(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider br81zad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15847 1 year ago

Just joined the club today!

Here's a pic of my boy getting some flips in. The shaker motor startled him the first time he fed the Trex. Lol

20230113_171142 (resized).jpg20230113_171142 (resized).jpg
#15877 1 year ago

I have a question about the TRex head in the Pro edition. Does it move at all?

From reading the rule set, the only time it mentions the head lowering is in TRex Rampage mode. I've started that mode and hit both the left ramp and the right ramp. And the TRex never dropped. The game continued and kept score as if nothing was wrong, but I was waiting for the head to lower and it never did.

So, am I missing a step in triggering the head move? Is there an option in the settings to turn head movement on/off?

I've only had the pin for a few days, so I'm still getting familiar with it.

#15879 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayont:

The T-Rex head does not move at all in the pro version. It's just a static figure.

Gotcha. I wish the code took that into consideration. When you enter Rampage, there's an on-screen prompt about lowering the head by hitting the left or right ramp

#15881 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Maybe dumb ? Do you have right code?

Just brought it home Friday. From memory, I think it's 1.06? Does that sound right?

#15884 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

There are specific versions for Pro, Premium and LE machines - so you just to to ensure that you have the 1.06 Pro version. To ensure you could simply download the latest version from Stern making sure you have the one for the Pro machine

I'll have to boot it up and check after I put the kids to bed.

Btw, was it you who did the T2 pin2dmd colorization? If so, thanks a ton. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Great work

#15885 1 year ago

It's the Pro 1.06 confirmed.

I'll try to take a shot of the Rampage prompt sometime if I can.

20230116_203929 (resized).jpg20230116_203929 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#15948 1 year ago
Quoted from jlock:

Finally blew it up tonight after about 2400 plays...7 fossils (previous best was 3) and I made it to secure control room for the first time! No visitors center or museum mayhem (have only reached those a couple times each). This game doesn't get old.
[quoted image]

Dude, how? Lol

I'm struggling to break 300k. (Only had the game a couple weeks though)

3 months later
#16355 11 months ago

Forgive me if I sound naive here, but do high scores reset automatically after a certain number of plays, or is there a problem with my machine?

I had some friends over and they were playing my JP Pro for a bit. Then I noticed that one of my friends got to enter initials for setting the Skill Shot Champion with 2. My previous high was 12, so I knew something was up. I then scrolled through the high scores and the only score maintained from before was my GC. Everything else had been reset to the defaults.

I know they didn't open the coin door or tamper with anything. And there was no power issues. So what gives?

#16357 11 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Yes. There is a high score reset after a certain number of plays (2000?) … unless you set that to off…or whatever number you want.

Well damn. At least my GC score stayed. Lol

Guess I'll dive into the settings when I have a chance.

#16379 11 months ago
Quoted from Killermarmot:

Feel like a crazy person, apologies in advance for the rant but I need help what to do next.
Had my JP Prem for a couple years now, I'm at around 1800 plays. Love the game, rules, the shots when it's flowing... but... it's just never really clicked for me success wise whereas Godzilla just feels great after 50 games (around 800 now and hit a Bil a couple hundred games ago). JP High score isn't great 600mil or so, never made it past T-rex paddock, never seen late game stuff and I really really want to!
Had a few hundred plays in the beginning at stock 6.5 deg and factory setting, played 5 ball for a while just to see if it was timing and keeping balls alive, went to 7 degree and noodled with flipper strength some things felt better, lots felt worse, after 1000 plays I replaced balls and rubbers with titans, shots felt way way more precise but a lot of the "flow" felt like it was lost, a few hundred plays at that and changed to where it's currently at 6.7 degrees, mostly factory flipper settings and I'm losing my mind. I feel like I can nail almost every shot in the game except the main ramp. I feel insane because I can nail missile shot, control room, raptor, etc but can't get rex ramp from plunge, from cradle, and feels like with the titans I can't comfortably transition a ball from left flip to right. Since rubber replacement, feels like most of games the ball is just bouncing around pointlessly until I can get some shots but can't consistently progress. Really do love the rule set and the shots but every game is just frustration.
Been following this thread for a while and tweaked and tuned based on it but would love advice of where to go to bring this game back to life. Should I just go back to factory 6.5 deg, stock settings, and start over? I want to love this game again.
Thanks for any advice.
P.S. am I crazy or is JP's mechanics WAY louder than Zilla? Seems like the flippers, bumpers, and slign mechanics are way louder than Zilla.

I hit the wall hard like you described with my high scores plateauing in the 600k range. What I did to break through the billion ceiling is dig into the rule sheet and identify each way to score an extra ball. I also looked up the dino DNA shots and practiced stringing some of those in when the time/situation was right. I found that I was routinely getting the 6-Rescue extra ball, and occasionally getting the DNA extra ball, but that was it. By learning how to grab more of them (I cap my machine at 5) I'm able to extend the game and activate more modes/reach more paddocks. Reaching the Visitor Center pays out huge points bonuses based upon the number of paddocks visited.

Best of luck!

#16386 11 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

I'm learning the rules more ... which really increases the enjoyment of the game. But, for the life of me, I cannot hit the smart missile when it's counting down. That is a damn hard shot to thread the needle. TIPS are appreciated, friends!!

Honestly, I just try to hit the right ramp. Because the ball is stalled, it's moving slower than it would normally be rolling down the flipper, so it comes off "early" and occasionally I score the missile shot. (or I slam the left post of the right ramp for a SDTM rebound, lol)

1 week later
#16464 11 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

Update ... I downloaded the Zip of the JP Ultimate movie code from the link that was sent to me.
But I cannot get Win32 Disk Imager to open (after I downloaded it). So I can't put the .Raw file onto the SD card.
I then downloaded Pinball Browser, but it wouldn't work until I "donated" $20. I don't really care to be forced to pay a "donation" - and I don't even know if it'll work either.
Any tips?

I also used Win32, but i had to try a couple different SD cards before I got one to boot fully and install. All were formatted properly, but it didn't like my Samsung cards for some reason.

1 month later
#17060 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

With the art on the premium the fiery skies pay homage to the DE JP translite, which I like (I have no idea if that was purposeful or not).
[quoted image][quoted image]

With the word print on the Pro spelling out "Jurassic Park" in lieu of the JP logo, isn't the Pro translite paying homage to the DE JP translite directly? (not just up for interpretation such as the color of the sky being similar)

The Trex mech is sweet, but I bought a DE TMNT for $2500, and I'd much rather have an entire pin than a couple of add ons. I suppose that may change once I run out of space for more pins. lol

4 weeks later
#17215 8 months ago
Quoted from DoctorSpeedy:

Finally got my real glass translite from xianek. The foil on the Jurassic Park text just pops. Best mod for my JP thus far. The translite from stern looks drab compared to this.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where might I buy this beautiful piece of glass?

#17217 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Poland apparently LOL

Excellent, I'll just drive by after work. lol

#17219 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Yes just ring up Poland as a whole and tell them you would like some unlicensed Jurassic Park glass lol

Do you happen to know their hours of business? Their phone line seems to be busy. lol

2 weeks later
#17358 8 months ago

You guys are nuts. The movie code is icing on the cake. Who wants to eat cake without icing?

I get it if you REALLY want to use IC and Home Team though. I just don't have much interest in that. Different strokes

#17579 8 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I personally don't think these will sell out.
Everyone who wants a Jurassic Park already has a Jurassic Park.
Just look how many premiums are for sale in the marketplace right now.
The 13k LE is from a covid pricing model. We are long past that now.

Several Premiums and LE's just hit marketplace because people are wanting to upgrade to the 30th edition. And there's only 500 of these, so I'd bet that they do sell out.

#17584 8 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Some are listed below MSRP and they aren't moving.

It's been a day. lol

#17741 8 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I look forward to the challenge of trading in the red one for the next round of 500 limited editions in another color.

If they're following Pokemon colors (and I have to believe that they are, since we now have Emerald and Ruby) the next JP LE will be the John Hammond Saphire edition. Customers should "Spare no expense" when opening up their wallets for that one.

#17841 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Love the new Nedry save, but I am not sure if it’s enough to ditch the movie code

The 2v2 co-op has me intrigued for game night possibilities. And the 3v1 for playing my kids.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider br81zad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=br81zad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.