tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 119.
#1651 11 years ago

Soldering is my favorite part of repairing. It's not as hard to learn as you may think.

Basically, if you want to lear how to solder, just buy a few bread boxes at Radio Shack and practice your skills on them before you start working on your machine.

Just practice soldering and desoldering wires or capacitors into place. Then move up gradually, the more you get comfortable with your skills. Desoldering actually takes a bit more skill than soldering. But if you have a solder sucker vaccum or pump, it takes almost all the effort out of it.

#1652 11 years ago

Just giving you guys a heads up, no Rob today, so bring all your tools if you want to see stuff working tomorrow =P FREE GAMES ON XMEN MONSTER and TWILIGHT FOR THOSE WHO DO

#1653 11 years ago
Quoted from MWC:

THIS. I would love to learn how to repair my Black Hole. Right now it has a couple of slingshot kickers that need tweaking. Soldering 101 is probably really where I need to start.

You must get a switch adjustment tool. That and a fuse puller should be mandatory with any first pin purchase.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=425
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

#1654 11 years ago

Just came back from the Wilson County Fair. Anyone want some deep fried Oreos?

6b8478cab697c4b8f59800411b080bd1.jpg6b8478cab697c4b8f59800411b080bd1.jpg

#1655 11 years ago

love some deep fried oreos..

Elvira just about done... waiting on that PCB for the ramp entrance plastic, put it back in the cabinet, couple little extras I'm working on still.. then lots of playtesting this time! No burning flippers or non-functioning faults!

EATPM_-_Almost_Done_004.jpgEATPM_-_Almost_Done_004.jpg

#1656 11 years ago

Is that skull lock plastic chipped?

#1657 11 years ago

any of you guys ever try flame polishing?

#1658 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Way to concentrate on the negative. it's got a small crack on the right post hole but you probably can't see it in that picture. But yes, it appears the teeth have fallen off, but since they're ALL gone unless you knew they were supposed to be there you wouldn't notice.

Quoted from Erik:

any of you guys ever try flame polishing?

I bought a torch but haven't tried it yet. So far the ramps I've worked on have cleaned up really well with a little novus.

#1659 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Quoted from mystic:

Way to concentrate on the negative. it's got a small crack on the right post hole but you probably can't see it in that picture. But yes, it appears the teeth have fallen off, but since they're ALL gone unless you knew they were supposed to be there you wouldn't notice.

That settles it, I'm not playing this slop!

#1660 11 years ago

Busch league!!!

Crash, find me a replacement and we'll put her in there:

Marco: out of stock
Mad amusements: out of stock
Some company in Australia: out of stock
eBay: nothing

#1661 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

This reminded me of your meme

crash-part-it-out.jpgcrash-part-it-out.jpg

#1662 11 years ago

btw the massive yellow post sleeve on T2 kept wanting to creep up off the post when I played it. Not sure if you can figure a way to keep it still

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1663 11 years ago

Let me know how league night goes. I hope I can be back again before Jason sends Monster Bash and Twilight Zone back home. Just a heads up that those games with five me more incentive to fix pins.

#1664 11 years ago

Let me know how league night goes. I hope I can be back again before Jason sends Monster Bash and Twilight Zone back home. Just a heads up that those games will give me more incentive to fix pins.

#1665 11 years ago

Ok updates:

White Water Outhole Coil Replaced, still not working. Transistors and Diodes from pin 1 on J130 test fine so...uh...I need help.

Tron works, yay!

Monster Bash will be the replacement for White Water this evening.

Dr. Who needs a right flipper coil. I need coils if anyone wants to bring parts for me to purchase =P

#1666 11 years ago

WHite Water works now but we're still doing Monster Bash, Dr. who works now. everything works!

#1667 11 years ago

Awesome! Someone got on it today! Disko and I can concentrate on earthshaker, unless you fixed that too..

#1668 11 years ago

What was the issue with White Water?

#1669 11 years ago

No idea.

But the earthshaker ball hop on the left flipper and the fault is fixed. But it needs a screw and nut to hold the wireform down.

#1670 11 years ago

Wasn't the coil, we replaced that anyway....(White Water) but it looks like after checking everything on the board and putting it back in the cabinet the game is fine, but one of the fuses keeps blowing affecting the entire GI lamps on the playfield.....

#1671 11 years ago

Congrats to Jamie for winning this week again...

Right now Jamie is in the first and Aaron (Williams) and Rob (Ooze) are tied for 2nd both are 10 points behind.

#1672 11 years ago

Mystic, I'm beginning to think that Earthshaker needs to be put on a rotisserie again so we can get a good look at the entire fault mechanism.

I've been looking at all the pictures I could find of the fault, and that locking screw I had looks like the one that goes into that wireform. I don't understand why it's not staying in there for the life of me. Maybe either the screw threads are stripped, or that little slot it goes in is.

#1673 11 years ago

I didn't pull the play field out on earthshaker. Everything was done in cabinet using an angled screwdriver.

#1674 11 years ago

MWC: Sorry, nothing that far back. Ask Williams, he claims to have them all. How did league night go? Anything else still wonky?

#1675 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

How did league night go? Anything else still wonky?

Jamie is playing really well and it's going to take him spraining an index finger to lose next week. I think he took over first place on WH20 last night on his first ball.

#1676 11 years ago

3 games for sale now, Guns N Roses, Bugs Bunny, and MLB Slugfest (Williams has first rights refusal, waiting on him)

Going to have get Bugs on ebay soon me thinks

#1677 11 years ago

Do we have a breakdown on all the machines we've played so far? I'm curious as to see the rankings on all the games.

#1678 11 years ago

She's alive! Back in the cabinet. Everything works, I'd say better than before. Have a few minor aesthetic things I need to take care of and she'll be done. Probably back at the GG by this weekend. Oh, and yes, the skull plastic is still cracked.

And I'm still waiting on a lamp PCB for the monster slide plastic, hopefully here tomorrow. So...

Lamp PCB
Adjust the flippers a little
New custom instruction card
Wax
One more slight mod.. and she's done. And then on to Whirlwind.

EATPM_-_Back_in_the_Cab_Again_008.jpgEATPM_-_Back_in_the_Cab_Again_008.jpg

#1679 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Do we have a breakdown on all the machines we've played so far? I'm curious as to see the rankings on all the games.

Are you talking about the league? I'll have a final standings with the overall placers in each game after next week's league.

The new league is probably going to be on a Saturday evening...I'll figure out the games soon as well.

That Elvira looks WAYYYYYYYY nicer, holy wowowowo

#1680 11 years ago

Jason you better be compensating him for that kind of work. Getting paid to shop games? In my book that's not work at all, but pure fun.

#1681 11 years ago

Super nice work on that Elvira. Looking forward to playing it again.

Quoted from DreamTR:

The new league is probably going to be on a Saturday evening...I'll figure out the games soon as well.

Just an unsolicited opinion, but is there any consideration to having the next league on a weekend afternoon? Not sure how this would interfere with regular business, and like you said in an earlier post there's always going to be a conflict with somebody. Just thinking that might be a little easier on some of the weekend warriors or out of towners like myself.

The league has been a blast though. If you didn't make it out to this one it's well worth it to try for the next one.

#1682 11 years ago

I hope to join the next one if it's on a night I'm free and if we can find Jeff Gillooly to take care of Jamie's fingers!

#1683 11 years ago

He said Saturday evening, what do you mean by weekend afternoons? Sundays? Also, one of you guys needs to do this for Jason to save his playfield:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-ramp-posts-mod

#1684 11 years ago

I noticed you're going to start streaming Street Fighter tournaments over the internet. Who's doing that for you? Will this be a camera shot or just the game video feed?

#1685 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Jason you better be compensating him for that kind of work. Getting paid to shop games? In my book that's not work at all, but pure fun.

Hey Crash, I can start bringing a game a week up for you to "have fun" with once the tourneys move to Sat.

#1686 11 years ago

crash: Some are direct feed some are camera shot but we'll be using converters that change HDMI to Component so we can split from some ASUS monitors.

Williams: I want to have the tourney when the "sun" is not out =P evenings just seem to work better.....

#1687 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Super nice work on that Elvira. Looking forward to playing it again.

Just an unsolicited opinion, but is there any consideration to having the next league on a weekend afternoon? Not sure how this would interfere with regular business, and like you said in an earlier post there's always going to be a conflict with somebody. Just thinking that might be a little easier on some of the weekend warriors or out of towners like myself.
The league has been a blast though. If you didn't make it out to this one it's well worth it to try for the next one.

I agree. Most of us are usually there playing pinball on weekends anyway. We might be able to get more people for the next one if we don't have them scheduled for on a work/school night.

And Jason, I emailed the guy about the Cyclone and Hurricane, and I'm waiting to hear back from him. I asked him to send me some pictures of the playfields on both machines. The Hurricane will probably be in better shape, since I think it's a Diamond Plated playfield. Thought my main concern is the ramps on Cyclone.

#1688 11 years ago

crash: Some are direct feed some are camera shot but we'll be using converters that change HDMI to Component so we can split from some ASUS monitors.

Williams: I want to have the tourney when the "sun" is not out =P evenings just seem to work better.....

#1689 11 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Hey Crash, I can start bringing a game a week up for you to "have fun" with once the tourneys move to Sat.

I can always do something to help Jason out (and get free games ). I have plenty of "big" stuff to work on back at the shop.

#1690 11 years ago

So what you're saying is I need to open up another arcade in Nashville to get free labor on my games? No problem.

#1691 11 years ago

Well the only thing still left at the arcade is the "screw" for Earthshaker whoever wants to tackle that....

#1692 11 years ago

Were there any pictures taken of the old Game Galaxy at the mall after everything was moved out? I imagine the space looked pretty big sitting empty. What happened to the neon?

#1693 11 years ago

Some of the neon is still there...some was taken..

we have old pics of the location on the website and a whole youtube walkthrough from awhile ago

#1694 11 years ago

Still haven't heard from the guy selling the Cyclone and Hurricane. And now a Sorcerer machine pops up on Knoxville Craigslist, even though it looks fairly dirty and the owner did set an asking price.

knoxville.craigslist.org link

It's still a somewhat rare machine.

#1695 11 years ago

This is pinball related - promise.

I just saw the latest music video for one of my favorite bands, Glossary. They're local - from Murfreesboro. Lots of pinballs in this one and a great song.

#1696 11 years ago

Also, finally got the top side of SW put back together. Was pretty happy with myself. I left out one important detail.

IMG_20120824_090349.jpgIMG_20120824_090349.jpg

#1697 11 years ago

Police Force is finally set at Holiday Wash. Come by and give it a spin!

#1698 11 years ago

I see you installed the new loose rubber ring challenge mod. Nice.

#1699 11 years ago

Williams are the places featured in that video local, or did they travel to a museum or something?

#1700 11 years ago

New hours for Game Galaxy as of today:

Fri/sat Noon-8pm
Sunday/Monday Noon-6pm
Tuesday Noon-10pm
Wed/Thurs-CLOSED

Also, the NEW pinball league starts Sunday September 9 at 4pm. Richard will update Facebook and the website with the new games....

Let's see if the same guys come and some new faces now that we are changing it to Sunday...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 84.99
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 259.00
$ 9.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.