20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

273 posts in this topic match your search for posts by cactusjack. You are on page 1 of 2.
#3611 10 years ago

That's a pretty big chunk of art missing in the lower right corner of the Hot Shot Backglass. That often indicates a lot of it may be about to fall off in large chunks (not always). Still looks like it might make a good upgrade game for someone with an all around thrashed one (or none at all).

#3629 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Will probably be gone before I post it. Chicago Coin Hee Haw for $115
chicago.craigslist.org link

Good price for a parts game. Problem is, no one needs the parts..........

RB

#3631 10 years ago

Hope the guy has that missing #10 insert. Buccaneer is actually a pretty fun Spin-and-spot game. And its very rewarding to shoot the special lanes. Not sure how different Ship ahoy is as an add a ball?

#3634 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

" target="_blank">austin.craigslist.org link

--Jeff

Wow! Cheapest Wedge head I have ever seen. And probably one of the most desirable ones too. Is that a rat's nest in between the flippers?

#3659 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Here is one i have never seen before. 1974 Ballys Boomerang louisville.craigslist.org link

I owned one for a short while. Always loved playing Flicker but just couldn't get past the artwork on Boomerang. Sold it and finally got a nice Flicker to replace it.

Not a bad player but some don't find the layout to be very fun. Just a good simple fun layout for beginner players.

RB

1 week later
#3863 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That guy is pretty shaky at best. He has parted out some perfectly good games because he feels he can make more money that way. I was really interested in his Bally "Hay-Ride" but didn't want to pay for shipping it. Now he tore it apart and is selling it in pieces. Same with the Williams "Jolly Roger". Both were complete operating games in nice condition. I don't know about the "Sing Along" because there's no BG or PF in his listings.

Never saw the Sing Along BG listed but he Listed the Playfield and it went really fast with a $175 Buy it now.

#3868 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

He had the BG listed too.
Really frustrating.

And got $249 for it. How much was the complete game listed for originally? I see a NY sale of one only made it to $605 in reasonably good cosmetic shape. I won mine off ebay a few years ago being the only bid for $400. The game was located in AZ.

Obviously, far less love for Sing Along than for Kings and Queens!

#3870 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

He probably burns the cabinets to stay warm!What kind of shape was the PF in? I know someone who could have used it if it was decent (alas!).

Better than many. Not sure if he tried cleaning it already:

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Sing Along Pinball Machine Playfield

#3874 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

The complete game was listed in Alabama for 750 dollars.

Well, from what I can tell, he's up to $522 for what he has sold so far off the Sing Along.

People have been paying him some crazy money for his hardware lots when he parts a machine. So, I guess he will keep doing it.

Too bad.

1 week later
#3974 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Jubilee-$190
orangecounty.craigslist.org link

I know this game doesn't get much love but its actually a fun game for beginner players (kids etc.). Pops are DC and the game makes a lot of noise since the Side Rebound rubbers score 50 points instead of 10.

At that price, it would make a good starter EM for someone wanting to get their feet wet on EMs. Someone buy it before Mikeincali gets it and parts it out!!!!

1 week later
#4062 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now that the truck is fully functional again, should I?
inlandempire.craigslist.org link

Backglasses are almost never bad (unless actually broken). Great game, Fast DC bumpers. Most saw a ton of use on location so PF are usually fairly worn (typically have lots of checking or dinging around the sling shots). This one looks better than most from the photo - could be sanded down from a rusty ball or just needs a cleaning. Frame around the Backglass is pretty worn, might be indicative about the rest of the cabinet (that we can't see).

As long as the Cabinet isn't in bad shape, its should be a good buy (wonder what the "ton of parts" is?). Easy flip at Captains Auction for $500 or more.

1 week later
#4212 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

colors aside, is 19 bones really what a slick chick in that condition is selling for?

Very desireable game for 60's collectors. They don't show up all that often and when they do, they are often in pretty bad shape. As I recall, it was one of the first EMs (not bingo) to get a repro back-glass made.

I would say a base game (rough condition) would set you back $400-$800. Depending on the level of restoration, that could cost you another 3 grand from some (even more at times). So, to some the $1900 might be a bit steep, but for someone looking for a good condition game that's been gone through and has a cabinet repaint (God that baby blue is ugly!!!) then it might be just about right.

#4324 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Trail Drive just looks too cool not to have someday.

Owned one. Traded it away long ago. Never missed it! Those 60's Ballys are pretty darn boring. But I know, O-din, you want more of them........

#4325 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Oh i guess ill go pick this one up tomorrow morning at 9.......
" target="_blank">austin.craigslist.org link
-- Jeff
Image (auto-loading disabled)

funland.jpg 25 KB

Cool! Complete with Signed playfield!

1 week later
#4432 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

There was an Extra Inning in my town that sat for months and months. No one wanted it for $500. I didn't think anyone would buy it even if I restored it. Game play is suppose to be pretty bad and it doesn't award a replay or extra ball.

Wow. You would think based on the name sake, it at least allowed for an "Extra Inning" or two. But looking at the back cabinet on IPDB it doesn't seem to even have any lighting for the build up Extra Balls like some AAB Gott.

#4461 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

we never had any ball bowlers... i don't think i've ever played one, but i've played a billion games (give or take a million ) of shuffle bowl...
hint: design house around arcade...

They cannot be compared. At least, not as long as the Ball Bowler is still a long one (not one that was chopped down).

Shuffle bowlers are just too easy for the most part. Of course, in the Bar setting, you had both friendly gambling as well as drunkenness to add to the fun. Flash Bowling is probably the best game (at least to me) since it adds timing to the accuracy part which is pretty darn easy after a while.

A long ball bowler will always challenge you as long as you aren't one to heave the ball down the lane. If you are accurate enough, a fast ball will typically stay on course. But a normal roll can actually roam off course if not properly released.

Ball Bowlers are fun but they do eat a lot of space. They are also crowd pleasers and will usually keep the attention of guest hands down over pinballs. But resist the temptation to buy a shortened one to fit the room as you will find they are far too easy to play and master (but loved by the younger players).

#4479 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

What do you see in these pics that brings you to that price? I was thinking less based an all the flaking cabinet paint. Maybe $350-400

I Was going to say no more than $400 too. Looks like the backglass is flaking (some paint loss already in the lower girl and guys leg). Rough cabinet both head and body. All depends on how long someone has been looking for one to show up locally.

1 week later
#4741 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have rode the Loop the Loop many times. It is actually Magic Mountains Revolution. The first full looping coaster. It was the best thrill ride money could buy back in the mid 70s, and I am pleased to say that it is still up and running. A forest has grown around it, which is cool. But they added pull down shoulder bars that beat your ears to death, that which is not so cool.

Before there were trees!

It was also used in the movie Rollercoaster as well as seen in Wally World (National Lampoon's Vacation).

Nothing beats you up more than "Flashback" did. Glad its gone. Of course, a few rides on Coney Island's Cyclone will knock your filling loose.

#4748 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Speaking of roller coasters, did you know they made roller coaster themed pinball machines?

Seriously? Are you trying to get this thread back on track (pun intended)?

#4796 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Yuengling.JPG 11 KB

Beer flavored Ice Cream??

#4855 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hey, is your new Avatar The Rifleman? I love that show.

I named my son after the Sheriff: Micah.

#4902 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Since I picked up a very nice American Fireball yesterday, I will make my German one available if anyone is interested. I have not posted it for sale, but here it is. I paid $2500, but I will consider any reasonable offer. If I don't sell it, the two look pretty cool sitting next to each other.

127118.jpg 159 KB

127119.jpg 229 KB

Just curious, Why do the dummy zeros look kind of weird?

#4915 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They don't seem to look any different than the other one. But I will take a better look when I get home and see if there is a difference.

208261.jpg 186 KB

True. It just must be the way the dummy reels catch the light vs. the normal plastic reels.

#4979 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

so the ad was posted by the guys son. There are 30-32 machines in the lot. Just for discussion what would be an appropriate offer for something like that
--Jeff

That would all depend on the games in the list and their overall condition (cosmetically, not functionally). And whether they are complete and not parts games (the collection looks like they are NOT parts games).

The titles seem to be "average" in my opinion. Game like Swinger, Funfest, Gulf Stream, Big Indian, Eight Ball, Pro Football, 2X Sky Kings, 2X Space Mission, Surfers, 300, Jet Spin, CC Hollywood, Rancho.

Most of those games are $300-$600 fully shopped. A few command a bit more if in really good shape. Based only on the value of the machines, If you were to take the whole lot at once, I would say no more than $200 per complete machine. But that's +$6000 which may be excessive for the whole lot unless you have means to store and restore them. Even though it adds up to less per machine, I would think a $5000 offer to take the whole lot would be attractive to the seller to just be done with it all in one transaction. But I still don't know if that is a good $5000 investment on the buyer's part? Others can chime in here.

Not sure if NM is the same but any machines we ever got out of AZ typically had perfect backglasses due to the Dry environment. Sad to say but many of these machines might be worth more for just the backglass then the entire game due to need and shipping costs.

#5026 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Al we have are a bunch of In'n'Out burgers everywhere. Ho hum.

From what I have seen of White Castle, We have the better end of the deal with In & Out. Of course, you can smell the Fries cooking a mile away down the freeway!

But definitely NOT a meal you would eat every day.

#5040 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

" target="_blank">westernmass.craigslist.org link
Heads up......

Amigo is another reverse head frame. And Maybe Rogo?

#5056 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Poor Spanish Eyes. I'd give it the love it deserves.
My wife hates how it looks too. If only she were a player I may be able to convince her to see the beauty in it.

Yes, I don't get it. There are a lot of butt ugly games out there but Spanish Eyes isn't one of them. It makes you wonder if it might have been a better seller if it had a different art package. Maybe like Super Star?

#5059 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

it has the most perfect play-field I have ever seen for the age it is

Well, that doesn't tell us much.

My favorite quote from the typical Ebay ad: Looks good for its age.

#5079 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Mmmm..... Blizzard.....Image (auto-loading disabled)

th-834.jpeg 29 KB

Damit Jim! Sorry, wrong Jim, Rocky.
I went to Der Winnerschnitzel Last night for a couple of Blizzards (Tastee Frez's "Freezees"). Sorry sir, we don't have ANY ice cream today. WTF??? I wonder what she would have said if I ordered a Hot Dog?

#5115 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

wow... whoever is shaking the "dealer's choice" tree should go shake the wedgehead tree too...

With 8850 produced, they are bound to show up some time! Good Game BTW!

#5135 10 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

Wow, to think I bought a High Hand many years ago for about 80 bucks. I wouldn't buy one for $875

I wouldn't buy it either, since I already have a nice one. BUT, depending on the quality of the P/F touch up and Clear Coat, and the condtion of the back glass, it just might be worth it to someone in So Cal. Thinking you might typically pay up to $450 to ship a game in from out of state, that puts it down to a less than typical price. (And no, its not mine).

1 week later
#5304 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

You guys down in Texas get all the pins

I used to think that about the people in PA. There are an awful lot of basements out there!

#5387 10 years ago

Or redraw them yourself before selling them.

#5416 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

1957 D. Gottlieb Continental Cafe pinball machine very nice condition - $300 (sycamore, ks)
" target="_blank">tulsa.craigslist.org link
I have for sale or trade a D. gottlieb "ContinentalCafe" pinball machine. The machine powers up and runs but needs work. It will not play. Overall the game is in very nice condition. This is a 1957 model and 1 of 1350 that were made. I will consider trades, I would prefer to trade for guns but will consider what ever you have.

contcafe.jpg 22 KB

I know a lot of people have been searching for CC to do the conversion to Whoa Nellie. Don't see this lasting long.....

#5417 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

Couldn't find a video of the Archie Bunker / Meat Head scene about Mustard on a Pretzel........ Just about as great as the Sock and a Shoe bit.

1 week later
#5544 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is what I am up against lately-" target=_blank>losangeles.craigslist.org link
I must say this is my FAVORITE machine...It is just so beautiful, and the sounds! The lights! The art!Such a beauty, you have to come see it as soon as you can before someone else swoops in to buy her!At 1,900 bux, you can't go wrong. Take a look at the photos and here is a link to live play action!

Makes the painted one in Carlsbad for $379 look like a steal! Two Crescendos up at the same time in So Cal (plus one in my Garage). My friend and I were just talking about how we see Crescendos but never Groovys in So Cal. And only 1175 of them made. Kind of like mostly seeing Swingers but rarely Fun Fest out West.

2 weeks later
#5655 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

hot shot - $375 - galloway (nj)
this looks to be a pretty good deal...
" target=_blank>southjersey.craigslist.org link

image-816.jpg 27 KB

That's a killer deal. Wish one would pop up in So Cal for that price. Then, I wouldn't have to build mine from parts.

1 week later
#5737 9 years ago
I guess it was the "Very few scratches" that clinched the deal!

1 week later
#5812 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

seven up - $200 - elkton (md)
wrong, but not wholly unattractive, repaint... might be a player for $200...
" target="_blank">delaware.craigslist.org link

image-828.jpg 43 KB

Seven up is a very fun game. One of the only "older" Williams titles I like. $200 is a great price if the backglass is nice. Most of them are flaking from that era.

#5889 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like this one?

Technically, its in my backyard. However, I am up in Tacoma this weekend for the show. Probably a good thing since I would be really tempted at that price.

1 week later
#6036 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I like this one.
" target=_blank>stjoseph.craigslist.org link
I like the part about "If your first sentence to me starts..."
Uhh, well then, how about some pictures?
Also saying you "pay someone" to go through them really outs you as a flipper.
Nice try.

Also: "Great Game" and "Mustang" should not be used in the same paragraph!

#6042 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

LOL, well, on that one, I'll take your word, I don't ever remember playing it.

I never did in my youth either. Many years later, I stumbled on one and had to buy it just because of the Gordon Morison artwork. After all, it has drop targets, how bad could it be? I never knew how bad until I shopped it out. I couldn't sell it fast enough. Perhaps Clay's mod could improve it some, but there still isn't much to go for on the playfield. Kind of like Duotron/Magnotron.

#6052 9 years ago
Quoted from Reddogger:

Sheriff, $350
york.craigslist.org link

Support your local Sheriff. I mean Fire Department.....

#6091 9 years ago
Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

This one looks neat.houston.craigslist.org link

Did you mean "neat" or "beat"? That's a $150 bingo at best due to the bad backglass. And most bingos won't sell for even that cheap.

1 week later
#6306 9 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

I've seen these posted a few different times now. I just don't get it... Now the woodwork looks beautiful and something that takes real craftsmanship, something I don't have, but still just don't get it
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

I wonder if that is real gold leaf on that Coffee Can?

2 weeks later
#6631 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, maybe I should just go get it. He offered me a discount, but still hasn't made me over anxious yet. I bet my daughter would like it.

Don't let him know they come apart for transport. Might keep down the price.

#6633 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lol. He stuffed two wedgheads in the back of my Tacoma while I scratched my behind.

So, you added all three to your Herd?

#6642 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

High Hand with some playfield wear.
$450 (Valley Springs)Casacramento.craigslist.org link

Ouch! That is certainly a candidate for a Custom Re-Theme if ever I saw one.

#6710 9 years ago

Even at Costco, the price of Beef has really gone up. And, it is supposed to go up about 7-10% more due to the droughts everywhere.

#6733 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just got back from the local auction house and although they don't have a lot of pinballs this time, oh my goodness , do they ever have quite a few antique juke boxes and slot machines.http://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/bsccapt/catalogue-id-bsccapt10027?page=2
Image (auto-loading disabled)Image (auto-loading disabled)Image (auto-loading disabled)

540x360-2.jpg 16 KB
540x360.jpg 19 KB
540x360-1.jpg 16 KB

Yes, most of the stuff this time is from Crater Music in Medford, OR. The "Good" stuff was sent down while Super Auctions, via onlineinternetauctions.com is handling the left overs.

It is interesting to see what a 50+ year operator saved or collected over the years. Must have had a soft spot for those flash slots (what they are calling console slots). The EMs that came in are: Fireball, Captain Fantastic, Grand Prix, Space Mission. There are some early SS too: 2X Playboy, Evel Ken. Stellar Wars. Time Warp, World Cup and others.

Wish I could attend just to see what this stuff goes for.

#6828 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Where do you get those little musical icons? I don't see any on my keyboard.

th-626.jpeg 39 KB

In windows XP, you go to Start, All Programs, then Accessories, then System Tools and then there is a program called Character Map.

3 weeks later
#7215 9 years ago
When we get to 9999, will there be a light up "1"?

#7219 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Thanks!
Hard to believe it's the same artist who does all the pointy people, I have a Swinger, and it's the same artist, but the two machines are totally different looking. I missed out on a Granada for $200 last month, I'd really like to get one someday (or a Spanish Eyes) but I still don't know why, just something about the art on that pin that I really dig.

Unlike other artist, it seemed that Christian Marche could produce distinctly different styles of art. From his "pointy people on 60's Ballys and early 70's Williams and then to do things like Williams Dealer's Choice or Straight Flush and Bally Bow and Arrow, Delta Queen or even Aladdin's Castle. Certainly a versatile and prolific Artist: http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=christian+marche&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#7257 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't always spend the day at the auction house, but when I do....
I'd like to think of it as a day well spent.
DSCN2968.JPG 171 KB

Glad you got it O-din. I was watching the auction from Big Bear. It was a good day for low prices on EMs. Not sure if they were trashed or not (bad backglasses etc.), but $275 for a Spirit of 76 with a faded backglass doesn't seem all that bad. $200 for a Solids and Stripes. And didn't the Grand Prix go for only $400? Although not pristine, certainly $600 isn't all that bad considering they rarely show up for sale in So Cal.

1 week later
#7332 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

THINK a set in the middle of the pin but can't remember if it revolved or not

Any chance it was King of Diamonds? Not drop targets but Drop down cards in the backglass and a revolving Roto unit in the middle. No girl on the left but there is a Bar Tender holding up his arm (with a tray of beers). Not a Riverboat but a Saloon

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=king+of+diamonds&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1372

#7348 9 years ago

Based on much of your description, you are describing Gottlieb Showboat at least as far as the lady goes.

There was a 'lady' in the left side of the back glass and I think she filled about 1/4th of the panel.

No, that's not it. Where that man is standing is where the 'lady' was . . . in the same size perspective. She had an arm up in the air, I think.

My brain is stumbling trying to remember, but I THINK there was a steamboat in the center and maybe a man with a cowboy hat playing cards.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2130&picno=2020

#7354 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's official.
The pin that you are thinking of never actually existed.

Actually, I think he has combined a number of memories into one game. We have the Girl of Showboat, the Card Player of Kings and Queens, and the drop target layout of Drop a Card.

#7356 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And the want of a 60s Williams single player.

Well, nobody's perfect!

#7370 9 years ago

I was never a fan of that funky roll over feature in the center. I agree that it is way over priced even for Calif. I would pass if you haven't been specifically looking for one.

#7389 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's funny because right before that movie came out, Laura Scudder's BBQ chips went from caked with seasonings to almost none. An observation that most of us had already made.

If I want my fingers coated in orange powder, I just pull out a bag of Cheetos instead.

#7426 9 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Oh I could of probably beat the other buyer to the house, but it's just the premise. If the guy has it listed for $200.00 on craigslist, that should be the price to the first person that shows up at his house.

Agreed, but it depends on how much you might want it. You could always call and see if still available, then say "I would need to see it first". Then, if you don't think its worth the extra $50, offer him the original listed price and see if he just wants it gone.

1 week later
#7469 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Cheap Bally in MI:
grandrapids.craigslist.org link

Appraised at $600. I think that is a FIRST for a Craig's List ad. Usually, the is an extra zero in there.

1 week later
#7550 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Nothing like original patina.Image (auto-loading disabled)

untitled.png 107 KB

Just take it to Maaco!

#7563 9 years ago

I am not a fan of "Bright White" cabinet restorations. They just don't look right to me. Like you said, they certainly look out of place next to other "aged" games. I now use "satin heirloom white". It is clean but not too white, and it is also a satin finish so its not too shinny either.

#7566 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'd love to see some video on how to apply that spider effect paint correctly to get the look of the original webbing.

It would actually be a very short video. I described this on another thread a while back. Its all about having the correct materials. The hardest part is getting the oil based black lacquer. Once you have the black lacquer, it only takes a $100 pancake air compressor, and a $29 HVLP spray gun from ebay or probably Harbor Freight. About a tablespoon of paint (maybe a bit more) in the cup, a little test firings against some test cardboard. And anyone can be an expert. Once you get the pressure dialed in on the gun, the whole process goes very fast. And, if you don't use the gun for anything else, it is ready to go for next time. The clean up of your gun is the bitch.

#7624 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

You know a hidden hatred from snow shoveling in your former past could be responsible for the lack of that inspiration.

Then maybe this game would make a better choice?

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1604&picno=26990

#7628 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes it is!
A quote from the ad-
" I HAVE OWNED THIS SINCE 1960 AND PLAYED THE MACHINE UNTIL THE 1980' "
Again I will ask- What happened?!!!!

It got boring after 20 years!

#7654 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

" target=_blank>sandiego.craigslist.org link
- Spin Out, $800
Backglass looks decent, can't see much detail. What do you guys think, is that a fair price? I'm not going after it, just trying to learn what prices look like.

Hard to tell on the Backglass. Spinouts are, if not peeling, usually at least on their way with cracking in the SPIN OUT name and the car (Backlit areas). Hard to tell in any photo unless from the back side.

Not a lot of love for the game among even wedge head collectors (they would prefer Buckaroo for the 1 through 7 sequence ruleset).

Unless its super duper nice all around, its probably only a $600 game, even here in So Cal.

#7657 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Frankly I like Spin Out better than Buckaroo. The 3" flippers and more open top end of the playfield make it easier to win games on than Buckaroo. I played the heck out of it back in the day and enjoyed to two I have owned but not enough to keep one of them.

I prefer it over Buckaroo too (but then I am not a big fan of 60's games). Its a great rush to have 1-2-3 and 5-6-7 and then hit the "4" for those four 4-in-a-line specials.

#7661 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I had one. Top Ten has a lot of neat features but is too easy and waiting for that bonus to count down gets a bit tiring after every ball. For $50 though I'd buy one again. It's not without it's charm.

I would think by now, Mikeincali would have already snatched it up to part it out.

#7701 9 years ago

Sad.... 2 Bally Turf Kings gave up their lives to become a work bench?

4 weeks later
#7995 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

'59 GTB Atlas for $250 in LaCrosse, WI
lacrosse.craigslist.org link

Someone got real creative on that Formica countertop Lockdown Bar replacement.

1 week later
#8085 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Free Wms Super Star in KC:
" target=_blank>kansascity.craigslist.org link
(as of 34 mins ago anyway)

Very underrated game. But just like Spanish Eyes, an aquired taste for the artwork. Someone will get a great deal. Backglass looks pretty good in that picture.

2 weeks later
#8214 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol "I originally purchased for around $5000 - I of course would like to make a profit since it's super rare."

I was thinking it now isn't even worth $500 to most collectors. At least now we know how much those custom Gottlieb Wedge Head conversions are costing people out there. $5K seems a bit steep.

2 weeks later
#8599 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

ok, after further evidence has been presented, i have changed my mind on the bg... it is much better when taken as part of the whole art package...

Okay, Put the Eggnog down!

That BG is just butt ugly. And People say Spanish Eyes is bad......

1 week later
#8670 9 years ago

Soccer / Super Soccer and 300/ Top Score also use it for mystery score delay.

#8712 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yup, that would be my guess as well. Red hole and yellow hole are the key clues.

But that is also identical to the Soccer / Super Soccer schematic. It shares almost all the features of Top Score / 300 (mystery bonus, spinning target, red and yellow hole relays etc.). It almost makes we wonder if they got away with using the same exact bottom board layout since the alternate features might all be housed on the underside of the playfield.

Actually, looking at the playfield, I think every thing else is the same including how the skill shot special worked. The only difference is the layout and how many Adv. Bonus rollovers/targets exist.

#8846 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Is it me or does it also appear to others that Sheriff and Lawman doesn't come up for sale that often?

Certainly seems that way although recently, I have been seeing Sheriff pop up more than in the past.

Additionally, being in and from Southern Calfornia, it seems there were mostly the 2 Player Lawman out here. Both when I was playing it as a kid, and during the collecting years too. I wonder if the Distributor ordered a semi trailer of all Lawmans?

But another thing I have noticed through all my years of watching Ebay (prior to craiglist existing), certain titles seem to have their "season" when they start popping up for sale in quantity when prior, they seemed scarce. As if its a fairly consistent time line from when games found their way into homes for family entertainment, and then the kids have all grown up, moved out, no one plays it any more and the Parents (or even the now-grown-kids) finally decide to sell it off.

A while back, it seemed to be Fast Draw/Quick Draw. More recently, it seems to be Abra Ca Dabra.

#8873 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Quick Draw > Jumping Jack > King Pin
King Pin to me gets old fast. The upper flippers make it too easy to pound the drop targets.
Jumping Jack, even though it has upper flippers (and 3" vs. 2"), the wider stance is more balanced (not as easy) in terms of getting the drop targets. Add to that the opportunity for an extra ball and the challenge of the pop bumper placement, and JJ is a more challenging and satisfying game.

That's an interesting take on those two games. And, I am not saying you are wrong but my personal experience is the exact opposite. On Jack in the Box, I have completed the 10 bank up to 3 times in 1 ball. On King Pin, While I can complete the DT sequence 3 times and rack up multiple specials (occasionally!) more often than not, I would say I can only complete the 10 bank 1 and 1/2 times in 5 balls. Those side lanes are brutal! But its often a "just 1 more game" type game to me. JJ/JB on the other hand, is typically a play 1 or 2 games and have a really great game and then walk away.

Both of my games are (were) in better than average "original" condition, no hot coils, no high tap. Just properly working flippers, and a good coat of wax. And, in playing a decent example of Jack in the Box, and a very good example of Pin up at a recent show, I can say I had the same exact experience as on my own games.

Its always interesting that same titles of games can play completely differently. I found this out back in the day when there were Jungles and Wild Lifes in just about every arcade I went to. None played alike.

There is obviously a great variance in how the upper flippers can be set on King Pin. Mine are set like this which I believe to be factory and also how they appear on the flyer. And often require ricochet shots off the side rebounds or double flipper hits to directly hit a target. Or, an assist from the lower flipper to the upper.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1374&picno=42974

But, if they were set like this, I would expect the DTs would be far to easy to hit.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1374&picno=38405

1 week later
#9152 9 years ago
Quoted from textrivers:

Williams Aces & Kings at the end of Long Island, $300:
longisland.craigslist.org link
Weird thing about this one -- the backglass art doesn't match what's on IPDB, EXCEPT that it does match the "Key Line" art. See explanation in the IPDB listing and see also this image. Could be early production version of the art?

If anyone here gets it, please take a good high res. photo and submit it to IPDB.

I actually think the proto looks better than the Go-Go Girls playing cards.

#9218 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

this one? modesto.craigslist.org link
from the one picture, it has possibilities... i wish the seller had posted more pictures...
the front metal looks good, which is always a nice thing... the bg would appear to have some issues with flaking in the highly lit areas (look at the "top card" wording, you can see the flaking there) but unforunately, that is pretty much "normal" for something price in that range...
can't tell anything about the pf from the pic...
i would say that is the pf doesn't have any "real" issues (realistically, machines priced like this will have some minor planking, etc. that do not effect gameplay), and the plastics are good, 500 for a fun, working, players condition machine isn't wholly out of line... others may disagree..
since it has been sitting there for 2 weeks, it might not even take 500 to get it...

I completely agree. If it were in SoCal, I would probably be trying to talk myself out of going to get it. I have been searching for a reasonably priced Top Card with a nice playfield to finish the one I own. It seems the only ones that come up in So Cal are either way over priced (>$1000) or beat to Sh!t with bad playfields. But yes, 7 hours 2X of driving is out of the question unless you have been on the hunt for that particular title or have friends to visit up there.

#9304 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

sandiego.craigslist.org link
Not a very high rating???

Not really a bad game but probably about $500 too much.

#9503 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's why I suggested that Jungle, since it's clean and shopped out and working. But no big deal if it's not the game she's looking for.
I dunno what my friend was hoping to get for it anyways, so I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not. What's a clean Jungle worth?

I recently sold one at Auction with a repainted playfield, VERY faded Backglass, nice cabinet, hammer-tone gray painted legs and coin door and chutes, but fully functional. It sold for $500 so with tax and tip, that was $615 out the door.

I let it go due to all the flaws indicated above and I had owned it for going on 20 years. It was at the in-laws house for most of that time and the Kids tended to love the game. I kind of miss it since as a Kid, I probably logged more games on Jungles and Wild Lifes than any other game in my life (well, other than 8 Ball Deluxe!).

So, if your friend's is in better shape (many are except for the backglass flaking), I would say $400 to $800. But it would have to be pretty damn perfect to get $800 as there is little love for the Gott. Jungles out there. Its kind of like Jubilee/Darling as to popularity.

#9506 9 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

Several EMs outside Cleveland. What do you think about the prices on these?
cleveland.craigslist.org link

Probably about $100-$200 too high on each one maybe even more. But that gives the seller some wiggle room for dealing.

The Groovy appears to have an excellent backglass so that can bring up the value. Argosy doesn't show up all that often but I have never played one so I don't know if its worth pursuing.

#9537 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Wasn't someone looking for a night rider? Lisa?

Other than a very faded cabinet, looks to be in nice shape and fairly priced. Yes, Bellbrands should check it out. She didn't seem to mind the Dave Christensen art on Bon Voyage, so she shouldn't mind the Paul Faris art on this one either.

#9568 9 years ago

French Toast please.......

Better yet, 2 eggs over easy. Hash browns, well done. Sour dough Toast with butter. And a nice slab of ham.

#9575 9 years ago

Maltomeal.pngMaltomeal.png

#9579 9 years ago

Okay, I named my Son Micah. I would never have named him Festus (although he was much better at that role than Chester Good). I like the fact that he showed up a number of times in different roles on Gunsmoke before he landed the part of Deputy.

Have you ever met someone named Festus?

#9642 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

If that were at the previous listing's location, I would be all over that (and I have zero room). Love that space theme, opinions on game play?
Seems like a few of these have come up of late and for cheap.

On Beam is one of the only earlier Bally games that I really like playing. But, they never seemed to show up back in the day without a trashed backglass so I passed on them. Now a few HAVE shown up and I am out of room!

I like the line up feature of the backglass and the unusual free ball kicking out from between the flippers. How can you go wrong with 5 Digit Scoring and a Beam-O-Meter!!!

#9791 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Rumor is Big Ben Revisited.. shhhh
I have one sitting in my garage, every time I look at the playfield I say meh, and go back inside.

Big Ben is a good source for:

Lock Down Bar, Coin Door assy, Score Motor, Drop Targets, Odd Jet Bumper Caps.

Otherwise, there is not much value in one as a whole.

#9835 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bally El Toro $895

If this were the price is right, there is no combination of those three numbers that would properly represent the actual value of an "El Toro".

Pretty Backglass but oh!, what a Toad of a game.

#9837 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

el toro is an important game in the history of pinball... it proves the rule of "there are no bad pinball machines" by serving as the exception...

You mean like Williams Toledo or Big Ben?

#9854 9 years ago

I think one of the problems that WMS had in the 70s was the fact that Steve Kordek could rarely get past the need to always design a symmetrical playfield. It may have worked for him in the early years but at some point, you have to change things up a bit. However, I do like Honey/Superstar and Triple action from that era. But, it seemed that Norm Clark did a better job of thinking outside the box at Williams. For Steve, he finally hit it really big with Space Mission which was only a few games in that he did not go purely symmetrical in layout. Obviously, the guys at Gottlieb also did more than their fair share of Symmetrical designs but they usually followed them up with much better rules to compensate for it.

Interesting to see that during that period, it was only Steve and Norm doing the design work at WMS.

I actually like what Williams did with single player games during the early to mid 70s. They are often overlooked by the must-have-Gottlieb collectors. But, I see that almost all of them I really like, were Norm Clark Designs.

For some of us, the 2" flipper WMS games of the 60's are just not good enough to justify hunting them down. One I know that stands out for me is Seven Up. Not sure why I like it but always find it fun whenever one appears at a show. Of course, I think I like Magic City too but that just may be from the memories of it sitting forever in the tiny burger joint across from the local drive in theater.

#9860 9 years ago

This is what I remember finding on route around 73 and later. Not necessarily listed based on when they appeared on route.

Champ, Air Aces - loved them both.

Galahad - What can I say? It was there, we played it. Not much of a game. I think it being slower than the other two games at this location made us "learn" on it.

Op Pop Pop - Interestingly weird. It was one of two games at the Roller Rink so we played it.

Sky Rocket, Expressway, Firecracker, 4 Million BC - All got my attention at a dime a play. 4 million probably wins out as best.

Sky Kings - Same layout as Champ, much better artwork. Love them both.

Amigo - love the artwork. Simple game play, attracted me back to it at the time.

Ditto for Flip Flop. Bottom drains are a bit of a tease. Requires fresh rubber and good nudging skills.

Delta Queen - Replaced a Crescendo. Definite improvement. Art is so so. Game play was fun.

Space Time/Time Zone - seemed to be everywhere and we played it. Can't stand the game any longer.

Ro Go - interesting layout using a lot of Space Time or Monte Carlo. Fun to risk the turn around look for 5000/5 Adv and special when its lit. After all, its right there in your face, How can you miss???

Fireball - I have heard it is a good game?

Odds and Evens / Monte Carlo - Both great games and art. Monte wins out for better rule set. Which is odd that the single player is less attractive in that way.

Old Chicago - Absolutely love it.

Bow and Arrow - Great Game!

Wizard and Capt. Fantastic. Yes, we played them a lot. Probably a tad overrated these days. Certainly true for Capt. Fan.

Hocus Pokus, Aladdin's Castle - Both Fun layouts. Great Artwork.

And Later came games like Night Rider and Freedom in EM form. Good offerings but they paled once their SS counterparts began to appear.

As you can see, I had very little exposure to the earlier 60's games where and when I grew up. I'm not sure if it was related to the Los Angeles Pinball law (I did not actually live in the city of LA) or if the locations were just too valuable to let the older games take up space. When I started playing, the oldest games on location around were: Op Pop Pop (69), Galahad (70), Funland (68), Mibs (69), Mini Cycle (70), Crescendo (70), Aquarius (70), 2001 (71), Hayburners II (68), Gridiron (Pitch and Bat - 69), Straight Flush (70), Jive Time (70), Doodle Bug (71) Klondike (71).

#9910 9 years ago

Other than the wonderful backglass art, one of the best features of Flying Carpet is the GI lamp animation tied into the Score motor. So..... that's not saying much for the game play!

#9941 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

You didn't happen to see CactusJack driving away, did you??
Sorry... had a weak moment, I'm okay now.

Sorry Glen. Already own one so it wasn't me that snagged it!

I agree with Stashboy. As I recall, it also sucks to shoot the 4 lower targets as they direct the ball to the side drains. It just wasn't as fun as I remember it being in my yute.

#9968 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

El Toro seemed pretty cool when I was 11. New, bright, and shiny. I dropped $5 in that thing. Of course I haven't played one since then.

They say: With Age, comes wisdom.

#9975 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Is that a good price for an ACD?

Hard to tell from those CL photos. It "Could" be in the ball park for value depending on condition. It also "Could" be in need of a lot of love and new parts which might make the asking price a bit high. But, if its in your neck of the woods, and a title you are really looking for, it would be worth a look. After all, what's a few hundred dollars one way or the other? Based on what the photos show, I would say more like $800. But an in-person inspection could make it a $500 game too.

Post edited by CactusJack: Leckmeck beat me by 37 seconds.

#9988 9 years ago

Looks like there is a Bally Pin next to it?

#10010 9 years ago

Hey, The 10,000 light on the Pinside Backglass is burned out!

We broke pinside. The column doesn't fit 5 characters. Is this a first!!!!

Of course, its all that talk about: What's for Dinner. Favorite old TV show. And something about a screen door?

#10012 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This Kingpin was $1100 this morning, now listed for $1500. Got a bunch of offers and decided to raise price? Just crazy?

Gotta be lies. There was one in Orange County for around $650 that looked pretty nice that sat for a while. The one listed in SD has a thrashed front cabinet. No way it was even worth $1100 to start with. Maybe the offers were based on a Capcom of same name?

#10033 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

imo, of course... i know others feel differently...

YES, we do!

#10056 9 years ago

FWIW, I would put Big Hit at the top of the list. I was forever looking for a decent Play Ball as I remembered it being a fun game from my youth. I passed on Baseball for lots of reasons, especially those 2" flippers as mentioned. I first acquired a Grand Slam, then later, a Big Hit. I really fell in love with the play of Big Hit.

Finally, a decent Play Ball came my way and after shopping it out, I wondered why the Hell was I ever looking for this game. It paled in comparison to Big Hit's play IMO.

But Hey, at least you don't have Royal Flush in your final 3 for Card themes! For me, Jacks Open remains at the top as I haven't had my High Hand set up in a long time.

#10067 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

CJ and Stashy... how would you guys rank the five?

As I have never played an Extra Inning (I own an orphaned head if that counts?), I shouldn't really rank it. However, it is neither an Add-A-Ball or a Replay game. Simply 3 or 5 "Innings" per play, and lacking the pop bumpers, I would feel very comfortable placing it at the bottom of the list. Obviously, it would make a really good Ticket Payout game in today's market.

Vari Targets work well for Sports Themed games as it is technically rating the strength or accuracy of your shot. Add the Top Drop Target Banks and Specials, and you have a real winner in my book. Plus, I like the variation on the Pop Bumper location - Keeps you on your toes! Just for Yuks, I thew in my placement of Pro Football in the mix.

#1 Big Hit
#2 Grand Slam
#2 1/2 Pro Football
#3 Play Ball
#4 Baseball
#5 Extra Inning

#10094 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Beantown listing-
boston.craigslist.org link
Looks decent, artwork is cool, but not sure there's much game there. Anyone ever own one?

From what I heard, it was a huge hit for operators back in the day. This would explain the SS remake (just like games like El Dorado, Jacks Open and Fast Draw).

I think it was Gottlieb's earliest offering of spinner and bonus advance (after Snow Derby) and that is what fed its success. As others have said, its somewhat limited in what it has to offer compared to later designs. And, many have trashed backglasses.

#10113 9 years ago

Wrong Thread.

#10210 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Okay I am hooked I just spent over 2 hours playing EM's at PHOF and going back again today. I am ready to buy so someone sell me an EM.
List of ones I like thus far
Abra ca dabra
Sky jump (I passed on a nice one now regret it..
Neptune-totally kicked my butt fast and fun.
Atlantis kicked my butt still not completely sold on this one yet
Gottlied surfer
Spin out
Some others I forget I am going to take photos today so I remember the names.. Good times!!!

Did Tim still have a Lawman or Sheriff set up there? If so, and it is working well, you might want to give it a try. It is the cheaper step sister of Atlantis and some of us prefer it over Atlantis. Of course, that doesn't help unless you can find one for sale but they certainly appear a lot more often than an Atlantis would in So Cal.

If you didn't already, you may want to put some time on the Bally Multiplayers he has there. You might find you like them and they are going to typically be easier and possibly cheaper to find for sale in nice condition as opposed to a Gott. Wedge head (except for games like Fireball, Capt. Fantastic and Wizard).

Sadly, with all the recent hype and the making of reproduction backglasses, an Abracadabra is going to be a hard one to find locally. Just ask Aurich what he paid to bring one in and bring it up to his standards.....

#10394 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Anyone going to snag games at this sale tomorrow in San Diego?

There is an interesting array of games down there. One side makes me want to go look at them for condition and price, the other side says: Too many games already, walk on by, don't look back!

Not sure on condition but there are a few things that stand out down there that could be good deals if the price is right:

King of Diamonds next to the Capt. Fantastic.
An OXO - Many people consider this one of WMS best 70's Multiplayers.
Little Joe - they don't show up for sale very often.
High Hand and Fast Draw - Two Great Gottliebs
Funfest - you can see the body and then the 4 player head peering out from behind others.

There is also one of those odd Rocket type Shuffle alleys.

I am thinking the few set up in the house are good. The rest are all projects that never got worked on. Kind of sad, it looks like the home of either an older collector that passed away or is downsizing or has to go into assisted living.

#10397 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

The center Gottlieb multiplayer is an EM Dragon - talk about rare!
The left Gottlieb multiplayer is a Magnotron.

Thanks Mike. Yes, Silly me. I just look at pictures, never reading words. I went back and saw the full list of games and then edited my post. But you are too darn FAST!

#10399 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

cj, you gotta at least go take a look...

Nope. The Wife would Kill me. She has been very understanding of my "disease"...... But you can only push it so far! Fortunately, there is nothing there that I gotta have and I don't have the time to buy, service, and flip games these days. So, just best to stay away. Besides, I didn't drive my Truck to work today.

If the prices are good, some enterprising sole will probably make a deal for bulk and they will show up at next week's Capt. Auction out here anyway.

#10424 9 years ago

There is usually good reason why games are low production when the companies were still cranking out games. Things get built and tested on location. Sometimes they get tweeked or artwork changes, but sometimes they just cut their losses and moved on.

#10430 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

cj, you gotta at least go take a look...

Had my Secret Agent inform me of the games down there. Apparently, the prices are pretty high and they weren't budging on the prices early in the day. The condition of many are pretty sorry. For example, they are asking around $1600 for the Captain Fantastic (the only game in the lot that actually works) while there are a number of other CF for sale in the $900 range.

$800 for the OXO. Backglass badly faded. $600 for Jubilee.

The King of Diamonds, and Fast Draw are, however, gone.

Jukes were high and some are even missing their mechs or major parts like AMPs etc.

Perhaps they will be more ready to deal come the final hours of Sunday?

#10462 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

What of the Dragon?

Although my source did not leave with the Dragon, he does have some interest in it and may go back if its still there. Therefore, I feel I must refrain from commenting on it for now. Sorry.

#10464 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

What is a fair price to ask? Considering everything else is in good condition?

There are a few titles of late Gott., Full production wedge heads that have recently risen in price point. The three that come to mind are Jacks Open, Abracadabra, and, Atlantis. Therefore, these titles tend to sell for slightly higher than what others may normally pay. Just like the DMD collectors, its all about supply and demand.

Obviously, you have noticed that games can cover a wide range of pricing depending mostly on cosmetics (cabinet, playfield, backglass) and any and all of those can drastically raise or lower the value. So, while the "average" condition game may typically sell for $400 to $800, there are a few games that show up no the market that actually sell for more than $2K because of their original or expertly restored condition.

Personally, I feel the "Pancake House" Atlantis in AZ was way over priced at the original $1500. While others wondered why it was still available. Even at the $1200 price point, I personally would think it was a bit on the high side. However, I would say that current trends would have easily put the value in the $800 to $1000 range. I base this on your photo that shows the left side of the playfield. While it doesn't have paint loss, it does have damage that covers a large area and it therefore somewhat difficult to "touch up". Unfortunately, some game titles tend to always have the same kind of damage in the same areas. Atlantis is appearing to be one of them. Perhaps Gottlieb got a softer than normal batch of playfield lumber during that period. The damage to the lower portion of the head could be easily addressed.

As has been mentioned in the past, very few, if any, EMs are ever worth the added cost of transport or shipping so it is difficult to ever expect to get that back in resale (unless the game is extremely rare).

Others have addressed the unfortunate damage to the bottom that occurred. This still could effect the selling price. Not everyone is willing to over look it, or have the willingness to undertake the repair. But it is a "minor" defect to an otherwise better than average example of Atlantis.

#10490 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

kick off! - $600 - great falls (va)
interesting looking pf... could be a fun machine...
" target="_blank">washingtondc.craigslist.org link
Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideimage.jpg

image.jpg 27 KB

It is a fun machine. I think the Artwork keeps people away from it for the most part. I stumbled on one at a Garage sale and was pleasantly surprised by the play.

#10500 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

A dusty old Sky Jump dry storage for 15 years (with horribly flaking glass and average Cab)....what's the sane price?

Depending on Playfield Condtion, probably only $150-$400. Not sure if the Repro backglasses are still available??

#10505 9 years ago

Stange World, Small World (about 10 minutes away).

#10507 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

" target="_blank">denver.craigslist.org link

He wants $400...

Based on the condition of the head, the cabinet looks like it might be a bit rough. With a Backglass that toasted, I would not put it at $400 unless the playfield were pristine. Looks more like a $250 game or less. At $250-$300 for a BGResto, you still only have a $500-$600 game after all the work to bring it up to standards.

#10588 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This one won't last...

I Hope She gets her asking price.

#10663 9 years ago

In China, 2015 is the year of the Sheep. It is looking like in America, it is the year of the Sky Jump!

#10783 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Yea, that would be almost worth it. Seems like a couple of those 60's title wedgeheads are under priced?!

But do we really know what the price is for each game? The ad simply says $350. About the only one there that would normally be around that price is the Big Brave. The others I would expect a higher price on them. However, I also seem to see a 70's Pachinko Machine on the far right. Some people think those things are worth $350. That might be what the other 11 "pinball" games are that aren't pictured.

If under $1K, the Kings and Queens would certainly be worth a short road trip.

#10794 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

lawman - $600 - trexlertown (pa)
allentown.craigslist.org link

image.jpg 29 KB

It appears someone really expanded on the cabinet artwork on that one.

#10795 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

happy tour - $200 - east hampton (ny)
project... cool looking artwork... i like...
longisland.craigslist.org link

image.jpg 31 KB

Low production AAB of Grand Tour (only 250 made).

#10802 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Weird ad

Wadyamean? You know California is the land of Fruits and Nuts!

1 week later
#10942 9 years ago

Oh my! What the Hell happened to poor Jungle King:

#10970 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

2001 > Jet Spin
I sold Jet Spin after 5 minutes of ownership. Gameplay is catch and release, over and over. Not enough flow. Great artwork though!

Completely agree. I prefer Jungle Queen/Princess over Super/Jet spin. I am just not a big fan of Roto Targets except when used with the #1 - #7 games. And I just don't like the single ball rules of Target Alpha / Solar City. They changed the drain lane physics to increase ball time compared to El Dorado. That is why you can often get almost all 15 targets on one ball.

2001 is definitely better than both if you don't mind the 2" flippers (which I don't). It will kick your butt most games but then you get that one game where everything clicks and you get to rack up multiple credits. Of course, there is also that game where you knock down all but 1 or 2 targets early in the game and then fight and never get the last one(s)! Such a great game and cool artwork.

#10988 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

This:
raleigh.craigslist.org link

Wow. I think I would pass on that one even for free. Parts game for sure.

#11003 9 years ago

From the Photos, I would agree that the El Dorado has a lot of flaking behind the name and possibly other areas. But Shay has it in stock for $295.

#11005 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

When I got my El D repro from Shay last year, at the time he said it was his last one (despite what the website says). Might be worth confirming.

Yes, I thought they were sold out a while ago. So, just going by what the website says (which may not be very up to date). Without a glass available, I am not sure I would invest $1200 in that one. Not without seeing better photos of the playfield. But it looks like its has the typical dinging in the yellow area. The saving grace is that Wade is supposed to do another run of ED Playfields shortly. But it would suck to have a perfect playfield and then have to look at that backglass.

#11006 9 years ago

Duplicate post. PS editor is up to no good again!

#11012 9 years ago

Tough Call. Obvioulsy, ED is a highly sought after title and doesn't come up for sale very often. However, this one has some issues. As mentioned, the backglass. Something funky going on with the Red Name as if it has been retouched. Also, damage in the Cowboy on the horse. But at least it doesn't appear to have the normal foam tape damage along the lower right area.

The Playfield looks a bit rough as if it went a long time uncleaned or had a rusty ball rolling around on it. Paint loss above the upper left flipper as well as out of the top arch gate. So, even after a good cleaning, there may be a lot of dull spots. And at least 1 missing Drop Target. Its costly to buy a whole set if you can't find someone with a good used pull to match.

Cabinet looks good except for the few spots mentioned. However, the coin door may have been broken into at one time (looks to me like it has the ripple along the right edge) but that is minor if the finish is still nice.

It would seem like an okay buy locally at $800 tops, but not sure about tacking on the $400 shipping without being able to see better photos of it (not sure if Pinside editor reduced them drastically).

1 week later
#11127 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Yup, would love to have that. Funny thing is, they made 5000 of them, so says IPDb!
If that cabinet is a repaint, they did a nice job.

I am guessing it is since it appears the coin door and insert plate have been chromed.

#11204 9 years ago

Is this still politically correct???

I remember having a Pencil eraser in the shape of the Bandito!
frito.jpgfrito.jpg

Velveeta used to make good trout bait before Zeke's Floating bait came along! Long before there was Power Bait.

#11234 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

You're unbelievably lucky...

I think they make them really small so it is easier to clean the grease off the walls. That's assuming they ever bother.....

I think the sign is the best part of a Waffle House.

#11260 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

El Dorado- $300
" target="_blank">sfbay.craigslist.org link
Aloha-
medford.craigslist.org link

Wow. I wonder how many calls he has received on that ED. Haven't seen one priced that low in decades. Needs a new BG and possibly a Wade Playfield (next run ) but what a great starter for that price. Bingos about right or 50 bucks too high but you don't see the late model ones show up very often except back east and then they are way over priced since they know how much money was made on them.

#11271 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

here on pinside...
bally kick off - $325 - arlington heights (IL)
bg toasted, real nice looking pf... score motor runs eternally...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bally-kick-off-em
Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hidekickoff.jpg

kickoff.jpg 56 KB

Too bad about the Backglass. Its actually a very fun game with Butt Ugly Artwork to go with it. If only it had received the art of something like Hokus Pokus or Aladdin's Castle!

3 weeks later
#11513 8 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

That is a great looking Hurdy Gurdy, particularly given the description "Fair or Better condition."
We just had one shipped to California, trying to get some of those add a balls on this coast, but I've gotta ask, is it really that easy to win extra balls on this game? I just got it working this weekend and we're still playing it without plastics so I can't really say what targets I'm hitting, but with average, not-really-trying, test play, I'm getting 2 or 3 added balls per game. Is there an adjustment I haven't found yet?
This is the first AAB we've set up. We've got a few others waiting their turn, I'm wondering if they're all that generous.

From my limited experience, yes. It is too easy. I played on at Chicago Expo one year. After getting EB after EB with no end in sight, I just walked away. Just more evidence that AAB games are perpetual hell (IMO).

#11541 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Being that I live near the west coast, I do see quite a few come up for sale. But rarely any that I want.
Plenty of Dave Cristensen "mustache man" machines available though-
losangeles.craigslist.org link

I think there was a Monte Carlo in just about every pinball venue that housed more than a few games back in the day out here is So Cal. They certainly show up for sale on a regular basis.

#11545 8 years ago

Here you see him when he was much younger and hadn't started dying his hair yet.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=28&picno=27498

#11549 8 years ago

Don't confuse Paul's Mustache man with that of Dave. You can definitely tell Dave's style on the playfield and Paul's on the BG. Too Bad Dave didn't get to finish what he had planned for the BG on Future spa.

Here, his mustache was a bit out of control:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1969&picno=39175

Mustache man even made a visit overseas:
Mustache.jpgMustache.jpg

#11559 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yes... but... the location near the trash cans and garbage makes one sad. :/

I hope its not outside (like it appears) as we got a decent amount of rain throughout So Cal last night with a chance of more showers this morning.

#11595 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

every time I see Aquarius for sale they NEVER show a picture of the kickout area.
that area is always hammered. I never seen one without wear. planking is an issue with this title also.
that is another hard title to find in my area. I would grab one if it was in above average condition.

Those pictures do show enough to see that there is extreme where above the pop bumpers in the kick out area - at least for 3 of the kick out holes.

3 weeks later
#11704 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here is a nice looking two player Preview pinball machine.

Top portion of the backglass has been completely reconstructed. And the 3 Dancing girls to the right look like Hot Dogs?? Who knows how much else has been hand painted.
But hey, they say its a "Killer Deal" at $1250.

#11708 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is more my style. I sent him a message when it first came up but haven't heard back yet.

Wow. I would be tempted to turn the flippers around. Looks like super short ball times on that one!

#11710 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just got the response. I am going to get it. Vultures stay clear!

Cool. Good Luck. It actually looks like a fun challenging layout. I don't say that very often about any wood rails.

#11745 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ask the seller if he has 25 dollars worth of rusted out crap legs...bent or size doesn't matter. Have him plastic wrap the real legs to the top of the game. When the game arrives woodrail WOOD legs are perfectly wrapped and you can just chuck the crap legs or recycle them.

Aren't wood rail playfield glasses Plate Glass (not Tempered)? I would be afraid the legs would break the top glass and then you have lots of shards making damage the rest of the trip.

#11815 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

This is a excellent "spotting" thread where we can help each other find great games. Sometimes I think about posting a list here but I'm not sure which games are worth linking here.

Post any you find. Let the viewer decide whether or not to pursue. One man's Junk is another one's Treasure! Even the over priced ones are good for a laugh or two.

3 weeks later
#12114 8 years ago

That's a very nice looking super soccer from the photos. hard to believe that someone that once bought new bulbs and rubbers would simply give it away. If local, I would certainly be on my way!

#12125 8 years ago

I go with top right too.

Bottom right looks like a young John Belushi to me.

#12147 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Some various looks thru the ages
You will have to guess which is most current.

No fair, you snuck a photo of Joe Cocker in there!

#12166 8 years ago

Assuming I was looking at a BGResto Nipply Jumping Jack at the Recent PAGG, I was very disappointed in the product.

1. They add a black line around the score reel windows.
2. The score reel windows did not line up (there was a second game there with the same resto glass and alignment issue).
3. As has been mentioned, the pigment is very dark and usually requires bright LEDs to compensate.
4. Some of the colors are incorrect. On JJ, the blues and purples were way off (to my eyes).

#12167 8 years ago

Here's a cheap one: Jolly Roger $150

#12168 8 years ago

It really does just need a "fuse". Well, a fuse holder or 4, anyway......

ventura.craigslist.org link

#12252 8 years ago

Was there even a Thunderbird in the Silverman dumping? A lot of Wood Rails hit the market then but few were in decent shape.

#12291 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

$200 specials!! Go get EM...

Phoenix
$200 Count Down (non-EM forgive me)
phoenix.craigslist.org link

I would be all over that Count Down if it were in So Cal. Someone will get a good deal on a starter project. I can see it is missing some stuff but they don't show up for sale cheap all that often.

2 weeks later
#12378 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here's another great deal.
palmsprings.craigslist.org link

$500 for the game, $3000.00 for the flyer.

#12457 8 years ago
Quoted from gottem:

$550 Bally Flicker
" target="_blank">providence.craigslist.org link
$200 Gottlieb Duotron
" target="_blank">worcester.craigslist.org link
$200 Williams Fun-Fest (same seller as Duotron!)
worcester.craigslist.org link

Sacrilege! A plastic Close Encounters spinner on a Bally!!

3 weeks later
#12783 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Barn find El Dorado for $450:
nh.craigslist.org link

Hope you got it! 6 hours later, the ads gone already.

#12833 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Love the artwork on that!

Even though they usually screw up the paint on the score apron, I love seeing old operator stickers on games that resurface.
Baril.jpgBaril.jpg

#12883 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Ok EM heads, please help me out...I'm not out in left field here am I? I need to move these, any constructive criticism or realistic advice would be great. Thanx in advance.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs5-em-pins-different-levels-of-status-socal

It appears, you already sold the only game of any real value. Based on your description, the Paddock is just a parts game (regardless of completeness). Not very sought after and certainly not worth the work required to bring it up to playable quality. M/R has some value but again, probably not too many people that want to take on a cabinet repaint etc. for a so-so game. Just about any CC pinball won't command any value except to the uneducated public buyer that is just looking for a deal and doesn't know any better. But they want fully shopped, working 100%, delivery and a Warranty!

I would have thought there would be interest in the $1500 Official Baseball but I think the days of super high priced pitch and bats are mostly behind us now (other than high end restorations for people with deep pockets). Probably more like a $1K game as it sits - you might want to call Herb Silvers at Fab Fan. and see if he needs another one to restore. But he will probably low ball you even more. However, he always keeps in mind the cost to bring them in sight unseen from out of state when he is desperate need of one for a customer request.

If you really need to move them, haul them down to Captains auction and be done with them. Let them go for what they will.

#12892 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would be willing to throw that in as part of the deal.

Really? I heard all your business transactions were done through your Personal Assistant and that you have absolutely NO contact with the general public.........

#12910 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Additionally... neither Bally nor Williams ever used those horrible rotating Gottlieb "relay steppers". I HATE them. They must die.

Actually, they did, in later years. Both Williams AND Bally pretty much copied the design using a small relay coil and an armature with a spring loaded nylon piece to advance a small gear. It didn't make financial sense to keep using a full size stepper just for the match feature.

For Williams, you can see one located near the very top center of this picture of a Grand Prix: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1072&picno=16800

Same here for Bally on an Old Chicago:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1704&picno=54699

#12946 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Capt. Fantastic $2790
Look at that shooter lane! This guy is selling 3 games on CL and they all are high priced. But they also are really nice looking machines.

Forget the shooter lane. Take a gander at that pretty gold door bell on the front!

#12948 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What in the world? That doesn't look normal.

Its NOT! You would think after spending bookoo bucks on a cabinet repaint, you wouldn't slap a $1.59 door bell button on the front. Make you wonder about the ability of the "Tech" that did the work. Doesn't know how to short a switch blade on the credit unit for Free Play?

#12965 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Yes it's the 4P Bronco and not the 2P Mustang

Yes, but at least its not a Bally El Toro!

#12968 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Which is worse?

I would give Bally El Toro the edge as being one of the worst every produced. At least Bronco/Mustang have drop targets and are a Gottlieb but I would classify them and Duotron/Magnotron as two of their worst in the 70's. And its a shame because I LOVE the G/M Artwork.

#12976 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I don't know if I've ever played an "El Toro", but it looks terrible as well. How 'bout Bally "Circus"/"Big Show"? They were pretty horrible from what I recall. Really nothing to do except build up the bonus.

Yup. Not much more to do than build bonus to light EB and then Special. But hey, when you are only 11 and just starting to play pinball, you don't want deep challenges, just the easiest way to win more free games. Those wide open alleys up to the top were pretty shoot-able for a beginner. Too bad they didn't at least have the Spinner feature of Flicker and Champ. Amigo is another rather sparse layout but with the spinner, it makes it a fun game. I was kind of shocked when a fairly clean average playing Amigo sold out here at Auction for $900 plus tax and tip. I would have classified it as a $400-$500 game. But someone must have really fallen in love with it during preview (or 2 someones). I can't imagine the owner bidding it up that high and expecting to take it home because it didn't pull $800??? Maybe it was heading to a Mexican Restaurant?

But hey, Look at how successful Darling/Jubilee were for their time. Now, most wouldn't touch one for even $200 in nice shape. But its a great beginner game. Just hold the flippers up and let the Kickers play for you.

#12979 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Centigrade of the Lambs... harrisburg.craigslist.org link

Ugg! I bet a lot of that Duct Tape is going to pull some paint off. But we will probably never know since its about $1K-$1500 overpriced even for a C37.

#12984 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Add "ROGO" to that list as well.
Played both as a kid and they were awful. I would take a Gottlieb Magnotron/Duotron, Mustang/Bronco over them any day of the week.
Ken

Disagree. Its not great but its a far cry from bad. The turn around packs a big reward (5000 + 5 Bonus Adv. AND special at times) but at a huge risk (Straight down the middle). Plus on-playfield Collect Bonus. I find it much more fun than Time Zone/Space Time.

But there are so many games from that time that don't hold up for home collections. On location, they were typically slow, dirty, and weak so they appeared easy but were hard to beat. Give them a proper shopping out and they become far too easy for the accomplished player.

#13016 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Hypothetically if you had a HH and a Capt Card, what is transferrable between the 2? Is the wiring completely different due to the reset of the drops?

Just about every major component (head, playfield, bottom relay board) are drastically different in order to support Replay vs. AAB logic.

So, only individual components (relays, steppers etc.) would be transferable but not entire assemblies.

#13023 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

CactusJack is correct, but if you'd like to accomplish the same effect without necessarily duplicating the AAB to a "T"... it is possible.
The main difference between AAB and replay games is the ball count stepper. AAB games can count up and down via eleven positions (1-10 and game over) on the wheel... whereas replay versions only count upwards from 1-5. Thus, the best option would be to award a "shoot again" option by preventing the increment stepper from firing on the next drain.
I imagine you'd accomplish this by installing a NC relay on the ball count circuit. You'd have to wire it so that the relay opens once all of the drops are down. Likely by piggybacking a new switch onto the special relay stack. The relay would remain open until a new ball is launched... effectively awarding you an extra ball. You'd also have to wire in another relay to reset the drops again. I think High Hand desperately needs this hack because the drops stay down for the rest of the game... *blech*
I'm going to implement something like this on my Flip-A-Card for the same reason: Cards stay lit + no special points + no extra balls = no motivation to shoot for the targets. Will post the details when I get the layout finalized. Same thing for 2001... will be changed to reset the drops upon completion and maybe also award an extra ball.

There is another way ("hack") that was performed by Operators back in the day. That was to use the Replay unit as an "Extra Ball" counter. If the replay unit was at 0, the ball count was allowed to increment. If it was >0, you would decrement the replay unit and re-serve a ball (not changing the ball in play).

The drop target reset is a whole other enchilada but has been documented on the net for some of the Gottlieb games.

BTW, some of the later Gottlieb AAB games were done like this using WOWs or Flags on the backglass to represent stored extra balls with the normal 3 or 5 Ball count unit being used instead of the 0 to 9 Balls to Play.

1 week later
#13163 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Orbit for $300 pf & bg don't look too bad from the pics (rusty coin door, coin entrance housing, and legs)

$300 is a much better buy for the Orbit than 300 for that Mustang. Most Orbit and Outer Space backglasses are blown out at the mans face and the name. That one looks to be a really nice in those areas. But starting to show some damage in the ball count area which is another problem spot for that game.

And its actually a pretty fun game. Made the operators lots of money back in the day (but then, so did Jungle/Wild Life). IF the Orbit were in So Cal, I would probably go and pick it up enjoy it for a while, and then pass it on to someone else. Just cover up the coin door, entry and rusty legs with hammer tone finish paint. Its certainly not worth the 3 repro parts without a full cabinet paint and then you would be into it for way more than an Orbit is worth even restored.

#13183 8 years ago

Yes. Red Velvet tends to hold up very well to cracks or scratches.....

Glad they thought that would be the tidbit the buyer would be most interested to know.

1 week later
#13300 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's kind of tempting to make the five hour round trip drive and add this two player to my collection.

You do realize that the backglass is touched up to some extent?

#13312 8 years ago
Quoted from scokes:

This beauty just popped up. It is NICE!!! but not in my budget
joplin.craigslist.org link

The base game for building your own Whoa Nellie, Big Juicy Melons.

#13315 8 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

I prefer Canada Dry.

For art yes, but it has the same "Bonus" rules of the other multiplayer games. That's what puts ED at the top for me. I like the challenge of 15 targets over 5 balls as the drain lanes are far less forgiving on the Single Player vs the multiplayer titles. And with ED and Gold Strike, you can actually "Shoot" for the specials, not just "hope" for one.

#13324 8 years ago

Did this Big Hit get posted yet? Sorry if its a repeat but still listed today. Seems like a fair price ($750). Typical Backglass Damage.

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
#13444 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Williams Jakcpot $500
"I was in the process of restoring it but the wife said get it out of the garage.. winter is coming and she wants to park her car"

Yes, Winters can be pretty rough out here in Southern California.

1 week later
#13475 8 years ago

Norm Clark, or someone at Williams must have really liked the layout as it appears again in 1979 on 3 Jokers/Straight Flush in single player form (and spinner in center of playfield).

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2393&picno=2278

#13479 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Also looks like the left outlane might be set up for a kick back lane.

No, that's just that super wide open Double drain-lane-unless-the-gates-open left side like on Jive Time. But at least Jive time had a special there as part of the gate. That floating gate seemed like one of the strangest features I had ever played.

And at least Expo has the upper gate (like Doozie) and lower shooter lane gate both of which Roto is sadly lacking. One must assume they wanted much shorter ball times on Roto.

#13518 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Always liked the backglass on this one-
" target="_blank">losangeles.craigslist.org link
So It looks like Pro-Football now has some company in the linked games department. I thought we all agreed that would be the house game here!

See what happens when you step away from the Keyboard for a while.......

Let's hope people don't start linking every title they find to post.

2 weeks later
#13577 8 years ago

Seems kind of funny to post a photo of ones garage with all those big floor safes included in the shot. But then, I think I also see some shell reloading stations in the background, so, "enter at your own risk!".

#13590 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

50s Pinball Machine-

That one ain't movin' anytime soon at $1K for a really rough Spin Wheel.

#13636 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

This old Nudgy is pretty. Hopefully with recent weather it made it out of the trailer.
appleton.craigslist.org link

Another one of those transition games where Flippers were showing up and Operators started putting retrofit kits into older games (Nudgy was made without flippers, thus the name).

2 weeks later
#13714 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

For this price this looks decent shape. buffalo.craigslist.org link

Wow! You don't see the AAB of Travel Time very often. That backglass is about to go big time. If you get it, be very careful and clear coat it immediately. $200 is a great price for that one!

#13731 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Is it really an AAB, since Summertime and Traveltime just adds extra time (seconds) not extra balls??
or am i mis-remembering?

I guess you are kind of right Tom. Travel time does have a replay/credit unit and you can win free games off score. But Summer Time does not have the credit unit. And just like Tropic Fun vs Gulfstream, the score values on the playfield are 10X the value.

Not having seen either game in person, I would assume the backglass features the 100,000, 200,000 etc. lighting since they didn't bother adding the 6th score reel.

But yes, both are based on time and not balls to play. So, I don't know what you would call these oddities?

#13733 8 years ago

Like you pointed out, I was wrong about the playfield, I was reading the flyer and it stated that special awarded 50,000 and 25 seconds so I assumed it was a different valued playfield.

#13805 8 years ago

Boy, O-din, you sure are sportin' a lot of wood these days!

First gone were DMDs. Then 3" flippers. Now gone is the Stainless Steel.

#13838 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

$700 is good price if glass and playfield are good.

It could just be the photograph but to my eyes, it appears the Coin Door, Strike, Insert Bezel, and Legs have all been painted gray or Tijuana Chrome. The "300" in the backglass looks to be faded (common for this game). I am thinking $700 might be a bit steep for this title. Its a fun game but certainly not one many people are desperately seeking.

#13855 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It gets cold in the garage this time of year and woodrails are more pleasant to the touch than cold stainless steel.

A word of warning: Watch out for major temperature swings on the Backglass art. I had a very nice Fast Draw that was an otherwise perfect looking backglass. I placed it on location in a large warehouse type Pool Hall where it would get very cold at night. I often had to wear a jacket in the morning hours until things heated up a bit. The games would get powered up each day and then bake for 12 hours. Within only a couple of weeks, it had crinkled all the artwork that was exposed to the back lighting. I attributed this to the drastic temp swings the backglass saw each 24 hour period in the winter months.

I would hate to see those beautiful Wood Rails deteriorate on you. Maybe one of those oil radiator type space heaters would do well centered in the Garage space to prevent extreme lows? We all know how dangerous normal space heaters can be when left unattended.

#13860 8 years ago

Edit: Never mind.

2 weeks later
#13923 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

there are a $1000 in lockbars alone!

I didn't see a single lockdown bar in any picture. Did you?

1 week later
#14038 8 years ago
Quoted from huelagan:

" target="_blank">inlandempire.craigslist.org link
3 Williams machines - $200 each - No pics
Willians 4 Roses
Williams Strike Zone
Williams Beat Time

Have you ever been to Norco? Even at those low prices, I don't think the trip is worth the Smell of Cow Urine and Manure. LOL.

#14054 8 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Top Card $300
denver.craigslist.org link

Boy, that shouldn't last long.

#14105 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yes quite similar to 2001 but Target Pool plays somewhat slower due to the single pop up top and wider spaces between it, the slings, and the standup targets. More to shoot for, but less flow. I guess you need both! :p
Played Dimension for the first time at Arcade Expo and despite being leveled properly w/snappy action it was stupid easy! First game ever: Rolled the score twice, earned 15 extra balls, just kept going on forever. Too many adapted AAB's seem to have this issue since they weren't originally designed that way... just a casual observation.
Any way to crank up the difficulty?

Nick,

Did you play it before, or after Saturday morning? It was broken and not working correctly at first. I finally got it so it would reset the completed target bank(s) on ball drain like it should.

The reason the dimension at Arcade Expo is too easy is that it is 100% DC. Someone added bridge rectifier to all the kickers, pops, and even the flippers. iMHO, this will make any game much too easy for an accomplished player. This is the same reason why I don't use color dot coils on my games.

Of course, the average player will gravitate to those games and feel they are the best copies they have ever played. So, to each, their own.

And, for that same reason, I refer to AAB games as: Perpetual Hell.

As to target pool, it is a great game.

#14106 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Get a 2001!
You could raise or lower the game to change the play. And, if there's a liberal/conservative setting (not sure) go with that. It's too bad you couldn't change it so instead lighting wows and getting a free ball when you get one bank of targets down (2 colors), you have to get both banks down (all targets). That would shorten game play for sure.

Besides the obvious 3/5 ball setting, 2001 has a 3 colors or 4 colors for lighting the specials.

And, of course, there is an article how to rewire it to reset the targets.

#14108 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Aha! That explains it. The drops weren't resetting after ball drain... stoopit easy that way. D'oh! Should have tried it after the CJ/Pete treatment. BTW, you guys are my pinball sensei's.
Agreed... too much power isn't good. I experimented with orange dot flipper coils in a few of my games but eventually reverted them back to original spec. One exception was Pro-Football. Plays better with a pair of orange dots on the lowest pair of flippers. Might have kept a pair installed in King Pin as well... can't recall.
I have two 2001's and was planning to do the drop target reset mod... but decided against it. The challenge of rolling the score is perfectly balanced as-is. With resetting drops, it might become too easy to roll it with all of those 300 point kickouts and lanes activated.

I know it has been argued before but I like the knock of replays even in the home environment. It's always rewarding to have that game where you go from zero credits and chase trying to manage 15 replays off multiple specials. Maybe the "reset to zero credits at each game start" mod is in order?

#14112 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'd probably do that on Ice Revue and Buccaneer. On a good game I can click up 7-8 credits at a time. Must have been scary to operate these games near pro players...

The local bowling alley had games that played well and were relatively easy to beat ( even for a 10 year old beginner). All games were limited to 5 credits max. That was one way to control it. At the local pool hall (where I figure the "pros" played), the games were extremely hard to beat.

The beauty of a Gottlieb single player is after the that 9 replay game, you could have 9 straight loser games. But not if you use color dot coils.

#14128 8 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Maybe for o-din?
I'm about 35 miles away.
Price dropped to $350

seems fishy. Address puts it in a strip mall with a Little Caesars Pizza.

#14178 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

newjersey.craigslist.org link

Swing Along: Not working, Top glass missing, and: "Need Gone ASAP" and no price listed. Be interesting to see what that sells for?

#14196 8 years ago
Quoted from Reddogger:

"the playfield is a little worn"...
newyork.craigslist.org link

And, can you imagine how worn out all those cheap CC mechanical parts are after enough plays to do that to the playfield? LOL

#14203 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wedgheads a plenty.. and others.
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

And many of them the Add-A-Ball versions!

1 week later
#14336 8 years ago

Looks like a CC Speadway or Speed King driver.

Side art might be of an Artic Gun or maybe a shuffle bowler with that turquoise color scheme?

I see the side control panel of an Asteroids (the white on black spider web looking thing.)

Also, Gottlieb Counterforce.

Good Call on the Twin Win. Not much to go on if you don't own the machine.

#14356 8 years ago

You realize you guys are driving the price up of about 3 select Williams titles! Soon, they could pass the typical Wedge Head pricing.

#14392 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I miss the days when we argued about rollercoasters, hot dogs, and soda pop.

I thought it was Charcoal vs. Propane?

Remember, Hank Hill sells propane and propane accessories!

#14412 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

OK, fair enough, let's start over.
I can't speak for everyone, but CCM games were generally poorer players, manufacturing quality just wasn't up to snuff, there's lot of reasons. I played them back in the day and I just never felt they were very good games. If someone else wants to collect them and restore them or whatever, have at it, more pinballs staying alive in the world. That someone just won't be me.

You CAN speak for me since I totally agree with you. And, I agree with O-din that the artwork flat out sucked (70's speaking). I can't believe they even let them out of the factory with such inferior artwork to the other Big 3. Even most foreign games had better artwork. And, yes, there seemed to be a lot of cost cutting going on in the quality of their assemblies.

There were, however, two titles I know got a lot of play when they were new: Red Baron/Blue Max and Hollywood/Cinema.

Of course, if you go a bit further back, there are a number of people that really like Casino with its dual spinner tables.

If you continue further back, it seems that they were lacking in play features but at least the artwork was better and fit the times. But still, there are very few people that seem to want to have any taking up a valuable spot on their collection floor.

#14426 8 years ago

I see Super Star, not triple action:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2446&picno=22728

Looks like there is a Jack in the Box head behind the shuffle alley leg that looks like a thin bat:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1277&picno=30987

Looks like a Dealers Choice or Lucky Ace sitting across the top:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1483&picno=14289

#14427 8 years ago

I think the long white head with the trees is a CC Rifle Gallery

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=arcadedb&id=63&image=1

#14441 8 years ago

Tom pretty spot on with the Wild Life and that's a good price if the backglass isn't toast (most are pretty bad - if not flaking, usually faded).

It is, however, a good starter or kids game ( I know all my nieces and nephews loved it. They sold a ton because it was a good earner.

The local bowling alley wired the spinner to advance bonus an had the lower outlane posts on conservative which would open up the special lanes for back door shots which could award 2 replays!

Waxed and with fresh rubber, the 1000 point pop bumper action is fun too.

Again, a fun game. Just not deap at all.

#14504 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The times, they are a changing.

I guess so. I thought you were afraid of Clowns?

#14512 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That wasn't me. I grew up watching Bozo's Big Top. He was pretty good with those balloons.

Was Hobo Kelly considered a clown?

#14528 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

Well, a game without an 'on playfield' special doesn't help.
Outlane specials, 'yes' but...
And a sixties 'single player' no less!!
This is a game you won't find here.

Maybe that's why (outlane only special) Magic City doesn't really appeal to me like it should?

#14576 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

HOU only games don't have extra bolts on the coin door surely?
The first game I ever bought was a HUO Crosstown.
Yeah, right, I was duped! So obvious now but I had no idea at the time.

Maybe they just need to drop the O in HUO! Magic City came out in January of 67. So, it was probably 1 year off route when they bought it. Or, they simply have no sense of time unless its associated with life event like the 9 year olds tale. I probably have the lock bracket to match those three holes in the coin door!

#14583 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Three EM Playfields near Seattle. I think they're all Williams? Not sure what games they are. If anyone needs feet on the ground here to go look at them for any reason, let me know.
" target="_blank">seattle.craigslist.org link
" target="_blank">seattle.craigslist.org link
seattle.craigslist.org link

Bally Space Time / Time Zone
Williams Miss O / Cue T (Can't tell if Replay or AAB).
Williams Darling/Jubilee

1 week later
#14670 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Mini Golf is an expensive game. Every once in a while you'll see one under $3000 but it's not common.

Totally agree. Its actually the Pro Football that's rather overpriced.

#14673 8 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

What would the value of the Pro football be?

Even though its a fun game and I personally like it, its not one of the more sought after Wedgeheads so they usually don't command much of a price. And that 4500 production run is actually about double what many games in that era received. They seem to come up for auction/sale a lot in recent months.

Its hard to tell from the photos (especially the condition of the metal - legs, coin door etc.). I am wondering about what went on with the top of the Header where it is discolored.

Pro Football backglasses are usually very bad. Either flaking or at least faded. This one has good colors and doesn't seem to have too much flaking but it does appear to be going behind the name (Pro Football) where there were usually flashers installed that would get stuck on and were very hot. Playfield seems okay but obviously needs a total shop job.

Based on what we can see in the photos, I think $250-$450 is more in line for a PF unless it were here in So Cal.

#14676 8 years ago

I thought we already saw that toasted pair of jungle and JITB show up for sale and someone here on pinside was hard at work on them. Could there be two pairs out there?

3 weeks later
#14777 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

That machine should be gone within an hour. Oh wait it is 5 hours later......I will rephrase that....It was most likely sold 4 hours ago.

I don't know Rat? I was the lone bidder on a Sing Along in Phoenix, AZ a few years back. Got it for $400 and it is in much nicer condition than that one including a near perfect backglass! I still couldn't believe no one else bid on it. As I recall, I had a slightly higher proxy in but was very happy to get it for the opening bid of $400. Fortunately, I had family local to it to go snatch it up for me and then deliver it to So Cal. I guess at that time, people were afraid of EMs that didn't work.

So, I guess we will see........

#14795 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You know what I want for my birthday?

Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hidecoalkrate002_(resized).jpg

That was one Crate I didn't know they made. Always wanted one but not at $600-$1600 these days. Just like Pinball prices.

#14797 8 years ago

That El Toro already looks like it was left outside.......

#14808 8 years ago

O-din, In our older thread, what did they call the stick shift on those? Nard Crushers?

#14813 8 years ago

I tried that and went over the jump too slow. Ended up Endo-ing and smacking my forehead on the Pavement. Might explain a lot of my problems???

#14814 8 years ago

Hey O-din, Maybe he will trade for a Pinball?

Or, how 'bout this one: NIB

#14867 8 years ago

Yes, before we all get a thread Reject, we should probably save the bike, dinner, dessert talk for Odin's old thread.

#14874 8 years ago

Champion is probably THE best Bally 1 ball out there. Problem is, they use the same amount of space whether they are set up or stored.

1 week later
#14906 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

And this thread brings so much fun and joy to the group (especially when it goes OT),
whereas the only other thread to surpass this one in postings is the JPop thread which
only brings tears and jeers.

I think the Ghost Busters thread has overtaken the Jpop one which is certainly a good thing.

2 weeks later
#15021 7 years ago
Quoted from Ramtuathal:

Contacted seller on Spanish Eyes for $75 in Phoenix. It was legit, but the seller has since discovered the machine is actually working and has no idea how to re-price it. I sent him some data, so I'd expect that ad to get pulled and relisted higher than $75. I had my fingers crossed on that one, but I had to be a nice guy and tell him that if it's working, it's worth a bit more than $75.

If the backglass isn't flaking on the bottom ( like many do) and not thrashed elsewhere, it's a $400 plus game. One of the better Williams single players (and some of us appreciate the unique artwork). If you can get it for $250, it's a great deal (IMO)

#15033 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I was to get a pitch and bat I think the home run ramp would be a must.

I think Score Reels and 2 player aspect is also a "must factor".

#15056 7 years ago

Flip Flop is an OK, pin. But that price is about $500 too high. You can see these go for around $400 since most people aren't seeking them. Fully shopped and working and immaculate, I think it might be tough to get $600 even here in So Cal.

I guess we will see.

I happen to love the artwork.

3 weeks later
#15125 7 years ago

Since its in the pop bumper rebuild sentence , he might have been referring to the metal and "fiber" yokes that attach to the plunger.

1 week later
#15175 7 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

That "A-Go-GO" looks just like Suspense....3 years later! But Suspense does get rated a solid "8" on ipdb.....

Maybe it's because they replace two of the flippers with 3" on Suspense .

1 week later
#15264 7 years ago

I sure wish an inexpensive Lawman would show up in SoCal. I would want a photo too, but would be willing to drive the 80 miles for a 350 lawman.

1 week later
#15336 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This guy's looking for an analog pinball machine. I wonder if that means us?

most would consider Analog to be the opposite of Digital. So, guessing he means EM! Which is going to be quite a hunk of junk if he is only willing to go $200. Perhaps a Rough Darling, or Jubilee. Or Maybe Bally El Toro!

#15351 7 years ago

Toledo is an excellent Williams parts game. But not at 400.

#15356 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Thinking of throwing this up on CL. What's it worth? Rebuilt target assemblies, new legs/levelers, flippers, sealed the somewhat flaking glass, full clean/wax/rubbers, no broken plastics, cabinet is good/average, playfield is nice. Fun game.

Based on what I see, I would start at $800. You might get more than that on eBay. Very nice looking game! Nice work.

#15361 7 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Good deal on the Big Indian...nice backglass! Last one I worked on, all the blue was flaking!

Glass isn't all that great. Flaking behind the big Indian name and whites going at Player 4. Probably worse than its pictured. But still a good deal on a good game.

#15369 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Not too sure what that means, but it's in pretty decent shape for that price.

For a very long time, there was only one game linked to in the pinside data base. Then some had to screw that up.

3 weeks later
#15522 7 years ago

Wow! Those are not your typical Garage Sale Pins. Very nice in the photos.

#15531 7 years ago

I own one and it is surprisingly fun and fast. Can't beat the BG artwork and it's an interesting take on the Monte Carlo and Hang glider layouts.

1 week later
#15576 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Aladdin's Castle / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1975
Production: 4,155
Cost: $500
Contact/Link: inlandempire.craigslist.org link
Condition: Small amount of wear by lower inserts. Cabinet a bit rough. OP: "Works Great! So fun! You will love this thing!!!"

Good price. Already gone.

2 weeks later
#15649 7 years ago

Yes, most people have to use brighter LEDs in place of incandescent lamps on the BGResto backglasses.

2 weeks later
#15704 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Geez you guys are killing me. Trying to talk myself out of it. Looks like a little paint loss on the glass.

Most Spanish Eyes have flaking down at the bottom where the balls to play lights are, and possibly veining of the whites around the score reels.

6 months later
#16297 7 years ago

Boy, them rats were hungry. They didn't just eat the cotton insulation off the playfield, they ate it strands and all!

#16302 7 years ago

Looks like Vintage Pinball is selling the collection?

Google search Delray Beach and Pinball and you get them and the Silverball Museum. Under Vintage Pinball, Posted photos match one of the shots as well as the contact number.

1 month later
#16398 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Not sure what it was as the ad is gone.

$1200 Aladdin's Castle. Looked pretty nice. While I would never pay $1200 for an EM myself, I could see the right person being very happy with that game at or near that pricing (if local). Assuming it was as nice as it appeared, 9.5 grade 70's EMs don't come up very often and if you are trying to put together a nice collection, without having to pay for re-do's of half the game, then it is actually money well spent. You just may not be able to recoup it when it comes time to flip it.

2 months later
#16551 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Found a king rock on Craigslist. What do you guys think of this game? Been wanting to add some diversity to my stern lineup lol. 650 OBO. What is this worth?
boston.craigslist.org link

Cabinet repaint. Typical flaking backglass (reds in King Rock), unpopular title (even though I like it). $350 tops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 24.98
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
273 posts in this topic match your search for posts by cactusjack. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=cactusjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.