20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg
There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 23.
#551 5 years ago

The penguins are soft and Mike Sullivan is getting outcoached. The Islanders are getting under their skin. The Penguins reading their own press has caught up with them. They have been my team since 91 but it is obvious they aren't gonna go far this year.

#552 5 years ago

I agree islanders out coached and Barzal was a killer. Scrum in the end may have woken up Malkin. He looked disinterested prior to that. Penguins offence were running around alot .nice job recchi...
Letang plays too much and a liability in his own end. Like giving the puck away and useless around his own net.

#553 5 years ago

I should add Crosby was the best player on the ice besides Barzal. What's his face causing all the crap at the end with brutal hit on Malkin is a dead man.

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I agree islanders out coached and Barzal was a killer. Scrum in the end may have woken up Malkin. He looked disinterested prior to that. Penguins offence were running around alot .nice job recchi...
Letang plays too much and a liability in his own end. Like giving the puck away and useless around his own net.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I should add Crosby was the best player on the ice besides Barzal. What's his face causing all the crap at the end with brutal hit on Malkin is a dead man.

Yeah to Crosby’s credit he still is playing at a high level. Problem is, other than Getzel, the team relies on him way too much to make things happen.

Malkin, all you need to do with him is hit him every chance you get. He can’t stand being hit. He’ll slash n pout. Gets him completely off his game and takes asinine penalties.

Maybe you hit on something with LeTang, he’s just being played way too much and he’s tired. I don’t know but he’s not having a positive impact at all. He also is not playing position at all, he constantly follows the puck.

Lastly, look back at the pens past cup victories. You had players like Hornqvist, Talbot and Sheary scoring goals. Pens don’t have those type of players right now.

As for TB .... damn that President’s Cup curse might be legit. To the BJ’s credit, they put a good team together at the trade deadline.

#555 5 years ago

Overtime nashville better than leaf game

#556 5 years ago

Nylander....what the heck was that?

#557 5 years ago

Leafs are getting stomped

#558 5 years ago

10am (MST) playoff game today. Brought to you by Gary Bettman. What a moron!

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:10am (MST) playoff game today. Brought to you by Gary Bettman. What a moron!

9am here .... nothing like coffee w hockey.

#560 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

- Islanders beats Pens in 6

So I am one that will admit when I am wrong .... Isles in 4

#561 5 years ago

Yes watched all the games tonight and knew the Pens would lose today but thought they would show up and play more then the first 10mins. Just hard to believe and too much wrong and defense Breakdowns. Might be the end of our runs and miss playoffs next year.

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yes watched all the games tonight and knew the Pens would lose today but thought they would show up and play more then the first 10mins. Just hard to believe and too much wrong and defense Breakdowns. Might be the end of our runs and miss playoffs next year.

Rutherford needs to go. He has done nothing in the past two seasons. This year's acquisitions were a joke! I mean Gudbranson, Johnson and Bjugstad were his big deals and the NHL GMs had to be laughing at him.

Sullivan's 3rd line is Kessel, Bjugstad and Wilson/McCann .... 3 out of the 4 are 4th liners at best!

Pens will be the first team eliminated this year and being swept......this won't sit well with Lemieux so I would expect firings/trades to happen in the off season.

#563 5 years ago

There really isn't that much to comment on, the Pens have the worst defense I've seen in years. Utterly pathetic.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There really isn't that much to comment on, the Pens have the worst defense I've seen in years. Utterly pathetic.

Yeah, you look at their Top 3 Defensemen and you're looking at LeTank, Maata and Dumoulin. LeTank and Maata REALLY struggle on Defense. Both are very good offensively but struggle (being kind) on D. Dumoulin is probably their best Defensive Defensemen and he has struggled. Penguins appear to have the mentality that they have the offensive power to outscore teams and they just arent doing it!

#565 5 years ago

Yep you can do that in the regular season but dries up on the playoffs. Last 2 cups were great defensive...everyone chipping in.
All credit to Isles goalie...im sure I'm not the only one having flashbacks to 2013 Eastern finals against Tukka Rask?

I appreciate Letang thinking he's still as good as he was 10 years ago, but it's time to wake the fuck up.

Edit: is Hal Gill still in the league so we csn speed up this defense a bit

#566 5 years ago

Kadri out for remainder of the series!
Thornton, IMO, whould be out the remainder of SJ series.

Two just blatant cheap shots!

#567 5 years ago

Ovie w/ the KO!!

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah, you look at their Top 3 Defensemen and you're looking at LeTank, Maata and Dumoulin. LeTank and Maata REALLY struggle on Defense. Both are very good offensively but struggle (being kind) on D. Dumoulin is probably their best Defensive Defensemen and he has struggled. Penguins appear to have the mentality that they have the offensive power to outscore teams and they just arent doing it!

Letang, kessel, and Hornqvist need to move along. Pens played more composed on both ends of the ice when Letang was our injured.

I find it interesting that Sullivan has turned into the NHL’s version of Beyonce....no one dares to say a bad word about him. I get it...pens have had lots of injuries this year. And trades shook things up, and personnel had to adjust. But when two of your top three stars (Malkin and kessel) on offense are constantly shuffled around with different line combinations, how can there be any consistency, period?

The pens system has the forwards grinding hard down low and defense pinching in to support that. Which leaves open the counter attack and odd man rushes.

They either need to win 4 in a row and make history, or lose and let me get in with my life. Haha!

3B58C585-D790-4544-81F8-12A623E695F2 (resized).jpeg3B58C585-D790-4544-81F8-12A623E695F2 (resized).jpeg
#569 5 years ago

LEAFS WIN 3-2! Great game
Andersen was solid stopping 36 shots and Kapanen was all over the place and pesky. Tavares is such a nice player to watch, so smart without the puck.
2 huge blocks by Marner as time ran out
Well deserved win.

#570 5 years ago

The pens system has the forwards grinding hard down low and defense pinching in to support that. Which leaves open the counter attack and odd man rushes.

Also agree your point about Kessel line shuffle

#571 5 years ago

Not placing blame but it's interesting to see that the Penguins under Rutherford did win Championship when he first came here BUT look at where they're now..... they're still playing the same system they did in 2016-17 and all of the NHL has caught on. They have made some of the worst acquisitions in the NHL and their farm team, one of the best prior to him coming on, has failed to make the playoffs!

When you see teams get into the playoffs most turn their game up several notches, the Penguins were playing their best to get into the playoffs!

On another note.....I don't think teams in the West are strong enough to win this year and the way it's setting up we may see the Caps win another. IMO last year the Caps weren't the best team but the way things fell for them they won. This year is shaping up to be the same!

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

They either need to win 4 in a row and make history, or lose and let me get in with my life. Haha!

How would that be making history? Its happened in the NHL 4 times, the Kings did it 5 years ago on the way to a cup.

Anyfart, the Caps got clowned tonight and thats the most important thing.

#573 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

On another note.....I don't think teams in the West are strong enough to win this year and the way it's setting up we may see the Caps win another. IMO last year the Caps weren't the best team but the way things fell for them they won. This year is shaping up to be the same!

Well they need to learn how to shoot again. Holy shit that was ugly last night.

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Well they need to learn how to shoot again. Holy shit that was ugly last night.

Maybe those former Penguins players are having a negative impact ..... the Penguins pass, pass, pass, pass then pass then try to pass through 2 players then shoo....nope cause the puck is going the other way.

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Maybe those former Penguins players are having a negative impact ..... the Penguins pass, pass, pass, pass then pass then try to pass through 2 players then shoo....nope cause the puck is going the other way.

Haha. Caps have always done that. Always looking for highlight reel goals. They need the 3rd and 4th lines to start chipping in. Also that PP is abysmal. Not giving up and throwing the towel in but hope they get it together.

#576 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Haha. Caps have always done that. Always looking for highlight reel goals. They need the 3rd and 4th lines to start chipping in. Also that PP is abysmal. Not giving up and throwing the towel in but hope they get it together.

LOL are you talking about the Penguins or the Caps ??? Hard to complain about the Pens PP as they finished 5th overall this year but how is it you're 2nd in PPG on the road and 29th at home??? We wont talk about the 15 SHG

#577 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

LOL are you talking about the Penguins or the Caps ??? Hard to complain about the Pens PP as they finished 5th overall this year but how is it you're 2nd in PPG on the road and 29th at home??? We wont talk about the 15 SHG

Caps haha. Only time I really watch the pens outside of the playoffs is when they play the caps.

#578 5 years ago

Columbus up 2-0 in the first period. Pierre McGuire is yelling like a madman.

#579 5 years ago

The crowd in Columbus are chanting "CBJ!"

At least chant a players name or something creative, lol

#580 5 years ago

Congrats to Columbus for sweeping the Tampa Bay Lightning!!

So many playoff brackets are now busted!!

#581 5 years ago

Good news for the ousted Pens n Bolt fans ....... golf is worth watching again with Woods playing up to par (get it)!!!!

What was harder to watch was the pens facing elimination and still trying to slow the play down.....pass, pass, pass, pass. Oh wait 3 min left in the season pass, shot and its blocked. Repeat

#582 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

What was harder to watch was the pens facing elimination and still trying to slow the play down.....pass, pass, pass, pass...

Same shit diff'rent decade

#583 5 years ago

No Pens showed up to play tonight and especially the 3rd period where they did nothing. Glad it’s over and did not expect a win, still a fan but can’t understand the sweep and wasteland playing of all 4 games. Had them picked to win this round and lose in next. Still watched all the games tonight and will continue even though my Pens out.

#584 5 years ago

Grateful to hockey and the NHL where an actual upset can, and does, occur in the opening round!

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

still a fan but can’t understand the sweep and wasteland playing of all 4 games.

I am with ya, always a fan and even renewed my season tickets but not pleased as to the performance of this team. There was no intensity whatsoever and just seem so disinterested in being there. Penguins need to make changes and, as I said before, it needs to start with Rutherford. The acquisitions he has made the last two years has the other GMs laughing at him. Not to mention the farm team is also now losing (missed playoffs).

I found myself switching over to the BJ/Bolts game during the Pens as that game was more entertaining. Bolts didn't go down without a fight!

The Jets game, what I saw of it, was good as well especially for a low scoring game. Good to see the Jets tie that series up.

#586 5 years ago

#587 5 years ago

Pens Gone , Tampa ...next Flames????

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Pens Gone , Tampa ...next Flames????

Sharks

#589 5 years ago

The perennial playoff losers

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The perennial playoff losers

I can hear the Jaws music playing as I read your post!

Canes out to quick lead!

#591 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I can hear the Jaws music playing as I read your post!
Canes out to quick lead!

Schvenikov or whatever his name getting TKO'd was the best thing to happen to the Canes this series. It woke them up!!

#592 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Schvenikov or whatever his name getting TKO'd was the best thing to happen to the Canes this series. It woke them up!!

Agree, typically it wakes up the team that wins the fight!

Have to give Ovie credit though, he KO'd him and there was no celebration from him or any asinine behavior. If anything Ovie looked disappointed that he may have really hurt the guy!

#593 5 years ago

So nice when your Lady brings home a treat!

1555630614354-515238596 (resized).jpg1555630614354-515238596 (resized).jpg
#594 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

So nice when your Lady brings home a treat!
[quoted image]

where's the treat??? All I see is a case of Molson!!!!

#596 5 years ago

Not like you with half naked women fanning you with a palm leaf as you look over the ocean !!

#597 5 years ago
88636A30-3C73-4777-A633-22B3CA1C0CD1 (resized).jpeg88636A30-3C73-4777-A633-22B3CA1C0CD1 (resized).jpeg
#598 5 years ago

Ugh Winnipeg. Story of their season....blowing leads left and right.

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Ugh Winnipeg. Story of their season....blowing leads left and right.

Did you see the penguins this year?

Thanks to the Sharks for letting me down!!

#600 5 years ago

Calgary .... welcome to the early golf season.

There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.