tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 119.
#1851 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The only EM I've ever played is Wild Life, which is kind of a snoozefest. But althogh I didn't grow up with them I would be interested in playing one of these at the arcade some day.

EMs are definitely hit and miss for me. But something like Jacks Open or Centigrade 37 are great games. I'm not enough of a masochist to buy and repair one though.

That's one of the cool things about the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas. I don't know anywhere else that has that many EMs. Sometimes it's like playing a history lesson, but pretty neat nonetheless.

#1852 11 years ago

Never grew up with EMs either (or pinball in general) but I played a Card Whiz a while back and it was fun. A simple but pretty brilliant layout that I had fun with. I wouldn't mind owning one.

#1853 11 years ago

I won't be getting any EMs.....too much work with the SS games as it is

#1854 11 years ago

EM's can be fun!! Of course they play slower but the challenge on many is greater than on SS games.

Here's a list of my players and project EM's, I could bring one or two up for a tournament day if requested(and weather permitting).

Players:
Abra Ca Dabra
Alladin's Castle
Capt. Fantastic
Card Whiz
Delta Queen
El Dorado
Paradise
Wizard!

Resto Projects:
King of Diamonds
Magic City
Masquerade
Olympics
Shangri-La

Also to Jason, you don't really have to fear for the EM's breaking as much as they are pretty much self sustaining once tuned correctly. Parts are cheap and so are the games themselves due to the ever-decreasing number of EM collectors. Personally I think it would be nice to have a couple from every era represented, but I realize you are running a business, not a Museum.

See you guys on Sun!

Richard

#1855 11 years ago

For the record the only EM we have works 99% perfectly other than a missing tooth in the gear of the credit reel, so it doesn't display the proper number of credits. It also tends to not always increment the ball stepper but it hasn't lost track of that in a while. And that machine has probably been sitting in the shop for 15 years untouched with a strip of awful '70s paneling paper tastelessly slapped on one side of the backbox. *shudder*

#1856 11 years ago

I'm honestly not a fan of EM's. However, I'd also love to see some more early SS games.

Maybe Space Invaders, Black Hole, Firepower, Orbitor 1, Defender, Xenon, Flash Gordon, Spectrum, or another Black Knight.

Speaking of Flash Gordon, has anyone bought the one on Craigslist yet?

#1857 11 years ago

^ I second Space Invaders although you can go play one in rough condition nearby at Uncle Pete's. Xenon intrigues me as well.

#1858 11 years ago

The last 2 times I went in there the ball was stuck under the plastic. So looks like a lazy op. I dare say it's the same guy who owns the Ripley's at The Roxy in Lebanon. People who sit on their butts and don't fix their games will not get my money. Especially with all the work I put into OUR games. Someone should make an offer on it.

#1859 11 years ago

pre System 11 games gave me problems, the only ones I really sort of were interested in are High Speed, Pinbot, Cyclone, Comet, and that's about it

Our rent is getting increased on Tuesday; basically at least what we were going to pay in the storage which is not good, we barely broke even LAST month...

#1860 11 years ago

What would be a good offering price for it? "I'll haul it off if you'll pay me to take it off your hands"?

#1861 11 years ago

Does Freeland rent the space? That's unbelievable... offer to rent space out to struggling tenants from the mall and then jack the price up. And Ben is trying to rebuild the Hickory Hollow retail scene? That's questionable. I would expect something like that from a car salesman.

#1862 11 years ago

Space shuttle... Love me some space shuttle. I want mine back.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1863 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Does Freeland rent the space? That's unbelievable... offer to rent space out to struggling tenants from the mall and then jack the price up. And Ben is trying to rebuild the Hickory Hollow retail scene? That's questionable.

They've tried revitalizing Antioch 3 times in the last 2 decades. They have failed miserably each time they try it.

They can't even gentrify the area because all the thugs and illegal aliens keep moving there. The property values are at rock bottom, but for some reason the realtors in the area charge a premium for retail spaces.

I'm honestly surprised there are ANY retail spaces left there. The resturants and gas stations are doing okay, because they are pretty much necessities. But I don't understand where these property owners get their prices from. The most expensive apartments in Antioch are near $900 for a 2 or 3 bedroom. In the surrounding areas, a one bedroom can go for almost a grand.

#1864 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Does Freeland rent the space? That's unbelievable... offer to rent space out to struggling tenants from the mall and then jack the price up. And Ben is trying to rebuild the Hickory Hollow retail scene? That's questionable. I would expect something like that from a car salesman.

Well "technically" the only place we signed is in the Best Buy, they just saw their rent check from last month and want it to be similar to Hickory Hollow and inside the Best Buy. The problem is the agreement was with electricity and electricity is separate in the proposal, which is the problem since our electricity bill was $560 last month....I'll find out more on Tuesday....I know that we are going to move everything out of the Best Buy, though, so it may be awhile before we even get in there...

#1865 11 years ago

Are you saying they have to move out all the old shelves etc. in the Best Buy building? With the current situation does this mean GG is in danger of eventually closing again? Because none of us would want to see that happen.

#1866 11 years ago

no, Best Buy is supposed to be a Global Market, that is where we are supposed to be anyway....it just won't be ready anytime soon.

#1867 11 years ago

Looks like we'll be lucky if its ready by mid-2013.

#1868 11 years ago

Mystic you better jump on this one! I see it's on your wishlist.

nashville.craigslist.org link

#1869 11 years ago

That one has spent some time enjoying the great outdoors

#1870 11 years ago

Or possibly someone used it as a boat anchor.

#1871 11 years ago

Looks like whoever owned that one cut the wrong wire.

#1872 11 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Mystic you better jump on this one! I see it's on your wishlist.
nashville.craigslist.org link

I don't know which is worse. Someone thinks that is worth $700 or that Mystic wants one.

#1873 11 years ago

That Lethal Weapon is a fake ad Rob put up. I can tell because that was the Lethal Weapon that we ripped apart (literally) and monkey stomped. Everything else in that place we picked up in one bulk buy. Lucky Seven, Tron, etc. It was out in the middle of nowhere halfway to Dickson. I am the only person that would have caught that because I was there when he took those pics. LOL

#1874 11 years ago

At least the playfield is salvagable.

But the rest belongs in a wood chipper.

#1875 11 years ago

project pin... just needs some tlc guys. Maybe a stick of dynamite.

#1876 11 years ago

We took the playfield and sold it and parts off it. And the display and boards. Display worked great, lol. Monkey stomped everything else.

#1877 11 years ago

I emailed him with an offer of $70 a couple of hours ago

#1878 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Everything else in that place we picked up in one bulk buy. Lucky Seven, Tron, etc.

Is that a Bally Corvette in there too?

#1879 11 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Is that a Bally Corvette in there too?

NVM I see it's a Checkpoint, on the LW3 did you try to salvage the playfield parts or plastics before it got stomped?

#1880 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

We took the playfield and sold it and parts off it. And the display and boards. Display worked great, lol. Monkey stomped everything else.

Checkpoint was nasty too...I was lucky to sell that for $450.

#1881 11 years ago

Sorry apparently my reading comprehension sucks!

#1882 11 years ago

I'm already thinking ahead to that Elvira I'll be shopping out this Christmas. Wish I could get to it sooner but college life, you know? I'll get plenty of pictures. It will definitely get its own thread.

#1883 11 years ago

mystic where did you get your target decals for that game?

#1884 11 years ago

Think I got them from action pinball

#1885 11 years ago

The set is sold out, what's included in the set besides drops and coffin decals? Just the gravestone target and yellow BBQ decals?

#1886 11 years ago

Exactly when are Bone Busters and Radical leaving? I'd like to play them one last time. All I got out of BB was figuring out the weird flipper buttons the hard way and thinking the buttons were broke when I tried to enter my initials. Cost me my first ball it did. Hitting a flipper that wasn't really a flipper. Bah, what lunacy.

#1887 11 years ago

They won't be leaving for awhile I am sure.

#1888 11 years ago

Oh, I thought you were hinting that they would be gone by the 18.

#1889 11 years ago

No, that is when Rob starts working.

#1890 11 years ago

hey DreamTR,
are you going to the auction in tenn this saturday. any chance you'll post what pins they have on friday night when they let you check them out? I'm considering going but have a family function in Huntsville so I may not make it. i'm looking for my first pin and want to be there but if they have a cool working budget pin, i would be interested in buying it from you.

also, is there a list of pins and arcade games at the huntsville location?

Thanks man
Pork Chop/PCE

#1891 11 years ago

Pork Chop:

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com has the latest list of stuff in Huntsville.

I won't be there in time Friday night. They are an hour ahead and I won't leave here until 4pm CST.

#1892 11 years ago

Jason the games with replacement Rottendog displays are very hard to see, Brett Davis sells foam light blockers and vinyl stickers to improve the look. Just send him an email if you're interested.

#1893 11 years ago

Which games are the tournament games this week?

#1894 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Which games are the tournament games this week?

Sept. 9th: Back to the Future, X-Men, Elvira
Sept. 16th: Fishtales, Twilight Zone, Tron
Sept. 23rd: Monster Bash, Dr. Who, Guns N’ Roses

#1895 11 years ago

whoa I predict a stinkfest for yours truly

You gonna make the trip up Richard?

#1896 11 years ago

Hey Jason have you inquired about getting the league setup to award WPPR points. It's totally free and would be a big plus for the players. I'm ready to start climbing the ladder.

#1897 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

You gonna make the trip up Richard?

If my tires hold up for the trip, gonna bring a friend this time too. He will probably kick all our asses....... except for Jamie obvs.

#1898 11 years ago

Someone needs to fix that lock switch on Elvira then.

#1899 11 years ago

I'm sure the switch on Elvira will be fine= P If not, it's challenge mode!

fumbleflippers: I don't know what that WPPR is, if you want to inquire about it, by all means go ahead....I wouldn't really know what to do/how to start.

At the auction right now....some highlights just for Friday Night:

Simpsons Pinball Party
Black Hole
Police Force
Spider-Man
NBA Fastbreak x 2
Fish Tales
Rescue 911
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
X-Men LE Magneto

#1900 11 years ago

WPPR stands for World Pinball Player Ranking, basicly you just run software or keep scores for all players and the players get to be ranked worldwide.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/

http://www.ifpapinball.com/top-menu/ifpa-leagues

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

£ 39.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 38.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.