IMG_3503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1889 (resized).jpeg
20240423_202846 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_185527284 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8400 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,796 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 316.
#10051 8 months ago

I don’t really see much bitching about the code? Lots of people are just theorizing about what will be done next.

It made sense to bitch when the multiplier light didn’t do anything a year from launch, but now there isn’t much to complain about in my opinion.

Bond girl vids will be nice but is it really as important as some are making it? Would it really be a deal breaker? They will 100% get some sort of reward for completing the modes, and they will balance it out correctly. The game is fun right now, it will get a lot more fun this fall. Just be happy they have a team sending out viable updates.

I remember when I bought Phantom of the Opera in the 90’s, I got 3 updates total years apart.

#10052 8 months ago

Anyone else having problems with goldfinger not lighting up when those 3 wizard modes are ready the lights just cycled between the two (no, and Kleb)

#10053 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ahoy Bond
Crab
Goldfinger
Minis. I keep getting Ahoy. The GF target changes the mode select like pops for Q branch.
How do you know which mini is lit?
This game kicks ass!
Great job Mike V and Lonnie and team.
I’m not beneath paying big bribes to get some Bond girl clips in there if you are reading this!
Bring it home.

Lots of great modes. The coding team needs to add more high score saves for modes and wizard modes.

Lonnie did the same thing with Stranger Things. Very few high score options which in my opinion is a miss. It doesn't need to be like Elwin's pins with high scores for 50 differnt random things but there should be more. That would be pretty easy to add too. I don't know if it is laziness or something else.

#10054 8 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

- A way to get to villain/henchman modes faster (spot me some ramp shots). Too much wood chop to turn them on currently.

This is in the settings. Default is easy but there is a very easy mode which (I think) only takes one time hitting the ramp to start a mode.

#10055 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you know which mini is lit?

Right now either Dr. No, Klebb or Goldfinger are rapidly blinking when a mini wizard mode is ready. The whole line of villains is blinking and pointing to the right ramp but one of those is blinking faster. Hit the target between the ramps to change which one is blinking, then hit the ramp to start it.

#10056 8 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Any toppers anywhere?? I’m trying to help out a friend find one.

On eBay one sold for $1800 and $2500. One on pinside for $2000 currently. I may sell mine if I could get that out of it. If only 500 these will be $3500 like other rare toppers.

#10057 8 months ago

Well that sucks!
Playing my third game under new code and had 1.7B with at least 3 extra balls waiting, most of the villains, henchmen, weapons and Q Branch. Fired the ball into Q Branch for Little Nellie and the game rebooted. Damn! Damn! Damn!

#10058 8 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

This is in the settings. Default is easy but there is a very easy mode which (I think) only takes one time hitting the ramp to start a mode.

Yeah, that's fine and all. Could turn up mode timers too. I'm talking about the way to do (risk) something to make something else easier (reward).

#10059 8 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

On eBay one sold for $1800 and $2500. One on pinside for $2000 currently. I may sell mine if I could get that out of it. If only 500 these will be $3500 like other rare toppers.

There will be more made. I have to laugh at anyone paying that much for any topper... this one while nice, isn't one I'd even consider paying $1k for. Those days are over for me.

#10060 8 months ago

Yeah there is no number on the topper and it seems like there will be plenty of them. They do not appear to be limited. Someone said even Gomez confirmed that.

#10061 8 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah there is no number on the topper and it seems like there will be plenty of them. They do not appear to be limited. Someone said even Gomez confirmed that.

I think all the new topper stuff they put in the latest code suggests more on the way.

#10062 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I think all the new topper stuff they put in the latest code suggests more on the way.

Quoted from John_I:

Stern could change their minds and not produce more but only time will tell

#10063 8 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

They are limited to the number they can sell.

#10064 8 months ago

I thought I would start a pro vs premium debate. The premium doesn’t seem to change the play enough and I am debating looking for a Bond.

Thanks for the advice in advance

#10065 8 months ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Stern could change their minds and not produce more but only time will tell

They could but Stern loves money. They will make more as long as their is some demand. A few more flippers getting $1800-$2k for that topper and you'll see more in the not too distant future.

#10066 8 months ago

What do you think the percentage is of toppers made to the amount of games? 15%? 25%? Stern has never built a ton of toppers, even for their better selling games.

#10067 8 months ago

That could be said for a lot of toppers but they havent produced more. Like black knight. But with this game being newer Im sure its likely. The topper is legit awesome in person.

#10068 8 months ago

Fuckin' toppers. Who cares? I'm glad I don't. 2k to look up for a second and say "look!"? Nah. I'll pass. Yeah, I've been drinking, but, whatevs.

#10069 8 months ago

Thi

Quoted from Utesichiban:

I agree, they just spent a whole iteration of code making it polished. Why would they spend that much time on it after they sold out. It seems like they want to entice more sales.

#10070 8 months ago

With the move to the new factory aren't they now going to announce topper "runs" alongside their pinball runs? I also thought increased topper capacity was announced as another reason to move premises...?

#10071 8 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

That could be said for a lot of toppers but they havent produced more. Like black knight. But with this game being newer Im sure its likely. The topper is legit awesome in person.

I saw it on the Bond 60th at the PHOF in Vegas this week for the first time. I know some will flame me for saying this but I expected more for $1k. Sorry, I am just being honest… and I have toppers for over half my games so I am not an anti topper type of guy.

#10072 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I saw it on the Bond 60th at the PHOF in Vegas this week for the first time. I know some will flame me for saying this but I expected more for $1k. Sorry, I am just being honest… and I have toppers for over half my games so I am not an anti topper type of guy.

I was there about a week ago and saw it on that machine also. I truly didn’t even think about the price when I looked at it, and my impression was that it’s just ok and a simple light show on the Bond logo. Not bad but not amazing. But I also was in a bit of a funk after walking around and seeing about 75% of the pins at the place were turned off.

#10073 8 months ago

If anyone has an extra topper I’m looking to buy for retail (not eBay prices). Thank you!
Missed Marco by about 3 hrs.

#10074 8 months ago

Hi everybody,

I have also imagined an other platform for positioning the Little Nellie. (Gyrocopter)

Put this mod to mask the metal coil diverter bracket.

You can order here : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/09130-little-nellie-round-helipad

Have a nice day

Pino Pinball Mods

IMG_5740 (resized).jpegIMG_5740 (resized).jpegIMG_5741 (resized).jpegIMG_5741 (resized).jpegIMG_5744 (resized).jpegIMG_5744 (resized).jpegIMG_5745 (resized).jpegIMG_5745 (resized).jpegIMG_5762 (resized).jpegIMG_5762 (resized).jpeg
#10075 8 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Will there be any Bond girl additions or is that out of the question at this point?

Not sure why there won’t be Bond women added to the code. They’re part of the movies after all. They included Red Grant in just his tiny towel. So women (except Rosa Kleb) are not okay? They’re just in bathing suits or such. Why would they not be included? Elvira is far more risqué that any Bond woman. Please Stern put them in the game and not just as “baseball” trading cards.

#10076 8 months ago

More polish is making this game top notch. Is it just me or are the movie screen size for show clips larger? Loving the new code!

#10077 8 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Fuckin' toppers. Who cares? I'm glad I don't. 2k to look up for a second and say "look!"? Nah. I'll pass. Yeah, I've been drinking, but, whatevs.

Agree - can do without any toppers. Much more fun playing when its all topless.

#10078 8 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I used to feel like you.

But then I bought a bond topper.

Now, I will defend toppers with my life, and insult, berate, and otherwise abuse all who besmirch the mighty topper!!!

(Also I only spent $1,000 on mine. Such a bargain!)

#10079 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I used to feel like you.
Now, I will defend toppers with my life, and insult, berate, and otherwise abuse all who besmirch the mighty topper!!!

I like toppers and have purchased Stern toppers for my EHOH and Stranger Things in the past. If this one had been $600-$700 like Stranger Things, I would have bought it.

The Elvira topper was $1k but does more than thw Bond topper IMO. I guess I just didn't see $1k worth of topper on this one. I'm sure some will disagree with me which is fine. Just calling it how I see it.

#10080 8 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I was there about a week ago and saw it on that machine also. I truly didn’t even think about the price when I looked at it, and my impression was that it’s just ok and a simple light show on the Bond logo. Not bad but not amazing. But I also was in a bit of a funk after walking around and seeing about 75% of the pins at the place were turned off.

Agreed. I was very surprised how many of their games were out of order. It was the first time I've been to the new location but before pandemic, I visited fairly frequently at the old location (I am in Vegas 2-3x a month for work). It was the worst I've ever seen it and maintenance has always been an issue there.

I waa also surprised how many games weren't there. No Stranger Things, Alien, Scooby Doo, Godfather, or any number of newer games.

#10081 8 months ago

Considering selling my Bond premium with rocket city mods,
HUO, ~250 plays.
Game is mint.
$8400 with mods or +$100 with shaker.
Joplin, MO.
Ran out of room and have a quick opportunity to pick up something on my want list.
Message me for pics/video, check out my ratings. I plan on putting an ad up when I get around to taking pics.

20230430_171350 (resized).jpg20230430_171350 (resized).jpg
#10082 8 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/162229

One of you guys looking for a topper should pick that up. Even if they do make more, that's not unfair if you're impatient. If they don't make more, that'll be a steal. Shipping is gonna be $50 at the very least on that heavy bugger. Bet that's gone quick.

I just looked and apparently someone bought the one listed on eBay for 2500. Ouch. Though, IF they don't make more they'll wind up going for more than that, surely...still, that's crazy imo. I'm leaning towards them making more since they just tweaked the code (and it REALLY improved and already good show), but still skeptical they'll make more as all distros were originally told 100% this was limited to 500. And as far as I know none of them have been informed otherwise. Gomez did respond to me on Facebook that "the topper is not limited," but that is not the same as "we're making more"...my suspicion is the license doesn't limit making more but marketing decided to do so for various reasons. Whether they walk that back or not remains to be seen, but if you think it's a lock to make more just because there's some demand you've clearly not paid attention to stern's general approach to toppers. I know folks think they make a ton on these, but I really don't think they make enough for a company like stern to care about much. We'll see though!

I'm still skeptical how long they'll run Bond at all, for that matter. License has to be pricey, and I'm sure they'll go back to 3+ cornerstones now that they're getting caught up and moving to a new factory.

#10083 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I don't get people complaining that it doesn't belong. It is a James Bond themed pin. I wouldn't have even tbought twice about it if I hadn't read a couple of Connery purists complaining about it here a few months ago. Like Gomez said, it fits the mode and feels right.

Oh I don't know, probably because their is huge picture of Connery on the backglass and Pierce Bronson's voice is spoken? Not even the best Bond...James Bond phrase either. That could have been dubbed easily. I don't want to hear Michael Keaton say "I'm Batman" while playing "66".
We were told the art is the way it is because of the licensor being strict but they let this fly? There are many Connery songs that are better than this we have stated like Thunderball but they just don't want to spend the cash. Moby is cheap filler from the 60th carried over and I'm not falling for it. I like Moore than Connery but if they used him I would still complain. All I think of is how bad Tommorrow Never Dies was and they played this song all the time while he evades 400k bullets through the entire movie. I'm also a big Moby fan but fail to understand why this track was chosen?

#10084 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

There will be more made. I have to laugh at anyone paying that much for any topper... this one while nice, isn't one I'd even consider paying $1k for. Those days are over for me.

According to The Pinball Show Episode 132 there is no plans to do another run of toppers. They keep pushing the run of machines. Glad I got my Bond pro while I could.

#10085 8 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm also a big Moby fan but fail to understand why this track was chosen?

Why it was chosen is not in question. Gomez said it was chosen because it suits the mode and feels right. That's why. It's a design team choice and Gomez is the Design Lead. Clearly one you don't agree with but ultimately it is, what it is.

The voice samples in the song suit and the name of the mode itself work perfectly together and the energy and pace of the song suits a frenetic mini wizard mode with the crazy shaker activity and time countdown. I personally really like the choice, and agree with Gomez that it suits the mode.

To each his own as they say!

#10086 8 months ago

Very simple to change out the song if you don’t like it.

#10087 8 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I thought I would start a pro vs premium debate. The premium doesn’t seem to change the play enough and I am debating looking for a Bond.
Thanks for the advice in advance

It changes it a good bit surprisingly.

The bird VUK sets you up for well timed controlled reliable loop and henchmen shots at start of your bird one multiball

Jetpack is way WAY more fun with bond on a wand. Super satisfying to hit L orbit and see bond grab ball and fly with it. Fun, like pinball is supposed to be.

I always feeling like I'm missing something when I play my pro on loc after LE at home.

Premium LE is not necessary but you won't regret if you go that route.

#10088 8 months ago

Here is a sneak peak of my new LED James Bond topper. Approximate size is 27 x 7 inches. If you might be interested, please PM me to be added to the interest list. Likely will be priced at around $300US. A lot better deal than the Stern topper and a lot more colorful.

Topper 1 (resized).jpgTopper 1 (resized).jpg
#10089 8 months ago

that's really nice. awesome topper. i don't have bond, but if i did i would get it

#10090 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here is a sneak peak of my new LED James Bond topper. Approximate size is 27 x 7 inches. If you might be interested, please PM me to be added to the interest list. Likely will be priced at around $300US. A lot better deal than the Stern topper and a lot more colorful.[quoted image]

It looks sharp and not a bad deal!

#10091 8 months ago

I gotta say... they have hit it out of the park with the sound package. Between the music and the jackpot effect it has to be one of Stern's best.

I have had to update my review 3 or 4 times at this point. Until about March this game was an absolute dog, but now it is very addictive. It's getting close to reaching "classic" status in my book.

#10092 8 months ago
Quoted from zaki:

that's really nice. awesome topper. i don't have bond, but if i did i would get it

Don’t have a Bond…..yet. Yet.

#10093 8 months ago
Quoted from zaki:

Then why are you in here?

#10094 8 months ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Then why are you in here?

As non owners should at this point be doing coming back for a second look.

I came back after being “a hater” and bought one so I am biased.

#10095 8 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Oh I don't know, probably because their is huge picture of Connery on the backglass and Pierce Bronson's voice is spoken? Not even the best Bond...James Bond phrase either. That could have been dubbed easily. I don't want to hear Michael Keaton say "I'm Batman" while playing "66".
We were told the art is the way it is because of the licensor being strict but they let this fly? There are many Connery songs that are better than this we have stated like Thunderball but they just don't want to spend the cash. Moby is cheap filler from the 60th carried over and I'm not falling for it. I like Moore than Connery but if they used him I would still complain. All I think of is how bad Tommorrow Never Dies was and they played this song all the time while he evades 400k bullets through the entire movie. I'm also a big Moby fan but fail to understand why this track was chosen?

I am a fan of the Bond franchise in general which is why I bought the game. I honestly don't care if they take a few small liberties with something like the Moby Bond mode just because.they chose to focus on Connery Bond for the game.

I had no idea who the voices were in the Moby Bond mode nor did or do I care. It is a cool mode and the mode just works.

I am admittedly not a purist on stuff like that, though. I added several songs from season 3 & 4 from Stranger Things via Pinbrowser to Clelands code (Running Up That Hill, Sunglasses At Night, You Spin Me Round for multiball) even though the game is just season 1 & 2. To me it is Stranger Things so I don't care if some if the music in my machine came from different seasons.

#10096 8 months ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

According to The Pinball Show Episode 132 there is no plans to do another run of toppers. They keep pushing the run of machines. Glad I got my Bond pro while I could.

This is hogwash. They are 100% going to push through another run.

#10097 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I used to feel like you.

Who is this new Levi? Wtf is going on.

#10098 8 months ago

Top 5 Bond Girls

5. Pussy Galore. Name alone belongs

4. Tracy Bond. On her Majesty Service

3. Honey Ryder. Ursula and Dr No

2. Anya Amasova. Agent XXX. The spy who love me

1. Vesper Lynd. Casino Royale. Pure sexy. How she died.

#10099 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:I saw it on the Bond 60th at the PHOF in Vegas this week for the first time. I know some will flame me for saying this but I expected more for $1k. Sorry, I am just being honest… and I have toppers for over half my games so I am not an anti topper type of guy.

Yeah, and I understand the "charge what the market will bear" philosophy to pricing, but $1k for hollow plastic shell, small PCB, and LED strip, seems like the profit margin is high enough that Stern should be making as many of these as people want. So there's an upside.

#10100 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here is a sneak peak of my new LED James Bond topper. Approximate size is 27 x 7 inches. If you might be interested, please PM me to be added to the interest list. Likely will be priced at around $300US. A lot better deal than the Stern topper and a lot more colorful.[quoted image]

Looks great. If P1 doesn't come through I'll buy one.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

I like toppers and have purchased Stern toppers for my EHOH and Stranger Things in the past. If this one had been $600-$700 like Stranger Things, I would have bought it.
The Elvira topper was $1k but does more than thw Bond topper IMO. I guess I just didn't see $1k worth of topper on this one. I'm sure some will disagree with me which is fine. Just calling it how I see it.

Used to be against them but I got sucked in and now I find they level up the games. Spoiled with amazing Rush and Tilt JP toppers.

Quoted from iceman44:

Top 5 Bond Girls
5. Pussy Galore. Name alone belongs
4. Tracy Bond. On her Majesty Service
3. Honey Ryder. Ursula and Dr No
2. Anya Amasova. Agent XXX. The spy who love me
1. Vesper Lynd. Casino Royale. Pure sexy. How she died.

Nothing better than Pussy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Knoxville, TN
$ 55.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

14,113 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 14.95
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 15,796 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/202?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.