Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,967 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 60.
    #501 1 year ago

Amazing what happens when you throw a free prize in front of a bunch of rich people.

#502 1 year ago
    Quoted from ray-dude:

Looking forward to titanium versions

Then we could have TNA.

Titanium 'N Anodized

#503 1 year ago

metal on less metal bat

#504 1 year ago

Bone Bats.

#505 1 year ago

MasterShot Flippers

#506 1 year ago

The Voids.

Flippy Hollows.

#507 1 year ago

P4F - Precision Pinball Products Pro Flipper

QuickFlips
    Fundamental Flips/Fundamental Flippers

#508 1 year ago

FlingBats

#509 1 year ago

Installed full sets on DP and AIQ premium. Install was smooth other than 2/4 of my existing locking washers on the post arms were blown out. I'd recommend having some extra locking washers on hand before you start for Stern pins.

My initial impressions match a lot of alveolus thoughts. It doesn't feel like you gain increased accuracy but instead every shot has much much more power. In addition, with titan rubbers on my flippers the new bats do cause less bounce especially with dead bounces. A crazy side effect is also the sound of a flip is now a really cool metallic ting sound like a metal baseball bat hitting a ball.

DP
    * able to now hit the wolverine shot with a bunch of speed consistently. Previously, wolverine shots were slow rolling with way more rejects backwards.
    * back handed the right orbit into the kitana shot for a ninjapocolypse for the 1st time ever
    * little dead pool shots feel much more straight on and consistent
    * increased side to side action because the ball just has so much more movement
    * started seeing my left sling fire when the ball was shot anywhere near the sling. I have too tight of leaf switch but I did not see this before installing the system. The ball really gets going.

I really like the ability to hit the wolverine shot but the ball is now just moving too much and causes a lot of side to side action. I'm going to play with turning down the flipper power and seeing if I can get the best of both worlds.

AIQ
    * captain marvel shot is now consistently makeable from a cradle
    * no rejects from black widow shot that wasn't me missing the shot
    * increased rejects from the tower - I think the ball just gets going so much faster that the opto/magnets don't actuate fast enough.
    * able to consistently make the gauntlet tower from the right flipper. I was not able to previously and instead would get the ball to the other 2 flippers. I'm also seeing less rejects from the left flipper.
    * No noticeable change to captain, hulk or black panther shots
    * I haven't felt flipper fade yet but haven't done a long session. I also have the flipper coolers but was seeing fade after a game or 2 with a couple of multiballs previously.

I'm really happy with how these are performing on AIQ. I was worried after DP that the ball would gain a bunch of movement and lose the finesse required to progress in AIQ. Happily, it feels mostly the same with the added bonus of being able to make some of the shots consistently now.

I'm really impressed with the precision pinball flipper system. The quality is at a different level than the OEM Stern system. Not that Stern's solution is bad, it's just engineered with mass production cost as a major constraint. I have the precision pinball flipper system in the same must have mod tier along with cliffys. Looking forward to seeing future products from John and what else he can come up with.

#510 1 year ago

SexyBats, so you can theme a marketing campaign around a customized version of

#511 1 year ago

So many ideas.. I was wondering how this forum thread was exploding.

How about:

Visions
    Or maybe reVisions.
    I don't think that was suggested yet anyway.

#512 1 year ago

Synergy Flippers

The interaction or cooperation of two or more , substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects.

"the synergy between these flippers and the ball makes precision shooting easy"

#513 1 year ago

Exo-Flips

#514 1 year ago

In the spirit of the Little League World Series that is going on and because the add power and are made metal.. "DINGERS". And you already have a spokesman
    BIG AL

Screenshot_20220824-180515_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220824-180515_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #515 1 year ago

Boners
    Stiffies

"No more limp plastic bats!"

"Get yerself a pair of..."

#516 1 year ago

Flipper question….

What if you trimmed the top of the flipper to be closer to the rubber height, say, maybe a hair above where the rubber rides? I can’t imagine it would be an issue and it would be even lighter due to less material.

Just thinking out loud.

#517 1 year ago

What a fun idea. Man, I have to say, I skipped the middle pages of this thread. Started reading it, got intrigued by the thinking, appreciated the technical posts, and then quickly got sick of people just acting like jerks for the hell of it. Pinside really loves to turn even the most innocent exploration of ideas into a real crap show. Everything gets personal so fast, it's like people get off on being nasty to each other for no real reason.

Happy to see now that I've skipped to the end that more people are trying these and having a good time. People drop stupid money on the dumbest things ($600 hammers lol) for a product like this to be at such a reasonable price point why not either try it yourself, or just skip it without the nasty comments on your way out? It's really not hard to just not be a jerk.

Sorry for the rant, just feels like every time I come back to Pinside after a break I remember why I don't enjoy spending as much time here anymore. This looks like such a cool idea, and clearly had a lot of thought and effort put into it, why not try and keep it positive?

Anyways ...

Killer idea 1956PINHEAD! Have you thought about looking into doing laser marking on the top of the metal? First thing that occurred to me, lots of ways to achieve it and might look really slick. I'm thinking about how it might look for instance to mark spiderwebs into the metal for an Elvira pin.

#518 1 year ago

Who’s being nasty? It’s a love fest in here from what I’ve seen.

Edit. I guess the first page is pretty nasty when some assume the OP is some secret investor of the product or something. That was definitely weird. Haha

#519 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who’s being nasty? It’s a love fest in here from what I’ve seen.

Did you not read the early pages? Was nothing but people accusing the OP of being a shill and shitting on things they hadn't tried and just being gross. Glad it turned into a love fest, new ideas deserve love. I admit I skipped from like page 4 to 10 or something though.

Edit for your edit: Yes, lol

#520 1 year ago

It was really just one person I saw. My ignore list is hefty. Haha

#521 1 year ago

Holy shit I'm dumb, edited out of sheer embarrassment lol. If edit history is visible here have a laugh at my stupidity

#522 1 year ago

Aurich Thanks for the kudos and such on my product, really appreciate it. I'm actually in the process of making up prototype art toppers that will attached to the top surface of the flipper bats using the two small threaded holes to secure them in place. I'm working with thin Stainless Steel blanks that will be laser etched/engraved that will be slightly smaller than the perpiphery of the flipper bat so that the anodized colors will still show.

It's going to be a while yet but they will happen at some point soon, at least that's my objective.

#523 1 year ago

Hollow Points
    Glory Holes

#524 1 year ago

Hollow points sounds real cool.

#525 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I'm actually in the process of making up prototype art toppers that will attached to the top surface of the flipper bats using the two small threaded holes to secure them in place. I'm working with thin Stainless Steel blanks that will be laser etched/engraved that will be slightly smaller than the perpiphery of the flipper bat so that the anodized colors will still show.

Love it. And bonus, you cover a lot of the holes which some may find less pleasing to look at.

#527 1 year ago

Lounge I like the way you think. I had actually thought about that option as well while working on a few of the early prototype designs. I ran the numbers in the mass properties CAD system and the yield was small in terms of the additional weight savings. But yes, that's just about the only area left to remove.

In the end I opted to leave the upper area as is to avoid having to modify my production tooling, and that additional area adds to the mirror effect reflecting off the inner wall of the flipper surface which I felt added to the visual appeal. I can say this about them, they have been optimized about as far as I feel comfortable taking them to insure they will not fail.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

#529 1 year ago

Swiss Brats

#530 1 year ago

Stripper flippers
    Skeletor
    Air flips
    gram lites
    Thin Flizzy's

#531 1 year ago

Woah, let’s slow down on the marketing ideas and go to the master of marketing product names.

Pinstadium.

"Neo Cassiopeia Fission Omega Ion Blasters" has a nice ring to it.

#532 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Woah, let’s slow down on the marketing ideas and go to the master of marketing product names.
    Pinstadium.
    "Neo Cassiopeia Fission Omega Ion Blasters" has a nice ring to it.

You forgot the "+"

#533 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

You forgot the "+"

Let's not get crazy. Now you're just going overboard when you have to keep it simple and understandable.

#534 1 year ago

JP likes these new Flippers, Raptor's beware!

JP 2 (resized).jpgJP 2 (resized).jpg
    #535 1 year ago

Since many are reporting increased power or better/increased consistency of shots how about:
    Ball Breakers
    Hot Shots
    Sure Shot
    AccuShot Flippers
    AccuFlips
    Pro Flip Precision flippers
    True Shot
    Zip Flips
    Zingers (but that may be taken or trademarked but your product is different so may be possible)
    Power shots or Power Flips
    Wizard Shooters/ Flippers
    Death Save Flippers
    No Fades (Don’t see anyone reporting fade with these flippers “yet”)
    Heavy Metal flippers
    Ultimate shot
    Shooters
    Shoot Again Flippers

#536 1 year ago

Plan to put a set on my Kiss LE……curios to see how they perform. I used to be able to backhand the right ramp but not so much anymore. Tons of right ramp rejects that lead to drains. I play mine a lot but in a HUO environment I shouldn’t have to rebuild flippers often but feels like I already need to. It makes sense you would see an increase of power in these flippers if you have no slop…better energy transfer to the ball. No flex in the bat means smoother and consistent shots…accuracy depends on the player of course so don’t confuse them and think all of a sudden you will make all your shots suddenly with these flippers…that ain’t happening. More interesting is the recent discussion of flipper fade…so far I have yet to really hear anyone mention they have had issues with flipper fade with these flippers. I find that interesting. Could be a great thing if this is the case.

Now…cost is debatable. Not cheap but considering what games cost and what people spend on mods it’s not a lot of money to put it in perspective. Looking forward to trying these out.

#537 1 year ago

Pinball Furies... Come out an play

#538 1 year ago

Lots of good suggestions coming in from everyone, keep 'em coming!

Pickle If you end up buying a set I'd like you to put them in without making any other changes and report back. Based on other's reports (and my experience) my guess is you'll be happy with the results.

#539 1 year ago

You get free flippers

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #540 1 year ago

What about a simpler name like Steadfast Flippers. Steadfast seems to perfectly describe what they do.

#541 1 year ago

Super Flappers

#542 1 year ago

and for the new ones....

Naked Super Flappers!

#543 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Lots of good suggestions coming in from everyone, keep 'em coming!
    Pickle If you end up buying a set I'd like you to put them in without making any other changes and report back. Based on other's reports (and my experience) my guess is you'll be happy with the results.

Ordered. Will give a review once I get them installed and some games in.

#544 1 year ago

I liked the 'Halo' suggestion a couple posts back.

FWIW I like the normal look of the original 'solid' flippers you offer.
    But to each their own!
    MM

#545 1 year ago

At one point PBL made some cool aluminum silver flipper bats that looked nice on T2. They chewed through flipper rubber like crazy due to the flipper being metal and the ball. This was on route so got heavy play but had to remove them due to that issue

#546 1 year ago

Just taking a minute here to thank everyone for making their naming suggestions, lots of interesting suggestions along with definitions as well!

Keep them coming in, we still have a few days to go

#547 1 year ago

AbyssmoBats
    Razor’s Edge Flippers
    Pinhead Airs

#548 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Welp, I'm sold. I want a set. My only concern now is getting used to them and then having a hard time playing on games without them

This is my concern too. Having my first game at home has absolutely ruined me for playing on location! It feels soooo bad now to drop in a dollar, and 2-3 minutes later the game is over. Whereas at home on our Whirlwind we just keep playing and playing But I'm also kind of hoping that after 10,000 games or so on our WW, I'll be good enough (or one of my kids will be lol) to win replays regularly, and we'll enjoy playing on location again. But if I'm used to PPP flippers, I wonder how I'll fare on location games with normal ones...

However. The fact that you can adjust flipper angle from above the playfield? Sold 1000x over! I just did my first flipper rebuild and dialing in the flipper angles was The. Absolute. Worst. I lost count of how many times I lifted the playfield, uncranked the pawls, re-fiddled the flipper angles, recranked the pawls. And then still hated the angles lol! In fact, I've left them as less than ideal, because they're at a point that I dislike shooting with the current angles less than I despise the process of adjusting them.

So I will be buying a full set of these, and if the result is that my home game is the only one I can play well on, it's a worthy tradeoff.

Now, to suggested names:

Nude Flippers
    Naked Speed Flippers
    Streakers

#549 1 year ago

Okay, can’t resist
    FineLines
    Battle Bats

Ding Bats and the Cassiopia omega fusion whatever + suggestions should get at least an Allen wrench if not a set of bats for “most entertaining.”

#550 1 year ago

zahner I like it. Perhaps I should give out an honorable mention award

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.