DSCF3262 (resized).JPG
DSCF3265 (resized).JPG
BBBD2FF8-E6C1-4230-B9FE-4D66A12A758E (resized).png
3FA16803-6451-4209-A21B-40B1556D30AC (resized).jpeg
7161100B-A319-4516-9AB6-F1BE9228F406 (resized).jpeg
FB59D3C1-6E9F-43DC-9AE9-8ABBA2F62179 (resized).jpeg
A62F5F5B-AF74-4577-817A-21CD3F938C74 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'll take the taxi rails - pm me with the payment info again. It's been a while

pm sent.

Taxi are sold.

1 week later
#102 8 years ago

library is growing. Thanks to everyone that has sent me rails regardless of needing new ones or not.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

library is growing.

Awesome pic. Tells a story...
-mof

#104 8 years ago

updated template list in first post 7-28-'15

2 months later
#105 8 years ago

I decided to splurge on new rails for my Flash playfield project. I like Flash so it was worth it to me, especially once I saw the garbage wood williams used for this era replacing them was no brainer. One of the original rails I sent in was actually warped quite a bit and the new rails I received fit perfect. The original screws fit perfect in the new rails so the PF is now good for storage with solid oak rails until I get back to working on it.
The big question does gloss black look better than woodgrain?

IMG_3850.jpgIMG_3850.jpg

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

The big question does gloss black look better than woodgrain?

Depends on the theme, and the amounts of black and natural wood grain shown on the PF. In this case, yes.
-mof

#107 8 years ago

Taylor, what do you have on hand now? I plan to send some HS2 and TOTAN ones soon once I can get started on one.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Depends on the theme, and the amounts of black and natural wood grain shown on the PF. In this case, yes.
-mof

I really had not thought about it like that, makes sense though. I didn't expect him to run out and locate some 70's shelf liner woodgrain material.

1 month later
#109 8 years ago

Sorry about not checking in on this thread for a while. Been crazy busy with rails, the new podcast (This Flippin Podcast with Tommy Skinner) and life in general. I'm still pumping out rails and have 7 sets waiting on paint. I'll hit up this page with some pics and an updated list soon. You can also check out my FB page. Thanks for the continued support and business. Really proud to see my rails in so many games, from HEP to the first time restorer I do my best in giving the best product I can in a timely manner.

- Taylo

Quoted from dmacy:

Taylor, what do you have on hand now? I plan to send some HS2 and TOTAN ones soon once I can get started on one.

I just got in some TOTAN rails and I think I have HS2 but I need to check.

#110 8 years ago

I would like to buy a HS2 set if available.

-c

#111 8 years ago

Do you have a template for Earthshaker rails?

#112 8 years ago

Haven't done Earthshaker.

I'm need to check and see if the rails I have are for a High Speed or High speed 2.

#113 8 years ago

Looking forward to hearing if you have the HS2 tails Taylor. I'll have mine off next week to send if you don't have any templates.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Looking forward to hearing if you have the HS2 tails Taylor. I'll have mine off next week to send if you don't have any templates.

looks like the ones I did were for an original High Speed so I can use yours when they are ready. Thanks. - Taylor

2 weeks later
#115 8 years ago

TOTAN and HS2 templates are now in house. Been busy. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#116 8 years ago

I also have an Instagram account if you want to check it out. I post some process pics and they can be found on IG by searching #reeserails

Some custom blue dyed rails for an Evil Knievel Playfield swap I'm doing for a friend.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#117 8 years ago

BOP rails for templates are on their way.

#118 8 years ago

do you have BK2K? I should have a set somewhere I can dig up.

-c

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

do you have BK2K? I should have a set somewhere I can dig up.
-c

I don't.

I need to update my list of available titles as it has grown since I first started making these 8 yrs ago with my TAF. A lot of thanks to everyone that has sent me rails to replicate especially Chris Hutchins of HEP who seems to send me new rails and orders multiples whenever I seem to hit a lull and Bryan Kelly that has graciously sent me rails just to have in my library. I think I have about 25 different titles and it just continues to grow.

While I make a little money making these I have always viewed it more as a service for other hobbyist. I do my best to keep it affordable and try to get them turned around as timely as possible.

Thanks again to anyone that has ordered a set of rails.

- Taylor

#120 8 years ago

I missed this thread, but heard about them on the podcast. Great idea and product.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I don't.
I need to update my list of available titles
- Taylor

Please do - I have a backlog of restorations and would love to buy a bunch at one time.

2 weeks later
#122 8 years ago

Taylor:

Heard about your rails on the podcast, was curious if you have one available for Medieval Madness?

Thanks,

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Getssum:

Taylor:
Heard about your rails on the podcast, was curious if you have one available for Medieval Madness?
Thanks,

I have a MM rail and can make you one if interested. Hit me up on PM.

All outstanding orders should ship right after Christmas. Just doing a finishing coat on a AFM backboard.

I will have a couple extra sets available that I just made to use up some material.

I have in stock and will be ready to ship after Xmas-

Twilight Zone
Highspeed 2 the Getaway
AFM backboard- will need to drill own holes for T-nuts and for saucer bracket.

#124 8 years ago

AFM backboard is spoken for

#125 8 years ago

If anyone is on the fence about the Firepower rails, here they are. Just buy them...they're worth every penny!

ReeseFP_(resized).jpgReeseFP_(resized).jpg

#126 8 years ago

Shipped all rails today. Giving the AFM backboards a couple days more before shipping.

I still have sets for TZ, HS2 and possibly TSPP(waiting to hear if person still wants them) in the tubes ready to ship.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#127 8 years ago

Taylor
I would like a set of BoP rails if /when you have them for my restoration this winter.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Shipped all rails today. Giving the AFM backboards a couple days more before shipping.
I still have sets for TZ, HS2 and possibly TSPP(waiting to hear if person still wants them) in the tubes ready to ship.

image_(resized).jpeg

Woohoo! I see mine in that shipment. I can't wait to get them. Thanks again TaylorVA!

#129 8 years ago

I am thinking I am going to need a set of Congo rails. What kind of turn around time do you have right now?

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I am thinking I am going to need a set of Congo rails. What kind of turn around time do you have right now?

I am all caught up!! Woohoo!!

I can usually turn them around in 2-3 weeks from when they arrive. Weather dependent but that is my usual goal. I do not have Congo so they will need to be sent to me. I could replicate from photos but you'd need to predrill fro screws.

Quoted from Chet:

Taylor
I would like a set of BoP rails if /when you have them for my restoration this winter.

Will start on them tomorrow.

#131 8 years ago

Awesome! Thank you Taylor.

#132 8 years ago

Happy New Years and thanks for keeping me busy.

First sets of rails for 2016 are in the works!!

#133 8 years ago

These are pre drilled?

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

These are pre drilled?

All the rails are predrilled top and bottom to match the holes created in the factory.

Pic shows transferring the holes from BOP rails.

#135 8 years ago

Thanks Taylor for the HS2 rails. Fit great and look perfect as always.

#136 8 years ago

I would take a BOP set if you arn't too far along!

#137 8 years ago

Do BOP and Pinbot take the same rails?

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

I'm honestly not sure.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

Almost certainly not.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

I would take a BOP set if you arn't too far along!

Sent a PM

#141 8 years ago

Just installed my MB rails tonight. So much easier than making my own. Thanks for making these.

20160101_155044_(resized).jpg20160101_155044_(resized).jpg

#142 8 years ago

Sets ready to ship.

AFM(would ship at end of week)
HS2(sold)
TSPP
TZ

#143 8 years ago

3 new AFM backboards entering the world. These things are a total PITA. I route out openings and then give them 3-4 coats lacquer. Then wetsand and add an additional 2-3 coats. Thanks for keeping me busy over the holidays.

#144 8 years ago

Taylor does TOP NOTCH quality work.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Taylor does TOP NOTCH quality work.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

#146 8 years ago

I'm curious what kind of grade of wood do you use? I wouldn't think it would matter if you plane and sand it finished. Do you worry about bows or warped pieces? If you screw it into the playfield surely it will straighten as long as it isn't rocker leg warped.

#147 8 years ago

I hate to say this but for such an inexpensive cost, it seems too little to pay. Other than doing this yourself, who else does this other than a high end restore? I've used his rails on every Playfield swap I've done and even some I haven't. Thank you Taylor for taking the time for doing this for rookies like me.

Only pic I have of his rails on my phone currently.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm curious what kind of grade of wood do you use? I wouldn't think it would matter if you plane and sand it finished. Do you worry about bows or warped pieces? If you screw it into the playfield surely it will straighten as long as it isn't rocker leg warped.

I use red oak and take my time to only use straight stock.
Finding the wood takes time and when I find it I stock up.

Quoted from dmacy:

I hate to say this but for such an inexpensive cost, it seems too little to pay. Other than doing this yourself, who else does this other than a high end restore? I've used his rails on every Playfield swap I've done and even some I haven't. Thank you Taylor for taking the time for doing this for rookies like me.
Only pic I have of his rails on my phone currently.

image_(resized).jpeg

I've tried to keep it affordable as a way to make it a no brainer when doing a swap or a restore. I had to raise my prices at one point due to increases in shipping and raw materials going up. I may have to do it again but it does just reflect actual increases to me.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I use red oak and take my time to only use straight stock.
Finding the wood takes time and when I find it I stock up.

Have you used any other types of wood like walnut or hickory? I work in a cabinet shop so I can make them for myself I was just looking for your opinions.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Have you used any other types of wood like walnut or hickory? I work in a cabinet shop so I can make them for myself I was just looking for your opinions.

I haven't. Just cost prohibitive and the oak has the same grain as the vinyl wrap that was originally used.

There are 1,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oak-replacement-playfield-rails-wh2o-and-taf-ready-to-ship-or-york/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.