tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreamTR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,424 posts in this topic match your search for posts by DreamTR. You are on page 2 of 6.
#1260 11 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Crashdance,
I was the guy who added their new location. My bad. I used the info on their website, so I guess they have old info. Sucks to hear that they won't have as many pins as I had hoped. At least they'll have those 7. Better than nothing.

It doesn't make sense for me to bring all those pins up there for free play when we are limited to 40-45 machines in the entire place...plus the fact it is 100+ miles away, I would prefer my games to be closer to me. We are open to bringing more machines in if people show interest in the location, though. Rotating is in the works.

#1263 11 years ago

All the pins are in the new location as well as the Japanese cabinets. I have not seen the place yet but I am waiting on electricity and we can open as soon as that occurs...that is why there is the Tuesday target date.

#1265 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Pics when you visit? Can't wait to see the place. Is this a double-wide store?

It is a big place.

#1267 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Just what I thought! What consoles/TV setups will be there? Still have the big-screen?

Ones with video games attached to them.

Big screen was Jacob Ford's, not mine...

#1272 11 years ago

I used to have a Police Force...always liked that game...

#1280 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I found a 23 year old piece of rubber underneath a plastic that's buried under the outer ramp. Should've gotten a picture of it. I now have a new definition for old rubber. Oh, and those post rubbers were so dried up it felt like plastic. Tried to pull it off and it exploded across the playfield. The fun never stops...

I thought you said you found a 23 year old underneath a piece of rubber for a second.

Oh boy.

Fish Tales and Radical are now at the new place. Not sure if we are opening Tuesday still but electricity "should" be turned on Monday....There will be very few arcade stuff there but all the pinballs will be there and our game store stuff and Japanese machines.

#1282 11 years ago

no, the fish tales in antioch is mine...jay took his so it is different.

#1299 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So what's holding up the Antioch opening? When I read that I thought it said sometime next week...

No electricity. Completely out of our hands until they turn it on.

#1300 11 years ago

I don't have any pics of Huntsville myself unfortunately. Meeting on Saturday at new Game Galaxy depends on the electricity.

#1302 11 years ago

Hey guess what? No electricity yet!

#1304 11 years ago

No idea. I can't control it at all so my hands are tied. It's getting pretty ridiculous though.

#1307 11 years ago

Owner of building, then power company, power company has a work order. Honestly, nothing we can do until they get off their ass.

#1311 11 years ago

Crash: I am pretty sure Erik is just trollin' lol

#1320 11 years ago

Nope. I was told tomorrow.

I hope so, or else you guys won't be able to feed me quarters for X-Men Magneto LE that I am picking up tomorrow in Birmingham.

Enjoy =)

#1321 11 years ago

Oh, and I am getting a Diner but not sure when it will be be here....

#1331 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Hell. YES!!
Where did you manage to find one? Most people that have one never want to let it go.

These forums...I have to do some shopping out to it and has a couple of minor switch errors but the body looks great and so does the playfield....looks like it might be a great first time full on shop out for Brandon to try since it doesn't need a ton and he likes to LED everything these days.....the price was also right and the game has been creeping up as of late.

I will try as hard as I can to let people know if the electricity comes up, if I can't (because I will be out of state most of the day) I will text mystic and let him forward the message to you guys. It would be GREAT if we could open Saturday but that is going to be a big work in progress.....

#1334 11 years ago

No word on electricity yet and I am down here in birmingham..so tmrw may be a.wash

#1345 11 years ago

Electricity is a farce, they want a $1500 deposit and Freeland Chevy apparently didn't tell NES to turn on anything....so we may have to move down the strip mall to a place with electricity so NOT opening tomorrow, and hopefully by Friday but that's where we are at. EVen if we did get electricity the AC may be out so we are checking AC tomorrow...

#1348 11 years ago

Yep, not our fault, I have been ready to open for a week and a half....

#1352 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Wait, you're saying you would have to move to a different part of the strip mall just to get power? I don't understand. Will you still have 7,000 square feet?
I won't be able to come next Saturday, I wouldn't suggest making plans if the arcade won't be ready until Friday (especially if the store doesn't get power and working A/C). How does Saturday August 11 sound?

Well we found out we don't have to move but we still don't have AC or Electricity and I can't hire cleaning/get cable/etc.

I can put the signs up, that's about it. So TBA on opening still.

#1354 11 years ago

Lord of the Rings runs a lot of power with that ring alone, so I wouldn't be surprised.

#1355 11 years ago

We're throwing around an idea of $4 half hour/ $6 an hour / $10 all day for the pins and our normal

$4 an hour / $6 all day for the console section when we reopen Antioch, possibly removing quarters completely.

If we do that, X-Men LE would be 25 cents a play but you would still have to pay the admission.

If we don't do that, X-men is $1.00 a play and $2.50 for 3 games (that's default settings believe it or not)

It has been wildly successful in Huntsville thus far and we don't expect a lot of foot traffic in Antioch at first since this is the temporary spot opening first but I know you guys would be the ones going. I look at it this way, all those pins for $10? It takes away from the "replay" but since we only used Extra Balls for those anyway I don't think it matters much...

#1361 11 years ago

Crash: We don't have electricity yet. X-Men has been at my house this whole time until electricity comes on.

Nightcrawler popped up once and stayed on but he was fixed since then.

Pinballs and video games would be separate at the new temp location; meaning console and Japanese vs Pinball....

The new costs actually benefit me a lot more because that means the minimum a player spends will be $4 as opposed to .25 when they walk in.

#1364 11 years ago

Crash: Japanese games are going to be part of the console section. If you pay to play for XBOX and online gaming you can play Japanese games for free. Pinball is separate....this is probably all going to change when we have a much more permanent location.

Medieval Madness is coming tomorrow, which means Rob is going to "borrow" Twilight Zone out of my garage and as much as I DON'T want to bring it to Antioch, it's heading up there when we open.

#1366 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Medieval Madness is coming tomorrow, which means Rob is going to "borrow" Twilight Zone out of my garage and as much as I DON'T want to bring it to Antioch, it's heading up there when we open.

#1367 11 years ago

We have tons of space in the new place.

#1371 11 years ago

Crash: Medieval Madness is coming tomorrow, I even said it two lines above, lol....but you are right in referring to Williams' remark in regards to the game being at the arcade, it's not, it's coming in my house...but Twilight Zone will eventually go to the arcade....

jayhawkai: We're aware of that 4 player issue with the kids but it is what it is; no more quarters for us or bad mechs to deal with.

Also, the nickel structure won't work because it is a LOT to invest in time and more collections and changing out mechs, etc....wear and tear on the pins making a ton of money = no big deal, but the nickel idea is just a TON of work, believe me I know, I transferred everything to nickels once before back in the 90s at an arcade that ran on tokens.

On top of all that this location is temporary so it makes even less sense to go to a nickel based structure. That would work if we had parties, etc, but the hourly/all day based fees are highly profitable and require the least amount of work (sans making sure you have everything set to Free Play or Free Play buttons installed)

#1388 11 years ago

A few updates:

I physically went to NES today and deposited a check from Freeland Chevy. Carol was nice enough to help us get that expedited. Now I have no idea if the air will be ready but electricity is going to be turned on BY tomorrow and this is not hearsay, it's from NES direct when I went there and handed them the deposit check.

With that said, here is what is happening with costs:

Console/Japanese/arcade cabinet section:
$3 30 minutes
$4 1 hour
$6 all day

Pinball section
$4 30 minutes
$6 1 hour
$10 all day

If you want to play BOTH sections all day the total will be $12 all day. You can not mix and match unless you pay the all day fee but we have very few "video" on the arcade side until the games do better. IF they do we will move them on in one by one.

Games that will still run on quarters:
Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v 2012 (25 cents per play)
Tekken 6 (25 cents per play)
X-Men Magneto LE ($1.00 per play) ($2.50 for 3 plays)

We will probably have it set up where you can pay to play SFAE and Tekken and X-men without paying the all day fees. X-Men was very expensive and we are the only place that has it as far as I know in 5 surrounding states...

Now the games that will be running at the arcade for the pinball free play:
Dr. Who
Terminator 2 (Just shopped)
Earthshaker (Just shopped)
Fish Tales (not the same one as before, LEDs and plays better)
Rollergames (not the same one as before)
Whirlwind (coming soon after shopout)
Elvira and The Party Monsters (coming soon after shopout)
Dracula
Baywatch (we have the board for repair, just need to test the ohms for coils and VUK coil)
Sopranos
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Phantom of the Opera
Back to the Future
X-Files
Twilight Zone (coming in around August 17, I let Rob borrow it)
Radical (left flipper fixed courtesy of Erik)
White Water
Black KNight 2000
Guns N Roses
No Fear
Pinball Magic
Tron

We'll open as soon as we can, I'll keep everyone posted.

#1389 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

What happened to The Shadow coming to the arcade? I would prefer that one to TZ and it's certainly less valuable

It was before Hickory Hollow announced it was closing. It's definitely not coming now. Twilight Zone is, and X-Men is coming right after we open...

Medieval Madness is NOT coming, that is staying in my house and Lord of the Rings was relegated to the garage.

#1390 11 years ago

OH, and when I actually get "Diner" that will be in Antioch as well. I plan on bringing Police Force to Huntsville when I get that one next week....there will be 20 pins to start, and eventually 23 in Antioch.

#1392 11 years ago

Whirlwind (coming soon after shopout)
Elvira and the Party Monsters (coming soon after shopout)
Twilight Zone (coming in around August 17, I let Rob borrow it)

#1394 11 years ago

I think one of the guys does, I don't have much to do with the place other than going once a week fixing stuff with Rob and collecting money...we plan on having pinball tournaments there though.

#1396 11 years ago

X-Men plays fine, maybe 1 out of every 10 shots doesn't hit Wolvy....Nightcrawler popped up once, that's about it

#1408 11 years ago

A/C needs filters changed, that is supposedly happening Monday so one step at a time, but we have fans and it's not super hot in there thank goodness.

So here we go:

Game Galaxy Arcade in Antioch FINALLY reopening SUNDAY August 5 (Noon to 6pm)
5346 Hickory Hollow Parkway, Antioch, TN in the Hickory Hollow Shopping Center ACROSS the street from Freeland Chevrolet next to the Barber Shop.
FINALLY reopening! We have electricity and our pins are ready to go and our small Japanese arcade and console section ready as well! We are now doing a FREE PLAY only arcade and game store, $4 for 30 min, $6 for 1 hr, and $10 all day for the pinballs. $3 for 30 min, $5 for one hour, and $6 all day for the console/arcade section. Come join us at our GRAND OPENING!

Just as a note, X-Men is still in my garage and Twilight Zone won't be there for 2 weeks...X-Men will be there this week sometime, though.

#1418 11 years ago

Our hours are listed on the Facebook page, 12-6 Sunday, 12-7 Mon-Thurs, 12-9 Fri/Sat but may change if we have more people.

Fight Night and pinball night coming up on Tuesdays until about 11pm but we are still in planning stages on the pinball thing

#1428 11 years ago

Crash:

How many pins do you guys have?

What are all of the pins you have, working and not working?

#1429 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

I didn't get there until around 3:15, but I stayed until about 10 minutes until closing.
I really like the new pay setup.
And Jason, I didn't notice this until my very last game. The magnet on your Rollergames is very weak. It's working, but it just doesn't hang on to the ball.
And I don't know what your tech did, but he finally got all the upper playfield lights working on White Water after my ball drain issue. It looks 100 times better!
I enjoyed Bram Stoker's Dracula, seeing as how I've never played it before today. And I'm still super excited that Diner, Twilight Zone, and X-Men are coming soon.

White Water blew a fuse, that was the problem

#1430 11 years ago

And now I need a coil for WHite Water left flipper. Gotta love pins. lol

#1436 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Nothing's for sale but the pins we have, on route or not, are:
Addams Family (2x)
White Water
Cue Ball Wizard
Baywatch
Hook
Elvira
Police Force
Frankenstein
F-14 Tomcat (2x)
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park Lost World
Tales from the Crypt
Lethal Weapon 3
Dracula
Banzai Run
Wild Life
Baby Pac-Man
Fun fact: Our pin dolly is actually an old coffin rack.

Thanks, I knew you guys weren't selling anything, just good to know what else is local. I'm surprised in this market the owner of the company doesn't sell "some" pins...

#1444 11 years ago

As soon as the AC is turned on we're going to start our pinball leagues on Tuesday evenings...

Right now it's fan time and I get to go to Wal-Mart to get even more.

It looks like X-Men will be up at the location tomorrow before 8pm, $1.00 a play, $2.50 for 3 plays...no need to pay the fees for all day to play X-Men, the $10 free play is completely separate.

#1449 11 years ago

X-Men is now officially at Game Galaxy in Antioch.

Alas, Baywatch is getting sold, this board issue resurrected itself so the machine needs to be sold. A shame because this is one hell of a nice Baywatch.

White Water works again (thank you mystic!) and Earthshaker is still having flipper problems

#1452 11 years ago

Crash: the copter I just unplugged, but the game itself has some major switch matrix issue that caused the board to "smoke" and this is the second time it happened so for sale she goes

#1456 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I'm sorry Jason but if you or your employees couldn't take a few minutes to look over other areas of the game besides the boards then I'm shocked. The best procedure to any strange problem is to check the playfield wiring as it has the most moving parts, miles of wire, etc. But sorry it has to leave, probably just ate up all the proceeds that game made in repairs.

Rob looked it over beforehand and mystic was there as well and it was working for a minute and just blew again, it's something that I guess you would have to check each and every wire; it's not something that could have been found easily and I know for a fact Rob was checking the day before for a long time but he didn't find anything....

#1458 11 years ago

I don't know if I will be there or not. Will try to get it updated on Friday.

This is what is "out" right now:

Earthshaker (upper left flipper)
Tron (fuse/possible coil or bridge rectifier)
Pinball Magic (works but Rob wants it shopped)
Diner (will be there tomorrow but probably getting shopped first)
White Water (keeps flowing a fuse where the ball drains and won't eject)

Huntsville:
Freddy (won't start a game, only goes into test mode but you can't use flippers, get credits, wtf knows)
Addams Family (stuck left flipper halfway)
Bad Cats (weird screw blocking the ball near a pop bumper)
The Getaway (having the same problem as White Water, just not blowing fuses, hard to recognize ball)

All of this in one week. Wow.

#1460 11 years ago

I downloaded the update and have it on me so I'll install it when I have a chance...

IF ANYONE WANTS TO HELP FIX PINBALLS ON SATURDAY THERE WILL BE FREE X-MEN.

#1464 11 years ago

Crash: I'll see what I can do if I have to get Rob to leave something...tools and meter disappear all the time there

#1473 11 years ago

Crash: I'm not a pin tech either, lol...

But I actually WILL be there on Saturday, though tools I will talk to Rob about but yes, offer goes whoever helps and fixes cleans; etc gets free X-Men, saving that nasty $1 a play...

I will be there from 12-9pm and the AC WORKS, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Diner is there, have not turned on, and X-Men has the update. Holy crap that game plays correctly now..

#1474 11 years ago

Crash, White Water is return coil, from the drain it just stays there (keeps blowing that fuse but works for a sec)

#1476 11 years ago

Almost forgot:

GAME GALAXY PINBALL LEAGUE DATES:
TUESDAYS 7PM
August 14
August 21
August 28

$5 COVER, $5 ENTRY
3 WEEKS, TOP OVERALL PLAYERS RECEIVE:
60% entry fees-1st
25% entry fees-2nd
10% entry fees-3rd
5% entry fees-4th

3 different pinball games each week, Play 3 games on EACH pin, take BEST score on each and throw out the last two. Top players in each game each week will be given points for the league based on placement. Scoreboard will be kept up to date at event.

Games are announced on whiteboard at Game Galaxy and ARE AVAILABLE NOW!

I just forgot what I put each week =P Looking forward to seeing everyone Tuesdays!

#1480 11 years ago

diskoboy: In this day and age with the internet it's pretty hard to find people who won't look up X and Y to see how much something is worth even if it has been sitting in a corner for years and years...

#1489 11 years ago

Whitewater actually had that same problem again...Coil in test not working, that seems to be the issue, not the switch....so I ordered one of those.

Diskoboy (Mike) actually got Earthshaker 100% today, thank you for that!

Crashdance figured out the other problems beforehand fairly quickly, many thanks for that =)

I seriously need like a once a month session with guys coming out at this rate= P

Only things down now are Tron and White Water, both awaiting coils

#1490 11 years ago

Crash: The only non leveled games are Pinball Magic, Bone Busters, and Diner as far as I know, were there more?

#1494 11 years ago

That sleeve was supposed to be for White Water but it was just hanging around still. Explains why we lose things all the time, lol.

Crash, those joints feel solid on that coil for White Water, but I'm no expert...we'll see later this week...

Lots of action going on, I have a Guns N Roses pinball I am selling (the one from the arcade) and it looks like we're getting...(Ahem) Bugs Bunny of all things.

#1503 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Welcome to the jungle, we have carrots and rabbit holes. But seriously Jason, not bashing your choice it just seems that a lot of people still like Guns n Roses. X-files on the other hand doesn't seem to get much attention.

I am getting a second Guns N Roses, a slightly nicer one, that is why this one is up for sale, so if anyone wants it, now is the time; this goes in with why I am getting Bugs Bunny and a Street Fighter cabinet, it's part of the deal

#1516 11 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Jason are you open to trades on the Guns or are you looking for a cash sale?

Definitely open to trades on it, partial cash/trade, or trades in general, just let me know what you are thinking. I'll look at your list to be prepared

Crash: The gentleman's name is Paul, he is known on NintendoAge.com as PSerge and he is one of the moderators. They have a giant campout at his place for all the Nintendo guys once a year.

#1517 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Just a heads up, we have an old DCS sound board from Indiana Jones including ROMs we might CONSIDER selling. This is just talk until the boss gives the green light. If you're interested or know anyone who is send me a PM. We will try and test it in a non-DCS game as IJ was junked 10+ years ago an pd we don't have any DCS games left. Board looks clean. Also, in the event the boss wants to sell it, it might take several weeks to actually get it out the door.

That is actually a start; him selling anything....

#1518 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Oh, I get it. So the only games down are White Water and Tron? And do you plan on sprucing the place up a bit? Still see paper behind the windows, parts on the floor, boxes etc. How much storage space do you have in the back? I'm guessing not enough?

Yes, those are the only two down.

Tuesday the sign guy is coming in to blackout most of the windows except for a few so we don't have light shining in everywhere....we're still in the doing things as we go phase. We have a bunch of machines to bring in Tuesday as well (arcade); spacewise the back has another 3,500 sq feet but remember this is a temp location so we can't go crazy with it...

#1519 11 years ago

Richard, I can't see what you own anymore, your collection is set to private so just PM me

#1523 11 years ago

Mike: I've seen Fire range from $800-$1200 but with pins being weird these days I would expect it to be closer to 1400-1500 if you just have to have one.

#1528 11 years ago

Ryan, glad you liked the place! I think you will like the lineup more now though

Crash: I have one for you....

Freddy pinball. Voltage is at 5.0 on power board, game comes up. Can't put credits in, can't get into tournament mode for free play. I can go to test mode but i can't move around in there to check anything. Any idea if it is a fuse or something? Basically nothing works except Test button but the game worked fine until a month ago.

#1530 11 years ago

Ugh, well that's something to look at THursday...if we can't figure it out off to Chestnut's it goes

#1532 11 years ago

Thanks mystic, if Rob can't fix that then off to Chestnut it goes for 5 seconds of work I suppose lol

#1535 11 years ago

I'll be visiting Holiday Wash when Police Force is in...

Ryan: I own Game Galaxy, believe me, the pin selection is way better now, we have X-Men, Creature from the Black Lagoon and a slew of others

#1540 11 years ago

Special game in tonight, surprise for those of you that attend = )

#1553 11 years ago

Sorry guys, have some chaos to deal with at home, Huntsville, and arcade all at once so I'm going to be a bit slower with the results but I do know the following:

Jamie is in 1st and leads Mystic. David came in 3rd, Williams placed 4th, Rob placed 5th, Jessica is in 6th, and diskoboy and Paul are tied for 7th....

Monster Bash is staying for awhile; I have no room in my house for it but if it gets tore up like Theatre did, it's leaving....

I am effectively broke for awhile so someone REALLY NEEDS TO BUY THIS GUNS N ROSES FROM ME

TZ68: They sure did love South Park =) lol

Tron was a transistor, still busted....boy I hope when I get it it fixes it.....ordered some just now...

THanks to everyone who came out, tonight was a stressful blast!

#1555 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Have rob or Brandon look at the right pop bumper on tron before you replace that transistor for any loose or touching wires. Q10 controls the right pop.

Why does it sound like this game is going to not be fixed just by getting Q10 working? lol

#1557 11 years ago

Combination of Brandon and Mystic....it blows fuses as soon as you go into ANY coil test but the HV Bridge rectifier tests out fine.

#1562 11 years ago

Jamie has one of those he is trying to sell...Nicest Junkyard I have ever seen. Chromed out madness. Looks better than new.

#1571 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Any chance of getting ever Dr. Dude or Party Zone at some point? They both look like great games and I only got to suck at Dr. Dude for a few games. Now that we've got a community going here would you still think you would get burned by requests?

I like Party Zone, that I might be able to do one day. The community would have to come more than once a week =P In order to sustain the amounts of pins we have in there we need $500 a week off pinball ALONE. Last week it made $220.

#1572 11 years ago

Huntsville location:

Getaway back up and running and Freddy WORKS again. Thanks mystic for the gottlieb board stuff

It was a diode and then a fuse smoked up, replaced and it was fine again...

#1585 11 years ago

Crash: people will not be able to come on whatever day we hold it, there will always be a schedule conflict. This bout's pinball league is Tuesday, next month's will move but I guarantee you some people from Tuesday won't be able to come on the new day we have it.

Diskoboy: Cyclone is all yours, I think I am out of money for awhile....UNLESS SOMEONE GETS GUNS N ROSES HINT HINT

#1586 11 years ago

Oh and just so everyone knows, if Tron and Whitewater are NOT ready Tuesday the games will be Monster Bash and Twilight Zone instead.

#1598 11 years ago

Cmorgan: I have a really nice Bugs Bunny for sale that you know you want. LOL. $1400 please take it.

Diskoboy: I have no problem with you putting Cyclone at the arcade, I have room for lots of stuff.

Rocky and Bullwinkle has a few issues but not sure what. I was eyeing it for the Huntsville arcade but money = tough these days.

Oh, and Twilight Zone will be there tomorrow. I am putting it on quarters so it will be part of the 3 player "pay to play" row but obviously if anyone helps fix stuff free games are possible; I just can't risk the "all day" stuff on a game like Twilight Zone....

#1603 11 years ago

I'll be picking up Rocky and Bullwinkle Thursday, already have a deal with the guy. I am sure I can muster up $1000 by then but it is going to need some work I am sure.

CMorgan: I don't recommend buying a pin if you don't have someone to work on them or you know how to do them yourself, it's a money pit.

Also, the only reason I said $1400 is because you were talking about buying Pinbot for $1395. I can go lower on Bugs (even though I have heard it is terrible I have yet to play it even though I own it, lol), but not too much lower; the fact of the matter is you will have a hard time finding a good pinball System 11 or above for under $1000; especially all ready to go.

Jon's Space Shuttle for $795 is actually pretty decent but it's older than System 11.

#1611 11 years ago

Well after working out a deal with Rocky and Bullwinkle for Thursday the guy sold it today all of a sudden....guess that's that...

Thanks guys for coming in today!

So here is what we have left to be fixed:

Dr. Who (right flipper rebuild)
White Water (ball eject coil)
Tron (Q10 transistor + coil burned out, tested for Ohms and it is dead)

#1612 11 years ago

Oh yes and someone please buy Bugs and Guns = ) and Slugfest. LOL

#1614 11 years ago

Diskoboy: No idea on type of spring at all, I have some springs myself as well if you wanted to check

#1619 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Might as well rebuild both sides on Dr. Who to keep it consistent. Can't beat PBL's price.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=983

We're going to need more people to keep playing pinball at this rate with all of these parts, lol....

This week we did better than last week only because of that tournament yesterday.....without that I fear we will be closing 3 days a week for certain; I'm giving it one more week as it seems like the only days people are there are Fri/Sat/Sun and Tues...

#1623 11 years ago

Not sure, we haven't gotten our first bill yet but being closed 12 days out of the month will definitely help. One more week of this me thinks We'll see.

#1632 11 years ago

diskoboy: The reason we open Tuesday is for our fight nights...that has been going on for a year where everyone comes in and plays games from 7-11pm. It just made sense to have a pinball night that night as well since we will have business that day regardless.

Thursday is a VERY dead day for us for some reason....both days we've pulled in less than $30 for the day....

#1633 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

No I mean why did YOU need that last coil? Looks like you're holding out on us... You must be thinking of Earthshaker, the kickout coil on Tron was shorted I think.

Nope, that actually works fine. The coil that is bad is the pop bumper bottom one that blew Q10....I actually tested that coil myself but it was pretty obvious seeing how it looks smoked, lol..but Tron is still down until that stuff is replaced.

#1634 11 years ago

Erik: Chris sold your old Revenge from Mars for $2800 on eBay, ugh. I don't understand him and his pricing sometimes, he wants $4200 then sells for $2800 which is what he probably should have asked for in the first place, all from a trade for Addams Family?

One of these days I will start selling more stuff...ONE OF THESE DAYS

#1636 11 years ago

Matt just likes fixing connectors =P

#1641 11 years ago

Erik: He doesn't really do that, lol...

I mean like I said, I like Chris, I think he's a great guy but he's out to make a profit which is fine, but yes, I would have bought it for $2800 too, lol...I just know he's not real big about that type of stuff (reselling locally for lower prices)

#1645 11 years ago

crash: can you send some to me as well? [email protected]

#1652 11 years ago

Just giving you guys a heads up, no Rob today, so bring all your tools if you want to see stuff working tomorrow =P FREE GAMES ON XMEN MONSTER and TWILIGHT FOR THOSE WHO DO

#1665 11 years ago

Ok updates:

White Water Outhole Coil Replaced, still not working. Transistors and Diodes from pin 1 on J130 test fine so...uh...I need help.

Tron works, yay!

Monster Bash will be the replacement for White Water this evening.

Dr. Who needs a right flipper coil. I need coils if anyone wants to bring parts for me to purchase =P

#1666 11 years ago

WHite Water works now but we're still doing Monster Bash, Dr. who works now. everything works!

#1670 11 years ago

Wasn't the coil, we replaced that anyway....(White Water) but it looks like after checking everything on the board and putting it back in the cabinet the game is fine, but one of the fuses keeps blowing affecting the entire GI lamps on the playfield.....

#1671 11 years ago

Congrats to Jamie for winning this week again...

Right now Jamie is in the first and Aaron (Williams) and Rob (Ooze) are tied for 2nd both are 10 points behind.

#1676 11 years ago

3 games for sale now, Guns N Roses, Bugs Bunny, and MLB Slugfest (Williams has first rights refusal, waiting on him)

Going to have get Bugs on ebay soon me thinks

#1679 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Do we have a breakdown on all the machines we've played so far? I'm curious as to see the rankings on all the games.

Are you talking about the league? I'll have a final standings with the overall placers in each game after next week's league.

The new league is probably going to be on a Saturday evening...I'll figure out the games soon as well.

That Elvira looks WAYYYYYYYY nicer, holy wowowowo

#1686 11 years ago

crash: Some are direct feed some are camera shot but we'll be using converters that change HDMI to Component so we can split from some ASUS monitors.

Williams: I want to have the tourney when the "sun" is not out =P evenings just seem to work better.....

#1688 11 years ago

crash: Some are direct feed some are camera shot but we'll be using converters that change HDMI to Component so we can split from some ASUS monitors.

Williams: I want to have the tourney when the "sun" is not out =P evenings just seem to work better.....

#1691 11 years ago

Well the only thing still left at the arcade is the "screw" for Earthshaker whoever wants to tackle that....

#1693 11 years ago

Some of the neon is still there...some was taken..

we have old pics of the location on the website and a whole youtube walkthrough from awhile ago

#1700 11 years ago

New hours for Game Galaxy as of today:

Fri/sat Noon-8pm
Sunday/Monday Noon-6pm
Tuesday Noon-10pm
Wed/Thurs-CLOSED

Also, the NEW pinball league starts Sunday September 9 at 4pm. Richard will update Facebook and the website with the new games....

Let's see if the same guys come and some new faces now that we are changing it to Sunday...

#1702 11 years ago

I can't do them Saturdays because of tournaments and the auction so it's not possible; it basically has to be on a day I work.....we'll see how this one goes....

#1704 11 years ago

I thought there was an Attack from Mars in Crossville, but that's not Cookeville.

#1719 11 years ago

Elvira is back at Game Galaxy and oh is she pretty.

#1731 11 years ago

That Comet is from the laundromat in Smyrna and won't be going to Game Galaxy ever.

I am in the market for Cyclone, Comet, and Hurricane though at the arcade so if you guys see them...

#1733 11 years ago

Jon always wants more for his machines than they are worth; he's depending on the "first time buyer" to pick up his stuff, that is exactly who he caters to and unfortunately he is the ONLY game in town to go to unless I actively had all my pinballs for sale.

Well scratch that, Chris Royalty is trying to break in on the "LED" market to everyone.

#1736 11 years ago

At least you didn't find a nest of mice like we did in one of the pins we picked up awhile back (Last Action Hero)

#1751 11 years ago

mystic: those are correct

Crash: Richard does the website, I tell him to update it so if it's not updated, he is the one to go to....

Don't forget guys, we are CLOSED Weds/Thurs starting this week so don't show up randomly. =)

#1752 11 years ago

Final results:

1. Jamie
2. williams
3. Ooze
4. mystic
5. diskoboy
6. Jessica Rabbit
7. David
8. Paul

Congrats and stay tuned for the next one!

#1755 11 years ago

Diskoboy I know. I am not.paying 1700 for it. But take still into consideration gas and mileage vs something local....

#1760 11 years ago

I want cake.

Hurricane in arcade, will be up tomorrow barring craziness.

#1764 11 years ago
Quoted from MWC:

I finally checked out the new Game Galaxy location today and have to say I really enjoyed it. So many pins in there now I will probably be sore tomorrow lol. First things first though...Jason (and you probably know this already), Pinball Magic needs adjusting as the playfield is too slanted to the right. Second, Diner is FUN! Third, I have to say I enjoyed my two games on X-Men even if I sucked at it, and seriously...what is all the complaining about with this game? It was a good time for me. PS...as a Burger King enthusiast, it's great that there's one right next door now. Freestyle Coke anyone?
How is the Huntsville GG location doing by the way?

Pinball Magic needs a little more TLC than that, we have not messed with it yet. The playfield is "missing" the lockdown bar inside. LOL

There should not be complaining about X-Men, that game is great. People whined about Tron for awhile as well; look how that turned out.

#1766 11 years ago

MWC: Glad you like it =) Hope you can make it out to the pinball league on Sundays coming up starting on the 9th...

#1769 11 years ago

MWC: Believe me, sometimes pinball can be "random", it's based on scoring and not against anyone specifically and you have 3 shots on 3 different games, so it's completely worth it =) For some reason it seems like Jamie just got crazy scores during the tournament...I think he got his name up multiple times....talk about performing well under pressure

#1771 11 years ago

Once we get more than 8 people we'll think about it, lol

#1777 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

When did the lower right VUK start acting up on earthshaker?? Damn that machine.

It only happens when Mike plays it, lol

I told Richard to fix it and put a fuse in if it blew, did he not do that?

#1778 11 years ago

And yes, Game Galaxy is open Labor Day from 12-6pm

#1780 11 years ago

Mike. if i need to order any Hurricane stuff show me what on Marco now so i can get it the same time as the Earthshaker switch.

#1783 11 years ago

Mike, can you find exactly what I need to order for Twilight Zone from Marco so I can get the Earthshaker and Hurricane order added with them at once?

I am not sure if these are what you are referring to:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-6187-00

We will be LEDing Twilight Zone eventually.

First and foremost this week is dedicated to changing over one Guns N Roses and wrapping/getting the other one ready for Kingsport...

And if anyone knows anyone looking for a fully working MLB Slugfest I still have that here available

#1785 11 years ago

Ok, the order has been placed......

Mike CHestnut has the board for Whitewater and I also ordered a spare one (since NO Fear looks like it may have the same issue) in case of anything...

#1792 11 years ago

Hurricane plastic where the "dunk dummy" is has a huge crack in it and we reglued at one time (the ball got stuck when I played it)

Kingsport auction is in 5 days, hopefully we come back with something cool on the list we need.

In a month or two you guys might be able to play another crazy expensive game but it's going to be like $1.50 a play and only available on pinball tourney nights

#1795 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

For $1.50 the ball better levitate, create carbon copies of itself for multiball, and the machine better fix your dinner. Needless to say my money will go elsewhere.

I would GLADLY pay $1.50 a game if this game was on location somewhere. Then I would not have to buy it myself = )

#1804 11 years ago

I'll be at the arcade tomorrow for Fight Night, after that I won't be back until after the auction for Sunday's first pinball league....

#1809 11 years ago

Heh, Pinball Magic has "other" problems, that is why it is like that

#1810 11 years ago

Oh and White Water also blows one of the GI fuses

#1812 11 years ago

Crash, one of the mounting brackets is "missing", that is the problem but by all means, go nuts....

We should be getting an Indiana Jones Stern pinball by next week sometime....

#1820 11 years ago

I got the bulbs, I'll check on the rest of the stuff tomorrow if the baby isn't attacking me

#1826 11 years ago

And Bugs Bunny has left the building, YES!

#1828 11 years ago

Rob starts working on the 18th at Amazon, so that means I will start getting money for Radical and Bone Busters and get rid of those as well =) YES!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1831 11 years ago

Crash: No, they are my games, but he wants to buy them and I want them out.

#1836 11 years ago

No, Bone Busters needs to be peed on and taken out back and beaten.

Or at least go to Rob's brothel of fun...

#1839 11 years ago

Wow, I would actually OWN a Cirqus Voltaire again at a decent price if one came up just so you guys can play it..the other two can burn in the gates of hell!

#1848 11 years ago

I do want a Revenge from Mars but I've got an auction to go to Saturday, and I still owe $6000+ on another pin....

Rob may have an account but he's never posted on a message board in his life.

Safe Cracker is one I eventually do want; I played it a lot when I lived in Florida at a 24 hour arcade along with Tales from the Arabian Nights....other than Road Show, it's going to be slim pickins' sans the other few machines I want to get...

#1853 11 years ago

I won't be getting any EMs.....too much work with the SS games as it is

#1859 11 years ago

pre System 11 games gave me problems, the only ones I really sort of were interested in are High Speed, Pinbot, Cyclone, Comet, and that's about it

Our rent is getting increased on Tuesday; basically at least what we were going to pay in the storage which is not good, we barely broke even LAST month...

#1864 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Does Freeland rent the space? That's unbelievable... offer to rent space out to struggling tenants from the mall and then jack the price up. And Ben is trying to rebuild the Hickory Hollow retail scene? That's questionable. I would expect something like that from a car salesman.

Well "technically" the only place we signed is in the Best Buy, they just saw their rent check from last month and want it to be similar to Hickory Hollow and inside the Best Buy. The problem is the agreement was with electricity and electricity is separate in the proposal, which is the problem since our electricity bill was $560 last month....I'll find out more on Tuesday....I know that we are going to move everything out of the Best Buy, though, so it may be awhile before we even get in there...

#1866 11 years ago

no, Best Buy is supposed to be a Global Market, that is where we are supposed to be anyway....it just won't be ready anytime soon.

#1873 11 years ago

That Lethal Weapon is a fake ad Rob put up. I can tell because that was the Lethal Weapon that we ripped apart (literally) and monkey stomped. Everything else in that place we picked up in one bulk buy. Lucky Seven, Tron, etc. It was out in the middle of nowhere halfway to Dickson. I am the only person that would have caught that because I was there when he took those pics. LOL

#1876 11 years ago

We took the playfield and sold it and parts off it. And the display and boards. Display worked great, lol. Monkey stomped everything else.

#1880 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

We took the playfield and sold it and parts off it. And the display and boards. Display worked great, lol. Monkey stomped everything else.

Checkpoint was nasty too...I was lucky to sell that for $450.

#1887 11 years ago

They won't be leaving for awhile I am sure.

#1889 11 years ago

No, that is when Rob starts working.

#1891 11 years ago

Pork Chop:

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com has the latest list of stuff in Huntsville.

I won't be there in time Friday night. They are an hour ahead and I won't leave here until 4pm CST.

#1899 11 years ago

I'm sure the switch on Elvira will be fine= P If not, it's challenge mode!

fumbleflippers: I don't know what that WPPR is, if you want to inquire about it, by all means go ahead....I wouldn't really know what to do/how to start.

At the auction right now....some highlights just for Friday Night:

Simpsons Pinball Party
Black Hole
Police Force
Spider-Man
NBA Fastbreak x 2
Fish Tales
Rescue 911
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
X-Men LE Magneto

#1902 11 years ago

Uh....lol?

I am pretty certain I am not getting a Fastbreak, lol

#1905 11 years ago

I've never played NBA Fastbreak, so I have no room to talk honestly. =P

More crap showed up. Whirlwind, Revenge from Mars, Jokerz, Gold Wings, LOL, Dirty Harry, Monday Night Football, World Championship Soccer

#1909 11 years ago

Big zero on the pins. At least you guys get to play acdc tomorrow.

#1915 11 years ago

Crash lol...I think you are being paranoid...Nashville is fine after 5. Now after midnight...

#1920 11 years ago

Crash: Live in Smyrna or something, lol...

I think maybe you are confusing Antioch with Nashville, they are pretty different =)

Oh, if anyone has a shooter spring compatible with Addams Family, I would love to buy it from you if you can bring it tomorrow. We have a few pins we need to fix AGAIN in Huntsville:

Fun House (upper left flipper, now shooter cave area that goes to Right Flipper won't spit out but "tries"
Addams Family shooter tip or spring or something; the ball is stuck right above the plunger
Bride of Pinbot 3 balls stuck below her face

Freaking pinball.

#1922 11 years ago

Too many parts to order!

I do have parts that need to be organized tomorrow, I am bringing some drawers for everything FINALLY.

#1929 11 years ago

diskoboy: I won't be able to check on much stuff until Tuesday when I get over there, everything is a mystery so hopefully we can get "some" of it fixed...3 pins down out of 7 every two weeks = not fun.

#1930 11 years ago

Crash: they haven't worked in months. Fuses keeps blowing on Black Knight; it is not even on our radar. You guys are more than welcome to have at any of these games

#1933 11 years ago

Crash, the one that controls the pop bumpers, just that one....I just don't know the specific one right now...

Also, if anyone wants to come in EARLIER on Sundays to get their games out of the way if they can't stay late for the league, that is fine as well. Just throwing that out there.

#1936 11 years ago

It blows as soon as the game is turned on.

#1938 11 years ago

Richard does not have a new coil, or maybe he does...who knows.

Rob is in 1st place after Week One. Erik is in 2nd.

White Water works after blowing 3 more fuses but now it is fine.

Hurricane has some diode on one of the coil problems possibly; it resets when you press both flippers simultaneously.

#1939 11 years ago

I am probably going to throw one of the other games out of the lineup in the next couple of weeks in order for AC/DC to be a part of the tournaments.

We now have 4 games on pay to play:
Twilight Zone
X-Men
AC/DC
Monster Bash

When Indy Stern comes in that will be 50 cents per game.

#1945 11 years ago

I am sure we will have something there Tuesday with Brandon there

#1947 11 years ago

I won't be there tomorrow, Beat Em Up can call me if anything but Mike you can have at whatever, just make sure BEat Em Up calls me to confirm no payment on gaming that day if you decide you want to fix anything

#1949 11 years ago

Crash: It depends on what needs to be fixed at the time, but yes that is what I am saying.

#1951 11 years ago

Saturday we won't be doing any repair stuff, we have a big tournament that day

#1954 11 years ago

That Comet is looking nice =) I wish everyone here could visit the shady laundromat where it came from =P

#1964 11 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Hey Jason, if you want to omit mine and Kevin's scores for the the league standings that's cool with me. I didn't think about it messing with your numbers considering we won't be back each week. Also the tilt settings on Monster Bash made me cry. I think I tilted once by just pressing the flipper too hard. I looked over and the xmen was just short of being thrown in the air with nary a warning. Tilts hurt me on BTTF and Elvira as well.
Jay,(I think) if you want pics of that MNF just pm me and I'll get them to you. My buddy says $750.
Also to whomever said within earshot of Kevin that he "did pretty well for a black dude", Realy??? I don"t even know where to begin to explain.......

Hey Richard, it won't hurt the standings at all.

I'll check on the tilt stuff, Rob messes with those more than I do. Monster Bash I know I had 1 195,000,000 score and as you know I almost lift the machines in the air sometimes, lol..

Do you know of any other deals in your area besides that MNF?

And who really would say that about Kevin? That makes no sense.....I know some stuff I heard was "Wow, Kevin beat Richard" and that was it from the guys I was talking to, so not sure who said that.....

#1974 11 years ago

There's a card at the arcade with a USB thing on it to put the update on; I have not been there and Rob is the one that likes AC/DC, not me.

Oh Mike, Brandon is coming Saturday, not Sunday, so that is when he'll be fixing stuff if you wanted to bring the diodes.

#1977 11 years ago

Crash: I changed my mind, I need Brandon there Saturday, so yes, there is fixing. You can have a choice of cover waived or free games on the $$$ pins....

Richard: Well if you do come across something I may want and want to get some extra bucks, just let me know....no problem helping you out on that end....

#1981 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Are you coming Saturday Richard?

Tourney Sat is fighting games..unless Richard plays those and we don't know about them, lol

#1983 11 years ago

X-Men Children of the Atom isn't a competitive fighting game...

#1985 11 years ago

The "Marvel" game being played right now is Marvel vs Capcom 3. Personally I am a Street Fighter player but apples to oranges, lol

#1988 11 years ago

BBB might stay with me....have not completely decided

#1989 11 years ago

Ok so for Saturday:

1. finish reset issue on Hurricane (diode testing/replace)
2. White Water wtf switch matrix wire affected all of RIVER and the target bank for the ball save on the left side.
3. Check switch for VUK on Earthshaker, replace (we have)
4. Adjust Elvira Switch for Lock

Things that happened today:
Tron now has Orange Rails and a new orange "Williams feeling" lockdown bar
X-Men now has a shaker motor
Ac/DC has 1.7
WhiteWater and Twilight Zone have LEDs (from yesterday)

The arcade grossed $515 last week; we need some East Nashville me thinks.

#1991 11 years ago

Mike: Anything "not turned on" is just to save power.....all the pins work (even Hurricane to some extent)

White Water seems fine. I know it plays fast....I am more concerned about the RIVER issue....

#1993 11 years ago

Crash: I would CLOSE Antioch if we opened East Nashville. I'm not balling like everyone thinks, I just have a very expensive console collection I have been selling in parts to pay for pinballs from when I collected back in the day. If you google DreamTR video game collection you will see. Opening any place burns me, so I would need fundage or to sell a LOT of stuff.

Much of the concern is just lack of foot traffic and letting people know we are here.....

Advertising in the Nashville Scene is contract based and around $200 a week so we can't really afford that (which would be our best bet)

Also, Creature has a pop cap that came off, you can put that on if you want as well....just bring all the tools you think you may need....Brandon is going to be pointing out what needs to be done, he'll get the info from me. He has video stuff to do as well but if you guys want free games I have no problems doting out the stuff that needs TLC

#1998 11 years ago

Crash, East Nashville has some WORSE parts than Antioch. It's a very popular/sketchy area that has been gentrified but make no mistake, crime is big there.

To be honest if the barber shop was not right next to us you would NEVER have any issues. Their clientele is a big problem in our area because of the extracurricular activities going on...They do really well there but the problem is it sometimes deters our customers away.

Williams: I have since sold that Zelda prototype....sold a lot of "protos" but kept my complete collections of systems. I still collect but a lot of my time has been moved over to pinball.

#1999 11 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Have you tried or thought about advertising on facebook? They could target in the Nashville area and you could set up a decent facebook page advertising all you had.

We have a Facebook "page"...I am not sure how advertising on Facebook works unless they are banners on the right or something?

#2010 11 years ago

Murfreesboro we tried looking and it's not possible in a strip mall without some serious advertising and the rent is already sky high.

I should just moved to Clarksville and go to Governor's Square Mall, lol

Indiana Jones Stern arrives tomorrow. 50 cents for 1 game, 3 for $1.00 otherwise

#2014 11 years ago

Going to be a bit on Indy, it came smashed up (glass everywhere) so we have some work to do on it before it is playable again.

#2022 11 years ago

Next up is probably the Black Knight pop bumpers...fuse keeps blowing..

#2030 11 years ago

No, Whitewater still has the problem. Everytime the outlane for River leading to Right Flipper is lit it causes all of River to go to Class VI..

Rich will be there if anyone has stuff for pins. I will be there around 330

#2033 11 years ago

White Water is possessed =P

Standings overall now:
1st-Jamie (pulled a 28,000,000 out of his butt on Elvira partly because of a stuck ball in multiball)
causing Aaron to be in 2nd now (43 pts vs 41)
3rd is Erik (35 pts)
4th is Mike
5th is Rob
6th is Matt
7th-Jay
7th-MWC

We have 10 players in the standings right now...

Next week is the big finale, still anyone's game on the top 4 at this point. Aaron and Jamie were allowed to make up last week (this goes for anyone) but had to pay double to the pot..

Right now the pot stands at $100.

#2036 11 years ago

Thanks everyone for coming, and please tell your friends about the place..

We'll be taking 3 games that are going to be sold eventually off the "wall" of stuff so I can alleviate some power back to the arcade side...

Radical, Bone Busters, and Slugfest will be moved/turned off until they are sold so get your kicks on them this week!

#2041 11 years ago

Crash: The fuse tested fine on White Water...haven't even looked at Monster Bash yet....

MWC: Pinball Life is where the Tron stuff came from

#2054 11 years ago

Diskoboy: That would be Chris Royalty...believe it or not he gets his prices on a lot of his stuff.....but I am pretty sure he is "fishing" for the right buyer.

He traded a game for Revenge from Mars from Erik which has since been sold....he has a nice Tales from the Crypt, etc..

I guess it really just depends on the market and if you put parts/labor into the stuff and it's NICE then there is some justification on it against the pinball message board market which is the cheapest way to get stuff. However things are going for much higher $ these days making it much easier to flip pinballs in that sense...

#2062 11 years ago

We'll probably move the league back to Tuesday nights one of these months =P

I'll get the ordering of the #555s when I have a chance this week.

Matt (new Matt): If you get a chance, head out to Game Galaxy so you can see what we are about; I am sure there will be a pin to your liking there to play at some point.

In other news:

No Fear is now LEDed up.
The Getaway is being picked up Thursday to go to Dr. Matt for refurbishing and will return to Antioch eventually.
MLB Slugfest payment pending for this week

#2069 11 years ago

diskoboy: I can't believe you are selling that Taxi to get a Bugs Bunny. Wow. =P

#2075 11 years ago

Oh no, mystic has enough machines, I am only giving him Getaway after Whirlwind is finished. If he catches up and wants it, probably Back to the Future in...the "future", ha ha HAHA. Oh brother. lol

#2078 11 years ago

Crash, it's not display tint causing the issue. The board has an issue. Always been that way.

#2080 11 years ago

diskoboy: 1030am Friday is the pickup. I tried to text you, Richard is heading down to the place that has the game at that time so message me or something

#2085 11 years ago

FatCat: We took Centipede off the floor but I have another I am selling that we are putting together that should be ready by Saturday morning.

#2088 11 years ago

diskoboy: The IDC in the book is supposed to be on the set it is on. We checked that already and two of those connectors re not used and are correct according to the schematics but go crazy if you want.

It will have to be after Taxi gets to me after we you and Richard get your game.

Crap, I have to get money at the bank tomorrow, lol

#2089 11 years ago

Slugest is officially SOLD and PAID for.

#2104 11 years ago

No Fear has a switch matrix issue involving the slingshots and the kickback.....

White Water still has its problem, and Black Knight still has its fuse blowing issue on the pop bumpers.

The last switch matrix issue we fixed involved a tiny chip on the board for No Fear.

Does anyone have any flux I can purchase? Board work is a coming.

#2110 11 years ago

diskoboy: It's probably one of those chips...coincidentally switch matrixes out on that game and No Fear after you guys LEDed them...ugh

#2111 11 years ago

LOOK AT THOSE CRACKED PLASTICS ON WHIRLWIND, JASON NEEDS TO PART THAT CRAP OUT

#2119 11 years ago

diskoboy, the fuse that controls the pop bumpers is blown.

#2128 11 years ago

Dunno on Black KNight. It was replaced. They work. F1 still has no fuse so I am not complaining.

Black Rose has "ball popper 55" out meaning it gets stuck in the Broadside and won't pop out. Anyone know what part (coil?) that is so I don't have a dig for a manual? I know it may be a loose wire on a coil but you never know these days.

Congrats to Aaron for beating Jamie in a sudden death AC/DC match, though Jamie got 200,000,000+ on a "practice" game right before, lol....

Mike came in 3rd, Erik came in 4th (and is owed $7) Rob in 5th, Matt in 6th, MWC in 7th, Svengo in 8th.

Now before I announce another league, what day works best for everyone, Tues or Sunday? Seems like we have had the same results both days so I need a vote.....Rob votes for Tuesdays. So that is 1-0 for Tuesday.

#2130 11 years ago

2-0 Tuesday

#2135 11 years ago

Crash, it is essentially ANY time from 4pm-10pm but you would have to be there by 7pm to qualify, you still able to make it?

We have 4-1 Tuesdays

#2138 11 years ago

TS68 (Duane) lives past Rivergate Mall; I've only seen him 4-5 times at the arcade itself....

#2141 11 years ago

If anyone wants our tourney to be officially recognized please get it all setup if you can, I just don't have the time lol

#2143 11 years ago

No one messed with Creature yet....

I'll be there all day tomorrow night.

Special $15 gets you play on ALL the pins for tomorrow night only.

ALL.

AC/DC
X-MEN
INDY STERN
MONSTER BASH
TWILIGHT ZONE

and all the rest =P So take advantage of it!

#2145 11 years ago

Diskoboy: someone has to take care of getting the tournaments "set up" to go pro, though....

Oh, do you or anyone else coming in today able to get one of these?

Per Mike on No Fear and White Water issues:

You could change the 2803A chip on the CPU first, and be sure to check the small connectors at the bottom of the CPU

#2156 11 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Now it figures Crash that I'd leave Cookeville and they would actually get some pinball machines.
I just got back from Vegas and the pinball hall of fame down there. It was really enjoyable to play a few games not offered by the fine people at Game Galaxy. If I could encourage you guys to aquire a Family Guy pinball though. I played one while down there and I'm addicted to it now.

Definitely won't be happening. $4000 for a pinball that I don't like to make $10 a week. LOL.

The way I go about pinballs is I get ones I want to play and ones I like and ones that are good. If it's a combination that doesn't work I won't acquire them. I'm interested in a few certain ones to play them but Family Guy is not one of them.

#2158 11 years ago

Can one of you guys tell me exactly what row in the manual was out for White Water and NO Fear?

NO Fear had slingshots and ball save popper out
White Water had R I V E R and other target banks out

I don't have the manual(s) near me and I need to know specifically what "row" these are in to let MIke Chestnut know.....

#2160 11 years ago

Crash thank you very much!

#2162 11 years ago

Hey guys, giving you all a heads up, I am putting my pinballs up on Craigs' List for XMAS at stupid silly prices. I am not really selling them but I need to get people in to the arcade somehow, so if you see this crazy list in the next few months, it's mine, lol..I'll let all of you know when I actually DO have something for sale.

#2165 11 years ago

Crash: What mystic said. = )

#2172 11 years ago

Crash: you can test those displays in Black Knight..

#2176 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yes, but one of the display boards is shorted. I'll have to find out which one is good. Assuming your high voltage circuit still works in that game. Whichever one isn't shorted works, but I couldn't tell if it was outgassed or not because of the missing -100v (it was flickery and barely illuminating).
I noticed Monster Bash was on free play in the photo, was that the $15 thing? I see Brandon playing X-Men but who's the guy playing AC/DC?

It's the cable. We jiggled it and it is fine now (needed a better connection) Also, there is no "gas" in the new displays. That's not an original display. We've never had any illumination problems with it, I can tell you there's not one person in here that will say anything about that display other than that minor detail.

#2177 11 years ago

Oh, almost forgot, our new league starts this Tuesday at 7pm.

Three weeks of games again, same rules as before.

1st week is get beat week:
AC/DC, Taxi, Dracula.

Good luck on those. LOL

But yes, 7pm this Tuesday starts the new league....You can come in starting at 4pm but you MUST be there by 7pm for scores to count and can play until 10pm.

#2185 11 years ago

I can't do it when she's sleeping (the game is too loud) I'll beat it when I ever get time to it. You guys are making my life harder with these high scores to keep up on, lol; I know I can beat them, I just need time to do it, lol....the only one that may be a issue is that Monster Bash score....and getting back "in" to Sopranos...ugh.....

#2189 11 years ago

I got my Medieval score back. Yay. Now on to everyone else's.

#2192 11 years ago

I'll get the Twilight Zone one, but I haven't played that game sans that "one" time it came in before you guys LEded it all up...should be fun when i get it, lol

#2194 11 years ago

HI Casey =)

Do you take requests on games?

#2204 11 years ago

No one really showing up tonight, so we have to triple the fees if anyone wants to make up for next week's games...

Rob, Jessica only so far today...

#2205 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Can someone please fix the playfield mount on Pinball Magic? I haven't been playing it because of the extreme tilt to the right. But I want to.

When is the last time you were here? It's been leveled for over a month.

#2211 11 years ago

diskoboy: you order what i need and i will pay back on spot with receipt...no time lately....

#2213 11 years ago

mystic: Oh that is right, I'll wait on you then...have any idea how much Getaway needs yet or still on the other gazillion projects?

#2225 11 years ago

Tales from the Crypt and Tommy just magically "rose" to $3595 from $2995 on Jon Hoffman's Craig's List posting today.

#2241 11 years ago
Quoted from Casey_Bryson:

Yes. I'm looking for a Flinstones, GI, and W?D right?

Yep, those are three I am looking for...

#2249 11 years ago

Crash: Nothing needs work up there, the other guys have it taken care of for now and Mike has a couple of boards being worked on, thanks though

#2251 11 years ago

50 cents to play Indy.

#2253 11 years ago

diskoboy, I ordered the coil for Monday Night Football.

I also need to know what you are saying I need for Bad Cats because I told them to turn the game back on since it is functional. WHatever that is please order it and bring it to Huntsville as it looks like you and Brandon may get sent up again soon..

Black Rose is working but Sara said it needs to be soldered better, and something "broke" off the inside of ROad Show and needs to be replaced, so I guess I get to hear about what that is tomorrow.

Odds of a machine coming back with you guys? 50%

#2258 11 years ago

I don't know, it's direct off one station for each game. The person doing it is coming from Arkansas.

There's a lot of work in streaming and I don't think we are at that level with pinball yet to do it and we still need Brandon to get a better capture card to stream our own regular tournaments.

I don't think any of them will really be playing pins much but it is included in the cover.

#2265 11 years ago

Jamie is up in Week 2 of the "league" in this one....

Finals of League III: Week III are next Tuesday. We won't be having another league for awhile after this one= P

#2271 11 years ago

Crash, unless you get there REALLY early Taxi won't be available as we are using that section of games over there for another arcade tournament area temporarily for Sat/Sun

The games that will be off are Hurricane down to Radical, and Indiana Jones but we won't make that area unplayable until around 2pm or so.

#2274 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Thanks for telling me that, so that area will be reserved for Marvel vs. Capcom? That starts at 12:00 though, according to your website.
By the way is that Lethal Weapon 3 coming to the arcade at some point?

Whatever we choose to have there, it's going to just be another section for casual gaming that day

#2277 11 years ago

Stuff available for Christmas purchasing will be:

Lethal Weapon
Diner
Dr. Who
Bone Busters (sooner)
Hurricane
Phantom of the Opera
Monday Night Football
Bad Cats

These will strictly be put up to test the waters for people looking for pins other than from Chris and Jon closer to XMAS but I do not necessarily want to get rid of them....

#2280 11 years ago

diskoboy, it is during the day but yes

#2281 11 years ago

A lot of people buy them sight unseen. If I did not the majority of the pins you see would not be in the arcade.

#2284 11 years ago

Crash: I mean, that's "some" people...I don't need to be a tire kicker...if I want something and the price is good I will get it because it can be fixed up or sold higher later down the road and we can play it for now.

Like I said, I wouldn't have half the pins I do now and I sure saved a lot of gas money. Can you imagine how much time wasting it would be to drive 2-6 hours and turn around? I've had to do that before because I was in the position to, but good descriptions of what has been done usually works for me.

#2285 11 years ago

Erik: I think I need two sets of those RIMS THAT ARE WORTH $1500

#2291 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Jason, if you want me to come help you and Brandon work on MM tomorrow, just text me.

LOL, I didn't even check Pinside until just now..it's a pretty machine now =)

#2303 11 years ago

Crash: Surprisingly diskoboy was there right as you left I think =P

I'll order some more parts.

Anyone want to purchase Bone Busters?

#2304 11 years ago

Bone Busters has CoinTaker LEDs, will be on ebay/CraigsList shortly, also available for trade...

WhiteWater ramp is going to be ghetto taped for now (I don't even want to hear about it) because the ramp is $120. Eventually I'll get the ramp but I might just get the game super shopped out when that happens.....

#2311 11 years ago

X-men goes for 4300 nib anyway, Add fees and tax and not so great.

#2312 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Hey Jason, those Cliffy Protectors I showed you today might not go on your ramps because it looks like the part that it's supposed to attach to was the part that broke.
But here's the link to order one.
http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=1185
I honestly believe "ghettoing" the ramp will only make the problem worse in the long run. And I've been saying it for a while now, but something really needs to be done about the game constantly getting airballs. It's not good for the ramps or playfield.

So i need a cliffy and a new ramp?

#2315 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Are you still thinking about moving or are we good here? That turnout was pretty good.
Looks like Baywatch is getting played at Bonker's...

The only reason for the turnout was because of the tournament. That has nothing to do with the issues at the business which are still the same.

#2316 11 years ago

diskoboy: that shooter thing you put on Addams Family apparently has made the game "worse" now, as it is not getting up barely even to the Graveyard now.

#2318 11 years ago

No because that was a mostly out of towner tourney and i had to give 2250 out of pocket to get them in there

#2331 11 years ago

Today is the last day of League III...

after this it is going to be awhile before we have another

#2336 11 years ago

TZ68: Twilight Zone was there, it was hidden away when you walk in to the left. I didn't see it at first either.

That Jurassic Park on Craigs List is a joke. Working and in excellent condition? Try rusty ramp, needing a shopout bad, no way to open the backglass, water damaged in the back, and it is not even playable (stuck in some weird Audit test mode), complete and utter trash. The guy kept saying he could get his guy to shop it out for $300 and he had a $2400 offer on it.

Wow. His "guy" at Hermitage Lanes is going to charge a hell of a lot more once he sees that mess, wow. Stay away. $1000 max is what I would pay.

#2337 11 years ago

Also, someone else will have to take over the tournaments, the numbers just are not there but I have no problem with someone else taking them over (Aaron may be doing this)....

#2338 11 years ago

Oh fumbleflippers, someone has a cabinet I need to get from Memphis soon. Was not sure if you were planning on coming down this way but I can pay you for the delivery and gas if you wanted to make some bucks and play all the free pins you want. It's a 32 inch LCD Japanese arcade machine...

#2347 11 years ago

No, he has Monopoly out of his garage

#2352 11 years ago

Jamie and Rob are both at the Pinball Expo.

#2358 11 years ago

diskoboy: Lethal Weapon parts came in, as well as the B+ tool, so come on down tomorrow between 12-6pm if you want, Brandon will be there, also have to get you and him set for HUnstville again, that IS happening this week.

#2360 11 years ago

Diskoboy: I ordered it Thursday night, lol...how fast do you think the mail is?

It will be there by Tuesday I am sure....

I am more concerned with the Huntsville stuff this week...

#2362 11 years ago

Demo Man, one of my fav games =)

#2367 11 years ago

diskoboy, i got the new pop bumper for creature. We have to stop getting parts for games not worth it..Lethal did not need $100 in parts...

#2368 11 years ago

Asteroids parts arrived as well, tomorrow should be busy but we have to run to the laundromat first

#2372 11 years ago

diskoboy: multicading a Galaga and Virtua Cop 2 drop in transformer...you are more than welcome to come but be at the arcade at 12 sharp tomorrow

#2374 11 years ago

Creature works again, so all the pins sans Lethal Weapon are playable here as of now. Just waiting on coils for that one.

#2386 11 years ago

Here's my news. I bought color DMDs for Addams Family and Medieval Madness.

I'll be going to HUntsville to install Addams next week; either that game or Road Show will be heading back for certain permanently, but someone needs to buy Bones Busters and/or trade for Fish Tales....

#2390 11 years ago

Brandon is pretty good like that even though he says he is careful with the stuff....

#2403 11 years ago

Lethal Weapon 3 didn't really need anything. I won't let the fact go the reason the game is not working right now is because of the age old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage. It's $180 so far to fix a game that did not need fixing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

£ 39.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
1,424 posts in this topic match your search for posts by DreamTR. You are on page 2 of 6.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreamTR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/2?tu=DreamTR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.