DSCF3262 (resized).JPG
DSCF3265 (resized).JPG
BBBD2FF8-E6C1-4230-B9FE-4D66A12A758E (resized).png
3FA16803-6451-4209-A21B-40B1556D30AC (resized).jpeg
7161100B-A319-4516-9AB6-F1BE9228F406 (resized).jpeg
FB59D3C1-6E9F-43DC-9AE9-8ABBA2F62179 (resized).jpeg
A62F5F5B-AF74-4577-817A-21CD3F938C74 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 31.
#51 9 years ago

I could but shipping is going to suck.

#52 9 years ago

Taylor I need a set of WH2O ones. I sent you a pm

#53 9 years ago

working on AFM and FH rails today.
IMG_7657_2.JPGIMG_7657_2.JPG

#56 9 years ago

I have one set of Wh2O rails ready to ship.

As of now all prior orders have been shipped.

#57 9 years ago

Just received my AFM rails. Very nice work, Taylor! Thank you! Definitely glad I got these. Now to get started on my AFM restoration.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Just received my AFM rails. Very nice work, Taylor! Thank you! Definitely glad I got these. Now to get started on my AFM restoration.

Thanks. Good luck on the AFM, the playfield swap is cake. Cab on the other hand...

4 weeks later
#59 8 years ago

sets ready to ship

Wh2O
TAF

$55 shipped lower 48

#60 8 years ago

Taylor I'll take the wh20 rails. I'll pm you.

#61 8 years ago

TAF and Wh20 rails are spoken for.

#62 8 years ago

Thanks Taylor

#63 8 years ago

Taylor,
If i send you a drawing of the BK2K rails can you make me a set?
Bob

#64 8 years ago

Taylor,
I have a nos checkpoint pf I'd like to get cleared and need new rails. Can/do you make the old DE ones?

#65 8 years ago

Just ship him the originals. Maybe even let him keep them, so he has them 'on file' for the next guy, you'll do the community a big favor!

I need a TZ backboard for my water damaged game. Next time you make one, please put me down for one!

#66 8 years ago

Sending them to me is the best bet to know that they are truly going to match. I've had issues, especially with TZ, in which the bottom holes that I drill did not match up precisely.

John, will do.

Btw, I have shipped all orders and am waiting on one set of MB rails to show up. I am unavailable the month of June for travel.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Sending them to me is the best bet to know that they are truly going to match. I've had issues, especially with TZ, in which the bottom holes that I drill did not match up precisely.
John, will do.
Btw, I have shipped all orders and am waiting on one set of MB rails to show up. I am unavailable the month of June for travel.

Interesting..
Two holes on the *top* of the ones you sent me did not match up. (For the lower/closer brace for the mini playfield.) Was an easy fix, of course..

#68 8 years ago

I should have asked before,do you make the back panel for TAF.
Backside of the playfield.

#69 8 years ago

pm sent

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting..
Two holes on the *top* of the ones you sent me did not match up. (For the lower/closer brace for the mini playfield.) Was an easy fix, of course..

That is odd. I have two sets of TZ templates now and will
Compare them. It's always tricky as I'm using used rails out of others games so can't always be certain that a hole wasn't errantly placed at some point.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Compare them. It's always tricky as I'm using used rails out of others games so can't always be certain that a hole wasn't errantly placed at some point.

I have a sample game, so I just filed it under 'game change'. (That, and strangely, one of the under-side screws in my game was never used.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The TZ ones you made for me lined up perfectly to a new mirco playfield.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

The TZ ones you made for me lined up perfectly to a new mirco playfield.

It seems hit or miss on TZ, but glad to hear that they are correct some times. I do take my time with transferring over all the holes as precisely as I can.

#74 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg ready for lacquer

#75 8 years ago

I just received mine last night,thank you.
These are really nice

#76 8 years ago

I hope one of those is for a TAF

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

I hope one of those is for a TAF

Top one and two others

#78 8 years ago

I'd like a set for Funhouse. How long is the wait?

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'd like a set for Funhouse. How long is the wait?

It's usually a 2-3 week turnaround. I'm a stay at home dad so I try to knock them out as quick as possible. A lot of the wait depends on weather and drying time before shipping. I don't require payment until rails are ready to ship.

That all said, this is not my job. This is something I try to do for other hobbyist that need the service. I feel it is a lot more about that than just having a product to sell.
It's been fun doing them and I appreciate all the business I have gotten.

Money earned through my rails has supported the Pinball Podcast, POP, Pinside and other pinball related projects.

#80 8 years ago

All orders have shipped. image.jpgimage.jpg

#81 8 years ago

I see the Shipping Manager has her hands full.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

I see the Shipping Manager has her hands full.

She runs a tight ship and keeps me out in the shop churning these things out.

1 week later
#83 8 years ago

Any chance you can repro BoP rails?

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Any chance you can repro BoP rails?

I think I have some, I'll check and post back.

1 week later
#85 8 years ago

Replicating some BSD rails today. image.jpgimage.jpg

#86 8 years ago

I have to take a break from making the rails for a little bit. I have some family issues and time restraints that are going to make it very difficult to get them done in a timely manner.

I am working on filling all orders that I have as quickly as possible and those orders should not be delayed.

Thank you to everyone for the business and patience with my service.

- Taylor

2 weeks later
#87 8 years ago

Unfortunately I had a set of rails arrive snapped in half. This is why I ship rails priority to include $50 in insurance. Bummed to hear though.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Unfortunately I had a set of rails arrive snapped in half. This is why I ship rails priority to include $50 in insurance. Bummed to hear though.

Duct tape?

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Sorry to hear that. Did you ship them in pvc like usual? That's some serious damage to get through pvc.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Sorry to hear that. Did you ship them in pvc like usual? That's some serious damage to get through pvc.

No. I started using cardboard shipping tubes. I've shipped over 50 sets of rails in them though with no issues so someone must have taken batting practice with it.

1 week later
#91 8 years ago

I am not sure what they did with the rails, but they definitely went to town on them. At least they were nice enough to tape the tube back together.

20150625_180242.jpg20150625_180242.jpg

#93 8 years ago

Taylor, are you back in making these or still in hiatus? I need a set for my wms IJ.

Rick.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Taylor, are you back in making these or still in hiatus? I need a set for my wms IJ.
Rick.

As of tomorrow I'll be taking orders again.

#95 8 years ago

Pinheads, I'm back to taking orders. Took a couple weeks off so I could travel with the family without worrying about who ordered what and creating a backlog. During our vacation I had a chance to play at some great pinball arcades on the east coast including Modern Pinball in NYC, Pinball Wizards Arcade in Pelham, NH and Flippers Arcade in Grandy, NC. Wow, we really are spoiled with locations like these out there.

I want to thank everyone for the business over the last year. I am a pinhead and hobbyist and really do this to provide a service for others that are doing restorations or swaps and need their rails to look as good as the rest of the game. I've been lucky to support my hobby through the service and appreciate all the patience people have shown with the time it takes for me to make and spray the rails.
I always try to get them out the door as quickly as possible but things do come up and delays happen and everyone has been great in understanding that. The summer is tough in the mid-atlantic as it gets pretty humid so drying times with the lacquer are longer than the rest of the year.

I think I have about 5 people that have inquired about new rails while I was on vacation so I will get to them first. You can hit me up through Pinside PM or email me at [email protected]

I also have a FB page at Reese Rails and have been doing some of the One and Done Podcast

I am on instagram at richmondpinball and some of my work can be seen there if you search #reeserails

Thanks everyone for the continued support. I have had several pinheads send me templates just for games that they knew I didn't have and that is greatly appreciated.

- Taylor Reese

2 weeks later
#96 8 years ago

Just finished spraying a couple sets of rails and had some extras.

I have a set of Taxi rails available.(sold)
I have a set of IJ rails available.

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have a set of Taxi rails available.

I can bring these to Pinburgh if prepaid. $50.
Shipped $55.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have a set of Taxi rails available.

I wish I had either machine in my collection Taylor makes great wood piece, definitely recommended!

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I wish I had either machine in my collection Taylor makes great wood piece, definitely recommended!

Thanks. Means a lot.

#100 8 years ago

I'll take the taxi rails - pm me with the payment info again. It's been a while

There are 1,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oak-replacement-playfield-rails-wh2o-and-taf-ready-to-ship-or-york/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.