007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 145.
#5201 1 year ago

I've only had the opportunity to play it a few times but we both like GB. Was actually on my list at one point. Still kicking myself for not grabbing a nearby LE for $6600.

#5202 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I thought it was really fun.
And playing the "Are you a God" mode with guests was always a blast. Glad they made that a stand alone, like two games in one.

Every time I got to Are you a God I was happy only because it meant I'd probably be grand champ and not have to play that game again for a while. Especially if I managed to become a god.

Never played it by itself, always had to earn it. Its nice they give you the option though. However, it was never that impressive of a wizard mode to me either

#5203 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its well known that the flipper gap on GB WAS NOT designed that way and was a mistake.

Just curious, do you have a link for that?

I must admit, I'm finding it hard to believe that something as basic as the space between the flippers was somehow a mistake across multiple whitewoods and CAD drawings. How does that happen?

Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm trying to think of a worse modern game than ghostbusters and having a hard time coming up with anything.

I can think of several myself. My main beef with the game, designer's personal failings aside, is the code was overly linear. I'm not a fan of that kind of ladder approach. But it's been done worse.

#5204 1 year ago

I've heard versions of this story repeated multiple times to the point its gospel to some

Trudeau normally puts in a larger gap between his flippers. While finalizing the design, the gap was made too big (nearly double what it should have been for a typical gap that Trudeau would use).

I have no idea if it's true.

That said, it's obvious Ghostbusters was a bit rushed at the end because the outlane proton gun things got scrapped at the last minute, but the holes for them still made it into the final playfield

#5205 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just curious, do you have a link for that?
I must admit, I'm finding it hard to believe that something as basic as the space between the flippers was somehow a mistake across multiple whitewoods and CAD drawings. How does that happen?

I can think of several myself. My main beef with the game, designer's personal failings aside, is the code was overly linear. I'm not a fan of that kind of ladder approach. But it's been done worse.

If I find one, I'll post it up. It pops up from time to time. I want to say maybe one of the last times I saw it was during a live stream of another game. Yes I agree the code sucks, yes even once they revamped it. Its not the code though and its not just the flipper gap, theres like a ton of horrible design choices that make it a real stinker. Maybe the Pro plays better, as I've only ever played premiums.

#5206 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I've heard versions of this story repeated multiple times to the point its gospel to some
Trudeau normally puts in a larger gap between his flippers. While finalizing the design, the gap was made too big (nearly double what it should have been for a typical gap that Trudeau would use).
I have no idea if it's true.
That said, it's obvious Ghostbusters was a bit rushed at the end because the outlane proton pack ball saver things got scrapped at the last minute, but the holes for them still made it into the final playfield

The story I heard was Stern had the current flipper gap on the prototype game and they didn't like it as wide as it is. They made the gap smaller but they sent in the wrong specks to the company making the playfields and it was too late and costly to remake the playfields with the smaller gap. I can't verify this but I think it was on a Franchi podcast? But really don't know for a fact if it's true or not or where I heard it.
I like the game myself and look at it as a harder challenge game. I miss the old code but understand why it was changed.
I thought this was a bitch about Bond pricing thread!!

#5207 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

If I find one, I'll post it up. It pops up from time to time. I want to say maybe one of the last times I saw it was during a live stream of another game. Yes I agree the code sucks, yes even once they revamped it. Its not the code though and its not just the flipper gap, theres like a ton of horrible design choices that make it a real stinker. Maybe the Pro plays better, as I've only ever played premiums.

The magna slings are pretty infuriating

Quoted from Crumbalimb:

This is where all $tern grievances are being aired, real or imaginary

#5208 1 year ago

The "game of chance" Ghostbusters is, is what makes it fun for me. It certainly isn't a tournament game. The magna slings just add to the unpredictability (and fun). It feels fucking good to deal with the slings successfully, and get those random Tobin's Spirit Guide multipliers, ESP video mode, and get a perfect storm of a game. It's a great home game that never gets old. There are way more linear games than GB that get higher praise.

#5209 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

The "game of chance" Ghostbusters is, is what makes it fun for me. It certainly isn't a tournament game. The magna slings just add to the unpredictability (and fun). It feels fucking good to deal with the slings successfully, and get those random Tobin's Spirit Guide multipliers, ESP video mode, and get a perfect storm of a game. It's a great home game that never gets old. There are way more linear games than GB that get higher praise.

And all for the bargain price of less than $20k!

#5210 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

you will learn here not to argue with tournament focused individuals as fun is not their main objective....points are. I have no clue what these negative people are talking about as it would be the last to go out of my collection. Guns and Roses CE would be the first

#5211 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

The story I heard was Stern had the current flipper gap on the prototype game and they didn't like it as wide as it is. They made the gap smaller but they sent in the wrong specks to the company making the playfields and it was too late and costly to remake the playfields with the smaller gap. I can't verify this but I think it was on a Franchi podcast? But really don't know for a fact if it's true or not or where I heard it.

That at least makes some sense.

Someone slipping and the CAD getting accidentally too wide less so. The whole bottom of the layout is tied to the flipper positions, you can't just shift them without redoing everything else.

#5212 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Goatf***ers always manages to ruin everything.

#5213 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

it was too late and costly to remake the playfields with the smaller gap.

If I was project manager I'd have just had the shop use a router to make make the hole cut longer. The flipper is held entirely by the supporting mech + bushing on the bottom anyway so you should be able to just have a bigger hole in the playfield and slide the flipper assembly over. That is if it was caught before shipping and everyone agreed it messed up the game. How far off are the holes? I'll have to play Ghostbusters again and inspect.

#5214 1 year ago

I would have added Zipper Flippers to Ghost Busters

#5215 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I would have added Zipper Flippers to Ghost Busters

Learn something every day.

#5216 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

How far off are the holes? I'll have to play Ghostbusters again and inspect.

IIRC, the Trudeau gap is 1/4" wider than a normal flipper gap. However GB's flipper gap I think was another 1/4" wider. That is of course from flipper tip to flipper tip, but if you're talking each flipper from the centerline/SDTM line, cut those in half (so the left flipper is 1/8" more to the left on a Trudeau game, and an additional 1/8" to the left on GB. Vice versa for the right flipper).

I believe those were the numbers someone made based on measurements he took when the game was released. No idea how to search one post that long ago on Pinside.

#5217 1 year ago

So Kaneda's price prediction for James Bond 60th Anniversary Edition $LE in one year is $12,000.

Stern If you are reading this and If my BDSLE 60th drops in price that much.... I will not buy any more sterns for a long time. Stern will lose customers over this pin if it goes south!

#5218 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

So Kaneda's price prediction for James Bond 60th Anniversary Edition $LE in one year is $12,000.
Stern If you are reading this and If my BDSLE 60th drops in price that much.... I will not buy any more sterns for a long time. Stern will lose customers over this pin if it goes south!

LoL Kaneda, I tried listening to his stuff. He loves to whine and hear his own voice. Dude is a wind bag.
I am still excited for my Bond 60th anniversary game, should be here within 3-4 weeks I am guessing

#5219 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

How many of Kanedas predictions have been true? Half of the time he is just playing around. While he was flipping pinball machines for profit he was pumping values. Now he has no skin in the game he is doing the opposite.
He is just saying what he thinks people want to hear and he even puts Pinside posts on his Facebook account.

#5220 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

you will learn here not to argue with tournament focused individuals as fun is not their main objective....points are. I have no clue what these negative people are talking about as it would be the last to go out of my connection. Guns and Roses would CE would be the first

Neither one leaving for me!

#5221 1 year ago

I don't know which is a bigger waste of time, pointless podcasts or Facebook, but if you combine the two surely that's the chocolate and peanut butter of "don't you have better things to do with your day?"

With all the free time you saved you could argue with strangers about the value of a product you're never going to buy!

#5222 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I think the bigger take away here is most would agree not to buy a game, especially one you haven't played, if you are concerned about what the price will be in a year. While historically most games have maintained or went up in value, there's no certainty that this will. As for what it will do, that remains to be seen. I doubt many people who buy one are going to let theirs go for such a loss after a year. They'd probably just keep them. On the flip side what could happen is that they don't sell out and Stern cuts production early and then they go up...but we just don't know at this point.

#5223 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I can make predictions too. They'll sell all 500 and in one year people will wish they could get one for 20k.

#5224 1 year ago

My prediction is still the same for 2023.

The current pricing structure isn’t sustainable for the pinball masses.

Stern won’t see 1,000 LEs at $13k UNLESS people are just resigned to losing $$$ on the secondary market.

If that is a main concern for folks then you shouldn’t buy the pinball machine, any of them.

The days of buying, playing and flipping for more $$$ are over.

I would be ok with paying $18k for a BondSLE, playing it for however long to enjoy it and then IF it’s $12k next year or 2 years from now, that’s ok with me, the relative “value” is worth it to me.

Same thing with a BondLE at $14,500 shipped and taxes.

IF I ever sold for whatever price lower I’ve already gotten my FUN value out of it.

I get why most people don’t feel that way which is why the Stern and JJP Gooses are somewhat cooked OR they simply have to adjust in the future.

That’s what make pinball FUN, we get to “collect” and play what we like.

And it’s not just something that sits on a shelf to look at like my vintage graded basketball cards (worth more than my pins today)

#5225 1 year ago

This Wilt Chamberlain rookie card, psa 9, went for $348,000

A current auction for one is higher.

Maybe that’s where Stern card guy is going? $20k is nothing

Lots of big $$$ collectors out there!

764E4777-6C78-4271-B14B-F0C3361A474B (resized).png764E4777-6C78-4271-B14B-F0C3361A474B (resized).png

#5226 1 year ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

I can make predictions too. They'll sell all 500 and in one year people will wish they could get one for 20k.

Agree with this...but if I like the game, Im not selling anyway.

If I don't like it, then I'll just sell. To Dougs point, I dont buy any game w intent on making $$$ after ( if) I sell. Losing some money on it wouldn't bother me ( will never be $12k....f*king stupid, attention getting comment).

Oddly haven't lost $$$ on a single game Ive ever sold though......guess Bond60 is just THAT bad..lmfao...

#5227 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My prediction is still the same for 2023.
The current pricing structure isn’t sustainable for the pinball masses.
Stern won’t see 1,000 LEs at $13k UNLESS people are just resigned to losing $$$ on the secondary market.
If that is a main concern for folks then you shouldn’t buy the pinball machine, any of them.
The days of buying, playing and flipping for more $$$ are over.
I would be ok with paying $18k for a BondSLE, playing it for however long to enjoy it and then IF it’s $12k next year or 2 years from now, that’s ok with me, the relative “value” is worth it to me.
Same thing with a BondLE at $14,500 shipped and taxes.
IF I ever sold for whatever price lower I’ve already gotten my FUN value out of it.
I get why most people don’t feel that way which is why the Stern and JJP Gooses are somewhat cooked OR they simply have to adjust in the future.
That’s what make pinball FUN, we get to “collect” and play what we like.
And it’s not just something that sits on a shelf to look at like my vintage graded basketball cards (worth more than my pins today)

Agreed and well put.

#5228 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If I don't like it, then I'll just sell. To Dougs point, I dont buy any game w intent on making $$$ after ( if) I sell. Losing some money on it wouldn't bother me ( will never be $12k....f*king stupid, attention getting comment).
Oddly haven't lost $$$ on a single game Ive ever sold though......guess Bond60 is just THAT bad..lmfao...

I think it's less about if you like the game and more about moving on to whatever is next...which is what a lot of people do, even if they claim it to be the greatest game ever, bolted to the floor. Seen that so many times and a few days later it's up for sale.

#5229 1 year ago

I hope what’s next has inline drops

#5230 1 year ago

Many MANY pins have come out to great ridicule and lower prices for the first year after release only to catch on and skyrocket in price after that. Be it code updates or a realization that the game is really good. Once the knee jerk observations calm down, the price finds a level.

This may be one of those as well. Time will tell. But for now, we REALLY need a game play vid!

#5231 1 year ago

I gotta say I respect your attitude toward all this drama. You seem like a stand-up guy.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

#5232 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

How far South are you prepared to go?

#5233 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I gotta say I respect your attitude toward all this drama. You seem like a stand-up guy.

Appreciate the kind words....Im oddly immune to most of the drama....kind of like babies screaming on an airplane ( I fly alot for work)...they always do it.....every flight....just naturally tune it out and do my work just fine....

Pinball is my hobby...my escape from the madness...no crybaby is ever going to affect my buying decisions or enjoyment of the game, lol.

There are good people in here that contribute to the hobby and enjoyable to chat with in the PM's...

Then there are the others...

( standing now, but yes, bourbon Friday)

Too stoked for this game!!

#5234 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Let's be honest. Even though pro models have been increasing in price, the kiss of death will be if stern decides to only make premium/LE/SLE models. That would truly be the kiss of death money grab.
Is it coming?

Bubba, I’ve seen the Pro prices. Getting LE-esque in pricing. I know, I know, ‘back in my day…’. But I’m talking 2014 Stern LE prices. Damn.

#5235 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Appreciate the kind words....Im oddly immune to most of the drama....kind of like babies screaming on an airplane ( I fly alot for work)...they always do it.....every flight....just naturally tune it out and do my work just fine....
Pinball is my hobby...my escape from the madness...no crybaby is ever going to effect my buying decisions or enjoyment of the game, lol.
There are good people in here that contribute to the hobby and enjoyable to chat with in the PM's...
Then there are the others...
( standing now, but yes, bourbon Friday)
Too stoked for this game!!

I’m gonna say this. If you play it and decide it’s awesome I’ll call this SLE version a win. For you.

#5236 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m gonna say this. If you play it and decide it’s awesome I’ll call this SLE version a win. For you.

More than fair, lol..

#5237 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow - that's pretty remarkable! I've been in this hobby pretty deep for 20 years and have had a great run. I've made more money than I've lost and consider myself fortunate. Nevertheless, I've lost $$ on the following 6 games in 20 years (which is roughly 10% of the games I've purchased):

HEP AFM (-3k), Aerosmith (-$600), Munsters (-$400), SWLE (-$250), UMCE (-$1,250), IM (-$800)

From my perspective, it's inevitable that as prices go wild there will be much more opportunity to lose money. Who cares? Nice cars depreciate like crazy yet I still enjoy them. I also like investing...not all investments work out It's unfortunate that so many folks are fixated on "never losing money"...

#5238 1 year ago

If you measure your life on what you make or lose on pinball machines then I feel sorry for you.

Kaneda likes to talk about “grown men whining and arguing about pinball”

He’s a grown man doing hundreds of podcasts whining about grown men doing what they do.

#5239 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Wow - that's pretty remarkable! I've been in this hobby pretty deep for 20 years and have had a great run. I've made more money than I've lost and consider myself fortunate. Nevertheless, I've lost $$ on the following 6 games in 20 years (which is roughly 10% of the games I've purchased):
HEP AFM (-3k), Aerosmith (-$600), Munsters (-$400), SWLE (-$250), UMCE (-$1,250), IM (-$800)
From my perspective, it's inevitable that as prices go wild there will be much more opportunity to lose money. Who cares? Nice cars depreciate like crazy yet I still enjoy them. I also like investing...not all investments work out It's unfortunate that so many folks are fixated on "never losing money"...

Probably because I still have most of the one's I purchased, lol........

#5240 1 year ago

Jus got word my Bond 60th ships out next week!

#5241 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know which is a bigger waste of time, pointless podcasts or Facebook

Pinball award shows a close third.

#5242 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This Wilt Chamberlain rookie card, psa 9, went for $348,000
A current auction for one is higher.
Maybe that’s where Stern card guy is going? $20k is nothing
Lots of big $$$ collectors out there!
[quoted image]

Sell some pins through there. Then we will see what the masters of collectible market manipulation can do. Heritage is such a trash company.

#5243 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Sell some pins through there. Then we will see what the masters of collectible market manipulation can do. Heritage is such a trash company.

The collectible card market is what it is. And idiots aren’t dropping that kind of $$$ on slabbed cardboard without some idea of what’s going on.

That’s just ONE example of thousands of them.

How easy do you think it is to “manipulate” somebody into dropping that kind of $$$ on a card? PSA 8 is $65k-100k.

Clueless

#5244 1 year ago

IF Bond 60th meets Beatles level then it’s a win for what it is. Playing it now.

Price wise, no comparison.

#5245 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Jus got word my Bond 60th ships out next week!

Awesome.. Congrats!

Owners club soon.

#5246 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Probably because I still have most of the one's I purchased, lol........

We keep the ones we like too. Main problem is in the last few years we have kept almost everything we have bought. Room is starting to become an issue.

#5247 1 year ago

Will be interesting to see how the 60th HUO price holds out in the future. If the BOM would have even remotely matched the outrageous price, no question, it would hold or might even gain in value. When a company is asking that kind of MSRP, it better be worth it in most people’s mind or it will surely go south in price down the road. The 60th is a throwback game: is there enough content to hold pinball players attention over the long haul, unless into the simplicity of besting your last score? (Apologist downvote away, lol)

#5248 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Will be interesting to see how the 60th HUO price fairs in the future. If the BOM would have even remotely matched the outrageous price, no question, it would hold or even gain in value. When a company is asking that kind of MSRP, it better be worth it in most people’s mind or it will surely go south in price down the road. The 60th is a throwback game, so there is not enough there to hold pinball players attention over the long hall, unless into the simplicity of besting your last score. Someone posted this a while back in another thread and its now fitting here…
[quoted image]

Umm, you are seriously about 100 pages too late on this. Try to keep up.

#5249 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Will be interesting to see how the 60th HUO price fairs in the future. If the BOM would have even remotely matched the outrageous price, no question, it would hold or even gain in value. When a company is asking that kind of MSRP, it better be worth it in most people’s mind or it will surely go south in price down the road. The 60th is a throwback game, so there is not enough there to hold pinball players attention over the long hall, unless into the simplicity of besting your last score. Someone posted this a while back in another thread and its now fitting here…
[quoted image]

Spell check Tbird. “Fairs” and “long hall”.

Ok we all get it. This game is directed at a high end “collector” that doesn’t care about price. That simple.

Is it going to F Stern with the fan base in the future? Yep. But these buyers don’t give a F

#5250 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This game is directed at a high end “collector” that doesn’t care about price. That simple.
Is it going to F Stern with the fan base in the future? Yep. But these buyers don’t give a F

Lol, fixed it for you. This game is directed at anyone that will pay their asking price. Although we see that’s in big question too, since there is widespread discounting going on just to try and get rid of them. Most any brand’s reputation/image in the market place is of utmost importance. They guard their image like a hawk and pay PR firms big dollars to do so. It appears Stern doesn’t seem to care what happens to their’s. Is the big profit off of a measly 500 games worth that to Stern?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/105?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.