BBBD2FF8-E6C1-4230-B9FE-4D66A12A758E (resized).png
3FA16803-6451-4209-A21B-40B1556D30AC (resized).jpeg
7161100B-A319-4516-9AB6-F1BE9228F406 (resized).jpeg
FB59D3C1-6E9F-43DC-9AE9-8ABBA2F62179 (resized).jpeg
A62F5F5B-AF74-4577-817A-21CD3F938C74 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 The full list and pricing of Reese Rails. Posted by TaylorVA (9 years ago)

Post #205 Product update Posted by TaylorVA (7 years ago)

Post #1360 How to request an order from Taylor. Posted by TaylorVA (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 9 years ago

Hah, cool! Is that my playfield panel?

#44 9 years ago

Cool. Still no rush.. Chris still has my playfield.

1 week later
#48 9 years ago

Awesome!

Not I can't wait to get one of those backboard decals!

..I'm kidding, of course. I'll get pics of them all installed once I start reassembling my game!

1 month later
#67 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Sending them to me is the best bet to know that they are truly going to match. I've had issues, especially with TZ, in which the bottom holes that I drill did not match up precisely.
John, will do.
Btw, I have shipped all orders and am waiting on one set of MB rails to show up. I am unavailable the month of June for travel.

Interesting..
Two holes on the *top* of the ones you sent me did not match up. (For the lower/closer brace for the mini playfield.) Was an easy fix, of course..

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

That is odd. I have two sets of TZ templates now and will
Compare them. It's always tricky as I'm using used rails out of others games so can't always be certain that a hole wasn't errantly placed at some point.

I have a sample game, so I just filed it under 'game change'. (That, and strangely, one of the under-side screws in my game was never used.

1 year later
#173 7 years ago

Hey Taylor - Will you be doing rails later this summer?

If I send you Nudge-It rails, can your make a set of replacements?

1 month later
#180 7 years ago

Strange, he's replying in other threads, just not this one. Maybe he's not doing them anymore..?

2 weeks later
#189 7 years ago

Holy crap - that blue is awesome.

6 months later
#240 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just realized it's my 10 year anniversary making playfield rails.
Thanks to anyone that has ordered a set or sent me sets to have as a template for other people's order. I've made hundreds of sets for people across the country and on at least 3 continents.
Here's to the next 10.
-Taylor

Eventually - later this year I think - I'm going to be sending you Nudge-It rails to make templates out of (you know, for the other 51 people that may need them..), and Meteor rails for templates if you don't have them already.

7 months later
#299 6 years ago

I like the blue!
Curious - what dye colors are available?

3 months later
#378 6 years ago

I meant to ask - since I'm going to have you do my Big Ben rails - is Yellow or a light blue easily done?

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Anything is possible.

Ahem. I edited my post, smartass.

1 month later
#447 6 years ago

Best of luck, dude.

9 months later
#494 5 years ago

TaylorVA - no rush on mine. I can't start assembling my game until March.

1 week later
#503 5 years ago

Taylor - Can you send me a closeup of that green? Looks like it may fit well Wil the Big Ben colors!

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This is the best I got as they shipped today.
[quoted image]

Nice. That looks like it'll match well. Curious if you have a yellow or orange, but.. Will go ahead and contact you once you're ready to take new orders.

2 weeks later
#552 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Prepping this last batch for shipping. My daughter has the flu so won’t get to the post office until later this week.
coyote your rails are still in process. Finished dyeing but the rain has been relentless.

No rush! I'm just starting reassembly next week, and have a lot of stuff to clean and assemble before I ever get to the rails.
Thanks again!!

1 week later
#570 5 years ago

Rails arrived!

First thing installed on new-ish playfield!

They are darker than I anticipated (NOT Taylor's fault at all!), but looks fantastic.

IMG_20190309_200439 (resized).jpgIMG_20190309_200439 (resized).jpg
#574 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Sorry about the color. It's so tough to gauge with the dye. They look sharp though, thanks for posting.

No worries! Like I said - *I* was expecting a lighter color. Never expected you to match it! Since green was the least-used color on the playfield, I figured the rails would help it stand out. The back ball arch I powdercoated yellow, to match the curve and circle of the yellow on the bottomside of the clock-face. Should look nice once I get it more assembled.

1 week later
#584 5 years ago

Holy carp, that's a lot of rails!

11 months later
#842 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I’m not sure. I don’t do them that often so need to go back and see what I’ve charged in the past. They are a total pita as I eventually start wet sanding between coats to try to get a nice, almost mirror like surface.
TZ backboard from 5 years ago.
[quoted image]

Is that mine? I'm sorry for makin' you go through that. On the plus side - it shines nice. I did NOT cover it with an artwork decal.

9 months later
#1048 3 years ago

Thanks for everything you've done! While I didn't realize this was coming, and am kicking myself in the ass about not placing orders sooner.. you've done amazing work, and deserve a break! Have a great stress-free time off!

1 week later
#1061 3 years ago
Quoted from pennykpinball:

Hi, do you still have these for sale?

Quoted from robertg130:

Looking for the rail for TSPP
If you still have it
Thanks

They were custom made to order, and he's closed until next year.

1 month later
#1096 3 years ago

Family first..! I don't hear a soul complaining.

1 week later
#1111 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Funhouse Red Rails finally installed from 2 years ago.
Incredible work, perfect fit! Thanks.
[quoted image]

Ooh, that looks awesome. I like the red there.

2 weeks later
#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Cabs are tough for so many reasons - design changes galore + shipping. That being said I bet the demand is there - perhaps limiting the market - GTB EMs from 60s/70s for example or WMS SS From a specific period... collect orders and deliver at the big shows. I for one would have purchased several GTBs. Just a thought

Not to go off topic, but agreed. I would be interested in a WMS wide body cabinet for my TZ, and a classic Stern for my Meteor..

1 month later
#1244 3 years ago

Dude!
Rock on!

.. I'm not proud of that.

#1249 3 years ago
Quoted from eagle18:

Hang in there Mudflaps. It took 5 days for mine to go from Midlothian to Richmond (same city) then got to me in 1 day, today. All on 1 day Priority mail. I’m only 1.5 hours from Taylor. USPS fault, not yours Taylor. The rails look great, thanks.

Oh, man, do I have stories about this.
Including the latest order I had from Taylor here - it spent over three weeks in the dist center just outside his house. It didn't move until I opened a case on it. And then it got to me two days later. (I could have driven there, picked it up personally, and driven home in 6 hours.)

I have something right now shipped from Miami Florida. It... for some messed up reason ended up going out to Los Angeles. And then flew back to Pittsburgh.

A shipment of a custom Game Boy part came from Sydney - it made it from Sydney to Washington DC in 5 days. Via Columbus Ohio. And then it took 4 weeks to get to me - a drive I could have made in 2 hours. And again, it stopped and didn't move until I opened a case.

I've been going Fedex/UPS lately because of that.

4 weeks later
#1313 2 years ago

Taylor did my TZ's backboard - where he got the template from - and it's gorgeous. A nice rich black that you can see, and if you're standing to the side, watching someone else play, you can see the wood-grain reflect the lights from the game. Freakin' love it.

2 months later
#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

Is there a set for Stern Meteor?

He should have template - he made mine.

#1358 2 years ago

On my Meteor, I went with a dark blue. I don't have them installed yet, though - PF swap will come later this year.

1 year later
#1515 1 year ago

He lives pretty close to me-ish, if anyone knows how to get in touch with him, I'd be happy to take a road trip into VA and pick them up and preserve them.

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Hmm...that seems to be an ad...not sure you can comment on it...maybe start a thread in the restoration area?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rails-reproduction-rails

#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from ibis:

Thats exactly where I posted. It required me to place an Ad.

When this thread was originally started, you didn't have to have a linked ad. Since then, it's something the site implemented - can't have a topic here that's NOT linked to a for sale ad. So things like this have to have a linked ad, or post it in a different subforum.

Maybe the "Parts manufacturers -> New parts announcements" forum.

#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I was given a heads up to check out my thread.
-
Sorry I have been absent from Pinside and this thread, but my life took a turn in which keeping up with this “hobby” job became impossible for me.
During the pandemic sourcing material immediately became an issue and because of that I was unable to properly keep up with orders. Because of persistent supply chain issues and a nonstop deluge of emails for new orders I had to make the difficult decision to end my business. There is simply not a way I could ever catch up on orders so I simply stopped taking them.
If you believe you have an outstanding order with me, one in which I confirmed by email, please send me an email to [email protected] and I’ll do whatever I can do to make you right. Please include something in the subject to let me know it’s an outstanding order.
Please understand that I cannot take any new orders.
I want to thank everyone for the support over the last 15 years and hope that the last couple year and a half have not undone all my pinball karma.
-Taylor

I can honestly say that all we want is the best for you. Take care of yourself, and if you can, preserve/forward the templates you have, so others may continue your legacy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oak-replacement-playfield-rails-wh2o-and-taf-ready-to-ship-or-york?tu=coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.