tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 119.
#1701 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Also, the NEW pinball league starts Sunday September 9 at 4pm. Richard will update Facebook and the website with the new games....
Let's see if the same guys come and some new faces now that we are changing it to Sunday...

BTTF? Seriously? I was only kidding when I mentioned it the other night!

Yes, I'm now taking it personally that Sopranos is never in a tournament.

Just kidding - glad you're doing this again.

#1702 11 years ago

I can't do them Saturdays because of tournaments and the auction so it's not possible; it basically has to be on a day I work.....we'll see how this one goes....

#1703 11 years ago

Does anyone know of any pinball locations in Cookeville? From what I've seen driving around there's a game store and a bowling alley and that's about it. Not sure if the bowling alley has anything, I'm guessing not.

#1704 11 years ago

I thought there was an Attack from Mars in Crossville, but that's not Cookeville.

#1705 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I thought there was an Attack from Mars in Crossville, but that's not Cookeville.

I seem to remember somebody telling me that as well. No idea where though.

Elvira is done. Back to the arcade tomorrow. Another project sliding in front of whirlwind, sorry guys.

#1706 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Another project sliding in front of Whirlwind, sorry guys.

And what might that be?

#1707 11 years ago

You'll find out soon enough I'm sure. Not going to GG though.

#1708 11 years ago

You bought Bugs Bunny!

#1709 11 years ago

Best looking bugs bunny ever!

#1710 11 years ago

Finally lifted Jason of that curse, haha! Let me know how it turns out.

#1711 11 years ago

I was joking. I wouldn't have that machine in my garage. No offense. . If you're dying of curiosity look at the latest post on my blog crash, you have the address.

#1712 11 years ago

final pics

EATPM_-_Done_011.jpgEATPM_-_Done_011.jpg EATPM_-_Done_015.jpgEATPM_-_Done_015.jpg

#1713 11 years ago

Oh, so it's still at the arcade... well then. I mean seriously I thought Erik just paid a visit and noticed it was gone or something. Don't tease me like that!

#1714 11 years ago

I just got home from GG. Bugs Bunny is still there.

Oh, and I honestly believe Earthshaker needs to be put on a rotisserie. I discovered the screw holing down the fault wireform had a clean break towards the bottom. I tried a bigger screw, and it's just not gripping anything.

Second off, I'm trying to figure out what the second screw hole is for. The manual doesn't explain much of anything. But after reading some old r.g.p posts, there is supposed to be a y-latch under the fault that cannot be reached unless the playfield is removed. It says if the y-latch is broken, then the fault won't latch.

The response came from Cliffy, so I'm guessing we may finally have an answer to the faulty fault

#1715 11 years ago

The fault works though, the wireform is just hanging the ball up because it's not constrained by the screw. Did you try putting a nut on the underside to hold the machine screw?

#1716 11 years ago

According to the manual it's a locking machine screw. It should just be held in place by the threads. But both screws I tried are not catching anything.

If you look at this pic, it shows two machine screws - one holding the wireform and another behind it. On the GG machine, the screw behind it is also missing. I think this is possibly where the Y-latch goes. That's probably what the screws are supposed to thread into.

According to most posts on RGP, this part is problematic and breaks constantly.

IMG_4281.jpgIMG_4281.jpg

I also think a previous owner hacked it up. You may also notice in this picture, there is no screw to the left of where the plastic splits. On the machine at GG, there IS a screw to the left of the fault line, and that's what the ball kept getting hung up on.

#1717 11 years ago

certainly hacked.. here's a pic of the day I got it.

http://pinballrestore.wordpress.com/1989-williams-earthshaker/#jp-carousel-224

definitely a screw there that shouldn't be..

#1718 11 years ago

The Y-latch they're talking about in this post is UNDER the playfield and latches when the fault fully opens (near the coil). We tested that when we were there and it was catching correctly. Obviously the extra screw is weird but I still think a nut/machine screw to hold the wireform still could fix the ball getting caught up, the ramp just needs to be far enough to the right so that the ball doesnt get stuck between that screw and the wireform.

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?p=982383

#1719 11 years ago

Elvira is back at Game Galaxy and oh is she pretty.

#1720 11 years ago

Haven't checked in on this thread in some time. Glad to see y'all have kept it going. The rest of us in other regions are jealous. Y'all are even setting up tournaments here. That is awesome!!!

#1721 11 years ago

Earthshaker 100%.

#1722 11 years ago

Great! How'd you fix it? I found a laundromat down here with several video games, a claw machine, and a Skee-Ball machine but alas, no pinball.

#1723 11 years ago

Machine screw and a nut on the wireform. Removed the extraneous screw as it seemed to serve no purpose other than to hang up the ball.

#1724 11 years ago

That woman in the wheelchair today kicked some major ass at Doctor Who.

She knocked Jason off the grand champion spot with over 1 billion.

#1725 11 years ago

Kung-Fu pinball wizard granny... in a wheelchair.

#1726 11 years ago

New project.. We're gonna need a bigger clamp!!

Comet_-_Day_1.jpgComet_-_Day_1.jpg Comet_-_Day_1_(1).jpgComet_-_Day_1_(1).jpg Comet_-_Day_1_(3).jpgComet_-_Day_1_(3).jpg

#1727 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Jason told me about that today. Aside from the dirty playfield, it looks to be in fairly nice shape! Finding a Comet with an entact ramp and no cracks is somewhat rare.

So this ones not going to GG? I'm still working on getting the Cyclone and Hurricane. It would be neat to have the "coaster trilogy" in one place.

#1728 11 years ago

I would definitely be interested in playing any of the three. We used to have a Hurricane... the speaker panel is still sitting inside the shop window.

#1729 11 years ago

The outlook on the pair is looking fairly bleak. I've contacted the seller several days ago, and so far, no response.

Another thing is the ad has been up since July 28th. So he may have already sold them and just forgot to delete the post.

But I'll be trying to contact him again tomorrow.

#1730 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

I really like that series of roller coaster themed pins. I think a lineup of Comet, Cyclone and Hurricane would be awesome!!!

#1731 11 years ago

That Comet is from the laundromat in Smyrna and won't be going to Game Galaxy ever.

I am in the market for Cyclone, Comet, and Hurricane though at the arcade so if you guys see them...

#1732 11 years ago

Jon has a Comet. But IMO, he wants too much for it.

#1733 11 years ago

Jon always wants more for his machines than they are worth; he's depending on the "first time buyer" to pick up his stuff, that is exactly who he caters to and unfortunately he is the ONLY game in town to go to unless I actively had all my pinballs for sale.

Well scratch that, Chris Royalty is trying to break in on the "LED" market to everyone.

#1734 11 years ago

Lookie what's in the cabinet.. one less piece of the playfield to buy..

Cabinet clean..

I think we found the key to the backbox in pic 3! That's where I left it.. acting as part of my drop target mech..

and an initial parts list..

Comet_-_Initial_Recon_002.jpgComet_-_Initial_Recon_002.jpg Comet_-_Initial_Recon_003.jpgComet_-_Initial_Recon_003.jpg Comet_-_Initial_Recon_004.jpgComet_-_Initial_Recon_004.jpg Comet_-_Initial_Recon_005.jpgComet_-_Initial_Recon_005.jpg

#1735 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Jason told me about that today. Aside from the dirty playfield, it looks to be in fairly nice shape! Finding a Comet with an entact ramp and no cracks is somewhat rare.
So this ones not going to GG? I'm still working on getting the Cyclone and Hurricane. It would be neat to have the "coaster trilogy" in one place.

As a coaster lover I support this.

#1736 11 years ago

At least you didn't find a nest of mice like we did in one of the pins we picked up awhile back (Last Action Hero)

#1737 11 years ago

Comet pf doesn't look bad at all. Key mod is awesome and a must have

#1738 11 years ago

Crash

First off I stopped by Holiday Wash the other day and while I didn't get a chance to play Police Force, I did get a chance to play Adams Family and I noticed it's playing much better than the last time I played it.(Thing Flipper was working much better and so was the plunger) I could tell work had been done on it and it was an enjoyable play.

I went to college in Cookeville and lived there for a few years afterwards and there's no place to play pinball there that I know of anymore. None.

If you find yourself in Crossville though which is 30 miles east of Cookeville

A. I'm sorry you're stuck in Crossville
B. there is a Revenge From Mars Pinball 2000 machine (know I said Attack from Mars earlier but I got my machines crossed) I've updated the pinmap with the location.

#1739 11 years ago

Which day was that? I was probably gone by then. Otherwise you probably would've seen me that morning. Yes, Addams Family got a flipper rebuild and the Thing flipper actually busted a linkage a couple of days ago so it was technically "rebuilt" with a new crank and linkage but I still want to re-sleeve it. Might not be able to until we order some more sleeves. As for the plunger, we try to keep that lubricated as it dries up easily with all the play that game gets.

Thanks for the info but that's too far to justify going for one machine... I have played a Star Wars Episode 1 in Florida though. I like the Pinball 2000 system, especially the silver sphere plunger.

#1740 11 years ago

Crash

I went on Friday around 6:30. I stopped in before heading to Crossville to visit the family.

#1741 11 years ago

I called the guy this morning. The Cyclone and Hurricane were sold.

#1742 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

I called the guy this morning. The Cyclone and Hurricane were sold.

I see Comet regularly turn up for < $1000 and Hurricane for not much more. Finding one without a beat playfield is another story. One will come along no doubt.

Now finding a Chicago Cubs Triple Play for sale, much less at a reasonable cost, that's another story...

#1743 11 years ago

Playfield on a Cyclone can be replaced with a CPR repro if you're willing to fork out the extra $650. Hurricane was probably Diamond Plated, so there's a better chance of finding a playfield in good shape. The only thing is Hurricane never saw the popularity of the first two, which is why the price is so low on them.

Comet is just hard to find with either a nice playfield, or a ramp and upper left spiral that isn't cracked to hell.

#1744 11 years ago

The main ramp is in great shape. The upper left has one bad crack/hole in it which I think I can patch sufficiently. I can see why though, that plastic is flimsy and thin.

#1745 11 years ago

I'm surprised that the Comet spiral isn't being reproduced. It's a very common machine, and it's one of the parts that always tends to be broken.

#1746 11 years ago

Apparently the rabbit/duck target decals aren't either. Found the rabbits, no luck with the ducks yet.

#1747 11 years ago

There are a few duck decals on Ebay.

ebay.com link: Cyclone Duck Round Target Decals Pinball Machine

Of course, you'd have to order 2 sets since Comet uses 4. But it never hurts to have extras lying around.

#1748 11 years ago

Planetary pinball had one set and little shop of games has the other.

#1749 11 years ago

Dracula, Elvira, No Fear tonight, right?

#1750 11 years ago

Hey thanks for keeping the website updated too, helps a bunch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.