tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 119.
#1601 11 years ago

My best advice is make your first pin a Williams or Bally System 11 game.

They have the best 'bang for the buck', parts are usually plentiful for them, they're easy to work on should something go wrong.

I'd highly recommend F-14 Tomcat, Fire, Taxi, Jokerz, Rollergames, Space Station, or Pinbot. They're the cheapest titles out there with the best gameplay.

#1602 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Cmorgan: I have a really nice Bugs Bunny for sale that you know you want. LOL. $1400 please take it.

Bugs looks fun but a bit out of budget. I may investigate the rocky and bullwinkle a bit more.

Quoted from diskoboy:

My best advice is make your first pin a Williams or Bally System 11 game.

They have the best 'bang for the buck', parts are usually plentiful for them, they're easy to work on should something go wrong.

I'd highly recommend F-14 Tomcat, Fire, Taxi, Jokerz, Rollergames, Space Station, or Pinbot. They're the cheapest titles out there with the best gameplay.

Thanks for the breakdown. Many of the pins you named I definitely like. Just have to keep my eyes open.

Every comment has been really helpful. Hopefully I will be able to post some pics soon of my first pin. Thanks again.

#1603 11 years ago

I'll be picking up Rocky and Bullwinkle Thursday, already have a deal with the guy. I am sure I can muster up $1000 by then but it is going to need some work I am sure.

CMorgan: I don't recommend buying a pin if you don't have someone to work on them or you know how to do them yourself, it's a money pit.

Also, the only reason I said $1400 is because you were talking about buying Pinbot for $1395. I can go lower on Bugs (even though I have heard it is terrible I have yet to play it even though I own it, lol), but not too much lower; the fact of the matter is you will have a hard time finding a good pinball System 11 or above for under $1000; especially all ready to go.

Jon's Space Shuttle for $795 is actually pretty decent but it's older than System 11.

#1604 11 years ago

I can't believe you're actually having trouble selling that Guns n Roses... seems like everybody is talking about that game.

#1607 11 years ago

Good seeing you guys again. Looked like a lot of folks there for the fighting tournament. I like the pin lineup a lot. I played a few times on x-men and I was pretty awful but it's a fun game. I think I'm becoming a Stern guy GC on Monster Bash. Diner is a lot of fun. Great additions all around. Hope White Water gets running again soon. I hadn't seen the T2 since it was shopped and it looks great.

#1608 11 years ago

Twilight Zone, Monster Bash, Diner... really wish I was able to come THIS weekend instead of last.

#1609 11 years ago

Glad to see all the people there at GG today. There were quite a few there for the fighting game tournament but there seemed to a good number of people there just for pinball. Several more guys showed up after Erik left that were obviously there for pins.

Somebody really needs to buy that Bugs Bunny off of Jason so he doesn't have to keep asking everybody. I did play one game on it (that never seemed to want to end) and while I certainly don't think it's as bad as some might think it's not going to win any pinball machine awards either. I do like the theme and the art and sound package is good but it would have to be pretty cheap for me to pick one up.

#1610 11 years ago

HEHE! I still love me some Twilight Zone! It was like seeing an old friend I hadn't seen in 20 years.

I had 2 games over a billion. 1.7 billion on one game, lost in the zone twice (on two different games. The second LITZ was on the first ball!)

God, I missed that machine!

#1611 11 years ago

Well after working out a deal with Rocky and Bullwinkle for Thursday the guy sold it today all of a sudden....guess that's that...

Thanks guys for coming in today!

So here is what we have left to be fixed:

Dr. Who (right flipper rebuild)
White Water (ball eject coil)
Tron (Q10 transistor + coil burned out, tested for Ohms and it is dead)

#1612 11 years ago

Oh yes and someone please buy Bugs and Guns = ) and Slugfest. LOL

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1613 11 years ago

Oh Jason, I'll bring my toolbox tuesday and do a full repair on the shooter on TZ since I have a bunch of springs and sleeves. And hopefully, we can get the fault working on Earthshaker again.

And if it hasn't sold by then, we can figure out what to do on that Cyclone.

But what type spring does the TZ use? I think all I have is red, and that'll probably be too much tension.

#1614 11 years ago

Diskoboy: No idea on type of spring at all, I have some springs myself as well if you wanted to check

#1615 11 years ago

I think it's the brown, lowest tension springs.

#1616 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

I think it's the brown, lowest tension springs.

That is correct.

#1617 11 years ago

If q10 and the coil is all that's wrong you could replace q10, desolder a lug of the coil and get it going without that lower pop.

#1618 11 years ago

Might as well rebuild both sides on Dr. Who to keep it consistent. Can't beat PBL's price.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=983

#1619 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Might as well rebuild both sides on Dr. Who to keep it consistent. Can't beat PBL's price.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=983

We're going to need more people to keep playing pinball at this rate with all of these parts, lol....

This week we did better than last week only because of that tournament yesterday.....without that I fear we will be closing 3 days a week for certain; I'm giving it one more week as it seems like the only days people are there are Fri/Sat/Sun and Tues...

#1620 11 years ago

Anything to stay in Antioch.

#1621 11 years ago

Go to 4 day. Nobody ever goes on those other days. I don't think anyone will complain.

#1622 11 years ago

Would the power savings be enough to offset this stuff if you were to go Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Tuesday?

#1623 11 years ago

Not sure, we haven't gotten our first bill yet but being closed 12 days out of the month will definitely help. One more week of this me thinks We'll see.

#1624 11 years ago

Like you I feel that pinball is a main attraction for the arcade, and would hate to see compromises like taking games out because of power costs, parts, etc.

#1625 11 years ago

I'd rather go Thursday through Sunday.

Tuesday just seems like a weird night for an arcade to be open.

I have a few flipper rebuild parts, but I know that WPC flipper assemblies are different than System 11. The only parts I don't have are the springs. The pawls and cranks can always be cleaned and re-used unless the flipper links have worn down. I also believe the coil stops are slightly different. But I have several A-12111 stops.

However I do not have coils. I used my last one rebuilding my upper flipper on my Rollergames.

#1626 11 years ago

Why did you need a coil to rebuild a flipper?

#1627 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Why did you need a coil to rebuild a flipper?

Didn't the coil burn up, or am I thinking of the Tron?

#1628 11 years ago

No I mean why did YOU need that last coil? Looks like you're holding out on us... You must be thinking of Earthshaker, the kickout coil on Tron was shorted I think.

#1629 11 years ago

LOL! The coil was too strong it was an 11629, when it should've been a 11630. It would send the ball airbourne 99% of the time as it went up the ramp. Plus it was beginning to crack the entrance of the ramp, and I don't have the cliffy protector for it yet.

The Earthshaker was working when I left last night. The F4 fuse blew, and Jason replaced it. The only thing on it that's not working is the fault. It won't open and close properly. We found a loose screw connecting the habitrail to the gear, and we think that may be the culprit. But you can't really get to it without an angled screwdriver.

#1630 11 years ago

Earthshaker also has an annoying ball hop off the left lane guide to the flipper (easily fixed), the "10' insert light is out (it's that connector to the light board or the light board itself, it's finicky), the socket to the one of the green arrows near the upper left flipper needs to be adjusted so it shines on the insert, and of course the fault.

The fault opens and closes but doesn't stay open. Thinking we should also look at that fault open switch (#43) to make sure it's closing when the coil fires.

There's our earthshaker punch list for Tuesday diskoboy! I'll bring a sack of tools. I have an angled screwdriver.

I'm going to have to hold onto Elvira and whirlwind for a month to "play test" so this doesn't happen again. Hey, T2 works great!

#1631 11 years ago

Speaking of play testing, why don't you make a video of each game to give us an idea of how it plays. Set up an overhead camera rig if you can.

#1632 11 years ago

diskoboy: The reason we open Tuesday is for our fight nights...that has been going on for a year where everyone comes in and plays games from 7-11pm. It just made sense to have a pinball night that night as well since we will have business that day regardless.

Thursday is a VERY dead day for us for some reason....both days we've pulled in less than $30 for the day....

#1633 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

No I mean why did YOU need that last coil? Looks like you're holding out on us... You must be thinking of Earthshaker, the kickout coil on Tron was shorted I think.

Nope, that actually works fine. The coil that is bad is the pop bumper bottom one that blew Q10....I actually tested that coil myself but it was pretty obvious seeing how it looks smoked, lol..but Tron is still down until that stuff is replaced.

#1634 11 years ago

Erik: Chris sold your old Revenge from Mars for $2800 on eBay, ugh. I don't understand him and his pricing sometimes, he wants $4200 then sells for $2800 which is what he probably should have asked for in the first place, all from a trade for Addams Family?

One of these days I will start selling more stuff...ONE OF THESE DAYS

#1635 11 years ago

Everyone's favorite part of a shop job.. the part nobody will ever see..

EATPM_-_Connectors_005.jpgEATPM_-_Connectors_005.jpg EATPM_-_Connectors_006.jpgEATPM_-_Connectors_006.jpg EATPM_-_Connectors_009.jpgEATPM_-_Connectors_009.jpg EATPM_-_Connectors_017.jpgEATPM_-_Connectors_017.jpg

#1636 11 years ago

Matt just likes fixing connectors =P

#1637 11 years ago

Cool. New header pins?

#1638 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Erik: Chris sold your old Revenge From Mars for $2800 on eBay, ugh. I don't understand him and his pricing sometimes, he wants $4200 then sells for $2800 which is what he probably should have asked for in the first place, all from a trade for Addams Family?
One of these days I will start selling more stuff...ONE OF THESE DAYS

Wow I think I would have just bought it back for 2800. Not sure why he didn't just offer it up to the locals.

Let me know when you're ready to sell more stuff

#1639 11 years ago

Well there is that *cough* GunsnRoses *cough* and *haaaack* BugsBunny.

dc78e0c70ae09739dc1307908aa528ba.jpgdc78e0c70ae09739dc1307908aa528ba.jpg

#1640 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Cool. New header pins?

But of course.

#1641 11 years ago

Erik: He doesn't really do that, lol...

I mean like I said, I like Chris, I think he's a great guy but he's out to make a profit which is fine, but yes, I would have bought it for $2800 too, lol...I just know he's not real big about that type of stuff (reselling locally for lower prices)

#1642 11 years ago

I'd like to one day own my own pinball machine and I'd like to have some idea of what I'm doing to maintain the machine myself without having someone else come in and fix it. You guys ever thought about having some sort of pinball machine weekly or maintainance workshop/talk at game galaxy perhaps during league night where you discuss basic maintainance of a pin or show this is how you do x or currently we have a broke coil on Whitewater this is how you handle that etc. Sounds like 4 or 5 of you have quite a bit of knowledge in this area. Just throwing it out as an idea.

#1643 11 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

I'd like to one day own my own pinball machine and I'd like to have some idea of what I'm doing to maintain the machine myself without having someone else come in and fix it. You guys ever thought about having some sort of pinball machine weekly or maintainance workshop/talk at game galaxy perhaps during league night where you discuss basic maintainance of a pin or show this is how you do x or currently we have a broke coil on Whitewater this is how you handle that etc. Sounds like 4 or 5 of you have quite a bit of knowledge in this area. Just throwing it out as an idea.

Sounds like you would really enjoy www.pinballninja.com. A $20 donation gets you access to about 600+ articles on pinball repair. The most recent 100 or so have video as well. He usually adds about 3 or 4 new repairs a week.

Also, reading through www.pinwiki.com and finding the 'Clay' repair guides will help you out greatly. We've all been there, and have the burned up coils to prove it!

#1644 11 years ago

Send me a PM with your email address wck and I'll send you some of Clay's repair guides.

#1645 11 years ago

crash: can you send some to me as well? [email protected]

#1646 11 years ago

Sent to both of you. Anyone else? I have stuff that goes as far back as Data East 1987, Williams system 9, and all solid state Gottlieb stuff but I'm missing part 1 of the Data East guide.

#1647 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Sent to both of you. Anyone else? I have stuff that goes as far back as Data East 1987, Williams system 9, and all solid state Gottlieb stuff but I'm missing part 1 of the Data East guide.

I'm pretty sure I have all of them. I'll try to bring a CD or two up to league night this week.

#1648 11 years ago

I'm kinda "meh" about pinwiki. It doesn't seem as organized as Clay's site was.

#1649 11 years ago

There are still a lot of holes (generally the exact picture or section I'm looking for), but it's getting better and has some good info.

#1650 11 years ago
Quoted from wckrusa:

THIS. I would love to learn how to repair my Black Hole. Right now it has a couple of slingshot kickers that need tweaking. Soldering 101 is probably really where I need to start.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 18.95
£ 37.00
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.