(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,341 posts
  • 1,410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 minutes ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 769 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,341 posts in this topic. You are on page 348 of 427.
#17351 8 months ago
Quoted from sherpahigh:

An opportunity came up to grab my first real pinball machine a few weeks back... it was a few months earlier than planned but was the perfect theme at a great price so I pulled the trigger. Haven't been around much to play it, but finally got a chance to get a few things done to it... speaker lights, and insider connect... and finally getting some games in.
I stumbled across a SD card yesterday and figured I'd give it a shot. Turns out to be the movie code... So Awesome!
Only problem is I don't have insider connect working on that SD now. Assuming that's an easy fix with a windows computer and the two SD cards?
Hit a new PB for the game tonight and earned a High Score #1 with 417,585,690... no record on my insider connect account, unfortunately.
[quoted image]

You can actually use Insider Connect with the latest movie code based upon 1.05 but there is no Home Team functionality.

#17352 8 months ago

Ok got you. Looks like my movie code is 1.03 so no insider connect…

Still a ton of fun to play it with the movie code but if anyone’s got a 1.05, I’d love a DM!

Thanks for the welcome!

#17353 8 months ago
Quoted from sherpahigh:

Ok got you. Looks like my movie code is 1.03 so no insider connect…
Still a ton of fun to play it with the movie code but if anyone’s got a 1.05, I’d love a DM!
Thanks for the welcome!

Premium? If you have a drop box I can help you out on a Premium.

#17354 8 months ago

I hear 1.05 has a movie code but some of the sound call outs are are varying volumes and not as polished as 1.03

#17355 8 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

I hear 1.05 has a movie code but some of the sound call outs are are varying volumes and not as polished as 1.03

I didn't notice anything glaring over about a week or so but you could certainly be right. I put 1.08 back on because I use Home Team.

#17356 8 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I didn't notice anything glaring over about a week or so but you could certainly be right. I put 1.08 back on because I use Home Team.

I played Movie code from day one. Recently put 1.08 on when I installed Insider Connect.. I actully like it. The movie code is great... But seeing Sam Neil rip is glasses of 3 times a game was getting old... lol

#17357 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I played Movie code from day one. Recently put 1.08 on when I installed Insider Connect.. I actully like it. The movie code is great... But seeing Sam Neil rip is glasses of 3 times a game was getting old... lol

Yeah. I'm cool with the stock code. The movie code is cool and all but I don't think stock is terrible either.

#17358 8 months ago

You guys are nuts. The movie code is icing on the cake. Who wants to eat cake without icing?

I get it if you REALLY want to use IC and Home Team though. I just don't have much interest in that. Different strokes

#17359 8 months ago

So my new one that’s coming next week is that up to date with whatever movie code everyone is talking about? Or do I have to do anything?

#17360 8 months ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

You guys are nuts. The movie code is icing on the cake. Who wants to eat cake without icing?
I get it if you REALLY want to use IC and Home Team though. I just don't have much interest in that. Different strokes

It's an impressive piece of work and I appreciate the unpaid labor that went into it, but at times it also becomes a bit of a grab bag of random video and sound bites from the first movie as well. IMO it's just hard to compete with something specifically made for a pin like on GZ where they created clips mimicking the original assets where needed to supplement the story line.

#17361 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

So my new one that’s coming next week is that up to date with whatever movie code everyone is talking about? Or do I have to do anything?

The movie code is fan made and not provided by Stern.

#17362 8 months ago

Installed the wiz blades today... They don't have holes for the rear bolts which sucks for alignment and their vinyl isn't "air escape" that I can tell so I had to go old school on it.... And they took 3 weeks to arrive from Portugal. However, they look really good. Lol

Thanks Markharris2000 for the referral

PXL_20230813_220207464 (resized).jpgPXL_20230813_220207464 (resized).jpgPXL_20230813_220213606 (resized).jpgPXL_20230813_220213606 (resized).jpgPXL_20230813_220225906 (resized).jpgPXL_20230813_220225906 (resized).jpgPXL_20230813_220735541 (resized).jpgPXL_20230813_220735541 (resized).jpg

#17363 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Installed the wiz blades today... They don't have holes for the rear bolts which sucks for alignment and their vinyl isn't "air escape" that I can tell so I had to go old school on it.... And they took 3 weeks to arrive from Portugal. However, they look really good.

Those look great! Can you provide a link?

#17365 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Installed the wiz blades today... They don't have holes for the rear bolts which sucks for alignment and their vinyl isn't "air escape" that I can tell so I had to go old school on it.... And they took 3 weeks to arrive from Portugal. However, they look really good. Lol
Thanks Markharris2000 for the referral
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same ones in my JP and they look great.

I too had a hard time lining them up with constant air bubbles. I placed many orders with them and their products are good, although I prefer anything magnetic over decals. The magnetic speaker and coin door panels are easy to attach. The only downside is the waiting period to get your products, but they are trustworthy.

#17366 8 months ago

Having some issues with my TRex ramp optos reading. If the shot is too fast seems to not register and then not work for a little bit and then it will work. Testing with the glass off it's pretty inconsistent also don't know which opto of the two actually register the map shot/skill shot. Anyone have this issue?

#17367 8 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Having some issues with my TRex ramp optos reading. If the shot is too fast seems to not register and then not work for a little bit and then it will work. Testing with the glass off it's pretty inconsistent also don't know which opto of the two actually register the map shot/skill shot. Anyone have this issue?

It's complicated....

The opto at the entrance registers entry of course but also turns on the mouth magnet if you have a Premium. This is the one people have problems with when the ball goes slightly airborne. Block of a bit of the bottom half of the emitter on the left side of the ramp with a small piece of electrical tape to see if it improves.

The switch at the top of the ramp registers ramp complete and activates the paddock entry etc. If you have issues with that it's likely a bad switch or loose wiring. It seems pretty robust otherwise.

#17368 8 months ago

I saw someone on Facebook having this exact same issue but I lost track of the post.

My Raptor figure keeps getting stuck. Usually it's the hands that get caught inside of the plastic when it is knocked down, I should really take some pictures. I have tried bending it different ways but it always seems to bend back to the incorrect position. Anyone else here have this issue and if so, what was the best way of correcting it?

Thx

#17369 8 months ago

Just joined the club today! Super excited for this one.

IMG_2958 (resized).jpegIMG_2958 (resized).jpeg
#17370 8 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

A piece of black electrical tape covering bottom half of opto fixed mine. Search the forum... lots of pics etc. easy fix

#17371 8 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I saw someone on Facebook having this exact same issue but I lost track of the post.
My Raptor figure keeps getting stuck. Usually it's the hands that get caught inside of the plastic when it is knocked down, I should really take some pictures. I have tried bending it different ways but it always seems to bend back to the incorrect position. Anyone else here have this issue and if so, what was the best way of correcting it?
Thx

There are many posts about this. I even very recently posted a link to an STL file for a nub that straightens out the raptor. I highly suggest a quick read/search through the thread and the many different approaches to straightening out the raptor.

#17372 8 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

There are many posts about this. I even very recently posted a link to an STL file for a nub that straightens out the raptor. I highly suggest a quick read/search through the thread and the many different approaches to straightening out the raptor.

Using a heat gun has seemed to work for a bunch. Mine just returns to leaning a few days later... close to ordering a new one...

#17373 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Using a heat gun has seemed to work for a bunch. Mine just returns to leaning a few days later... close to ordering a new one...

Mine is still under warranty from Stern, maybe I should just have it replaced?

I'll search the thread first to see what others have done...

#17374 8 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Mine is still under warranty from Stern, maybe I should just have it replaced?
I'll search the thread first to see what others have done...

I just ordered the raptor...$90...so if can get it replaced under warranty do it

#17375 8 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Thx

My raptor also gets stuck in the same way as yours. I'm gonna work on what I feel will be a fix and report back on this forum in a day or so.

#17376 8 months ago

A relatively easy fix for this is to take the plastic off behind it which is just two screws and ever so slightly slot those holes and then put it back on adjusted backwards so that the weights don't hit it

Quoted from golfergordy:My raptor also gets stuck in the same way as yours. I'm gonna work on what I feel will be a fix and report back on this forum in a day or so.

#17377 8 months ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

My raptor also gets stuck in the same way as yours. I'm gonna work on what I feel will be a fix and report back on this forum in a day or so.

Please do.

#17378 8 months ago

Just got the premium today and noticed the raptor isn’t behaving as expected. It’s always in the down position and just has a long screw through the tail attached to nothing. Can someone show me what this is supposed to look like? Am I missing parts?

IMG_2959 (resized).jpegIMG_2959 (resized).jpeg
#17379 8 months ago

Yes, if you scroll back up through this thread just a little ways you'll see she's supposed to have weights and a black nut on the bottom of them. Also interesting that you have washers on that clear plastic there around her, I don't have those, just screws.

I'd be looking in the cabinet and under those plastics, etc for those black washers (weights) and the nut.

Quoted from tgarrett09:

Just got the premium today and noticed the raptor isn’t behaving as expected. It’s always in the down position and just has a long screw through the tail attached to nothing. Can someone show me what this is supposed to look like? Am I missing parts?[quoted image]

#17380 8 months ago

Tried to search, but no luck…

Any idea how to fix a truck that navigates the wrong way?

E0B9426A-B2F1-487D-8611-E598EAF263C4 (resized).jpegE0B9426A-B2F1-487D-8611-E598EAF263C4 (resized).jpeg
#17381 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Yes, if you scroll back up through this thread just a little ways you'll see she's supposed to have weights and a black nut on the bottom of them. Also interesting that you have washers on that clear plastic there around her, I don't have those, just screws.
I'd be looking in the cabinet and under those plastics, etc for those black washers (weights) and the nut.

Thank you! When it was set up today the guy found a bunch of black washers at the bottom of the cabinet and I told him to throw them in the coin box and I’d try to track down where they came from. Turns out they were weights for that raptor! I’m all set now, thanks!

#17382 8 months ago

What is this???

https://fb.watch/msAdTHhE2S/?mibextid=4DUQ2X

Screenshot_20230816_100519_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230816_100519_Facebook (resized).jpg
#17383 8 months ago

Assume it will be like the Elvira 40th release? A new fancy LE release for the 30th?

#17384 8 months ago

Deleted.

#17387 8 months ago

So clearly they are reanimating parts of the movie. Hmmmmm

#17388 8 months ago

This just showed up in my email from Stern.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17389 8 months ago

Probably would be wishful thinking.... But how bout a matching code update with movie assets?

Hell I'd even be willing to spend a little if this were considered something of a DLC

#17390 8 months ago

Movie code question.

Is there movie code for the latest version of the game and can it be used with IC?

#17391 8 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Movie code question.
Is there movie code for the latest version of the game and can it be used with IC?

I believe the latest movie code is version 1.05 which isn't compatible with IC.

#17392 8 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

This just showed up in my email from Stern.[quoted image]

I'm sure glad I ordered my JP Premium two days ago.... I don't usually get FOMO, but I would like to know what I'll be "missing"!

#17393 8 months ago

I'm hoping a movie code drop?? Wishful thinking, but I'm kinda gonna be PO'd if they do another release based on movie assets or release one with movie themed art.

#17394 8 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I believe the latest movie code is version 1.05 which isn't compatible with IC.

Thanks for the reply.

Can anyone message me with a link to obtain it please?

Thanks.

#17395 8 months ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I'm hoping a movie code drop?? Wishful thinking, but I'm kinda gonna be PO'd if they do another release based on movie assets or release one with movie themed art.

Agreed hopefully it's just a sparkling bling like EHOH 40th otherwise I'm not thrilled about missing movie art and Jeff goldblum

#17396 8 months ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

If they are updating the code to include anything new without charging us for it I will be thrilled. Even a few new animations would be a bonus. Maybe the Venom demand has been so underwhelming they are looking for a quick way to keep the line busy. A re-run of JP with a few new assets and some more features for the original owners would be awesome. It might also just be a special release of the home edition with a pink coin door.

#17397 8 months ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

We aren't going to get movie code from Stern. More than likely this will just be a new art package/trim level for the game. I wonder if they brought Johnny Crap back to do it, or maybe we'll see Zombie Yeti's artwork on a JP pin?

#17398 8 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'm sure glad I ordered my JP Premium two days ago.... I don't usually get FOMO, but I would like to know what I'll be "missing"!

ditto, hopefully it's either code and assets for all machines or a new exclusive and ridiculously expensive pin.

#17399 8 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Probably would be wishful thinking.... But how bout a matching code update with movie assets?
Hell I'd even be willing to spend a little if this were considered something of a DLC

I would totally pay for some anniversary code but it seems unlikely.

#17400 8 months ago

It's a run of 500 "Limited Edition" games priced at $13k.

Stern felt it was ok to make 500 more LEs since they only made 500 initially. (and I guess felt it was ok to kick the current LE owners in the balls).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,341 posts in this topic. You are on page 348 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/348 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.