20240409_134125 (resized).jpg
Drop Damage (not mine) (resized).jpg
PF Damage (not mine) (resized).jpg
IMG_1623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1626 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2914 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 142.
#1301 1 year ago

Hopefully CGC can ship these in the fall, some CCr LE buyers still waiting after a year and a half to get their game. They need to clarify if the topper will be available to SE buyers like they did with CCr.

#1302 1 year ago

Can anyone tell if the spinners are optical?

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Hopefully CGC can ship these in the fall, some CCr LE buyers still waiting after a year and a half to get their game. They need to clarify if the topper will be available to SE buyers like they did with CCr.

For me personally I hope mine doesn't ship for a yearish so I can catch up on some debt first. Lol

#1304 1 year ago

While it is interesting that this retro style seems to be capturing peoples fancy, I will say without the Pulp Fiction theme, I would give few shits. I am seriously considering selling a few games to fund this one. While I think it is a bit overpriced, most everything in pinball (and the world) is these days.

401K's are overrated anyway.

#1305 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Can anyone tell if the spinners are optical?

They don't appear to be, unless they've figured out a way to put all the optical guts and wiring underneath the plastic or playfield.

If they were optical it would be advertised as well.

#1306 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pinballs.com Call : 203-877-0348
Could still have a few LE's Ask for Becky and tell her Frank D. 911 sent you.
Good luck.

Just put my deposit down! Thanks for the tip!!

#1307 1 year ago

This game looks so good. Glad I held off on the bond 60th and got this

#1308 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They don't appear to be, unless they've figured out a way to put all the optical guts and wiring underneath the plastic or playfield.
If they were optical it would be advertised as well.

Per Josh it’s a new type. Not quite as juicy as opto spinners, but plenty juicy.

#1309 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Per Josh it’s a new type. Not quite as juicy as opto spinners, but plenty juicy.

I wonder if the switch is under the playfield or adjacent to the spinner under the plastic.

#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder if the switch is under the playfield or adjacent to the spinner under the plastic.

Said it uses Hall effects? I have no idea what that means, I just acted like I did when he told me. Haha

#1311 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Josh’s comments on how code has gone overboard with multipliers and other nonsense also resonated yet he still wanted it to be complex and the icing on the cake was that it took him a year or so to get to the wizard mode

This was a huge selling point for me as well.

I'd also like to thank Josh for releasing a PDF of the rules at the time of the game announcement. That's a new trend that hopefully takes hold at other manufactures. Because a quick readthrough of the rules clearly shows you that there is a lot going on with this game. And that's what appeals to me personally.......Straight forward tasks that are easy for the player to grasp, yet still difficult to achieve!

Like collecting a super jackpot during a multiball, super payoffs, hurry-up bonus shots, maxing your various multipliers (there are lots of them here, especially the cool 6X Big Kahuna Bonus), drive fast orbit bonuses, collecting characters (like in Taxi & Diner....other Mark Ritchie games), various scene objectives, and multiple wizard modes. All on a "street level" game with no TV screens or ramps Thank you for making a modern throwback game like this!

It's clear that one of the world top players designed this ruleset, which has still has modes & explores the film's story, yet at the end of the day is still ultimately focused on collecting POINTS, which is the way pinball always should be Great job Josh! You've got me excited. I'm just wondering if you guys should have used 8 digit alphanumeric displays with all these ways to score!

#1312 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

$1k more than a Stern pro? YES!!

It’s nuts how people think tho? $13k for a Bond LE (no topper) or $9500 for Pulp LE?

Totally agree. CGC's quality is SO much better then Stern and worth this price point.

#1313 1 year ago
Quoted from Beau2105:

Just put my deposit down! Thanks for the tip!!

Congratulations!

#1314 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This was a huge selling point for me as well.
I'd also like to thank Josh for releasing a PDF of the rules at the time of the game announcement. That's a new trend that hopefully takes hold at other manufactures. Because a quick readthrough of the rules clearly shows you that there is a lot going on with this game. And that's what appeals to me personally.......Straight forward tasks that are easy for the player to grasp, yet still difficult to achieve!
Like collecting a super jackpot during a multiball, super payoffs, hurry-up bonus shots, maxing your various multipliers (there are lots of them here, especially the cool 6X Big Kahuna Bonus), drive fast orbit bonuses, collecting characters (like in Taxi & Diner....other Mark Ritchie games), various scene objectives, and multiple wizard modes. All on a "street level" game with no TV screens or ramps Thank you for making a modern throwback game like this!
It's clear that one of the world top players designed this ruleset, which has still has modes & explores the film's story, yet at the end of the day is still ultimately focused on collecting POINTS, which is the way pinball always should be Great job Josh! You've got me excited. I'm just wondering if you guys should have used 8 digit alphanumeric displays with all these ways to score!

The rules pdf was a very nice touch

#1315 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Said it uses Hall effects? I have no idea what that means, I just acted like I did when he told me. Haha

Interesting. Spinal Tap uses hall effect spinners

Basically it’s spinning a rod with small ferric metals that activate switches sensitive to that magnetic-field change. The principle on how it works is similar to how Eddy and similar switches work in pinball

#1316 1 year ago

Any pics of inside backbox or under the playfield yet?

#1317 1 year ago

As usual the game is announced in the middle of the night over here and then it's off to work in the morning .
After watching the STDM featurette , the game looks fucking amazing !
You can tell a lot of love has gone into this game .
I can't buy one , because I'm banned for life from the distributor here
So I will stick with my GF CE which I also think will be great .
Congrats on anyone getting this , I think you will love it .

#1318 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

This game looks so good. Glad I held off on the bond 60th and got this

Catching up on posts .
It sure does make Bond 60th look like a piece of crap . That might be a bit harsh but you can just tell how much love was put into PF and none was given to Bond .

#1319 1 year ago

To me, this looks a lot better than GF. I like the old school look, but might have been nice to add a small lcd screen on the playfield, maybe on the backboard, integrating video clips. I'd love to own one, particularly an LE given how good the topper looks (and I'm not much into toppers), but I will wait until these are actually in production to buy one as I don't like putting up a deposit for something that I won't get for 6-months to a year. Great job CGC!!

#1320 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

No timeline yet (that I'm aware of).

This is a question for Ryan White at CGC. I don't know this answer.

Another question for the CGC team. We're hopeful that the timeline they gave dealers will be a date they will hit. We plan on continuing our weekly production meetings with them to make sure things stay 'on schedule'. Everyone on the PM side and the CGC side doesn't want to see production on this thing slip.

Edit Oops I’m sure this would be a question for Ryan but I will ask it anyways

Question for Josh (not sure if you can answer it) Sorry to the rest of the thread for the OT.. Do you know if CGC is still planning on running MMr this year? I only ask because this game may alter some peoples plans for not only space but also funds and it would be good to know if they need to make arrangements for an incoming MMr that CGC said they were going to run in 2023. Again I’m guessing that Ryan would have to answer this question so if you happen to run into him maybe you could mention to him that the question was asked here... thanks!

#1321 1 year ago

You see this watch?⌚️

#1322 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Totally agree. CGC's quality is SO much better then Stern and worth this price point.

Agreed!

#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

To me, this looks a lot better than GF. I like the old school look, but might have been nice to add a small lcd screen on the playfield, maybe on the backboard, integrating video clips. I'd love to own one, particularly an LE given how good the topper looks (and I'm not much into toppers), but I will wait until these are actually in production to buy one as I don't like putting up a deposit for something that I won't get for 6-months to a year. Great job CGC!!

I have a Fathom Mermade and they have small LCDs in the apron that are good for instructions and menu interface. Does anyone know what the menu interface is on Pulp?

#1324 1 year ago

My one resounding question is: Where will Winston Wolf's best line in the entire movie be integrated?

"Well...let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet."

I still laugh every time I hear that line when him and Jimmy see the cleaned-up Nova for the first time.

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Josh are you still planning on running MMr this year? I only ask because this game may alter some peoples plans for not only space but also funds and it would be good to know if they need to make arrangements for an incoming MMr that you guys said your were going to run in 2023.

Does Josh work for CGC? Or does he work for Play Mechanix which is contracting out to CGC to produce this game? If the later he probably wouldn't have details on CGC's overall production plans.

#1326 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Does Josh work for CGC? Or does he work for Play Mechanix which is contracting out to CGC to produce this game? If the later he probably wouldn't have details on CGC's overall production plans.

edited my post

#1327 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

They did a masterful job replicating the look and feel of an 80s Bally solidstate, couldn't have asked for a better job.
However I don't see the value at the pricepoint they're asking. 1K more than Stern pro? Nope. Had they come in at 5499 I would've pulled the trigger, but I don't see the value here at their current price. I seem to be in the minority on that and its looking like it'll sell out anyway, though.

You've been at this awhile (like me.

From my perspective, pinball is all about finding those magic titles (where the license, team, game all come together). After I watched the SDTM PF featurette, I was sold (an A-team with great support from QT).

The most recent Stern offering I've played is Bond 60th (also a retro game), which makes this look value priced! I don't think comparing this with Stern Pro's makes a lot of sense. At the end of the day, the amazing games will stand out (and my gut says this is likely to be one of them).

#1328 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

As usual the game is announced in the middle of the night over here and then it's off to work in the morning .
After watching the STDM featurette , the game looks fucking amazing !
You can tell a lot of love has gone into this game .
I can't buy one , because I'm banned for life from the distributor here
So I will stick with my GF CE which I also think will be great .
Congrats on anyone getting this , I think you will love it .

What did you do to get banned from buying CGC haha

You can maybe order in the US and ship it to you.
Probably more expensive but not impossible.

The CGC games have a very modest price compared to JJP (5K difference).
I think it wouldve also sold at 12K/game. so paying a bit more on shipping keeps it in the same pricerange.

#1329 1 year ago

So cool that there is a polished "Rules Manual" available online...months before the game ships. This is also a throwback to a better time. So many wildly complex rule sets are released without any guide from the manufacturer.

#1330 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm just wondering if you guys should have used 8 digit alphanumeric displays with all these ways to score!

We debated this but the aesthetic of the display was far more important to the package.

We settled on handling the 10M rollover through the one's digit. It's what I call the "Boss Number" in house. If you see a score ending in something other than "0" while someone's playing . . . that player is goooooooood.

My best game ever so far is 32M, which is displayed as "2,000,003". It flows to the high score table properly via this method.

It's not the sexiest way to display it, but the best solution we could come up with that didn't impact the overall vibe of the presentation of the game.

#1331 1 year ago

You look like a couple of dorks.

#1332 1 year ago

It’s a special game, no doubt. The CGC team basically said, we can do a game better than Bond 60th, with top people involved, at 1/2 the price. It may not be genius because it’s still expensive and because the the bar was so low with that slap in the face release from Stern, the complete wrong direction, so I respect CGC enough to pull the tigger on this, I want to support this and I’m excited for pinball because it’s different enough but not risky being Pulp Fiction and it’s easy to see the work that went into this making it a complete game all around with sculpts, mirror blades, modes, etc. It feels like I’m buying a brand new Bally solid state with everything available from today. I don’t need another spike 2 game at the moment. The game so far looks great and excited to play it! No worry about the code here.

#1333 1 year ago

I bet this sells out before GF

#1334 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Said it uses Hall effects? I have no idea what that means,

A Hall effect sensor is a transducer that varies its output voltage in response to changes in magnetic field. In some ways, Hall effect sensors can ultimately perform a similar function as a reed switch, but with no moving parts. Think of it as a solid-state component, good for digital applications.

LTG : )

#1335 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

We debated this but the aesthetic of the display was far more important to the package.
We settled on handling the 10M rollover through the one's digit. It's what I call the "Boss Number" in house. If you see a score ending in something other than "0" while someone's playing . . . that player is goooooooood.
My best game ever so far is 32M, which is displayed as "2,000,003". It flows to the high score table properly via this method.
It's not the sexiest way to display it, but the best solution we could come up with that didn't impact the overall vibe of the presentation of the game.

Does the match still work for us lucky cheap bastards?

#1336 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I share in your level of amazement and lost more bets than I care to admit yesterday.

I guess next time you'll just have to be less of a Bad Motherfucker.

Quoted from Taygeta:

They did a masterful job replicating the look and feel of an 80s Bally solidstate, couldn't have asked for a better job.
However I don't see the value at the pricepoint they're asking. 1K more than Stern pro? Nope. Had they come in at 5499 I would've pulled the trigger, but I don't see the value here at their current price. I seem to be in the minority on that and its looking like it'll sell out anyway, though.

That was my initial thought...but after seeing what's in the game, I can see why it's priced how it is. Plus, it's just another example of how a great theme done well has immense value. After seeing the reveal, my skepticism melted away...and it just came down to this: I would love a Pulp Fiction pinball. This is the only one that's going to exist, and it looks pretty damn awesome. Do I cry about the price and regret not owning it? Or do I just bite? I BIT.

#1337 1 year ago

Just remember to all those putting deposits down, dealers are prohibited from taking full payment more than two weeks before shipment per CGC.

#1338 1 year ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

My one resounding question is: Where will Winston Wolf's best line in the entire movie be integrated?
I still laugh every I hear that line when him and Jimmy see the cleaned-up Nova for the first time.

I often think about this line myself.

#1339 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

I bet this sells out before GF

Only the LE can sell out technically, correct? The SE will continue to be available until CGC takes it off the line?

#1340 1 year ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I still laugh every I hear that line when him and Jimmy see the cleaned-up Nova for the first time.

Pretty please…. With sugar on top

#1341 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Any custom/newly recorded call-outs from the cast or others?

It would have to be politically correct now.

"Did you see a sign that said dead African American storage on my lawn ?"

"I'm going to get a couple of hard pipe hittin African Americans to go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch."

"You hear me talkin bumpkin, I'm going to get archaic on your behind"

LTG : )

#1342 1 year ago

Super pumped for this game. Got this a while back in preparation. Think it will do very well in our bar.

A82EEED6-C5F4-42CA-8536-8FF9F2585FB1 (resized).jpegA82EEED6-C5F4-42CA-8536-8FF9F2585FB1 (resized).jpeg
#1343 1 year ago

Missed opportunity to have the plunger be the hypodermic needle.. Calling all modders!

#1344 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

What did you do to get banned from buying CGC haha
You can maybe order in the US and ship it to you.
Probably more expensive but not impossible.
The CGC games have a very modest price compared to JJP (5K difference).
I think it wouldve also sold at 12K/game. so paying a bit more on shipping keeps it in the same pricerange.

I got banned for giving the distributor a 1 Star review after he attacked on pinside for saying JJP POTC had alot of mechanical issues .
If I really wanted , I could get a mate to buy for me , but my money has gone .
I had a first day $1,500 deposit on POTC CE .
When I gave him my deposit , I said what if something happens and I can't go through with it . He said " put it this way , I've never kept it anyone's deposit "
After waiting around 16 months and seeing all the issues and the lack of assets , I decided to pull the pin .
He said he would find another home for it .
After months of us trying to sell it , he eventually found another buyer and pretended as we had never talked .
I had no problem with him keeping my deposit and I explained how I felt bad for putting him in in that position .
I never said anything .
But when he had a go at me on pinside , I thought fuck you and gave him a one Star review ( which I later removed )
I had spent about 30 k with him in 2 years and had brought stuff off him for around 10 to 12 years .
I have since found out , a lot of other people over here won't deal with him at all .
Now I feel bad CGC and the other companies will lose a lot of sales because he is the distributor .
My new JJP distributor is as good as it gets .
Sorry for the long post and going off-topic .

#1345 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Missed opportunity to have the plunger be the hypodermic needle.. Calling all modders!

Or a ball gag!

#1346 1 year ago

A Royale with cheese.

#1347 1 year ago

Just got an LE from Pinballs.com

She said there are only a couple games left.

9500 shipped.

$500 deposit.

#1348 1 year ago

Am I the only one questioning why the sculpt is called "Royale with Cheese?"

Yes, of course there's two scenes where they mention Royale with Cheese. But that is specifically described as a burger in Paris. Does this movie take place in Paris? No.

The sculpt has a bite taken out of it. Does that resemble anything from the movie? Yes, it does: the Big Kahuna Burger being eaten in the scene where Vincent and Jules recover the briefcase. They walk in and the Big Kahuna burger already has a bite taken out of it before Jules eats the remainder.

So, again, why is it a "royale with cheese" sculpt and not a "big kahuna burger" sculpt?

#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

Am I the only one questioning why the sculpt is called "Royale with Cheese?"
Yes, of course there's two scenes where they mention Royale with Cheese. But that is specifically described as a burger in Paris. Does this movie take place in Paris? No.
The sculpt has a bite taken out of it. Does that resemble anything from the movie? Yes, it does: the Big Kahuna Burger being eaten in the scene where Vincent and Jules recover the briefcase. They walk in and the Big Kahuna burger already has a bite taken out of it before Jules eats the remainder.
So, again, why is it a "royale with cheese" sculpt and not a "big kahuna burger" sculpt?

Maybe because there’s a Big Kahuna Bonus. This way they don’t have to have 2 Big Kahuna areas/shots?

#1350 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you want an NIB option for under $6k, your only option, now and forever, is a Stern Home Pin; you know, the games with a plastic lockdown bar. People need to accept this, finally.

You could get a IMDN pro under 6K NIB four years ago, I don’t believe it’s impossible for a company to build a game as simple as Pulp Fiction or Bond 60th for roughly the same today, even with supposed part shortages, and turn a profit.

However I understand because of the influx of noobs in 2020/2021 that the majority of buyers just accept the insane current prices and pay whatever companies are asking. Hence why prices continue to rise and games are selling out; which is why companies continue to raise prices.

I hope everyone that invest in Pulp Fiction enjoys their purchase and I do look forward to playing it on location and at friends houses. I just don’t see 7K of value of what’s being offered, even being a massive fan of the theme and company making it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.