Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,945 posts
  • 325 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by kyinwa
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0938 (resized).jpeg (©  Of my)

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#386 1 year ago

Having trouble adjusting the alignment of these. I took the screw out of the top of the flipper and I still cannot adjust it. I’m missing something, I just can’t figure it out. Thanks!

#388 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You have to put the plate on, 2 screws in to hold in place, then wind down the longer screw to press the flipper off. The 2 screws just need to be finger tight

Oh I thought this was to take the flipper off. Thanks for the clarification.

#442 1 year ago

We’re these done for visual reasons only, or is there a practical reason? Issues noted with the first version that this version corrected?

Thanks!

#451 1 year ago

I’m definitely starting to get the change in timing down on these. Good sign.

#480 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I am interested in try these but am super confused on what ones to try.

Get eh ones you think look better. And get the bushings too.

#518 1 year ago

Who’s being nasty? It’s a love fest in here from what I’ve seen.

Edit. I guess the first page is pretty nasty when some assume the OP is some secret investor of the product or something. That was definitely weird. Haha

#520 1 year ago

It was really just one person I saw. My ignore list is hefty. Haha

#624 1 year ago

Agreed. Especially when players haven’t seen them yet. They will get murdered when trying to figure out the timing of all their standard flipper skills.

#632 1 year ago

To be fair, their post was extremely confusing.

#638 1 year ago

Hollow points gets my vote.

#649 1 year ago

Yup. Use the downvote appropriately or deactivate it.

#651 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

No it's not. Hover over it mate and see what it's called.

It’s called downvote. It’s purpose is for disagreement. Nothing more, nothing less.

#653 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I understand your view.
    Permit others to differ in their views and how they value things?
    Or do we all have subscribe to somones view?

Fair. Just stating what the websites definition of the down vote is. You can upvote eveyone you’re mad at too though.

1 week later
    #814 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

Does anyone know how the process for the TWIPY awards work? I can't find any evidence that This Week in Pinball has ever reviewed or discussed Precision Flip.

Once the stuff gets going there’s two rounds. First is a write in/drop down of choices for best mod. Then they take the top ten from that round and make a new drop down of those for final voting. Top three get featured on the twippys

#884 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinzzz:

What type of lube are you guys using on your shaft?
    I was thinking of trying this one:
    amazon.com link »

AAFBEFA9-9B27-46B2-84D7-FEBAF75E3462 (resized).jpegAAFBEFA9-9B27-46B2-84D7-FEBAF75E3462 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #932 1 year ago

Testing the halo graphic ones on my GZ pro last night for an hour or so. I’m liking them a lot. Doesn’t seem to have any different play than the normal precision flippers. I’m getting better and better at flipper tricks with them too.

#940 1 year ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

We started to test play with these flippers at the arcade here are some of the non-biased reviews.
    Iron Maiden Pro: Metal Bushings, regular lighting flippers
    Personally I think just having the bushings in these machine alone makes a big difference. There is a difference in flipper strength when using a regular flipper or lightning flipper with these metal bushings, personally these should be standard on all machines on a go forward basis. We will be looking at replacing all of our machines in future with these metal bushings they are great.
    Godzilla Pro: Metal Bushings, 1/8 precision flippers
    Best of both worlds here, there is increased flipper strength, and the game plays just as hard as it was before with the normal lightning flippers but now you can really make or miss all your shots. Personally I believe that the flippers are mainly cosmetic here, and you could get away with just using a regular lightning flipper, but overall very satisfied with both products together so far, the look of these flipper is great as well and the ease of positioning and switch out is an added bonus. The accuracy I found was the same but I am a pretty accurate player already so these did nothing to really improve it.
    Whirlwind: Regular Bushing, normal precision flipper (Red)
    Installed on the upper flipper, getting a little better power for the upper ramp with just using the flipper but I think it is overall negligible. I think in order to have the real benefits of increased power on flipper you would be better off going with the bushing and a regular flipper or precision flipper. Was hoping for dramatic increase without having to change the original bushings but so far I don't see a major improvement there.
    Overall Impression:
    The flipper and bushing combo is great, it can be super expensive to retrofit all of your games (in my case 74) but for the overall look, playability and reliability of the components looks to be a worthwhile investment. I am personally debating about just replacing all of the bushings and keeping all of the flippers as this seems mostly cosmetic, as it seems to give you the benefit of performance without having to invest in the new flippers. But for those who want the look and performance I would recommend both products we have had zero issue with these flippers at the arcade so far and we get probably more plays in a week then a collector will have all year on their games. With the added convenience of being able to adjust the flippers or to switch them out like we do I give it a thumbs up!!!
    Suggestion:
    For the 1/8 flippers would be nice to have a lightning decal or engraving in them and in the 1/4 flippers a S plus the lightning decal or engraving, it just automatically intimidates the player which I like, half the battle in setting a machine for competition is to give the player a different look and mess up with their psychology. Every good player will adapt in time no matter the setup and glad that these flippers don't impact the game negatively like some have said that is dramatically improves their game. I didn't find that in fact my games were worse at first due to getting used to the feel of them.

Very helpful thanks! Very intrigued by the metal bushing only route. May have to try that eventually.

#984 1 year ago

I think I’m 10 under stock on all flippers and that seems good. I have flipper fans too.

#1006 1 year ago

Sir. This is a Wendy’s.

2 weeks later
    #1111 1 year ago
    Quoted from arrbee:

Have you done a test where you turn your fans off and check for fade - now that you have these flippers?
    Some have suggested that it might be less necessary to run cooling...

Nope. Didn’t see the need to.

#1120 1 year ago

Seems to be an easy fix for all those companies with soggy flippers. They certainly aren’t going to change what’s driving them, so might as well do this.

#1126 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

They'll be going on my Haggis Mermaid for sure.

Really? Even though they aren’t the right shape? Or are you talking for your personal one?

#1129 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Really, yes. And i only have a say over my personal one.
    TheyAreFlipperShapedPunkin

So haggis isn’t using them in the stock games? That was my question. Sorry.

#1142 1 year ago

I will have one game (Godzilla pro) in the Pincinnati tournaments with the Halos.

#1154 1 year ago

There is not a TD on earth that has changed flipper angles mid event. Unless the flipper came loose. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

#1167 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

How’s everyone with the new flippers doing with drop catches, live catches and dead passes? Same as stock or quite different?

Extremely different. It’s doable, but much different timing.

#1170 1 year ago

I’m having more success with the halos as well.

#1175 1 year ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Do you think the Halos allow for better control due to less weight contacting the ball? Now that you have the reference of using the originals? I think these look great on the games, I just got used to them and now I am reading how the Halos are playing, makes me want to buy a set.

I thought it was just because I had more experience with these metal flippers, but seems that the halos make flipper tricks easier.

#1186 1 year ago

The ball should never hit that part of the bat. Something needs redone with the bushings to lower those flippers. They are too high off the playfield.

Actually checking mine on Zilla they are that high off the playfield too. I don’t know how the ball is contacting the metal when the flipper rubber is on it.

#1189 1 year ago

If they are using the low bounce titans, maybe they are giving enough that the ball is contacting the tip of the flipper bat.

#1191 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

I just ran downstairs and checked mine. No wear either but I'm using standard black rubbers.

I don’t think it’s safe to run in the house.

#1220 1 year ago

What does the tattoo on your right shoulder say?

#1241 1 year ago

I’ve had zero balls jump over the flippers too.

#1296 1 year ago

No issues with slippage on my GZ.

#1299 1 year ago

Use lower powered coils in Williams. You have like 4-5 options. IJ uses some of the strongest coils due to the shots in that game.

2 weeks later
    #1424 1 year ago

I assumed these metal bushing wouldn’t ever break (or at least last way longer), hence it being worth the extra cost.

1 week later
    #1517 1 year ago

Day one of Pincinnati tournaments today. Godzilla pro is already getting the attention of the players. They are definitely struggling with timing based on feedback from practice yesterday. That’s a good thing. Let’s see how they adapt.

#1521 1 year ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I could totally see that as we have the lightning precisions on ours and I think one person has over 1B... It takes a little bit to get used to them for sure.

Wow. Lightning ones. Evil. Haha

#1530 1 year ago

How are the with the battering ram shot?

#1538 1 year ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

What is the difference in performance between halo and non halo?

Halo give a bit more allowing for them to perform a bit more like regular flippers for performing skill moves. Timing is still off regular flippers though.

#1540 1 year ago

I will only be going with the halos from now on. I think they play the best.

1 month later
    #1775 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've got halo's on the bottom flippers and solid upper on Tron.
    The machine plays just fine with the standard coils. It's the sling power i'd like to lower, kicker pops through the rubber and so does the ball occasionally.
    If you are worried about breaking things, just go for a lower power coil. Easy as to do it while you are changing out the flippers. The other way to do it is to try it first, and if you think it's too powerful, then replace the coils.
    [quoted image]
    Excuse the spit on the glass, i get excited.

I think your sling issue is due to having too large of rings on them. Try a size that’s 1/4-1/2 inch smaller.

#1776 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

So i installed the flippers(solid ones) and the new ball bearings on deadpool and finally put a few games in. I dont know if i like them, but maybe they just need some adjustments.
    1. Post passes now dont work. Is that something anyone else has seen?
    2. Dead bounces are much different and harder to control.
    I use titan low bounce rubbers. Do i need different ones?
    Do the hollow precision flippers feel much different? I already have the bearings installed so it wouldnt be much work to try those out.
    Thanks!

The hollow ones play much better imo. I’ll only be getting those from now on.

#1778 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

How so? Do you still turn down the flipper power a bit?

All the stuff you’re struggling with for flipper tricks are much easier to pull off with the hollow ones. Still not the same timing as stock flippers, but it’s easier than the solid precision flippers.

#1780 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Got it. Im sold. Hopefully i can just order the flipper tops as I have everything else already installed.

Yes. That’s all you need.

#1787 1 year ago

I only use soft red rubber, makes it harder to get the ball under control. Halos play well with those.

1 week later
    #1838 1 year ago

13 in your picture.

Sorry. 12 is actually pointing to it.

1 week later
    #1925 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Hey there, as I'm prepairing for tournaments I change the pitch of my games and remove rubbers.
    However, the hardest part for me is to adjust to different flipper angles on tournaments.
    I was hoping those flippers can help in this regard since i can adjust the angles easily by hand,
    but I want as natural feeling as possibe. I was thinking about NOT istalling the bushings and using
    the halo flippers only for this purpose. So i can easily change the flipperangles and try to get used
    to the new angles as quick as possible.
    Regarding the natural feeling. I have seen that the rebound can be quite strong due to the material stiffness.
    Livecatches can be hard for example. Here a little fun example... however, on earlier streams from Joel seen
    in this video, he used the Halo flippers, and those didn't bounce as much?
    Anyone can tell me whats the best solution for me? I dont have access to many games here so I have to play at home mostly.

Halos are closer to the feel of regular flippers but are still different.

#1927 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

would you recommend them for my issue with adjusting to different flipper angles?

That’s basically the reason why they exist. Super easy to adjust angle on the fly.

#1933 1 year ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

that much harder to control for top players.

But they make it impossible for not top players. Halos are a better balance of that imo.

#1935 1 year ago

Yeah I guess I’m just more concerned about game times. If a 4 player group is only taking 25 mins on average, I see no reason to make anymore adjustments to the game, no matter how hard or easy it is setup.

#1942 1 year ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ya for sure, even on my setups it is still around 20 minutes a round right now in league which is fair, you can still blow them up but you earn it…

Right on. Your previous post made it seem like you were going to make these changes no matter what. I like to take it game by game, which I’m sure you do as well.

#1948 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I was saying that I have problems to adjust on different flipper angles on tournaments and if this system can help, since I can change the angles fast with it. However, my concern was that the flippers feel different and how it affects the ball and that I want original bounces and not so much the precision thing, thats all.

You will get the adjustment ease you desire, but they play differently. It takes practice to get used to the timing differences.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.