Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,975 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Ollulanus
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Venom_2 (resized).JPG
    Venom blk-orange (resized).JPG
    IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 60.
    #351 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

just want to mention that I ordered a 2-flipper set w/bushings, and will be testing them out in Jackbar. Now to decide what game to try them on. Part of me wants to do it on a Stern, because they're such fast, precision games. This would make them ridiculous. But then part of me thinks they're already very precise, and to try them on a BLY/WMS in an effort to avoid redundancy, and increase accuracy where it's maybe more needed. Curious people's thoughts.

I ordered two sets for this reason, a 3 flipper set for Tron, and a 2 flipper set for Sunset riders which is an Eight Ball retheme. If i'm as impressed as i think i will be there'll be a bunch more on my horizon.

1956PINHEAD you should reach out to Nino at Ride the Boney Beast here in Australia. They are a premium parts supplier and handle OS orders for us on things like CPR playfields and backglasses, Ramp O Matic ramps and all the other US companies and modders that are worth supporting. Means we can either prorder with them and they worry about the bulk shipping or we can order out of their stock on a lot of things.

https://www.rtbb.com.au/

#352 1 year ago

Top mount servicing seems like a real game changer in design. I am curious about how this functions exactly, it appears like there are grooves on the top of the post, are these just artifacts of the photo, or are they part of the adjustment? If so, are there times where you would still need to adjust from the bottom due to degrees of accuracy?.. or is it more of a mechanical fit, just held enough by the larger screw and the precision of the fit?

#353 1 year ago

Just ordered a set, very excited to test play these in the arcade.

#354 1 year ago

Put a green set on my GZ. Looks great; this color is an ideal match to the Godzilla on the PF. Rubbers are Titan light blue silicone. FYI, for those debating color choices. Silver and red also look great on this title.
    IMG_2293 (resized).JPGIMG_2293 (resized).JPGIMG_2295 (resized).JPGIMG_2295 (resized).JPGIMG_2296 (resized).JPGIMG_2296 (resized).JPG

#355 1 year ago

Red on AIQ. Purple Titan Silicone. Silver also looks great on this title.

IMG_2297 (resized).JPGIMG_2297 (resized).JPGIMG_2298 (resized).JPGIMG_2298 (resized).JPGIMG_2299 (resized).JPGIMG_2299 (resized).JPG
    #356 1 year ago

Just installed a batch 2 3 flipper+bushings set in my ST:TNG. Very easy process, but I particularly enjoy being able to tweak up the flipper angle without lifting up the playfield

I was nervous about how bare silver would look (John doesn't have anodized white available), but I think it looks fantastic in the TNG. Just posted the high score on the machine, so enjoying the placebo effect very much

Next: install the 3 flipper+bushings set in my Godzilla LE!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #357 1 year ago

Got my flippers yesterday, installed them on Godzilla late last night. Came home from work and was greeted with my 11 year old son's review:

"Dad, these new flippers are awesome!!! I got saucer attack multiball!!! I can't wait until you install them on Jurassic Park so I can finally show that game who's boss."

#358 1 year ago
    Quoted from ray-dude:

but I particularly enjoy being able to tweak up the flipper angle without lifting up the playfield

Why is the right one a tweak lower than the left ?

LTG : )

#359 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Why is the right one a tweak lower than the left ?
    LTG : )

I’ve been playing with the fine angle differences to see how it impacts hitting different ramps. I ended up dropping the left a notch and beat my high score

#360 1 year ago

I can't wait to get mine!

I noticed that green sold out first. I'm wondering if it was popular for some reason or if they just made less of them since it's a less popular color? A lot of Godzilla owners out there getting green maybe?

#361 1 year ago
    Quoted from ray-dude:

I’ve been playing with the fine angle differences to see how it impacts hitting different ramps. I ended up dropping the left a notch and beat my high score

Camera angle makes it look more pronounced.

#362 1 year ago

I'd say ease of flipper angle adjustment has been the most obvious benefit that I've seen so far. I am feeling more repeatability on shots, but getting flipper angle dialed in (without having to wrestle the clamp nut every time) has been pretty impactful so far.

Adjusting flipper angles is enough of a PITA usually that once flipper angles are close I just deal with it. This is MUCH more nuanced/easy to tweak

#363 1 year ago

Decisions decisions...

PXL_20220817_004746292 (resized).jpgPXL_20220817_004746292 (resized).jpg
    #364 1 year ago

Fits gz so well! And , they feel great.

20220816_144312 (resized).jpg20220816_144312 (resized).jpg20220816_144319 (resized).jpg20220816_144319 (resized).jpg20220816_144953 (resized).jpg20220816_144953 (resized).jpg20220816_145002 (resized).jpg20220816_145002 (resized).jpg
    #365 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Decisions decisions...
    [quoted image]

Tough one...i'm leaning towards green for the contrast against the playfield below it.

After ~1500 games with stock flippers+rubbers, swapped both of them on IMDN. Wow do they feel snappy. Will take some adjustment. I should have at least gotten used to the perfect play rubbers. That extra bounce is killer when the ball is ejected out of the underworld and unto the flipper. I let my wife pick the color combinations in this game. Really happy with the look and performance on them.

2022-08-16 17.26.41 (resized).jpg2022-08-16 17.26.41 (resized).jpg
    #366 1 year ago

Did the lower flippers on Rick and Morty tonight. I'll do the upper flipper tomorrow.

I can't give a serious review with only a couple games in, but I was repeatedly nailing the left ramp with ease. That doesn't happen usually for me.

Love how easy they are to adjust from the top.

20220816_205657 (resized).jpg20220816_205657 (resized).jpg
    #367 1 year ago

Are people who are using these adding the oil/lube/whatever was recommended toward the early part of the thread or not?

#368 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Are people who are using these adding the oil/lube/whatever was recommended toward the early part of the thread or not?

In my instructions I'm recommending one drop of 3-In-One type oil be applied to the shaft at the bronze sleeve locations at initial installation. While not required it will help to reduce wear and extend the life of the components over time.

#369 1 year ago

I did because I happened to have the 3in1 oil that the is recommended in the instructions the latest ones shipped with. Says it will reduce wear and increase longevity, but honestly If I didn't have it on hand id probably have just not worried about it

#370 1 year ago

I did, but I'm also using the original bushing design.

As I lifted the playfield on my Godzilla the tube of Magnalube caught my eye, so I used a very light film of it.

#371 1 year ago

Just posted this in the Godzilla thread too but here is a video of the play in my bushing on my brand new pro, excited to get this system to eliminate this play.

#372 1 year ago

I’ve been following this thread and have not seen a list (unless I missed it) of the games this is designed or intended. I get it’s for modern Sterns but is it designed for older SS games? Aren’t bushing lengths different for different games periods and manufacturers? Just looking for a little clarity. Thanks.

#373 1 year ago

Does the R&M kit have shorter bushings to accommodate spooky thinner pf?

Quoted from Pinstym:

Did the lower flippers on Rick and Morty tonight. I'll do the upper flipper tomorrow.
    I can't give a serious review with only a couple games in, but I was repeatedly nailing the left ramp with ease. That doesn't happen usually for me.
    Love how easy they are to adjust from the top.
    [quoted image]

#374 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I’ve been following this thread and have not seen a list (unless I missed it) of the games this is designed or intended. I get it’s for modern Sterns but is it designed for older SS games? Aren’t bushing lengths different for different games periods and manufacturers? Just looking for a little clarity. Thanks.

There are different bushings for Sterns vs JJP/WPC/CGC, etc On the order page, you select the game and John matches to the right bushing.

#375 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hench4Life:

Does the R&M kit have shorter bushings to accommodate spooky thinner pf?

Yes.
    Just tell him that is what you want when ordering.

If you still have the longer stock bushings (BLY/WMS) you can specify you want those, but now is the time to switch to the shorter Spooky bushings. You gotta take everything apart anyways. Just be careful with the screw sizes if you're removing spacers so you don't screw through your playfield.

#376 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Just posted this in the Godzilla thread too but here is a video of the play in my bushing on my brand new pro, excited to get this system to eliminate this play.

That is normal for nylon bushings. About 1/16th or a bit more in play at the flipper.

#377 1 year ago

Green on JP
    Gold on POTC
    Silver on SW
    (sorry for the glass-on pics)

IMG_1508 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_1508 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_1509 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_1509 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_1510 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_1510 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_1511 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_1511 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_1512 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_1512 - Copy (resized).jpg
    #378 1 year ago
    Quoted from dgposter:

Green on JP
    Gold on POTC
    Silver on SW
    (sorry for the glass-on pics)
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On SW, that's exactly what I have ordered.

Did it improve your Death Star ramp shot, especially backhanded from the left flipper ?

#379 1 year ago

I finally got a chance to put some time on my GZ Prem with these flippers+bushings.
    I am not a great player, and very new to pinball, this is my first pin. Have 800 games on this, have cracked a billion several times. just for context.
    I also changed all the rubber to PerfectPlay Silicone at the same time, so getting used to that. Not sure I like it, its quite bouncy.

First thing I noticed was how much more powerful the shots were. fewer "barely made" shots, the ball zipped true as if I had shot it perfectly. I have turned down the power 10-15 points it still has this feeling.

How do you know how much to set power? I mean I could turn it down until it has an adverse effect, but what are the disadvantages of slightly too much power??

I can't really yet say that it's really helped my playing at all yet, at least not in the couple of hours I played. Still have trouble with the same shots. But, It certainly "feels" better. as if the ball is moving with a sense of purpose. ha.

Anyway, happy with the mod. Maybe I'll get the hang of the new rubbers and find that the flippers are actually making it easier for me. May also play with the angles later.

#380 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I finally got a chance to put some time on my GZ Prem with these flippers+bushings.
    I am not a great player, and very new to pinball, this is my first pin. Have 800 games on this, have cracked a billion several times. just for context.
    I also changed all the rubber to PerfectPlay Silicone at the same time, so getting used to that. Not sure I like it, its quite bouncy.
    First thing I noticed was how much more powerful the shots were. fewer "barely made" shots, the ball zipped true as if I had shot it perfectly. I have turned down the power 10-15 points it still has this feeling.
    How do you know how much to set power? I mean I could turn it down until it has an adverse effect, but what are the disadvantages of slightly too much power??
    I can't really yet say that it's really helped my playing at all yet, at least not in the couple of hours I played. Still have trouble with the same shots. But, It certainly "feels" better. as if the ball is moving with a sense of purpose. ha.
    Anyway, happy with the mod. Maybe I'll get the hang of the new rubbers and find that the flippers are actually making it easier for me. May also play with the angles later.

If you don’t like the feel of Perfect Play then try Titan low bounce for the flipper rubbers. You might like those more.

#381 1 year ago

Comparative pics of stock and precision flipper bats look to me that the precision bat is a bit thinner than stock. Seems like the tip is “pointier” that stock. Is this the case or just my imagination?

And if so, are you guys still pointing the tip at the alignment holes in playfield?

#382 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Comparative pics of stock and precision flipper bats look to me that the precision bat is a bit thinner than stock. Seems like the tip is “pointier” that stock. Is this the case or just my imagination?
    And if so, are you guys still pointing the tip at the alignment holes in playfield?

The tip portion of my flipper bats are about .020 slimmer/thinner than the OEM bats.

#383 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I'm 15 points under factory settings on bottom flippers, stayed at max on upper. These flippers are really good, so much easier to hit all the shots. Too much power= more airballs, stuck balls behind mecha, etc. Really liking these, and prob ordering a set for rush, cant decide on the color yet.

#384 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

I aligned just slightly below index dots, feels perfect

#385 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ashram56:

On SW, that's exactly what I have ordered.
    Did it improve your Death Star ramp shot, especially backhanded from the left flipper ?

Yes. There is definitely more power with these flippers. You may need to even dial them back a little. The big difference though is the adjustability. Being able to make micro adjustments easily from the top of the playfield is huge. I think a lot of people are going to realize that even the smallest adjustment to the flipper angles can alter your shots dramatically. This can be a literal game changer for some. Even a 1/16" angle adjustment can be the difference between making or missing that backhanded Death Star shot. This flipper system makes it super easy to dial in these angles to your liking.

#386 1 year ago

Having trouble adjusting the alignment of these. I took the screw out of the top of the flipper and I still cannot adjust it. I’m missing something, I just can’t figure it out. Thanks!

#387 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Having trouble adjusting the alignment of these. I took the screw out of the top of the flipper and I still cannot adjust it. I’m missing something, I just can’t figure it out. Thanks!

You have to put the plate on, 2 screws in to hold in place, then wind down the longer screw to press the flipper off. The 2 screws just need to be finger tight

#388 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You have to put the plate on, 2 screws in to hold in place, then wind down the longer screw to press the flipper off. The 2 screws just need to be finger tight

Oh I thought this was to take the flipper off. Thanks for the clarification.

#389 1 year ago

As mentionned, you use the removal tool provided with the kit. Screw this down to the top of the flipper, then thread the center bolt down to pop it off. Same procedure is used to adjust the flipper. Tip: I've found you really only need to use one screw to hold this to the flipper, saves a bit of time.
    IMG_2339 (resized).JPGIMG_2339 (resized).JPGIMG_2340 (resized).JPGIMG_2340 (resized).JPG

#390 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh I thought this was to take the flipper off. Thanks for the clarification.

Fwiw I find that I can just losen the screw about 1/4 inch, get my fingers under the flipper, and pop it up to adjust. I feel like it's pretty low risk to the playfield but slide a sheet of paper under if you're worried about fingernails. The flipper removal tool works great, but is kind of a pain in the ass if you're iterating, takes too long

#391 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

As mentionned, you use the removal tool provided with the kit. Screw this down to the top of the flipper, then thread the center bolt down to pop it off. Same procedure is used to adjust the flipper. Tip: I've found you really only need to use one screw to hold this to the flipper, saves a bit of time.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I recommend putting a piece of scotch tape on the rectangle, to protect against metal scratching metal on the flipper

#392 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Fwiw I find that I can just losen the screw about 1/4 inch, get my fingers under the flipper, and pop it up to adjust. I feel like it's pretty low risk to the playfield but slide a sheet of paper under if you're worried about fingernails. The flipper removal tool works great, but is kind of a pain in the ass if you're iterating, takes too long

I work on farm equipment, bearings, press fit pieces all the time. The issue with removing something that's been knurled is risk of damage by not removing it straight. So, for the extra few seconds to put in 2 screws, I'd recommend doing so. Prob will never get damaged by not, as once we figure out where we want them they won't move again, but rather be safe than sorry

#393 1 year ago

Anyone know how to open up the flipper clamp a bit wider, the part that the shaft slides into? These shafts are bigger, or at least flat on the bottom as opposed to rounded. I was able to install the lower left bat on my GNR LE, however the shaft on the lower right flipper will not go into the clamp, I can easily reinsert the JJP shaft into the clamp, but the Precision one does want to go into the clamp.
    See pic below, you can see the JJP shaft(rounded/beveled) on the left and Precision on the right.
    Any thoughts? Anyone run into a similar issue?

#394 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Anyone know how to open up the flipper clamp a bit wider, the part that the shaft slides into? These shafts are bigger, or at least flat on the bottom as opposed to rounded. I was able to install the lower left bat on my GNR LE, however the shaft on the lower right flipper will not go into the clamp, I can easily reinsert the JJP shaft into the clamp, but the Precision one does want to go into the clamp.
    See pic below, you can see the JJP shaft(rounded/beveled) on the left and Precision on the right.
    Any thoughts? Anyone run into a similar issue?[quoted image]

Open the pawl (flipper clamp?) a bit more with a big screwdriver.

#395 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Open the pawl a bit more with a big screwdriver.

Thanks much that worked I thought that might be the answer but I wantee confirmation before I tried that there wasn't some other way I wasn't aware of.

#396 1 year ago

I had to take a screw driver and hammer to my ST:TNG clamps to open them up. Alas, not the first time with these older WPC clamps. More you clamp down, the closer they get to touching, and eventually you can't clamp down any more.

Good news is that with this system, no longer have to loosen and tighten clamps to adjust angles on the flippers. That's a huge win for me, and by itself justifies the purchase (I really hate these clamps)

On the positive side, just installed a 3 flipper + bushings set in my Godzilla LE, and it was a cake walk...maybe 10-15 minutes tops until I was playing with angles, trying to figure out what worked best for me.

#397 1 year ago

I ran out of 3 in 1 oil and all the local hardware/auto stores are empty. I have some T-9 bicycle clean, lube and protect that's supposed to be the same weight. Should I use that for the metal on metal point instead or just order 3 in 1? I also have some Ariens L-3 synthetic gear lube for the snowblower but I think that's too heavy.

#398 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zambonilli:

I ran out of 3 in 1 oil and all the local hardware/auto stores are empty. I have some T-9 bicycle clean, lube and protect that's supposed to be the same weight. Should I use that for the metal on metal point instead or just order 3 in 1? I also have some Ariens L-3 synthetic gear lube for the snowblower but I think that's too heavy.

Gear lube is waaay to thick. 3-1 oil is not a locked in have- to- use product. Any similar viscosity lubricant will work or even grease. All you’re doing is minimizing any friction in the oilite bearing. Oilite metals are impregnated with food quality oils, so think about that.

https://oilite.com/lubricant-for-all-oilite-products

I use a drop of synthetic 0W-20 motor oil.

#399 1 year ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Gear lube is waaay to thick. 3-1 oil is not a locked in have- to- use product. Any similar viscosity lubricant will work or even grease. All you’re doing is minimizing any friction in the oilite bearing. Oilite metals are impregnated with food quality oils, so think about that.
    https://oilite.com/lubricant-for-all-oilite-products
    I use a drop of synthetic 0W-20 motor oil.

Perfect, thank you. I'll find something that light weight elsewhere. Crazy that I would have been better off using the snowblower's 0w30 than the gear lube!?

#400 1 year ago

I use this for spinners ect. Easy to apply a tiny drop of machine oil as it has needle nose and you just squeeze.

There are 2,975 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/8?hl=hench4life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.