20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_in_nc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 11 years ago

The last bargain left in the hobby, classic EMs, I have a 50/50 mix of old and new school, enjoy them both. I'd love to have room for about 50 -100 of these and it would be affordable at the prices you can pick them up.

#75 11 years ago

Just One decimal point placement away from a fair price.

#95 11 years ago

$200 each as presented would be fair.

4 months later
#302 10 years ago

Not advertised but I have a Swing Along I am willing to move along.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-all-the-ems-fs#post-1013695

1 week later
#338 10 years ago
Quoted from textrivers:

Any Burlingtonians on Pinside? Two splendid-looking Williams machines for cheap:
burlington.craigslist.org link
I'd be looking into these if I didn't have so much negative dollars right now. Anybody ever play Expo? It looks kind of fun and kind of weird.

Worth 3x that easy. Someone grab these quick!

#341 10 years ago

Damn, 2001 for 250? RUN!!! Spanish eyes at 250 is good but wow, 2001 is a screaming deal.

#343 10 years ago

I love restoring these old EMs. Check out this classic Flipper Clown I am working on.

afterclear.jpgafterclear.jpg Cabpainted_003.jpgCabpainted_003.jpg

#372 10 years ago

Not price policing or anything but a restored C37 is easily worth $1700, that one is a $800 game at best (IMO)

1 month later
#645 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

chicago.craigslist.org link
$200 Sunshine woodrail would be a great parts machine or find the parts you need

Somebody PLEASE rescue this pin. I would have it in a second if it was in striking distance. For me striking distance on a $200 pin is one tank of gas or 200 miles one way. Anyone in the Chicago area willing to hold it for me? Been looking into expanding my collection into the 50s.

#647 10 years ago

Oops, just bought it... I asked for more pics, he sent a bunch and a gameplay vid! Nice backglass, decent playfield, missing a wood rail but it sort of plays! Any fellow EM lovers out there that can help a brotha from a different motha out? I need someone to snag it and stash it for me. He's giving me 30 days.

OT ,you have to love modern technology, I text'd the guy, he text me back, one phone call, asked for pics, he text them back, sent video, I looked, decided in 1 minute to buy it. Offer, acceptance, payment all done in the span of 15 minutes all done from my mobile device.

#650 10 years ago

I love this thread. It's like a pin pickin' treasure hunt Because of this pick-up, I need to let another project go. I have a Swing-Along I want to move, I bought it, fixed it, gave it a light shop job. Best playfield you have ever seen guaranteed. Backglass near perfect. Plastics perfect, clear and non-yellowed. First pin with spinners! Plays 100%. Redo the cabinet and it will be a museum piece. Located in Chapel Hill, NC

It had day 1 mylar at the arch and pops so there is zero ball wear in those usually grooved and rutted areas. My loss is truly someone elses gain. I just need to simplify and reduce my projects and am trying to get some more eclectic and older pins in the mix.

lightshop_001.jpglightshop_001.jpg lite-shoppingarch.JPGlite-shoppingarch.JPG lite-shoppingpops.JPGlite-shoppingpops.JPG

2 weeks later
#1091 10 years ago

I have to stop reading this thread. There are some smoking deals out there. Solar City, Easy Aces, Kilroy, even the Central Park might be had at a deal. I counted my projects, I have 8 or 9, I have to stop!

#1297 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Mystery game in NC:
raleigh.craigslist.org link
(These are fun to at least find out what they are - could be neat. Or not.)

I emailed the owner, "What is the name of the game?"

Answer...."Williams San Francisco 2 Player Ball in Play" LOL Obviously a pinball expert.

#1360 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well CL has been a little slow around here, but this just came up. Way too much money, but very cool just the same.
losangeles.craigslist.org link

I disagree on this being way too much money. This looks like a nicely restored game. Depending on the detail put into it, I could easily see someone paying that price in the right retail setting. We are wholesale buyers for the most part here though. I loved that game in my youth.

#1365 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I disagree on this being way too much money. This looks like a nicely restored game. Depending on the detail put into it, I could easily see someone paying that price in the right retail setting. We are wholesale buyers for the most part here though. I loved that game in my youth.

game.jpeggame.jpeg
For our friends up north.. eh? ebay.com link: ws

#1400 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Gottlieb Central Park Pinball Machine - $2750 (Cedar Creek, TX) pricey
austin.craigslist.org link

Nice restoration material at post restore pricing! I want one but not anywhere near that bad.

1 week later
#1519 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

race-way - $1900 - lebanon (pa)
southjersey.craigslist.org link
this looks WAY cool...

image.jpg 60 KB

That is Killer! So many cool old toys still around

#1521 10 years ago

That thing is awesome. I already talked to the owner. Not seeing it happen so far

#1540 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

"good condition for their age, they just need a few touchups"...

Probably just a fuse

1 week later
#1927 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A non-wedgehead gottlieb single player- Spin-A Card
inlandempire.craigslist.org link

This is one on my want list, too bad it's over priced by $1500

#1939 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Spin a card...in that condition 500 tops.

Posted a WTB for one, anyone know of a fair priced one available, LMK. I have trade bait or government certificates.

#1941 10 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

I know this isn't an EM but thought it needed to be posted anyways
Old Coney Island $1,300 and only missing one board!
myrtlebeach.craigslist.org link
Best part is that it was listed previously several times at $1,000. Guess they thought the problem was they weren't asking enough?

He figures he'll have more wiggle room for negotiation I guess.

#1962 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was a short moment in time, my friend.

hugo_a_man_of_a_thousand_faces.j... 29 KB

Dress me Mini Me?

#1974 10 years ago

What's this restored El Dorado worth?

New Wade Kraus PF, new plastics, posts, targets, drops, basically everything on the PF is new but the metal that is polished to a high shine. Cab repainted to original (correctly) and a new Shay BG. All new cabinet hardware, door, bezel, strike plate, new 31" legs and levelers

restoredandlit.JPGrestoredandlit.JPG

#1977 10 years ago

I probably don't want to know. I restored it, sold it to a guy in Australia that's buying every El Dorado he can get. Gone now, paid for 1/2 my Hobbit LE so that's cool. I tend to get attached to the short flipper EMs more. Every long flipper EM I ever had, I sold. CF, Old Chicago, El Dorado,

#1988 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

3500-4000 dollar IMHO

Fair enough, I believe I got right in the middle of that range if I recall correctly. I got the base machine for $200, spent $1800 on it and probably 160 hours total.

#2025 10 years ago

Designed by a 12 year old girl with ADD. Wow! what an eye full that thing is. Looks fun!

1 week later
#2203 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

$200 Sunshine woodrail would be a great parts machine or find the parts you need

Sweeeet!, just got the game delivered to NC from Chicago, thanks to Don of "pinballs on the move". I have been searching high and low for the metal lane guides that were missing from the game in the picture. I drilled the lock out and what do I find inside? All 10 metal lane guides, a schematic, and the 3 missing posts!! Niiice. Playfield is great, no paint wear through even at the pops. Backglass is super and the cabinet is solid. This will be an easy restore.

#2233 10 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

I didn't see the actual cabinet, but I did see the backbox and glass on the back of Don's truck and it looked really nice. Don was also dropping off a machine at my place from the Chicago show. Congrats John!

It keeps getting better, it's really nice under the grime. Someone taped over the gobble holes with scotch and masking tape. Lots of goo on the pf. After a few minutes of Magic Eraser work it's showing me something. It's going to clean up beautifully.

littleME.jpglittleME.jpg
#2236 10 years ago

Yes, he's asking $900 though. Cab looks like it was wallpapered.
raleigh.craigslist.org link I'm $350 into this one so far. I need a lockdown and a side rail.

#2276 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And $300 for a NOS p/f as well - seems too good to be true.......

Quoted from Pin-it:

This one looks nice for the price.
Gottlieb Corral
cnj.craigslist.org link

corral.JPG 72 KB

!@#$%@ too many projects but I can't resist, email sent. I hope it's gone!!

#2280 10 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Glad you pulled the trigger. Been looking at this for 2 days, but need to start on my newly acquired Mars Trek.

So far so good, no response... lol

#2307 10 years ago

No but dammit, found another one local. Ship Mates greensboro.craigslist.org link I actually sold the guy his replacement transformer. Guess I'm buying it back.

#2466 10 years ago

The Ship-Mates I picked up yesterday has art missing from the roto-target cover. Is that printed directly on the metal or is that a plastic over it?
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2120&picno=34813&zoom=1

#2469 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it is printed on the metal.

Looks like I need to make a decal if I want to put it back. I seriously doubt there are any of these laying around NOS.

#2519 10 years ago

One of my first EMs was Lucky Hand. Pretty uncommon but I have seen many of them over the years. I'm starting to appreciate AAB games more and more.

#2523 10 years ago

Much OT but that's good, my project queue is FULL. This thread is dangerous.

#2782 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

wow... i want one of these, and it isn't that far away... i wonder how much "tinkering" would be needed and how many unobtanium parts it would need? it appears to be in good physical condition...
alex? whataya think? running man, 2 player, upper deck with ramps for $650 reasonable, assuming the "tinkering" isn't too much of a pita? also consider that it would cost me about $200 to transport it...

I would seriously consider it if it were 250 miles closer. Animated runners, upper deck, good deal IMO

#2826 10 years ago

Couldn't resist cleaning up the playfield on my recent CL pick-up Ship-Mates. Needed touch-up at the shoot again insert, it was sunken down and the trailing edge was down to wood, all the red was gone. The rest of the pf cleaned up nice. The underside is next but this machine is about #4 in the queue to get done.

IMG_3195.JPGIMG_3195.JPG

IMG_3181.JPGIMG_3181.JPG
#2829 10 years ago

Thanks ,got your parts boxed and ready to go as well.

2 weeks later
#3044 10 years ago

Williams Stop N Go

This one piqued my interest but the project queue is full. I talked to the guy, he is flexible on price. Really wants an air hockey table to replace it if you have one to trade.

#3047 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I agree. That and the swinging target make it look pretty cool. The front of the cabinet looks so rough though. You sure you can't go get it John?

No room at the inn. However after Christmas I will have started a 2nd game room in the kids bonus room above the garage. Putting a Hoop fever b-ball game and NBAFB up there.

#3053 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Yikes.
newjersey.craigslist.org link

Drop one zero from the price and he might sell it.

#3063 10 years ago

curse you red baron.jpgcurse you red baron.jpg

#3243 10 years ago

I look at them as much as play them. Playable pieces of art. Someone before me must have said it but It's my favorite way to describe the hobby.

#3344 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Paul Bunyan and jubilee pinball - $1000 (Camarillo )
Uhh, whats in the outlanes of these 2 machines,rubber donuts?
ventura.craigslist.org link

Lol roller blade wheels.

#3347 10 years ago

Very nice machine. Price seems a bargain for the level of restore.

1 week later
#3508 10 years ago

I have a spare wedgehead cabinet top, would trade for Gott woodrail lockdown bar..

2 weeks later
#3876 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Well, from what I can tell, he's up to $522 for what he has sold so far off the Sing Along.
People have been paying him some crazy money for his hardware lots when he parts a machine. So, I guess he will keep doing it.
Too bad.

I have mixed feelings about it. I will go above and beyond to save a game, certainly to my financial detriment but every parted out game goes toward saving others. Now if you gut a machine to make a coffee table, you should be shot. I have parted out only one machine, a 1970 Gottlieb "Baseball" that was a mouse urinal and falling apart. By the way, anyone need rails? BG? transformer or wedge head box? I have a couple other parts, pm if you need something.

1 week later
#3960 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

1968 Spin Wheel. Repainted, but looks nice for the money.

I have repainted two of these, Fun pin!! Too cheap for the work it takes.

cab-before-after.JPGcab-before-after.JPG
SpinWheel_2 041.jpgSpinWheel_2 041.jpg

1 week later
#4100 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

1971 Williams-Klondike Pinball Machine
kansascity.craigslist.org link
I spoke with the seller. He wants $300 and is firm there. He insists that the backglass is great and that the pictures are just taken with poor lighting. Probably a decent price overall but too much for me considering the drive and the backglass.
He says it hasn't been played in years and that when the center eject hole quit kicking out was the last time it was played. I'd love another Klondike but it doesn't look like this will be the one.

Stevie Wonder would love that backglass...

#4114 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Flip-A-Card Pinball - $250 (Frederick area)
Spin-A-Card $200
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

G-D it!! 2 more projects in the queue but I have been wanting a Spin-A-Card!

He seems like a nice guy, anyone can transport these south to NC for me?

#4133 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

G-D it!! 2 more projects in the queue but I have been wanting a Spin-A-Card!
He seems like a nice guy, anyone can transport these south to NC for me?

My simple desire for a Spin A Card has spun me out of control. It lead me to a 7 possibly 8 pin deal. Picking them all up Sunday. If anyone needs a pin transported from NC north toward MD lmk. I'll have an empty truck and trailer headed up.
Titles I'm getting:
Spin A Card
Flip A Card
Kicker
Genie
Power Play
Scuba
Mayfair - just added

All presumed projects. LMK if anyone wants one or two of these, I'll cut them a decent deal.

#4137 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Heyyyy hey, no sniping

#4139 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I wouldn't sell the 2001 - it would be a keeper to me. The most drop targets ever on a GTB plus 2" flippers makes it a special game. The backglass has also been repro'd by Ron Webb along with new plastics from Pinball Rescue.

I had one already might hold on to this one if it's nice

#4148 10 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So if this is a good deal im really close could easily pick them up ?

sold.. to me

#4163 10 years ago

Tomorrow I am picking up:
Gott Genie SS
Bally Power Play SS
CC Kicker EM
Gott Spin A Card EM
Gott Flip A Card EM
Gott 2001
Gott Scuba EM
Gott Mayfair EM
Likely will be looking to sell Scuba, Flip A Card, Bally Power Play and probably Genie a wide body.
Make an offer on these and I may be able to deliver between MD and NC (Boilerman has first refusal rights on Flip A Card since he already spoke up, waiting to hear back)

#4165 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Tomorrow I am picking up:
Gott Genie SS
Bally Power Play SS
CC Kicker EM
Gott Spin A Card EM
Gott Flip A Card EM
Gott 2001
Gott Scuba EM
Gott Mayfair EM
Likely will be looking to sell Scuba, Flip A Card, Bally Power Play and probably Genie a wide body.
Make an offer on these and I may be able to deliver between MD and NC (Boilerman has first refusal rights on Flip A Card since he already spoke up, waiting to hear back)

Flip A Card spoken for

#4167 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Sounds like boilerman is going to have a Flip a Card in the house

Actually he didn't respond to my offers, Scuba is sold as well.

#4170 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Did the 2001 turn out to be pretty nice John? Most have been played a lot on location.

I hope so, I'll see them all tomorrow.

#4197 10 years ago

I have several project pins available after my warehouse (trailer) raid I can deliver to Winston Salem Auction 2/15

Spin-A-Card, poor BG poor pf, no head door. $175 (I was real disappointed on this once I dug it out. Looking for a better pf and bg is anyone has one I can use to restore it. The rest I can handle)
Bally Hi-Lo Ace cracked BG but usable, average pf, complete except head door $175
Genie great BG, fair pf, Complete $650
Kicker I think I'll keep
Take 2 knock off $50 minimum.

IMG_3510.JPGIMG_3510.JPG
IMG_3511.JPGIMG_3511.JPG
IMG_3512-397.JPGIMG_3512-397.JPG
IMG_3514.JPGIMG_3514.JPG
IMG_3515-173.JPGIMG_3515-173.JPG
IMG_3516.JPGIMG_3516.JPG
IMG_3517.JPGIMG_3517.JPG
IMG_3518.JPGIMG_3518.JPG
IMG_3519.JPGIMG_3519.JPG
IMG_3520.JPGIMG_3520.JPG
IMG_3521-214.JPGIMG_3521-214.JPG

#4200 10 years ago

If it sells, No, if it does not, I'm looking for parts to fix it

#4228 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

That is just way too tempting. Shouldn't last long.

I would be tempted if closer.

#4250 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I have several project pins available after my warehouse (trailer) raid I can deliver to Winston Salem Auction 2/15
Spin-A-Card, poor BG poor pf, no head door. $175 (I was real disappointed on this once I dug it out. Looking for a better pf and bg is anyone has one I can use to restore it. The rest I can handle)
Bally Hi-Lo Ace cracked BG but usable, average pf, complete except head door $175
Genie great BG, fair pf, Complete $650
Kicker I think I'll keep
Take 2 knock off $50 minimum.

IMG_3510.JPG 87 KB

IMG_3511.JPG 96 KB

IMG_3514.JPG 73 KB

IMG_3512-397.JPG 75 KB

IMG_3515-173.JPG 76 KB

IMG_3517.JPG 60 KB

IMG_3516.JPG 97 KB

IMG_3518.JPG 78 KB

IMG_3519.JPG 87 KB

IMG_3520.JPG 70 KB

IMG_3521-214.JPG 69 KB

All pins sold!

#4311 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

Thanks hoov, I have always wondered how much they cost. I think the rate of inflation must also be considered because today's money isn't worth as much.
I went to:
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
I plugged in the figures to convert $750 in 1974 to 2014. Adjusted for 372% inflation, that Atlantis was about $3,500.
I wondered how that is for new pinballs today?
I went to one of Stern.com's consumer retailers and found a new Transformer pin for around $5,000. Those are completely different machines but I found it interesting to research.

If the game was kept in the crate perfectly preserved, I bet it would fetch $3500 today.

#4375 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

part of a machine anyway... a head from a "worlds fair"... $130... might be useful to someone...
newjersey.craigslist.org link

image-563.jpg 61 KB

That glass looks great. Worth the ask right there. If I were closer I'd grab it.

#4377 10 years ago
Quoted from cjmiller:

It looks restored judging from the webbing,

You are correct, it has been repainted. There should be no webbing on the white bars inside the blue.

#4406 10 years ago

So far, this thread has led me to 10 pinball machine purchases (2 deals) a Sunshine from Chicago and spin and flip a card deal in Maryland that blew up into a 9 pin transaction. Anyone else have a tally?

#4475 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I recently played a 32ft MBA contact bowler...
Holy shit is that fun...it absolutely is the closest thing you will ever get to real bowling !

That MBA is big bucks if you can find one. Makes my 13' bowler look like a shuffle bowler.

#4524 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

thanks hoov... i was in the middle of cooking dinner and was too lazy to link the other ones...
might be worth a shot for someone... they look pretty decent...

Very fair pricing too IMO

#4623 10 years ago

Concentrate your searches on NC to FL, I'm making a road trip next week and need another pin to ride to make it worthwhile. You buy it, I'll fly it.

#4747 10 years ago

Speaking of roller coasters, did you know they made roller coaster themed pinball machines?

1 week later
#4883 10 years ago

Picked this up today, Very nice pf, near mint BG. Crisp cabinet and coin door!

vulcan.JPGvulcan.JPG
#4885 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Very nice. That one had been listed for sale for a couple months now. Was wondering why no one had gotten it yet.
If only a Fire Queen would pop up around here...

He was trying to sell it for over a year. As you can see he was a bit high on his price expectations. Reality finally set in. I paid more than I usually would but is is really nice.

#4888 10 years ago

So dates on a machine dates it? Good to know, lol

#4890 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

1973 JACK IN THE BOX EM PINBALL - $3200 (Northbrook)
Excellent Condition Gottlieb 4 Player EM Pinball Machine.
10 CLOWN DROP TARGETS , 4 FLIPPERS . 2 KICK OUT HOLES
2 POP BUMPERS NEAR THE LOWER FLIPPERS MAKES THIS GAME VERY UNIQUE AND HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE .`
PLAY FIELD AND BACK GLASS ARE IN GREAT SHAPE . THE SEXIEST BACKGLASS MADE BY ARTIST GORDON MORISON.
SEE OTHER EXAMPLES AT PINRESCUE FOR $ 4,800 OR PINBALL DATABASE.
A GREAT COLORFUL PINBALL MACHINE WITH GREAT ACTION. Call Ken $ 3,200 Cash Only

jitb.jpg 18 KB

That guy needs to fix his sticky "0" key on his computer.

#4949 10 years ago

Glad I'm not closer! I would want that Surfer/Surf champ and likely many more. Must resist, 6 projects already waiting!

#4956 10 years ago

100 pages, that's got to be a record for a thread.

#4981 10 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

If I had the means to take all of them- my opening offer ( sight unseen aside from photos) would be $3,200.00- $4,000 or $100- $125 each- keeping in mind some might be in much worse shape that others and some might be "unsalvageable". You can work up from there, but be sure to have cash in hand- it is a great motivator to see a pile of bills under your nose. Also makes sence from a buyers prospective to let them all go at once rather then have to get good money for the first 5 or 6, so-so money for the next ten and then bargan basement dollars for the remainging titles. Just my 2 cents...

$100 per machine to $200 per max.

3 weeks later
#5345 9 years ago

It's been over a day since the last post, whaaaaaaat?
Bean town "Far Out" for barter
boston.craigslist.org link

#5383 9 years ago

Are EM Gun Game posts ok here? Love to get a heads up on those, they are VERY popular in my game room. I get more offers on them than my pins.

#5450 9 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

Gottlieb Pinball Machine - $400
wichitafalls.craigslist.org link
Gottlieb's 2001 Pinball Machine
Early 1970's
Good working condition, currently set for free play

2001.jpg 28 KB

That's a $500 on up game all day long

#5535 9 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

Captain
southjersey.craigslist.org link
I know everyone loves it, but $3500?
Really

Not everybody, I thought I loved it until I restored one, played it and realized it was too easy and not that much fun to play. It is iconic, I'll give you that but I was happy to see mine go for what I thought was fair money (less than 1/2 this guy's)

3 weeks later
#5678 9 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

Knocked down to $150............. winstonsalem.craigslist.org link

I sold that project to that guy. He's not making anything at that price. I know where you can get a repop BG too.

#5695 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

mata hari - $2000 - hagerstown (md)
don't see one of these every day...
westmd.craigslist.org link

image-358.jpg 19 KB

Supposed to be only 170 of these in the EM flavor, I think that's BS. I have seen several, restored one. All the same 2k is a reasonable ask.

2 weeks later
#5816 9 years ago
Quoted from funtimewithdave:

Well somebody got the $125 Soccer in Philly, post is down

If anyone needs parts for Soccer I have them, got a parted out unit in a multi pin deal, have 99% of the PF and some head mechs.

#5866 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

thoro bred - $300 - morgantown (pa?)
philadelphia.craigslist.org link

image-495.jpg 27 KB

Great price on this title. I had one of these, very fun pin, first one with "shoot again" feature too.

#5925 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I always wondered about that and never considered Happy Days to be a science fiction show until the other night when I saw the episode where Mork landed for the first time. I think he might have had something to do with transporting that Nip-It also.

Kinda OT but Happy Days was quite entertaining but at a certain point they ran out of material. After all where do you think the phrase "Jumped the shark" came from?

220px-Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG220px-Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG
#5980 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

solar city - $350 - virginia beach (va)
assuming its all there, this looks to be a pretty good deal...
norfolk.craigslist.org link

image-787.jpg 42 KB

I called, ready to buy on pics alone, looks like someone is coming out tomorrow to see/buy. Didn't want to snake the deal from anyone so I told him to LMK if it does not happen. Thank goodness, I have too many of these projects already.

1 month later
#6566 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Gottlieb Spin Wheel
$425 (tucker)
Not bad.
atlanta.craigslist.org link

Great game, I have 2 of these! This one had a cab repaint that if you didn't know better looks good but the pattern is totally wrong. Here's my repaint Vs theirs. I don't blame them I repainted both of mine. MANY many edges to tape off. hours invested.

finished.JPGfinished.JPG
spun.jpgspun.jpg

paintedcab1.JPGpaintedcab1.JPG
#6568 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What's a good offer for a rescue candidate like this? The field looks good, but it needs troubleshooting and a cab repaint. Plus, it's not all that collectible. I was thinking $250; I might try that and see what happens.

I paid $200 each for a pair that were in worse shape than that. so $250-$350 would be fair IMO. I can tell you one thing, it may not be considered collectible but I like to play it more than most my EMs. It has a luck factor that makes it fun to play between players with mismatched skills. Not a drain monster, you can have some decent ball times allowing spins to even up lopsided scores. If you get it, I can loan you my pattern for repaint.

bodybluemasking.JPGbodybluemasking.JPG

cab-before-after.JPGcab-before-after.JPG Inlineup 002.jpgInlineup 002.jpg
#6586 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Awesome EM row, John!

Thanks man, time to restock my restored pins, just Spin wheel left. Have plenty of really cool projects waiting.

#6616 9 years ago

This one is mine FS - Star Pool (sale pending)

#6618 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm debating whether to go to W-S; when is it? I can't find a link on the web with info.

August 2

1 week later
#6793 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1959 Gottlieb Miss Annabelle $975 (Joppa ) Project anyone?
baltimore.craigslist.org link

For 1/4 the ask I'd be interested.

#6796 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Really? It sounds like it has over $400 worth of new goodies with it already.

You are correct, I didn't read the text, 1/2 the ask if it has real nice potential. I applied my $200 for project pin rule prematurely.

#6834 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That game in that condition is maybe $450. The playfield looks like it has wear, but it's hard to tell. That game usually has a lot of cracking and planking on the playfield. It's hard to tell the condition of the backglass too, but it's tough to find a good one on that title.

I just sold a project Mini Pool for $135, guess I'm just giving these away

#6836 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

If it were complete, yes I'd say that was a bargain. I passed on a decent non-working example for $300 a few years back and always wondered if I made a mistake.

Just doing my part to keep it real

#6868 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1952 Gottlieb Sunshine $450 (Lebanon) Cabinet repaint.
indianapolis.craigslist.org link

Sunshine is a 58 cool woodie, have one in my shop queue.

#6871 9 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

Wish me luck...email sent
Actually, I see getting this thing cleaned up and giving to my nephew who recently flew out of the nest... this should go good with his bed, couch, and TV he has in his new apartment….pretty much just like I did 30 something years ago with a Jet Spin…hahahaha

You better get it! it's within striking distance for me. NO email sent

#6875 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i emailed with no response!
jungle queen is a good multiplayer

Heyy, I thought there was an unwritten "no snaking" rule here but then again, I wouldn't repost anything I'm interested in until it either comes to be or gets shot down.

#6877 9 years ago

I hope one of you guys get it!

#6943 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1964 Gottlieb "Big Top" - $650 (Melville) Not much info.
newyork.craigslist.org link

I had one of these, picked it up for a fair price, nice BG but there was a collector looking for that specific (rare) title that wanted it more than I needed another project so I let it go. Nice looking game AAB with 4 flippers.

#6969 9 years ago

Anyone in the market for a really nice original 2001? Drop target heaven wedgehead, plays great with a couple minor issues. I had 1, sold it, just got another. Rather than put it in my restore queue which is now getting years long, I would like to trade it for a title I have not had. Interested in "A" title 60s Gottliebs. Projects OK, just not one I have already had. EXCEPTIONAL shape on this particular game. Backglass near perfect if not. PF best I've seen. Cabinet is super nice for the age. It would be a shame to "restore" it as I tend to do. PM me if interested. Located in central NC

2001-1.jpg2001-1.jpg
2001-2.jpg2001-2.jpg
2001-3.jpg2001-3.jpg
2001-4.jpg2001-4.jpg
2001-5.jpg2001-5.jpg

#6977 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

John, did you buy your 2001 from Chad in NC?

Yes, I sold it to him, asked if he wanted to sell it, call me, he did. Bought it back. In too good a shape and rare condition to let it slip away. I'm happy to keep it, just looking for options to mix it up a bit since I had one already.

#6988 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I always liked that one, but I think you're juuuuust a bit far away for me, unfortunately

Never say never, I'm coming to Lake of the Ozarks later this year.

#6996 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Anyone in the market for a really nice original 2001? Drop target heaven wedgehead, plays great with a couple minor issues. I had 1, sold it, just got another. Rather than put it in my restore queue which is now getting years long, I would like to trade it for a title I have not had. Interested in "A" title 60s Gottliebs. Projects OK, just not one I have already had. EXCEPTIONAL shape on this particular game. Backglass near perfect if not. PF best I've seen. Cabinet is super nice for the age. It would be a shame to "restore" it as I tend to do. PM me if interested. Located in central NC

2001-1.jpg 228 KB

2001-2.jpg 185 KB

2001-5.jpg 120 KB

2001-3.jpg 207 KB

2001-4.jpg 168 KB

I under estimated the demand on this thing. I have a deal pending on it, sorry for those late to the party.

1 week later
#7152 9 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Interesting... Except that clowns are creepy... haha

00n0n_9jZTq5Qy2qB_600x450.jpg 25 KB

#7153 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Hit it Stevie.
» YouTube video

We lost a GREAT talent when we lost him. Big fan.

#7162 9 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

24 years ago this August 27th... My how time flies...

No way..Damn sure does

#7264 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Going.....going......probably gone by now.
Jacks Open in St Louis under the disguise of "old pinball machine". Just called the guy after the ad had been only posted an hour and he says there's already 2 guys there right now looking at it.
stlouis.craigslist.org link
Here's the ad in case it get's deleted:
"Pinball machine old - $250
I have a very old pinball machine for sale only the top lights up the machine is
Jacks open and made by d.gottlieb call me or text need sell fast"
Someone will get a good game and a good deal here.

Glad it was over 400 miles away. I have enough projects. Getting tired of using that excuse. Time to get motivated and finish my ship-mates.

IMG_3195.JPGIMG_3195.JPG
4 weeks later
#7551 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nothing like original patina. That's what I look for.

You are a purist, I personally like a real nice original but prefer perfect / minty looking classic EMs in my line-ups. Different strokes.
BeforeRestore 006.jpgBeforeRestore 006.jpg
IMG_3017.JPGIMG_3017.JPG
Cab front before.jpgCab front before.jpg
Cabfinished 004.jpgCabfinished 004.jpg

#7554 9 years ago

I like getting them cheap and making them look new. I almost dislike getting a really nice original cabinet. It's (almost) a crime to redo it.
cab-before-after.JPGcab-before-after.JPG

#7560 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I can't stand looking at my slick chick. Its soooooo stark white and the webbing is very heavy. I may actually have the repaint repainted - otherwise I'm just going to have to sell it. Good money after bad for sure, since I overpaid for this thing in the first place as I was caught in a rush...

WIN_20140923_182435.JPG 75 KB

I avoid white white with my repaints. I match what is under the rail as close as possible and NEVER use krylon webbing. I prefer "Montana Spider Effect" comes in black and silver and applied correctly is nearly identical to original webbing.
cabfix 069.jpgcabfix 069.jpg

#7567 9 years ago

The Montana is easy, it comes in a high pressure can. Trick is to move it FAST at the right distance. My first attempt I went a bit heavy but it's a great improvement over what I started with. I have since gotten better at it.
cab-before-after2.jpgcab-before-after2.jpg

2 weeks later
#7691 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Parts anyone?
-Ship Mates EM cabinet and playfield sold as set. $50
- Buckaroo EM playfield. Complete plastic set of non broken plastics included. $150
-Sky Line EM wedgehead complete head and very nice backglass. This unit has both full sets of animated backglass parts included. $175

Had me excited for a minute, I need a minty Ship-mates BG, no joy but I did see something that is prompting me to do some research. That cabinet looks like it fits the theme but is completely different from my Ship-Mates paint job. Mine is certainly original. Wonder if they did 2 flavors...

Edit, looks like somebody did a repaint on the body available in DC, could have fooled me had I not known better.

sm-alt.JPGsm-alt.JPG sm-on-ipdb-and-mine.JPGsm-on-ipdb-and-mine.JPG
#7698 9 years ago

I'm liking that Sea Shore. Would go nice with my Ship-Mates, I think I may start a roto target themed line-up some day. Though this one is too far away.

#7724 9 years ago

I am a Gottlieb guy but picked up a Bally Rocket III in a package deal. Too many projects so I am passing this on. It's a working project 1967 single player Rocket III

Plays and scores.
The good, Plays good, It's a sought after zipper flipper with space theme. Boston pinball says 700-1300 value. I test cleaned the playfield and it will clean up great! See the red and blue by the left sling and to the left of the top pop. All the plastics are present and intact. Cabinet and playfield is solid. The game is 100% complete and all major features work great from what I can see. The bad, It is filthy inside, needs a major cleaning. The cabinet was poorly repainted, needs repainting to original. This was reportedly in a flood for an hour when the previous owner fished it out and went through heroic efforts to save the game. He succeeded. The backglass has flaking at the bottom. If you are looking for a winter project and want maximum satisfaction, this is the ticket. Loads of potential. Can bring to Winston Salem auction in December. Asking $300. PF glass is cracked in corner, will provide a decent used glass for it or I'll provide a new one for $30. (provided it's standard size, I'm not a Bally guy, dunno)

IMG_4085.JPGIMG_4085.JPG
IMG_4086.JPGIMG_4086.JPG
IMG_4087.JPGIMG_4087.JPG
IMG_4089.JPGIMG_4089.JPG
IMG_4090.JPGIMG_4090.JPG
IMG_4091.JPGIMG_4091.JPG
IMG_4092.JPGIMG_4092.JPG
IMG_4093.JPGIMG_4093.JPG
IMG_4094.JPGIMG_4094.JPG
rocket.JPGrocket.JPG

#7733 9 years ago

Sold pending transport logistics arrangement.

Quoted from John_in_NC:

I am a Gottlieb guy but picked up a Bally Rocket III in a package deal. Too many projects so I am passing this on. It's a working project 1967 single player Rocket III » YouTube video
The good, Plays good, It's a sought after zipper flipper with space theme. Boston pinball says 700-1300 value. I test cleaned the playfield and it will clean up great! See the red and blue by the left sling and to the left of the top pop. All the plastics are present and intact. Cabinet and playfield is solid. The game is 100% complete and all major features work great from what I can see. The bad, It is filthy inside, needs a major cleaning. The cabinet was poorly repainted, needs repainting to original. This was reportedly in a flood for an hour when the previous owner fished it out and went through heroic efforts to save the game. He succeeded. The backglass has flaking at the bottom. If you are looking for a winter project and want maximum satisfaction, this is the ticket. Loads of potential. Can bring to Winston Salem auction in December. Asking $300. PF glass is cracked in corner, will provide a decent used glass for it or I'll provide a new one for $30. (provided it's standard size, I'm not a Bally guy, dunno)

IMG_4086.JPG 177 KB

IMG_4085.JPG 163 KB

IMG_4087.JPG 186 KB

IMG_4090.JPG 174 KB

IMG_4091.JPG 178 KB

IMG_4089.JPG 167 KB

IMG_4092.JPG 178 KB

rocket.JPG 7 KB

IMG_4093.JPG 183 KB

IMG_4094.JPG 158 KB

#7735 9 years ago

Ha, Had another buyer in Florida, Disney world maybe? Actually staying semi local in NC

#7739 9 years ago

FS Another working Project, 69 Gottlieb College Queens

Starts up & plays, scores all targets correctly, pops & flippers all work, Vari target relase latches on right when left target hit?? Scores, plays on 3 of 4 players. Have schematics. Another of the flood rescues I picked up. Dirty inside body, Badly painted cabinet, poorly touched up backglass, cabinet bottom needs work, reinforced by previous owner. Decent playfield, all plastics intact. Plays like I said. Complete machine down to back door. Worth more in parts than asking price, $250. Can bring to W/S auction in December Cleaned the right girl's face, did a little smear method to fill in planking, looks decent. Very workable project. Good one to practice on. Nobody wants it, I'll part it out. Unfortunately worth more dead than alive but I hate to kill a working machine.

IMG_4095.JPGIMG_4095.JPG IMG_4096.JPGIMG_4096.JPG IMG_4097.JPGIMG_4097.JPG IMG_4098.JPGIMG_4098.JPG IMG_4099.JPGIMG_4099.JPG IMG_4100.JPGIMG_4100.JPG IMG_4101.JPGIMG_4101.JPG IMG_4102.JPGIMG_4102.JPG
1 week later
#7839 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Ooh, and they say in the ad they just want it gone. I hate beating people up on what's already a good deal but that just leaves them wide open.

Damn nice playfield. I'd be all over that if it was 700 miles closer.

1 week later
#7914 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Why hasn't this sold yet?
morgantown.craigslist.org link
(Gottlieb Sunshine for $250)
Maybe the ad is just stale.

It's sold, ad is old

#7948 9 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

My latest Craigslist acquisition
About as good as you're going to find for a 74 year old machine. At $100, did i pay too much?
Look at the wiring, bright colors

Beautiful! Museum quality! I'll give you $150 for it

3 weeks later
#8104 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Gottlieb Mibs Just Serviced - $585 (Marlton) southjersey.craigslist.org link

That is a good deal...

1 week later
#8203 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sailing, sailing....
losangeles.craigslist.org link

Rare cause it's a one or two-off Bank-A-Ball rethemed. Not sure it's worth more or less than a BAB in same condition. Worth less to me but someone might like it.

1 week later
#8403 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Funny how sometimes the person repainting the game makes a semi-realistic attempt at reproducing the original artwork. It's like they blew away all the original paint, didn't take pictures, and then said "hmm, I think it kind of looked like this!"

Here's my latest repaint, just finished this weekend. I think it's close Webbing isn't perfect, usually these are done too thick, in this case it's a little too thin. The lacquer was not thick enough, had to add corn starch and applied freeze spray to my spray reservoir to get it this thick.

IMG_4272.JPGIMG_4272.JPG IMG_4270.JPGIMG_4270.JPG IMG_4269.JPGIMG_4269.JPG
#8406 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Looks pretty good, like you said, perhaps webbing a bit thin. Where did you spray it, in your garage/basement? Outside? Also, looks like Elmo approves, and are those cat treats I spy on the table? Perhaps you should have a cat Avatar?!

Meh, I'm a dog kind of guy, the cats are my wife's and daughters but I get to keep the litterbox and feeding area in my workshop since it's in a remote part of the house.

I spray outside except small jobs like the stenciled patterns.

#8471 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Speaking of AABs, here's a Diamond Jack for $500:
northernwi.craigslist.org link
(Pretty sure this was listed before once.)

Sold, would have bought it even though it's 1200 miles away.

#8513 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

world fair - $1300 - maryland (dc area)
pf and bg appear to be really nice on this... maybe a bit overpriced, but if the cosmetics are as decent as they appear, one of the nicer bg/pf's i've seen on one...

image-873.jpg 21 KB

A bit overpriced, the backglass is pretty faded and damaged at the top. I paid 1/10 that for mine pre-restore. It's gone but not forgotten. Went across the pond.

Finalpics 007.jpgFinalpics 007.jpg
IMG_3619.JPGIMG_3619.JPG

#8521 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

<blockquote
Need to keep it in my garage for a bit while I work on it. Bring the backglass in the house out of the cold? Playfield OK in the cold temps short term? Came from a garage anyway...
Transition the backglass from the garage to the house the best you can. In the garage, wrap the back glass in a heavy blanket, and take it right to the coolest room in the house or basement - when the glass is in the house for an hour and used to the new temperature/humidity take the blanket off. Then, if you want to move the glass to a warmer room later, fine. Just transition it in steps! I've even went so far as opening a door in the winter time to cool a room down, bring the glass in wrapped in a blanket, and shut the door so the room warms back up - then remove the blanket in an hour.

Agreed, it's not the temperature that wrecks these, it's the SUDDEN change in temp that does because the paint and glass expand and contract at different rates. I have retrieved flawless backglasses from outdoor trailers in sub zero temps with no ill effect.

2 weeks later
#8748 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Fast game but, ugh, four sets of score reels.
At least it ain't a Gottlieb four player.

I feel you... LOTS of extra work on 4 player Gotts but you got to love them when they are dialed in.

reel pain.JPGreel pain.JPG
Reeldirty.JPGReeldirty.JPG
Reely 003.jpgReely 003.jpg
finishingup 013.jpgfinishingup 013.jpg

3 weeks later
#9372 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

quick draw - $2850 - westminster (md)
big number, but i guess if someone wants one bad enough....
fully restored from ground up... if you ignore the cracked plastic... cracked plastic aside, looks like a very nice machine... wonder what the inside looks like?
image-463.jpg 47 KB

Seems pretty high but that may not be too far out of line except I would not have the balls to try that with a broken plastic especially when they are reproduced..
I just sold my restored Spin Wheel tonight, a $500 game but I did a ground up restore on it, fetched $1800. Not a record by any means. I sold a World Fair I restored to a guy in England for what I thought was a decent price of 3K plus $800 crate and shipping, he got $6500 for it figuring in the exchange rate in english pounds. I will say that my full restores are several notches above pin-rescue though. Finishing up a BAB for a guy in Florida for a mere $2500, thinking I am selling WAY too cheap but a deal is a deal.

Moral of the story, take pride in your work and there are people that will appreciate it and pay accordingly.

#9392 9 years ago

Looks a cut above the average of $600 value, I'd say $700?

#9587 9 years ago

Lots of decent deals seem to pop up near Boston. I would go 350 for that one easily.

1 week later
#9855 9 years ago

It's all preference, I prefer the 60s short flipper games.

2 weeks later
#10380 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Mystery game in NC for $300:
greensboro.craigslist.org link

Called on it, Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Depending on your perspective, it's the latter, a Bingo, Jokers wild. I'd buy it for decoration for maybe $100.
http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3573

#10594 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They aren't that hard. I got tired of pulling the machine out and doing them one at a time whenever they decided to get sticky, so now any machine that comes in gets them all done before any thing else. Especially if they have been sitting for years like most of my recent acquisitions. All it takes is a couple of screwdrivers, small wrenches and my beloved set of small needle nose pliers. That little magnet tray is nice too.

I find steppers are 90% of problems I find on project pins. Possibly more. The really fun problems are the switch contact rivets that fail. You clean the contact but it turns out to be an open in the rivet seat. Those can have you chasing your tail if you don't have a schematic.

#10639 9 years ago

Patina Shmatina.. I like my pins crispy. My latest restore in progress. Guess the game win a (virtual) cigar

IMG_4518.JPGIMG_4518.JPG IMG_4571.JPGIMG_4571.JPG
1 month later
#11303 8 years ago

I never purchased anything from them (obviously) but from the description of what they do to their machines, I wonder how they command such a premium over real values (or do they get that?)
They don't do pf restores, most times not even cabinet restores... Basically they shop the machine, replace posts and rubbers. I call that a decent shop job, not a "restore".

"Pinball Machine Restoration Process

Pinrescue only works on the classy pre 1978 electromechanical pinball machines that you may remember. This is our full time occupation and has been for over a decade.

Pinrescue puts a minimum of 30 hours labor into every mechanical restoration on every pinball machine we offer for sale.

Three times that if we restore the cabinet and chrome. Pinrescue doesn't bother putting our heroic and time consuming efforts into restoring pinball machines with worn out trashy playfields or ones with damaged cabinets or worse.

We really do the work to make these 30 year old machines play like new. We change 100% of the rubbers and not just wipe them off. We change all the lamps not just the bad ones. Pinrescue replaces all the pop bumper components so they will work correctly for years to come. Every pinball machine we sell has new flipper parts installed and tuned to work like new.

Our 1970's pinball machines get all new playfield posts not only do they look fantastic but they won't break and cause the machine to go down. Each of our restored machines is cleaned from top to bottom. Does it cost us more to do the job right? Of course it does. Sure our prices are a little higher then buying from a part time pinball restorer or the bargain "as is" pinball nightmare from Ebay. Pinrescue knows what we do to these vintage machines and can't say what the others do. This is our full time job and we love what we do and it shows in our work. The best pinball machine in the world is no fun at all if it doesn't work. ..."

3 weeks later
#11582 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

This was probably already posted, but here's another gem:
"restored" Rack a Ball...for $600
denver.craigslist.org link

Restored? LMFAO, yeah, next you're going to tell me Obama knows what he's doing.. Go on pull the other one.

#11586 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Not sure what the prez has to do with pinball but that is not a restored machine...that is for sure.

I know I shouldn't but... I never mentioned the prez just Obama. We are between presidents right now. Ok back to pinball

#11588 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wow, can we really just leave the politics out of this thread? Please? Not all of us feel the same way, and I'd rather not argue when we could be talking about pinball instead.

Agreed

2 weeks later
#11684 8 years ago

Thinking of putting my Vulcan on CL, selling at cost. Great BG and PF. Works all the way, new plastics and schematics included. $750

IMG_5190.JPGIMG_5190.JPG IMG_5191.JPGIMG_5191.JPG IMG_5192.JPGIMG_5192.JPG IMG_5193.JPGIMG_5193.JPG IMG_5194.JPGIMG_5194.JPG IMG_5188.JPGIMG_5188.JPG IMG_5189.JPGIMG_5189.JPG
#11686 8 years ago

It's exceptional for the age but certainly not perfect. Bought it for a restoration project but does not need it. I like them more rough if I am going to go through the effort.

#11695 8 years ago

My Vulcan, Pinside price is $750 firm (my cost)

#11772 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Fast Draw for $800 in OR:
portland.craigslist.org link

Picked a fast draw today in nc off cl. Just the motivation I need to finish my in-work shipmates. Hate having several games in waiting for restore.

#11833 8 years ago

No way that slick chick ad was real. If it was, dayyyyyum. My bet is it was/is a scam. One of those bait and switch referrals to some bs scam web site. That's what I get most the time when I follow up on too good to be true ads. But you gotta follow up. Some are real. I have gotten some really good deals off cl

#11837 8 years ago

Possible, That's why I always follow up if there's even a chance. Someone may well have gotten a steal of a deal.

#11850 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Two Williams games (and a Bally) in the Seattle area:
1968 Doozie for $350: seattle.craigslist.org link
1970 Strike Zone for $350 (comes with a NEW playfield for you to swap out): seattle.craigslist.org link
Same link above also has a 1976 Bally Hang Glider. Guy says he'd take $350 for it, or $600 gets you both games.

Sweet deal there, too far for me.

#11860 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Nice looking game...

It would be a beautiful game for $400 considering it needs repair and shopping. At 1K it's ok, even if they are accepting offers. This is one on my want list but not going to even waste my time given the distance, condition (BG is roached) and asking price.

1 week later
#12068 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

"rat bait":
janesville.craigslist.org link

Great game at a great price if it was restored correctly.

#12071 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I know that guy. He is an excellent tech and it's a very nice game. The big detractor is he repainted it sans webbing. I guess that may be better than the overdone webbing that is so often seen.

If he skipped webbing, I'm assuming the rest lacked the detail a good repaint would require (pretty safe bet, the triangle on the head bottom is wrong). Shooter color wrong, legs are supposed to be chrome. In which case it's priced pretty fair if the rest is clean. lots of ifs and assumptions. I am restoring one of these myself. Here's my cab repaint...

IMG_4568.jpgIMG_4568.jpg

#12076 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Son of a .......!!!!! I paid bookooo dalores on a Ship Mates off of Ebay that turned out to only have a good playfield and plastics. Turns out my BG is cracked when I received it. My game is a moderate project with hacks and a roto target that need rebuilt. Game needs paint, legs, coin door and a BG from BGresto. All of this alone will run me almost 1300. Buying my current Ship Mates really had me bummed a few months ago and I haven't even gotten to play a game on it. Current investment.....1000 dollars for the game + 400 shipping. I almost just feel like grouping Shipmates and my fully working Big Top as a package deal to someone.

I'll sell you my decent original Ship-Mates BG if you want to save a few bucks. I sealed it before sending to BGresto but could use a little detailing.

IMG_4493.jpgIMG_4493.jpg
IMG_4492.jpgIMG_4492.jpg

1 week later
#12208 8 years ago

Slap a bgresto in that

Quoted from goldenboy232:Getting lots of interest -- should be sold by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Slap a bgresto in that baby and you have one very nice machine.

#12210 8 years ago

Yeah, it's a really fun game to play, it's just not in my Top 10 and if I only have room for 6-7 games (that's pushing it) right now, it doesn't make that list. So, I'm going to move it for a small profit and look to acquire others. Happy I was able to take a game that was completely taken apart and in desperate need of some TLC and -- with SIGNIFICANT help from DirtFlipper (thanks, man!) -- get it working and ready for sale.

You bought it right if you are making anything at your asking price. I just sold mine for much more than that and took a moderate loss. Granted my BG was better but factor in a BGresto, it's on par with what I had invested. Great game for the buck.

#12274 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Cool game you don't see too often (price isn't too bad considering the cabinet looks to be repainted):
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1578
Tempting.......

Thanks for the heads up, Just bought it

#12276 8 years ago

The guy said he'd hold it until I can pick it up, gave me at least a couple months to get it. I vacation in Missouri and it's on my route. Says he had it for decades and BG and PF are perfect. Looks pretty nice! First metal rail Gottlieb!

#12280 8 years ago

You know too much I would be interested in a Cow Poke but you will want more than I like to pay. This MGR looks really nice and the price is right. The BG is unreal!

Merry-Go-Round.jpgMerry-Go-Round.jpg

BG.jpgBG.jpg

#12285 8 years ago

LOVE this thread, that brings my total of purchases from leads posted to 11. 1st was a Sunshine in Chicago, then a 9 pin deal in MD off a pretty roached Spin-A-Card a guy had along with a trailer fill of others to sell and now Merry Go Round in Il. Keep em coming. I think I sold about as many here as well.

#12288 8 years ago

St Louis area pins
$599 Domino"e"

$200 Jolly Roger project

$1200 52 Williams Pitch and bat World Series

KC area
$600 Funland

$300 47 Crossfire (nice glass!)

$600 Aquarius

$525 Sweet Hearts!

#12289 8 years ago

$200 specials!! Go get EM...

Long Island
$200 Space Odyssey
longisland.craigslist.org link

Vermont
$200 Ice Review!
burlington.craigslist.org link

Connecticut
$200 Klondike
newlondon.craigslist.org link

Phoenix
$200 Count Down (non-EM forgive me)
phoenix.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#12316 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Happy clown
winstonsalem.craigslist.org link

The price makes me sad

#12318 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Buckaroo $795
greenville.craigslist.org link

Needs who knows what parts but I'd pay maybe 1/3 that. Needs Backglass, lockdown, screened roto-target cover, who knows what else.

#12342 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Volley for $450 in NC:
charlottesville.craigslist.org link

Family owned for 33 years! Going to be a nice pick-up for someone.

1 week later
#12494 8 years ago
Quoted from gottem:

Spin A Card, one owner since 1975 (!!!) $300
maine.craigslist.org link

Dibs!!

Been on my want list forever. Far away but I'll figure it out. Waiting on an email or phone reply.

#12496 8 years ago
Quoted from gottem:

Awesome hope it works out and is all the machine it appears to be!

Damn, 916 miles away.. ROAD TRIP!!

#12498 8 years ago

Probably cheaper to have it shipped if the seller is willing to but where's the fun in that? I like road trips. Driving to St Louis for another one this week. I like an excuse for a road trip. Windshield time is sanity time for me.

#12499 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Probably cheaper to have it shipped if the seller is willing to but where's the fun in that? I like road trips. Driving to St Louis for another one this week. I like an excuse for a road trip. Windshield time is sanity time for me.

That said, Looking like I have a deal pending.

Anyone in the Maine area able to help a brotha out and boost it southbound?

#12502 8 years ago

He is sending me some pictures tonight

#12513 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

so...........? are you going to ship it to NC? Did you get pics? Just a bit too far for me to justify the drive, even if you pass it up.

Lol trucking up today! Still waiting on more pictures but from what I see so far looks good going to visit my brother in New Hampshire just a stones throw from where it is so 99% chance I will be getting it

#12535 8 years ago

Sent an email but one red flag so far, it's Vic Camp's ipdb picture on the ad. Never a good sign.

#12583 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Lol trucking up today! Still waiting on more pictures but from what I see so far looks good going to visit my brother in New Hampshire just a stones throw from where it is so 99% chance I will be getting it

Wow, some people are amazing. We agreed on a price, I told him I was driving 1000 miles one way to get it and bringing cash. We set up a pick-up date for this Saturday. I asked him to pull the ad to show good faith we had a deal, which he did.

I decided to combine the trip into a little working vacation/father-daughter trip to New England and Maine so I have been hanging around here in New Hampshire until our scheduled transaction date on the 15th.

Then I get this email this morning "quote":

"I have good news and bad news. The good news is that Spin A Card is WORKING!! The bad news is that I would expect more money that the $300 originally agreed. I realize that this puts you in an awkward position so I am willing to discuss the matter. I just ask that the price be fair to both of us."

Shoe on the other foot, someone offered me $1500 for the same game I already agreed to sell for $300 I would end up with ... $300

It's not the money to me, it's the principal. How much is a man's word worth?

I wrote a reply email asking him to reconsider, we'll see but once someone shows their true colors, they have a hard time putting them back away.

#12586 8 years ago

That's super disappointing. You'd hope he'd show more integrity than that. Ultimately, he's going to do what he wants since he's not "contractually" bound (even though his word should bind him). I hope it works out for you, man.

I offered to buy him and his significant other a nice lunch as a compromise. Best I could come up with without blatantly violating my principals. Trying to appeal to his sense of fair play. No response to my email yet. That's as far as I think I can go.

#12588 8 years ago

I was actually going to drive 1000 west before this popped up to pick up a machine I bought and paid for over a month ago. Fortunately that gentleman was a man of honor and held the game for me as we agreed. I had indicated I would get it out of the sellers way this month.

The people I associate with have that type of integrity. When I decided to head north instead, I called upon one of those people of integrity, an old friend who lives 230 miles from the machine I was to pick up. He was happy to do me a favor and go get it and hold it for me until I do get out that way. He helped me keep my word to the seller and refused to even take gas money for doing so.

Karma stepped in for my friend as well, the seller is moving to San Jose and needs to haul a car and motorcycle out there. My buddy has the inside track on the job now as he is in the business.

So if anyone needs something hauled to or from St Louis/KC/Tulsa, let me know.

#12589 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I was actually going to drive 1000 west before this popped up to pick up a machine I bought and paid for over a month ago. Fortunately that gentleman was a man of honor and held the game for me as we agreed. I had indicated I would get it out of the sellers way this month.
The people I associate with have that type of integrity. When I decided to head north instead, I called upon one of those people of integrity, an old friend who lives 230 miles from the machine I was to pick up. He was happy to do me a favor and go get it and hold it for me until I do get out that way. He helped me keep my word to the seller and refused to even take gas money for doing so.
Karma stepped in for my friend as well, the seller is moving to San Jose and needs to haul a car and motorcycle out there. My buddy has the inside track on the job now as he is in the business.
So if anyone needs something hauled to or from St Louis/KC/Tulsa, let me know.

Update: I place one last call to the guy, he suggested just $50 more for the machine, I stuck to my guns and diplomatically said I would rather buy him a $50 meal to set a good example for my daughter (trying to make a point), he relented and said, I understand and I'll honor our $300 deal. So, it appears we are back on track. So all this for $50 bucks?? Anywho, chalk one up for the good guys.

#12591 8 years ago

Not so much guilted as appealed to his sense of fair play. The pf is rather nice. Never seen one of these without wear through at the kick out holes

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg
image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg
image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg
image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg
image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

#12628 8 years ago

Got the spin a card loaded up. 1000 miles one way to get it. Wrapped a working vacation with my daughter around it. One of the most expensive cheap pins I ever bought.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#12637 8 years ago

So thinking about my latest Spin a Card acquisition, 1000 miles each way.. What's the furthest any of you have personally driven to get a machine. This is a record for me. I have routinely done 300 to 350 each way and purchased from further to have the machines delivered but this is my longest pinball motivated road trip.

#12696 8 years ago

For parts? Hellll noooo. Go get it!! In fact... now who do I know in Phoenix???

#12719 8 years ago

Had to show off my Spin A Card from Maine. Touched up the BG (very minor) as well as cleaned up the PF. I have not seen another example without wear through at the kick-out holes into the pops. Even the pops area paint is intact.

IMG_5496.jpgIMG_5496.jpg

IMG_5497.jpgIMG_5497.jpg

IMG_5532.jpgIMG_5532.jpg

#12723 8 years ago

Funny this one came from a Boy Scout camp in Minnesota before the last owner bought it in 1975. Backglass was not bad on this one either. Minor chips and dreaded padding tape damage.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#12726 8 years ago

We starting a minty Spin a Card club? This title has the strongest spot in my memory bank for my early youth pinball experience. I played this one one on vacation at a local soda shop in middle Missouri when I was like 8 or 10 years old. Been looking for a decent example since I started collecting some 12 years ago. Had one already I got in a bulk deal but it was too much of a project, BG and PF trashed so I sold it. Really looking forward to getting this one back together.

#12741 8 years ago

Shopped out Spin A Card this weekend, worked on first try!

IMG_5535.jpgIMG_5535.jpg

#12752 8 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Good job on that Spin a Card!

Thanks, surprisingly clean. Did nothing to it mechanically yet except adjusted the credit unit switches. He had it set so the max credit switch was closed preventing special and points replay knocker, credit step-up and coin-up credit step-up (where's the fun in that?) and he removed the 0 credit position switch nylon bushing so the switch stays closed and always allows a game to start (free play) I left that off for the home environment. Other than that, the ball count unit would not reset when I set it to a 5 ball game. A couple of twists on the stepper to exercise it and it's working perfectly. He had it set for 3 ball and it sat idle for a decade so that area of the stepper was dry. Really amazed there were absolutely no other bugs.

#12773 8 years ago
Quoted from WilliamsFan:

You also need to install the craigslist app on your smartphone and set the notification so when a pinball pops up you are notified right away......

Which app?

#12777 8 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Actually, the CL email alerts no longer work. Nor does any other app... (snicker)

LOL

1 week later
#12936 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

charlotte.craigslist.org link
sky jump and air aces in Charlotte

Sky jump "needs a fuse" lol

1 week later
#13089 8 years ago

The 61 Gottlieb merry go round I got off cl in St Louis had major deep ball swirl but the art it intact underneath thanks to an incredibly thick coat of lacquer. Test cleaned a spot. I think I can even hit it a bit more with the magic eraser. It may well come completely out.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

1 week later
#13235 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Could mean what my daughter did to her car yesterday.
wreck.jpg

Cars are replaceable, is she ok? and... how many pins can you fit in it?

1 week later
#13291 8 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Yep it's called solar city, and el derado is the single player. The two player is the ugliest one in the bunch imo

Different strokes, for different folks, I like 4 player games, aesthetically I love all the reels lit up. Also Solar City is a pretty game, love the use of red.

#13302 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! I guess I didn't notice those dancing hot dogs on there. I didn't really feel like driving to Bakersfield anyway. Looks like a fun game though.

Hurry, seller says "COMPLETELY RESTORED, ALL ORIGINAL" .... huh?

#13305 8 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Why is c-37 the "it" game? Too much pink for me and winning multiple replays isn't all that difficult . For me I like abra and the colors / art much more.

Guessing because of the animated BG and it's pretty. The "It" games are not always worthy (though some are) of the attention they get IMO. Had a El Dorado, Capt Fantastic, neither did much for me. I prefer the off the beaten track games as often as not to "A" titles. to me my Spin Wheel > El Dorado, Spin A Card > Captain Fantastic. I did love my World Fair and BAB though. These old games are so affordable, my philosophy is buy it, try it, if you like it, restore it. Looking forward to actually playing my Ship Mates when or if I ever finish it.

2 weeks later
#13434 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Thoro-Bred / EM
Year: February 1965
Production: 1,750
Cost: $425
Link/Contact: lansing.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Very good condition. Fully functional. Needs new top glass ~$75. Probably could use new bummer bands." Front door and front cabinet needs some work but otherwise looks nice.

I had one of these. Beautiful game, actually a lot of fun. Your objective is to hit bumpers in colored pairs to increase bonus before hitting the stand-up targets to collect. First game with shoot again feature.

2 months later
#13870 8 years ago

Fire up this thread guys. I'm making a 4000 mile road trip in January from NC to Denver and back. Find me a hidden gem to drag home.

#13872 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Fire up this thread guys. I'm making a 4000 mile road trip in January from NC to Denver and back. Find me a hidden gem to drag home.

Got one! ebay.com link: Original Central Park Pinball Machine NICE

Same family for 30 years, looks nice!

1 month later
#14206 8 years ago

I just got a 5 gallon bucket from Amazon. Going to make a leg soaker from some pvc pipe and caps. I'll add a smaller capped pipe to displace the solvent/reduce amount required. Should work well. Have used lightning rust remover but that stuff is really corrosive.

2 weeks later
#14429 8 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

I checked in on this guy and he said he would go $350.00 Come on KC guys....somebody go pick this thing up so I don't have to make a 3.5 hour road trip!

I almost picked this one up in January on a road trip from NC to CO. Super deal at $475, Unreal at $350 but it needs some playfield work from what I can see.

11 months later
#16047 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I recall reading that Wayne Neyens identified his favorite designed game as Queen of Hearts. Queen of Hearts is among my favorite woodrails as well. I love the roll-unders.
Needless to say, the success of Queen of Hearts led to Poker-Face's very similar design, save for the latter's extra gobble hole and drain saver. However, there are a few very good games which I don't want in my line-up and Poker-Face is one of them. Poker-Face, like Minstrel Man, may possess a valuable teaching moment about historical oppression and stereotypes. Nevertheless, I can't have fun playing those games, as a player and as a collector, when I'm reminded of that needless oppression in the not-too-distant past. Perhaps I would feel differently if the hobby itself was more racially diverse.

Oh jeez... well, enjoy

stereotype (resized).jpgstereotype (resized).jpg

3 months later
#16367 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Pointy people!

What were they thinking?

#16372 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I love the pointy people look.

More for you, I won't be competing for them.

#16375 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You can have more of the goofy face from the 70s, as I won't be competing for them.

I gravitate to the 60s Roy Parkers. Now don't blaspheme

#16384 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Every backglass or translite should have a pointy people option. I'd totally go for a Simpsons Pinball Party done pointy style.

It's old, so it has to be cool. But then again, I'm old. Different strokes... its all good.

1 week later
#16410 6 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Only $5500Each
buy them all ?
I couldn't get the link
To
etsy to work

Each, All, both are unrealistic.

2 weeks later
#16451 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Fast Draw / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1975
Production: 8,045
Cost: $500
Contact/Link: baltimore.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Excellent condition."

Looks nice!!

5 months later
#16717 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, but that shouldn't be an issue to a collector. It's easily reversible.

I would grab it if it were local though I hate the optional post added. Playfield looks like it could be cleaned up, cabinet needs a proper restore but it looks like they spent some $$ at PBR with a new coin door, pop caps, coin bezel and lockdown.

1 month later
#16781 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

One of those, huh?
I like to say, " I didn't realize it was an auction."

Now to be fair he said $150 OBO - Best offer does not mean best offer BELOW asking price. Fantastic game worth $500 as it sits from the looks of the pictures, don't even see the typical outhole wear. I got one in similar shape but drove 1000 miles each way to get it.

#16784 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

SaC is a very good game for the most experienced players when set up right, its fun fun fun. For the new or average player, the summer of love babes on the BG, and of course the beads on the head used in '69 makes it kinda unique looking and attractive as well. Bright colors, kick holes to the top, loads of action on the configuration of pops, and of course 3 games for a quarter. Randomize BG feature is really cool, and gives a brief break and some action from the PF to the BG, and then back when kicked to continue play. A very fine combination of looking up, down, and then all around. Like an extra ball each time. Rewire it for one game per quarter, and this title *kills* it on location for family friendly pub/bars (20-25 bucks a week off season, at times 20 bucks a day on weekends in season) where parents enjoy an adult beverage while the little turds run off with lunch money and entertainment for a while prior to the meal being served. Hearts and Spades is indeed a better player as AAB, but for location work the replay version here is a clear winner. Marginally underrated for its designed intent to make money on location at 7.5. HaS at 7.7 wins in large part due to 600 or so produced for collect-ability vs 2000+ produced.

I prefer it over my Central Park for gameplay. For whatever reason, it gets 4-1 play over my other EMs with newbies. It's got something that's for sure.

#16796 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

OBO means the seller is willing to accept best offers below the asking or posted price. (not above the asking price)

English is my first language and OBO = Or Best Offer, nothing more nothing less. Any other interpretation is an assumption.
This person was asking too little for whatever reason, received an offer something over asking. So far I would say that's the best offer. I wouldn't fault the seller for not knowing the market, they could have obtained it in an estate. Best thing to do is call them up, offer a fair price. I once bought a $50 (asking) World Fair for $200 that way.

#16797 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

Drinking coffee this morning, thought I had my day planned, took a quick look at pinside and see this

Emailed the guy, game still available ( price had increased slightly, but still in low-end range ). Made the three hour drive and picked it up. Really nice backglass, some playfield wear around the pops, 25,400 on the meter. Only game I've ever bought with no sign of prying around the coin door.
Anyway, thanks for wrecking my plans for the day, Nick!

Nice! Win win, the guy likely didn't know what he had. Nice pick-up!

1 week later
#16828 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Whoa... good eye! White, metal, and the first one looks red!
IT REALLY IS MAGIC TOWN!!!

Magic Town and Magic City both have "Magic City" on the playfield. Curious the last picture appears to be a different game though.

5 months later
#17151 5 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Don't like the left flipper arrangement on Captain Fantastic. Didn't like it 40 years ago either.

Restored one remembering the gameplay more fondly than it actually is. WAY too easy IMO. Snoozefest.

8 months later
#17239 5 years ago

Anyone coming from Ga to the Winston Salem Auction this weekend? Looking to get a pin transport from zip 30022. Could help with gas $$

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball
Flipper parts
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_in_nc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=john_in_nc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.