1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,123 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by cdnpinbacon
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 102 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190806_193345 (resized).jpg
20190806_193106 (resized).jpg
20190719_131421 (resized).jpg
mt (resized).jpg
20190613_114525 (resized).jpg
62418531_2748753875199907_1114731703382835200_n[1] (resized).jpg
2A5F3415-F2B7-418D-9EFD-6AA489F3D307 (resized).jpeg
20190613_192134 (resized).jpg
20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg

There are 1123 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 23.
#501 8 months ago

Ask them about buffalo Joe hue ...what happened to airline?

#502 8 months ago

I’ll be definitely watching/listening to the habs and leafs game 2mrw..Bob Cole will be announcing his last game. He’s been an icon..I remember his voice on CBC since I was a kid. Dick Irvin too..and here in Vancouver we’ve had Jim Robison n Howie Meeker..Jim Hughson is pretty good, but has a ways to go to be mentioned w some of the greats..

#503 8 months ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’ll be definitely watching/listening to the habs and leafs game 2mrw..Bob Cole will be announcing his last game. He’s been an icon..I remember his voice on CBC since I was a kid. Dick Irvin too..and here in Vancouver we’ve had Jim Robson n Howie Meeker..Jim Hughson is pretty good, but has a ways to go to be mentioned w some of the greats..

#504 8 months ago
65EAB409-0EB2-4A59-87D0-3BB997D5C49C (resized).jpeg
#505 8 months ago

It’s the last game night with some teams match ups still to be decided or home ice, lets Go Pens

#506 8 months ago

Great place to listen to a hockey game ......

11FCC1A9-2A3E-4C55-ADDA-AAC9FFF0A099 (resized).jpeg

Unless your a Pens fan listening to them blowing a 2 goal lead with few minutes left in the game then losing in OT. ISLES in 6

#507 8 months ago

Awww, come on!!!!???? Have you no faith in a fully healthy, experienced and hungry Penguins team? Maybe you should stay in Cali, hipster! Haha!

#508 8 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Awww, come on!!!!???? Have you no faith in a fully healthy, experienced and hungry Penguins team? Maybe you should stay in Cali, hipster! Haha!

LOL nah always a fan but also not delusional. Pens lack on Defense (defensively) big time. LeTank (horrible defensively) and Maata (just so slow) are great offensively but lack on D. Pens need to score 4+ goals a game to win and they just are doing it.

Also, look at the last month or so and see the teams the pens lost too... Rangers, Wings, Sabres, Canes .... all teams below them in the standings. On paper Pens have a great team.... on the ice they’re average.

Just my 2 cents (5 cents Canadian ) early exit this year I would think you have to shake things up and trade off some of the older vets like Kessel, LeTank or even Malkin.

#509 8 months ago

Kessel on iron man streak! Good for him, always liked kessel. Mabey it is time for rebuild in Pitts fans seem educated so I don’t think anyone would be too upset

#510 8 months ago

Where’s hue??..Prob still drunk and on a floaty in the pool!

#511 8 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

LOL nah always a fan but also not delusional. Pens lack on Defense (defensively) big time. LeTank (horrible defensively) and Maata (just so slow) are great offensively but lack on D. Pens need to score 4+ goals a game to win and they just are doing it.
Also, look at the last month or so and see the teams the pens lost too... Rangers, Wings, Sabres, Canes .... all teams below them in the standings. On paper Pens have a great team.... on the ice they’re average.
Just my 2 cents (5 cents Canadian ) early exit this year I would think you have to shake things up and trade off some of the older vets like Kessel, LeTank or even Malkin.

You may forget that they also stopped Bruins long winning streak, beat the capitals and stopped their winning streak, schooled Montreal on hockey night in america when the playoff race was super tight, took care of Columbus and Carolina when both team’s seasons were on the line in those games. They beat Nashville (division winner) and Dallas on the road, with both teams in the playoffs.

Add in all the injuries that they have had to navigate through, i am feeling like the penguins are deep and prepared, and mentally strong going into 7 game series play. They don’t have home ice? Who cares! The fans give them no advantage at home and all of their key special teams stats are better on the road.

I think the pens could pull off another cup....but it’s gonna be very very tough.

#512 8 months ago

Go Jets! I would love if they meet the Pens in the cup. It would be fun since a close friend of mine is a transplant from Pitt and die hard pens fan.

#513 8 months ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Go Jets! I would love if they meet the Pens in the cup. It would be fun since a close friend of mine is a transplant from Pitt and die hard pens fan.

Would love to see this too but I think the Jets are another year away from being a contender and Pens are at least a year past being a contender.

You may forget that they also stopped Bruins long winning streak,

Yeah but don't forget the Bruins played without two key players that game and lost a D-man in the game.

beat the capitals and stopped their winning streak, schooled Montreal

Agree they beat the Caps but as for Montreal....can't be too excited beating a team that's below you in the standings!

Like you, I would love to see them win another Cup but I just don't see them doing it with the team they have.

#514 8 months ago

LEAFS IN 6
TAMPA IN 5
NASHVILLE IN 6
ST Louis in 7
Calgary in 5
Picks so far..

#515 8 months ago

Rounding out the first round
Wash in 5
Pitt in 6
Vgk 6

#516 8 months ago

1st round: 1 point team winner, 1 point nail the Games
List each round in same format to final

#517 8 months ago

2nd round
Preds in 6
Tampa in 6
Nash 6
Calgary 6
3rd round
Cal In 7
Tb in 6
Final
Tampa Bay in 6 games

#518 8 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

2nd round
Preds in 6
Tampa in 6
Nash 6
Calgary 6
3rd round
Cal In 7
Tb in 6
Final
Tampa Bay in 6 games

How did 3 western teams win in round 2? Or is the first preds supposed to be Pens?

#519 8 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah but don't forget the Bruins played without two key players that game and lost a D-man in the game.

Agree they beat the Caps but as for Montreal....can't be too excited beating a team that's below you in the standings!

Pens beat Bruins without Rust, Letang, Riikola, and Ruhwedel...sonthey had more key players out.

As for Montreal below them in standings...gotta beat the teams below you. And that habs team was just starting to come into their own with strong playoff push, playing at home on Saturday night on hockey night in Canada. Pens win on the biggest stage of the week.

The best money to bet is 18-1 on the Penguins....they might be a coin toss to win any series with the way this season has gone, but $150 to win $2700 looks pretty nice return

#520 8 months ago

First round predictions:
- Calgary beats Colorado in 7
- San Jose beats Vegas in 6
- Nashville beats Dallas in 6
- st.louis beats Winnipeg in 6
- Tampa beats Columbus in 5
- Boston beats Toronto in 7
- Washington beats Carolina in 5
- Pittsburgh beats islanders in 6

#521 8 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Where’s hue??..Prob still drunk and on a floaty in the pool!

I'm here....barely. Will come back to life for the playoffs tomorrow.

#522 8 months ago

Strap in guys here comes the best viewing sport (imo) there is! Nothing like playoff hockey!

and a friendly dig ...... no Canadian team has won in 25 years (yes I am already including this year)

#523 8 months ago

- Calgary beats Colorado in 6
- Vegas beats SJ in 7
- Nashville beats Dallas in 6
- Winnipeg beats St L in 7
- Tampa beats Columbus in 5
- Boston beats Toronto in 7
- Washington beats Carolina in 5
- Islanders beats Pens in 6

#524 8 months ago

Alright I'll take Pitt in 7

#525 8 months ago

Got to have all Rounds posted

#526 8 months ago

Goin to the beer store! Hey google how many meters is the beer store? ---600 ..I love this google thing.

#527 8 months ago

Calgary in 5
Winnipeg in 5
Dallas in 7
San Jose in 6
Tampa in 4
Toronto in 6
Carolina in 7
Pittsburgh in 6

#528 8 months ago

Why not just fill out a bracket and take a screenshot

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 4.28.26 PM (resized).png
#529 8 months ago

Good call...mine are locked

#530 8 months ago
1D7BB798-9AA3-4EE2-ABD9-F71B5DFAEC41 (resized).jpeg
#531 8 months ago

B7AF018D-6217-405E-AF98-20A59A63E465 (resized).jpeg

#532 8 months ago

Pens first period analysis:

95427366-057F-48CF-A70E-F478EE69150B (resized).jpeg
#533 8 months ago

WOW BJ come back from 3-0 to win 4-3 ... wow

#534 8 months ago

I missed out on doing my bracket and picks. Still watched all the games tonight and Pens blow it and bad Letang move and odd man rush in overtime made me lost it. As for 1st round. Pens in 6, Caps in 5, Bruins in 6, Tampa in 5, Jets in 6, Nash in 6, Knights in 7, and Flames in 7.

#535 8 months ago

Night of the underdogs but columbus comeback was incredible

#536 8 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

It really was. It truly goes to show that anything can happen in the playoffs. While I still believe Tampa Bay takes the series, hopefully this serves as a wake-up call to their guys to not take Columbus lightly. Tampa's 3rd and 4th lines were doing all the work, hopefully they can get some production out of their top guys.

#537 8 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

yeah I'll be honest ... once TB went up 3-0 I stopped switching back to the game as I thought it was over. Someone's foot certainly slipped off the gas!

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Pens blow it and bad Letang move

There is just no sense of urgency on that team at all. They wait for things to happen or for Crosby to make it happen. Malkin is like a spoiled kid, take the puck away and he pouts. LeTank, not sure if that guy is 100% still. Ever since his health issue he hasn't been the same. Offensively he makes an impact...defensively he's nothing more than a pylon and that offensive to the pylon!

#538 8 months ago

....and Pavelski scores with his face. Sharks win. Domination. Good start

#539 8 months ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

....and Pavelski scores with his face. Sharks win. Domination. Good start

looses teeth and all without ever going down. Comes back in the second period. Any other sport the guy would be on IR for 6-8 weeks

#540 8 months ago

Can't wait for the Game! Trying not to touch the ruffle chips before the puck drop. The beer is already flowing

#541 8 months ago

Boston taking more dives than any soccer team I’ve ever seen!!

#542 8 months ago

That Letang pylon cracks me up!
I'll watch him close tonite

#543 8 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

That Letang pylon cracks me up!
I'll watch him close tonite

Yeah be interested in what you think being that you would be neutral, kind of like the Swiss!

When he's on O you'll be like "man he can skate and carry the puck and score.
On D you'll be like "why is he just standing around.....the guy that just scored, LeTang should've picked him up" Also, when it comes to going into the boards to get the puck, he will literally stop and let the opponent go first so he doesn't have to worry about being hit.

#544 8 months ago

Is he (letank) going to come to Toronto ala Larry Murphy to Detroit???

#545 8 months ago

Pens / isles game is a barn burner and treat to watch.

#546 8 months ago

So.... that Tampa team.... not exactly the start most of us predicted for them....

#547 8 months ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

So.... that Tampa team.... not exactly the start most of us predicted for them....

I still think they'll win the series.

#548 8 months ago

Letang played somewhat decent tonight...pens just can’t seem to click. Too predictable with their scheme. Trotz knows their number after all these years. At least the pens can look back at this season and reflect on all the milestones players hit. Future looks somewhat brighter than 6 months ago with the guys they brought in.

#549 8 months ago

On a side note:
I am not a fan of listing home teams first. Soccer does it, and now hockey going that direction. The arena scoreboards have home team listed first and visitors second. The NHL app has the playoff tab with “islanders vs Penguins”. It’s just plain wrong. We have officially crossed over into the Bizarro World.

#550 8 months ago

This guy's youtube channel is gold!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 11.95
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
Flashinstinct
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 495.00
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbotz
$ 28.95
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 11.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 1123 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside