Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,967 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 60.
    #451 1 year ago

I’m definitely starting to get the change in timing down on these. Good sign.

#452 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m definitely starting to get the change in timing down on these. Good sign.

Really, to me its no different than playing a stern then a jjp, then a cgc game. All have a different feel, but easy to figure out. The new hollow bats just look so cool I have to try em

#453 1 year ago

So, I received the bats with new-style bushings and installed them into my AC/DC. First off I had a devil of a time getting the shaft through the existing pawl. I had to take a hammer to the pawl to get it to fit. It seemed to work out ok but was an unwanted hassle.

Now on to my impressions:

This is NOT a scientific evaluation; merely my observations so consider it anecdotal. Flipper strength is MUCH stronger, it seemed by more that 50%. With the stock flippers I could never make the saucer behind the bell but with these it happened regularly. I also had the bell hit the glass which had NEVER happened before. I feel like most of the “precision” testimonials are likely a favorable result of the increased flipper power. I noticed many “half-bricked” shots would still seem to make it around and ramp rejects were very rare. Backhands seem almost effortless. I did not notice any reduction in “full-bricked” shots and due to the now crazy-strong flippers these were more dangerous than ever. Lots of power-drains. This would be much less of an issue on a more open game with shots further back, aka Godzilla. Overall my ball times were probably shorter.

Summary:
    I like the look of these and the snappy feel. I like feeling like a boss when the ball rockets up the ramp (even if not quite a clean shot). I do not see any clear improvement in shot accuracy taking the confounding of the flipper strength into effect. I can not rule out a benefit from increased precision but I believe that my own lack of shooting accuracy will surely negate any meaningful benefit in that regard.

As a competitive player, I also have a nagging feeling that I am cheating while using these. Maybe lowering the flipper power would lessen that feeling, but I suspect I will keep the rest of my machines standard. Though if someday this system becomes standard I would absolutely embrace it, pending long-term validation.

P.s. Before installing these I played 5 or so games solely for combos and set a new record of 33. After a dozen or so tries with the new system my best is around 15. I may not be fully adapted to these yet, though.

#454 1 year ago

So I'm thinking of starting a little contest with the roll out of these optional flipper bats which I've initially named as "Ghost-Pro-Flippers".

I'd like to start a little contest for "name that flipper bat' to all of you, my valued customers (or future customers). Let's give it a week for all of you to come up with a name that you think fits this design/application. Even if I don't end up adopting any of the suggestions I'll still pick a name I think (or we all think) is worthy of mention. That winner will get one free set of these flipper bats.

Let's keep this fun, I want to encourage all to participate!

Let the contest begin

ghost bat V1_2 (resized).jpgghost bat V1_2 (resized).jpg
    #455 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

So I'm thinking of starting a little contest with the roll out of these optional flipper bats which I've initially named as "Ghost-Pro-Flippers".
    I'd like to start a little contest for "name that flipper bat' to all of you, my valued customers (or future customers). Let's give it a week for all of you to come up with a name that you think fits this design/application. Even if I don't end up adopting any of the suggestions I'll still pick a name I think (or we all think) is worthy of mention. That winner will get one free set of these flipper bats.
    Let the contest begin [quoted image]

Hard Hitter

#456 1 year ago

First, your nickname/dba name should be BAT MAN. lol.

But... brainstorming... here's a few entries off the top of my head...

Ultra-light (UL) Flipper Bat
    Skeletal Flipper Bat (Maybe Skeletal UL?)
    Corked Flipper Bat (baseball reference)
    HBTB Flipper Bat.... Hollowed Be Thy Bat (couldn't resist)
    HollowCore Flipper Bat
    FlexiCore Flipper Bat

#457 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Phantom Flippers (Phlippers)
    Feather Flippers (less metal and lighter?)
    Bone Flippers

#458 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I'd like to start a little contest for "name that flipper bat' to all of you, my valued customers (or future customers).

The Scream

Scream (resized).pngScream (resized).png
    #459 1 year ago

Mirror Flipper
    Quick Flip
    Cat Bat (as in pounce)

#460 1 year ago

All right we're off to a good start.

I got a good laugh out of @Vespula's dba the BAT MAN reference, good one!

#461 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Competition series.

#462 1 year ago

I’ve got to replace my flipper bats anyway, so giving these a go in 24.

#463 1 year ago

Slimline Mirror Bats
    aka SMBs

#464 1 year ago

Laser Bats/Flippers
    Accu-Bats/Flippers
    GC Bats/Flippers (arrogant I know)
    High Score Bats/Flippers
    Focal Bats/Flippers

#465 1 year ago

Here's a set I play tested on Iron Maiden. If you look closely, you'll see a slightly different design on the upper flipper. We did a ton of testing of these the last few weeks.

68219432103__35E3F855-6D8E-4C6D-BB98-1CC50A9107F3 (resized).JPG68219432103__35E3F855-6D8E-4C6D-BB98-1CC50A9107F3 (resized).JPG
    #466 1 year ago

Pro Vision

(you can see the playfield underneath)

#467 1 year ago

Uncle Festers Flippers

#468 1 year ago

Invisa Flip (pro)

#469 1 year ago

HALO (looks sorta like a ring)

#470 1 year ago

Agility flippers

#471 1 year ago
    Quoted from spspencer:

HALO (looks sorta like a ring)

This is really good! Halo Flip. I like it! I'll still remain neutral, but I'm more neutral about this one so far.

#472 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Uncle Festers Flippers

I gotta admit, I laughed out load on that one!

#473 1 year ago

EV
    EV Pro

(escape velocity, will launch your ball, plus aluminum is used in aerospace applications.)

#475 1 year ago

Bikini Flippers

#476 1 year ago

Banger Bats or BB's for short

#477 1 year ago

Precision Pro FPS

(Flips Per Second)
    (Flipper, Precision and Speed)
    (For Precision and Speed)

#478 1 year ago

I am interested in try these but am super confused on what ones to try.

#479 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

If you get a whole set, buy the bushing based off your game being Stern or JJP. Other than that, pick your color. If you want to experiment with different lengths, there are options for that too.

Or wait a day and get your Precision Pro FPS (just kidding!)

#480 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Get eh ones you think look better. And get the bushings too.

#481 1 year ago

More Precisioner.

#482 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

More Precisioner.

..made me laugh! thanks. Gave me an idea.

#483 1 year ago

Precision Pro 11

(Spinal tap ref)
    (Stranger thing ref (Portal/rift/opening))

#484 1 year ago

Invisible touch flippers

#485 1 year ago

Precision Pro Modder's Edition

(Can fill the space with all sorts of stuff.) Was just thinking about how sick it would be fill the opening making it look like a stranger things rift. Modders, where are you?

#486 1 year ago

If this makes your game better for longer... TB12 flippers.

#487 1 year ago

the Stealth flippers

#488 1 year ago

Coffin Bats

#489 1 year ago

Your BFF (Best Fucking Flippers) (also because it's your new pinball best friend forever)

#490 1 year ago

holey moley's

#491 1 year ago

PAFs
    Premium Aluminum Flippers

You already have my address.

#492 1 year ago

playfield art maximisers

#493 1 year ago

Zip bats

#494 1 year ago

Flash Flips
    Action Flips

#495 1 year ago

Precision Contour
    ContourPlus

Because...it's just the contour shape...plus.

#496 1 year ago

Unique Flips
    Flippin Amazing
    ( still think uncle fester flippers is the clear winner)

#497 1 year ago

This was one of the versions also tested, it got beat out by the full open version. Referenced in DiabloRush post #465.

ghost bat V2 (resized).jpgghost bat V2 (resized).jpg
    #498 1 year ago

Looking forward to titanium versions

#499 1 year ago
    Quoted from ray-dude:

Looking forward to titanium versions

I should have known you would be pushing that version! Lol

#500 1 year ago

DingBat
    AcurBat or AcroBat or AeroBat
    ComBat

and because I'm childish.
    Mastur-Bat
    and
    Bat-S*** Crazy

There are 2,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.