Thunderball.gif
IMG_3756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png
SP (resized).png
IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2097 1 year ago

Current Pro owners, if you had a "do-over", would you buy it again or skip it?

I am used pro shopping and on the fence.

#2168 1 year ago

Joining the Pro club later today, so I'll be along for the code update journey.

#2209 1 year ago

Getting the game set up. It was on location, so giving a quick wipe down making sure all the posts are still tight, replaced one post rubber that was getting worn at the entrance to the rocket ship. Looks great and looking forward to turning it on and playing.

In the meantime, I noticed I have these ramp edge protectors installed. Don’t know if it’s aftermarket or if it’s stern, but it looks factory.

I've been blocked by moderators from posting photos in threads, so can only post a link to the photos. (not a criticism of the mods either, just stating a truth)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6YnPKGrmLoexaXS88

#2211 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Getting the game set up. It was on location, so giving a quick wipe down making sure all the posts are still tight, replaced one post rubber that was getting worn at the entrance to the rocket ship. Looks great and looking forward to turning it on and playing.

In the meantime, I noticed I have these ramp edge protectors installed. Don’t know if it’s aftermarket or if it’s stern, but it looks factory.
I've been blocked by moderators from posting photos in threads, so can only post a link to the photos. (not a criticism of the mods either, just stating a truth)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6YnPKGrmLoexaXS88

Game built November 19th, if that matters

#2213 1 year ago

Has anyone made a custom card to replace the insider connected instruction card?

#2239 1 year ago

Funny! Walk over to my laptop and see new code is released. Walk over to Bond and it's nearly finished updating.

This game has the flow, combos, shots and feel I enjoy. Only can go up from here!

#2243 1 year ago

PRO V0.84.0 - January 24, 2023
=====================

- Replaced a Disco Volante Demolition video that was the wrong size.
- Fixed a bug with the pop bumper award thresholds not working correctly after
crossing an award threshold and/or between balls.
- Power Plant Points now awards 10 million points.
- Changed MAX pop bumper thresholds to 70 pop bumper hits.
- Fixed an issue with Orient Express grace period awards.
- Fixed the right orbit arrow in Orient Express when the side loop arrow should be the only lit shot.
- Added a SPECTRE Target adjustment and associated game logic that allows SPECTRE targets
to be spotted, i.e. the game will try to spot a SPECTRE target if it has not previously been hit.
This makes it easier to complete the SPECTRE targets and in turn, easier to light a SPECTRE Weapon.
- Added new Disco Volante Demolition sound FX.
- Added new Orient Express sound FX.
- Fixed an issue during Orient Express where the right orbit combo arrow/light did not blink rapidly.
- Added a right orbit combo rule to Orient Express.
- Now available SPECTRE Weapons rotate automatically upon SPECTRE target completion.
- Removed logic from the Pop Bumpers from moving/rotating thru the available SPECTRE Weapons.
- Fixed several fonts so characters don't overlap.
- Added new mode rules for Orient Express. Shoot the right orbit to light the arrows on the right
side of the playfield for a combo. Additional right orbit and side loop shots continue the
combo sequence.
- Added Instant Info to show game award progress as well as Stern Insider Achievements collected.
- Outer Space Hijack is now 70 seconds long.
- Now the drop targets are available for the last 3 award shots during Outer Space Hijack.
- Shooting a lit ramp during Disco Volante Demolition will now temporarily light the left eject
for a 2X combo award.
- Changed the award fonts in Diamonds of Destruction, Mr. Wint & Mr. Kidd, and Arrange Usual Reception Please.
- Now "He Blew a Fuse" award animations load/play more efficiently.
- Now "The Incredible Laser Ray" award animations load/play more efficiently.
- Added logic to load/play Orient Express award animations more efficiently.
- Reorganized Orient Express award animations to coincide with the accompanying video clip.
- Added blank frames to the end of the train award animation in Orient Express so the caboose completely
leaves the screen.
- Added 22 Insider Connected Achievements.
- Fixed a visual glitch in Orient Express that occurred when transitioning from an award video to the
looping background display effect.
- Changed Orient Express looping background video.
- Added a brief flash to the front of awarded Orient Express display effects.
- Fixed overlapping text in Training Grounds.
- Fixed a bug with SPECTRE Weapon Countdown modes that could score left lane shots multiple times.
- Now SPECTRE targets score a shot award during Outer Space Hijack.
- Now the Orient Express looping background video starts at 1 of 7 positions.
- Added a progress bar to Outer Space Hijack.
- Fixed a display bug that caused the final shot in Disco Volante Demolition to display incorrect information
- Added 4 new Disco Volante Demolition sound FX.
- Fixed the spelling of "HIJACK" in the Outer Space Hijack countdown mode.
- Changed the default time to complete Disco Volante Demolition, i.e. default = 70 Seconds.
- Added watch and knife award animations to Orient Express.
- Updated the score animation to sync with the moving train car animation in Orient Express.
- Added an additional Disco Volante Demolition award sound FX.
- Now it takes 10 shots to complete Disco Volante Demolition.
- Added an additional Disco Volante Demolition award display asset.
- Added new Disco Volante Demolition award SFX with longer ring outs.
- Fixed the Disco Volante Demolition title text.
- Added a grenade animation to the right side of the screen for Disco Volante Demolition awards.
- Added award animations to Disco Volante Demolition to sync with award video clips.
- Added Orient Express award/intro/total SFX to sync with associated display effects.
- Adjusted text animation to match train cars seen in Orient Express.
- Added new Orient Express music with louder train SFX mixed in.
- Added/Removed an Orient Express video clip displayed during the award sequence.
- Added new Orient Express looping background display effect.
- Added new Orient Express Intro display effect.
- Now it takes 10 shots to Complete Orient Express.
- During Orient Express the music is no longer synced with the background display effect.
- Now Orient Express award clips are based upon movie assets.
- Now SPECTRE Weapons display instructions say "SHOT THE FLASHING ARROW".
- Added new Intro/Final Award/Total display effects to the Orient Express Henchmen mode.
- Added Intro/Total speech assets/logic to the Orient Express display effects.
- Fixed a scoring bug in Orient Express.
- Removed "SPECIAL PREVIEW MODELS" text from the attract mode and game start display effects.
- Added Encounter on the Orient Express as an available Henchmen Mode.
- Added new Orient Express background/award video clips.
- Changed the rules for Disco Volante Demolition. Now the left eject and side/right
ramp shots advance the rule.
- Added new Disco Volante Demolition award sound FX that enable the subsequent award speech to heard better.
- Added new Disco Volante Demolition background videos (with lights ON, lights OFF).
- Added new Disco Volante Demolition music mixed with SFX to correspond with the progress of the player
advancing the mode towards completion.
- Added Disco Volante Demolition Intro/Award/Complete/Incomplete sound FX to sync with associated video clips.
- Added Disco Volante Demolition Intro, Award, and Award Follow-Up speech.
- Changed the animated text seen in Outer Space Hijack.
- Added Disco Volante Demolition as an available Villain Mode.
- Added Intro/Award/Total/Complete/Incomplete display effects to Disco Volante Demolition.
- Fixed Outer Space Hijack award/total display effect conflicts.
- Changed text fonts used in Troublesome Tarantula. Added flashing instructions.
- Added more impactful Outer Space Hijack Intro/Award SFX.
- Changed the focus of the Outer Space Hijack flashing background lightshows.
- Added Outer Space Hijack Intro/Award/Complete sound FX to sync with associated video clips.
- Added additional looping background videos to Femme Fatale to better reflect
the progress made towards finishing the mode.
- Added the rocket as an available shot during Outer Space Hijack.
- Added ambient SFX to the Outer Space Hijack background music.
- Now drops remain up, blocking the rocket, during Outer Space Hijack.
- Added a rocket background lamp effect to Outer Space Hijack.
- Now SPECTRE Weapons reset after 6 modes have been played.
- Added Outer Space Hijack as an available SPECTRE Weapon Countdown Mode.
- Added reworked Outer Space Hijack music.
- Added Intro/Award/Total speech and follow-up speech to Outer Space Hijack.
- Changed the rules to Outer Space Hijack. Now it takes 8 shots to the Rocket
(via the left lane) to complete the mode.
- Added Intro/Award/Total display effects to Outer Space Hijack.
- Added "thousand" text animation to Arrange Usual Reception Please

- Updated to node board firmware/protocol v1.2.0

#2245 1 year ago

- Removed "SPECIAL PREVIEW MODELS" text from the attract mode and game start display effects.

Nice!

#2248 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Just in case you did not see this posted twice already.

Obviously I did not. Only saw the Pre/LE list.

#2251 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Just joking around man. Not my intent to hurt feelings.

No feelings hurt. Don't be weird.

Just stating I did not see the Pro changes listed. Maybe I missed it.

Anyway, updated and playing first game now.

#2253 1 year ago

Saul Goodman

#2255 1 year ago

What's up with that guy? He was telling me not to duplicate post, I didn't see one, and now this?

"Ignored user comment" gandamack

#2276 1 year ago

I'll try to watch these movies while I work. I started being aware of Bond movies with Never Say Never Again as the only Connery movie I've seen. Roger Moore is who I associate with the Bond movies.

The theme means nothing to ne, just like Baywatch next it means nothing. All about the gameplay and code for me. These Bond video clips are boring AF.

#2291 1 year ago

Had to give Bond the Hasselhoff treatment while I await the alternate translite.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SvfJ2E3G9kunsH8cA

#2316 1 year ago

I’m going to watch the Dr. No movie after lunch. I have the other Sean Connery movies now to watch after that as well. I need to start understanding these video clips and references because I’ve never seen the old movies before.

Watching the clips though, I’m finding references to the Austin Powers movies. I can hear how the Austin Powers theme song is based on one of the songs I hear in the game.

#2327 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yea, it’s a little known fact that the Austin powers movies parody the old bond stuff.

Duh. I should’ve obviously clarified and said finding references I knew nothing about. I just thought Rob Lowe was a henchman wearing an eyepatch just because it was funny. Now I see that little lady that would yell Scott is based on that one lady I’ve been seeing in the Clips today.

Simply saying that a lot more jokes make sense now that I have seen some of the source material. The only Sean Connery bond movie I’ve seen was never say never again. I watch some of the Roger Moore movies, but honestly never cared one way, or the other about James Bond movies.

#2405 1 year ago

I enjoy adding attract mode scenes for the Stern games (at the very least). While researching potential video clips, I learned from this timeline video that I was not aware of the James Bond movies until For Your Eyes Only. So I'm certainly a Moore Bond man just because that is my era. Will catch up on the old movies in the next few weeks though.

#2449 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This one fits perfectly:
amazon.com link » (back in stock for preorders, shipping late Feb - it's been mostly oos for a few weeks due to Bond owners, I think, because the $20 price is very good)

Thanks I ordered that and delivery is end of February beginning of March. Here is a tip for anyone else that doesn’t have Amazon prime like me. I added a $5 two pack of shave gel to get the free shipping requirement of $25.

#2450 1 year ago

An obvious, to me, mod for the pro, are 3-D printed rocket gantry front and sides. They can either be screwed on or just double sided tape applied to the existing flat plastics.

#2457 1 year ago

I found the perfect example of why I didn't watch the old Connery movies when I was younger. The Q slot machine scene with the worst actress in the world.

WTF? Hole E Shit, that is the worst scene of dialogue I've possibly watched in any movie.

"Listen Mr Q, I (fake stutter) I was wondering, have you heard any talk about me......"

Such cringe. How the hell did she get that job? That whole scene would be gone already if Pinball Browser worked with the .84 code.

#2459 1 year ago

Hahaha, these movies really do not hold up.

LOL @ Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd.

Helluva shooting and flowing game though.

#2480 1 year ago

The new translite makes it look like a serious and interesting James Bond pinball machine. The stock Dr. No looked like a homebrew translite.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6rZaHQaEMK8mqQrn7

#2521 1 year ago
Quoted from t_robertson:

I added this red dice shooter rod from Modfather, and am digging how it ties in with the High Stakes mode and the match animation. What do you think?
[quoted image]

Not a fan of the look and probably not pleasant feeling to plunge either.

1 week later
#2958 1 year ago

Making my way thru the Bond movies. Finishing up Goldfinger this morning. I can see this is the movie the series finally picked up as far as spy gadgets and "action".

Anyone know why nearly every character shoots their gun with it braced over their other wrist? Was that just a 60s thing with guns and grips/stances that has evolved over 50 years? Or was it just a cool looking way to handle a gun on screen?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iju8kKeFPscz7s3X7

#3125 1 year ago

Only played a few games on the new code today. Hoping a bug release comes before Sunday afternoon. Would be nice not to experience reboots when I have friends over playing it the first time. .

I think it’s a great playing game and can see the code will be pretty good when completed. I bought a used pro for $6000 a few weeks ago, so I don’t feel negative towards the state of the code…except that unskippable monologue of the girl talking to Q.

#3171 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I really hope they fix the lack of randomness in regards to Q branch modes.
Literally 9+ times out of 10, it’s Tiffany Case, reciting the most uninteresting piece of dialog in the entire James Bond franchise. Like, why don’t they just cut it off at “heya Mr Q, you having any luck?” “I’m being somewhat successful, thank you”… that’s it, please god no more! Maybe “that’s unbelievable!” When you get a few shots like they have it, but the pointless dialog about going to jail? WHY??
I wouldn’t hate it so much, if it was at least 50/50 with radioactive reconnaissance. I dread seeing that damn Q insert lit as blue.
Please.
For the love of god.
A simple line of code that ensures actual ~50/50 randomness between Q modes. That would be lovely.

And you can't cut off her goddamn dialogue. She keeps flapping her gums during the bonus screen if you drain.

#3177 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The whole dialog needs removed. It ranks up there with “Shoot the pyramid” and “Everyone underground now”.

Latest code cannot be opened by Pinball Browser. Damn! Was going to take out that dialogue.

#3179 1 year ago

I received the toy tank the other day. This is a very easy mod. No wiring or LEDs need to be installed inside of this toy.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wDTS22mnTReyqQRf7

You can see in the pictures the toy is disassembled by removing one screw
at the bottom underneath. The toy comes apart into three sections. There’s no need to keep the wheel section on because that just looks dumb. The middle section is not needed either because that will block all light shining up into the tank teeth area.

Take the top metal tank and place it on that plastic and it fits perfect. It also has the bonus of that yellow LED shining through the front teeth of the tank and making it glow.

Sitting it further back on the plastic to expose that yellow LED, blocks your eye line of the left top M lane.

I’m going to make a mount for it and then that’s done.

#3187 1 year ago

Those call outs were fine because the game were intended to be on location, not at home to be heard ad nauseum.

Inexcusable having this awful, lengthy and boring monologue in the game at this point.

#3189 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I’m sorry as it’s Lonnie. Name a great coded Lonnie as lead game? IM and Tron are Lyman and Lonnie.

I honestly don't know any of the coders or the games they do.

#3231 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Why isn't there a mode called "Operation Grandslam"? Riddle me this.

Isn’t that a breakfast at IHOP or Denny’s?

#3312 1 year ago

Today Pinball Browser was updated to allow customization of James Bond. Thank god.

Here's my quick (took me 30 min) Quentin Tarantino director's cut of that lame-assed scene of the lady with Q at the slots. She *HAD* more dialogue than James Bond did in the entire game. Not any more!

With this quick cut/copy/paste of the original scene, I establish Q and his Ring are killing it at the slots. That setup now allows the punchline of, "I'm being somewhat successful, thank you.", to deliver a laugh. I'm limited to the time constraints of the original video. But I'd gladly insert fart sounds in place of her dialogue if I had to.

Hopefully Stern cuts this and gives us a great Q Branch scene instead of her.

Video here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8n1AcnNz56s4eazs5

The awful original scene for reference:

#3314 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My pro bricks. Pot luck I guess?

I've only *noticed* one dead shot brick on my Pro so far.

#3358 1 year ago

I just placed Mylar on the bottom edge of the switch cutout. Worked fine and invisible.

#3365 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yeah but that wont protect the inlane from where the ball drops down directly on it unfortunately… this kills two birds with one stone.

I also have mylar around the switch area where the ball drops. Just needed a little extra mylar at the very bottom of the switch cut-out to prevent the bal hang up.

#3398 1 year ago

I tell you what, Bond Pro is addictive as hell to me. The shots are fun, they flow logically and smoothly into combos and the spinner rip is fantastic (I added a drop of Super Lube on each side). The left side diving shot area and up-the-playfield-kicker seems like a fresh use of that playfield area. The car VUK is very satisfying to hit and a nice upgrade over just a scoop.

I also enjoy shooting the rocket area and like that the drop targets are way back up there instead of closer to the flippers. What can be said about the left orbit ramp shot other than, that's what I like about pinball?

I need to move a game out due to space needs and Avengers is likely going. Bond Pro? Not even a consideration.

This from a guy who never watched any Connery Bond movies (nor many others) and don't care at all about the theme. But it's right next to Baywatch, which I can say the same things about. But fun pinball is fun pinball and this has it.

#3576 1 year ago

As of today, I can now say I’ve watched every James Bond movie through on her Majesty’s Secret Service.

Sometime this week I will watch diamonds are forever and then I can understand the rest of the game content, and have a direct reference to it.

But holy shit, these bond movies are so tacky and cheesy with the sped up footage. Speed up a fight scene. Speed up a car just driving up to a mansion. Go nuts with Disco Volante. Watch all the people in the background walk extra fast because of it.

Looking forward to noticing when they stopped doing that.

#3617 1 year ago

I swapped over the shaker motor from Avengers into Bond the other day. The subtle rumbles work well so far in this early code and worth checking out if you already have a shaker to test with.

#3623 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

My opinion but that rocket mod doesn't look like the movie version at all?
[quoted image]

I thought the same thing because I just watched the movie last week. The stock rocket is just fine.

1 week later
#4120 1 year ago

Just bought a Johnny Mnemonic. Bond can leave now since I have the better Gomez game.

It won’t because I’d like to see what happens with the code.

…. And neither tower mod looks all that good. To my eye, they are both piles of 3D printed Lincoln logs.

#4122 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

As opposed to say, 2D uninspired plastic?
They're a little busy for me too, but they look more like the movie at least.

Plastic matches everything else and looks just fine. Mine is 3D, not 2D. Tower has 4 sides and is a solid rectangle, not flat.

#4195 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Gomez on a podcast today said 2 weeks for the next update. It was recorded Tuesday this week. He also said Tiffany Case is driving him insane and told the team to fix it!

I got rid of her from my game weeks ago with my custom code. I couldn’t play another game until I did that.

#4254 1 year ago
Quoted from The_ox100:

is it possible to amend the music in james bond premium? if so how do i do it please? has anyone done a cleland type music file for it i could download?

Yup. Annoying woman is gone!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-custom-code-87#post-7458292

1 week later
#4754 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Pittsburg and back (12 hours) and I am in the pro club. Going accross P.A. Is brutal, but it went to a guy that was always interested in one of my games so I made the trip for him and I am very happy that he now has it.
I did get enough interest to make the altered wireform for it after all. I took 2 pitchforks to the body one from a streamer and then a fellow modder yesterday. I dont want to go for 3, so I will only post the end result of the mod for the bond pro when it is done.
[quoted image]

You can count me in for buying your Bond mod when you're ready.

#4810 1 year ago

Back to playing Bond after a bit of being infatuated with Johnny Mnemonic and my new Avengers code that got me back into the game.

I am sick of the sad-sack music and the boring,BLAH-BLAH trumpet sounds or whatever during the weird dude mode Mr. Wintry and a few others.

Really spices up the gameplay and will hold me over until the next Stern update. Anyone with a pro and want something new for your ears, message me.

Slot machine woman shuts her pie hole too. It's glorious.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-custom-code-87#post-7476367

#4819 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why would anybody have interest in a sound package for a bond machine designed by someone who clearly hates classic bond?
I’ll pass!
Even if it means hearing from ms Tiffany Case. Again and again and again.

I'm offering to share what I do for free. What's the beef?

Classic Bond music = boring pinball music to my ears. So keep yours stock and wait for Stern.

The fact you'll spite your own ears instead of trying my code?

#4860 1 year ago

I was on a long Teams meeting, so I added my modifications to the .87 Premium/LE code. Message me if you want something fresh until Stern drops their new code.

Gets rid of the annoying slot machine conversation with Q.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-custom-code-87#post-7482682

#5062 1 year ago

"Added a new Moby tune which is heard during "Bond...James Bond" Multiball."

LOLing at the Bond music purists. Even I decided not to put this song on my custom code.

#5071 1 year ago
Quoted from Nick_801:

is now the time for me to jump in on a NIB pro at a significant discount?

Used for even more of a discount. It's a super fun shooting game that will take time getting the code to come close to what the game play offers. I bought mine dirt cheap two days before code .87 drop. So I'm along for the ride without any misgivings that I can understand if someone was a day one buyer.

#5074 1 year ago

Downloading the new image now and looking forward to checking this out too:

- Added 4 new main play tunes that alternate playing after modes/multiballs are finished.
- Added logic to alternate main play music every ball.

Sounds like finally the music is being livened up to match the pinball experience.

#5078 1 year ago

I applaud Stern and encourage more covers and remixes in the future.

#5081 1 year ago

Yesterday I added this version of A View to a Kill as the game over music. Hoping Stern can get a cover/remix of it for a future update.

#5083 1 year ago

I don't care, but looking back, if Stern could've swip swapped the Bond release with the Foo release then they would've been golden.

A Moby remix of the Bond theme, was which a smash hit on the soundtrack of the 1997 movie starring an actor other than Connery, would've set the tone that this was a Bond theme to be reckoned with. Not stuck in the boring assed Dr. No and From Russia With Love movie soundtracks.

Shoots better than Deadpool.

#5086 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Of all the Bond music in the franchise that is my all time favorite and I fucking hope they don’t put it in this game.

Well, that's where Pinball Browser comes in.

BTW, currently does not work with .88 code and PB Browser will need to be updated.

#5087 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Of all the Bond music in the franchise that is my all time favorite and I fucking hope they don’t put it in this game.

It gets stuck in my head as game over music. Way better than hearing the Bond theme AGAIN for 50 seconds after just playing the game.

Should be an option to disable/shorten the game over music.

#5094 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s no doubt a great song and would be awesome in the 60th.
Thunderball would be a cool game over song, not sure if you tried it. Tom Jones, great voice.

I am vaguely aware of it and will re-visit for sure. I personally prefer adding instrumental tracks or main instrumental sections of a song, instead of hearing song lyrics. Often they clash with callouts and I am just looking to get upbeat and recognizable music to replace the staid, very low-effort, early 60s centric jazz tracks that do not equate to hurry-ups and mode progression.

So Stern is heading in my direction, which is nice.

#5097 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

In know PB isn’t working with .88 yet but this could be great.
We now have each ball coded with its own song. If they are 3 seperate files they can become whatever we want via pinball browser.
007 theme ball 1
Goldfinger ball 2
Thunderball ball 3
Game over likely changed too since original theme split off to allow ball 2 and 3 and not a repeat.

That's what I look forward to....the possible split of the tracks to be individually edited.

Well...ultimately look forward to code 1.16 where Stern has us ALL satisfied.

#5102 1 year ago

Does the slot machine woman still talk Q's fuckin' ear off?

#5106 1 year ago

Playing my first game. 159M on ball one.

Vast improvement of the "dots" animation that plays between modes. Very good and see that improving.

The color scheme of the screen border looks sharp and more polished. Still can't help but think there's plenty of space for future icons, etc.

The new music is much welcomed!

Sadly we still hear HER. Like, totally the same speech with her. hahaha

But this a good step forward for sure.

#5108 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The new music for the background is great. Can't place where they are from but seems to be an assortment of instrumental bond music from various films.

On stock code, I can now walk away to refresh my drink and repack my bowl, without being driven insane by the guitar twanging shit blaring from the other room.

#5143 1 year ago

Annoying slot machine woman still has more lines of dialogue in the game than Bond does.

#5147 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I only got one game in this morning but was surprised when I started Jet Pack Multiball... So it wasn't a fluke? One orbit shot to start a multiball? I thought Deadpool's multiball was easy...

Yeah that started like right away last night on my first game. I need to make that harder in the settings. That's way too easy.

#5264 1 year ago

Here’s my feedback on music to George.

Cut all the slow shit you’re considering. Slow and low is boring pinball music. Loud, upbeat and brassy at the very least.

Or don’t and I’ll just change it anyway to suit my ears.

#5271 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I know folks want the actual songs in, but most of them were just so... weird for a pinball machine personally. In pretty much every movie there was more upbeat instrumental versions of the main themes played for use in action sequences and such, which to me are much better choices. For example You Only Live Twice is like a lounge song, slow, romantic... odd for pinball. But during the rooftop/port chase there is the upbeat instrumental of this played which fits much better and these are perfect for use in the themed modes

Exactly. Typically those re-worked theme song versions are called "Action Suite" on the soundtracks. The Live and Let Die Action Suite is what I used as the main gameplay song in my mix. Better than the Wings version, which would suck for pinball.

#5301 1 year ago

I created my own "Action Suites" by editing the original Action Suites. You'll notice those original songs typically don't have 90 consecutive seconds of "pinball music" - more time than that needed for the main tracks too.

Snip some good stuff here, paste it there, rinse and repeat until I have the song length I need and then playtest.

For my version of Live and Let Die, I probably made 6 major edits to the song so it sounded right. Otherwise it may start off great for 40 seconds, but then boring slow quiet music for 25 seconds followed by shit that doesn't work until another 50 seconds later.

3 weeks later
#6360 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

You’ve still have to get leds in that bad boy if you really want to make it shine.
Why wouldn’t you get your money back in a sale? The Mod might attract a buyer over a non modded version, especially if it’s a mod that’s not permanent.

Actually no. The best way is to disassemble the tank and just keep the tank outer piece. Mount it right over the flasher and now the tank teeth light up when the flasher does. Done.

No alligator clips hanging underneath your game and you've just modded the game yourself.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HVa4xPXzdGNDqq6S8

#6508 1 year ago

Sweet! Came home and went down to the bar to fix a drink and saw Bond updating.

#6628 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Ok guys, I got quite a few messages about this Bond Dragon tank mod. I’m not a “shove a bunch of toys into my pin” type of guy, but this one’s a no-brainer and it looks factory. Takes >5 mins to install and there no permanent modifications to your machine.
Total cost: $20
Link to Dragon Tank:
James Bond - Military vehicule Dragon Tank 007 Dr. No 1/43 (DY084) https://a.co/d/0YMlgwD
Quality is much better than I expected for $20. Installation is simple:
1. Remove tank from the base with a flathead screwdriver.
2. Take apart tank with the removal of 2 Phillips screws.
3. Wedge a black zip tie between the 2 pieces and re-tighten the 2 Phillips screwdrivers.
4. Tie the zip tie around the tank plastic nice and snug so there’s no play.
And that’s it! You can’t see the zip tie and it looks fantastic. Doesn’t block the dragon tank insert light either.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Move the tank forward over the flasher and now the tank teeth light up on a target hit.

2 weeks later
#7164 11 months ago

These additions are finally here and welcome. A friend was playing Bond and we were having a good two player game. He lost a ball because he was watching the video clip being played. So that was a drag.

- Added logic to keep the Bottom Lane Up-Post raised until the associated video clip finished
playing.
- Added a light/sound event letting the player know the Bottom Lane Up-Post is about to be
lowered.

3 weeks later
#7931 10 months ago

Anyone sleeping on this game and you have the opportunity to buy one local for under $6000, grab it.

The lay out and flow is fantastic and the code is getting better and better.

#8069 10 months ago

1.9 billion game last night. Lots of fun building a multiplier and deciding when to use it.

#8190 10 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

A few weeks ago liorillusion announced his mod that perhaps you will like for what you are looking for! You should check it out!

And actually goes along with what you wrote here [quoted image]

That would also fit the theme of Maverick and riverboat gambler. Easy pass.

#8208 10 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

That mod makes no sense. This is becoming a more frequent thing with modders... changing shot physics. On the surface it seems a good idea but really your just robbing Peter to pay Paul here. Another waste of time.

No, the modifications that alter the actual game are my favorite. Anything to spice up a home use game, whatever, it's fun.

I can see this being a fun kinetic pinball mod, for sure. Hitting consecutive loops, or at least the chance to do so, is really cool to me and I like the thrill and challenge of trying.

#8219 10 months ago
Quoted from RikV:

I love it when a group of people using the default avatar/photo get together to have a debate on Pinside, it makes it more fun to keep track of who is who

I'm not allowed to change mine because I poked fun at Forceflow, who is a moderator here.

#8265 10 months ago

Their podcast has good pinball content and is a good listen. Just be ready to hit the 30 second skip buttons when the lame singing starts or the impersonations that almost all sound like Triumph the Comic Insult Dog.

1 week later
#8453 10 months ago

Anyone else see the new Insider Connected commercial in attract mode?

1 month later
#10086 8 months ago

Very simple to change out the song if you don’t like it.

4 weeks later
#10890 7 months ago

I'll be making custom code for Bond, like I do for other games, once the code is complete. Always like adding attract mode videos and can replace any songs as well.

#10922 7 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

^ I have the movie mod on our AIQ. It has its own SD card. So if/when I want to switch back to Stern's original code (and update it), I just switch out SD cards. The same would happen for 007.

Message me for the link to my Avengers Comic Code.

#10923 7 months ago

Weird that my Bond didn't auto update. It's been on for a few hours, but not played, and it has updated on its own fast with prior updates. I went to the network settings and had it check for an update (pro) and it's installing .96 now.

#10928 7 months ago

I played maybe 5 games on the last code. Sidetracked with other projects, so this should be a fun update for me.

3 weeks later
#11789 6 months ago

Game startled me with a buzzing sound and I look over and it's off. Then it boots up and starts downloading an update!

Edit - oh I'm way late. Forgot I haven't had the games turned on in several days nor keep tabs on this thread. Ok, back a few pages to catch up.

2 months later
#13376 4 months ago

I bought the VUK scuba mod from a Pinsider who was buying a pre/le with the mod already installed.

I only played a few balls for testing and it works great. But I’ll have to get a fair amount of games on it to make an opinion.

Tell you what? It looks fantastic and I think classes up the game. The curved wire forms and VUKs on each side look great. I also much more enjoy watching a ball kick up to the wire form right there in front of me. Very pinbally.

#13463 3 months ago

I think of a mod like the scuba VUK mod as a way to freshen up a pin I've owned for close to a year now. Watching the ball eject from the scuba area to the tank target and then bounce back in several times in a row got to be a bit boring to me. This mod opens up shooting more combos by being able to start combos more often from the left flipper.

Makes it more fun to me since this is something physically new.

I liken this type of mod to when I load mods into a PC game I play. I was WAY done with Fallout 4 until I installed a bunch of mods. Then I played it another year probably due the new found fun. Same difference with a pinball mod of any type - not the intention of the creator - but screw them, I paid for the product and I'll enjoy it any which way I like.

#13475 3 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

No problem with it being discussed if it wasn’t already beaten to death.
It’s the same shit over and over again and we are all tired of it.

I must've missed all that. I was on vacation and didn't feel the need to catch up reading threads, so just skipped to the last pages when I returned.

What was the big deal?

#13479 3 months ago

I hated those Precision flippers.

#13480 3 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

There were 10 posts primarily from 3 different pinsiders about how they were getting SDTM and what could be done to solve it.
I responded that we have a solution to stop a page and an half of requests for 2 second ball saves and yes I used a bit of marketing spiel as tongue in cheek.
My last plug before was after our first review which was 22 days ago. That’s hardly mentioning it every day.
Other mods have been talked about more like the underwater scene or everybody showing off their Bond topper.
I apologise for making this forum so toxic. I will stick to the mod threads and stay away from here.

Oh you are the creator of the mod? Well done!

I wouldn't have bought one if I didn't buy a kit from someone who already had it and I received it in a few days time. Glad I bought it though, it's a fun mod for sure.

In a few months when I get tired of the ball returning to the left flipper, I'll remove it back to stock to again freshen up the gameplay. Nice to have options.

2 weeks later
#13726 3 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

It would push it over the edge. I’m sure we can add it once the code is done.

Ooof, just listened to that. I don't think Thunderball could be a good song no matter who covers it.

#13729 3 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I mean I would love the Tom Jones version, but it’s not happening.

Just wondering if you tried listening to it lately? It's not good and certainly not pinball music. I don't wanna hear this when playing, it's a drag.

#13733 3 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

totally disagree, this is an epic pinball tune! Tom is the man. And the horn section in this tune couldn't be more pinball if Tom Jones ate the pinball.
Neil.

Maybe if you enjoy playing EMs from the 60s?

#13748 3 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Haha yeah I’ve heard it, and it’s epic. You would have to not be into the classic Bond movies to think this song sucks. It’s iconic.

I mean, heck, I'll be making a custom code and happily will add anything to a public version that the general consensus asks for. Just isn't going to play on my personal code revision.

#13751 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

POMC has already made clear he doesn’t like these movies, so of course he doesn’t like the Thunderball theme.

Well, it is a 60 year old movie franchise, so of course watching for the first time last year (like I did), they didn't age well for my viewings.

BUT, it made me really "get" the gags in Austin Powers that I did not know had actual Bond origins. I thought Dr. Evil and his cat were a riff on Dr. Claw and his cat from Inspector Gadget...which now I know were lifted from Bond.

I didn't know the One Million Dollars line was a reference to the aquarium scene in Dr. No either. Just that he was stuck in the 60s and thought a millions dollars was a huge amount of money. The list goes on with his #1, #2, etc. which I thought were hilarious gags, not a direct reference to Bond.

So I do appreciate the films...watched every one of Sean Connery's movies when I got the game so I had knowledge of the source material. I'm never going to re-watch them though.

#13810 3 months ago

Definitely a long playing game for me as well. I have to approach starting a game like I do on Willy Wonka...I could be in for a good 30 minutes.

#13842 3 months ago

Why is Rosa Klebb impressed that Red Grant is a "convicted murderer"?

The fact he was convicted means he was sloppy. Anyone can become a convicted murderer just by murdering and getting caught RED handed, tried and convicted.

A conviction should be a strike against him. Want to also add he was a model prisoner and GRANTed early because he tutored other inmates to get their GEDs and built the prison library?

#13844 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You must be fun at parties !
(Also, she clearly states that he escaped prison)

Some prison.

#13880 3 months ago

When I make a new custom code when 1.0 is released, I'm putting my edited version of this in the game again. I last edited code back on .82 when content was sorely needed. Stern has done a terrific job with the code in the 11 months I've now owned it.

#13894 3 months ago

Not a fan of those Precision flippers based on personal experience with them on Led Zeppelin and Rush.

#13898 3 months ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

What was it you weren't a fan of? I've never had them, so curious what your thoughts were.

Made the flippers fluttery. The flippers would bounce multiple times when coming to a rest on Led Zep and Rush. I cut the flipper springs down and that helped a bit. Tried different springs as well. I did not see any reason to continue using these things when they only made the games play worse. They were anything but "plug N play" for me and caused more work after installing.

#13983 89 days ago

Playing around with ideas for custom code 1.0 when it is released. While in meetings today I am working on new Match scenes. Still will be the roulette wheel but with a clip edited in from Diamonds are Forever that adds a humorous touch to the Match screens.

I'm bored of the High Stakes awards screens too - just Bond throwing down cards - and I think I have a good idea for a fun replacement for the High Stakes cards scenes.

Of course will be making music changes and I don't care if Live & Let Die and A View To A Kill are not songs from Connery movies. They'll be somewhere in my version replacing some of those quiet, boring orchestral tracks.

#13989 89 days ago

Here's a first rough edit of the new Match screen I'm using for the code edits.

#14000 89 days ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

The bond girl icons that come up when you aren't in a mode are all 3 second videos. I replaced those in .98 but didn't bother putting them back in .99. There seems to be a lot of duplicate videos in the code for High Stakes, so plenty of opportunity to change them up with custom stuff. I'm going to change out that Moby song for the the instrumental version of You Know My Name. "If that's his original ball I'm Arnold Palmer" needs to be added too along with some other custom callouts.

Yeah there are a ton of High Stakes awards in the game code!

Here's 2nd edit of a Match screen. Boring meetings means I can play around for a bit.

#14003 89 days ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Dude, your work is amazing. I forgot, did you update the code for Star Wars to include insider connect? The code for the Pro with the movie trailers and midnight madness?

Almost finished with Star Wars code 1.25, the latest Stern code, so full insider connected.

#14007 89 days ago

Change of plans for the Match scenes. This is a better place to add Bond women scenes, so going to re-do the entire Match scenes from scratch. No roulette animation/theme at all. Gives me 10 different Bond women to showcase.

#14015 89 days ago
Quoted from Bigr1ch:

Thanks for the answers @paul_8788
I'll look into the settings. The animation is getting on my nerves now. Cheers

Standard Adjustment #20 Match Percentage - OFF

#14026 89 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

So

Would you at some point sell these SD cards for folks who have no clue how to do what you are doing?

Quoted from Rhart51:

I’m with you, I’d be willing to buy one as well.

Sure I've done that for other guys before who just want to get an SD card to plug in.

#14032 88 days ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

Is there another option other than the SD card?

Sure, when I have a code ready, I normally provide the link to download it yourself and you write the image to the SD card.

#14038 87 days ago

I've been working on the match scenes and finally have the style I want just for the damn word "Match". Still have to create ten more videos for 0 - 90.

I tried to work in Thunderball by Tom Jones because of the one line, "Every women he wants he gets", since it ties in with the Bond girl match theme I've decided on.

A View To A Kill has been working for my pinball ears as the brief 10.5 seconds I have for match audio. Here's something fun I made and my wife forbade me to post it. Happy Friday!

#14042 87 days ago
Quoted from rob3:

Here come the Roger Moore haters!

He was the Bond of my childhood.

#14044 87 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

As you line up your ladies, could you get Miss Moneypenny in the match play. Iconic and tons of her and bond interactions.

Isn't she the women in the Super Skill Shots? If so, I'll leave her out of the Matches.

But anyone feel free to post your favorite Bond woman scene and I'll try to use it for a match clip. I've got several ready to use once I have my match #s ready. Of course I have already worked on Halle Berry's Bond character. So this is a celebration of all Bond, not just Connery movies.

#14050 87 days ago

I mean, tits are tits, regardless of who is playing Bond.

But I will be focusing on the Bond women only during the attract scenes. I don't want to see old men making out with hot women...so that means lots of editing.

My current plan is 10 different Bond women Match scenes. Connery movies alone can't include 10 different Bond women and I already have a terrific Moore Bond girl scene without even seeing Moore.

#14051 87 days ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

For the Match sequence, couldn't you use the interplay between Connery and Bey's son in From Russia With Love?
"Excuse me, can I borrow a match? I use a lighter. Better still. Until they go wrong. "

Don't know that one, but will look.

Here's the ground rules for Match scene changes:

10.5 second audio and video limit
10 different video clips can be used (match #s 00 - 90), but they all use the same 10.5 second audio clip

So 10 different Bond women can be highlighted, but all clips will play the same audio.

#14055 87 days ago

Tell you what, I've been watching a LOT of Bond movie clips. The ones with Roger Moore have made me chuckle out loud a little to myself.

...but Connery Pie-facing a woman is very funny for a match clip.

#14085 83 days ago

Working on the custom code in preparation for 1.0 and completed attract scenes and close to finishing the music changes. Happy with the new end of ball Bonus scene - you know, versus a black background.

I know when I've got the right music for the right spot when I just let the pinball machine play. The music that starts Ball 2 is banging and on theme. Ball 3 not too shabby either.

Game over music is especially nice....lots of cool stuff coming!

#14087 83 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I hope the Goldfinger track will make it in, it's criminal to not have it!

It plays during, *gasp*, the Goldfinger scene. Instrumental version, too many movie lines playing to also have song lyrics at the same time.

HUGE improvement over the current Goldfinger villain music. Very nice.

Writing my next version to an SD card now and looking forward to see if I got the music playing for Largo and the Disco Volante.

#14093 83 days ago

Taking so many notes.

#14101 82 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Please tell me you got some Thunderball in there?

Not yet and not likely. Honestly, that song doesn't belong in a pinball machine to my ears. I haven't listened to any covers or instrumentals though - it just could NOT be Tom Jones' vocals in the game.

#14104 82 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It may not be to your liking, but this just screams for Thunderball. Listen to the dynamics of this song. The brass, the kettle drums, the trombones. Ahhh, this is James Bond music to me.
Now for the orchestral version where Bond dances with Domino, much slower, moody, dreamy but nonetheless brilliant:

There's already a good bit of Thunderball soundtrack in the stock game. The track "Largo's Death" is prominent and very good.

There are a few spots left I need to find where different music plays when not in a mode. I have the main ball 2 & 3 music replaced, but sometimes when entering a mode and completing it and leaving the mode, a different track will play instead of resuming the track playing prior to entering a mode.

I bet I can get the instrumental Thunderball theme in there. I'll work on that after I make my changes I noted last night and test those out.

#14107 82 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think you would be surprised how many would want it in their game

I agree with 100%, I’d rather this than Goldfinger but why not have both somewhere in game.

This is kinda like people who want the Jaws game to eat the ball but the creators were like, yeah it just doesn't work. People think they want to hear Tom Jones until they hear it in a game.

Hell, I'll make a version that plays the Tom Jones Thunderball at the end of every game for a minute and forty six seconds if people want. I prefer to hear Live and Let Die at game over myself.

#14118 82 days ago

Being the clever and accommodating fella I am, I found a perfect spot for the Tom Jones Thunderball song. It plays during the Q Branch Attaché mode, which seems fitting and works for that mode.

I also have the original Goldfinger song (with lyrics) playing during the Goldfinger mode. It works even with movie dialogue because you have to hit a shot to advance the dialogue. Stern forces the music volume lower during the modes, so it doesn't sound jumbled with song vocals and movie lines playing at once.

#14160 81 days ago

Playtesting notes from this evening:

Someone in this thread wanted more Thunderball. (every-fucking-one), so I added Thunderball, albeit you needed to work and hear it in Q Branch Attache Case , which is pretty deep.

Still there in Q Branch when you make you make the five loops. But you demanded Thunderball, so it needs to be easily accessible, right?

Now Thunderball plays during Jetpack Multiball!

Another change...After playtesting, the Goldfinger song was too short if you're a good player. So now when that mode switches to the Laser Crotch video, you'll hear the Goldfinger song....instead of WAAAAAAH..WAAAAH.....over and fucking over

#14175 80 days ago

From previous streams the remaining items that were coming:
Ohmss wizard mode
High stakes offerings
Swipe a ball
More extra balls deeper in the game

Swipe a Ball animation is already in the code. There seems to be a lot of High Stakes awards in the code that I've not yet seen when playing.

#14194 79 days ago

Definitely going to continue working on Match scenes when I finish all the music. All the attract scenes and the end of ball Bonus scene are to my liking now. I work at home standing next to my games (my bar is my stand up desk) and I enjoy seeing the cool content playing on the games in attract mode. Now Bond matches up with my others that I made attract modes for.

The match roulette wheel & theme are going to be ditched and will focus on Bond women from across all the Bond films prior to Craig Daniels. I mean, leaving out Halle Barry's bikini scene would be a huge oversight.

The thought crossed my mind to re-do the Ball Save type scenes, but I do like those. Plus there are a set of scenes like those - Tilt, Tilt Warning, Ball Save v1 and v2. I thought it was kinda funny having the balls sitting in the chairs. If this game didn't already have so many movie assets, then that would be a great place to add video content.

#14221 78 days ago

I bought Bond almost a year ago in a few weeks (Feb 16, 2023). Got it just because it was local and cheap, $6k, which was cheap a year ago for a newer Pro.

Got lucky and a few days later .8x code dropped, so that was cool getting to try new code so fast after buying. There was no denying the gameplay and layout were a blast and knew from Gomez that code would come along eventually.

My wife played it for the first time that she remembers a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. So that's a plus too. Now that 1.0 code is approaching, it's been fun doing the audio/video changes I enjoy working on for myself and then sharing with anyone else who wants to try. So it's been the game that has kept on giving this last year.

#14242 77 days ago

I can't help but laugh at Mr. Kidd and Mr. Wint. I've watch the scenes so many times to get the perfect soundtrack for their scenes.

They tricked a guy into looking into his mouth while the other guy slipped a scorpion down the back of his shirt.

That's a Bart Simpson move, not a henchman move. Funny stuff.

The new music makes them appear more ominous.

#14245 76 days ago

Hahaha, I've not yet watched Diamonds.

#14253 76 days ago

I've realized, after all my video editing, that I've only watched Octopussy and A View To A Kill for the Roger Moore movies. That 1983 Never Say Never Again I saw in the theater. I recall kids on the playground at recess talking about seeing Moonraker on cable, but my house didn't have cable until a few years later. Never watched a movie with the Jaws character in it and he seems funny as hell.

#14266 75 days ago
Quoted from Stratman:

Hope the Martini shot displays are changing to actual scenes of Connery knocking one back!

Was trying different things for the Martini. Honestly it's a really fast clip with large text on it and nothing really worked there. I wanted to use a Vesper martini instead of ones with olives also. I think martinis with olives are supposed to have an odd # of olives, 1 or 3 and not 2.

#14296 73 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

So, I’m lookin into this mod as I’m loving my pro. So far the game does not frustrate me.
Do people really frown on this? Or is that all joking?

I would assume joking because who cares how someone else plays their game solo?

I bought the mod just for the heck of it because a Pinsider was selling theirs and it was cheaper and I didn't have to wait to get it.

No issues at all with my game, just wanted to vary up the actual gameplay after owning the game for nearly a year. At some point I'll probably remove it because it does make the game easier for me and it was already a long playing game without it. But it does make the game a bit more fun because of all the flow it adds and making different combos, etc.

#14309 73 days ago

I am at .99 with my code and waiting for the 1.0 to drop.

Very happy with getting Diamonds Are Forever playing during Diamonds of Destruction (Mr. Henderson mode). You can thank ArcadeBar for insisting I find that location to get Diamonds playing there. We agreed the song can barely play depending on when you use the multiplier. So now there's a chance to hear the song, for a long time, to its terrific finish.... if you play well. It's great and that's coming from me.

Goldfinger Villain mode....yeah, it's what you expected!

Tom Jones' Thunderball song plays during Q Branch Attache mode (5 loops between the ramps, so you have to earn it).

Lots of other fun Easter eggs and twists on the Bond music, as well as music from other Bond movie soundtracks. Nothing out of place. One can take only so much snare drum music.

Professor Dent, Rosa Klebb and Wint/Kidd now have all new, and similar, music, which really adds to the tension. I needed to limit the WAAAHHH WAH WAAAAAHH WAH and snare drums that drove my ears nuts.

Fiona Vulpa now has her own music - not a copy/paste of another henchmen. Different from the above henchmen too.

Disco Volante is such a fun mode now with the new music - which comes from a Bond movie, yet is a great tongue in cheek nod to the name of the ship.

Oddjob has an electrifying soundtrack! and more!

Plus the addition of the terrific attract mode videos to watch when the game isn't being played. Good stuff for Bond fans.

You might even stick around for a while before starting a new game. Just sayin'.

#14312 73 days ago

Want your 3 letter initials and 10 letter name as a default high score? I'll do a drawing or something when I create the thread for this. That could be fun.

#14319 72 days ago

Show of hands.

Anyone opposed to hearing a portion of A View To A Kill during game over music? I really like it hearing this one I've done the best and timed it with an attract video that plays after game over. Anyone mind that it's not a Connery era song?

#14321 72 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

deal breaker for me!

is what you need!

There's a gotcha to the game over music. I can't just drop anything there. Game over music plays a portion of a longer track and that track plays on occasion during gameplay. So snippets of the game over section bleed into game play.

It's why I had to remove Paul McCartney Live and Let Die from playing during game over. Sometimes I'd hear a second of two of it during gameplay.

#14326 72 days ago

No problem making a Director's Cut (which is what I will personally use) and a Fan Edit version available.

#14329 72 days ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Me personally I would do Goldfinger at the end of the game.

Goldfinger plays during Goldfinger Villain mode and is prominent. Like I said above, anything playing during game over, for roughly the first 45 seconds, gets played during the game here and there for a few seconds. You don't want to hear a few seconds of Goldfinger randomly during gameplay.

So in this case, I made the first bit a variation of the Bond theme. So when it does play during the game, it's not out of place. But then stick around long enough during game over and it remixes. Then on top of that, I have the music choreographed perfectly to a fun scene tying all the Bonds together. This is my game over version for now. I'm all about celebrating Bond movies, not just the first 6. If that's someone wants, well the stock code represents those movies very well.

#14348 70 days ago
Quoted from Requis:

I have a LE and love View to a kill its a great song, my vote would be put all of the bond songs in, and all of the Bond girls and villains. All of the songs were iconic at the time and still sound great. Just my 2 cents..

Lots of non-Connery Bond girls will be represented in the match scenes since the Connery era is represented during the game. Moore, Dalton and the other guy had the hotter women. Still will have Connery punching women in one match scene because that's too funny.

You won't see that woman from the Majesty's Secret Service movie though - oooofa!

No Daniel Craig era though. His women are too serious for the game. You will see him in one attract mode video I made because it's all car scenes and his movies had some great ones.

#14351 70 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Will you be making more than one version? Like one with just Connery and one with all/some of the other eras?

No, I'll make my match scenes the way I want to and I'll offer a stock version that has the original match scenes. Two versions as I see it right now, the one I prefer to play and a version with stock Match scenes and Game Over music.

#14352 70 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Speaking of high score, would it be possible to swap out the music there with something more upbeat or fun? I may be in the minority but I find the music there way to sedate and boring.

Already done!

#14354 70 days ago

I want to convert everything to Austin Powers.

#14357 70 days ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

You don't like Diana Riggs? lol
[quoted image]

There's another woman I guess. I've seen soooo many clips. But one was like, woah, how did she get in the movie?

#14361 70 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If POMC doesn't make an all-Lazenby version I'm gonna be pissed!

His movie would make a great re-theme for Gottlieb's Wipe Out!

#14362 70 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Speaking of high score, would it be possible to swap out the music there with something more upbeat or fun? I may be in the minority but I find the music there way to sedate and boring.

Don't mean to spam this thread. But James Bond is the only pinball thing I have going on right now besides getting No Fear back together.

This afternoon I had an idea and created a new high score song. It's not from a Connery era movie, but it is spot on. I mean, I'd use this as a high score song for another game just because. Played it for my wife and she confirmed it was perfect and a fun idea.

#14377 69 days ago

What movie is the, "He's a man, baby!", scene parodied from?

Starting to look for the answer myself.

#14385 69 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

This is pretty cool.
[quoted image]

Where to buy?

#14386 69 days ago

Here's a beta testing sequence of my entire game over updates. Starts with the Enter Your Initials music if you get a high score. I keep pressing the flipper button to extend the time and test the loop until 1:50. (it does not play this long and finishes when you enter your initials)

Then to a place holder for a Match Sequence. This shows an early test that I use to fill a spot and the final match scenes are totally different.

Then to the Game Over music leading into attract mode videos.

#14389 69 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

ebay.com link: itm

Bought. That's a clever and inexpensive mod. Thanks for the heads up.

#14394 68 days ago

So what does someone do with this badge? Is there an achievement page where you can see all the badges you collected? Do you show them off to other people?

#14397 68 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

You see your achievements on the stern IC app. Or you see it on the website.
Create your profile in stern. Download app. That enables the QR code which you scan when you play.
When you get an achievement, the game you are playing (if connected) sends data to stern that then activates badges on you profile.
Then you can see achievements and badges when you log into Stern website or from the app on your phone.

So does the app show all the possible achievements these days? I recall back when IC started, I'd play a game and get all sort of achievements. But I wasn't trying for them because I didn't know what ones were available. Can people try to collect them all, I guess that's what I'm asking.

#14404 68 days ago
Quoted from Requis:

Is it just me…i lose sound when you start the Bond girls….but also had thought… to maybe use a sound bite like ooh James….when you start it as i think every Bond girls has used the same line…looks cool but again im not getting any sound for it.
Keep up the great work!

Oh, the Bond girls is one of the attract mode videos that automatically play when the the game over music stops. It's not always the Bond girls video this one just happened to play this time. So there's not any sound for the attract videos because Stern doesn't have sound in them to change. This is just the game over music ending while an attract mode begins.

#14422 67 days ago

Got back from a tournament last night (That I won!) and hopped on Bond and scored over 2.5 Billion. Got all the villains, killed Ahoy Mr. Bond, etc. Good time!

#14424 67 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

completing the modes from the ball being delivered to the left flipper is a piece of cake than retrieving it from the pops.

Totally agree. But for me, it does make the game a more fun experience since I've been used to the same gameplay for a long time. I got bored of the constant ejects and rebounds right back into the scuba hole - 4-5 times in a row. Then having to see all those screens, high stakes, power points, etc.

Tedious is what it become to me.

#14452 67 days ago

Some people will have fun playing video games using cheat codes and trainers too. Same difference. Your game, your rules.

Have fun your way, these games are way to pricey to buy and not enjoy. Slap on a VUK or a Shark gobble hole and have fucking fun if that's what makes you keep pressing the start button.

(Played in another tournament tonight and placed 3rd. Paid for my entry and beer money. I could get used to this)

#14461 66 days ago

Nice catch and sharing your find!

I was able to extract that plastic without *GASP* un-stapling the Goodie Bag.

.....and done! Thanks!

Everyone is probably sick of me mentioning my music and video changes. But man, I've come up with a few new ideas and tweaks.

My cycle is drink and think. Next day, clear mind and refine.

#14477 65 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I was meh more Connery up until A View To A Kill started.

That was a few versions ago. Current version of game over music does not play any vocals and I changed up the ending.

I make a few versions a week. Make a change; test that it did indeed change what I intended; play test with glass off & take notes; play test for a few days to hear how it all comes together during gameplay & take Notes. Make those changes and repeat.

Along the way come up with new ideas like what happened last night. Brand new Ball 4 music (4 different tracks that play when not in a mode) that so far is really fun for my ears. Also new music for Power Pack and Attache Case.

I watched Diamonds are Forever today in the background while working on the music updates. In my opinion that's the best Connery movie, but I recognize it took the prior movies for this one to all tie everything together.

Now I have a few new ideas from that movie for attract mode scenes and the Bonus scene. With these new ideas, I should have an all-Connery attract video package to offer or maybe it becomes default if I really it on my game.

New Henchmen music:
Dent
Oddjob
Vulpa
Mr Wint/Kidd

New Villain music:
Henderson
Largo
Goldfinger
Klebb
Dr. No

Q Branch modes:
Attaché Case
Power Pack

3 new tracks that play when not in a ball/start of ball.
New Enter Your Initials/High Score music
New Game Over into attract mode music
14 New videos

To finish - 10 new Match scenes for Bond Women with new Match music

#14479 65 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Just curious, what's the process like for doing all this again for 1.0 code? As simple as importing it all to the new code version on PB?

I started over today with a fresh stock image. Needed to revert two tracks back to stock and wanted to clean up my notes and files. That allowed me to create a new macro since I make so many changes while getting closer to a final version. I could import the videos to 1.0 since I'll have them set by then. Music I'll likely start fresh and make a macro on the pro and use that to import to the premium/LE version.

#14481 65 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

No idea what you said. But like it, more and more. . And I still want to be on the “list” when it becomes a list.

Just to be clear, this will be free to anyone who wants it, as all the updates I make are. In this era of tipping culture, feel free to tip or not.

#14483 65 days ago
Quoted from Rick432:

don't forget Never Say Never Again.

I saw that in the theatre and there is the attract mode scene you would likely expect to see. Guess right and I'll confirm.

#14486 64 days ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Exploding bullet?
Fishing? (Id expect that for match...)
Basinger rescue while on horseback?
Motorcycle skid/recovery?
I'm bad at this...

I need to watch the movie this week. Don't know if I've watched it since in the theater. But I liked the World Domination video game scene a lot at the time.

#14523 63 days ago

Since I've watched Diamonds Are Forever the other day, Bambi and Thumper are obvious omissions!

They now have a dedicated attract mode video.

#14525 63 days ago

And plenty o’toole is also in daf.

Her love shacks are on display in the All Bond Women attract mode.

My attention is diverted to finishing my Star Wars 1.25 code updates. All these Bond women are in my head so I've made a Leia in a Bikini attract mode. She was a real piece of ass!

#14527 63 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

With all these new posts, I was thinking the new code must have been released.

Me too!

#14549 60 days ago

The villain ramp decals are a great, inexpensive, cosmetic mod.

#14551 60 days ago

Decals on ebay
ebay.com link: itm

The sideblades are from Wizard Mods. They make the best blades and cabinet skins since they don't bother with worrying about copyrights/trademark infringement.

#14553 60 days ago

Anyone make an instruction card to replace the red insider connected card? Figured I'd ask before making one myself.

#14555 60 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Thanks.
Do they have the hole cut for the head bolts or not?

Mine don't, but I bought these a year ago. I prefer without the hole cut since I've never had to remove a hinge and the blades look cleaner. But you could ask if they offer with the cutout.

#14558 60 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Cheater! Save the lube for the old lady!

Now THAT'S cheating!

#14592 59 days ago

Def looks good. Smart idea!

#14598 59 days ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

One member here continually asked for Bond Women and finally got it. It was a very nice little addition to this fine game. I want to see/hear Bond characters for combos instead of some pic of a living room. .

I'm looking into this Living Room scene for you. I'm sure I'll know it when I see it, but just can't picture it.

PS - Anyone owning a Star Wars pin, I'm finishing my latest update based on the current 1.25 code. Also making available the 1.10 custom code that was the last version to have Midnight Madness Multiball available for me to unlock.

#14621 58 days ago

Recent, yet already changed, attract videos. I thought I deleted this video due to the ceiling light reflection visible on the screen. But since it is still here, take a look if you'd like.

#14624 57 days ago

Want to hear something crazy? This video of a test Match scene that I made to show you guys, has 10,587 views on Youtube.

#14635 56 days ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Don’t put that in their no class

I didn't film the scenes lol

#14642 56 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Want to hear something crazy? This video of a test Match scene that I made to show you guys, has 10,587 views on Youtube.

#14682 54 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

It's kind of comical how many clips can stack on that scuba scoop. I actually REALLY like the shot, but man...
- Jetpack clip
- Power Pack clip
- Domino clip
- High stakes clip
and I feel like there are a bunch more I'm forgetting .I hit that scoop and go make a sandwich.

Especially when trying to listen to the new custom game music and vibing with it....then High Stakes intermission.

#14710 52 days ago

My unfinished match test video, now over 16,000 views! What's funny to me is that 67% of the views are from it being a Suggested Video.

The description is "Bond beating women".

#14782 47 days ago

Made temp trade of my Rush Pro for Foo Fighters Pro yesterday. So now I have two games on .99 code.

Which game will reach 1.00 first?

3 weeks later
#15103 24 days ago

2.2 billion game last night and reached Chaos for the first time. Hadn’t played the game in weeks either.

Time to move on from Bond, at least temporarily, since it’s always been a long playing game for me. Too long.

#15105 23 days ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Right before 1.0? You’re crazy

I’m going to temp trade with someone local. I’ll get it back in a few months and then it will be fresh and will have 1.0 to play on.

#15113 23 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Hmm I wonder if the Scuba mod is making games longer?

I took it off and put the game back to stock since I’m temp trading and it’s going on location.

#15116 23 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

That’s the 2nd time the Scuba Kick Mod has been attributed to somebodies score when they don’t even have it installed……

I’ve posted I had it installed a few times and didn’t announce I removed it. So that’s likely why.

#15118 22 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yes I agree. In this case it was just a query.
Anyway, what pin are you bringing in as the swap?

Not sure yet. My Rush is on trade for Foo, so probably want something other than a Stern. Maybe Scared Stiff or Circus Voltaire?

#15132 21 days ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

If you want to know another reason why we keep giving you crap for posting so much about the mod in this thread, it’s because there is a separate James Bond mod thread. It seems to me that thread is the appropriate place to post your mod updates and sales information. Especially since this is such a divisive mod. I’m not telling you you can’t post it here, but don’t expect that the criticisms of being cheaters will stop just because they have been addressed before. I would think that a post here referring to the other thread when an update is available would be appropriate. I don’t see a lot of posts on here for the awesome bond shooter rod mod, I don’t see posts on here for the awesome goldfinger laser mod, but yet every day seems to have a cheater mod post. You do you, but don’t expect the natives to be quiet.

It was a pretty good April Fools joke.

#15137 21 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Relax guys it was an April fools.

I thought it was an actual funny joke. Going into watching the video, I'm thinking, what could he have possibly tweaked that would cost a pre-owner $100?

Spotted right away what you did before even getting any further in the video. Well played!

1 week later
#15253 13 days ago

Message me if you own a Pro and want to have a new experience waiting for 1.0.

#15255 13 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Oh sweet, did you finish the code?

No, just what I currently am testing.

#15290 11 days ago

Wow! Almost 50,000 views!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
$ 55.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=pomc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.