tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 119.
#2151 11 years ago

I just owned Monster Bash on Pinball Arcade. Monster Bash and Monsters of Rock. I NEED to play more of this at GG!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#2152 11 years ago

What is the name of that laundromat in Smyrna where Comet is going back?

#2153 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

What is the name of that laundromat in Smyrna where Comet is going back?

Soap Opera. Get it?

#2154 11 years ago

Thanks. Just adding it to the map.

#2155 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I just owned Monster Bash on Pinball Arcade. Monster Bash and Monsters of Rock. I NEED to play more of this at GG!

Man you did! I can't stop playing TOM on there. The other night I was 1 illusion away from the Grand Finale!

#2156 11 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

Now it figures Crash that I'd leave Cookeville and they would actually get some pinball machines.
I just got back from Vegas and the pinball hall of fame down there. It was really enjoyable to play a few games not offered by the fine people at Game Galaxy. If I could encourage you guys to aquire a Family Guy pinball though. I played one while down there and I'm addicted to it now.

Definitely won't be happening. $4000 for a pinball that I don't like to make $10 a week. LOL.

The way I go about pinballs is I get ones I want to play and ones I like and ones that are good. If it's a combination that doesn't work I won't acquire them. I'm interested in a few certain ones to play them but Family Guy is not one of them.

#2157 11 years ago

I'd have to agree with Jason - Family Guy is probably one of Lawlor's worst. That and Shrek, since they're pretty much the same game.

And Jason forgot to tell everyone... WH2O is currently 100%! Definite CPU board issue. We took the board out of CFTBL, so now it's down. And we put WH2O's board in Creature, and all the menus defaulted back to German (but that's not why it's down... The switch problem were transplanted with the board).

No Fear is still down since we didn't have a spare WPC-95 board.

#2158 11 years ago

Can one of you guys tell me exactly what row in the manual was out for White Water and NO Fear?

NO Fear had slingshots and ball save popper out
White Water had R I V E R and other target banks out

I don't have the manual(s) near me and I need to know specifically what "row" these are in to let MIke Chestnut know.....

#2159 11 years ago

That's switch column 3 on White Water and column 2 on No Fear.

#2160 11 years ago

Crash thank you very much!

#2161 11 years ago

No problem.

#2162 11 years ago

Hey guys, giving you all a heads up, I am putting my pinballs up on Craigs' List for XMAS at stupid silly prices. I am not really selling them but I need to get people in to the arcade somehow, so if you see this crazy list in the next few months, it's mine, lol..I'll let all of you know when I actually DO have something for sale.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2163 11 years ago

Whoa what? How will that get the arcade more attention?

#2164 11 years ago

Hey I'm calling about the no fear you have for sale for $4500.

Sure, come on down and play it if you like.

Wow, I didn't even know this place existed. I don't even need to buy a pin ill just come here once a week.

New client acquired.

#2165 11 years ago

Crash: What mystic said. = )

#2166 11 years ago

That blows my mind, awesome ploy. But what if someone ACTUALLY wants to buy it? Are you aiming to create some haggle room for buyers so they will come to the arcade? List all 26 games, you're bound to find something.

And did you sell Radical Busters Inc?

#2167 11 years ago

Doing some opto repairs today on the TZ. I can't believe Radio Shack sells them!

Maybe I can finally get rid of the dreaded "Ball Popper Opto Is Stuck" message. I've already completely rebuilt the opto board, and installed new LM339 chips.

#2168 11 years ago

I have a set of working WPC alphanumeric displays we will sell in the distant future. Hope you will have Funhouse or Bride of Pinbot at Antioch so we can test them if that's ok. Before the game was scrapped months ago the displays were working great. Just something to think about...

#2169 11 years ago

I also took this pic last night of the pay-for-play row with my SLR.

DSC_0204.JPGDSC_0204.JPG

#2170 11 years ago

Nice! That Monster Bash translite looks awesome in person, like it has a tame glow to it. Really brings out the colors and detail. It's the hands-down best use of backbox LEDs I've ever seen. When working on some games I noticed Jason has frosted Ablaze LEDs in the backbox.

#2171 11 years ago

For those interested here's a list of stuff I've come up with to sell (eventually):

IJ sound board (thinking $200)
WPC alphanumeric displays (nice and bright, but not thoroughly tested)
4 System 11 alphanumeric display glasses (untested)
Small numeric display glass from a who knows what (looks NOS)
Black Knight 2000 and Funhouse NOS promo plastics
KISS bumper cap (random, I know)
Hurricane speaker panel (haven't seen it up close)
Various game manuals

And of course I will add stuff as I find more. Once we break the ice with the boss I will bring some of this stuff down to GG if there is any interest. Cash will be accepted.

#2172 11 years ago

Crash: you can test those displays in Black Knight..

#2173 11 years ago

Yes, but one of the display boards is shorted. I'll have to find out which one is good. Assuming your high voltage circuit still works in that game. Whichever one isn't shorted works, but I couldn't tell if it was outgassed or not because of the missing -100v (it was flickery and barely illuminating).

I noticed Monster Bash was on free play in the photo, was that the $15 thing? I see Brandon playing X-Men but who's the guy playing AC/DC?

#2174 11 years ago

That's probably what that missing fuse on BK is for, since everything else seems to work okay. Those LED displays don't need high voltage to run.

Jamie was playing AC/DC.

#2175 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Hey guys, giving you all a heads up, I am putting my pinballs up on Craigs' List for XMAS at stupid silly prices. I am not really selling them but I need to get people in to the arcade somehow, so if you see this crazy list in the next few months, it's mine, lol..I'll let all of you know when I actually DO have something for sale.

The other idea I have is to invite Jack White to film a music video in the arcade. I'm sure his loyal cult following would then have to visit to see where the vid was filmed. Monster Bash would be perfect for the video with him being incorporated into the game somehow as a monster...I'll leave that up to the vid director. Well it's either that or set up some type of Guinness world record to get the place on the map.

#2176 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yes, but one of the display boards is shorted. I'll have to find out which one is good. Assuming your high voltage circuit still works in that game. Whichever one isn't shorted works, but I couldn't tell if it was outgassed or not because of the missing -100v (it was flickery and barely illuminating).
I noticed Monster Bash was on free play in the photo, was that the $15 thing? I see Brandon playing X-Men but who's the guy playing AC/DC?

It's the cable. We jiggled it and it is fine now (needed a better connection) Also, there is no "gas" in the new displays. That's not an original display. We've never had any illumination problems with it, I can tell you there's not one person in here that will say anything about that display other than that minor detail.

#2177 11 years ago

Oh, almost forgot, our new league starts this Tuesday at 7pm.

Three weeks of games again, same rules as before.

1st week is get beat week:
AC/DC, Taxi, Dracula.

Good luck on those. LOL

But yes, 7pm this Tuesday starts the new league....You can come in starting at 4pm but you MUST be there by 7pm for scores to count and can play until 10pm.

#2178 11 years ago

I'm talking about OUR displays. I know you're using Rottendogs. All you would need to do is pop the HV fuses back in and it should work for a test.

#2179 11 years ago

New project!

You can have your Bone Busters, your Baywatch, your Bugs Bunny. This is the new hottness.

And it still has the original battery!

Seriously though, anyone ever triple thick a backglass? This one needs it. I could use some guidance from anyone who has done it before.

IMG_20120927_183545.jpgIMG_20120927_183545.jpg

#2181 11 years ago

70's artwork is the best, isn't it?

#2182 11 years ago

That's funny that game is the newest video on pinball.org it was used in the last Pinburgh B division finals. The commentary on it is pretty hilarious. It mostly consists of "Hey how do you score well on it? Why you shoot the holes of course. Anything else worthwhile to shoot on it? Sure, you shoot the holes."

#2183 11 years ago

Whirlwind destruction. And this is why you don't epoxy OVER the rivets.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2184 11 years ago

I don't know wether I should brag or feel bad - I just smoked Jason's high score on his Medieval Madness.

If I know Jason, after he put his baby to bed, he'll be up all night trying to beat my score.

#2185 11 years ago

I can't do it when she's sleeping (the game is too loud) I'll beat it when I ever get time to it. You guys are making my life harder with these high scores to keep up on, lol; I know I can beat them, I just need time to do it, lol....the only one that may be a issue is that Monster Bash score....and getting back "in" to Sopranos...ugh.....

#2186 11 years ago

Yeah, that thing was pretty loud...

In other news, I've found one of the problems on my TZ - Bad opto board. The solder wont stay on the pins of the LM339 chips. I just ordered a new one from Great Lakes Modular.

Jason, I also ordered a bunch of those ULN2803 chips for the WPC cpu's. I know you probably sent it off to Mike already, but I'll have some for future reference. And I finally found my chip puller.

#2187 11 years ago

Yeah by what I have read it has to be one of the chips on that display board causing the short. Once I confirm this I will remove the glasses and sell them later. Only 2 minor burn-in spots.

Does anyone know if its possible to see if a display is outgassing by holding it next to a plasma ball? I wouldn't think that would be conclusive of anything but people have done it.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2188 11 years ago

With a heavy heart, I'm hereby announcing that I will not be participating in the forthcoming tourney for financial reasons. But this will be the ONLY tourney I'll be sitting out.

However, I will be there Tuesday to watch everybody play. So good luck all!

#2189 11 years ago

I got my Medieval score back. Yay. Now on to everyone else's.

#2190 11 years ago

If anyone is willing to bring a plasma ball to the arcade the day I bring the DMD glasses (won't be soon though) that would give me an idea as to if they still work, how much burn in they have, etc. I just need it for testing as I don't have one. If this guy used one to build his pinball clocks from used displays it must be a good test.

http://www.clock-it.net/nixie_clocks/pinball.html

#2191 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I got my Medieval score back. Yay. Now on to everyone else's.

LOL! I know Jason won't rest until he's beaten Jamies score on AC/DC.

Just remember... If you do manage to beat my TZ score, I'll just put a harder one up

#2192 11 years ago

I'll get the Twilight Zone one, but I haven't played that game sans that "one" time it came in before you guys LEded it all up...should be fun when i get it, lol

#2193 11 years ago

What's up Nashville?

I haven't been to Pinside in a long time, but looks like it's stronger than ever. Love that you guys have your own subforum and would love to see more of you on the regional forum, the Bash.

This is a bit of a Shameless plug, but I just posted a ton of machines for sale or trade. I can do shipping to Nashville for $150 and can transport up to 3 pins to and from B'ham at anyone time.

My business partner recently made a deal with DreamTR (Jason) for Road Show via our retail side of the business (eBay) and I've also traded a HUO IM to Duane (TZ68) a few years back. I'd love to open up the trade route a bit more with y'all since you're so close. I do ATL about every other week.

If you don't like the prices I have, make me a reasonable offer and I'll do my best to work with you on it.

Look forward to hearing from you guys and meeting you in person.

Thanks,

Casey Bryson AKA KingPin

#2194 11 years ago

HI Casey =)

Do you take requests on games?

#2195 11 years ago

WOO-HOO!! MY TZ is now 100%!! Installed the new opto board, and now everything works like a charm! No more "Ball popper opto is stuck" message, and no more credit dot!!!

Now, if I could only get rid of the cigarette smell...

#2196 11 years ago

Charcoal

#2197 11 years ago

I'm still basking in it's afterglow...

The guy that I bought it from said it needed about $600 worth of parts to get it working again. It only cost me $70. There are still minor cosmetic issues (rubber rings, flipper rubbers, and the playfield loop is still dirty), but I can manage that easily.

BTW - Great Lakes Modular makes awesome replacement boards. The new one I installed has an LED display that lets you know when one of your optos fail.

#2198 11 years ago

Welcome Casey! Uploading a game of Pinball Arcade Monster Bash, got to Monsters of Rock and 448 million. Too easy, I just beat my previous 600+ million score earlier today. Wish I had more time to play the real thing.

#2199 11 years ago

Le video:

#2200 11 years ago

Whirlwind getting there. Topside done except drop target decals.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 132.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.