Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,967 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3128 (resized).jpeg
    70200477285__4506A207-1186-4D98-9B84-C6E9DFB6AD0C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1648 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1651 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6936 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6938 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2794 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2795 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2793 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2792 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1246 Flipper measurements Posted by DiabloRush (1 year ago)

Post #1320 Settings database links. Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #2055 Install procedure on a JJP Guns 'n Roses. Posted by fooflighter (1 year ago)

Post #2099 TECH: ASSEMBLY Fix for flipper that won't clamp Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #2541 Flipper removal process Posted by 1956PINHEAD (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

285 posts in this topic match your search for posts by punkin. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #79 1 year ago

Triple blues ordered for Tron, it's funny to watch people who spend $10k on a pinball whine about $100. Toppers selling for $2k and the thing my eyes are glued to the whole game is only $50? Give it to me. Don't like the machine screws? Put some toppers on those bats.

Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I'm sorry, not to highjack this thread but there is a Mad Max Pinball machine?!?!

There sure is!

#87 1 year ago

Pinball people love innovation, so long as it doesn't involve change....
    They hate change.

If there's no solid logic left to argue against change, they'll trot out the 'tradition' crap.

Case in point, try arguing that there is no need for a coin door in a HUO machine. Clearly obvious point but they'll scream.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Can we get cliff notes as to why these are better? I feel like flipper bats fall in the “if it ain’t broke” category…

Because you can't be bothered reading the posts? But you can be fucked asking people to paraphrase the posts for you.

The usual stuff from the usual people.

#104 1 year ago

Thanked him for poking fun at you.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:Actually poking fun at the shill for not being capable of answering direct questions, and replying with googled up jargon.

Aaaahhh, you are poking fun at yourself without realising it.
    As well as being fucking rude to the OP and calling him a liar and a shill.
    He's told you he is qualified and has written books on this shit, but that seems like more hard work than you have ever done, so it's 'googled up shit' because you can't grasp his area of expertise, and despite him saying he is just a customer who wrote a review of a product he liked, you are once again calling him a liar and a 'shill' because, like, who ever heard of someone just being honest, eh?

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

I want to apologize to everyone for losing my patience. That's not the person I want to be. I'll strive to do better. I won't erase my prior comments; I'll own up to behaving inappropriately instead.

Me too! I'm actually very, very surprised no one else has provided their detailed comments. Other than Joel (Twitch streams), there's been almost no discussion from actual owners (either way, negative or positive). Those reviews will come, fairly quickly I would think.

I think you have been extremely patient when continually confronted by a level of rudeness that would never be tolerated by anyone in real life, including the ex friends of the people who saw someone calling others names like that.

Thank you, it shows me how to be a better person by hanging out with better people than my self.

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

The shafts need roller bearings pressed onto them and then fixed into what was the metal bushing (now a race) to make them precision.
    Other than that, there will still be play in the system and a need for periodic lubrication.
    Metal on metal surfaces wear quickly.
    The metal shafts in the metal bushing will be ok for awhile, and then end up as sloppy as the original system was.
    Then the precision is out the window.
    Personally I dont see the need for this gimmick, it seems like a temporary situation that wont age well enough to merit the cost.
    Pinball has always been a low cost, medium precision system that has to suffer tons of abuse and still work.
    Cheaply rebuilding the flippers and other components, has always been an acceptable method of bringing new life into a worn game.
    The key is low cost.

I see your point, but i don't think these are marketed to revolutionize pinball manufacturing. These are leveled at people like me who have one or more 'harley' machines, where we customize, paint, chrome and fabricate one off bits for or buy aftermarket bling for.

I have a couple like that. My Deadpool is shiny and full of bling, it also has flipper bats that were more exe than these if i remember right and they only have pretty lights in them.
    Then there's my Tron, which has every mod and bit of bling possible. These are going in that. Blue of course

The only other machine i have that fits the description is Sunset Riders and that may get the second set of these yet. In fact i'm off to place another order now i think about it.

#136 1 year ago

Yeah, my Harley itself is not a show bike, but extensively customised. It get's ridden, but not in the rain.

bikes1 (resized).jpgbikes1 (resized).jpg

But this is what i meant;

dp11 (resized).jpgdp11 (resized).jpg

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Pinside. Providing the ultimate experience of individual enlightenment in your life. But apparently only if there's people who are trollin'
    You're welcome?

I'm sure you're a legend mate. Even if the fan club's a small one.

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Damn. Can you get any cooler.
    LTG : )

I'm a poser mate. Cool is my thing.

#141 1 year ago

Well said John.

#144 1 year ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

There are always going to be flamers, but I think most here are just expressing healthy skepticism. I appreciate the op’s knowledge and expertise. I just need to see practical evidence of the benefit to justify the op’s claims.

Only one way to do that if it's of interest to you.

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Unfortunately I don’t make it to many shows and I don’t see these getting installed on location games any time soon. Most likely I will get a set of these just to satisfy my curiosity.

Yes, that was my point, a $100 bet is not a lot of money in pinball. And there is at least two glowing reviews, and nothing negative said by anyone who has actually used them. So a small wager indeed. I have two sets coming and they will both go into machines that will be at Australia's biggest pinball show.

Look out for Tron and Sunset Riders anyone who makes it to Pinfest Newcastle.

https://pinfest.com.au/pinfest-2022/

tron12 (resized).jpgtron12 (resized).jpg

sr6 (resized).jpgsr6 (resized).jpg

#149 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I dont want to alarm you but I think you may have a snake problem going on!

3 guys here, they are not a problem.

snake42 (resized).jpgsnake42 (resized).jpg

That's if you don't count the wild ones, they are everywhere here. Just don't fuck with the black or brown ones.

snake39 (resized).jpgsnake39 (resized).jpg

snake3 (resized).jpgsnake3 (resized).jpg

snake76 (resized).jpgsnake76 (resized).jpg

snakegreen1 (resized).jpgsnakegreen1 (resized).jpg

#165 1 year ago
    Quoted from pb456:

If that's the case, the OP's Google-Fu is way better than mine. And I Google-Fu to afford pinball, so much respect to OP.
    The animosity is likely due to those thinking they're the "smartest person in the forum" and can't stand having their mind blown.

Yep, there's three or four posting in this thread that hold that self image, or at least it comes across that way.

#167 1 year ago

I guess you are not much into the art of pilfering either then.

A mate of mine used to say 'Doesn't matter if you don't want it, take something every day. If just to keep your eye in'.

#186 1 year ago

Plus, he's a really nice guy too. Some retailers here just won't even bother posting to Australia. I know you guys get it because some European countries won't post to the USA. John went out of his way to combine freight for me on two orders. Great service.

SoThere'sThatPunkin

#189 1 year ago

What's happened to all the character insults? Isn't everyone who posts a review a shill?

Must only be the first person to review a product.

You people should be ashamed of your behavior, but the same people just hide behind their keyboards and do it again.

#191 1 year ago
    Quoted from underlord:

OP and PPP owner chimed in professionally and with extreme courtesy. A little goes a long way in internet-land.
    I will wait for improved version to be available as I’ve got multiple pins to buy for.

No question, but the OP retained extreme curtesy in the face of abhorrent behaviour from some on this thread and they get to go on as if it's business as usual and pretend it never happened. No apology because they have no honour.

#196 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

punkin When did someone appoint you the moral compass of this forum?
    You've been frustratingly negative in other threads; I find it odd that you choose to chastise some of us for having opinions that differ than yours.
    I'm glad DiabloRush believes in this product. I know 1956PINHEAD appreciates the support.
    In General, I stand by my comments. Outside the weird defense I saw the OP take initially; I'm glad that we finally seem to have some closure as to who the OP is vs the owner of the product. Skepticism is a real need in our hobby lately given all the scammers working to steal our money.
    If your post wasn't directed at me specifically; then well... sorry for reading more into it than you intended.

I'll get back to this.

When i'm sober.

#198 1 year ago
    Quoted from underlord:

It’s the way of the world. We read it and move on. Pinside ignore feature if it’s too much. Yes, some folks can make one wonder how humanity made it this far.

I think it's important to say something when you see something wrong.

Quoted from Zitt:

punkin When did someone appoint you the moral compass of this forum?
    You've been frustratingly negative in other threads; I find it odd that you choose to chastise some of us for having opinions that differ than yours.
    I'm glad DiabloRush believes in this product. I know 1956PINHEAD appreciates the support.
    In General, I stand by my comments. Outside the weird defense I saw the OP take initially; I'm glad that we finally seem to have some closure as to who the OP is vs the owner of the product. Skepticism is a real need in our hobby lately given all the scammers working to steal our money.
    If your post wasn't directed at me specifically; then well... sorry for reading more into it than you intended.

If you thought it was directed at you as one of the culprits then it probably was.

I am not talking about morals, but manners. One of the basic building blocks of civilization.

The first post by the OP made it very clear who was who, you didn't need closure. He stated categorically off the bat that he was merely a happy customer with no interest but was repeatably called a liar and a shill by a bunch of people. That's not skepticism, that would be thinking maybe and waiting to see. That's plain rudeness when you call someone a liar.

Anyway that's my last word on it here, if you want to discuss it further message me.

#204 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

You obviously saw the post after it was edited - not the original post.

Also saw lots of said comments made after i saw the original post.

edit; and see above.

#216 1 year ago

A vuk or a saucer or a scoop are all metal on metal? The striker contacts the ball. Also playfield posts.

#218 1 year ago

Well there's this...

But nearly every game has one of these...

sr4 (resized).jpgsr4 (resized).jpg

Gently challenge....

#221 1 year ago

Just thought of metal on metal moving part even closer to the bat...

williams-bally-flipper-leaf-switch-double-contact (resized).jpgwilliams-bally-flipper-leaf-switch-double-contact (resized).jpg

#223 1 year ago

He's playing for real, not saying which is correct.

#229 1 year ago

It's always with the insults....

Even in an apology you throw an insult in.

Quoted from Zitt:

Please don't pretend to tell my JJP makes a quality machine.
    They don't. And they haven't learned yet.
    I'm done flaming this thread with "my" $0.02 by all means; Fanboi's assemble.

You were wrong again just yesterday, but all Scott Danesi got was 'I stand corrected'.

Is being correct that important to you that you can't even apologise with honesty and grace?

#231 1 year ago

They probably don't count either.

#237 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Felt it necessary to post this now, figured it was timely. Performance testing to date, stellar. My solution due to limited space constraints, bronze oilite sleeve. Performes as I had expected it would, no real surprises here. Will be available along with the next prodction run of flipper sets.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Yippee, thanks mate!

#249 1 year ago

#251 1 year ago

That's just a pic off the net, but i have two sets of the T handle tools here and i bought them specifically to do up flipper bolts. They work a treat.

DSCF1303[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1303[1] (resized).jpg

AndNoSkinnedKnucklesPunkin

#260 1 year ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Surprising. With the stiffness and no slop engineering I would have expected much stronger rebound compared with a standard setup.

It has to be a function of the rubber. Titans, silicon or rubber will play the same as on any bat.

#273 1 year ago

I ordered one for my Tron, but the third flipper is important on that title, like JD's fourth flipper. Don't think i would bother for upper playfield flippers though.

Not that i have tested them though.

#278 1 year ago

The black looks nice.

#280 1 year ago

Just put a bat topper on it.

#283 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ashram56:

I know I'm going to ask for the impossible, but... I have lit flippers on my Tron (and they're programmable on top of that), and boy I would miss them should I swap. Not sure if it's feasible, but could a flipper tap be made of transparent resin, with embedded 2020 ws2812 leds? Need to run a wire through the shaft though, not sure if it's hollow?

Ha! Do you reckon Tron is the most modded pinball machine in the world? mine came with so many mods....

Soon to have Precision bats too.

#296 1 year ago

I'd love the backboard screen. They just reran the pop bumper caps too, but i can't justify the price tag for some clear caps with a sticker.

Not much else this baby needs.

tron15 (resized).jpgtron15 (resized).jpg

#307 1 year ago

That's what you'd do if you wanted to make sure they would not fail in space, an airplane or an ocean going vessel, but it's a little over the top for a pinball mod.

#309 1 year ago

So have at it.

#316 1 year ago

There's probs a vids guide here somewhere if you search pinside.

#319 1 year ago

And take a couple of photos before you start. I just did a flipper rebuild on DP and the thing i had to double check was which end the flare on the sleeve went.

#351 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

just want to mention that I ordered a 2-flipper set w/bushings, and will be testing them out in Jackbar. Now to decide what game to try them on. Part of me wants to do it on a Stern, because they're such fast, precision games. This would make them ridiculous. But then part of me thinks they're already very precise, and to try them on a BLY/WMS in an effort to avoid redundancy, and increase accuracy where it's maybe more needed. Curious people's thoughts.

I ordered two sets for this reason, a 3 flipper set for Tron, and a 2 flipper set for Sunset riders which is an Eight Ball retheme. If i'm as impressed as i think i will be there'll be a bunch more on my horizon.

1956PINHEAD you should reach out to Nino at Ride the Boney Beast here in Australia. They are a premium parts supplier and handle OS orders for us on things like CPR playfields and backglasses, Ramp O Matic ramps and all the other US companies and modders that are worth supporting. Means we can either prorder with them and they worry about the bulk shipping or we can order out of their stock on a lot of things.

https://www.rtbb.com.au/

#361 1 year ago
    Quoted from ray-dude:

I’ve been playing with the fine angle differences to see how it impacts hitting different ramps. I ended up dropping the left a notch and beat my high score

Camera angle makes it look more pronounced.

#400 1 year ago

I use this for spinners ect. Easy to apply a tiny drop of machine oil as it has needle nose and you just squeeze.

#406 1 year ago

I don't expect them to make me a better player either, but they look really nice and offer the easy adjustment option. And they are not much money really in the world of pinball.

Imagine how much they would cost if lior made them.....

#414 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

But there are games where changing flipper angle helps tremendously, gnr for example. And I've had a flipper or 2 move before, so this is a great option, and relatively inexpensive in the mod world. Will be ordering for rush, but I need some pics of others to decide on color.

Just did a flipper rebuild on my Deadpool. Over 5k plays and it needed it.

The flippers had been fucked around with a few times, but i set them back where the designer said, with a slight droop, and the katana etc was (and is to a lessor extent) a gimmee shot that slides right up there. the upper shots, scoop etc needed relearning, but so good when the first multi you gte i=s ninja multi instead of lil dp.

#420 1 year ago

My guys just like the pretty lights.

tron12 (resized).jpgtron12 (resized).jpg

#424 1 year ago

They are my companions, there are 3 live here in tanks. They can't hurt you if they tried, the eat rats and birds, not people.

This is a wild one i relocated from under an old car bonnet in the driveway here. Never been handled before and placid as anything.

snake39 (resized).jpgsnake39 (resized).jpg

My companions live a charmed life, much like myself.

snake74 (resized).jpgsnake74 (resized).jpg

#427 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Beautiful. Amazing animals. I love the home you built for them.

Thanks Lloyd, it turned out fairly cheap really about 1k for the big twin tank.

I drew it and said to my mate who was going to build it for me, just make me a shower cubicle, you can do that right?

The wiring was fun, i have electric rocks and heat mats for heating, the lights are regular downlights and the led bulbs don't wear out like heat lamps.

And they get a bit of sun and view out of the front windows as there's a window on the back of the tank that looks out to the front of the shed.

snake57 (resized).jpgsnake57 (resized).jpg

The little fella lives in the pinball room at the front.

snake23 (resized).jpgsnake23 (resized).jpg

Anyway, flippers.

#438 1 year ago

They are fucking ace! Makes CNC real.

#501 1 year ago

Amazing what happens when you throw a free prize in front of a bunch of rich people.

#554 1 year ago

So far i think the best are

Halo's
    Accushot's
    Snapshots
    Hollowcore

I'll add a single entry just because i want some and i'd be childish not to

Precision Pinball Hollowpoints.

PPH.

#570 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Halo Flipper Bats

The fucking nerve. More front than a white shirt.

And it's someone else's suggestion.

#581 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

this name game is a ploy to keep the thread bumped to the top for sales:
    Over the Top Flippers
    Top Guns

Not exactly a new or offensive marketing strategy?

People clearly enjoy a giveaway and are happy to bump, even those you'd least expect.

#583 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Wasn’t being serious. Hence why I posted my own suggestions.

I understand, and I was cognizant.

#586 1 year ago

Self appointed Sherriff's.

giphy_s.gifgiphy_s.gif

#603 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I think you meant to say “once the concerns raised were listened to and addressed with a new revision of the product based on those concerns”
    And more transparency was added.
    But your judgement has been filed

786d2f59-6360-41bc-9fbd-75dd63ab4ff8_text.gif786d2f59-6360-41bc-9fbd-75dd63ab4ff8_text.gif

#637 1 year ago

Sure is sweet. Disappointed i didn't wait for Tron now.

It'll be next order, when you have blue Hollowpoints ready. Just have to figure out which machine will get the blue solids.

ahhhhh....Haggis Mermaid when it comes.

Shit, no i'll want the Hollowpoints for it too, maybe Alice Cooper.

#643 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

Correction, they are called HOLLOWCORE if you werent paying attention.

Just wanted to use my suggestion in a sentence is all.

To me hollowcore suggests a lack of internal strength or courage, like an internal door.

Hollowpoint suggests a shattering power like a mushrooming projectile.

Carry on though, they are only 2 of all the great suggestions.

I do like the Void one too.

Hey wait? A downvote?

Fuck man. You have the prize if it's important like that.

Capturehp (resized).PNGCapturehp (resized).PNG

#650 1 year ago
    Quoted from underlord:

It’s called a disagree vote. According to Robin. Unless he downvotes me.

No it's not. Hover over it mate and see what it's called.

#652 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s called downvote. It’s purpose is for disagreement. Nothing more, nothing less.

I understand your view.
    Permit others to differ in their views and how they value things?

Or do we all have subscribe to somones view?

#656 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

I can't seem find the hover button on my phone...

So you also deny it's called a downvote?

#657 1 year ago

#658 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fair. Just stating what the websites definition of the down vote is. You can upvote eveyone you’re mad at too though.

It's a habit.

But don't underestimate it's use for disrespect, which is what happened here in my view.

#667 1 year ago

You people are making a small comment into a huge thing with the downvotes.

Go as hard as you like. Gang up and all have your go at me, i don't care.

Tell people they have to share the same view as you or disable it, do as you please.

Fact is that different people see things differently. Good thing you people can't standardize the world.

Anyway, flippers.

#674 1 year ago

#676 1 year ago

Nothing as complicated as that. hallm...google has a pic for every occasion.

Didn'tNoticeTheHeatedBitPunkin

#678 1 year ago

He got too comfortable and dozed off.

#680 1 year ago

Congrats to the winners, Halo was a beauty.

#696 1 year ago

Blue.

JustBluePunkin

#701 1 year ago

I see a third prize getting awarded here.

#703 1 year ago

As usual Pink Floyd has the answers;

Well, you go your way,
    I'll go mine.
    I don't care if we get there on time.
    Everybody's searching for something, they say.
    I'll get my kicks on the way.

#710 1 year ago

So only standard old fashoined rubber only on machines over there for league and events?

Seems weird, we see Titans and Perfect Plays on machines here at shows and tournies, they certainly offer different feel to standard rubber in a way that would be 100 times more than these bats.

smellslikebullshit (resized).jpgsmellslikebullshit (resized).jpg

#712 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And don't add any extra lighting, that's changing the game too.

Or extra room lighting.

Don't turn off extra balls, tune the slings to take on the outlanes or anything else that makes games harder for tournies.

#714 1 year ago

See superbands at comps and shows here too, titans and perfect play play way different to rubber, and you are the first person i've ever heard try to wiggle out of that obvious statement.

#716 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Your ignorance is not my problem.

You don't have room for more problems. You'd have to take on an assistant to manage them.

back-pedal-bike.gifback-pedal-bike.gif

#724 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

5500 plays if at home.. you're probably a lot better player than you think! Those are some big numbers.
    Thx for sharing.

I must be a lot better player than i think too. I have the same numbers.

DSCF1391[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1391[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF1392[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1392[1] (resized).jpg

Standard flipper bats on Deadpool, but droop the flipper bats less than 1mm and the game plays wildly differently (like the designer intended). If you lift the bats up .5mm to align with the holes that Stern say should be used does that mean you are cheating and not playing the game as intended? Is Gomez not respecting the Stern instructions and cheating?
    Does that ever happen in comp that one machine would have the flipper bats at a slightly different angle at one venue than another?

Makes much more difference on Deadpool than even the recent flipper rebuild that i have done. It means the bottom third of the playfield shoots like buttter and the top third is much harder than with Stern standard.

You are not convincing anyone who uses their brain to observe and learn mate.

DSCF1393[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1393[1] (resized).jpg

#732 1 year ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I got my order yesterday and was very impressed. I've already installed them on two games (GZ and DP). The kit comes with very detailed instructions and even all the tools you need even though neither is probably needed for most of us. I also got the bushings and put a drop of that Zoom Spout oil I use on spinners. First thing I noticed on my first game (GZ) was the more precise flipper feel. Second thing I noticed was it now only takes one rip of the center spinner to defeat Ebirah. I ordered the parts to do 4 more games this morning.
    [quoted image]

Can't get a better endorsement than that.

Tried one, bought four more immediately.

GoodStuffPunkin

#741 1 year ago

GnR would be the one to use as a comparo. It happens in minutes for the left ramp backhand.

#744 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ashram56:

Hobbit as well, although it's not that instantaneous. But triggering smaug multiball several times, and after a while you can't make up the ramp anymore unless it's a perfect shot.
    My Stern spike systems (Sth and SW) do not seem to suffer as much from flipper fade even with stock flippers, so not sure if it's a valid comparison

If you want comparisons go to the Tibetan Breeze threads. The maker has got graphs and comparo charts.

#746 1 year ago

He measures temp over time. It will compare completely as PinMonk has data with and without, so could test positively on the same basis and give temp results at the coils if he was asked.

#749 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It won't compare 1 to 1 unless the same person is doing all tests as play style has some influence on temps (moreso on non-Stern Spike machines, due to their superior hold duty cycles), but it will be a pretty good ballpark, even from different testers.

It will if pinhead sends you a set....

#752 1 year ago

They look so, so good.

I'll def be ordering some when they come in colours if i'm as impressed with the regular ones that should be here this week that i think i will be.

So fucking cool.

Who's gunna look like an idiot once these become common in comps?

#760 1 year ago

So we have one very surprised and one idiot.

Cool.

#762 1 year ago

Round here a lot of tournaments are made using a combo of location machines and volunteered machines.

#766 1 year ago

Bugger.

Reality steps on perceptions again.

#768 1 year ago

Still, point being you are likely to run across them in tournaments sometimes in the future is all.

I doubt it will be long before they are copied by

a) unscrupulous people trying to cash in on others ideas

b) pinball companies, especially boutique ones.

They undoubtedly look better, by all reports play better, and should be better longevity wise.

Well done mate, you deserve to have your name associated with them in the future and i hope they make a nice little side stream income for you.

#770 1 year ago

Flynnibus won't play in your comp....

laughing-baby.giflaughing-baby.gif

#774 1 year ago

DP is the one i am most waiting for colours, along with Tron on the hollows.

My Dp is pimped, but i want to see red or yellow hollow bats for it.

They look great.

#804 1 year ago

Other than that it would be perfect....

Fuckin' science.

#812 1 year ago

Wish i'd have been able to show off mine at the biggest pinball show in Australia this weekend, but fucking USPS has had them since the 5th of August and they have been sitting in Sydney 5 hrs drive from me for more than a week.

Can't see them getting here in time before my 6 machines go on the truck tomorrow.

#828 1 year ago

Sunset Riders when they get here.

#835 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

I've been nagging John to do another anodization (color) run on both the miniflippers and the Halographic Pros. It's not cheap, unfortunately. To help, perhaps we should list our 3 preferred colors for this. Here's mine:
    Gold
    Red
    Black
    Come on, John. You know you're going to cave and make this happen...

Blue for TRON

#839 1 year ago

Hahaha gap in your flipper bats...

#856 1 year ago

Bugger, no blue. I'll keep waiting for Tron.

1 week later
    #917 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lounge:

Mmmm k - sorry, not buying it.
    Look hard enough for a reason to be offended and you will find one.

#919 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ashram56:

Errr... sorry ?? Not sure I understand your comment. If you think I was implying to be offended, well, look at my profile, and realize that not everyone is a native english speaker.

Seems to be what he's somehow extrapolated from an innocent comment.

1 week later
    #951 1 year ago

Tron got a makeover yesterday. New ramps just released from from Jody at Ramp O Matic, Cliffy's installed on them and the scoop renewed, and of course precision flippers that finally got here two weeks ago.

Haven't had a chance to play many games yet, but they look wonderful and sound pretty cool.

tron16 (resized).jpgtron16 (resized).jpg

tron17 (resized).jpgtron17 (resized).jpg

#954 1 year ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

Anyone have any feedback on the increased power when installing these on older games that don't have flipper coil adjustments?
    Considering installing a set on my shadow but concerned they might be too strong with the left ramp and targets so close to the flippers, or ball bouncing out of eject holes?

Seem ok on Tron at first couple of plays.

#956 1 year ago

When i do that i'm labelled a drug cheat

#962 1 year ago

Tron doesn't have any bounce that i've noticed.

#969 1 year ago

I like it a lot.

Glad I'm in the front of all this, sorry I'm on the wrong side of the world.

Developing so quick.

#992 1 year ago

I want blue....And red, black and gold.

#996 1 year ago

You've made it a success mate, we are just taking advantage of it.

#1009 1 year ago

I loved my Hobbit, was pretty rock solid.

I sold it in disgust after buying a GnR and being told the playfield catastrophe was owners faults and have JJP change the warranty terms.

#1026 1 year ago

Was going to say i like playing my mates Hook, but you said no judgement.

#1028 1 year ago

I'll make a note and tell him. Thanks.

Is it available? Does he need to buy a rom or somesuch?

Found it with a search, disregard.

#1036 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

DBLM Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, I was at the machine shop cranking out a big bath of HALO's. Looks like you came up with a fix, I was going to suggest using a dremel tool with a small grinder/cutter to just notch the flange on the bushing to provide clearance. Glad you got some help from the crew in the forum here.
    Speaking of HALO's, for those looking for black, red, and now blue, I'll have them back in stock in about a week.

Pm incoming! thanks for the blue mate, upgrading Tron and moving the blue standard precisions to ....somewhere.....

Deadpool, AFM and TWD will also get an upgrade.

Quoted from DBLM:

It's all good my friend. Love the product! Congrats on such a fantastic mod!
    It's funny reading back through this thread how it went from skepticism to people recognizing how big of an addition these are.

Not everyone was a skeptic....
    Some of us can see what's put in front of us.

#1057 1 year ago

Can't wait for my new order to be ready.

#1070 1 year ago

Feel like a VIP, thanks mate. Flick me an invoice when you are ready, champ.

#1073 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

Who else is thinking the Halo might be the final/best product and the solids were just a part of the journey getting to this point?

No.

Classic single level games deserve the solids, and that's what's going in Sunset Riders.

They would go in Sunset regardless, Halo's wouldn't look right..

#1083 1 year ago

Ace, just got my order in. Taking the regular precision bats off Tron and leaving the bushings in there. Have ordered a 2 set halo's with standard Williams bushings, and an extra single halo bat with regular length shaft/bushing. Not sure if i need a long one as that comes up in the options? It's for Whirlwind, all three flippers regular shaft or is the top one a long shaft?

Also doing Deadpool in Gold Halo's and The Walking Dead in Black Halos, all with bushings. Comes out at less than the price for one colorDmD for three sets of Halos.

Gotta be the best value mod in pinball.

Fuck it costs nearly that much to LED a machine.

Update in a couple months when they get here.

#1089 1 year ago

Just order a 2 flipper kit, a single flipper and a bush.

That's what i did for Tron/Whirlwind anyway.

#1099 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

On WPC’s do you need to put in weaker coils)

I have been monitoring carefully on Tron, for the same reason. I just put new ramps in and it's a Sam game with no coil adjustment.

ATM i have the regular precisions in there, i'll carefully check again when i put the Halo's in.

#1104 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I wanted to update everyone on some recent changes I've made to my Pinside Store. I've gotten a few requests to make some updates now that the product line and options have grown over the past couple months. I agree it was getting a little busy and confusing to sort through all the ordering options.
    I've now listed the HALOGRAPHIC-PRO flipper kits (and individual flipper bats) as a new listing in my store. The original listing is unchanged, all the same products are still there, but no more HALOGRAPHIC ordering options. In addition I've added the Mini's to the line up, they are going on the machine this week and hope to have them available in time for Thanksgiving time frame just in case you want to put a bug in the wife or girlfriends ear you want them for Christmas
    Lastly, I'll also be adding a new listing shortly for the new style link-arm clamping block, so for those looking to upgrade to that new clamping system keep watch for that.
    Thanks again to all my customers and supporters, you Rock!
    John

Put a store link in your sig mate, save me looking for it in your profile.

#1106 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Need a better link
    Oops!
    Oops, you need a shop first!
    Before you can view inventory, you need a shop first!

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1983-precision-pinball

#1113 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

I’m considering putting balls in my BSD for testing

Good thinking, you'll need them.

#1125 1 year ago

They'll be going on my Haggis Mermaid for sure.

#1127 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Really? Even though they aren’t the right shape? Or are you talking for your personal one?

Really, yes. And i only have a say over my personal one.

TheyAreFlipperShapedPunkin

#1128 1 year ago

I also have a set here to go on my Sunset Riders (Eight Ball retheme).

#1130 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

So haggis isn’t using them in the stock games? That was my question. Sorry.

Shit no, i wouldn't think so. But they ARE a boutique company who are able to incorporate tech like this with no trouble in future projects, like Spooky and AP.

#1133 1 year ago

Do yourself a favour and try drooping that left flipper a little.

#1151 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Another problem is that it "changes the game". I wouldn't want to get used to the "better flippers" and then have to compete on "regular flippers".
    If Stern or one of the other big manufacturers started including them, you'd see a lot more people adding them to their machines.
    A 3rd problem, is that on many machines (i.e. Bally/Williams) there is no option to turn down the flipper strength. I'm concerned that I'd start breaking (expensive) plastics on my Whitewater. Sure, I could switch to weaker coils, but now I'd be changing the game even more.
    I love the idea (and the engineering that's gone into it), it just seems like they need to be adopted more universally. It would be nice if Stern would include these on their Premium/Collector machines.

We've already had major TD's on here explaining that the games in their comps are fluid. That they fuck with the games between rounds to make them different by adjusting flippers, sling strength and all sorts of shenanigan's to sort the top players that are able to adapt from the top players that are able to repeat.

Td's have stated that the ease with which they can droop or raise a flipper between rounds to make the machine play differently for a comp is one of the main reasons they are installing these things.

#1153 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, I can't speak to how the tourney's are run "down under", but here I have never seen them change flipper settings just to "mess with players". The only time machines get opened here is if something gets broken or a ball gets stuck.
    Most of the time, they are just praying that the machine makes it through the event without having to be repaired or swapped out with another machine.
    The only time that "changes" are made to a machine in the middle of an event is when someone realizes "oh crap, Extra Balls are still enabled on this one!".

It was a chap from North America (as in 'here') that explained it. Perhaps you travel in different circles.

Could be that someone who gives more of a fuck will find and link the post for you.

#1155 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

There is not a TD on earth that has changed flipper angles mid event. Unless the flipper came loose. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Went back and looked it up. It originally said mid event and was changed to at other times, somewhere around pg 18.

In the end the point is the same and was argued out back then. Games will be fucked with and changed in order to fuck with competitors and challenge them, whether it's before or during a tourney has no bearing.

If a game has some worn linkages it will play different, outlanes closed or open, slings sensitized, new rebuild kit, flipper angles changed, post rubbers removed, smaller flippers entirely installed on games.

You name it.

The argument is invalid.

#1157 1 year ago

How comps are run changed in the last 46 days?

Righto.

#1164 1 year ago

Yippee! if i hadn't got my new electric scooter two days ago, this would be my best present all week!

Thanks John, USPS didn't let me down this time, probs because i had no deadline....

DSCF1610[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1610[1] (resized).jpg

#1165 1 year ago

Gosh wee dicky yes!

They look and play amazingly.

tron18 (resized).jpgtron18 (resized).jpg

ExcuseTheSpitStainsPunkin

#1168 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

How’s everyone with the new flippers doing with drop catches, live catches and dead passes? Same as stock or quite different?

Couldn't believe the difference tween the halos and the regular precisions on Tron yesterday.

The catches and passes was the thing that really stood out.

I'm a hit and hope player at worst and one who plays on the fly at best. I don't generally catch, although tip passes are becoming a thing for me.

These things make me look like a more skilled, controlled player than i am, and i think my actual skills will soon catch up to that impression.

#1179 1 year ago

Good feedback. Wonder how a round ball is doing that? The base of the ball should be at a diminishing distance due to the curve?

#1200 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think it’s safe to run in the house.

It's ok if you aren't holding scissors.

#1205 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

GrandpaDave Thanks for the Kudos, I'm glad you like the product. I've stated this before, but when I started down this path my objective was to bring a high quality mod to the pinball community that actually improves the playing expereince. Once a player has played long enough to develop their playing skills to the level of being able to make repeatable shots say 50 or 60 percetnage of the time, the 'Win' percentage of making repeated shots increases with this system installed.
    I really believe this system enables a players 'Real Skills' to become self evident after playing with them. I think its also safe to say at this stage that they improve some aspects of the games which just can't be achieved and or maintained with the factory flipper set-up.

Agreed.

I play like a rock star lately.

DrunkAndAngryPunkin

#1224 1 year ago
    Quoted from Enchantress:

Wondering if I should remove my low bounce rubbers and go back to thicker standards to attempt to avoid this result?!

Put two sets of low bounce on and see what happens?

#1226 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're doing that, might as well stick some clear vinyl covers over the flippers, too.

Duct tape....

#1233 1 year ago

Engineers. What can you say?

#1235 1 year ago

No doubt you can say that i spose.

#1249 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

But from the two pictures you posted, it shows the bottom of the "normal" flipper being 4/32" above the playfield, and it shows the precision flipper being 9/32" above the playfield. I don't see how that can be an optical illusion unless your ruler is deformed.
    And again from your pictures the total height of the precision flipper seems to be 11/16", but the height of the plastic flipper is 15/16".
    I'm glad that people are not reporting extra ball hops as of yet, but I find it hard to believe that a missing 1/4" won't make a difference. Compared to the engineering tolerances that you are trying to improve upon, a quarter inch is a lot.

What difference do you think it makes not having the bit of plastic hanging off the bottom of the flipper close to the playfield mate?

Honestly, it's like you are not even thinking of what you are saying. The only part that matters in your equation is the bit the ball hits, the rubber. The bottom of the rubber is the same distance from the playfield, the top is the same distance from the playfield, and (even counting the optical illusion which you can see and has been mentioned) the top of the bat is between .5 and 1mm lower.

Big poo poo whoop.

Flipper hop is a house ball. It happens rarely and everyone agrees when it does it's bad luck.

Weewee you mustn't own a Tron, it will throw the ball from the spinning disc over the flippers and down the drain without even touching the sides. Flipper is not in the equation.

#1266 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Seems like you are arguing against yourself. "Flipper hop is not a problem" and "It happens all the time on Tron".
    And it's not .5mm, the top of the flipper is 1/16" lower (which is 1.58mm).
    If you want to say you don't care, that's fine, but some people might care - seems like maybe Tron owners might care the most...
    I'm not trying to pick on his design, and by most acounts it's an improvement over the standard flipper. But unless there is a good reason (cost, weight, etc.), I don't see why you would want them any shorter than standard.

Your confusion stems from your lack of comprehension which i think is a lack of attention to what others are saying and the tendency to see what you want to see.

I never said i get flipper hop on Tron.

I said the spinning disc at the top of the playfield throws the ball from there down the drain in a full toss. Flippers have bum bum all to do with it.

#1270 1 year ago

Do the plastic bats list the height from the playfield?

#1279 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

No, I don't feel that I have gotten an answer to this one basic question yet...
    Why was a decision made to move the flipper rubber down from it's "historic" position to a position 1/16" lower? Is there some perceived benefit to this?
    I keep being told it's "not about cost", "not about weight", and "not about ease of manufacturing".
    If there is no perceived benefit to moving it, and no reason for moving it, why move it?
    Perhaps it was just an oversight, and you don't feel the need to re-adjust it?
    The only reason I even brought this up was that I looked at the two pictures posted by 1956pinhead, and thought "Wow, there are some significant differences there - I wonder why he chose to make those changes."
    Furthermore, I am not trying to pick on his design - I'm trying to understand it.
    The only reason I haven't already bought some of these is that I only own 3 machines, and two of them have no way to reduce the flipper strength (and WH20 mountains get broken too easily already). I may buy a set for my MBr, but seeing as how they are still going through some refinements, I will probably wait a while.
    That was the other reason I brought this whole issue up, if there are still refinements being made, maybe one of them could be to adjust the rubber position back to the "historically expected position".

Ffs, if you want the rubber 1mm higher, why wouldn't you just lift it up 1mm on the bat?

Why does it have to be a philosophical question with a technical answer?

#1335 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

Thought I’d document the solution to an issue that arose during my most recent installation on a Stern Mandalorian. The issue I had was occasionally, a flipper would remain stuck after I released the flipper button. This was an electrical issue, which I easily verified (testing with glass off and also the flipper would fall when power was removed).
    Anyway, after a bit of hunting, I found the issue. The gap on the EOS switch was fairly large, a result of the EOS pawl having rotated during installation and hence pushing the EOS switch more than normal. Stern Spike 2 requires a fairly narrow EOS gap in order for the software timings to work properly. The solution was to rotate the EOS pawl back to level and ensure it gave only a small gap when the flipper was fully extended.
    Perhaps this will help others. Good luck.
    Search terms: stuck flipper, end of stroke, gap, Spike 2 flipper hold

Thank you, i've been battling this on Tron and now i know what to look for. Right flipper sticks occasionally, but drops if you flicck the left.
    Adds an extra chalenge.

#1337 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I think this sounds more mechanical than electrical. Might be time for some new coil stops and or sleeve.

I think i already did that, but i'll have a look, thanks.

#1339 1 year ago

It drops on end of ball

#1341 1 year ago

We're finally doing this?

dp24 (resized).jpgdp24 (resized).jpg

#1342 1 year ago

Turned the flippers down from 255 to 240 during testing after getting....

you won't believe this.....

an airball over the flipper.

adam-levine-embarrassed.gifadam-levine-embarrassed.gif

Admittedly it was two balls colliding and had fuck all to do with the flipper height, but still, what's the chances?

#1345 1 year ago

The Walking Dead.

twd2 (resized).jpgtwd2 (resized).jpg

#1348 1 year ago

They look too high, especially using the guide holes.

#1351 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

Nice. Glad to see this combo. It's what I plan to put on my GNR.

You still got that thing?

#1353 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

Lol. I bolted it to the floor. Plus I'd be pinless without it!
    Miss you.

Thre'es a stack for sale here. It's love it or don't thing i guess. They are selling for 3 grand under retail with 100 games on em.

Hey John there's a Rob Zombie posted in the owners thread with Halo's on it this morning if you want to add it to a list. Looks really nice and i'll do mine in the next order.

Posted by Lopa

#1359 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Lounge You know I've been thinking about a whole bunch of stuff like that, and anodize them as well. All good ideas for future products, I like it!

What if you turned that calculating mind onto the design of a Stern apron? Or the backboard?

#1368 1 year ago

Done.

#1378 1 year ago

Man you really do like to live dangerous.

Robin told you he won't put up with you fucking with the avatar.....

I actually thought it was ForceFlow for a second.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#1390 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

Awesome. GNR with Pinstadiums and precision flips... The only way to fly! You're livin large.

Pinstadiums eh?

#1399 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

A standard or halo bat on a press fit shaft would still be a premium product. The adjustable shaft is a convenience not some revolutionary game changing design.
    The last option nose dived due to poor production. Money was refunded and they disappeared into the sunset.
    Quality and affordability can share the same boat. There is enough seating for all…

One thing owning boats or airplanes will teach you.

Everything is a compromise in this world.

I'll compromise $20 before I'll compromise quality.

#1403 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

I get it.
    “In a world of compromise some don’t.”
    I was a fanboi once too…

You don't get it at all. You don't get to choose no compromise, that's someone's slogan.

You can have soft riding in a boat, or you can have stable at rest.

You can have passenger load in a plane but you can't have range and speed.

You can have top end flippers that look cool and have a high performance aspect, but you can't have them cheap as well.

You can have flippers made of alloy with a press fit shaft, but they won't be mechanically strong and there will be no way to fix them when they break, which they will unless made from one piece and then are no longer cheap.

#1408 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

The economy option already exists in the form of old plastic flippers. Good lord, people routinely pay $20 for some neat looking stickers to go on top of flippers. These things are a steal and a pair of halos cost about the same as the flaming speakers I put on my Zilla. Both look cool, but only one demonstrably improves gameplay. Personally I see enough improvement between the halos from the solids that if it were me, I'd phase the solids out long term.

Please don't be quick to jump on this suggestion John. I think the solids are the bee's knees for some of the older Bally?Williams games.

Halo's will look garish on Sunset Riders or Sorcerer.

#1411 1 year ago

Totally agree with all you've said.

My modern machines when i get down to the numbers i want to keep, will all have Halo's on them.

There's cases for the solids, there's cases for leaving the plastic bats on, and there's cases for the halo's. I took solids out of Tron and put Halo's in, wouldn't go back. But i'd love to reuse the solids in one of my older style machines, maybe Haggis Mermaid when it comes, old style but modern. Same with Sunset Riders, i have a set of gold here to go into it.

Hankin Orbit 1? Maybe not/maybe.

#1425 1 year ago

Refer 2nd law of thermodynamics

#1436 1 year ago

Another case for solids, how good would the ruby red's look in Woz?

#1444 1 year ago

Not banana zipper impulse flippers?

#1450 1 year ago

Pretty much as you said John. The Halo's have more feel and seems easier to be a pinball stuntman for a hack like me. Catching on flipper tips, tip passing etc, seems to come naturally.
    I've used titans and perfect plays and they both work well.

The halo's also have a more pleasant sound if that's important to you. Quieter and less 'tinny'.

#1461 1 year ago
    Quoted from darkryder:

Can one still use flipper toppers or decals with halos after they’re set to the desired position? The consistency/playability improvement of halos with bushings sounds compelling, but I’d like to keep the flipper art/toppers. I assume it’s possible with good 3M tape or similar?

You could drill a hole in the topper for access to the adjustment screw i suppose.

#1464 1 year ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I thought the whole point of halos was to be able to see the game artwork through them?

And to have the revolutionary top adjustment.

#1466 1 year ago

You'll be the forrunner. But i will say that John has intimated that a topper design is in the works.

#1475 1 year ago

I just kinda use my imagination. But it's a highly trained imagination, thanks to a lifetime dedicated to exploring it, with chemical assistance at times.

#1485 1 year ago

John sent me this, he even wrote my name on it.

DSCF1703[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1703[1] (resized).jpg

#1494 1 year ago

The blue suits

#1498 1 year ago

ACDC looks soooooo good!

#1500 1 year ago

Nah, buy them for the looks. Enjoy them for the little benefits.

#1505 1 year ago

#1511 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

Awesome, particularly interested to see what folks are doing who've swapped coils on older games. Bit of guesswork and coils aren't inexpensive nowadays.

Been worried about Tron as it has brand new ramps in it that were broken before from ball hits. But it seems to play really well with standard coils. It's the fastest game i own, along with Rob Zombie, so if it's can make there it *should* make it anywhere as they say in the song.

#1544 1 year ago

What style bushings does Alien take? Just got one and i have some spare blue bats here.

#1546 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

They looked standard to me. According to precision pinball they are the same as (JJP, Williams, CGC, APB, Pbros, Dutch)

Ok, so not Stern ones, thanks. I have some Williams ones here.

#1567 1 year ago

Want to do my Alien, but i must have fucked my order up as i'm one shaft short.

C'mon John, we need an aussie agent for these little orders.

#1569 1 year ago

All good John. Just nagging.

I know you are busy, but i know you respond to the squeaky wheel. Must be an engineer thing.

#1576 1 year ago

Are you asking about colours or hardware?

#1647 1 year ago

Love this thread, i love the real feedback from real tourney players in the last couple pages.

We talked all this through in the first few pages and argued it up and down the street. We all had opinions and speculations, but now the real feedback is coming in, and it's all welcomed.

No shouting down people because they have a different experience, but some cool, solid statements, well explained from some great people and respect for others views.

Need to go and tighten all mine, i never need the tool, and now i know why.

#1660 1 year ago

Have a great chrissy John. Thank you for your products, i love them.

#1671 1 year ago

So what was the issue then mate?

#1673 1 year ago

Righto, i gotta put an allen key in mine and swing on em then.

Figured John had the right end of the stick.

1 week later
    #1702 1 year ago
    Quoted from DavidCPA:

Yes, please come to Golden State. I need to see these in person. Look great.

There's a very easy and quick way to see them in person.

#1711 1 year ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

Voted, almost too easy since every other mod competing is single game specific. They will get votes by owners that have purchased, but that will be a small subset of the enthusiast community. Your mod is universal and should get many more votes since it applies to nearly all machines made in the last 30 years.
    You've done a good thing here John...

Buggered if i can find the mod section on their website.

#1713 1 year ago

Too hard for me anyway. Can't see any page numbers and the only nominations i find listed are all for full games.

Anyway, thanks for all your help. Guess i'll just have to pass on the voting.

#1714 1 year ago

If anyone else is having as much trouble finding it as i was, that's because it's in a drop down menu at the top that has the heading 'Previous winners' for some fucking reason.

https://twipys.com/2022-twipy-awards

#1747 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zora:

Who did install the precision flippers on SAM machines, where I think the flipper coil strength is not separately adjustable? Are they too strong, especially with the metal bushings?

I've got halo's on the bottom flippers and solid upper on Tron.

The machine plays just fine with the standard coils. It's the sling power i'd like to lower, kicker pops through the rubber and so does the ball occasionally.

If you are worried about breaking things, just go for a lower power coil. Easy as to do it while you are changing out the flippers. The other way to do it is to try it first, and if you think it's too powerful, then replace the coils.

tron18 (resized).jpgtron18 (resized).jpg

Excuse the spit on the glass, i get excited.

#1749 1 year ago

You are welcome. As i said, my Tron is still stock and i don't really notice much difference in power.

#1753 1 year ago

Subtle look, they disappear, i like it.

I'm pretty flashy and would have gone with gold bands or gold bats and red bands.

#1797 1 year ago

Delayed gratification is a very good habit.

1 week later
    #1831 1 year ago

You'd start by saying which GnR if you wanted specific machine info, but the full system is the way to reach all the benefits in any machine really.

#1850 1 year ago

Aaaahhh, Abe Flips would be perfect!

#1873 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

What do you think of these. You like them
    [quoted image]

Put some rubbers on both sets, or better still, put them in a game and show us John.

Can't tell from that.

#1874 1 year ago

Hey, did you know your product doesn't show in the ad's at the bottom of it's own thread?

Always have to find a back door to your shop.

#1875 1 year ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Personally, for me, I plan to stick with aluminum color only. These are expensive enough I plan for this to be an item I remove from a game before I sell it. So by sticking to one color I can keep them and re-use them endlessly

Expensive?

Cut it out, it's 1.1789473684211% of a new Stern premium.

Add $100 to your price and do the people you are selling/swapping with a solid (sic).

#1877 1 year ago

Don't shoot the messenger.

kevinmcgarry-mcgarries.gifkevinmcgarry-mcgarries.gif

#1879 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

By that rationale if I told you it would cost $500 for a new bathroom doorknob, you can’t say it’s expensive because it only equals 0.14% of the cost of your $350,000 house.

If you showed me a door knob that would improve the door opening experience by the same margin as the precision Flippers improve the pinball experience i'd plainly agree with you wholefuckinghardedly.

#1881 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Exactly. For what this flipper mod does in terms of enhancing gameplay (mine are in the mail so this is based on other’s reviews) I agree that it’s not expensive for the benefit it provides. Doesn’t matter what the pinball machine actually costs whether you are putting these on a $2000 Data East or a $9,000 premium. The benefit is worth the $150 or so

Thanks for confirming my point.

#1884 1 year ago

Guess what colour i need?

DSCF1925[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1925[1] (resized).jpg

#1888 1 year ago

Goodun.

Seriously John, could you paint or powdercoat these things? Assuming etch primer etc, would it stand up to the contact if you masked off the bottom rail do you think?

#1904 1 year ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Sweet! I will put in an order for like 25 more halo setups with shafts and bushings when you have them. Outfitting all my games!

They are the guys you want John.

Not us idiots who save them for the special keepers, or the guys who'll take them out every time they flip a game.

So happy to see your hard work and hard thinking become the success you thought it may be, and happy to have travelled the start of the path with you. i hope you end up semiretired and just doing this an hour or two a day for life.

ScrawnyFrailAmericancrow-size_restricted.gifScrawnyFrailAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

WellDoneSirPunkin

#1908 1 year ago
    Quoted from awesome1:

Those super minis would make some good key rings as well!

Only if they had a beer opener designed in.

#1911 1 year ago

Spent a whole weekend out bush one time opening every beer with a different tool.

My mates girlfriend laughed at me when we got there and i said my bottle opener was at home, so each beer i'd use a stick, a rock, some wire, a fence post, a frying pan, a lighter etc to open each bottle.

#1913 1 year ago

Cept you forgot the notch in the point of the flipper for us can drinkers

DSCF1960[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1960[1] (resized).jpg

Without that you end up with callouses like this.

DSCF1963[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1963[1] (resized).jpg

#1917 1 year ago

Don't bother me, i don't drink stubbies.

Plus i had 2000 of these made.

DSCF1964[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1964[1] (resized).jpg

#1920 1 year ago

Yessir.

#1938 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks for the information! I'm just not sure if I want that key component of a flawless aim since my goal is to get comfortable with standard and bad adjusted machines. I'm sure it will be helpful to get to super secret wizard modes, but then again... I also can close my outlanes, remove the tilt bob and use a pitch of 6°.
    So why should I want it? Of course I'd be interested how it feels with such a great accuracy.

Don't buy it then.

It hasn't helped my substandard game so much i feel like I'm cheating (as all the other things you said are), that's for sure.

#1945 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

You didn't read my initial comment? There is a reason I was asking for it.

I've read all the comments in this thread, but i have the memory of a goldfish and don't remember what each person has said in the past.

#1947 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I was saying that I have problems to adjust on different flipper angles on tournaments and if this system can help, since I can change the angles fast with it. However, my concern was that the flippers feel different and how it affects the ball and that I want original bounces and not so much the precision thing, thats all.
    So your comment "I should not buy it" makes no sense

I know English is not your first language Abe, but i have trouble understanding what you are saying in this instance.

If you change from plain rubber to perfect play or titans it makes "the flippers feel different and how it affects the ball". If you polish the playfield before the game or not it makes the game different.

If you want original bounces, you need to stick to plain rubber and set the machine up with the manufacturers recommended playfield angle, rather than the angle that makes the game play best.

So, to me, what you are saying "makes no sense'.

Respectfully.

1 week later
    #1994 1 year ago

Seem to remember that post. If you search the thread you'll find it.

#2003 1 year ago

One of the best things about these is the benefit of being able to adjust flipper angle easily. Try drooping the flippers a little bit below where you have them now (1-2mm) and see how you go with the orbits then. Bet you get all the lower shots easier.

#2005 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

I'll give that a try, thanks for the advice. I can rail the orbits on a buddies Ironman all day but here I'm either hitting the side targets or bricking the insides of the orbits.

I noticed it on Deadpool before i got the Precisions on there even.

Droop them a little the bottom of the playfield becomes an easier shot, lift them a little the top does.

#2007 1 year ago

I'm sure you could return them and swap. Or just buy another set and put them on something else.

#2033 1 year ago
    Quoted from dts:

1956PINHEAD, is there a chrome verson of your halo product? Thinking for my Tron.

tron19 (resized).jpgtron19 (resized).jpg

#2044 1 year ago

Wish there was one here.

#2065 1 year ago

Put them in my Alien, bottom pair, today. Couldn't get the bushing screws out so used the standard plastic bushings, the flippers sit too high by a mile. I may have to take a grinder to the bottom of the playfield of my LV to get the standard bushings out. Fucking tiny screws are rounded off just by putting a hex head in them.

#2067 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

punkin That's a bummer. Is it possible to get a dremel tool with a small cut-off wheel in there to cut the heads of the screws off to remove the bushings? Are there also lock nuts on the opposite side of the flipper mech mounting plate threaded onto the bushing screws like JJP, CGC, and all others that use the B/W type mech plates?

'
    Dunno about the second part of the question, but getting a dremel is the answer to the first part.

#2073 1 year ago
    Quoted from benime:

Just making sure, but you removed the entire flipper assembly right?
    There are nuts on the backside of the plate that you need to remove first in order to take out the bushing screws. Also, you're likely going to need to dremel the playfield to open the bushing holes, either that or sandpaper wrapped around a 1/4" dowel. I had to do that in order to get the precision bushings through.

No i hadn't realised i could do that and work on the bushings away from the machine.

I'll have another look today.

#2075 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

punkin Removing the flipper mounting plate from the playfield is the easiest way to swap out the bushings on games that use the B/W type flipper Mech's. I updated my flipper bushing installation instructions a while back to recommend that approach on those games, but that was after you had received your last batch of parts you ordered. So you get a pass

But you know i'm a bloke anyway, so I'm not allowed to read instructions.

LookAtThePicsInAnEmergencyPunkin

1 week later
    #2096 1 year ago
    Quoted from atg1469:

So I installed the keyed shaft flippers in my GNR but I can’t seem to get the right flipper to stay in position. I’ve screwed the clamp down as tight as it can possibly go but I can still easily pull the flipper bat out by hand from the top. I’ve tried different screws of different lengths thinking that may help to clamp down tighter but nothing works. I thought switching to the keyed shafts would negate these fitment issues with the JJP games but for some damn reason I keep drawing the short straw! The left flipper works awesome but I’m at a loss as to what’s going on with the right. Any thoughts on what else to troubleshoot would be appreciated.

Photos mate.

1 week later
    #2112 1 year ago

I always have a little giggle when i see people asking what colour bats to use in a particular machine, because i've never had trouble seeing the options in my head.

But i have to make an order for some little things, and i have a Cirquis Voltaire coming that is at the restoreres for a playfield swap.

Can anyone advise who has done coloured bats for their machine what they went with?
    Or does anyone with good colouir sense want to have a stab at a bat/rubber combo?

The lack of art round the flippers is throwing me off. Looks pretty bad really.

image-2 (2) (resized).jpgimage-2 (2) (resized).jpg

#2119 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

So with all the new game releases in the past couple weeks who's opting for a new game, and which one, or two?
    I'm in on a Pulp Fiction LE for sure, pretty sure it will be a long wait before it arrives. At least I'll get to play all these new games at TPF in a few days

If you are an SS guy, how could you not?

The best looking machine to be released since Mermaid.

I could imagine it next to Sunset Riders with Mermaid next to it.

#2134 1 year ago

Talk to Haggis, they are doing it and are easy to get along with.

#2141 1 year ago

LightCrazyCapeghostfrog-max-1mb.gifLightCrazyCapeghostfrog-max-1mb.gif

We want to know!

How did pulp play?

And why didn't you take potato cam footage?

#2144 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

punkin I only played one game on PF, but in that one game it felt good. Lighting, sound, theme, call outs, and I think best of all the Topper and retro styling just makes it. Here's an indicator, there were eight Scoobies lined up just to the left of the Pulp's, only four of them being played, there were 4 Pulp's there and a line 8 people deep behind each machine. The Scoobie's looked good, and I plan to play one tomorrow, but clearly the buzz today was clearly Pulp.
    I didn't think of taking any quick potato cam footage, might try to do that tomorrow if I can get back over there before it gets crowded.

Thanks buddy, it's aligning with what i thought.
    All the people saying where's the LCD and the ramps.

But 1000 sold in a day?

People recognise playable art when they see it, and modern pop out Sterns with ramps to fuck and smeared comic art do not have the same cupping feeling.

It's a machine that will make you look cool just playing it, and people see that.

#2149 1 year ago

Stall looks great John.

#2153 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

A Stall is either in a barn where you store a horse or private area with a door in a public restroom where you take a crap.... love the vernacular differences!
    At trade shows up here, it's generally called a booth !

A booth here is a small structure for privacy, phone booth restaruant booth.

Dictionary
    Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
    stall
    noun
    a stand, booth, or compartment for the sale of goods in a market or large covered area.
    "fruit and vegetable stalls"
    an individual compartment for an animal in a stable or cowshed, enclosed on three sides.

The oxford dictionary is an English dictionary though.

#2184 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

I got a chance to talk to John at TPF and try out the Precision flippers. I was certainly impressed.
    They felt solid and controllable (and didn't feel "weird" like I sort of expected them to). In a way that is hard to describe it sort of made the whole machine feel more solid - though that could have easily been in my head.
    I certainly hope that he can get one (or more) manufacturers to include them (at least on their Premium/CE games), as my only complaint is that it sort of feels like cheating to play with these. And (as I discussed with John) I wouldn't want to get used to playing with these and then have to play in competitions with regular flippers.
    But, John's got an awesome product here and I appreciate the hard work that has gone into these. And John, it was great to meet you.

They don't play that bloody differently. I have them on some machines and not others. I prefer them, but there is much more to tuning a game that will change the way it plays without overthinking these.

Moving a post, changing a rubber size on a post, bending a guide on exit or adjusting switches on slings will all have a greater impact on the way a machine plays than the flipper style.

#2213 1 year ago

I had a pretty good idea that it will be superior to other designs out there, only because i get the kind of guy John is. He wouldn't release something just because it would make money, it would have to be a substantial improvement over what is out there, like the flipper system.

If DiabloRush says so, that's enough confirmation too.

#2231 1 year ago

Cheers John.

Did they have a go of your game? Or take some flippers?

#2233 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

punkin They stopped by the booth and took a good look at the system, I think they liked it. They didn't flip my game though, the line was long to test drive it

Good one. They played the precisions on my Tron last September at Pinfest Newcastle anyway.

#2235 1 year ago

Check your post mate, there's a conversion error with a repeated number.

#2239 1 year ago

Halos have much more control and catch better than the solids. No doubt.

#2246 1 year ago

And soon those people will have a couple of options to alleviate it from their thoughts.

1 week later
    #2294 1 year ago

Has the FF machine got different size flippers or something?

1 week later
    #2309 1 year ago

Nothing been reported here like that. I'm sure John will be in touch.

#2312 1 year ago
    Quoted from KidRichard:

See the PM, but crisis successfully averted. Something akin to "percussive maintenance" solved the problem
    To add to the pile, I just want to reiterate to everyone following along with this thread, I really dig this precision flipper product. I have no idea if it helps my game or not, but it's super cool and generally lovely!

We were talking about that kind of hammer stuff the other day.

I said that's the difference that a car technician has from a car mechanic. A mechanic has no idea what to do with a usb cord, and a technician has no idea what to do with a 5 pound hammer.

#2330 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thanks @ DiabloRush for assisting GSC2000. I've been at the flipper factory (AKA: Machine Shop) all day working on the next run of flipper kits and cutting some prototypes for Haggis. I machined some flippers that mirror the one's they use on Fathom. I'm sending those out to them next week for them to play test and get some feedback. Photo attached.
    @GSC2000 if you need any assistance feel free to PM me or give me a call.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That's ace news John!

Could be your first factory gig.

i mentioned the flippers to the boys last Pinfest newcastle and Damian and Marty played Tron with Precision solids on it i think... Maybe it had halos back then, but i'm thinking they were solids.

#2363 12 months ago

I think it just shows you play hard.

LikeRoadRashOnYourHelmetPunkin

1 week later
    #2410 11 months ago

Could be the top bolt and it's spinning on the spline. Seems funny to be going forward if it's slipping the clamp, usually goes backwards.

#2420 11 months ago

I rebuilt the flippers on DP after about 4000 games. Didn't feel like it needed it, but maintenance.

I doubt you would have noticed anything after 1300 games, but i'd always replace coil stops on new Sterns as a matter of course when they come in the house.

#2424 11 months ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

I assume you mean coil stops or are you speaking about the EOS stops?
    Coil stops in my game were all replaced before I bought it 3 weeks ago.

Coil stops mate. Stern ones are shit. There are cheap and easy to replace, but seeing as yours are done you won't need to bother. Unless the owner used Stern ones to put back in of course.

2 weeks later
    #2454 11 months ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Sorry. Gonna call bullsh1t on these reviews and on this product.
    I got mine in today; and I don't have to even install it to realize this product is not "precision".
    Sure; they are precision CNCed. But that's where the precision ends.
    These are nothing more than Aluminum Flipper bats that have been on the market before.
    There nothing special about this kit. No extra parts - nothing which makes them more accurate.
    https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/03/07/adpin-flippers-2/
    You get a top bat, A stainless steel "shaft", a #10-32 stainless steel screw to secure the bat to the shaft, and a reverse clamp to remove the bat from the shaft in the future.
    You don't replace anything but the bats and shafts; so no way can this be a more precise pinball experience. The "triangular" shaft top is knurled so it "bites" against the aluminum flipper bat. The shaft was done (I'm guessing) with stainless steel so it would actually bite into the aluminum. This is why you have to have a reverse clamping system to remove the bat in the future. I imagine eventually; this knurling will deform the aluminum so don't expect to get many install/reinstall cycles.
    They are pretty and look cool; but seriously - nothing here screams precision or anything more than a standard bat. IMHO: certainly NOT worth 65/set of two.
    Edit: I did NOT order the aluminum bushing as I'm a firm believer if it ain't broke; don't fix it. Nothing wrong with the plastic bushings... and I doubt metal bushings really provide a justified benefit to the player when combined with the risk of a gummy situation when the lubed metal on metal action attracts dust from the rest of the machine.
    My advise- they look cool. If you like the look of the product; then by all means enjoy it.
    But don't buy this "system" for the marketing wank that is clearly part of their store.

Care to revisit this post mr Zitt ?

#2459 11 months ago

They are aluminium, don't know if they hold paint after etching, but they can be anodised any colour you want and there are people here who have had them done in custom colours at their local shop.

#2462 11 months ago

Same with mine, i only put them in machines that i'm keeping, and usually ones i pimp like Deadpool.

They will be going in AFM next order too as there is no way i'll let that go till the end.

1 week later
    #2473 10 months ago

That's a pretty specific request

1 week later
    #2481 10 months ago

Nothing on my Tron or TWD.

#2485 10 months ago

Weird, mine plays great.

twd4 (resized).jpgtwd4 (resized).jpg

#2491 10 months ago

Ace John, congrats.

A year...jeez.

1 month later
    #2520 9 months ago
    Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

So question for those who follow this thread, who's in on Venom ?

Stern hasn't made a game i want since Deadpool.

3 weeks later
    #2544 8 months ago
    Quoted from PiNiK:

Hi all
    I am new to owning pins, but have played many over the years. With regards to upgrading the flippers, while I see the advantages for home use, It raises a question for me. How much does this upgrade then take away from playing a standard pin without the flipper upgrade?

It's early in the morning here, but i'll be stuffed if i can understand your question.

Are you asking how much worse it makes a machine to improve it? It takes something away by making it better?

And you can only see advantages to making a machine better if the machine is in a house rather than a business?

Maybe it's just that English is your second language or something, but i can't comprehend your question.

#2546 8 months ago

Well interpreted, i don't know if it's correct or not, but it still doesn't make sense to a country boy like me.

I have some games where i customize them and some that i don't at home, out of 25+ games, maybe eight of them have precisions.

It makes much more difference to the way a game shoots if you raise or droop standard flippers a tiny bit than it does to put different bats on at the same angle.
    Drooped you can shoot the bottom third of the playfield easier, raised the ramps and orbits.

285 posts in this topic match your search for posts by punkin. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.