FDEC8702-526F-4B5E-B2E3-5889B9F39B54 (resized).jpeg
BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 73.
#3401 3 months ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Officially in the club!

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the only pinball game that allows you to enhance the experience of other players from around the world (or just your machine if not connected to WiFi) when you drain!

#3402 3 months ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

There are settings available in Settings-Mechs (in any CCR application, including RITR) that modify the strength of the magnet hold and the VUK that launches to the rear of the ramp. I would suggest changing those (particularly the VUK, though you may wish to bring the magnet strength down a bit) and observing the difference - if it is bouncing back at the top of the arc without falling into the ramp, then a different adjustment would be needed.
If the VUK is not level with the playfield surface, it can also create some side-to-side movement during launches.

It’s bouncing right back down from the Vuk.

#3403 3 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

It’s bouncing right back down from the Vuk

I sent you a PM with support information.

We have a variety of information available on our support site as well. In particular, if the ball is having trouble launching to the playfield level, this section on quick adjustment applies to all new Multimorphic modules, including CCR (this example is WAMONH, but CCR has the same adjustment nuts):
https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/WAMONH_VUK_Launches#Quick-adjustment

#3404 3 months ago

So from what I've heard, Princess Bride is the upcoming licensed theme.

#3405 3 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

It’s bouncing right back down from the Vuk.

Could be a couple of things: you
May just need to adjust the VUK strength, but I bet it’s more of an alignment issue. The VUK tubes don’t always align exactly, and the ball can rattle around in the tube just enough to rob it of the power to get up smoothly. If you pull the playfield
Module and reinstall it, sometimes this is all you need to do. Or add more power!

#3406 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

We've heard similar stories ?here? ... but I don't trust the source. I remain skeptical until there is more than one source of disinformation.

#3407 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don't get the appeal but the movie was popular after my generation. Watched it for the first time after hearing the rumor and it was fine but pinball sales will certainly hinge on the nostalgia factor. If true, imagine Gerry has done his homework and is confident the theme will attract a chuck of new 40-50 year olds to the P3 customer base. Never imagined there would be a pinball called "Princess Bride" but it's better than Barbie, and if it's a good game I may still buy. No way I'm telling my 60 something, non-pinball friends though that my latest machine is Princess Bride.

#3408 3 months ago

If I told my "non-pinball" friends that my new game was The Princess Bride many of them would be more interested than if I told them I currently have Aliens, Godzilla, Jurassic Park, etc.

#3409 3 months ago

If a person's masculinity is threatened by which pinball machine they own then maybe the problem isn't pinball related?

I own Labyrinth which is also popular with women it seems. Even my brother tried the "ummmm..... you knowwww.... *pause*, it seems like Labyrinth is really popular with...... ya know..... females...."

As if this somehow would make me feel less like a man? I dunno.... Why would I care? I just thought it was funny. I'm old and fat - typical pinhead in the target demographic. No machine out there will make me feel or look more or less like a man. It's a pinball machine.

#3410 3 months ago

I wasn't a Labyrinth fan before the pinball and am not really after.
That said; I do think the pinball game has promise if they can keep to schedule and churn out the numbers they claim to be able to achieve. The game I saw at Houston was better than I thought it'd be.

As a Texas resident; I'm a "fan" of another startup here in Texas.
Just being hesitant to stand behind another team until they've proven themselves capable.

#3411 3 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is it not coming up to the playfield? Just keeps falling down? It’s an alignment issue then.

it comes up and bounces down. Likely too strong.

#3412 3 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

it comes up and bounces down. Likely too strong.

Sounds like you're right

#3413 3 months ago

Fixed it by bending it outward and lowering Vuk by 2.

#3415 3 months ago

They couldn't figure out if the machine is called "P3" or the company

#3416 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They couldn't figure out if the machine is called "P3" or the company

I usually refer to the company as P3 when talking about the game ... "P3 is releasing a new module this year" or "I have to send my broken FR to P3" or "you should buy from P3 over JJP". Multimorphic is a mouthful

#3417 3 months ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I usually refer to the company as P3 when talking about the game ... "P3 is releasing a new module this year" or "I have to send my broken FR to P3" or "you should buy from P3 over JJP". Multimorphic is a mouthful

I use P3 all the time as well but not as the company name, just as the machine. "A new game is getting released for the P3". "The P3 is heavy as f#$%", etc. lol. "I will bring my P3 to the show"

#3418 3 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

"The P3 is heavy as f#$%"

That's an understatement

#3419 3 months ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

That's an understatement

Figured you'd like that example as a fellow owner of the 1-ton pinball machine.

#3420 3 months ago

You're all invited to the Multimorphic factory to help us move our 500lb metal-framed prototype machine!

(The P3 weight is 330-370 lbs, depending on the playfield and features installed)

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#3421 3 months ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

You're all invited to the Multimorphic factory to help us move our 500lb metal-framed prototype machine!
(The P3 weight is 330-370 lbs, depending on the playfield and features installed)
- Gerry

#3422 3 months ago

Ask and ye shall recieve! Added a section.

Honestly Multimorphic rumors are pretty rare, probably because they don't do a ton of licensed work and have more of a focus on supporting 3rd party devs. But if we come across one we'll add it in.

#3423 3 months ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

Ask and ye shall recieve! Added a section.
Honestly Multimorphic rumors are pretty rare, probably because they don't do a ton of licensed work and have more of a focus on supporting 3rd party devs. But if we come across one we'll add it in.

Perhaps you missed the announcement about Weird Al and the several other licensed titles in the works !
I'm not going to post it here but there is definitely a ton of rumors swirling about the next licensed title

#3424 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Perhaps you missed the announcement about Weird Al and the several other licensed titles in the works !
I'm not going to post it here but there is definitely a ton of rumors swirling about the next licensed title

Weird Al was announced before I started tracking things there, but I hear you. One of those rumored titles is in the list. I'm sure there are other licenses in the works but I just haven't come across those rumors yet.

#3425 3 months ago

The princess bride is still a rumor but made by a 3rd party for the P3

#3426 3 months ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

Weird Al was announced before I started tracking things there, but I hear you. One of those rumored titles is in the list. I'm sure there are other licenses in the works but I just haven't come across those rumors yet.

beautiful!

#3427 3 months ago

Picking up an entire P3 package with Heist, Weird Al and Cosmic Cart this weekend! Does anyone need a Cosmic Cart Module on the cheap? Shoot me a message. Can /will ship.

#3428 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Picking up an entire P3 package with Heist, Weird Al and Cosmic Cart this weekend! Does anyone need a Cosmic Cart Module on the cheap? Shoot me a message. Can /will ship.

You should try RITR before getting rid of the module.

#3429 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

SA is more fun than CC and that is the reason I keep my CC.

#3430 3 months ago

I’m not full versed in this stuff yet, what is RITR?

Quoted from MrMikeman:

You should try RITR before getting rid of the module.

It looks to be more fun but I’m just not super interested in that. Sticking with Final Resistance Weird Al and Heist fire the time being

Quoted from rockrand:

SA is more fun than CC and that is the reason I keep my CC.

#3431 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ranger in the Ruins. Well regarded game that uses the Cosmic Cart module.

https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-game-kits/3rd-party-game-kits/ranger-in-the-ruins/

#3432 3 months ago

Are most of ya’ll ordering modules direct from MM? Or going through distributors? Any recommendations?

#3433 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Are most of ya’ll ordering modules direct from MM? Or going through distributors? Any recommendations?

Direct unless it’s an older module then I got a few used although at the time they didn’t have them in stock so I basically paid what they cost from multimorphic. Final resistance, I got on right away and ordered so I was one of the first to get it. If you go through a distributor you won’t get it as quick

#3434 3 months ago

Right on, I’ll go direct on Final Resistance. Anyone have the scoop on current turn around times?

Quoted from Happy81724:

Direct unless it’s an older module then I got a few used although at the time they didn’t have them in stock so I basically paid what they cost from multimorphic. Final resistance, I got on right away and ordered so I was one of the first to get it. If you go through a distributor you won’t get it as quick

#3435 3 months ago

If you have any interest in Drained, it is available direct at https://foramusementonlygames.com/shop - I have a limited quantity in stock that will ship immediately.

Thanks all for the kind words about RITR and FFRE.

#3436 3 months ago

Drained looks like a lot of fun, definitely considering it!

Quoted from bingopodcast:

If you have any interest in Drained, it is available direct at https://foramusementonlygames.com/shop - I have a limited quantity in stock that will ship immediately.
Thanks all for the kind words about RITR and FFRE.

#3437 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Right on, I’ll go direct on Final Resistance. Anyone have the scoop on current turn around times?

You’d have to contact them and see. They will let you know. Are you just looking for final resistance?

#3438 3 months ago

I've always ordered direct and don't see that changing.
Nothing wrong with a distributor, just say to pick up at their shipping a receiving department.
Not really an option for everyone.

#3439 3 months ago

Yes’sir, I’ll give em a holler

Quoted from Happy81724:

You’d have to contact them and see. They will let you know. Are you just looking for final resistance?

#3440 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It looks to be more fun but I’m just not super interested in that. Sticking with Final Resistance Weird Al and Heist fire the time being

Just try it, but sorce apprentice and ranger plus the online of CC and single player are totally worth it. The ball lock mech on the ramp is freaking awesome

#3441 3 months ago

Well *someone* has the license...

This card was packed in with some (non-P3) parts I ordered from Pinball Life.

- Mark

20240125_212050 (resized).jpg20240125_212050 (resized).jpg20240125_212102 (resized).jpg20240125_212102 (resized).jpg

#3442 3 months ago

Can anyone here speak to the reliability on location for the P3? I plan on running Weird Al, Heist and Final Resistance swapping out modules quarterly (or when / if there are issues).

I also wonder if starting a game will be intuitive for guests unfamiliar with them system aaaand do the games prompt you on what cabinet buttons to use? Also wondering of when a guest starts a game will they have to go through a menu of games to select the game they want? I’d like to make it as simple for people as possible to enjoy these games. As in…if I have Heist installed, they coin drop and are in heist and not some game menu.

Forgive my noob questions, I’ve only ever played one game for about 5 minutes on a P3 so I really don’t know much of ish at all haha

#3443 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Can anyone here speak to the reliability on location for the P3? I plan on running Weird Al, Heist and Final Resistance swapping out modules quarterly (or when / if there are issues).
I also wonder if starting a game will be intuitive for guests unfamiliar with them system aaaand do the games prompt you on what cabinet buttons to use? Also wondering of when a guest starts a game will they have to go through a menu of games to select the game they want? I’d like to make it as simple for people as possible to enjoy these games. As in…if I have Heist installed, they coin drop and are in heist and not some game menu.
Forgive my noob questions, I’ve only ever played one game for about 5 minutes on a P3 so I really don’t know much of ish at all haha

I can’t answer the questions for location and reliability but in settings you can have it load straight to the module that is in the machine so they don’t have select it In the menu

#3444 3 months ago

Love that, thank you!

Quoted from Happy81724:

I can’t answer the questions for location and reliability but in settings you can have it load straight to the module that is in the machine so they don’t have select it In the menu

#3445 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There’s a thread on this. Bottom line is the quality is pretty poor for route at this time. My machine has about 800 plays and I’ve already burned thru 2 sets of EOS boards and they won’t send anymore because they’re doing a redesign. When they fail it makes the flippers mushy. I also had the upper flipper bushing snap in half but they sent me a replacement and it’s been fine for a few weeks. Also the right target LED board comes unplugged every week.

The playfield is like a printed sticker and is showing significant signs of wear for weird al where the ball ejects and has just burnt thru the art. I wouldn’t expect the amount of failures on such a low play machine.

The worst part is customers don’t really like it because of the confusing flipper button layout. So it is my worst earner.

Hope it works out for you better than mine.

#3446 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The base P3 machine is pretty straightforward, but the newer modules are packed with mechs that could be difficult to service in the field. Some may disagree, but I believe they are designed mainly for the home vs. heavy commercial play. This may change with the robustness improvements Gerry has committed to on new titles. The good thing is that you can easily swap modules while one is being repaired.

The other big thing is the need to proactively invest the time to learn how the machine is built, operates and is serviced. It’s a different beast.

I honestly don’t know why someone would operate the machine other than for the love of the hobby and to introduce people to a great platform. Stern pros are obviously the best way to make the most with the least effort.

#3447 3 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I honestly don’t know why someone would operate the machine other than for the love of the hobby and to introduce people to a great platform. Stern pros are obviously the best way to make the most with the least effort.

I put mine out because kids love screens. My kids go nuts for p3 more so than any other pin. It definitely draws people to it. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to hold their attention. I’m going to test other modules soon. A stern pro is definitely a better choice if you just care about money vs making a cool experience.

#3448 3 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

I put mine out because kids love screens. My kids go nuts for p3 more so than any other pin. It definitely draws people to it. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to hold their attention. I’m going to test other modules soon. A stern pro is definitely a better choice if you just care about money vs making a cool experience.

I hadn’t thought of the video game/screen draw. And for places that cater to pinball enthusiasts vs. casuals it’s a welcome addition. I’m sure design reliability will continue to mature with volumes/economies of scale.

#3449 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Can anyone here speak to the reliability on location for the P3?

Without exception, I've only heard of bad route reliability for P3 machines.

Definitely want to mylar the landing area by the kickout on Weird Al so it doesn't tear through the playfield sticker:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-s-on-location#post-7812823

#3450 3 months ago

We're wrapping up our full quality review, and we'll soon release results and plans to move forward. The platform will continue to evolve in all areas... Games, features, and quality, and all existing owners, even the majority who aren't experiencing many issues, will be taken care of.

Talk is cheap. Experiences and actions are real. Please stay tuned for our action plan to continue improving everybody's experiences with the P3.

- Gerry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,499 (OBO)
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.