeing it.

#4930 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I did hear there's a lot of super nice Team Ones out your way. Boilerman had one (almost looked huo) for sale. If I bought that game you looked at I wouldn't end up keeping it - I would fix it up, play it, and then sell it. I'm keeping my Abra Ca Dabra.

I wasn't going to keep it either. I was thinking about shopping it and flipping it at Allentown, but at that price there was just no money in it. For $150, I'd take it, clean it up, get it working right and give it to my nephew or something.

#4934 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Sure, it just seems almost any complete machine in my neck of the woods is worth at least $200-$400. Like Hoov said less than that and it's generally a parts machine.
More importantly what Williams Woodrail did you get?

I got a "Palisades" for the "Team One". The guy wanted like $800 for it, so I made out great on that deal. That "Team One" was primo too! Couldn't believe the guy let it go for $550, and I just beat out someone else who was ready to grab it. At first the guy with the woodrail didn't want to trade for anything, then I convinced him to come and look at the "TO". Once he started walking over to my van, I knew he would do the trade. The game was that nice!
If the "Team One" I looked at today had a reasonably good backglass, it would have been worth $250 or so, but the glass was really bad on it. I just can't look at a game with a poor backglass and a new one just wouldn't be worth it.

#4935 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

crosstown - $950 - lusby (md)
this looks to be a pretty nice machine... all original paperwork too...
" target="_blank">washingtondc.craigslist.org link

image-203.jpg 42 KB

Oh, yeah, nice "CT"! A little new metal and it's real sharp!

#5046 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i would hope that went pretty fast at that price...
although i agree with you on the artwork...

Really, wow! I kinda dig the outback boomerang theme. I would have been on that in a second considering the condition of the game. It's still listed, so maybe it's still there.
The $150 "Target Alpha" in the same general area of the state is gone though. It was disguised behind a Brunswick "Aspen". Both games for $150!

#5048 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i would hope that went pretty fast at that price...
although i agree with you on the artwork...

Just called. Nah, it's gone! Nice game for that price.

#5050 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well it looks like I may finally be getting my first woodie. I have not seen it yet, but it does exist. It is an oldie, but supposed to be in decent shape with a very nice backglass. Any opinions on this machine?-
(Note-not the actual one, stock photo)

image-14.jpg 43 KB

You youngsters! I'm getting toward the point where I might be getting my last woodie!
Kidding aside, never saw or played this one. Grab it if it's reasonable.

#5077 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

if it wouldn't cost me more than the actual selling price of the machine to go get it, i would... even though i would dearly love some fried clams, i'm saving my pennies for allentown right now...
unless someone nearer wants to grab it for me and store it until the middle/end of may... we are planning on heading up there then....

Timing is everything. I was up in that area about a month and a half ago. Didn't spend too much time there as a blizzard was allegedly coming that way. Was home again the same afternoon. Someone should have a reasonably good backglass for that game.

#5089 10 years ago

You're doing this just to piss me off, aren't ya!

#5101 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Scroll all the way down on the first ad...

Silly!

#5117 10 years ago

I've owned two over the years, and a "Lucky Ace". One, I got in midtown Manhattan for free. Gonna write a story about that experience! Love the gameplay on those, but all of mine are gone now.

#5124 10 years ago

Here's a deal! Stuck "0" key?

#5136 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

Poor Manuel. I wonder if he has a say in this.
1951 gottlieb pinball machine - $1100 (Yuma)
" target="_blank">yuma.craigslist.org link
Gottlieb 1951 pinball machine for sale. Comes with Manuel. Power works but ball doesn't eject.
Call or text Ben anytime: nine.two.eight.xxx.five.eight.five.nine

fast draw az.jpg 25 KB

Manuel is the guy who maintains and fixes the game. He's included in the deal. Now that's a bargain!

#5138 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Manuel is the guy who maintains and fixes the game. He's included in the deal. Now that's a bargain!

And, he will keep all your shrubbery pruned as well!

#5140 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And maybe even your wifes.

Now now!

#5161 10 years ago

Just clicked the link, but it's gone. What were they asking for the "Harbor Lites"? Pretty damn nice shape!

#5165 10 years ago

A guy from Portugal who I used to email occasionally won an eBay auction for a "Harbor Lites" many years ago. The game was located in Connecticut. He asked me if I could do him a favor and pick it up for him and store it until he had his "agent" get it from me to containerize it and send it to Portugal. I did, and had it in my garage for several weeks. FInally he had his guy contact me, but he wanted to come over that afternoon and get it. I told him that I was getting ready for work, and that no one would be home and I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving the game outside for him to get it. Anyway, we worked out a plan where I was to meet him at a shopping mall in NJ near where I was working. The only problem was that I only had my Nissan 200SX to get it there. That's when I discovered that yes indeed you could fit a woodrail in a small two door car! I subsequently discovered that if you got creative enough, you could even fit a wedgehead in that car. Transporting a "Diamond Jack" that way cost me a windshield, but hey, I got it home!

#5228 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

ice revue - $1495 - jackson (nj)
oooooo.... me likey...
" target="_blank">cnj.craigslist.org link

image-204.jpg 35 KB

He's firm on the price, but in that condition it's not worth nearly that much. Maybe $650-700 tops, especially if he has to get it out of there.

#5238 10 years ago
Quoted from Svendtube:

I wanted an Ice Revue and it was a very hard game for me to find when I was living in North New Jersey,the prices always seemed to be pretty high and they were always far away. I did get one in Mass for $500 non-working in very poor condition. A $650 Ice Revue in decent working condition would be a very tough find.

Sometimes that's how it is with pins. The more you want a title, the harder it is to find. "Ice Revue" isn't a terrible tough one to come by unless of course you really want one. Same with "Sing Along". Several years ago all my collector friends, including myself and my brother were all craving a Gottlieb "Melody". They seemed to be very tough to come by and always seemed to elude us whenever we got a lead on one. Eventually they came around and everyone who wanted one, got one. I've owned three since then, but have just one now. It seems from time to time, certain titles "come out of the woodwork". Lately, to me anyway, that game is "Target Alpha". They're popping up everywhere! Go figure.

#5239 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I love my Ice Show, the AAB of Ice Revue,,
I think its a better player as it has 6 outlanes, and the AAB is F'ing great
And i do think that price is kinda fair... i cant really tell the real condition though through the pics...
But IR is a fun game too...

"Ice Show" is definitely a different experience. I like them both. If you know anyone who wants a pretty nice one, my brother has one for sale. He's in the Poughkeepsie, NY area not too far from PBR.

#5247 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

pretty!
it qualifies for this thread, since there was an em version, and it has chimes... early solid state machines that "play like an em" (i.e. no ramps, no multi-levels, no 14 ball multiballs, and NO "talking") are fine by me...

The only two SS games I own then would fall into this category. I have a SS "JP" as well, and a SS "Mata Hari".
Both are games I fondly remember playing, so I had to get them. The first "MH" I ever saw (on location, brand spankin' new) was an EM version. The reason I know this is that they also had a SS "Night Rider" which is the first SS game I ever saw. Other than the one at the Silverball Museum, I never saw an EM "Joker Poker" on location.

#5253 10 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

Here's a nice old flipperless woodrail from 1950 for sale in Denver for a grand.

That's a one-ball bingo type gambling machine. An acquired taste for sure.

#5265 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

posted same ad a couple days ago - but they have dropped the price to $100. Looking at all of the photos, might just be missing a fuse or two (haha)
1975 Gottlieb & Co. "300" Bowling Pinball Machine - Not working - $100 (Pearland)
" target="_blank">houston.craigslist.org link
This is a full size, electro-mechanical Pinball machine that has not worked in years. Needs a lot of work & TLC. Great for a restoration project or for parts.
Sold as-is. Make offer. Need gone asap.
For specs & more info regarding this line of machines, please visit http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2539
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.
Cash only
pickup only, cannot deliver

forgot to mention the keyless entry system.

300.jpg 16 KB

300 2.jpg 30 KB

Look at the play meter. Just about to flip to 80,000!

#5266 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

posted same ad a couple days ago - but they have dropped the price to $100. Looking at all of the photos, might just be missing a fuse or two (haha)
1975 Gottlieb & Co. "300" Bowling Pinball Machine - Not working - $100 (Pearland)
This is a full size, electro-mechanical Pinball machine that has not worked in years. Needs a lot of work & TLC. Great for a restoration project or for parts.
Sold as-is. Make offer. Need gone asap.
For specs & more info regarding this line of machines, please visit http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2539
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.
Cash only
pickup only, cannot deliver

forgot to mention the keyless entry system.

300.jpg 16 KB

300 2.jpg 30 KB

That game is easily worth $100. They would probably take $50. I'd grab it if it were local to me.

#5270 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

They took $80.

Did you get it?

#5274 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

She said a guy drove 3 hours to look at it last night. Said they looked it all over and didn't want it because they could not get the tilt light to come on. She said she offered it to them for free, and they turned it down.

HUH? Turned down a free pinball machine after driving three hours because he couldn't get the bleepin' tilt light to come on! Was this guy a crackhead or something?
You should have gotten it for free too then.

Quoted from PMcGee:

No key to the backbox.

Quoted from PMcGee:

I dismantled it, alone, and took it down the stairs one step at a time using an appliance dolly, also alone, and loaded it by myself.

This story is eerily similar to a "Dealer's Choice" I got for free in midtown Manhattan. There was no key for the backbox. As he was looking for a big screwdriver, I pulled out my keyring and tried all the small keys I had. The key to my truck's cap fit perfectly and opened the lock as if it was made for it!

I too brought the game down a narrow, winding flight of steps on a hand truck, one step at a time. That game is really heavy too. I made some nice gouges in the plaster of the stairwell in the process. The guy said, "ah, don't worry about it"! It was about 100 degrees out that day too, and I was totally spent after pushing the game about a block and a half on the handtruck after wrestling it down the stairwell. It was all I could do to muster the strength to lift the head up onto the tailgate and slide it into the bed. As I recall, the cabinet on that game was just about perfect. I sold it and I believe the guy that bought it still has it in his collection.

#5276 10 years ago

After a while, they just throw in the towel and give up. You could always use the "I could be hanging out in the bars" line.

#5278 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Or chasing Whores

Goes hand in hand.

#5280 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bingo! " target="_blank">orangecounty.craigslist.org link
photos show what the game looks like.- Not exactly sure what that means.

Yeah, really. My brother bought a video camera like when they first came out. He was asking the salesguy if it had this or it had that. The saleman said in typical salesmanese, "it's got everything it comes with".

#5300 10 years ago

But that's the rare "Capt. America" version. A steal at that price!

#5318 10 years ago

This manufacturer is not listed on IPDB. It does look like a copy of "HTD"/"Neptune", et al.

#5321 10 years ago

OK, I stand corrected. I may be heading down that way tomorrow and I contacted the seller about possibly stopping by to take a look at the game. I'll report back if it does happen.

#5324 10 years ago

If I get to see it tomorrow and it has nudity, I'm buying it!

#5336 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i don't think i have ever seen one that wasn't worn.

And I had a chance to buy an NOS playfield for that game once. It was in the original cardboard carton and everything. For some reason, I didn't pull the trigger but someone else behind me did.

#5337 10 years ago

quote< I may be heading down that way tomorrow and I contacted the seller about possibly stopping by to take a look at the game. I'll report back if it does happen.>

The guy never phoned me and I'm back home already so I didn't get to see that oddball Italian version of "Neptune".
Hey Chris, I was down your way. I passed by the Collingswood Diner. How far is this game from you? I noticed the ad was pulled. I wonder who got it.

#5339 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

^^^
jr, what town was it in? i don't remember where it was...
if you passed by the collingswood diner on route 130, you were less than 2 miles from my house when you went over that little river where the driving range is...

I wanted to check the name of the town, but the ad is gone. Yeah, I saw that driving range. I guess they don't recover a large percentage of the balls! I'm going to scan a map and see if something jogs the memory. I know it was two words. I was really hoping the guy was going to call me while I was down that way, but he never did. I'm glad I got home though and outran most of the heavy rain.

#5340 10 years ago

I just scanned over a map of the area. I'm 99% sure the name of the town is RIdley Park (PA). It's just a bit west of the Philadelphia International Airport. You're a lot closer than I am, but it's a moot point. Someone must have grabbed that game.

#5342 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

Vintage 1974 Williams Strato-Flite Pinball Machine - $750 (Katonah)
" target="_blank">newyork.craigslist.org link
I am offering a 1974 Williams Strato-Flite 4 player pinball machine that is in fully working condition. Great overall condition with general ware and tare. The machine has a cool space theme.
The machine is set on free play and all rubbers have recently been replaced. Comes with original manual and paperwork.
I'm asking $750 or best offer.
Thank you very much for looking and have a nice day!

stratoflite.jpg 33 KB

This one's in my neck o' the woods. I think I know who owns it. She called me for service once, and a jukebox she had, but for some reason I never made it there.

#5386 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

^^^
i always like the special aftermarket wheels...
if i played a machine with wheels, i'd end up nudging the darned thing all over the room...

I've always had a crazy idea of mounting skates on an "Ice Revue" and getting it out on a frozen lake. I'd video myself playing it while sliding along the ice, with Jethro Tull's "Skating Away" playing in the background! I'm gonna do it someday (in the winter, of course). If the ice was just right, it probably wouldn't need skates. I'd put a car battery and an inverter inside the cabinet to make it portable.

#5391 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Kosher is just fine with me. The OP will allow it. It would even be more kosher if you were closer.

th-315.jpeg 23 KB

How did you know? I'm the guy who always brings the quarter pound "hebes" to the Allentown and York shows. They're the best! Didn't know you could get them on the left coast. I'm really looking forward to cooking them up in a couple of weeks. Gotta get the jumbo buns for them too. Chris, be sure to stop by for one.

#5393 10 years ago

Nathan's are too salty. Hebrew Nats are the best. We have Thumanns too which are pretty good. A guy in NJ gets his dogs from a butcher and he brings them to the shows. Two other guys from upstate NY bring their own local "coney dogs". The W Va guys bring the grill and brats. It's sausage heaven at the two PA shows! Damn, my mouth is watering!

#5397 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

man one thing i really miss about working in manhattan is dirty water sabrett dogs...
i'm coming hungry jr...

They put bay leaves in the water. I should know. The last time I had one, the bay leaf was in the bun. Good thing I didn't eat it. They can perforate your stomach or intestines if you eat them.

#5398 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

man one thing i really miss about working in manhattan is dirty water sabrett dogs...
i'm coming hungry jr...

Yeah, I like Sabretts too. What ever happened to "House O' Weenies" dogs? They were once popular, but have disappeared.
(PS- we're getting way off topic here; sorry for being a party to this.)

#5435 10 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

I could never understand people who get all up in arms about what someone puts on their hotdog. So called purists who for some reason think their way is the only acceptable way and actually will get mad and try to force their beliefs on everyone else. Seriously you would tell a child they aren't allowed to eat their food the way they like and for some reason feel the need to belittle others because of what they put on their dog? Who cares if someone wants to dip them in chocolate or put jelly on them?

The purported birthplace of the hamburger is Louis Lunch in New Haven, Connecticut. The patties are flame grilled vertically in the original1800's vintage cast iron gas fired grills. They are served on toasted white bread; no buns. Ketchup is strictly forbidden!

#5486 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

A depressing Kings & Queens in StL:
stlouis.craigslist.org link

Cabinet is a nice original; YAH!

#5504 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Mine too!
Ken

gtb_jumpingjack-N.jpg 75 KB

Hmm, the ink must have flaked off on three of the chicks tops!

1 week later
#5568 9 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

Sorry folks - I sold this one.

It looked like a worthy project. Similar to the one I have, but I think yours had a nicer cabinet.

#5591 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

card king - $400 - darlington (md)
one for the guys who like the italian exports...
" target="_blank">baltimore.craigslist.org link

image-482.jpg 27 KB

With 3" flippers no less! They could be original. I've heard that some "Pop A Card", "Drop A Card", and now apparently "Card King" games were made with 3" flippers. I believe it was the last Gottlieb with short flippers.
Other than that, "Card King" is the same as "Pop A Card", except there is no 1-10 along the bottom edge of the backglass. For "Pop A Card", the pop bumper caps should have gold lettering on them. Don't know if these are correct for "Card King" or not.

#5594 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i dunno... i'm not nearly as well versed as you guys on the interesting minutiae of pinball... i had assumed they were aftermarket, but after reading your post, i looked closer... sure looks possible to me that the game originally came with 3" flippers... the angle of the pics could be deceiving me though....

the one for sale...

It's possible that the flippers were retro fitted, but I had heard that some were made from the factory with 3" flippers. During the manufacturing of these games, Gottlieb had already produced games with 3" flippers. All subsequently produced models would have them.

#5597 9 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

Here's a nice old 1962 Williams 'Mardi Gras' for 300 bucks in Denver. Could be a good fixer upper.
I'd buy it myself to fix up if I had the bucks. One day.
" target="_blank">denver.craigslist.org link

Mardi Gras (1962 Williams).jpg 29 KB

One you don't see every day for sure.

#5614 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

ok, i suppose you are right... for $50, i'd buy an el toro...

Think of the "real estate" it would be taking up that could be used for a much better game. If I bought an "El Toro" for $50, it would sit on the front porch with a tarp on it until someone offered me at least $55 for it!

#5616 9 years ago
Quoted from Svendtube:

I would like one of these

tn_image-1.jpg 2 KB

tn_image-2.jpg 2 KB

Yeah, that's the "good" "El Toro". The ugly one is a Bally game.

#5621 9 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I not sure if anyone posted this Sing Along in NJ. It's hard to tell in the pictures if the game is in nice condition...but for $600 it might be worth while to go view in person. The cabinet paint job design isn't original but catches the eye for sure. Top of the line player!

There ya go Chris! Not too too far away. Get 'boil' to paint it, and it'll be nice!

#5639 9 years ago

^^^ Hot game lately. I'm sure someone will jump on it. ^^^

#5668 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Really? I consider myself a Williams fan, and I have never played Jive Time but would consider Spanish Eyes a thing of beauty by comparison.

Yeah, "Jive Time"/"Rock n Roll" are yet another in a long line of fugly Williams games that are actually pretty good players. Agreed that "Granada" and "Spanish Eyes" are way better looking than those two.

#5701 9 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Thanks!
Yeah, I will tell him...
- jeff

Welcome back brother! You missed one hell of a gathering last night in Sparta. My "Golden Arrow" has a nice new home. It's awesome!

#5702 9 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Anyone get this Sing Along? Its right in my neck of the woods...

Yeah, who got it? C'mon Chris it's right there! I hope you grabbed it.

#5705 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am the second responder on this one. What are the chances the first guy doesn't buy it?
sandiego.craigslist.org link

Not too good if he knows anything, but one can hope. That's a smokin' deal!

#5710 9 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

Hit The Deck is an interesting machine. I nearly bought one back in the early 90's but it didn't have a back glass so I let it pass. I say interesting as it's an EM but the score reels were painted black with red LED style numbers painted on them. But the one for sale in the ad looks to be the normal black on white reels? Must have been 2 versions I guess.

I've never seen one with normal score reels, nor heard of an alternate version. My guess is that someone just didn't like the "digital" looking ones and simply replaced them with normal reels. I've had a notion to do this on my "Neptune", but I've grown accustomed to original ones.

#5736 9 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

Gottlieb Gold Strike Pinball - $1600
Vintage 1970's Gottlieb Gold Strike Pinball Machine in good working condition for free play. Very few scratches.

goldstrike.jpg 31 KB

She gone.

#5749 9 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Cue the Ben Hur music!
» YouTube video

What a flick!

#5750 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

sweethearts - $900 - perkasie (pa)
" target="_blank">philadelphia.craigslist.org link

image-387.jpg 28 KB

Way too much for that game in that condition. The backglass looks roached.

#5769 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

bonus baseball - $875 - sayville (ny)
nice looking pitch and bat for that price...
" target="_blank">newyork.craigslist.org link

image-355.jpg 30 KB

That looks like a nice P/B for a decent price. I don't know if I've ever seen one like that before.

#5859 9 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Debating on driving over and taking a peek. Anyone have thoughts on this one?
--Jeff

That title in that condition is worth about $150 tops. It's decent player; very fast, but there are much better examples out there. The description of the backglass and what I can see of it in the photo is it's only saving grace. Usually, these backglasses are roached.

#5898 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

lucky ace - $50 (!!!!) - manassas (va)
hurry... fitty bucks is cheap enough even if it is a total part out...
" target="_blank">washingtondc.craigslist.org link

image-678.jpg 9 KB

It's hard to tell from the fuzzy pictures, but that backglass looks better than most.

#5900 9 years ago

Why does the listing say "posted: 8 years ago"?

#5902 9 years ago

It looks like all the CL ads on that page have "posted: 8 years ago" for some odd reason.

#5903 9 years ago

Really odd. I just clicked on the link on another computer and now it says "posted: one day ago".

#5905 9 years ago

I wish you hadn't done that. Now it's an $800 game!

#5966 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nice pick up
Interested how you rate the gameplay on this one.

"RaB" and "BQ" are both basically the same game. "Mibs" has the more modern components, so it feels a little different. The key is to get the upper center target as soon as you can. This lights the slingshots for 10 points each time you hit them. Because the ball hits them quite frequently, you want to make them worth 10 points right away if you can. Then, go for the left and right targets not so much to light the "specials", but to increase the score of the bumpers from 1 point to 10 points. I have never racked all 12 balls on my "Bowling Queen". In order to have any chance of doing it, you obviously have to make all four outlanes which is very difficult. You can set the replay level for points scored, as well as number of balls racked. To me anyway, making the "specials" is pretty much incidental and random. Racking balls and reaching the score threshold is the way to win replays on this pair. Good players, both.

#5974 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

circus - $500 - coventry (ri)
providence.craigslist.org link

image-784.jpg 48 KB

Good game for a child as their first pinball machine, but to any serious pinhead, this one's a dud.

#5977 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

el toro - $1500 (!!!!) - boston (ma)
boston.craigslist.org link

image-442.jpg 27 KB

Another dud for triple the price!

#5993 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Didn't want to snake the deal from anyone so I told him to LMK if it does not happen.

Quoted from songofsixpence:Hey - been away from the forum for a few days. I see its still posted, and it does look pretty good...

I heard that his wife accidently sold it.

#6000 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

ice revue - $1495 - jackson (nj)
cnj.craigslist.org link

image-906.jpg 34 KB

I believe this one's been up there for a while. A bit pricey for an "IR", but it looks pretty decent from the photos.

#6015 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't had too much luck locating the machines I have been looking for, so I figured it's time to take what I can get. I saw this Flipper on CL today so I went and got it and he threw in the Big Casino for not much more. The BC may be end up being more trouble than it's worth, but the Flipper should clean up nicely. It is missing the wood block that supports the head, so if anyone here has one with original paint, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

DSCN2738.JPG 157 KB

You need to get the pedestal with the indent in the front (early wedgehead type). If you've never played "Flipper", you'll like it. Hopefully your playfield doesn't have the crazing that many of these and many "Foto Finish" playfields seem to develop. "Big Casino" is an acquired taste. It takes a lot of shotmaking and control. Put big juicy o-rings on the lower outlane posts to give yourself a fighting chance. The backglass was repro'd, but as you said, is it worth it?

#6018 9 years ago

Stovepipe hats making a comeback in Odin's gameroom!

#6033 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

river boat - $1000(obo) - richmond (va)
" target="_blank">richmond.craigslist.org link

image-382.jpg 26 KB

Ack! Missing the slingshot plastics!

#6039 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I wonder if the person that bought it knows its secret?

Is it going to remain a secret?

#6041 9 years ago

To turn it into a "Big Dick"?

#6043 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I never did in my youth either. Many years later, I stumbled on one and had to buy it just because of the Gordon Morison artwork. After all, it has drop targets, how bad could it be? I never knew how bad until I shopped it out. I couldn't sell it fast enough. Perhaps Clay's mod could improve it some, but there still isn't much to go for on the playfield. Kind of like Duotron/Magnotron.

Yeah, I unloaded mine as fast as I could too. I didn't really intend to keep it anyway; I prefer single player games.
I remember playing it brand spankin' new at the local arcade, but didn't realize what a dud it was until I got one recently. The price was right, and it was close by, so I grabbed it. Didn't have it long.

#6088 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I know boilerman was looking for a Flying Carpet. NJ is not far from him.

That part of NJ is pretty distant. Way up north where they actually have real hills!

#6096 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some of the white on the cabinet has been painted over, but I can tell that was a long time ago. As long as I can drop a nickel in it and make it play, I am happy to leave it as is . Too many other things to do...

Good call. Often it's good just to clean them up and let them stay original.

#6098 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes yes! I like original, as long as they play good and aren't an eyesore. On the other hand......
Did someone say patina? It looks a lot better in the picture than it really is. Well, what do you want for $200. Perhaps I paid too much!
I just found a bunch of wires off the relay bank, so I am going to solder them all back on where they look like they go, and I will be playing this sucker by the end of the night. Either that or I am going to get a visit from the fire department.
lol.

DSCN2762.JPG 167 KB

Well that sure isn't the original cabinet paint or backglass. What can you tell us about that backglass? Is it some kind of hand drawn thing on paper behind the glass or is it painted onto the glass?

#6100 9 years ago

Too bad the coin door on the "BC" is a multi-chute type as opposed to the AAB single chute type on the "Flipper". You could have done a swap and had the better door on the better game. Try using a somewhat dull razor blade, preferably in some type of holder (or just clamp it in a small pair of vise grip pliers) to scrape the surface rust off the "Flipper" coin door. I've found this to work quite well for removing most of the rust and making the door much more presentable.

#6106 9 years ago

He had me so worked up I nearly soiled me armor!

#6119 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

To finish the job I will need new rubbers

Get the biggest, juiciest donut rubbers for the center post and the outlane posts. If you have only the regular ones, you can soak them in RC-88 for a while to swell them and make them super bouncy. Set the tilt to Richter 8.5, or pull the bob off completely (I hope I didn't give the earthquake gods a suggestion).

#6127 9 years ago

Still have my '72 Yammer DT-250 with all the street stuff pulled off and knobbies both ends. Good thing it doesn't run (probably just a gummed up carb) otherwise I'd probably kill myself if I tried to ride it!

#6129 9 years ago

Oh to be young again! Really loved tearing up the trails, hi-lines, and old railroad track beds with the Yammer. Nobody does that stuff around here anymore. They paved the rail line and it's a bike trail now. That's as close as I get now to my dirt bike days!

#6154 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

There it is JR. Go get it.

albany.craigslist.org link

I drove five hours round trip to look at this game today. I was very disappointed with the condition and decided to pass. I couldn't even make her a lower offer, because she insisted I bring a cashier's check for the full amount (savvy move on her part). It basically needed everything, including a playfield. Figure the cost: $900 for the game, $500 or so for a playfield, $250 for a backglass, $100 for a plastics set, drop targets, bumper caps, bodies, etc, etc! This is one time I was happy to be coming home with an empty vehicle! She was very nice and didn't sound disappointed when I told her that I was going to pass on it. She no doubt had other callers who were waiting for their chance. I give her credit for not selling it before I got to see it, being that I was the first person to call her after she listed it. My search goes on.....

#6155 9 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Love the old bike pics my first was a Yamaha LT100 hand me down like the one in the pic below I loved that thing!

LT100.jpg 388 KB

I love those vintage Yamaha Enduros. I wish my '72 DT-250 was more original, but I still have it.

#6156 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Did someone say KTM.
Here is my 1994 250 Exc. Been awhile since i rode it.
Many a time got chased in NJ by the railroad police,regular police and property owners and they never had a chance.

Ahhh memories.

Ktm1 (1).jpg 28 KB

KTM, Can-AM, Maico. Now you're talkin'!
Welcome back. We missed you. Saw your bro' at Vic's. You should have come. It was a blast.

#6167 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Neptune by Gottlieb - $1500 (Simsbury CT)
Same dude up^^ 2?
hartford.craigslist.org link

Strange coincidence. I don't think it's the same guy. I saw the one up in NH a while back while picking up another game from him. He actually is a "pinsider", but I don't see him posting very often. For some reason, a lot of the later wedgeheads seem to turn up in the Northeast, particularly "Lucky Hand" in Connecticut. Although "Neptune" is quite rare, I've seen many of them over the years.

#6168 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wish I had your will power.

It was just a little too far gone for what she was asking. I was kind of stuck because I had a cashier's check made out to her for the full amount (the last time I'm doing that!) thinking I was going to find a decent condition game when I got there. The killer for me was a strip of delaminated veneer toward the upper left part of the playfield.
It started raining pretty much as soon as I got there, and she had a muddy, unpaved driveway to negotiate with the game if I were to take it out there. The whole situation was just a big let down and turn off, so I was happy to just let it go and head home. I'm sure there was someone in line right behind me, and if they wanted it for nine bills, more power to them.

#6174 9 years ago

albany.craigslist.org link

She has it relisted now for $750. I might have taken it for $650. She didn't sound like she wanted to take anything less for it when i was there, and I just wasn't going to try. The photo is really deceiving (not intentionally, I'm sure), and the description is a little off, but it may be worth it to someone who just has to have this title. Too bad about the playfield though. That was the deal breaker for me.

#6182 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

You're right about that...picture makes it look pretty cherry. What was up with the PF?

Overall, the playfield wasn't really too bad except that there was a noticeable bubbled up area (delamination of the top layer) toward the upper left, a little northeast of where the left upper flipper is. The legs were probably the best part of this game. The lower cabinet wasn't too bad either, at least to me. I would just touch it up and leave it as original as possible. But, it needed pretty much everything else. It had no paper packet or schematic either, which I discovered after I had to pop the front door. Probably a $600 game, for me anyway.

#6188 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Interesting Flipper Cowboy ad in VA:
lynchburg.craigslist.org link

Would like to see some pix for what that's worth.

#6193 9 years ago

Yup, showed up early to an estate sale years ago that mentioned a pinball machine. I was like the eighth person in line, and I heard some guys up ahead of me talking about pinball; not a good thing! After waiting about an hour and a half, they let the first group in. I bolted down the basement stairs (a logical guess on my part, I think), and peered into a small playroom. There in the middle of the floor, in all it's glory, stood a "State Fair" toy pinball game. ARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!

#6232 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Sorry I'm late to the game but it took me a while to find my only photo of one of my favorites of the 14 bikes I've owned. '72 Yamaha 360 Enduro. Rode it to work and back all week and into the woods on weekends. Great memories. Other favorites were a '66 Triumph 650 Bonneville, NIB BSA 250 Starfire and a '74 Norton 750.

img140.jpg 146 KB

Always loved the 360. I didn't realize that it's exactly like the the 250, just a bigger barrel and piston. I thought the '72 was green. My 250 was originally orange. It has a high compression head and a "Torque Engineering" expansion chamber. It would probably run fine with just a little work. I also have a YZ fork and front wheel on it, so I can't ever reinstall the speedometer. I have all the street stuff in a box somewhere. It just sits in my garage among the stored pins. It started up about 10 years ago, but didn't run too well. Likely a gummy carb.

#6247 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Where's JR? In the car on his way home?

Yeah, I wish! I'd be on that like a duck on a june bug if it were closer. That's a 5 hour one way drive if I had seen it in time. I have an pretty good guess on who might have gotten them.

#6248 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

And a Wms Big Deal down in IA for 250:
desmoines.craigslist.org link

Man, another one I'd be on if it were close!

#6249 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

And you got the buyer's contact info then too, right?
Give chase!

I only saw one other game in the photos. It was likely a Gottlieb "Batter Up", the add-a-ball of "Baseball" (it is NY state, so I'm assuming it's the aab).

#6250 9 years ago

Oh OK, I saw the other game. It looks like an "Astro" (again, assuming an AAB), but it could be a "4 Square".

#6262 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

I think he got the Motorcycle running and tried to bring it home but couldnt get to sit right so he got a grill for the 4th instead.

Motorgrill.JPG 22 KB

God help him if he ever lost it!

#6305 9 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Ummmm... Yeah.... Sounds like a fun guy to deal with... haha
" target="_blank">newjersey.craigslist.org link
"PINBALL & ARCADES! RESTORED FULL COLLECTON OF 50 MACHINES. (MAKE OFFER)
Complete Game room stocked with arcades and pinball!
Arcades and condition. All games work perfect unless noted. Most are beautiful restorations. Some are all orig.
1: Kangaroo. Orig and beautiful. 2: Berzerk. Orig and beautiful 3: Astro Invaders. Orig and very nice. 4: Monaco Gp. Decent cosmetic works perfect 5: Turbo. Restored mint 6: Donkey Kong. Restored Mint 7: Baby pacman. Restored mint. 8: Centepede. Restored mint 9: Defender. Restored mint 10. Champion Baseball. Restored Nice. 11. Space invaders. Restored Mint 12. Robotron. Restored Mint 13. World Class Bowling 24 in large ver. Decent orig. 14. Road Blasters. Restored Mint 15. Dig Dug. Restored Mint 16. Track and Field (button ver). Restored mint 17. Asteroids. Restored Mint 18. Asteroids Deluxe. Orig very nice 19. Night Driver. Orig Mint 20. Video Pinball. Orig Mint 21. Attaxx. Restored Mint 22. 10 yard fight. Orig rough. 23. Missle Command Table top. Restored mint. 24. Missle command up
right. Orig Nice. 25. 20 In 1 multicade. Nice 26. Street Smart. Orig. Nice 27. Elevator action. Orig Decent Green taito cab 28. Arkanoid. Orange rare taito cab. Rough. 29. wipeout. Rare 4 player pong. Decent. Spinners don't work. 30. Arch rivals. Orig. rough. 31. Tecmo bowl. Orig large cab. Nice. 32. Turbo Mini. Orig decent.
Pinballs 1:Firepower. Restored mint 2:Firepower 2 restored mint with LED Displays. 3:Flash. Restored mint 4:Silverball. Restored mint 5:Space Shuttle. Restored cab. Otherwise orig nice 6:Mr & Mrs Pacman. Restored mint 7:World Series Pitch and bat 1964. Orig decent. Didn't want to restore its so rare I kept it orig. 8:Flash Baseball. Orig Very nice. 9:Toledo. Restored Cab. Otherwise orig. very nice 10:Volcano. Restored mint 11:Phoenix. Restored mint orig cab. Will restore cab in fall 12:Gold record. Orig. back glass perfect playfield decent 13:Dipsey Doodle. Pre production rare back glass nice. Playfield nice. 14: Close Encounters. Restroed Perfection. Nicest pin I own. 15: Freedom. Restored Mint 16: Hot Tip (ss version not em) Restored Mint
Not selling off separate pieces. Its my collection.
You can make money letting parties come in and play $20 per person for 2 hrs min 10 people. I can run this as a full fledged business but I do not. You may. I do not want people touching my mint treasures. I also dont need the money.
Lease in place is very cheap.
Make cash offer, no lowballers, spam, ham, bottom feeders looking to flip on ebay forget it.
Not desperate to sell, just to see whats out there for top quality games. Of course since im putting this on crud list, I fully expect to get tons of losers, con men, broke people, and the full gamut of bottom of the barrel. Im telling you in advance don't bother.
Don't ask to come see the games without proving you have the money to buy. Once I see proof you can back up your offer Ill need a good faith substantial deposit before you get the location. Don't like the terms? Get lost! Very simple!
This should blow away 99 percent of the scum, but will not scare a high end collector or business owner. I do not need a steady line of garbage coming to my place. Once we get passed the point of im convinced your not craigslist garbage, youll make a sizable deposit and ill give you the location. do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers"

What a sphincter!

#6308 9 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

I've seen these posted a few different times now. I just don't get it... Now the woodwork looks beautiful and something that takes real craftsmanship, something I don't have, but still just don't get it
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Marion Barry must have passed his crack around to a lot of people down there.

#6331 9 years ago
Quoted from sysprog:

Diamond jack in the Twin Cities
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Did anyone notice the "Game Over" section on the backglass? I've never seen one like that and I was not aware of any variations on that game. If it's original, it's very unusual.

#6358 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

OMG this is a riot.
1975 Near Mint Gottlieb WedgeHead $4000 (Delray Beach)FL
miami.craigslist.org link

That's a new line that will live in infamy; "needs Windex". I guess Windex is hard to come by down there!

#6359 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

I bet this is a sample game, check out the North Star sample glass on IPDB:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1683&picno=52589

I was thinking sample game too, but didn't see any other differences, such as the black card lettering on the sample version of "King of Diamonds". Someone got a treasure!

#6361 9 years ago

What game is it anyway?

#6367 9 years ago
Quoted from Reddogger:

Abra Ca Dabra. Not sure if Lava Lamp is included.
allentown.craigslist.org link

Whoa. Already gone!

#6368 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

The 3 pops layout seem to give a little more sway toward that theory.

Yeah, now I see it; "FC" it is. Where the heck did they come up with "Maxi Pool"?

1 week later
#6435 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Wadda ya think Joe, Should I get another Top hand? I can run the hot lead right to a pan of water, and set it in front of the game on this one.
Heck, It's only 750.00 too.

I thought maybe this was yours and the guy got tired of it already. I would have bought yours if I knew you were selling it and for cheap!

#6436 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Can't do it now...but SOMEONE should so I can get it from you in a few months!!!
newhaven.craigslist.org link

It seems like this title is coming out of the woodwork lately.

#6438 9 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

cjmiller, the gypsy queen has been listed here over and over for quite some time ... i don't think it is in the correct cabinet but i can't recall for sure ... also not sure of the quality of the local 'refurbish' - maybe i should go take a look ...
torpedo is tempting - has a very cool torpedo firing sound when you hit the appropriate targets ...
here is a link to the 4 player version 'underwater'
» YouTube video

I played "Underwater" and Recel "Top Speed" on location in a little gasthaus in Austria back in 1979. I think I have some old photos of them somewhere. If I find them, I'll scan and post them.

#6440 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

buy a slot for $500, get a free playmatic "new world"... west philadelphia (pa)...
philadelphia.craigslist.org link

image.jpg 30 KB

Could have grabbed a nice copy of the wedgehead version of this game, "Conquest 200" for $95 many years ago.
For some reason, my brother and I passed on it, but instead he bought a Bally "Hi Lo Ace" from the guy instead.
The house the games were in was off the charts; like a modern "mini-mansion" of a Tudor castle. The basement could have held about 300 games! I'll never forget that place!

#6441 9 years ago
Quoted from Spanishsilver:

Not bad at all cleaning up nice. All the steppers needed cleaning. Runs 100%. Going into a local bar here in town my friend owns. Pulling out the Royal Flush. People love the EMs at this bar. Too bad there wasnt room for more.

I passed through your way this past week. What's the name of the bar and where is it? Maybe I'll stop in next time and give it a play or two.

#6485 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Royal flush pinball machine - $650 (NH)
nh.craigslist.org link

Is this the one that "Spanishsilver" says is coming out of a bar for a "Target Alpha"?

#6549 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

yeah, I know you've got more traffic, but once you're clear of the city and on the interstate, you should be able to move pretty well.
You guys just have it made when it comes to getting games, the location of the shows, just about everything. If I found a game less than 100 miles from home, I'd think I'd died and gone to heaven. It happens occasionally, but more often, you gotta do the road trip.
I'll also admit that I'm cheap and I'd rather drive a bit more to get a decently priced game than pay out the butt for some of the ones I've seen closer to home. Plus it gets me out of the house and I'm always in favor of that.

I used to post a "Pinball Machines Wanted" ad at the local supermarket. I would occasionally get calls, but not very often. I got a call from a woman about 8:30 one night. She had a "Silverball Mania" and she wanted it out because she was moving. I told her I would like to come and see it, maybe later in the week. When she told me the location, I had to chuckle because it was literally about 500 feet from my house! I told her I'd be right over, and I walked up the street to check out the game. I did eventually buy it, but turned it over immediately. That was the closest I've ever picked up a game. I drove to far western PA once to pick up a "Diamond Jack" I got on eBay. It was about an hour northwest of Pittsburgh. I'm just north of NYC, so that's the farthest I've ever gone for a game.
I'm used to long distance driving on a routine basis for my job, so it's not a big deal for me. I drove 400 miles today for a service call.

#6585 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I had one before (unique sample game), but sold it. This one is safely far enough away to tempt me too much though.

If it were closer, it would be mine!

#6635 9 years ago
Quoted from textrivers:

Super cheap Delta Queen, Catskills NY:
catskills.craigslist.org link

No legs and where's the backglass?

#6689 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

That was for you.

"With my Zircon encrusted tweezers in my hand".

#6734 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I just like making fun of the Eric Clapton song "Cocaine". I had the mock lyrics "Propane" for years. You guys gave me an excuse to sing them.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was wondering what you were doing, and as far as I could tell it wasn't Zappa!

#6735 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

$325 for both.
1963 Williams Big Deal
1965 Bally Band Wagon No Bg!
greenville.craigslist.org link

Man, "Big Deal" is another game that seems to be coming out of the woodwork lately.

#6808 9 years ago

When I first entertained the idea of collecting pinball machines, I never in my wildest dreams thought that so many of them would still be available. There was a time in the late '70's when I really thought there were no EMs around anywhere anymore. It really is amazing how many games are still out there.

#6810 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Funny thing about you (jrpinball) saying that is ,to me when they did a production run of say 5000 machines of one model it seems to me you would think its rare because that amount in the US alone spreads them out fairly well considering our population.

Five thousand is a pretty hefty production run. Most '60s and '70s EMs had far smaller production numbers; especially the add-a-ball models. AABs tended to remain in and around the AAB states though, and they seem to be at least as common in those areas as the replay versions despite their lower production numbers.
You also have to factor in the "half-life" rule. Every ten years or so from the production date, half of the remaining games tend to find their demise in one way or another. I think most of these casualties result from poor storage conditions more than anything else. Hopefully this rate has been somewhat arrested by the efforts of collectors and those who have come to appreciate the charm and history of these old games. It's great to see the restoration and repair threads here on Pinside. Thanks to all of us, many of these classics will live on for a long time to come.

#6812 9 years ago

I have seen one or two of them here on the east coast over the years, but it's not a game you see very often. There are many Williams and Bally games that they apparently made plenty of, but for some reason, you just don't see them. The only thing I can think of is that most of them were exported. "Metro" is one just off the top of my head. "Eager Beaver" is another. In comparison, I've seen many Gottlieb "Pleasure Isle" machines, despite the fact that they only produced 235 of them. It IS an add-a-ball though, and I'm in an add-a-ball state, so that may account for the relatively decent number of them that I've seen.

#6832 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Gottlieb Mini-Pool (although the seller is clinging to the notion that what they see on the Internet somehow applies to them...)
wausau.craigslist.org link

That game in that condition is maybe $450. The playfield looks like it has wear, but it's hard to tell. That game usually has a lot of cracking and planking on the playfield. It's hard to tell the condition of the backglass too, but it's tough to find a good one on that title.

#6833 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

This Gottlieb Pin Up started out at $3000 months ago and sat. Been listed at $1000 a couple times with no takers still. But that's progress at least! (Does look like it could be in fine shape though.)
dubuque.craigslist.org link

That looks like a pretty decent "Pin-Up". If it were in my area, I'd sure give it a look.

1 week later
#7037 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Man there seems to be more Ems in lots lately.
4 Williams and 4 Gottliebs. All working
Williams Oh Boy 300
Williams 3 coins 500
Williams Eager Beaver 600
Williams Stop n Go 900
Gottlieb Jungle 900
Gottlieb Flying Carpet 700 ← A lot of these lately.
Gottlieb Paul Bunyan 700
Gottlieb Bank a Ball 900
jacksonville.craigslist.org link

Be careful of Florida games. Wood eatin' critters are a strong possibility.

#7038 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Might be the best I've seen lately...
Bally "Cross Country"....$4400...

I had a chance to buy a nice one of these real cheap a long time ago. Why I didn't grab it, I don't know!

#7057 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1964 Williams Heat Wave - $375 (Colorado Springs)
cosprings.craigslist.org link

With a little love, this could be a nice game. Hope it gets into loving hands.

#7069 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

with out a doubt the WORSE wedgehead ever made

Yeah, it's pretty bad!

#7070 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it is funny how you don't see a title for sale for a long time then one day a dozen pop up?

I have an expression for that. I call those "woodwork" games, because they suddenly seem to be coming out of the woodwork.

#7074 9 years ago

I've played the AAB version "Stock Car" and that's bad enough. That spinner thing is just not fun. Going through the same ordeal to win a replay so that I can try it again? Nah! Decent looking pin though.

#7082 9 years ago

Someone snagged a "Mibs" from Classic Pinball for pretty cheap. Head cabinet was wrong; a "Flip A Card" or "Card Trix", but overall the game was decent for the price. PM me if you're interested in the "Play Mates". I hope Jersey Jack makes this an annual event. A little light turnout in the swap meet area, but overall it was enjoyable. It has room to grow, and could be a nice late summer east coast pin event before the York show.

#7104 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Gottlieb Kings and Queens - $650
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

No, no, no. This is a "King of Queens"; obviously based on the TV show. Any resemblance is purely coincidental!

#7105 9 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

I'm surprised that you say the head is wrong

The box for the head is a "Flip A Card" or "Card Trix". Look it up.

#7139 9 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

I will sell mine for the bargain price of $6,000
Elton john Capt Fantastic 1975 pinball machine - $7000
This is the original captain Fantastic pinball machine like the one in the movie Tommy. everything works, have schematics. This pinball machine is beautiful

capfan.jpg 40 KB

Yeah, right! The game was never in the movie "Tommy". It was made well after the flick came out.

1 week later
#7222 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've heard of that place.

th-2.jpeg 12 KB

My favorite line from that movie: "Joe Bob's Fine Foods. Eat here or I'll kill you!"

#7223 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

There is something about this machine that I've always liked. Is it better than Granada?

They're both very good games in their own right. Other than the art (which you either love or hate) they are totally different. "Granada" has two inch flippers, and "Spanish Eyes" has three inch flippers. I have both and I think they're great. I never had a problem with the artwork. It's rather unique.

#7225 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1974 Gottlieb Free Fall pinball machine - $649 (farmington)
hartford.craigslist.org link

Yeeech! Horribly repainted playfield on that game.

#7263 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Going.....going......probably gone by now.
Jacks Open in St Louis under the disguise of "old pinball machine". Just called the guy after the ad had been only posted an hour and he says there's already 2 guys there right now looking at it.
" target="_blank">stlouis.craigslist.org link
Here's the ad in case it get's deleted:
"Pinball machine old - $250
I have a very old pinball machine for sale only the top lights up the machine is
Jacks open and made by d.gottlieb call me or text need sell fast"
Someone will get a good game and a good deal here.

Nice for $250. Lotsa pins out there. Amazing!

1 week later
#7335 9 years ago

If you happen to dig up the remains of this game, it's not likely any of it will be recognizable after being in the ground for so long.

#7352 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I'm just looking for the name of it, and hoping the back glass is either intact or at least 'readable'.

If you find the glass, and it's intact, it will likely resemble a very dirty window pane.

#7437 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sky.Line Riverside, CA $1150.00
" target="_blank">inlandempire.craigslist.org link
This is my backyard. Opinions on this one?

So so as a player, although it can be pretty fast and furious. The only thing about it that I really don't like is that there is no strategy. Just keep the ball in play long enough, and you will get all the numbers and light the "wandering" special. The key is to keep the ball moving north-south. Once it goes east-west, it will readily drain. Very small flipper gap makes it easy to keep the ball alive. Drop dead gorgeous game though, with double backglass animation. That's a bit high for that game even though it's in nice condition. If you can get it for $850-900, that would be reasonable.

#7438 9 years ago

There seems to be minimal flipper swipe wear on that "Sky-Line". Just about all of them (and "North Star", and "Kings&Queens") have noticeable flipper swipe. This one looks pretty good indicating low plays.

#7445 9 years ago

Hey Chris. I was wondering what happened to you and PM'd a couple of your buds. Hope you're on the mend, and we miss your contributions here. Get well soon!

#7465 9 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Get well soon ccotenj
Also, Whatever happened to Pafasa?

And "Gerry"?

1 week later
#7558 9 years ago

Yeah, I don't like it when games are automatically repainted. Let them stay original if the paint is fairly decent. They're only original once, and the cabinet is a major component. If you replace the backglass or even the playfield, the original one still exists, but painting a cabinet is not reversible.

#7568 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I am not a fan of "Bright White" cabinet restorations. They just don't look right to me. Like you said, they certainly look out of place next to other "aged" games. I now use "satin heirloom white". It is clean but not too white, and it is also a satin finish so its not too shinny either.

Oddly though, the games were pretty much white white when new. I guess we're just not used to seeing them in pristine condition. I like an off white base as well. Pure white just doesn't look good on a vintage game.

#7589 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Bally Harvest 1964 - $200 (Morgantown)
lancaster.craigslist.org link

Fellow pinsider "80spit" listed this. It's on eBay too.

#7593 9 years ago
Quoted from Reddogger:

ACD
Atlantis
Magic City
Wizard
Flying Carpet

Sounds like a pinhead turning prepper. Can't say that I blame him the way the world is lookin' lately!

1 week later
#7638 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

1968 "Smoking Gun" pinball machine
" target="_blank">losangeles.craigslist.org link

It's really baffling how someone can't simply read the name of the game off the backglass and get it right!

#7669 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh my!
losangeles.craigslist.org link

Go there, offer them $900 and see what they say. A pinhead must have this gem!

#7681 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Only if they're one of the titles made for export only (like the games for the Italian market). Those are rarely seen here in the US.
Snow Queen was available here in the US, so being an export variant doesn't really enhance the value. The entry plate and coin mechs can be swapped out and put back to US style, although that would take away from the nice history of the game.

The export games very often have a plastic backglass. They usually hold up better than the glass ones, but they sometimes have a hole bored into them over the replay counter. This was done by players (probably with a sharp drill bit) who would insert something into the hole to ratchet up the replay counter, thus giving them free plays. I've even seen games that had a hole burned through presumably with a cigarette.

1 week later
#7769 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Flippers are a little out of wack, but the rest of the game is in great shape. Flippers are strong, they just need adjustment.

DSCN3076.JPG 209 KB

Oh, man. That is niiiiiccce!

#7787 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1961 Gottlieb Foto Finish wedgehead- $675 (Thornton)

Yow! If that were local, I'd grab it!

#7831 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1956 Gottlieb Showboat A shame on the cabinet.
delaware.craigslist.org link

Yeah, but not rare and not from 1956! That cabinet paint job is just pukey!

#7875 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Doesn't take much. My 1959 Rocket is now fully functional and ready for blast-off!

Space..... the final frontier. If only I had more of it!

2 weeks later
#8003 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I'm just guessing but it looks they they did a run of cabinets with the normal metal rail and they probably had some woodrail heads already produced?
I had a Queen of Diamonds with a metal rail conversion to go over the wood. It was much more bulky looking because it had to go over the wood rail and so it was wider on top. Let me see if I can attach a pic (probably not - waiting to hear back from Robin)

QD 008.JPG 242 KB

QD 014.JPG 94 KB

I have the same metal rail conversion on a "Wagon Train" I recently acquired. Silly though, they did nothing to the wooden trim around the head.

#8013 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Anyone need 80 cabinets with playfields for $12,000?
indianapolis.craigslist.org link

Yow! That's a lot of headless games. Too bad. Not worth that. He should be happy to get $50 a piece for them.

1 week later
#8050 9 years ago

The cabinet is fine by me. I'd leave it alone. Nice game!

#8089 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Saturday, November 22nd, 2014 at 12pm.(North Haven, CT)
Have a Wms Cue Ball Woodie.
jerseyshore.craigslist.org link

Shoulda, shoulda, shoulda, shoulda..... yeah, I shoulda been there. The "Cue Ball" went for $330. Of course if I was there I could have gotten involved in a bidding war, but my ceiling for that game would have been considerably higher.
(Is that the correct way to spell "shoulda"?)

1 week later
#8136 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Congratulations. I was in touch with the seller, but passed on it. Great title, descent price too. The cabinet and pf wear scared me off (not to mention the 5 hours round trip drive.) With a little work, it'll be a nice game.

Yeah, I drove about a three hour round trip to give it a look, but I passed on it as well. I was really on the fence; it was priced fairly, but just needed to be a hair better. He wouldn't go $500, and the extra $50 he wanted was just enough to make me pass it up. If I didn't already have a "Dimension", I probably would have taken it. Mine needs a cabinet, and this one's was just a bit too rough. Glad it got a good home and the kid sold it. I felt bad he got burned on the deal that gave him the two EMs. Hope he can sell tbe "Wild Card" he has.

#8139 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Wow Joe,
Looking at your pic...you've really aged!

My tribute to the great Wayne Neyens.

#8140 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

There's a Williams Super Flite on Northern NJ CL.
I contacted the seller two days ago and asked his price. He told me to make him an offer he can't refuse.
I told him that I would need to see the game.
Since then, I haven't heard back until now. He just told me that his highest offer is $400.00 and that I should offer him more than that.
I passed on the machine.
I don't play those games. If it's an auction he wants, he can go to ebay. I doubt that he even has the offer, but either way, I'm out.
If anyone is interested, here's the link.

Wayne?
Isn't this the guy who bought your "KOD"?

#8190 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

rumour has it that you can find some help on them thar old fashioned pinball machines around here...

WELCOME BACK!!!! I was just going to PM 'boilerman' to ask if he's heard from you.

#8209 9 years ago
Quoted from Reddogger:

1960 Williams Jungle
allentown.craigslist.org link

Well that didn't take long. Just called. It's already gone. It just walked out the door. What a deal!

#8218 9 years ago

Das niiiiiccce!

#8296 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is Dave from the Pinball Forever museum in Santa Ana. I purchased a couple of games from him at an auction he had a while back. I think it's getting a little hard to keep his doors open, so he is selling off his pride and joys. If you show a true enthusiasm and love for pinball and are not looking to make a quick buck, I'm sure he might work with you on the prices. He has had and cared for these machines for a long time. It must be hard to do what he has to do.

What is Dave's last name? I think I may have met him a few years ago at the Allentown show. There are so many Daves in this hobby, I can't keep them straight. If I heard his last name, I would remember it.

#8299 9 years ago

I heard his last name when I met him. I don't recall it at the moment, but if I heard it again, it would verify that it's the guy I met at Allentown. Nonetheless, I just played a video of his and I recognize his voice. He's the same guy I met. Nice guy. I remember him saying he wanted to open a pinball museum in California.

#8300 9 years ago

Odin- what games did you get from him?

#8302 9 years ago

I wonder who got "Queen of Hearts", "Lovely Lucy", "Knock-Out", and "Skill Pool".

#8329 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes! It arrived intact.
So I've got two guys saying "Don't break it!" and I hear a crash. Bob had set the box full of styrofoam popcorn on top of another machine and it came crashing down. Just another perfect day in paradise.

DSCN3293.JPG 103 KB

DSCN3295.JPG 74 KB

Was yours taped down to the cardboard (on the front, of course!). What a PITA to remove the tape. It left behind lots of tape adhesive that I had to tediously remove with alcohol, then finish with Windex. I'm thrilled that it arrived intact, but the tape was a bit much.

#8335 9 years ago

Protect the pins...the pins!!!

#8338 9 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Ok , lets get this back on track. Bally Odds and Evens in NJ .
cnj.craigslist.org link

Did you go and look at it?

#8349 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Do you have to climb the pole to make calls?

Oliver Douglas: "Lisa, it's Sam Drucker down at the general store. He says your order is in."
Lisa Douglas: "Vy sank you Olivah. You can come down now. I made your favorite for dinner. Codfish balls!"

#8351 9 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Joe, Did not go and look at it, actually didn't even call. Being very selective with what em's I purchase.

Just wondering because I have a friend who is hankering for a new playpin. Had his eye on a "Monte Carlo", but it didn't happen. Thought you might have an idea of what this one was like and maybe save us a trip. Probably will let it pass.

#8392 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I think this one this one is much better, and cheaper.
Ken

gin.jpg 50 KB

I don't often drink gin, but when I do, I prefer Bombay Sapphire.

#8393 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Sweet Hearts for $375 in OH (this should be a Boilerman special):
zanesville.craigslist.org link

Funny how sometimes the person repainting the game makes a semi-realistic attempt at reproducing the original artwork. It's like they blew away all the original paint, didn't take pictures, and then said "hmm, I think it kind of looked like this!"

#8396 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

If I was near Ohio I would snag that Sweet Hearts up so fast that there would be a blur behind me.

Yeah, huh? That's usually the case. Just too far away in the big ol' USA! One disadvantage here in the NE, if something good comes up, there's a large pool of pinheads ready to grab it up. You gotta be quick here!

#8433 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Here's my latest repaint, just finished this weekend. I think it's close Webbing isn't perfect, usually these are done too thick, in this case it's a little too thin. The lacquer was not thick enough, had to add corn starch and applied freeze spray to my spray reservoir to get it this thick.

IMG_4270.JPG 137 KB

IMG_4272.JPG 211 KB

IMG_4269.JPG 184 KB

Well, your repaint certainly doesn't fit that category. It looks great!

#8486 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Speaking of AABs, here's a Diamond Jack for $500:
northernwi.craigslist.org link
(Pretty sure this was listed before once.)

Still a good deal. I'd have grabbed that one since I have a glass for it.

#8487 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I prefer add a balls where there was no replay version. Why? Just because.

I prefer replay versions when there is no add-a-ball version. Why? Because it's pinball!

#8490 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

speak about gobble holes....you should see my wife eating!

Oh, boy!

#8500 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Speaking of gobble holes, every X-mas eve, to make my life easy, I pick up a large platter of food from Lucille's BBQ so that when my family gets together I don't have to fuss. But you must order several days in advance or no soup for you. I just got my order in.

Lucilles.jpg 74 KB

From "Lovely Lucy" to "Luscious Lucille's"!

Yeah, Silverman had a "Lovely Lucy" at one of his auctions. It was pretty nice. Wouldn't mind finding one of those myself.

#8532 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Ice Review in FL:
orlando.craigslist.org link

Yeah, but too bad it's in a "Slick Chick" cabinet. From looking at the map, I hope it's water-tight too.

1 week later
#8645 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Here ya go Chris-albany.craigslist.org link
Cabinet looks a bit rough, but a good deal if you are really looking for this title.....
Buyer beware of the seller though.....

George is OK in my book. Nice deal on that game. He had it at the York show. Yup, cabinet's a bit rough, but a tough to find game. I could have gotten it from him real cheap before he shopped it. Should have taken it.

#8665 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

hi-lo ace - make offer - west chester (pa)
looks pretty beat pf wise, but might be a good cheap score for someone who is just looking for a game to play and fiddle with...

image.jpg 41 KB

That's a $50 game to me. I bet he'd take it too.

#8667 9 years ago

It's part of a delay circuit. Has a resistor and diode on that little assembly as well. What game is the board from?

#8669 9 years ago

I know "Spin a Card", "Flip a Card", "Buccaneer" (and their AAB counterparts) plus a few others have this unit.

#8710 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Blue Chip for $225 in WV:
norfolk.craigslist.org link

That's almost as nice as Vic's!

#8711 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I revised my guess to Top Score. There are some decent pics of the motor board on IPDB. It has all the right criteria, plus someone already mentioned it. :-

Yup, that would be my guess as well. Red hole and yellow hole are the key clues.

#8756 9 years ago

Gin=mellowwwww!

#8794 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

sky divers - $300 - westfield (nj)
might be a good pickup for someone...
" target="_blank">newjersey.craigslist.org link

image.jpg 28 KB

I called about this one. I think it's gone.

#8795 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I believe it was once a Lucky Strike or Bowl-A-Strike.

Yup, sure looks like it was once a "Lucky Strike". You can tell it's not the add-a-ball version because it has the extra reel.

#8797 9 years ago

A side benefit to having a tube amp is that they double as a space heater on these chilly nights!

#8812 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Holy smokes! That should get some of the Gottlieb guys salivating. Rock Star or Blue Note?
Edit: Never mind, I'm wrong. Ha, ha. Sike! Swinger or Fun Fest with coffee table potential.

It's always depressing to see a pingame out at the curb no matter what it is.

#8813 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

gtb hit n run (woodie) - no price - north attleboro (ma)
" target="_blank">southcoast.craigslist.org link

image.jpg 22 KB

Talk about coincidence. I just happened to be going to North Attleboro, MA for work today. Took a little side trip if you know what I mean. Just got back. It's in the bag!

#8814 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This is my audiophile setup.

_mickey.jpg 24 KB

I didn't think they put any Zappa on 45's!

#8816 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

" target="_blank">hartford.craigslist.org link
Same for this one that clearly has had extensive not well executed, repaint on the blue area for one. Obvious planking nearby that must have been painted over too.
Don't get me wrong, cool game, but I would prefer one in original condition. Who knows what else has been hacked on it.......

I just picked up a woodie that was also described as being in excellent condition. The guy told me that it wouldn't need any restoration. Not bad for a 1952, but it'll need a full work over.

#8819 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

You wouldn't think so but...
ebay.com link » Frank Zappa Autographed Valley Girl Picture Sleeve 45 Near Mint

I knew someone would show me a Zappa 45. Yeah, "Valley Girl", and maybe "Dancin' Fool", but I seriously doubt they ever put "Rat Tomago" on a 45!

#8821 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

image-750.jpg 30 KB

Hmm. Now we're getting somewhere!

#8841 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

" target="_blank">hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link
potential.....

That's in my neck o' the woods, but I'm not interested in that pair at any price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 24.98
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
723 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jrpinball. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.