(Topic ID: 105198)

Reese Rails- Closed for new orders until current queue is cleared.

By TaylorVA

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 758 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by TaylorVA
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 290 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

995E1E22-216D-4FA4-9C21-D4CF1DC1F4D8 (resized).jpeg
559596EA-5F9F-4532-8DFF-922D5058C257 (resized).jpeg
22BA6A23-24A2-4246-991F-13768A17FB2C (resized).jpeg
3C29845B-F2D2-4F64-80A5-C9819E68ED42 (resized).jpeg
FE46C11A-B3E8-4565-9DA9-4A362ED5C092 (resized).jpeg
49BE9F8C-9F2F-4696-ACDE-CFC263B28F8A (resized).jpeg
62E9E531-69BA-4EF7-9414-C5FCA758AA85 (resized).jpeg
FC818162-F913-45D6-B567-EB34881BD8FC (resized).jpeg
08CF1B94-13D7-4CED-9318-306903474349 (resized).jpeg
31034C78-F070-4A75-8063-335AA0489771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2539 (resized).JPG
IMG_2538 (resized).JPG
16CCC6EA-9E11-40BC-BCD4-039956134872 (resized).jpeg
13660B10-4BBC-48AB-B62F-426A4F18F6E6 (resized).jpeg
B90E54CE-649D-4FED-9E17-EEB413A53CD6 (resized).jpeg
6EE0D207-EDA2-4F67-850C-8FE188FA8566 (resized).jpeg

There are 758 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.
#201 3 years ago

I really want to apologize for the wait but we've had non stop humid conditions until yesterday. All rails received final coats today so a couple days and they should be ready to ship.

IMG_0770 (resized).JPG

#202 3 years ago

How similar are rails between different manufacturers and titles? Obviously the length and hole position are different but what about height and width? I live in Panama for a couple more years and shipping to and from here is very slow. I wanted to send you my Pinbot rails but it would have delayed my project for to long because of shipping times. Is it possible to buy rails painted and just cut them to the length I need?

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

How similar are rails between different manufacturers and titles? Obviously the length and hole position are different but what about height and width? I live in Panama for a couple more years and shipping to and from here is very slow. I wanted to send you my Pinbot rails but it would have delayed my project for to long because of shipping times. Is it possible to buy rails painted and just cut them to the length I need?

Rails are typically 1/2" X 1 1/8" I've done raw rails for people or painted blanks and then they drill the holes. I try to work with whatever the person needs. If you can measure me lengths I can make them and just send you painted rails.

1 week later
#204 2 years ago

Added Fish Tales to the inventory of rails that I can replicate.

2 weeks later
#205 2 years ago

Been busy filling orders. Currently making some Firepower and FG rails for a fellow Pinside. A couple FT sets and a FG set are ready to ship.

I've had to bump my prices a little to deal when USPS price increases. In most cases sets are $60 shipped unless there is extra material or finishing needed. FG for example has about 3x the material as a normal set as and Firepower is stained and then finished so a slight bump in price as well.

I am always open to trades for parts or mods and will work with you if in need.

Thanks for the business and for allowing me to be a part of your restorations, the response over the years has been humbling.

Cheers.

IMG_0988 (resized).JPG

IMG_1051 (resized).JPG

#206 2 years ago

Installed Reese rails on my ToM. Very happy with the result. I was doing a full tear down anyway it's the perfect time. A few pics nearly done now.

IMG_0970 (resized).JPG

IMG_0972 (resized).JPG

IMG_0968 (resized).JPG

IMG_0969 (resized).JPG

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

greenmachine19 thanks for posting the pics.

Your welcome. Very happy with these make a huge difference in appearance and the playfield feels more solid. The old rails were soft and the screws were hardly biting into the wood. So much material came out of the original rails because they were soft(and old).

#209 2 years ago

The Star Gazer rail sets have arrived in Canada, and will be distributed to their rightful owners!

Finish looks fantastic...mine won't be installed for a few months. I think Drano will have his installed the soonest.

#210 2 years ago

I have a set of f14 rails, would you like these sent over to use as templates?

#211 2 years ago

lordloss I think I have a set already but will let you know.

I do have a set for Fish Tales if anyone is in need.

#212 2 years ago

TaylorVA are Star Gazer rails available now?

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

TaylorVA are Star Gazer rails available now?

travisbmartin I made some off of measurements I was given. These did not have measurements for top holes, only the ones on the bottom.

#214 2 years ago

Better than nothing. I'll pm you an order soon

#215 2 years ago

Swamped with work so not taking new orders until I get current workload finished. Should be all caught up by Thanksgiving.

1 week later
#216 2 years ago

Everything ordered as of today has shipped.

#218 2 years ago

Nice got my doctor who rails coming and a kuzeman nos playfield all at the same time!

#219 2 years ago

Miniature backbox I was commissioned to make.

IMG_1475 (resized).JPG

#220 2 years ago

I got my rails for my TAF and WWH2O yesterday. Professional quality. Really like the blue dye. Happy Thanksgiving Taylor!

#221 2 years ago

What a cool idea, neat backbox!

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

I got my rails for my TAF and WWH2O yesterday. Professional quality. Really like the blue dye. Happy Thanksgiving Taylor!

You too!

Quoted from Strohz:

What a cool idea, neat backbox!

Thanks man. I owe you several care
packages.

2 weeks later
#223 2 years ago

Got my doctor who rails in look great!!

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Got my doctor who rails in look great!!

Excellent, glad they finally made it to you.

#225 2 years ago

Can I send in my Date East Time Machine rails to get remade?

1 month later
#227 2 years ago

Winter Break is over and I'm getting back into the swing. All rails that have been ordered are milled with at least 2 coats of lacquer. Hoping to get all sets their final coats this week.

#228 2 years ago

Taylor, do you have a list of what you have templates for? It seems you have quite a bit!

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Taylor, do you have a list of what you have templates for? It seems you have quite a bit!

I'll update this weekend.

All orders will be shipping this upcoming week.

IMG_2210 (resized).JPG

#230 2 years ago

Classy photo from a classy fella.
-mof

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Classy photo from a classy fella.
-mof

Thanks, means a lot. -Taylor

#232 2 years ago

All rails ordered have shipped

DETM to MN
AFM to CA
CFTBL to PA
Taxi and TAF to CA
MB to VA
Wh20 to WA
JP to PA

1 week later
#233 2 years ago

Busy week.

IMG_2377 (resized).JPG

IMG_2391 (resized).JPG

IMG_2399 (resized).JPG

IMG_2408 (resized).JPG

IMG_2426 (resized).JPG

#234 2 years ago

Is that a dark purple stain you have on one of those sets? What game is that for?

I'm wondering if a deep purple might look really nice in a Lord of the Rings. Do you have the templates for that game?

Can't wait to install the ones for TOM!

#235 2 years ago

It's a blue. I've made LOTR but they were based off of measurements emailed me so I wasn't able to drill the pilot holes. The blue might look really sharp in LOTR. I'll send a sample with the TOM rails.

1 month later
#236 2 years ago

Messaged you mate, in regards a set of BOP rails. I realize shipping won't be cheap to Oz but i don't mind paying for quality

#237 2 years ago

I need a set for Indiana Jones (Williams) Do you drill the holes necessary? Do you paint them? Thanks!

1 week later
#238 2 years ago

As of 4-8-17 all rails ordered have shipped. I have orders coming in from numerous sources so if you don't hear back from me within a day please reach out to me at richmondpinball@gmail.com

Thanks.

-Taylor

IMG_3012 (resized).JPG

#239 2 years ago

Just realized it's my 10 year anniversary making playfield rails.

Thanks to anyone that has ordered a set or sent me sets to have as a template for other people's order. I've made hundreds of sets for people across the country and on at least 3 continents.

Here's to the next 10.

-Taylor

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just realized it's my 10 year anniversary making playfield rails.
Thanks to anyone that has ordered a set or sent me sets to have as a template for other people's order. I've made hundreds of sets for people across the country and on at least 3 continents.
Here's to the next 10.
-Taylor

Eventually - later this year I think - I'm going to be sending you Nudge-It rails to make templates out of (you know, for the other 51 people that may need them..), and Meteor rails for templates if you don't have them already.

#241 2 years ago

Taylor, since CV playfields are now out there, do you have CV rail templates?

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Taylor, since CV playfields are now out there, do you have CV rail templates?

Pretty sure I do. Will check in the morning.

Quoted from Coyote:

Eventually - later this year I think - I'm going to be sending you Nudge-It rails to make templates out of (you know, for the other 51 people that may need them..), and Meteor rails for templates if you don't have them already.

Excellent, thanks.

#244 2 years ago

Current list of used rails I have as templates, always looking for sets to add. I will be at Allentown, Pinburgh and the York show.

Backboards
T2
TZ
TAXI

Rails
DW
TOTAN
MET (from a pro but seems like it would work on all models. Just not sure about holes on playfield side lining up)
DE Checkpoint
Wh2O
NF
Taxi
TZ
Paragon
NGG
AFM
MB
CFTBL
BOP
TAF
T2
Diner
Flash
FH
IJ
TOM
Blackout
SC
FT
Firepower
F2K
DE Time Machine
HS2
Whirlwind
Shadow
MM (single wood rail)
Sorcerer
Bad Cats
LOTR
JD
JP
SS
STTNG
TSPP
BSD
Tommy
Mata Hari
MGOW

#245 2 years ago

Just got my IJ set of rails yesterday! Haven't installed them yet since the playfield is still being restored but these rails look AMAZING!!!!

Thanks!!!!

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

dmacy no CV rails in my pile.

I will get in touch with you soon to send you some.

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Just got my IJ set of rails yesterday! Haven't installed them yet since the playfield is still being restored but these rails look AMAZING!!!!
Thanks!!!!

Good to hear, good luck with the project.

Quoted from dmacy:

I will get in touch with you soon to send you some.

Sounds good.

2 months later
#248 2 years ago

I will be on vacation until mid August. If at Pinburgh say hello.

2 months later
#249 2 years ago

Hello,

Are you back? Sent a PM....Thanks

#250 2 years ago

yeah, probably time for a title update

There are 758 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside