20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 5 years ago

Maata benched and Murray out with 3rd concussion in 3 years .... yeah Penguins off to a brilliant start

2 weeks later
#93 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Looks like the Flyers are having another "rebuilding year". Anybody else thinking this could be the final year for Hakstol?

Hakstol isnt the issue! I think as long as they have the likes of Clarke, Hextall and Holmgren they wont win!

1 week later
#104 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Well I know there have been some goalies complaining about some of the equipment changes they have had to endure.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/impact-smaller-nhl-goalie-equipment-scoring/
Smaller goalie equipment may help with the high scoring. Combine that with bad goaltending, which we've seen.....and it's no wonder the goals are up!

Yeah the complaint is ...... the equipment doesn't take up as much space! It's complete BS that the equipment doesn't protect the goalies. For the last decade you had goalies that were 180lbs looking as though they were 270lbs.

#105 5 years ago

BTW ---- Matt Murray needs a glove that is 3' wide as he's getting burned so bad over the glove hand!

3 weeks later
#152 5 years ago

Flyers finally make a good move in firing Ron Hextall. Now get rid of Clarke and Flyers will be headed in the right direction.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

You misspelled Paul Holmgren.

Yeah him too! know it's taboo to say but the Flyers need to severe all ties with the Broad Street Bullies days and move forward.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

That thing looks awesome.
I would think that it would be of reasonable quality

I don't know as most of the cheaper ones like this have a particle board for a surface and they wear quickly. After so much use the particle board breaks down for the underside. Not certain this is the case for this machine but if you look at the slots you can see the surface is not a solid material so leaning towards that it's a particle board.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Out of curiosity do you know what a chexx is made out of?

I don't. You could probably ask ICE or maybe put a post up on https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey

It's a durable solid plastic material and is not a coating... Never seen them break other than by the goalie area!

1 week later
#181 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Fucking karma strikes Tom Wilson!!
Thank you Ryan Reaves!
** The League just announced there will be no discipline for the hit

the announcer saying it was blind side hit ..... he's partially right .... it was a hit to his side!

4 weeks later
#204 5 years ago

Am I the only one that doesn't care about the All Star Game? They were making a big deal on NBCSports last night but man watching the All Star Game is just boring despite the NHL's attempt to change it up! I think all sports should abandon the All Star Game, especially the NFL!

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Ovechkin is skipping the all Star game and will serve a one game suspension for it. I know it's probably to take a break with his family and rest....but it's a nice slap in the face to the NHL.

Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Carey Price is skipping too, but it seems to be the team that decided on it, to give him some rest as he's dealing with a minor nagging injury.
Its interesting, because if Weber isn't voted in, then the Canadiens won't have a representative at the All Star game.
Better bring back John Scott.

Ironic that a few years ago Crosby was criticized for skipping now it's acceptable to skip. Price I certainly understand as he is fighting off an injury. With Ovie I wonder if there is something more than him just wanting to rest. Ovie has always been very pro All Star and he always appeared to have fun there. I think the past few All Star games Ovie and PK have been the fun ones to watch.

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Now I keep reading that the Flyers are shopping Wayne Simmonds around =(
That'd probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I wounldnt mind having Simmonds on the Penguins!

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Will the Pens be active on trade deadline?

Man I hope so as if they aren't it will be another early exit!

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Pens are walking a fine line right now...they look so dang deep on paper, that they almost have to make a deal. 8 deep on defense with Schulz about to return. Riikola looks like real deal. Brassard has caused havoc with line juggling to get him going. Great seeing Murray healthy and playing well. Seems like every team that they have been running up against are hot as heck. Looking forward, March schedule looks brutal! Whoever emerges from the East for the finals would have to be favorites in Stanley Cup.

Yeah 2-5 on the West Coast trip 3 of the teams with fewer wins then the Pens. Phoenix they squeaked out or it would've been 1 out of 5. Letang is one of the best offensive defense-men in the league but one of the worse defensive defense-man. He has turned over the puck over so many times it's brutal. Need Malkin to step up ... he's been quiet too long!

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Oiler fans in the city are losing their minds!!!

Don't blame them. Last year I thought the Oilers were 1 year away (this year) from being a really good team and making it to at least the second round.

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not sure but did not look like anything special on Friday night when I saw them against Coyotes.

interesting read ...... https://mynhltraderumors.com/expect-another-trade-by-the-pittsburgh-penguins/2019/01/21/

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

What are they saying in oil country in regards to names for a new GM? Does Mike Gillis come up? With the trade deadline approaching, I keep hearing Mike Ferlunds name..he’s having a pretty good year w the Canes, and I know a lot of teams would like to have him..

Just heard last night Sutters name thrown into the hat

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Nothing will change until the likes of Nicholson, Gretzky(s), Lowe, McTavish etc....are gone.
Enough of these glory day hanger arounders!! Clean friggin' house Darryl Katz!!!

We're starting to see this with the Penguins. . . . Reechi, Taglinetti kid(sp), Guerrin, Stevens, Gonchar...... it's like if you're an older Penguin from the 90s through current and need a job .... no need to apply just come on in!

3 weeks later
#299 5 years ago

See there is no hockey god

#352 5 years ago

Erik Gudbranson from VAN to PIT for Pearson is the rumor! This should help the penguins finish 9th!

#355 5 years ago

The Simmonds hit I’m on the fence about. I don’t feel he set out to cheap shot Dumo (I’m a pens fan). I also don’t feel Simmonds left his feet. The issue becomes the fact that Simmonds Hit did in fact have his should hit Dumo’s head and by today’s NHL “standards” it’s a hit to the head thus a penalty.

So my post is just like that of the NHL’s answer to a lot of things ....no answer at all!!!

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I can’t believe that the pens picked Up Gudbranson..he has the worst + - in the league!

He’ll fit perfectly in with the Pens mentality that you put everything into the Offensive side. Dumo is the only top Defensive Defenseman on the team. LeTang, although one of the best Offensive Defensemen in the league, is mediocre at best when it comes to Defense.

Very disappointed last two seasons with what the pens picked up but even more so with the mentality that the team they have is good enough to win.

Lemieux has always spent up to the cap and did what he could do to have a winning team so it makes it harder to understand what’s going on the last two seasons. IF they make the playoffs it will be an early exit (1st round)!

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

A hot goaltender in playoffs is all u need.

Penguins don’t have that either.

#371 5 years ago

Lol - I hear ya. Just frustrating to see a good core of players and be a few players short of a contender to get players like Brassard, Gudbranson, Johnson .... just not good pickups. Also getting Cullen back .... no other team even sent an offer for him, rather they had signed Jagr.

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

And still lost tonight

Yeah need a little time for new guys to settle in. 20 games left so if they're going to make the playoffs they need to settle quickly. One thing with Columbus is ..... If they don't make the playoffs it won't be the coaches fault, it never is with that guy.

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Tort's seems to be in a good mood lately...

Wait and see what happens when they lose to Philly tonight

1 week later
#404 5 years ago

$50 says Tort bitches about the refs in post game!!!

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Around here we refer to Tort's as the horse's ass of hockey.

He's had some EXCELLENT Teams over the years and to only win one cup is well ..... not his fault of course! Would love to see the Habs knock Columbus out of the playoffs!

#421 5 years ago

Leafs are looking bad! Only 8 pts away from being knocked out of the playoffs with 1 less game to play then the others!

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

That depends on Carey Price

Price has me shaking my head with some of the goals he has let in.

#430 5 years ago

Lucic .... some never know when it’s time to retire!

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Yes sir!
Friday entitles you to more than just one.

Some interesting games on tap (see what I did there) tonight!

#441 5 years ago

Leafs were flying in the first but all Flyers now!

#444 5 years ago

Pens D have more turnovers then Penguins have SOG

#446 5 years ago

NHL’s original clown!

#450 5 years ago

Waiting for the Pens to hopefully rebound against the Flyers today. Watching it with my good friends and ones a Flyers fan or a Bruins fan, always a wild time. Got us this nice thick frosty mugs for Xmas from NHL.com site.
[quoted image]

So much for rebounding

#452 5 years ago

Watched the Oilers/Knights game..... Oilers gave up 6 goals with 3 of them being a result of turnovers and 2 odd man breaks...... they just shoot themselves in the foot. It's like watching the Penguins!

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

At the end of the season most teams are battling hard to get that playoff spot.
At the end of the season the Oilers battle hard to get that #1 draft pick.

This is what the Penguins did in the early 2000s hence they got Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Staal, (gulp) LeTank. It worked out well for the Pens (3 Cups). So hang in there as the Oilers are a few #1s away!

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Malkin is out and listed week-to-week.

Has to be a result of the cross-check from Bertuzzo.

LeTank is back though so Pens have their main pylon back on defense!

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

A chance babs will be toast if the Leafs whimper out of the playoffs. I'm told the players don't like him but he's won cups and so has tortz and Kernan, probably the hardest of all asses

I thought about this as well but the Leafs are young team and I would think it would be premature to get rid of him. I said it last year, somewhere on here, that I felt the Leafs and Oilers were still a few years out from making an impact. I think you give him another year and if they don't make it to the playoffs or don't have a strong season at the 50 game mark, then you have to sever ties with him!

As for the Oilers ..... I feel the Office is their issue. They let some good talent go for little in return. I retract my statement for them

#472 5 years ago

Did you guys hear about the press conference oilers ceo bob Nicholson had? He basically said that the reason they missed the playoffs was Toby reider. He actually said that if reider has scored 10-12 goals, they’d have made the playoffs.

So you're heading to a Press Conference and that's the reason you come up with for not making the playoffs .... that's just pathetic. Be one thing if it was a question at the moment but apparently the CEO went to the conference with that reason!

on another note.....congrats to Subban on his first SO !!

#475 5 years ago

Price looking great against Carolina

#480 5 years ago

Hoping Habs (Price) can beat Jets tonight and Preds beat BJ

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Got half your wish...price was spectacular

Yeah but Habs have a tough schedule ahead (TB, Wash and Leafs) and BJ (Bos, OTT, NYR) have the easiest of the three teams left for those two wild card spots. So be tough for Habs to make it!

#488 5 years ago

Some big games on tap for tonight..... Habs / Caps probably the biggest .... see if the Habs can pull out a big win. If they do it will put them 1 point behind 6th place.

Pens vs Detroit - Detroit playing some solid hockey but early report is Pens to get Malkin and LeTank back today!

Isles vs FLA - Not really a big game but if FLA wins and the Pens win it puts the Pens tied with FLA for 5th. However, the Leafs have a tough one vs TB and if the Leafs would lose then we can have a 3 way tie for 4th

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’m curious if you’re a Canadian w dual citizenship..I just can’t think of to many people from that area that are into hockey like you...

I am actually from Pittsburgh and just moved out to CA for a few years. Still have season tickets for the Penguins. No dual citzenship but I use to go to QC every year to sled if that counts

#491 5 years ago

Habs just gave caps first goal
and Weber scores PPG to tie it up.

#493 5 years ago

So habs lost, CAR won, and NYI won. Was hoping for opposite so the East would be more clogged up.

#506 5 years ago

Great place to listen to a hockey game ......

11FCC1A9-2A3E-4C55-ADDA-AAC9FFF0A099 (resized).jpeg11FCC1A9-2A3E-4C55-ADDA-AAC9FFF0A099 (resized).jpeg

Unless your a Pens fan listening to them blowing a 2 goal lead with few minutes left in the game then losing in OT. ISLES in 6

#508 5 years ago

Awww, come on!!!!???? Have you no faith in a fully healthy, experienced and hungry Penguins team? Maybe you should stay in Cali, hipster! Haha!

LOL nah always a fan but also not delusional. Pens lack on Defense (defensively) big time. LeTank (horrible defensively) and Maata (just so slow) are great offensively but lack on D. Pens need to score 4+ goals a game to win and they just are doing it.

Also, look at the last month or so and see the teams the pens lost too... Rangers, Wings, Sabres, Canes .... all teams below them in the standings. On paper Pens have a great team.... on the ice they’re average.

Just my 2 cents (5 cents Canadian ) early exit this year I would think you have to shake things up and trade off some of the older vets like Kessel, LeTank or even Malkin.

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Go Jets! I would love if they meet the Pens in the cup. It would be fun since a close friend of mine is a transplant from Pitt and die hard pens fan.

Would love to see this too but I think the Jets are another year away from being a contender and Pens are at least a year past being a contender.

You may forget that they also stopped Bruins long winning streak,

Yeah but don't forget the Bruins played without two key players that game and lost a D-man in the game.

beat the capitals and stopped their winning streak, schooled Montreal

Agree they beat the Caps but as for Montreal....can't be too excited beating a team that's below you in the standings!

Like you, I would love to see them win another Cup but I just don't see them doing it with the team they have.

#522 5 years ago

Strap in guys here comes the best viewing sport (imo) there is! Nothing like playoff hockey!

and a friendly dig ...... no Canadian team has won in 25 years (yes I am already including this year)

#523 5 years ago

- Calgary beats Colorado in 6
- Vegas beats SJ in 7
- Nashville beats Dallas in 6
- Winnipeg beats St L in 7
- Tampa beats Columbus in 5
- Boston beats Toronto in 7
- Washington beats Carolina in 5
- Islanders beats Pens in 6

#533 5 years ago

WOW BJ come back from 3-0 to win 4-3 ... wow

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Night of the underdogs but columbus comeback was incredible

yeah I'll be honest ... once TB went up 3-0 I stopped switching back to the game as I thought it was over. Someone's foot certainly slipped off the gas!

Pens blow it and bad Letang move

There is just no sense of urgency on that team at all. They wait for things to happen or for Crosby to make it happen. Malkin is like a spoiled kid, take the puck away and he pouts. LeTank, not sure if that guy is 100% still. Ever since his health issue he hasn't been the same. Offensively he makes an impact...defensively he's nothing more than a pylon and that offensive to the pylon!

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

....and Pavelski scores with his face. Sharks win. Domination. Good start

looses teeth and all without ever going down. Comes back in the second period. Any other sport the guy would be on IR for 6-8 weeks

#541 5 years ago

Boston taking more dives than any soccer team I’ve ever seen!!

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

That Letang pylon cracks me up!
I'll watch him close tonite

Yeah be interested in what you think being that you would be neutral, kind of like the Swiss!

When he's on O you'll be like "man he can skate and carry the puck and score.
On D you'll be like "why is he just standing around.....the guy that just scored, LeTang should've picked him up" Also, when it comes to going into the boards to get the puck, he will literally stop and let the opponent go first so he doesn't have to worry about being hit.

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I agree islanders out coached and Barzal was a killer. Scrum in the end may have woken up Malkin. He looked disinterested prior to that. Penguins offence were running around alot .nice job recchi...
Letang plays too much and a liability in his own end. Like giving the puck away and useless around his own net.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I should add Crosby was the best player on the ice besides Barzal. What's his face causing all the crap at the end with brutal hit on Malkin is a dead man.

Yeah to Crosby’s credit he still is playing at a high level. Problem is, other than Getzel, the team relies on him way too much to make things happen.

Malkin, all you need to do with him is hit him every chance you get. He can’t stand being hit. He’ll slash n pout. Gets him completely off his game and takes asinine penalties.

Maybe you hit on something with LeTang, he’s just being played way too much and he’s tired. I don’t know but he’s not having a positive impact at all. He also is not playing position at all, he constantly follows the puck.

Lastly, look back at the pens past cup victories. You had players like Hornqvist, Talbot and Sheary scoring goals. Pens don’t have those type of players right now.

As for TB .... damn that President’s Cup curse might be legit. To the BJ’s credit, they put a good team together at the trade deadline.

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:10am (MST) playoff game today. Brought to you by Gary Bettman. What a moron!

9am here .... nothing like coffee w hockey.

#560 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

- Islanders beats Pens in 6

So I am one that will admit when I am wrong .... Isles in 4

#562 5 years ago

Yes watched all the games tonight and knew the Pens would lose today but thought they would show up and play more then the first 10mins. Just hard to believe and too much wrong and defense Breakdowns. Might be the end of our runs and miss playoffs next year.

Rutherford needs to go. He has done nothing in the past two seasons. This year's acquisitions were a joke! I mean Gudbranson, Johnson and Bjugstad were his big deals and the NHL GMs had to be laughing at him.

Sullivan's 3rd line is Kessel, Bjugstad and Wilson/McCann .... 3 out of the 4 are 4th liners at best!

Pens will be the first team eliminated this year and being swept......this won't sit well with Lemieux so I would expect firings/trades to happen in the off season.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There really isn't that much to comment on, the Pens have the worst defense I've seen in years. Utterly pathetic.

Yeah, you look at their Top 3 Defensemen and you're looking at LeTank, Maata and Dumoulin. LeTank and Maata REALLY struggle on Defense. Both are very good offensively but struggle (being kind) on D. Dumoulin is probably their best Defensive Defensemen and he has struggled. Penguins appear to have the mentality that they have the offensive power to outscore teams and they just arent doing it!

#566 5 years ago

Kadri out for remainder of the series!
Thornton, IMO, whould be out the remainder of SJ series.

Two just blatant cheap shots!

#567 5 years ago

Ovie w/ the KO!!

#571 5 years ago

Not placing blame but it's interesting to see that the Penguins under Rutherford did win Championship when he first came here BUT look at where they're now..... they're still playing the same system they did in 2016-17 and all of the NHL has caught on. They have made some of the worst acquisitions in the NHL and their farm team, one of the best prior to him coming on, has failed to make the playoffs!

When you see teams get into the playoffs most turn their game up several notches, the Penguins were playing their best to get into the playoffs!

On another note.....I don't think teams in the West are strong enough to win this year and the way it's setting up we may see the Caps win another. IMO last year the Caps weren't the best team but the way things fell for them they won. This year is shaping up to be the same!

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Well they need to learn how to shoot again. Holy shit that was ugly last night.

Maybe those former Penguins players are having a negative impact ..... the Penguins pass, pass, pass, pass then pass then try to pass through 2 players then shoo....nope cause the puck is going the other way.

#576 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Haha. Caps have always done that. Always looking for highlight reel goals. They need the 3rd and 4th lines to start chipping in. Also that PP is abysmal. Not giving up and throwing the towel in but hope they get it together.

LOL are you talking about the Penguins or the Caps ??? Hard to complain about the Pens PP as they finished 5th overall this year but how is it you're 2nd in PPG on the road and 29th at home??? We wont talk about the 15 SHG

#581 5 years ago

Good news for the ousted Pens n Bolt fans ....... golf is worth watching again with Woods playing up to par (get it)!!!!

What was harder to watch was the pens facing elimination and still trying to slow the play down.....pass, pass, pass, pass. Oh wait 3 min left in the season pass, shot and its blocked. Repeat

#585 5 years ago

still a fan but can’t understand the sweep and wasteland playing of all 4 games.

I am with ya, always a fan and even renewed my season tickets but not pleased as to the performance of this team. There was no intensity whatsoever and just seem so disinterested in being there. Penguins need to make changes and, as I said before, it needs to start with Rutherford. The acquisitions he has made the last two years has the other GMs laughing at him. Not to mention the farm team is also now losing (missed playoffs).

I found myself switching over to the BJ/Bolts game during the Pens as that game was more entertaining. Bolts didn't go down without a fight!

The Jets game, what I saw of it, was good as well especially for a low scoring game. Good to see the Jets tie that series up.

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Pens Gone , Tampa ...next Flames????

Sharks

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The perennial playoff losers

I can hear the Jaws music playing as I read your post!

Canes out to quick lead!

#592 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Schvenikov or whatever his name getting TKO'd was the best thing to happen to the Canes this series. It woke them up!!

Agree, typically it wakes up the team that wins the fight!

Have to give Ovie credit though, he KO'd him and there was no celebration from him or any asinine behavior. If anything Ovie looked disappointed that he may have really hurt the guy!

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

So nice when your Lady brings home a treat!
[quoted image]

where's the treat??? All I see is a case of Molson!!!!

#597 5 years ago
88636A30-3C73-4777-A633-22B3CA1C0CD1 (resized).jpeg88636A30-3C73-4777-A633-22B3CA1C0CD1 (resized).jpeg
#599 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Ugh Winnipeg. Story of their season....blowing leads left and right.

Did you see the penguins this year?

Thanks to the Sharks for letting me down!!

#600 5 years ago

Calgary .... welcome to the early golf season.

#603 5 years ago

So pens GM stated that the “current Defense is the best defense since he’s been with the Penguins”. First signs of senile for Rutherford

#609 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Is today the day bacon?!? Could it be?

If you’re asking if today’s the day that Boston ties up the series then .... today is the day

#611 5 years ago

I hate to say it but gut feeling is Wednesday is going to be a day of mourning in Canada as the last Canadian team is knocked out.

I wanted to see a leafs jets cup

#615 5 years ago

Doing commercials!

#618 5 years ago

So is summer over cause I am watching the Leafs fall (get it)

#624 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It's kinda funny that John Tavares flees the Islanders for the Leafs in order to play for his childhood team and try to win a cup.

Islanders aren’t going any further.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

4-3 sharks now! WOW!
4 goals in 4 minutes!!

This game is unreal.

#629 5 years ago

Yes overtime getting a whiskey

Grab me a bourbon

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from PaddyLV:

Refs reacted to the injury, which was ugly, instead of calling the play (cross-check minor, at best). How is there no video review? It changed the game. Oh well. That's sports.

59.3 Major Penalty - A major penalty, at the discretion of the Referee based on the severity of the contact, shall be imposed on a player or goalkeeper who "cross-checks" an opponent (see 59.5).

So yeah he reacted to the injury, as he should have under the rules! I wanted the Knights to win but if you're going to blame someone blame Eakin for taking a dumb ass penalty. Especially when the puck wasn't even around Pavelski at the time of the infraction.

#637 5 years ago

Yeah the call was the right one.

Yeah I can see what PaddyLV is saying as you watch that penalty and the crosscheck is not anything out of the norm, matter of fact it's something that happens all the time and no penalty is called. In this case here Pavelski falls awkwardly and his head hits the ice first thus causing the injury. Still under the rules the crosscheck is what caused him to go to the ice and since a injury occurred the ref called it a major. Just stinks as the Knights were on their way to the second round and that penalty, obviously, caused them the game!

Lastly, Penguins want (need) Fleury back! How does a goalie that gives up 5 goals look sooo good. Jones as well, gave up 4 and made some great saves!

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm looking forward to UrinatingTree's youtube video on the Leafs losing game 7, lol. Should be epic.

Yeah thought it would be up by now.....must be working OT on it!

#644 5 years ago

I think its safe to say that Kadri and Gardiner are gone,

Kadri I would think is a no brainer to move. Clears $ on the cap but most importantly gets rid of a guy that hurts you in the playoffs. Kadri helped the Leafs get to the playoffs and then gets suspended 2 years in a row now.

#650 5 years ago

Watching Canes/Caps .... I think the Canes stole the Penguins Pylon Defense

#653 5 years ago

Q the CONGRATs CAPs

One n done somebody once said !!!

#656 5 years ago

All 4 Division leaders knocked out in first round .... crazy

#662 5 years ago

The caps only had 6 shots in Overtime’s combined, they fell apart like our Pens

Yeah the Canes in the first two periods looked horrible. I really don't know how the game was even close at that point but to their credit they hung in there.

I said it earlier in this post that I felt the Caps were one and done. I cant help but think that your team needs that leader to win the cup, last year they won the cup by reducing the ice time of their leader! When do you see that? Don't get me wrong as I am in the minority of Pens fans as I like Ovie. I think he's the best goal scorer in the history of the NHL and he plays a physical game, unlike most captains, but he's not that guy that is going make plays happen. He's not that all around player.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Babcock end of season press conference:
It wasn't me ..it wasn't me...sip of water bottle...it wasn't me

He learned that from John Tortorella. Never hear him take ownership of a loss as it's never his fault.

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The "situation room" in toronto must have been jumping up and down after the refs huddled and made the call

So if the call was so wrong then that means all four officials were wrong as the NHL allows the Linesman to way in on calls and after the four officials discuss they can actually overturn a call if one of them deems the call to be wrong. so this means, at a minimum, the two officials deemed the penalty was correct.

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not a fan of either team so it's pretty easy for me to be objective.

Same here and I agree that the cross check wasn't blatant at all BUT according to the rules, as stated above, the ref can make the major penalty call due to the injury that resulted from the cross-check. Again, the cross-check itself didn't cause the injury it was him falling to the ice and his head making contact with the ice that caused the injury but if the cross-check didn't happen he doesn't fall.

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

watch it again.

I've watched and you tell me that he's not falling before the other player touches him??? Look at both of his skates, they're already off the ice before the second player makes contact with him. Whether the second player pushes him or not he was going down.

#688 5 years ago

How about don’t give up 4 goals in 5 minutes.....no matter what the reason is that got you to that point in the first place. Teams kill off major penalties all the time without giving up one goal, let alone 4. Vegas choked. They aren’t victims here.

You forget we live in a society where everything is someone else's fault so you have to blame someone!

#694 5 years ago

BOS in 5
Canes in 7
Sharks in 6
Stars in 7

#719 4 years ago

Okay so is it me or has the Isles/Canes been boring thus far? Some decent goal-tending but I've found the games boring.

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Can anybody explain the NYI's?!?!
Totally "on" opening series and completely
"What are we doin' here?"
the next.
How?

It's two fold as the Canes improved the later part of the season and are playing very well BUT also consider that the Isles played a very bad Penguins team in the first round. Penguins limped into the Playoffs on life support and the Isle had no problem pulling the plug.

#745 4 years ago

Didnt get to see the Canes/Isle game tonight as I was out but probably wouldn't have watched it anyhow since the series was boring to say the least. Did watch the Blues/Stars and holy snoozefest. Stars got out to the lead and turned into the Devils of old! Tell me if it's just me but these games aren't a whole lotta fun to watch?

Congrats though to the Canes. 80-1 odds at the beginning of the season to win the Cup.

#749 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I disagree..the stars/blues series is back n forth. Chances exchanged all game. There’s been some nastiness in the series, and some stellar goaltending. The other series out west has been entertaining as well

I was speaking of last nights game only.Agree the other games were entertaining. Last night the Stars got out in front and just seemed to hang on.

#755 4 years ago

20 says Tort blames officiating for the loss!!! (Btw I think it should’ve been a major).

#757 4 years ago

Still Vegas Knights got screwed more in a game 7

Yeah not been a good post season for the officials.

A major would’ve been big but let’s face it the BJ went 0 for 4 on the power play anyhow.

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Nice interview Marchand with CBC kyle dukaukis after game .come on Brad he pissed you off that much with an innocent joke? Your over 30 now Brad time to grow up.

he has such a case of little man syndrome

#763 4 years ago

Blues/Stars game pretty good tonight!

#767 4 years ago

Looking at a Bluins Cup ??

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Now i have to wait 4 months for any meaningful local pro sports

Make you feel any better, it's 5 months for me!

Being from Pittsburgh we don't have a Pro team that plays in the Summer......we have a minor league team (Pirates) that the owner continues to ##@@ up! The Steelers have turned into a bad Reality TV show and will continue to be until they fire Tomlin, which will never happen!

#779 4 years ago

Against the sharks and Bruins, go for the Canes or Blues but my guess it will be sharks vs Bruins in the end.

I'm taking the Blues over the Sharks! Just dreading the whole "Joe Thorton deserves a cup" BS like they did for St Louis and Ray "trader" Bourque.

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

3/4 ain't bad for round two.
Round three...
San Jose in 6
Boston in 5

I’m taking the Blues. Would like to see the Canes upset Boston but not sure they can pull it off.

1 week later
#801 4 years ago

Man the NHL Officiating just can’t get it right. Another blown non-call.

#809 4 years ago

Wow tonight’s game was crap!
A lot of empty seats ... guess the promotion for a ticket, hot dog n soda for 30$ couldn’t get people in

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It must be real tough being a Blues fan.
Could this year be the year?

Aggghh NO!

#824 4 years ago

Karlsson and Hertl out for game 6 and Pavelski game time decision..... Blues have to be licking their chops !!!

#829 4 years ago

Congrats to the Blues ..... been a long wait!!

PS - Bruins (hate to say it) in 5

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

St. Louis in 5!!
I'd love to see a Schenn score a Bobby Orr like goal flying through the air. Payback 49 years later
[quoted image]

What always got me about that is the fact that Bobby Orr had both feet planted on the ground when he scores the goal. He even said at one time that a big part of that picture was due to him starting to jump up to celebrate the goal along with Picard tripping him. It's more of a great timing picture on the photographer's part! Nonetheless no denying that it's one of those pictures that most people know!

Quoted from Malenko:

Blues in 6. I almost want to pick the Bruins just because I've jinxed every other team Ive picked

Pick the Bruins then !!!

#845 4 years ago

Congrats to Ottawa for hiring a DJ ..... finally some entertainment

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/dj-smith-ottawa-senators-coach-1.5146376

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The real king ...not John snow or the sexy blonde chick[quoted image]

The Self Proclaimed KING was just eliminated from International Competition! Gave up 5 goals

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I bet no dandruff giving up that 5 spot!

Yeah but it would appear he let in a lot of FLAKEY goals!

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The NHL deserves to be in Wisconsin more than Phoenix or Florida. ..can we say Carolina as well?

Florida as well but Quebec, I would think, would get a team before Wisconsin

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's a little silly that CA has 3 teams, FL 2.. but oh well.

Not really, CA has just shy of 40 million people and Florida has 21 million. Whereas WI is just shy of 6 million. I guess with Milwaukee you could argue that it has 600k people whereas several NHL cities have a lot less.

Honestly .... I think the NHL has erred in having 32 NHL Teams. They should've never expanded that much. You have at least a half dozen teams that cant fill their arena's! Take Carolina for instance, they played some great playoff hockey but yet they still were selling tickets for $30 that included a hot dog and drink and still had difficulties getting games sold out!

AZ continues to a black eye on the NHL. NHL had to own the team for years so it wouldn't flop. Now the current ownership had to send a letter out in January assuring it's fans that they're seeking a new owner/investor but that new owner/investor would keep the team in AZ ..... talk about the kiss of death!

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

3 useless shots in the 2nd period Blues????
Cassidy out coached berube big time especially juggling top line

Not to mention the 2 back to back cross checking penalties, on players not even close to the puck, the Blues took!!!

#879 4 years ago

Blues sticking with the “let’s take asinine penalties” game plan!

#895 4 years ago

Huge hockey fan but this year has to be one of the boring-est playoffs in a long time!

#896 4 years ago

So I bailed on last nights game to have dinner with the wife (trust me she’s still in shock). But looking at the stats n once again penalties kill the Blues. Boston was 4-4 on the PP with 4 SOG

#901 4 years ago

Great start by the Blues but how often do you see a team that comes out flying and lose the game, a lot!

#902 4 years ago

Congrats Blues, best game thus far.

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Was happy to Chara eat a puck,

Never have been a fan of Chara's as always felt he was over-rated! Anytime people talk about him the first things that are mentioned is his height and how he had to get approval from the NHL to have his hockey stick be the length it is! Are these two things what makes for a great player? He has been a solid D man but "great" I don't see it! With that said I still hate to see a guy get injured and have to give him credit for even coming back into the game! He had to have been in great discomfort and when the decision was made not to play him he could've easily went to the locker room but decided to sit on the bench and try to rally is team! You don't see this in any other sport.

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That's just part of living in the Eastern timezone. An hour earlier, and now the game is broadcast at 4pm in the West.
The sweetspot for timezones is Mountain. Central isn't bad either.

Yeah being from the East Coast originally it's odd to be watching games at 5PM! The regular season games are typically 7PM (Eastern) so it's 4PM here!

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from jtimmons:

Rask is brutal for any team trying to get by him! Glad the blues are getting so many shots! We need that cup here in St. Louis!

Yeah as a Penguins fan I thought it was a long wait to win a Cup after 24 years .... can't fathom (great Bally game) 49 years! Would like to see the Blues win. Up till last night's game I just felt Boston was the better team. If the Blues can keep playing like they did last night and stay out of the penalty box.........

As for Rask, I think the biggest aspect of his game has been his ability to control the rebounds..... and then there was last night! All 3 goals Blues scored were a result of Rask not controlling the rebounds!

#919 4 years ago

what you think going to happen with our Pens in the offseason?

Obviously they're trying to move Kessel, for which I agree. I would like to see what they could get for LeTang, he's 1 maybe 2 seasons from being done. However, I am not fond of the moves Rutherford has made. Just an example of this is he gave up Oskar Sundqvist and a 1st round for Reaves and a 2nd. Reaves didn't last a year with the Pens and Sundqvist is one of the better Blues. He was too young to let go and was never given a chance in Pittsburgh. Reaves was acquired by the Pens to make the team more of a physical presence, which he did, but all it did was made the Pens slower. Sundqvist has speed and plays hard and that doesn't fit into the Pens today!!!

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I can’t believe the non tripping call that resulted in a Blues goal??? What’s going on with refs? ...are they on the take?? ..unbelievable.

Like you i want the Blues win but man that non call really is ANOTHER black eye on the NHL Officiating.

#923 4 years ago

Like to hear from a Bruins fan on Chara’s play tonight. I give him credit but I think he’s really hurting the team tonight.

#940 4 years ago

Let’s get started

05659D5C-EF54-43C9-8479-3A20C7F4F18E (resized).jpeg05659D5C-EF54-43C9-8479-3A20C7F4F18E (resized).jpeg
#944 4 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks the Bruins look like the Devils when they won the cup in the sense that they get outplayed, bore you to death but win the game?

#947 4 years ago
Quoted from pinplayer01:

St. Louis's nightmare. So much they wanted to win it in front of the home crowd, last thing they want to do is go back to Boston for game 7.

I don’t know I mean Rask was the he deciding factor in the game. I think the Bruins played mediocre with the exception of Rask.

Also keep in mind the Blues have been better on the road in the playoffs.

All I know is we have to wait 3 days to find out thanks to the NHL and Union !!! Remember when they would play back to back games, off one day, back to back, off 1, 1 game and so on. I love hockey but the season is just too long! It’s to the point the playoffs are almost as long as the NFL regular season

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from SewerUrchin:

Had myself set up in the perfect seat to view the cup. Unfortunately, we couldn't do it. Should have bought a new pin instead.
On the bright side, the Blues have been very good after a loss and on the road. Let's go Blues ![quoted image]

Don't fret .... I have had season tickets for the Penguins and they have won 5 cups ..... all on the road!!!

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from SewerUrchin:

That's crazy! Doubt I'll even get 5 chances in my lifetime. I'll still be just as happy if we get this one.

Trust me I never thought I would see one! My father's company had season tickets from 69-81, if you look back at the Penguins record back in those days we never thought we had a chance at the Cup. Their best year was when they blew a 3-1 lead to the Isles in the playoffs. Then came Lemiuex! I picked up season tickets is 84 and got to see some of the best hockey in 90, 91 and 93. Penguins should've had a third cup in 93 with that team but lost to the Isles (again).

Then through a not so thought through draft selection, by the NHL, the Penguins picked up Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Staal to name a few and went on to 3 more Cups! I could never fathom seeing one nonetheless 5!

If it's any consultation the Leaf's, not the Blues, have the longest streak of not making an appearance in the Finals!

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Hey mesz I'm traveling to Pittsburgh --company called Nexterus. Can I crash at your place? Lol
I want to sit at that bar and watch sports for a while

Aren't they located in New Freedom, PA? That's over 3 hours from my place in Pittsburgh.

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

How far is the arena from Nexterus? I'll be staying close by

aghhh 4 hours from Consol Energy Center (Penguins) and 2 hours from Wells Fargo (Flyers)

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Even philly is a hike! LAME

Yeah I would cancel that trip! If you still go and have a lot of free time there is Pizza Boy Brewing Co., 2240 Millennium Way, Enola, PA 17025 that is just under an hour from where you're going. Great selection of beer (real beer not that Molsons) and pizza is very good! On your way stop at The Beer & Beverage Shoppe
241 W Roseville Road
Suite 1
Lancaster PA 17601

This guy has a great selection of beers to go!

Now next season if you find your way heading to Pittsburgh and give me enough notice we can work out getting you tickets to the Pens, I still have season tickets, and staying at my place!

#974 4 years ago

Hoping Boston doesn't get the early lead as it will make for a boring game!

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

My idea of "Pre-Game"[quoted image]

Probst

2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
#979 4 years ago

Loving the 2-0 lead but 6 SOG .... that needs to change or ....

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It's over!!! Binnington will be MVP.....he's standing on his head!

Agree!

St Louis .... welcome to the Champions list!

#982 4 years ago

Chara needs to retire or take the role of a third/fourth liner. He’s been beat so many times

#985 4 years ago

Only question now is .... how much longer before Marchand cheap shots someone

#989 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Why? You don’t even live in this country.

So you have to live in the US to love hockey, Canada’s National pastime???

On a separate note, congrats on a great run! No small task to get to the finals!!!

#994 4 years ago

No bickering ladies as 4 months before the season starts!!!!!

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Seals? I know, that's lame but hey isn't penguins a lame name for a hockey team too?

Seals was already used! California Golden Seals were a professional ice hockey club that competed in the National Hockey League (NHL) from 1967 to 1976 (source Wiki). So since they played in the NHL I don't think they can use the Seals name

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Bruins lost because Rask sucks

I don't disagree with what you're saying about Rask and big games as he has had a tendency to lose some big ones but go back and look at the goals the Blues scored. The 4 goals, the first one was deflected in front so not sure you can blame him there. The next 3 were basically breakaways as the Blues scorer was able to walk in unchallenged. So when I look at the 4 goals MAYBE you can say Rask should've had his stick between the legs to cover the 5 hole but he was playing the puck coming in high then it was deflected.

This is a perspective of someone that's not a Bruins fan so one would think I would just say Rask blew it but I can't say that about this game! I think if you have to blame someone it would be the D in general as the D just left guys open.

#1046 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, that is unrelated. Unless you think the bird has a wheel on it?

Yeah a lot of people don't realize the logo is actually derived from Cycling and nothing to do with hockey. The owner of Detroit at the time liked the wheel logo and thought it was a good fit being that Detroit was the Automotive capital of the world!

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I sincerely hope the Blues make a deep push into the playoffs again next year and prove all the naysayers wrong about it being a fluke.

Dont worry about whether it's a fluke or not....just enjoy it as you never know it may be another 49 years before you get to see it again, just ask the Leafs fans! (no dig intended) Or the Caps .... they won last year and were an early exit this year! However I still say the CAPS were a fluke to win!

#1058 4 years ago

Not trying to be the typical person that says the CAPS %$##$$ or anything. I am probably one of the few Penguins fans that is an Ovie fan. Love how he plays a physical game and no denying he's one of the best goal scorers in the history of the game but team player .... he's not. He's not that guy that's going to make the great pass or play. Have to admit it's ironic that all these years Ovie played in the playoffs and lost he was a leader in ice time. They win the cup and what was the one main thing the did..... reduced his ice time.... a lot!

The Caps are a decent team but not great! The needed things to happen and when you look at the teams they played last year it couldn't of been a better of a lineup for them! All this and not to mention the really early exit this year!

1 week later
#1072 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Just heard new rule for 2019 season. helmet leaves head must leave the ice. Goodbye fighting?

But this is during play....so if a helmet comes off during play the player has to go straight to the bench. When a fight occurs the players, currently, are not allowed to take their helmets off and when a fight happens it's not during play as the whistle is blown ending play. It's just another step to end concussions and for the NHL to say they're doing everything they can to end them.

#1076 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

So if a fight begins to start, and only one player removes helmet and other player skates away?

Remember there is already a rule in effect that players are not allowed to remove their helmets before a fight. Players use to take them off but few years ago the NHL made a rule where the players are not allowed to remove them. Rule 46.6

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure sure and Remeber when they said anyone involved on a fight in the playoffs/cup would be suspended the next game? Then Malkin and Datsuk dropped the gloves and that rule just evaporated.

Well you have to remember back in the early 90's the NHL came out and said their rules were at the discretion of the official. So it's basically Rule 0.0 that states all rules within the NHL are only called if the official sees fit!

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

When I start posting pictures of birds it's time to bid this thread adieu.

WAIT they just posted the Penguins Schedule for next season! Penguins home opener is 3 months and 1 week away!

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Nice try but the NHL system goes back much further than OT losses.

Just my 2 cents .... I still think the whole OTL was the dumbest thing the NHL came out with. I don't think you should get a point for a loss! How many times you see a team hang on in the final minutes of the game, instead of trying to win, so they can get a point?

Also, think the NHL should look into what the NBA is doing with shortening the season. NHL season is too long!

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Mesz...I see the Couv in Pitts November. That's the game ..my wife can ship for Xmas while I drink my face off at your place. I'll ask josh to see us after the game.

I wont be back in Pittsburgh till December but PM me and see if we can work something out!

#1094 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I hate it too, but I get why they did it. A casual fan can look at the standings and it appears their team is better than they are. Annoying in one way, yet brilliant in another.

Yeah agree! That was the case with the Penguins this year, take away the OTL points and they would've either not made the playoffs or just made the last spot!

#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

1 minute to go! Hope the Devils can pick up somebody today.

Was hoping Penguins would've done something!!! I guess Rutherford is too busy trying to sign Cullen again! (yeah that's sarcasm)

#1106 4 years ago

Leafs finally rid themselves of the playoff killer (aka Kadri)

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Same with the Ottawa deal. All that's left is for Dubbas to grab a tough guy to protect the stars.(Reaves/Wagner type)

Rutherford tried to do this for the Penguins and all he was successful at was making the Penguins a slower team. To boot the "tough" guy(s) never materialized! We still saw Malkin being the one in the box for roughing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=mesz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.