tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 119.
#2401 11 years ago

LW3 at Game Galaxy is down for the count. That games becoming more problematic than WH2O.

Flipper board keeps blowing a fuse because of a dead transistor. Not to mention one of the fuse holders fell right off...

At least the flippers got rebuilt...

#2402 11 years ago

Too bad, that's what happens when Jason starts getting more Data East games I guess. Run away, Jason. Run away!

#2403 11 years ago

Lethal Weapon 3 didn't really need anything. I won't let the fact go the reason the game is not working right now is because of the age old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage. It's $180 so far to fix a game that did not need fixing.

#2404 11 years ago

Anyone picking up that Pac-Man pin? Really can't say I know anything about it or if it's worth the asking price. Good luck to the buyer though.

Post edited by MWC : I hate typos.

#2405 11 years ago

The flippers DID need a rebuild. They were held together with cable ties. But that one thing just avalanched into two new problems. But I honestly don't know what happened to the flipper board. It was working fine before all this mess. And the power basically stayed off the entire time it was down. Transistors don't just die at the snap of a finger...

After we install the new flipper board, I'm just leaving that game alone, no matter what. It's not worth the time and money.

#2406 11 years ago

yeah but even held together with cable ties = working. If the game is held together with a piece of glue and a glow stick but it works, it's staying unless I am redoing the game.....and I was not doing that for LW3.

#2407 11 years ago
Quoted from MWC:

Anyone picking up that Pac-Man pin? Really can't say I know anything about it or if it's worth the asking price. Good luck to the buyer though.
Post edited by MWC : I hate typos.

Mr./Ms. Pac Man was my first pin, and I had to look really closely to make sure this wasn't mine (it still could be, can't tell from the pictures). It's not the worst game in the world, but I feel it's pretty limited even for an early 80s Bally. Speech is kind of cool. If you're a PacMan collector its worth picking up. They're pretty common, and I'd say this is on the high side but not insane.

#2408 11 years ago

Check this video out Williams, pretty cool!

#2409 11 years ago

In regards to the tournament, I don't think $10 cover, $10 tournament fee ESPECIALLY when a scene is trying to be built here and you have access to all of these pinballs is outrageous at all.

If this was in Portland or any other place, $20 would be had twice a month probably.

Just throwing that out there as logic being enjoy the place while it is still here..a friend of mine closed Video Culture and people are still upset about that....

#2410 11 years ago

Right, I think it's more than reasonable. I just don't want to spend that much money on pinball, it's a personal preference. That doesn't mean I'm not going to show up and spend money...

#2411 11 years ago

Does anyone around here have any extra Krylon Triple Thick or know of a store that carries it? I have tried all the usual suspects (Home Depot, Wal Mart, etc) and can't find it anywhere. I just need enough for one backglass. Thanks for any help.

#2412 11 years ago

IIRC, Triple Thick was recalled about a month or two ago. Michael's may have something similar.

#2413 11 years ago

Happy Halloween Jason!!

#2415 11 years ago

That's potentially very good news for the GG, Jason I hope you can work something out with the new owner and get your business back to where it was before. I plan on coming up for the next tourney if you still need whatever game it was up from Memphis shoot me a PM and I'll get it up there.

#2416 11 years ago

Wow, didn't see that coming at all. I'm guessing the anchor stores will still be turned into the community center space or whatever the plans are for that? I think it's clear that retail was still doing somewhat well before it closed. I'll be darned if we actually get the old Game Galaxy back... that would be awesome. Funny, the last time I was in Antioch I saw a group of street bikers doing stunts in the parking lot, lol. Oh, and...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2417 11 years ago

“A younger demographic is demanding a different type of business model for that particularly area,” said Carnell Scruggs, managing director of Sperry Van Ness/The Genesis Group, a real estate advisory firm that represented the buyer.

That's a pretty promising quote if you ask me...

#2418 11 years ago

Spending all of Thanksgiving weekend in Nashville this year. We already plan on hitting Game Galaxy, so are there any other arcades in the area we should plan to visit?

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#2419 11 years ago

Game Galaxy and Dave and Busters at Opry Mills is pretty much it.

But D&B has no pinball machines.

#2420 11 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Spending all of Thanksgiving weekend in Nashville this year. We already plan on hitting Game Galaxy, so are there any other arcades in the area we should plan to visit?
-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

The Pinside map is kept pretty up to date with machines on location in the area. There are a few here and there, but Game Galaxy is by far your best bang for the buck.

#2421 11 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

-Steve RidgeLouisville, KY

Incredible Dave's has the Rolling Stones and Iron Man pins. It's not on the Pinside map last I checked (I've purposely not added it to the map because of how Jason and Game Galaxy were treated when ID came into Rivergate Mall). Game Galaxy is definitely your best place to play.

#2422 11 years ago

My USB port on the front of my computer went out a week or two ago and I'm too lazy to reach around to the back to find a free port. I fixed it last night.. so maybe an update will be posted soon. I kind of zipped through that Monopoly so fast and got a little burnt out after 3-4 hours a night for 7 nights straight. I got back on the Whirlwind earlier this week though and it only needs a few minor tweaks and it'll be back. Got all the parts for Getaway and the playfield hinges are fixed so I can roll right into that one once WW is outta here.

#2423 11 years ago

Do you transfer photos from your iPhone over USB? There's a free app called WiFi Photo Transfer that runs a server over WiFi you can connect to using a web browser and transfer your photos and videos. Works quite well.

#2424 11 years ago

Yeah I just dump em all at once usually once a week or so, I like to sync up the phone with the other devices once in a while anyway and get updates and what not.

#2426 11 years ago

I found another article: http://nashvillepost.com/news/2012/10/31/core_of_hickory_hollow_mall_sells_for_1m

If the Dillard's space sold for $3m in spring that goes to show how worthless the main retail space is in comparison. Wasn't it CBL that was going to aid in the transformation of the mall into the community center/library? I went back and watched that News Channel 5 video I posted at the time and they make it sound as if CBL was partnering with Nashville State to set up the satellite campus. Of course I have serious doubts that anything actually happened there. We definitely didn't see anything this past summer, as was projected for the campus in the news piece.

By the way here's the doctor who bought the space. I think we owe someone some props for this one. http://www.dnj.com/article/20111207/ADVERTORIAL01/312070012/Reita-Agarwal-MD-MBA-MS-Internal-Medicine-Physician

Are those topper LEDs the same ones Shanetastic used for his second Whirlwind? If so that should look pretty amazing.

#2427 11 years ago

Whirlwind is done.. back in the arcade Sunday or around then.

Quoted from Crash:

Are those topper LEDs the same ones Shanetastic used for his second Whirlwind? If so that should look pretty amazing.

Yep, same ones. It's not as bright as I'd hoped. In a dark room when you start hitting locks and the flashers start going it looks cool but unless you're WATCHING someone play, it's not like you have time to stare at the topper. In a well lit room you can't even tell it's lit up really. I think it'll look good in the arcade though, it's kinda dark and people watching someone have a good game from afar will have a little light show.

#2428 11 years ago

I don't post for awhile and madness happens....

A few things:

The wrong board was sent for Lethal Weapon (their fault, correct on receipt) so that's still down.

Fish Tales is being sold/picked up tomorrow, so there will be room for Whirlwind.

Radical is being sold/picked up in the next 2 weeks, meaning room for The Getaway.

Hickory Hollow Mall being sold for a paltry $1 million is the biggest coup I have ever seen. It's a freaking mall, lol.

In reference to CBL, they NEVER officially "say" anything, so the idea was the mall was gong to be "sold" anyway. The mall is still technically open, and nothing had been cleaned up there within the old spaces.

As far as us returning to the mall; I've already contacted one of the owners to begin an initial conversation. There are good and bad sides to going back to the mall.

Good side: It's our old spot, and we are familiar with it.

Bad side: That spot is a mess. Leaks, electricity/wiring issues, it's nasty in there, maggots on the old desk, we'd have to hire Jamie's company's cleaning crew again, we don't know what the lease terms/rent would be like, none of the tenants are in there any more and are in other spots in Antioch as it is and probably have leases that can't be broken immediately. (Remember, this only happened in June of this year)

Another possibility is taking over the old School Uniforms and More location since it has an outside entrance but these places are messy, there would be a lot of work, not to mention we can't get Comcast in the mall and I have a dispute with AT&T over double billing me so I can't get them in the mall either...

The bottom line is if people go back in to the mall, it would be great and we are precisely what needs to be back in the mall since we were one of the only bright spots, but it's a lot of work....Truck rental and moving the machines would take 3-4 days of constant work and a lot of money as usual....

The "good" side to the whole thing is that our lease is month to month, so we have the flexibility to move but we can't go back in that mall unless they have security and things are set up correctly there, etc....lots and lots of questions but I am happy it's going to be reopened, I just don't know who is going to want to come back there besides us (and I am serious about that, it's going to be tough finding tenants to want to come back unless the small business/retail rent perspective is cheap enough.

#2429 11 years ago

Glimpse. LEDs always look brighter when pictured in a dark room.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2430 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Hickory Hollow Mall being sold for a paltry $1 million is the biggest coup I have ever seen.

It sold for $126 million in 1998. I'm not an economist, but that sounds like a bad return on investment.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2012/10/31/hickory-hollow-mall-sold-for-1-million.html

#2431 11 years ago

Nice Whirlwind Mystic. I've got a cointaker and pbl order coming in today to pretty much finish out my DM in led's. Gonna be sweeet!

#2432 11 years ago

williams, i think that is what it was valued at back then...

#2433 11 years ago

Did you see my video Jason?

#2434 11 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Nice Whirlwind Mystic. I've got a cointaker and pbl order coming in today to pretty much finish out my DM in led's. Gonna be sweeet!

Demo man looks awesome in LEDs. I just did one a few weeks ago and it made a huge difference. There's one socket under the playfield that's hard to get to.

#2435 11 years ago

Crash: yes, that game is rare for the home system, not MVS.....

Fish Tales has left the building.

#2436 11 years ago

Matt what exactly was wrong with the ramp reset coil on Getaway? From what I saw it was constantly popping open and closed for no reason and thought it was a switch issue.

#2437 11 years ago

Lawyer came in representing the new owners of the mall offering us to come back to our old spot.

Oh my.

Comet PCB is finally fixed too =)

#2438 11 years ago

Awesome news! As for your poll on Facebook (uugh) I'm actually not certain. It appears that you can fit more pins in the new location, and of course arcade games. You have much more space at this one, no curfew. But on the other hand moving back to the mall, if these new owners actually get something started, will get you more foot traffic. And foot traffic is king with any walk-in business. I would like to see whatever option makes you the most money. I don't like the fact that you're selling off parts of your defining game collection to pay for this new stuff. Personally going to back to the mall, where I first discovered your place, would feel more like home to me.

So you've obviously started SOME conversation. Did you actually get to speak with the owners on things like rent, demand for tenants, etc?

#2439 11 years ago

I actually like the new location better than the old(more space, less gunfire), but Jason has said that business fell off after the move. So I would like him to be in whichever spot he's making more dough. I presume the majority of the income for GG is in buying stolen *cough* I mean used consoles and games and reselling on ebay, I would think that the Mall spot would be better for that despite the fact that he's got less room for pins.

#2440 11 years ago

I'm kinda torn...

I like the old location, just because of all the memories I have there going back to when it was Gold Mine. Plus there aren't near as many electrical problems there as there are in the new location.

But I'm worried that they wont be able to get stores to return since they've tried this 3 times before.

Plus, all the work that's going to be needed to move all the machines back.

But I also like the new location. It's a huge space, and would be perfect if it wasn't for the electrical issues that leave most of the games turned off. But the problem there, besides the electrical issues, is the lack of foot traffic. But when all is said and done, I love the new space as much as I did the old one.

And to change the subject for a brief second - Jason, I'll have the new AC/DC code to install on Sunday, if you haven't installed it already.

#2441 11 years ago

I have not installed the new AC/DC code. What the heck does it fix this time?

It does boil down to lack of foot traffic and that can't be controlled.

I requested my roof to be fixed but this won't happen "immediately" unless my spot is cleaned up because a pending move will cost quite a bit. I don't need to be in there before Christmas so I will stand by on some stuff but I expect a call shortly in regards to signing a lease and moving back in the place (I am about 75% towards moving back) but again, regardless of the +s involved with the new place it boils down to this:

The new place makes $1900-$3000 gross a month.
The old place made $3600-5500 gross a month.

The rent at the new place varies from $950-1100 + $220-450 electricity
The rent at the old place when I left was $1100 with electricity included.

#2442 11 years ago

The numbers don't lie. Go for it!

#2443 11 years ago

I wanna join this group I'm from Portland. It's about 30 minutes north of Nashvegas. I currently live in Kentucky, but i'm in Nashville alot.

#2444 11 years ago

Come see us! We have a tournament in two weeks on the 17th. Check out a page or two back in this thread or www.midtnpinball.com for more info.

#2445 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Matt what exactly was wrong with the ramp reset coil on Getaway? From what I saw it was constantly popping open and closed for no reason and thought it was a switch issue.

Need more research as ive mostly been dealing with whirlwind but I know it's not popping up at all and the coil itself has some physical damage as you can see in those pics. I'll probably get to it this weekend.

Quoted from DreamTR:

Comet PCB is finally fixed too =)

Awesome!

Side note: wreck it Ralph is a pretty good movie!

#2446 11 years ago

From Stern's Website:

AC/DC V1.61 - Oct. 30, 2012
=====================

- When paging through instant info during JAM MULTIBALL with the JAM
MULTIBALL super jackpot lit at the cannon, the info screen would say
"TOUR MULTIBALL SUPER JACKPOT LIT". This has been corrected.
- Roving shot for thunderstruck mode now awarded first when using VIP pass.
- Added jam/album/tour multiball start speech.
- Changed the thunderstruck rule. Hitting a roving standup target now
lights all of the white arrow shots and starts a roving shot across the
white arrow shots from the left loop to the right loop and back again.
The value of the roving shot starts at 2x and can be increased by
hitting another roving standup. Each new standup hit raises the value
of the roving shot by 1x. Once the roving shot is hit, it is turned
off, and the player must hit one of the thunderstruck standup targets
to light it again.
- Super skill shot awards 2 VIP passes.
- Combo, lanes, loop, and target bank jackpots are now unregistered if
the cannon shot is missed.
- Fixed a bug with the specification of the ticket meter for the game.
The old specification would only allow the ticket meter to be fired if
the "TICKET DISPENSER TYPE" adjustment was set to "DELTRONIC WIDE".
This has been corrected.
- Implemented music and sound volume.

#2447 11 years ago

Does the new code let you see the right inlane/outlane split area... Stupid ramp.

#2448 11 years ago

Call me old fashioned, but I'm for the location at the mall if you can get it back (and if it makes cents which it sounds like it does). Love and miss the feel of that place. If there's a volunteer move day, let me know.

#2449 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Demo man looks awesome in LEDs. I just did one a few weeks ago and it made a huge difference. There's one socket under the playfield that's hard to get to.

Yep it looks killer! It already had most the GI's replaced on the playfield except the ones next to the apron. I went with two blue frosted and one cool white frosted on each side. At the Cryoclaw I went with red, blue, red, blue, red frosted. For the backbox I went with the ablaze 4 led f'ing bright cool whites and blues to accent certain areas. Yeah there f'ing bright!!! I had to literally put on my sunglasses to keep from seeing spots as I was installing them. I also installed several Super 906's from cointaker. I'll make a video of it tomorrow and post it.

#2450 11 years ago

Crash, what are you talking about "selling parts of my defining game collection", do you mean prototypes that I don't even use that I sold for silly money to pay for pinball machines I actually play? Because that's basically what I did, I haven't sold anything that really matters as much in the console world...

Also, in terms of the old Hickory Hollow spot, I made this posting on Facebook:

Well, I think most of the guys voting on the new place we have discovered don't go to the new place "often" (probably have been there once or twice and don't come in on a regular basis) enough to make a clear distinction. The bottom line is we had 0 people pay to play arcades/pinballs on a Friday (yesterday) whereas the game store portion only had 5 customers. Even Hickory Hollow's WORST days were never like this, so it's a high probability (maybe not immediately) that we will head back to that mall if our spot gets the necessary improvements done to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 132.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
$ 1,059.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.