20190613_194035 (resized).jpg
images.jpg
F4A3AC80-9DBA-4FB4-9581-9C634092A391.gif
20190612_214217 (resized).jpg
2FE91661-A950-4499-931F-10A81FC1A6DA (resized).jpeg
20190612_175031 (1) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
20190609_203354 (resized).jpg

There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 23.
#601 4 years ago

Hell yeah, those flames are snuffed out by an Avalanche real quick. MacKinnon is a beast. Go Avs!!!

#602 4 years ago

The NHL's regular season is a lie.

#603 4 years ago

So pens GM stated that the “current Defense is the best defense since he’s been with the Penguins”. First signs of senile for Rutherford

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The NHL's regular season is a lie.

Sure seems that way sometimes.

#605 4 years ago

Flames out and Jets out surprised me much more

#606 4 years ago

#607 4 years ago

Stars are playing well, and going to be a tough out. Even though they entered playoffs as a wildcard, they are better than their record. Some key injuries impacted the regular season, but back at full strength for the playoffs.

Not a hockey fan in general, but love the excitement of the playoffs and I'm all in for the Stars when they are playing. Once you learn the rules hockey is fun to watch, and there's nothing quite like the speed of the game. Also, hockey is great as a live event, and I encourage anyone who has never gone to an NHL game to make it a point to do so - you will not be disappointed in the experience.

#608 4 years ago

Is today the day bacon?!? Could it be?

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Is today the day bacon?!? Could it be?

If you’re asking if today’s the day that Boston ties up the series then .... today is the day

#610 4 years ago

Why, oh why can Toronto not finish off Boston!?!
One word: NEMESIS

#611 4 years ago

I hate to say it but gut feeling is Wednesday is going to be a day of mourning in Canada as the last Canadian team is knocked out.

I wanted to see a leafs jets cup

#612 4 years ago

#613 4 years ago

Here we go again...Game 7
Are you kidding me??
Babcock out coached yesterday big time.
Andersen faced over 40 shots ..at home!!
Where is Marner? 2 points in series when last year was on fire vs Bruins.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Where is Marner?.

I've been thinking the exact same thing.

#615 4 years ago

Doing commercials!

#616 4 years ago

Watch marner explode for 5 points...
In the commercial with Nylander. So now the game is 80's style in the playoffs??? Remember years ago on this thread we were laughing at the "new rules" ...unwritten rule: last 5 minutes nothing gets called.

#617 4 years ago

#618 4 years ago

So is summer over cause I am watching the Leafs fall (get it)

#619 4 years ago

What a disaster...for good comedy listen to leafs talk tonight.
Nice playoffs minor midget Marner
Matthews come over to my place to play video games
Babcock ...won’t be his fault, even though his coaching tactics were a disaster. Go Couv!

#620 4 years ago

Sharks tied in on 5 min major after being down by 3 with ten mins left oh no

#621 4 years ago

It's kinda funny that John Tavares flees the Islanders for the Leafs in order to play for his childhood team and try to win a cup.

Only for the Islanders to advance to round 2 of the playoffs the following year while the Leafs get bounced in the first round.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Sharks tied in on 5 min major after being down by 3 with ten mins left oh no

4-3 sharks now! WOW!

4 goals in 4 minutes!!

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

4-3 sharks now! WOW!

What the heck I know

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It's kinda funny that John Tavares flees the Islanders for the Leafs in order to play for his childhood team and try to win a cup.

Islanders aren’t going any further.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

4-3 sharks now! WOW!
4 goals in 4 minutes!!

This game is unreal.

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Islanders aren’t going any further.

This game is unreal.

All tied up. Insanity!!

#626 4 years ago

This Vegas / San Jose third period is unreal

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Stars are playing well, and going to be a tough out. Even though they entered playoffs as a wildcard, they are better than their record. Some key injuries impacted the regular season, but back at full strength for the playoffs.
Not a hockey fan in general, but love the excitement of the playoffs and I'm all in for the Stars when they are playing. Once you learn the rules hockey is fun to watch, and there's nothing quite like the speed of the game. Also, hockey is great as a live event, and I encourage anyone who has never gone to an NHL game to make it a point to do so - you will not be disappointed in the experience.

Blues are up next!

#628 4 years ago

Yes overtime getting a whiskey

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yes overtime getting a whiskey

Grab me a bourbon

#631 4 years ago

Great game, not sure on the 5 min major called for the cross check and unfortunately knocked him off feet and collided with another player which caused him to be unbalanced and head hit the ground. Still a great game and OT.

#632 4 years ago

Bring on the sharks!

#633 4 years ago

Refs reacted to the injury, which was ugly, instead of calling the play (cross-check minor, at best). How is there no video review? It changed the game. Oh well. That's sports.

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from PaddyLV:

Refs reacted to the injury, which was ugly, instead of calling the play (cross-check minor, at best). How is there no video review? It changed the game. Oh well. That's sports.

59.3 Major Penalty - A major penalty, at the discretion of the Referee based on the severity of the contact, shall be imposed on a player or goalkeeper who "cross-checks" an opponent (see 59.5).

So yeah he reacted to the injury, as he should have under the rules! I wanted the Knights to win but if you're going to blame someone blame Eakin for taking a dumb ass penalty. Especially when the puck wasn't even around Pavelski at the time of the infraction.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

59.3 Major Penalty - A major penalty, at the discretion of the Referee based on the severity of the contact, shall be imposed on a player or goalkeeper who "cross-checks" an opponent (see 59.5).
So yeah he reacted to the injury, as he should have under the rules! I wanted the Knights to win but if you're going to blame someone blame Eakin for taking a dumb ass penalty. Especially when the puck wasn't even around Pavelski at the time of the infraction.

Yeah the call was the right one. It also fired Thornton up, who then fired up the rest of the Sharks. Such a crazy third period and overtime to watch. A way better game 7 than the Leafs/Bruins

#636 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to UrinatingTree's youtube video on the Leafs losing game 7, lol. Should be epic.

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Yeah the call was the right one.

Yeah I can see what PaddyLV is saying as you watch that penalty and the crosscheck is not anything out of the norm, matter of fact it's something that happens all the time and no penalty is called. In this case here Pavelski falls awkwardly and his head hits the ice first thus causing the injury. Still under the rules the crosscheck is what caused him to go to the ice and since a injury occurred the ref called it a major. Just stinks as the Knights were on their way to the second round and that penalty, obviously, caused them the game!

Lastly, Penguins want (need) Fleury back! How does a goalie that gives up 5 goals look sooo good. Jones as well, gave up 4 and made some great saves!

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm looking forward to UrinatingTree's youtube video on the Leafs losing game 7, lol. Should be epic.

Yeah thought it would be up by now.....must be working OT on it!

#638 4 years ago

That was the WORST very very very WORST thing I've ever seen in Hockey. A five minute major for a stick check because one of the Shark players told the ref he got hit in the face. NO WAY! Vegas totally got robbed.

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Bring on the sharks!

Go Avalanche!

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That was the WORST very very very WORST thing I've ever seen in Hockey. A five minute major for a stick check because one of the Shark players told the ref he got hit in the face. NO WAY! Vegas totally got robbed.

If that's the worst thing you've seen in hockey than you haven't watched much hockey, lol

#641 4 years ago

They got some respect now that they knocked off a No 1 seed (Calgary). It is very cool that their new player (Rookie Mahkar) comes into his very first NHL Game and scores his very first NHL goal in game 4. This is the first time that it has been done in NHL history. He is going to be on my watch with this next series with the Sharks. And the best thing is, guess where Mahkar is from, you guessed it Calgary!

#642 4 years ago

Anyone want to take bets on where the leafs go from here now? I think its safe to say that Kadri and Gardiner are gone, and probably one or two other guys due to the pending cap crunch. I think Babcock is still safe (for now), but only due to his overall career accomplishments. He really seemed to have trouble making proper matchups to the bruins lines.

#643 4 years ago

Anyone want to take bets on where the leafs go from here now? I think its safe to say that Kadri and Gardiner are gone, and probably one or two other guys due to the pending cap crunch. I think Babcock is still safe (for now), but only due to his overall career accomplishments. He really seemed to have trouble making proper matchups to the bruins lines.

They have handicapped themselves cap-wise with the contracts given out by Dubbas. And that's not even counting Marner getting signed to big bucks in the off-season.

I said it a few months ago in an earlier post but this year was their shot. The window is now closed until the huge contracts get moved elsewhere.

I think Babcock and Dubbas don't see eye to eye and Babcock will be shown the door after next year when they get eliminated in the first round again. Once Babcock gets shown the door the whole thing will unravel.

#644 4 years ago

I think its safe to say that Kadri and Gardiner are gone,

Kadri I would think is a no brainer to move. Clears $ on the cap but most importantly gets rid of a guy that hurts you in the playoffs. Kadri helped the Leafs get to the playoffs and then gets suspended 2 years in a row now.

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

And at the end of the day, Vegas only needed to prevent them from scoring 4 goals in 5 minutes.

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

They got some respect now that they knocked off a No 1 seed (Calgary). It is very cool that their new player (Rookie Mahkar) comes into his very first NHL Game and scores his very first NHL goal in game 4. This is the first time that it has been done in NHL history. He is going to be on my watch with this next series with the Sharks. And the best thing is, guess where Mahkar is from, you guessed it Calgary!

Jerome Iginla scored his first NHL goal against the Blackhawks in 1997 playoffs ,game 4 I think. His Kamloops blazers where eliminated ,he got called up and scored the only goal in a loss.

#647 4 years ago

Playing for the flames...

#648 4 years ago

K adri gone , brown, Gardiner
Nice of Babcock to throw kadri under the bus.
That pretty much says it all for kadris future with the leafs...my cousin mentioned why does babcock care the dude signed for over 40 million bucks???

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

And at the end of the day, Vegas only needed to prevent them from scoring 4 goals in 5 minutes.

Great point

#650 4 years ago

Watching Canes/Caps .... I think the Canes stole the Penguins Pylon Defense

There are 1,123 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-nhl-hockey-thread/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.