1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,123 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by cdnpinbacon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 102 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190806_193345 (resized).jpg
20190806_193106 (resized).jpg
20190719_131421 (resized).jpg
mt (resized).jpg
20190613_114525 (resized).jpg
62418531_2748753875199907_1114731703382835200_n[1] (resized).jpg
2A5F3415-F2B7-418D-9EFD-6AA489F3D307 (resized).jpeg
20190613_192134 (resized).jpg
20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg

There are 1123 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 23.
#651 7 months ago

It's finally here, lol!

#652 7 months ago

"It's called playoff hockey, it's full of bullshit at every turn!"

Man I love his YouTube videos. He's antagonisingally unapologetic!

#653 7 months ago

Q the CONGRATs CAPs

One n done somebody once said !!!

#654 7 months ago

The jerks are heading to the next round!
These playoffs have been crazy.

#655 7 months ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Calgary in 5
Winnipeg in 5
Dallas in 7
San Jose in 6
Tampa in 4
Toronto in 6
Carolina in 7
Pittsburgh in 6

Well I got 3/8 series correct. Not bad considering all the upsets in this insane first round.

#656 7 months ago

All 4 Division leaders knocked out in first round .... crazy

#657 7 months ago

The boys on my sports talk here in Vancouver we’re discussing that w all the leading point getters in the regular season, their teams have failed to move on. Marchand is an exception..with Ovi n the Caps out, I really can’t predict what’s gonna happen in the 2nd round. Hopefully some more game 7’s!!

#658 7 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Watching Canes/Caps .... I think the Canes stole the Penguins Pylon Defense

The caps only had 6 shots in Overtime’s combined, they fell apart like our Pens

#659 7 months ago

Round 2 picks...

NY Islanders in 6
Boston Bruins in 6
San Jose Sharks in 6
St. Louis Blues in 6

#660 7 months ago

I missed last nights game, as I was putting in led bulbs in my cyclone...and making a road trip after work to look at another game n gonna miss the nfl draft..what is wrong w me?!

#661 7 months ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Round 2 picks...
NY Islanders in 6
Boston Bruins in 6
San Jose Sharks in 6
St. Louis Blues in 6

Mine are quite similar:
Boston Bruins in 5
San Jose Sharks in 6
St.Louis Blues in 6
Carolina "Bunch of Jerks" in 6 (this one is more a hope, as I really don't care for the Islanders, even though I feel they are the stronger of the two teams)

#662 7 months ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

The caps only had 6 shots in Overtime’s combined, they fell apart like our Pens

Yeah the Canes in the first two periods looked horrible. I really don't know how the game was even close at that point but to their credit they hung in there.

I said it earlier in this post that I felt the Caps were one and done. I cant help but think that your team needs that leader to win the cup, last year they won the cup by reducing the ice time of their leader! When do you see that? Don't get me wrong as I am in the minority of Pens fans as I like Ovie. I think he's the best goal scorer in the history of the NHL and he plays a physical game, unlike most captains, but he's not that guy that is going make plays happen. He's not that all around player.

#663 7 months ago

Babcock end of season press conference:
It wasn't me ..it wasn't me...sip of water bottle...it wasn't me

#664 7 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Babcock end of season press conference:
It wasn't me ..it wasn't me...sip of water bottle...it wasn't me

He learned that from John Tortorella. Never hear him take ownership of a loss as it's never his fault.

#665 7 months ago

Good to see some different teams in the mix. A relief to have no Caps or Pens around.............yawn.

#666 7 months ago

FunNY listening to kyle dubas dancing around the is babcock safe question. "Can't evaluate coach without me being evaluated"
What a polished MLSE answer.
Nylander question: "I should have worked earlier on the contract" what??
Deflected his calculator madness to Lou
What a crock.

#667 7 months ago

Just read that two of the refs from the controversial sharks/knights game 7 won’t be working next round. Is that an admission from NHL that they fucked up?

#668 7 months ago

The "situation room" in toronto must have been jumping up and down after the refs huddled and made the call

#669 7 months ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Just read that two of the refs from the controversial sharks/knights game 7 won’t be working next round. Is that an admission from NHL that they fucked up?

There isn't anyone alive that thinks they made the right call; just 100% wrong and horrible.
The only thing worse is the penalty kill that followed.

#670 7 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The "situation room" in toronto must have been jumping up and down after the refs huddled and made the call

So if the call was so wrong then that means all four officials were wrong as the NHL allows the Linesman to way in on calls and after the four officials discuss they can actually overturn a call if one of them deems the call to be wrong. so this means, at a minimum, the two officials deemed the penalty was correct.

#671 7 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

So if the call was so wrong then that means all four officials were wrong...

Half of them, at least, didn't see it at all. They claimed after the game it was a cross check to the face, which it clearly wasn't.
Not a fan of either team so it's pretty easy for me to be objective.

#672 7 months ago

Still can't Un see brendan shanahans face years ago explainIng Interference on cbc

#673 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not a fan of either team so it's pretty easy for me to be objective.

Same here and I agree that the cross check wasn't blatant at all BUT according to the rules, as stated above, the ref can make the major penalty call due to the injury that resulted from the cross-check. Again, the cross-check itself didn't cause the injury it was him falling to the ice and his head making contact with the ice that caused the injury but if the cross-check didn't happen he doesn't fall.

#674 7 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Same here and I agree that the cross check wasn't blatant at all BUT according to the rules, as stated above, the ref can make the major penalty call due to the injury that resulted from the cross-check. Again, the cross-check itself didn't cause the injury it was him falling to the ice and his head making contact with the ice that caused the injury but if the cross-check didn't happen he doesn't fall.

That's all "But For" slippery slope stuff.
He WASN'T falling onto the ice from the cross check...he was pushed onto the ice by another player; watch it again.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1120906609574780935

#675 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

watch it again.

I've watched and you tell me that he's not falling before the other player touches him??? Look at both of his skates, they're already off the ice before the second player makes contact with him. Whether the second player pushes him or not he was going down.

#676 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's all "But For" slippery slope stuff.
He WASN'T falling onto the ice from the cross check...he was pushed onto the ice by another player; watch it again.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1120906609574780935

I'm not a big fan of either team, so hopefully I'm looking at this somewhat impartially, but here's how I currently see it:
Pavelski is cross checked by Eakins. While he is falling, Stastny pushes him down / out of the way. It looks like the push from Stastny is what makes him turn at a funny angle and land on his head. But it really does look like he was off balance and falling from the Eakins cross check. Would he have landed on his head without the Stastny shove? Maybe not. But he was falling already either way. It was from the cross check and following shove that caused him to fall at a bad angle and bleed from the head. By the rulebook, a crosscheck that results in an injury is a 5 minute major. This one is just murky as the stastny shove complicates things.
The call still has people divided, and this is after a couple days and countless reviews from a bunch of angles. Imagine trying to be a ref who has to make the call that moment. I don't envy them in that situation.

#677 7 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

I've watched and you tell me that he's not falling before the other player touches him??? Look at both of his skates, they're already off the ice before the second player makes contact with him. Whether the second player pushes him or not he was going down.

His right skate is on the ice when contact with player #2 happens, altering his direction of his body completely. His left skate is coming down to the ice as player #2 lifts him off the ice.
I'm giving him credit as a professional skater he would have worked himself out without falling on his head from the first check; that's a judgement call for sure.

#678 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

His right skate is on the ice when contact with player #2 happens, altering his direction of his body completely. His left skate is coming down to the ice as player #2 lifts him off the ice.
I'm giving him credit as a professional skater he would have worked himself out without falling on his head from the first check; that's a judgement call for sure.

I agree in that he likely wouldn't have fallen on his head from the cross check itself. It's from the Stastny shove that his body changes direction and he lands on his head. So it murky's the call. Should Stastny have been in the box instead of Eakins? I don't think that would've been right either. I think Stastny's actions changed the end result stemming from Eakin's cross check. But because the cross check was the reason Pavelski began to fall to begin with, they felt they had to charge that as the action that led to the end result.
I will agree that the call completely changed the game. If it wasn't a major, San Jose wouldn't have made the comeback. So I can see why Vegas fans are upset. I still can't believe that San Jose managed 4 goals in 5 minutes. Unreal.

#679 7 months ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Should Stastny have been in the box instead of Eakins? I don't think that would've been right either.

It's more cloudy if you take the injury into account...which I don't really.

To me someone got cross checked, big fucking deal, that happens literally 200 times in every hockey game ever.
He's trying to regain his balance when someone pushes him to the ice, which happens literally 200 times in every hockey game ever.
He takes a bad spill and gets injured, which happens less frequently.

To me if you want to call the cross check that's fine, it was a cross check. 2 minute minor move along.

I didn;t see was there blood on the ice? Do they have a double minor cross check? I know some fouls don't.

#680 7 months ago

It’s definitely a weird set of circumstances. Probably 99 out of 100 times he wouldn't have fallen on his face so that’s what makes it such a tough call to make. It wasn’t like they intentionally tried to smash him to the ice. What would happen if someone tripped a guy and he happened to fall weird and busted up his face? It’s a hockey play but the end result was a freak accident. I wouldn’t want to be the guy making that call, especially when everything is on the line at that moment. I think the call was excessive myself.

#681 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's more cloudy if you take the injury into account...which I don't really.
To me someone got cross checked, big fucking deal, that happens literally 200 times in every hockey game ever.
He's trying to regain his balance when someone pushes him to the ice, which happens literally 200 times in every hockey game ever.
He takes a bad spill and gets injured, which happens less frequently.
To me if you want to call the cross check that's fine, it was a cross check. 2 minute minor move along.
I didn;t see was there blood on the ice? Do they have a double minor cross check? I know some fouls don't.

Yeah he was leaking onto the ice pretty decently. I think you have to take the injury into account, as it was the reason the call turned out as it did. Without the injury (and in this case, the visible blood that everyone could see), at most it would've been a 2 minute minor. But the rules state that if an injury occurs, it becomes a 5 minute major. I think their hands were tied that they couldn't do a 2 minute minor, as they couldn't say it was crosschecking without acknowledging the injury that theoretically came as a result from it. So it was a 5 minute major or nothing at all, and with Pav's bleeding, they felt they had to call it.
I feel that it all begins after the refs see Pavelski lying on the ice, motionless and bleeding. So they scramble to understand what happened. From either one of the refs or the video review, they take away that the cross check led to him on the ice bleeding. No way is it that straight forward / simple, but in the end the cross check was the start and the bleeding on the ice was the end.
It just sucks that it happened in a playoff series game 7. It was a great game to watch, but it absolutely taints the win. Not because I think it was the wrong call (I feel the refs made the best call they could based on what they knew and what the rulebook held them to), but because the one call directly changed the outcome of the game. Though I still feel Gallant should've used a time out to settle his team back down after the first two goals of the power play, as letting in 4 goals is on them as well.

I also completely agree that there was no intent to injure by Eakins or Stastny, even though it was a result of the events.

#682 7 months ago

Whoops, double post.

#683 7 months ago

Vegas Golden Knights now equals New Orleans Saints.

Yeah, you got the short end of a questionable call, but the collapse afterwards is all on you, not the refs.

Later,
EV

#684 7 months ago

There is a supervisor ref at the game during playoffs only. ..so what's his function again ?
Of course in Toronto its No penalty period .
Greg Millen said it best, unfortunate for everyone...ref went over to vegas bench and said he was cross checked in the face. 5 minute major way over the top in such an important game.

#685 7 months ago

How about don’t give up 4 goals in 5 minutes.....no matter what the reason is that got you to that point in the first place. Teams kill off major penalties all the time without giving up one goal, let alone 4. Vegas choked. They aren’t victims here.

#686 7 months ago

You know Dave I'm on the fence ...I see the point of killing off the penalty but the outcome was determined by the ref?

#687 7 months ago

Saints Rams analogy spot on

#688 7 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

How about don’t give up 4 goals in 5 minutes.....no matter what the reason is that got you to that point in the first place. Teams kill off major penalties all the time without giving up one goal, let alone 4. Vegas choked. They aren’t victims here.

You forget we live in a society where everything is someone else's fault so you have to blame someone!

#689 7 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

You forget we live in a society where everything is someone else's fault so you have to blame someone!

I see the issue more of people thinking they have to take a side; Vegas is both the victim and the choker.

#690 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I see the issue more of people thinking they have to take a side; Vegas is both the victim and the choker.

Epitome of implosion!

#691 7 months ago

20 minute press conference...lol
Gotta love those Leafs! Babcock is being pounded in Toronto!!! The latest is Sheldon Keefe waiting to replace Babs as his recent Marlie performance and relationship with Dubas. Makes sense two strong / smart young guns.

#692 7 months ago

What a crap show in T.O

#693 7 months ago

You are rich with accolades....go fishing and enjoy your family Mike.

#694 7 months ago

BOS in 5
Canes in 7
Sharks in 6
Stars in 7

#696 7 months ago

#697 7 months ago

Holy shit Columbus!!! 2 goals 13 secs

#698 7 months ago

NHL admitted wrong call it’s posted on NHL website regarding Sharks Knights game 7. As for picks 2nd round I believe they all could go either way. Not going to even try and just watch them.

#699 7 months ago

Let's get the party started! Hockey and Vlady Jr debut!

#700 7 months ago

Anyone that doesn't subscribe to the hockey news is lower tier imo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 199.99
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 90.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 218.00
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 33.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 1123 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside