BBBD2FF8-E6C1-4230-B9FE-4D66A12A758E (resized).png
3FA16803-6451-4209-A21B-40B1556D30AC (resized).jpeg
7161100B-A319-4516-9AB6-F1BE9228F406 (resized).jpeg
FB59D3C1-6E9F-43DC-9AE9-8ABBA2F62179 (resized).jpeg
A62F5F5B-AF74-4577-817A-21CD3F938C74 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 The full list and pricing of Reese Rails. Posted by TaylorVA (9 years ago)

Post #205 Product update Posted by TaylorVA (7 years ago)

Post #1360 How to request an order from Taylor. Posted by TaylorVA (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 1,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 31.
#1 9 years ago

Welcome to the Reese Rails Pinside thread. I have been making replacement playfield rails for over a decade. Rails are made of oak and can be finished
in a variety of finishes and colors. Rails are milled and predrilled using templates of original rails I have on hand. If you need a set of rails for a game I do not have templates for you can send them in and I will replicate them.

Shipping information. I ship using USPS priority. Priority includes $50 insurance.
Shipping rates in the US are usually about $15 to the PNW and CA. On the Ease Coast it runs from $8-$12.
International shipping is available and I charge actual shipping cost. Recent shipments to Europe were in the $25-35 range. Canadian shipping is usually around $20. Australian shipping is around $25-$30, 2 sets I just shipped together were $50.

I usually attend the York, Allentown and ReplayFX shows and can deliver rails to those shows as well.

The following list is a complete list of rails I have on hand and cost before shipping. I have done my best to keep prices as low as possible to make rails an affordable option to those doing restorations or playfield swaps. With the increase in material cost over the years and differences in time and materials it takes to make the rails I feel like it is time to reflect those cost and make a definitive list with prices. These prices will go into affect on 4/1/'18.

Thank you for the business over the years and I hope to continue to provide this service for years to come.

$65
AFM
Barracora
BOP
BSD
CV
DW
FH
HS2
IJ(williams)
JD
LOTR
MB
No Fear
NGG
TSPP
TAF
T2
TZ
TOM
Tommy
TOTAN
TS
STTNG
SS
WH2O
Whirlwind
Who Dunnit
Road Show

$70
Atlantis
Bad Cats
Comet
CFTBL
DE Checkpoint
DE Time Machine
Diner
FT
JP
Taxi
Skateball
Sorcerer

$75
Big Game
Blackout
Centaur
EBD
EK
Firepower
Flash
Flight 2000
MH
MGOW
Medusa
Mystery Castle
Paragon

$80
Fathom
Xenon

$85
FG
Motordome

image-448.jpgimage-448.jpg

IMG_4576.JPGIMG_4576.JPG
IMG_9296.JPGIMG_9296.JPG

Post edited by TaylorVA: updated

RR Logo.pdfRR Logo.pdf
Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 4.00.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-23 at 4.00.29 PM (resized).png

#2 9 years ago

PM sent on WH20 rails

#3 9 years ago

Taylor I could use a set for TSPP if you have them available.

#4 9 years ago

I think I would pony up for at the least the right hand side of STTNG (heavy playfield). Not sure if these commonly fracture, particularly this game in this spot, but if you have an interest in making these and there is a market why not?

#5 9 years ago

I believe both sets have been spoken for.

I may have the STTNG rail and could do that one but will post a pic just to make sure it is the correct one.

I do not currently have TSPP rails to use as a template but can make them if an original set is sent. Another pinsider has inquired about TSPP as well as may be sending them to me so will update if I find out that it is the case.

#6 9 years ago

Next time you make white water, I'll take a set. No rush as I'm still at least 1k in parts from being able to restore it.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Next time you make White Water, I'll take a set. No rush as I'm still at least 1k in parts from being able to restore it.

You're on the list.

#8 9 years ago

Any chance of a Sorcerer? I'm thinking the gray wood color contact paper ones will have to go once I get my PF back.

#9 9 years ago

If you send yours in, Taylor can make you new ones. And they are super nice!

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Any chance of a Sorcerer? I'm thinking the gray wood color contact paper ones will have to go once I get my PF back.

I have done sorcerer before. I think I finished the rails with a natural stain and several coats of lacquer. They turned out nice. I did charge a little more because I believe some of the rails are a thicker stock. Nothing crazy, just not $40. Drop me a PM if interested.

#11 9 years ago

Got my set today for TAF. Arrived in perfect shape. Two thumbs up, they look great!

#12 9 years ago

Got my FH rails and cabinet skids for Totan today cabinet skids turned out great Taylor, anyone looking at these you will be amazed the original poplar flexes a lot on he playfield the oak ones are very solid no flex makes a difference and they look great a must for a restoration imop

1 month later
#14 9 years ago

For anyone on the fence, Taylor does great work. His rails are outstanding. Everything lines up and the finish is outstanding. Packaged very well also. Get rid of those crappy wrapped vinyl rails and go oak. Great job Taylor!

#15 9 years ago

Any idea on rails for a DE Checkpoint?

#16 9 years ago

I might pick up a FH set, mine is kinda shitty

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

For anyone on the fence, Taylor does great work. His rails are outstanding. Everything lines up and the finish is outstanding. Packaged very well also. Get rid of those crappy wrapped vinyl rails and go oak. Great job Taylor!

Thanks for the endorsement.

FH TZ Wh20 and TSPP pictured
IMG_5403.JPGIMG_5403.JPG

#18 9 years ago

I can be interested in the TZ ones, if I decide to replace my playfield (meaning I need to find one at a good price). I'll let you know.

#19 9 years ago

Hi Taylor,

Have you ever done Black Knight?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Hi Taylor,
Have you ever done Black Knight?

I have not.... But would if you need them.

I now have a set of T2 to use as a template.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Taylor did the rails for the Sorcerer full restore I am working on and they look fantastic. He is very fairly priced also. Buy with confidence.

1 week later
#22 9 years ago

bump for a set of FH rails that just became available.

I made a set of FH rails but the buyer decided they didn't need them. They are ready to ship.
$55 shipped in lower 48.

you can hit me up here on PM or at taylorva72 at the g mail place

#23 9 years ago

pm sent for fh rails

#24 9 years ago

Wh20 rails received.
They look great!

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Wh20 rails received.
They look great!

Thanks. Always appreciate the business.

FH rails are sold.

#26 9 years ago

Taylor did you get the TSPP rails finished?

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Taylor did you get the TSPP rails finished?

They are. PM sent.

#28 9 years ago

TSPP rails are sold.

I am accepting orders.
Winter is tough for spraying lacquer for me but I can do raw blanks for people to finish themselves or just allow for more lead time for me. Thanks.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Taylor did the rails for the Sorcerer full restore I am working on and they look fantastic. He is very fairly priced also. Buy with confidence.

I would like to order some rails for Sorcerer

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

I would like to order some rails for Sorcerer

In the works. Thanks for the business. - Taylor

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

In the works. Thanks for the business. - Taylor

Awesome! Thanks.

1 month later
#32 9 years ago

added Taxi as a template I have in hand

#33 9 years ago

Sorcerer rails awaiting final lacquer coats.image.jpgimage.jpg

Just finished some IJ and WH20 rails.image-54.jpgimage-54.jpg

#34 9 years ago

Taylor, Thanks so much for my Scared Stiff rails. Just installed them and they are perfect! Anyone looking for replacement rails-Taylor is the MAN!!! Thanks again.-Joe

#35 9 years ago

Got my Taxi rails today and they look great! Much nicer than the vinyl wrapped cheap wood. Will post a picture when I get them installed. Thanks.

#36 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. Winter can always be tricky on turnaround time with the cold so I appreciate everyone's patience.

Thanks to everyone for the business.

-Taylor

2 weeks later
#37 9 years ago

Got men today. They look great! Nice gloss paint. The pictures don't do it justice has a nice reflection in person. All holes drilled and ready to be installed. Excellent work

Nice packaging too

image.jpgimage.jpg image-630.jpgimage-630.jpg image-584.jpgimage-584.jpg image-237.jpgimage-237.jpg
#38 9 years ago

You don't happen to do EM? Maybe Centigrade 37?

#39 9 years ago

I don't have EM.
I have some MB and CFTBL rails coming in to be redone. I have orders for 10 sets of rails currently so Pretty busy. Best thing to do is to contact me before you start the tear down or directly after sending out a Playfield. I try to be prompt but the finishing is weather dependent.Thanks everyone for the work and for being patient with my schedule.

-Taylor

3 weeks later
#41 9 years ago

Did you ever think you'd be making siderails on the side, Taylor. Find a niche....fill it. I love it!!

Nicely done.

#42 9 years ago

Hah, cool! Is that my playfield panel?

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Did you ever think you'd be making siderails on the side, Taylor. Find a niche....fill it. I love it!!
Nicely done.

Thanks. Yeah, I had no idea but the orders keep coming in. Cant complain.

Quoted from Coyote:

Hah, cool! Is that my playfield panel?

It is. It still needs a coat or two but very close.

#44 9 years ago

Cool. Still no rush.. Chris still has my playfield.

#45 9 years ago

Bump bttt..

Taylor,I am local here to Richmond I have a Strikes&Spares that I am ordering a pf and plastics for keep your eye out for templates or I will have a pair for you soon! Machine is at my sis's house in our gameroom there I fish out of Md. when season opens in April I will be in touch!! Count me in for a future customer!
Regards
Preston

#46 9 years ago

Preston- excellent. Just LMK. I can be reached through Pinside or at [email protected]

#47 9 years ago

Finished Coyotes backboard today. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#48 9 years ago

Awesome!

Not I can't wait to get one of those backboard decals!

..I'm kidding, of course. I'll get pics of them all installed once I start reassembling my game!

#49 9 years ago

I have two sets in the works that can ship end of next week.

1 set AFM
1 set FH

$55 shipped lower 48.

Just LMK. -Taylor

#50 9 years ago

Any chance of shipping an Ij set to Australia?

There are 1,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.