tron-topper (resized).jpg
rivit-press (resized).jpg
long-nose-stapler (resized).jpg
17073 (1) (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160507_135259_(resized).jpg
the-end_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 119.
#2301 11 years ago

Crash, I usually don't get there until later in the afternoon on weekends. Usually around 3:30-ish. But yeah, LW3 does have a few minor issues. It defenitely needs a flipper rebuild, and a few switches are a bit wonky.

In other news, WH20 is down again. A ramp completely broke and balls were getting stuck. I gave Jason the link to get a replacement.

And just incase you erased it, Jason, it's the suicide falls ramp at www.pinballinc.com

Or just google pinball inc.

#2302 11 years ago

Starting to look like something. I need to order the playfield glass guides and route the channel for them. Then mount the pc, contacts, boards, etc... After that I get to tear it all down to prep and paint.
Those boards are resistor banks for the flashers. A member at the hyperspin forum had the bare boards made and I had to solder in all the components. Three hours and 140 solder joints later there complete!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2303 11 years ago

Crash: Surprisingly diskoboy was there right as you left I think =P

I'll order some more parts.

Anyone want to purchase Bone Busters?

#2304 11 years ago

Bone Busters has CoinTaker LEDs, will be on ebay/CraigsList shortly, also available for trade...

WhiteWater ramp is going to be ghetto taped for now (I don't even want to hear about it) because the ramp is $120. Eventually I'll get the ramp but I might just get the game super shopped out when that happens.....

#2305 11 years ago

part it out...

#2306 11 years ago

Monopoly about done. Few things to finish up on whirlwind and she'll be back at GG for your playing pleasure after a long time away. I know Jason has missed her.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2307 11 years ago

Hey Jason, those Cliffy Protectors I showed you today might not go on your ramps because it looks like the part that it's supposed to attach to was the part that broke.

But here's the link to order one.

http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=1185

I honestly believe "ghettoing" the ramp will only make the problem worse in the long run. And I've been saying it for a while now, but something really needs to be done about the game constantly getting airballs. It's not good for the ramps or playfield.

#2308 11 years ago

That game is cursed, or it's standing on some sort of cursed ground. Get it out while you can!

#2309 11 years ago

I don't know how many of you saw the results for the Winston Salem auction. They do seem to be better prices than Kingsport for whatever reason. Still...

A link to results/commentary from Pinball Bash.

http://pinballbash.com/forum/index.php?topic=13250.30

#2310 11 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I don't know how many of you saw the results for the Winston Salem auction. They do seem to be better prices than Kingsport for whatever reason. Still...
A link to results/commentary from Pinball Bash.
http://pinballbash.com/forum/index.php?topic=13250.30

$4000 for a NIB X-Men pro? Someone just scored an awesome deal.

The POTC actuallly went for more, and that just scares me.

#2311 11 years ago

X-men goes for 4300 nib anyway, Add fees and tax and not so great.

#2312 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Hey Jason, those Cliffy Protectors I showed you today might not go on your ramps because it looks like the part that it's supposed to attach to was the part that broke.
But here's the link to order one.
http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=1185
I honestly believe "ghettoing" the ramp will only make the problem worse in the long run. And I've been saying it for a while now, but something really needs to be done about the game constantly getting airballs. It's not good for the ramps or playfield.

So i need a cliffy and a new ramp?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2313 11 years ago

There are two holes on top the entrance of the ramp that the cliffy protectors screw into. That's the part of your ramp that broke off.

wh20cliffy2.jpgwh20cliffy2.jpg

The new ramps are made a tiny bit thicker than the originals to prevent problems like this. But Cliffy Protectors are like armor for your ramp.

A new ramp by itself should be fine for a while, but you'd definitely want to invest in Cliffy Protectors on down the road for that added layer of protection.

#2314 11 years ago

Are you still thinking about moving or are we good here? That turnout was pretty good.
Looks like Baywatch is getting played at Bonker's...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2315 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Are you still thinking about moving or are we good here? That turnout was pretty good.
Looks like Baywatch is getting played at Bonker's...

The only reason for the turnout was because of the tournament. That has nothing to do with the issues at the business which are still the same.

#2316 11 years ago

diskoboy: that shooter thing you put on Addams Family apparently has made the game "worse" now, as it is not getting up barely even to the Graveyard now.

#2317 11 years ago

Well yeah of course, but I was wondering if the tourneys were putting a good dent in the situation.

#2318 11 years ago

No because that was a mostly out of towner tourney and i had to give 2250 out of pocket to get them in there

#2319 11 years ago

tell me you wiped that thing down Crash.. poor Pamela..

#2320 11 years ago

Didn't have any Novus with us. Usually do.

#2321 11 years ago

only black pepper and wirenuts in the truck.. I see what kinda TN op you are..

#2322 11 years ago

Hey at least it's not as bad as "chicken fried chicken!" My gosh... you should see our shop, LOL! I spent all day sorting out the pure junk from the usuable junky parts.

#2323 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Didn't have any Novus with us. Usually do.

Recently bought a machine from a guy who said he kept his machine real clean with Pledge.

Luckily, mylared and no damage.

#2324 11 years ago

Done.

2012-10-15_19-08-08_359.jpg2012-10-15_19-08-08_359.jpg
2012-10-15_19-38-26_710.jpg2012-10-15_19-38-26_710.jpg

And yes, I cleaned the dust on the gumball flasher plastics

#2325 11 years ago

Looks good. I'd do the back box too though, looks yellow now with all those playfield LEDs.

Monopoly done.. Whew that was a fast one.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2326 11 years ago

Actually, the backbox was LED'ed.

That brown is from being in a smokey enviornment. I forgot to mention - this TZ was from that dive bar in Donelson that someone spotted a few months ago.

#2327 11 years ago

Ugh, thats a lot of smoke.

#2328 11 years ago

I live pretty close to Donelson near the airport, so I'm curious what dive bar that TZ came from. Looking nice!

#2329 11 years ago

I didn't even bother to catch the name of it. It was off Donelson Pike on Allen Rd.

A literal hole-in-the-wall.

They also had a High Speed machine that was in mediocre shape. The owner was playing it when we came in to pick it up.

#2330 11 years ago

Thankfully you rescued it!

#2331 11 years ago

Today is the last day of League III...

after this it is going to be awhile before we have another

#2332 11 years ago

No holiday league...

#2333 11 years ago
Quoted from MWC:

live pretty close to Donelson near the airport, so I'm curious what dive bar that TZ came from. Looking nice!

I think its called "the Pub"..their was a High Speed there 2 years ago when I was there..never saw a TZ or Monopoly tho..

#2334 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Today is the last day of League III...

after this it is going to be awhile before we have another

How about just going to a monthly/bi-monthly tournament (on a weekend day) that will give everyone a chance to plan accordingly, the turnout should be a lot better I would imagine.

Also a local Memphis collector has some nice stuff up for grabs here. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mm-afm-elvis-diner-more%E2%80%A6in-memphis-tn.
He's got a hell of a nice collection going on over at his place.

#2335 11 years ago

Spent the last 2 and a half days going through shop junk. Rusty balls... in the trash.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2336 11 years ago

TZ68: Twilight Zone was there, it was hidden away when you walk in to the left. I didn't see it at first either.

That Jurassic Park on Craigs List is a joke. Working and in excellent condition? Try rusty ramp, needing a shopout bad, no way to open the backglass, water damaged in the back, and it is not even playable (stuck in some weird Audit test mode), complete and utter trash. The guy kept saying he could get his guy to shop it out for $300 and he had a $2400 offer on it.

Wow. His "guy" at Hermitage Lanes is going to charge a hell of a lot more once he sees that mess, wow. Stay away. $1000 max is what I would pay.

#2337 11 years ago

Also, someone else will have to take over the tournaments, the numbers just are not there but I have no problem with someone else taking them over (Aaron may be doing this)....

#2338 11 years ago

Oh fumbleflippers, someone has a cabinet I need to get from Memphis soon. Was not sure if you were planning on coming down this way but I can pay you for the delivery and gas if you wanted to make some bucks and play all the free pins you want. It's a 32 inch LCD Japanese arcade machine...

#2339 11 years ago

Triple post much? Aaron I like the way you do the tournaments, we will have to schedule something one Saturday because I know you guys miss me.

#2340 11 years ago

Anybody have any tips on getting a pin up carpeted stairs. Looks like ill be bringing home a near mint DM tomorrow.

#2341 11 years ago

Congrats myork! Did you buy the one in Louisville?

As for getting it up stairs, its not fun. TRUST ME!! And to make matters worse, you're getting a widebody.

But when you do, it may be easiest to have 3 or 4 big, burly guys to help you. 2 on each end since widebody pins are HEAVY! And make sure you have gatorade on hand! And possibly tools to remove the backbox so it will fit through doorways.

#2342 11 years ago

Yeah I did it once by using an electric winch and I wouldn't try it again. Now I just take the backbox off and the pf out and carry it in 3 large parts. Takes a couple hours but no danger. disko's right, widebodies are brutal.

#2343 11 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

TZ68: Twilight Zone was there, it was hidden away when you walk in to the left. I didn't see it at first either.
That Jurassic Park on Craigs List is a joke. Working and in excellent condition? Try rusty ramp, needing a shopout bad, no way to open the backglass, water damaged in the back, and it is not even playable (stuck in some weird Audit test mode), complete and utter trash. The guy kept saying he could get his guy to shop it out for $300 and he had a $2400 offer on it.
Wow. His "guy" at Hermitage Lanes is going to charge a hell of a lot more once he sees that mess, wow. Stay away. $1000 max is what I would pay.

Yeah. I went with Jason and Brandon to look at it, so I can vouch for it's nastiness.

Game boots into audit mode. Dirt Dawber nest on the rear of the cab. Nasty playfield. Rust on the blue steel of one of the ramp flaps (and it takes ALOT to make blue steel rust), Water damage. No backbox keys (but I think he was lying because I think he didn't want us to see the boards. He said it hadn't been played in years, so I'm willing to bet there's battery acid damage.

At least the dinosaur somewhat worked.

#2344 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

Congrats myork! Did you buy the one in Louisville?
As for getting it up stairs, its not fun. TRUST ME!! And to make matters worse, you're getting a widebody.
But when you do, it may be easiest to have 3 or 4 big, burly guys to help you. 2 on each end since widebody pins are HEAVY! And make sure you have gatorade on hand! And possibly tools to remove the backbox so it will fit through doorways.

Yep I got the one in Louisville from Celiac502. From the tons of pics he sent me the playfield is mint! The only thing wrong is the cab has some fad, but its not horrible. Its already been gone over, has a bunch of new parts, and led's so its ready to go.

The stairs are going to be a PITA for sure. There's a rental place in town that will hopefully have a stair climbing dolly. HOPEFULLY!! If not I figure a regular fridge dolly and 4 guys on it + beer should make short work of it. I've read about the wrap it in a blanket and hook straps to the cab and slide it up, but that seems like it could get out of control quick! I have a straight shot of one flight of stairs so i'm hoping its somewhat hassle free considering the situation.

Just so you guys know this is all Pintucky's fault haha!!

#2345 11 years ago

I bet you can rent one of those appliance/stair-climbing dollys at Home Depot or Lowes.

Nice pickup by the way. I moved two machines last night, one being a demo man and I can attest it was WAY heavier that the normal size pin we moved. Speaking of, time for some ibuprofen, my back hurts. But at least my garage is now down to 3!

#2346 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

But at least my garage is now down to 3!

Does that mean you finished Whirlwind?

#2347 11 years ago

No, he has Monopoly out of his garage

#2348 11 years ago

DM is in the house or should I say the garage! In my noob opinion it looks great. If I had a new right side back box decal it would be damn near perfect. The playfield really shines and the ramps are crystal clear! Hopefully I can get it up to my game room this weekend so I can play it more. I played two games before we loaded it and got owned!!! Total failure!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2349 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Does that mean you finished Whirlwind?

Means I can now finish whirlwind.

#2350 11 years ago

Any Nashvillains at the expo?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 249.00
$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 119.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.