IMG_3641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8236.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 143.
#5451 4 months ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

You have a Pulp Fiction listed in your collection it looks like lol. I guess you can answer your own question! Let us know when you figure it out!
I’m rewarding them because Mark Ritchie designed the game, Josh Sharpe did the rules, David Thiel did the sound, and CGC builds amazing quality games, to name a few things. Ohh also it’s Pulp Fiction.
Richard

Yeah, I ordered one, but i'm still new to pin ownership and was not aware of the delays that can stretch into multiple years. Imagine if Tesla announced a groundbreaking truck only to have it be literal years before they release the damn thing! Oh, wait......never mind.... LOL

Seriously though. I have no idea if BoF will make a quality machine, but they at least deserve major props for being on the ball with their release schedule. We need to find a way to encourage the rest of the industry to follow suit.

#5452 4 months ago

I’m rewarding them because Mark Ritchie designed the game, Josh Sharpe did the rules, David Thiel did the sound, and CGC builds amazing quality games, to name a few things. Ohh also it’s Pulp Fiction.

And a Butch Peel manual.

LTG : )

#5453 4 months ago

I’m good for now enjoying my Alien RV. Ordered two weeks ago and received yesterday. From Italy! Gonna need to sell something to fit PF now. Take your time CGC!

#5454 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

And a Butch Peel manual.

IMG_1193 (resized).jpegIMG_1193 (resized).jpeg
#5455 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I’m good for now enjoying my Alien RV. Ordered two weeks ago and received yesterday. From Italy! Gonna need to sell something to fit PF now. Take your time CGC!

True story…

Friend in our local league had an Alien LV for sale about six months ago. Few people in the group wanted it but I was the only one willing to pony up the cash. Another guy from our group said not to worry, he’d buy Alien from me once I needed to pay my balance for Pulp Fiction.

So then what happened???

I sold Jurassic Park because Alien is an amazing game that I decided was never leaving. Six months later and Alien is still far and away my favorite game in my collection.

For me personally, one of the best parts of Alien is the sound. And that’s why I’m super pumped for Pulp Fiction and more David Thiel in my life.

Enjoy Alien, it f-ing rocks!

#5456 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

And a Butch Peel manual.

Right! And Lloyd on support!

#5457 4 months ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Meanwhile, Barrels of Fun, a company that has never built a pin before, announces their new machine and has dozens of them ready to ship the same day. 2 months later people have them in their homes and are enjoying them as we speak.
Tell me again why we are rewarding this shity company again?

Buy a Barrels of fun game and report back if you like it or not. Let's see how long you have to wait for it.
I am sure you can get your PF deposit back. If you think CGC are shitty, vote with your wallet.
We have 3 of their remakes and are happy to wait.

#5458 4 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

True story…
Friend in our local league had an Alien LV for sale about six months ago. Few people in the group wanted it but I was the only one willing to pony up the cash. Another guy from our group said not to worry, he’d buy Alien from me once I needed to pay my balance for Pulp Fiction.
So then what happened???
I sold Jurassic Park because Alien is an amazing game that I decided was never leaving. Six months later and Alien is still far and away my favorite game in my collection.
For me personally, one of the best parts of Alien is the sound. And that’s why I’m super pumped for Pulp Fiction and more David Thiel in my life.

Didn’t know where this story was going at first, but I love how it ended! The sound is one of the reasons that made me feel like I had to have one at home. Planning to add a sub soon.

The sound and what Thiel has done with it on PF was also a selling point. Amongst many other things about it. From what little I’ve heard, which has all been in loud environments, i think we’ll be just as pleased as we are with Alien, but for different reasons.

#5459 4 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Look you don’t have to tell me about how awesome of a job David Thiel did on Alien…..

IMG_0518.gifIMG_0518.gif

#5460 4 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

True story…
So then what happened???

I so wanted an Alien but just cannot get my ocd head around the playfield art. Biggest let down for me, a 5 year old could have done a better job, bit harsh I know….
Was good to see PB do the RV with better cab art though.

#5461 4 months ago

Well played.

#5462 3 months ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Meanwhile, Barrels of Fun, a company that has never built a pin before, announces their new machine and has dozens of them ready to ship the same day. 2 months later people have them in their homes and are enjoying them as we speak.

I have about 1-1.5 hours on each game. Pulp Fiction is a much better game in my opinion. Labyrinth is fun, but it ain't PF. LOL.

#5463 3 months ago

Not sure how the two could even be compared outside of them both having flippers haha. I have both on order and I’m pumped to be getting two wildly different pins.

Quoted from Looprunner:

I have about 1-1.5 hours on each game. Pulp Fiction is a much better game in my opinion. Labyrinth is fun, but it ain't PF. LOL.

#5464 3 months ago

(nevermind)

#5465 3 months ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

That's an interesting take. Is your opinion based on theme or style of game (PF being throwback to early SS and Labyrinth being kind of 90's with modern touches?

#5466 3 months ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I normally like to lay low on speculation but I can tell you that I was fortunate enough to play this game back in October with Mark.(by the way, Mark, if you’re reading this, I did put a brass door on my Indiana Jones, you suck that was a lot of money, but you were right it was worth it.) thank you my good friend Butch Peel. It was an awesome day. The game plays fantastic. The callouts are great. Yes, it’s single level. Yes it’s old-school but that’s what Mark was going for and he nailed it. I ordered an LE. yeah hanging with David. Thiel was cool as shit also just saying.
[quoted image]

Skypilot
Have you heard anything about games shipping soon?

#5467 3 months ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

IMG_20231229_140302.gifIMG_20231229_140302.gif
#5468 3 months ago

I’ve heard from a good source , PF’s haven’t even come off the line for operators. CGC intended to send first wave to operators to test them out , report bugs etc… Take this for what’s it worth.

#5469 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's an interesting take. Is your opinion based on theme or style of game (PF being throwback to early SS and Labyrinth being kind of 90's with modern touches?

I was half joking just to be funny. I enjoyed both games. But to be honest, I did keep going back to PF, a lot. I liked it so much I ordered one. I thought the shots felt really good and enjoyed the layout. The Labyrinth I played was very floaty for some reason. And every shot to the horseshoe went straight down the middle no matter how hard the slap save! Otherwise, it was a pretty cool game. I just walked away from Pulp Fiction needing to own one. LOL. I loved that throwback look of PF with a modern feel.

#5470 3 months ago

Can we get a first quarter 2024 release?
Patiently awaiting

#5471 3 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Can we get a first quarter 2024 release?
Patiently awaiting

Can we get a 2024 release?

#5472 3 months ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Barrels of Fun had one game to make, they essentially timed it to be ready to go. Let's see how they handle their next games when they have preorder overlaps before we treat them as new kings of releasing. We also have to see how long folks wait for their machines, yea they had some ready to go, good for the early adopters, how about the other preorders?

CGC stated up front PF wasn't gonna ship right away and it was a ways off, so whose fault is it if you gave them money knowing this in advance?

#5473 3 months ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

CGC intended to send first wave to operators to test them out , report bugs etc… Take this for what’s it worth.

I don't take it to be worth much. CGC has been testing the game it seems like for a couple of years now. They have had them at developers homes, at trade shows, at specific arcades but they still need more testing? I think they test airplanes off the line in less time.

#5474 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

CGC stated up front PF wasn't gonna ship right away and it was a ways off, so whose fault is it if you gave them money knowing this in advance?

I agree due to the CGC track record most people were taking the over (me being one of them) and didn't believe what CGC/Distributor's were saying on delivery date but I do believe some people believed them and can you blame them if they didn't know CGC history? I am not sure I would say it is buyer's fault.

I checked the site where I bought my PF and this is what it said "Game production witll Start in Q3 2023". So they did give a date.

#5475 3 months ago

Sell your deposit.

Or wait.

Those are the choices.

#5476 3 months ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I agree due to the CGC track record most people were taking the over (me being one of them) and didn't believe what CGC/Distributor's were saying on delivery date but I do believe some people believed them and can you blame them if they didn't know CGC history? I am not sure I would say it is buyer's fault.
I checked the site where I bought my PF and this is what it said "Game production witll Start in Q3 2023". So they did give a date.

During pre sales CGC always gives a date. Once sales commence and the distribution network sells out of their LE allotment CGC then goes silent the balance of the build. The reality is u will get the game sometime in the next 2-3 years with approximately 1-2 week lead time on when your game will ship. It's just how CGC chooses to do business. It's really painful for those who like a "real" estimate so they can plan accordingly.

#5477 3 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The reality is u will get the game sometime in the next 2-3 years with approximately 1-2 week lead time on when your game will ship. It's just how CGC chooses to do business.

This. If you put down a non-refundable deposit on a CGC game you better strap in for a long wait with no official updates. The pay off is that that the finished product is top notch. But again, if you're the kind of person that needs instant gratification or constant updates on build timelines look elsewhere, fill your open spot with something else and pick one up down the road (SEs will likely be available in stock once things are flowing... whenever that might be). It's just the reality with CGC.

#5478 3 months ago

Just to let everyone know, I knew the wait when I bought it. My gameroom is full so it is ok as I don't feel like selling something right now but also I don't need to defend them at every moments notice. The game will be great but doesn't mean we still cant make them accountable. Maybe it is just moving into 2024 it is getting a little tiring hearing people tell other people it is their mistake and give CGC no accountability.

#5479 3 months ago

I'm still new to this but wasn't the long delay for catus cannon blamed on parts that they had a hard time getting due to the pandemic? Was their other remakes as painfully slow?

#5480 3 months ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Just to let everyone know, I knew the wait when I bought it. My gameroom is full so it is ok as I don't feel like selling something right now but also I don't need to defend them at every moments notice. The game will be great but doesn't mean we still cant make them accountable. Maybe it is just moving into 2024 it is getting a little tiring hearing people tell other people it is their mistake and give CGC no accountability.

So how are you going with the 'make them accountable' plan?

Is there more to the plan than just bitchin' in here where everyone already knows the score?

How will you know when you've made them accountable? Are there key success points in the plan?

There is a difference between accepting what is real and defending people mate.

#5481 3 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

So how are you going with the 'make them accountable' plan?

Don't know really but I don't mind if someone says something and speaks their mind - I just say good for them and don't criticize them or recite to them what they all ready know. Someone asking when they will get their game knowing they won't get an answer doesn't bother me like it bothers you. I can also say good for you that you accepted the wait but I don't need to tell you that every time you respond to someone. I will just tell you this one time and we are good.

CGC can have great customer service, I actually had Ryan White personally called me several times when I had an issue with my MM and said he would make it right. I liked him. I spoke up and he responded, so don't think you have to roll over all the time and not speak your mind. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

#5482 3 months ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Don't know really but I don't mind if someone says something and speaks their mind - I just say good for them and don't criticize them or recite to them what they all ready know. Someone asking when they will get their game knowing they won't get an answer doesn't bother me like it bothers you. I can also say good for you that you accepted the wait but I don't need to tell you that every time you respond to someone. I will just tell you this one time and we are good.
CGC can have great customer service, I actually had Ryan White personally called me several times when I had an issue with my MM and said he would make it right. I liked him. I spoke up and he responded, so don't think you have to roll over all the time and not speak your mind. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

Sorry mate, this seems like garbled code to me. I don't get the logic.

I can see your thoughts, but they don't make sense.

I can't see how bitching about something you knew when you went in is holding anyone accountable or speaking your mind. Just seems like whinging.

#5483 3 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sorry mate, this seems like garbled code to me. I don't get the logic.
I can see your thoughts, but they don't make sense.
I can't see how bitching about something you knew when you went in is holding anyone accountable or speaking your mind. Just seems like whinging.

OK mate, no worries.

#5484 3 months ago

No amount of grease is going to budge this wheel. CGC can only produce one game at a time and they are not done with CCr. Is it ridiculous? Sure. Is it annoying? Yeah. Will we have to wait exactly as long as we have to wait with no recourse at all? Also yeah. Do I find it irritating that the distributor I ordered the game through stands firm on no reimbursement of deposit, no transfer of deposit. Yep. But…I want the game Sooo, patience really is the only option.

Quoted from marksf123:

#5485 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No amount of grease is going to budge this wheel. CGC can only produce one game at a time and they are not done with CCr. Is it ridiculous? Sure. Is it annoying? Yeah. Will we have to wait exactly as long as we have to wait with no recourse at all? Also yeah. Do I find it irritating that the distributor I ordered the game through stands firm on no reimbursement of deposit, no transfer of deposit. Yep. But…I want the game Sooo, patience really is the only option.

Find another distributor. The good ones will give you a refund

#5486 3 months ago

CGC delays = less money for them. I wonder how many orders will be dropped once the full reveal for Jaws is shown this Thursday.

#5487 3 months ago

CGC doesn't have your preorder money...the distros do. I don't think gnashing of teeth and self-righteously slamming away on the keyboard will speed up the process, but feel free to bug your distributor to bug CGC.

#5488 3 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

CGC delays = less money for them. I wonder how many orders will be dropped once the full reveal for Jaws is shown this Thursday.

I've already got Jaws.

shark1 (resized).jpgshark1 (resized).jpg

shark11 (resized).jpgshark11 (resized).jpg

#5489 3 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The struggle is real!

#5490 3 months ago

I've decided to just stick it out. My Dist only has $500 from me locked up. It's not the end of the world and I still want the game. I am searching for another game though. No interest in getting on another waiting list so I'll be buying used this time around, checking out what's out there as we speak. Fun times, huh?

#5491 3 months ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

I've decided to just stick it out. My Dist only has $500 from me locked up. It's not the end of the world and I still want the game. I am searching for another game though. No interest in getting on another waiting list so I'll be buying used this time around, checking out what's out there as we speak. Fun times, huh?

Nice! Good choice I think!!

Richard

#5492 3 months ago

Good call, PF and Alien Ripley are the best NIB purchases in the market right now

Quoted from Mleiter:

#5493 3 months ago

If that were the LE cabinet art screen printed on the side I’d be stoked.

Quoted from punkin:

I've already got Jaws.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#5494 3 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The good news is that we have a weekly meeting every Wednesday with CGC and every week we're absolutely seeing progress.

I often wonder how these weekly Wednesday PF meetings with CGC start and end.
IMG_7746.gifIMG_7746.gif

#5495 3 months ago

Cactus Canyons are hitting the UK. This picture was taken today. Hopefully that means pulp will start hitting the line soon
I got the pic from this video around 25 min mark

Img_2024_01_05_16_07_42 (resized).jpegImg_2024_01_05_16_07_42 (resized).jpeg
#5496 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

CGC doesn't have your preorder money...the distros do. I don't think gnashing of teeth and self-righteously slamming away on the keyboard will speed up the process, but feel free to bug your distributor to bug CGC.

This is NOT true at all. CGC DEMANDS the $1,000 deposit for the LE be sent to them. We tried to argue with CGC for months about the fact that we still hadn't received all of our Cactus Canyons, yet they were asking for more money from us. In the end we were told that we either submitted the deposits for Pulp (with no eta on the final CCr or Pulp), or our games would be surrendered and given to another distributor. This is not an attack against anyone, this is just to clear up the misinformation so that people in this thread know where their money is. Most distributors have a "non-refundable deposit" policy becuase they don't actually have your money and the manufacturer won't give the distributors their deposits back (ask anyone sitting on Toy Story 4, Ultraman, Legends of Valhalla, etc right now). This goes for Jeresy Jack, Spooky, American, and Barrels of Fun as well. We (KingPin Games) and most other distributors only require deposits if the manufacturer requires them from us.

We (the distributors) are just as frustrated with this process as you guys are. If you feel the need to call and vent your frustration about this situation then please do so. That is what we are here for. My customers have my number, but if you just need to get it off your chest and are not one my customers, then here is my number.

Christopher
KingPin Games
608-393-2299 cell

#5497 3 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

This is NOT true at all. CGC DEMANDS the $1,000 deposit for the LE be sent to them. We tried to argue with CGC for months about the fact that we still hadn't received all of our Cactus Canyons, yet they were asking for more money from us. In the end we were told that we either submitted the deposits for Pulp (with no eta on the final CCr or Pulp), or our games would be surrendered and given to another distributor. This is not an attack against anyone, this is just to clear up the misinformation so that people in this thread know where their money is. Most distributors have a "non-refundable deposit" policy becuase they don't actually have your money and the manufacturer won't give the distributors their deposits back (ask anyone sitting on Toy Story 4, Ultraman, Legends of Valhalla, etc right now). This goes for Jeresy Jack, Spooky, American, and Barrels of Fun as well. We (KingPin Games) and most other distributors only require deposits if the manufacturer requires them from us.
We (the distributors) are just as frustrated with this process as you guys are. If you feel the need to call and vent your frustration about this situation then please do so. That is what we are here for. My customers have my number, but if you just need to get it off your chest and are not one my customers, then here is my number.
Christopher
KingPin Games
608-393-2299 cell

Wow thanks for clearing that up. Makes CGC look worse than they already are at getting games out the door. Holding $1000 deposits for well over 2 years in borderline criminal That being said some distributors have no problem returning deposit money.

#5498 3 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow thanks for clearing that up. Makes CGC look worse than they already are at getting games out the door. Holding $1000 deposits for well over 2 years in borderline criminal That being said some distributors have no problem returning deposit money.

yeah, some of us do offer refunds / lateral movement toward orther games. It comes down to a case by case basis. If you have a "smaller" distributor, they might not have the funds to issue 20 refunds. Hell, even some of the larger ones are sitting on so much inventory that having cash in the bank to issue 100 refunds over the range of all the manufactures they support could be catastrophic to them.

#5499 3 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Unbelievable CCR, but at least I know better now. THANKS Kingpin for letting us know.

#5500 3 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Christopher
KingPin Games
608-393-2299 cell

While I don’t dispute what you’re saying, what I said is still true. I gave money to a distro, not CGC directly. My business is with the distro. As far as I’m concerned as a customer, the distro has my money.

The whole point of the distributor system is that buffer between end customer and manufacturer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
There are 7,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.