007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1566 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I just had another dealer with a Thunderball LE available contact me yesterday. It appears that people are still dropping out when it's time to actually pay for/pick up the game. If the 60th anniversary game costs twice as much, I don't see how they are going to sell 500 of them.

Different buyers. Different game.

#1575 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

OK. I am interested to see what the playfield design will look like. Is Keith E. not designing a Bond Pro and Premium also....since this is a different Bond machine? (and probably will be superior)

You need to get caught up on all things Bond pinball.

Short answer. Yes.

#1576 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Someone gave it to me several years back....before and after shots, lol[quoted image][quoted image]

Does this come with different " toppers" that you collect with the bottles?

#1577 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There is only one high end collector here and he will brag to all of us, over and over and over again

You? I mean, we all know you are in on most every game, LE. Not a bad thing of course...Fuck i wish i could be accused of being a stupid high end collector!!!!

Also, roids. Someone please accuse me of taking roids!

#1585 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yea...different " grades" of the stuff, and each cork has a letter at the back of the horse....
Luck of the draw on which one is on the bottle
[quoted image]

Thanks for the info. Really cool..

#1637 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Hi! New Pinsider here! I am in on a Bond Premium, in fact it ships Tuesday!
But, I am watching the 60th with an eye to grab one maybe. Anyone know pricing? Will it be more or less than Elvira’s 40th?

#1647 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So I'm hearing a lot of contradiction on this title.
First - price is unset dealers are setting it. Then Stern are setting it, latest I heard is that like Batman SLE all sales are going to be managed directly through Stern?!
I'm sure there must be a good reason but it seems like this is harder than it should be.

Nothing about the Bond launch has gone well, SLE included..

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I finally decided that all the odd mismatched details, seemingly bizarre concept (at least to me) of limited-releasing a possible gold mine layout idea from the hottest designer in pinball piggybacked on a cornerstone from the same IP… all things considered: I think we are being trolled by Stern, at least in terms of the details as we believe them to be so far.
Stern is pulling a Keyser Söze on us.

Id go with Keystone Kops on the rollout.

#1751 1 year ago

If i was rich I'd buy it.

Why not? If i had millions in the bank, is $25,000 really that big of deal?

#1781 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, we’ll have to agree to disagree.
“How can they charge $25k for this game when Lyman didn’t do the software?!” is unseemly.
It’s like complaining that Wakanda movie tickets cost $20 and Chadwick Boseman isn’t even in it.

Is it?
Talk about a stretch to make a point. What was your point btw?

#2478 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:Call me crazy, but I don’t want movie clips. How does that add or remove value from a game anyways?
If I want to watch the movies I will watch the movies. I want to play awesome pinball and this looks awesome.

Of course you dont, you bought one lol. Not like you're going to bag on it now..

#2488 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I think the whole point was to make the same profit off of 500 games that would normally take 5,000 games.

I think the whole point is too see how much they can push. They should have priced em at $25,000 IMO

#2511 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are definitely in “this food looks terrible…and such tiny portions!” Territory with this crew, but I’m not sure what you expected. People have been edging on this for months and you have to give them their sweet release.
Like a puppy with a new toy they’ll tire themselves out and pass out.
The only thing I wasn’t expected was the deluge of people who STILL think somehow stern can sell commercial pinball machines for “4-5K!” And not go out of business.
Folks. Accept it. Never again will you see a brand new, commercial pinball machine for $4-5k.
Why do I have to keep reminding you all of this?!

Because we are kidding, but this game is just a baren glorified home pin. No video, on a pin based on movies. Its like TS4 and no toys. Why Bond then?

I mean they saved a shit ton on any sort of theme integration to be sure, cause there doesnt appear to be a need.

Anyway, not a hater and maybe ill see it at Zapcon!

#2652 1 year ago

I feel this is Elwins version of a plunge and walk away. No heart in this game, just $$$ in Sterns eyes. Mail it in and move on.

#2660 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This is the dumbest fucking thing I've read in this thread
This is an SLE that is actually unique in every way, but somehow it's a a SLE without any extra effort. Some of you people...

Unique in every way, except similar shots from past games. Poster artwork and spinny hat straight from GnR.

Lots of uniqueness. Well price is unique I suppose.

You dont have to make excuses..

#2707 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

The game is uniquely different than any other game Stern has put out and it looks very fun. I disagree that Keith "mailed it in", and I seriously doubt he is part of the pricing decision.
I think it keeps coming back to the same thing: It is an asinine price for what the game actually offers.
It is quite possible Keith is quietly rolling his eyes at the pricing and art decision as well, but cannot say anything as he is an employee.
There is zero doubt in my mind that if this was the game offered at a much more reasonable price, this thread would read way differently in a much more positive fashion.
And hell yes, I can't wait to play this, but no thank you on buying one.

Elwin could write his next paycheck somewhere else, he should have some say if they are using his name as a selling point.

#2779 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

You clearly don't know Keith.

So this his best then? Doubt it. I know enough, just like most everyone else does, this is a cash grab, plain and simple. Is this what YOU were expecting for a SLE, based on previous SLEs?

#2857 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

My post landed in moderator jail based on how severe my distaste is for Cary Hardy. Apparently it’s a personal attack to say you’re not a fan.

Oh yea, celebrities big and small are OFF-limits!

#2860 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Different strokes for different folks, I detest the "shoot the left ramp!" Theater of Magic callout style that's constantly telling you what to do. It gets incredibly old very quickly.
If you were to argue that modern rulesets can be confusing, especially to new players, I couldn't think you were crazy. But good design is better than hand holding, in my opinion at least. I think a game like Godzilla, that can get pretty deep, also offers plenty of fun to casual players who don't know about the depths.
Anyways, Bond 60th is clearly not a deep ruleset, on purpose, not because it's somehow a failure. It's simpler rules, wilder balls, shorter play time. Great combination. I don't think it's going to particularly hard to learn. Play it a few times and you won't be looking at the instructions.

Quoted from reffob:

Ok now that would be hilarious if M and Q occasionally popped up on the screen to tell you to do stuff

I hope so too lol!!

#2948 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It still a black fucking hat in the middle of the playfield and it still posters all over the cabinet sides!
Let’s be honest with assessments if that’s possible on Pinside!
Bond 60th 20,000 Stupid price
Toy Story 4 CE 15,000 Stupid price

If you squint and pray hard enough, you can convince yourself these arent 99% the same.

JJ

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I predicted here that this would be the case months ago. The idea that they were gonna somehow shove 60 years and 25 movies into this thing in every way seemed pretty ridiculous to me.
Post #35 in this thread, referring to the "covers all movies" aspect:

Pinside always invents its own fantasy game, and then is disappointed when reality intrudes.
Have you placed your order for the machine yet? You know you want to!

If Stern has the balls to call a movie title on the side "An asset" from the movie, yall should be ashamed of yourselves.

Didnt they say it would cover 60 years? That dont cut it, and even a Stern disciple such as your self knows it. Yea, you have games to sell, but come on man.

Screenshot_20230104_110909_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_110909_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_110746_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_110746_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3005 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:No it's gone. OC posted a link a few pages back to the video on their youtube, but it's been removed from youtube. Their topper video is still up though, I guess that's ok!

They clearly dont want people seeing gameplay before they are all sold, I wonder why that is?

#3050 1 year ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Hard to imagine choosing a $20k 60th over a $13k LE and a good $7k pro...

I have a hard time believing this SLE is going to be a better experience than the Pro. I havent played the Pre or Le..

If its at least as fun as the pro, then win?

#3054 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The internet remembers!
[quoted image]

I tbought Oddjob threw a hat, not a disk? Huh...

#3080 1 year ago

How will Stern package the topper with this game? I think Batman SLE is the only other game to come with a topper right? How was that packaged?

Probably separate, like Mando?

#3088 1 year ago

Any thoughts on a possibly interactive, or at least "changing" backglass? Hear me out.
Within the first 2 or 3 seconds of the trailer, you see a Bond 60th in the very upper left hand corner of the backglass, fade in, then it fades out. Is that just video jazz, or maybe more? Gomez said a shot we have never seen before, maybe a shot into the backglass? I know Banzai Run nailed that concept, but maybe?

Screenshot_20230104_203635_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_203635_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_204117_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_204117_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3090 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

The moderators have gotten over 15 abuse reports from this thread in the last few hours. Please refrain from comments attacking other Pinsiders and stay on topic.

Definitely, keep the mods in mind!!!

Also foot in mouth..

#3091 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think it’s a mirror backglass and the reflection catches the light.

Probably, but if you watch the vid, it seems to fade in.

#3094 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think that definitley falls in the category of....

I just want this to be a winner, ive given my .02 and looking for ways!

#3095 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You sure?[quoted image]

Damn yall quick ha. Edited and foot in mouth. Surprised they have let 15 or more complaints go unchecked, when I barely mention a celebrity and get a 7 day eject. Shock gif.

Back on topic!

#3096 1 year ago

What if the whole backglass ended up being some extension of the playfield with shot indicators, light changing to match playfield lighting?

#3099 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

You edited it before I got a chance to read it.

Thank goodness, but I didnt initially see you were a mod.

But, your out of the circle of trust haha

#3100 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I’m sorry, where is this video of gameplay?

Must be the quick video from CES that Stern had pulled. I think they still show the topper?

#3116 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't you summon that evil into the world by even theorizing it.

You know.

#3175 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:I really can’t afford one… but was too stupid and caught up in the moment to be able to control my instincts. Grrrr.

I can afford 2 and then finance one if I were to so choose.

#3442 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is an expensive machine. I think $2 per game or $5 for 3 games is very reasonable. Most pin heads will more than likely never get the opportunity to play one.
I think the machine will get plenty of plays. Good on you for putting one on site. Even all the people who are complaining about price will have a go.

Lol, put this up against almost anything else recent and you expect people to pay double lol. No, you probably wont make your money back for a very long time on route.

#3575 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is the brutal portion of the hyper thread. These are fun until the moment right after the game is released. Then it’s best to drain it and wait for the owners thread.

Yea I dont even know why buyers are posting here, they bought the hype. Why stick around to defend it? Thats got to be as much a broken loop as the hate-hype.

#3576 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Yeah a wish there was a "no pricing talk" thread because I'm actually curious about the game, looks unique and interesting.

Go to Sternpinball.com and get all your questions answered regarding this masterpiece of a Elwin pin!

Or not. They dont tell you shit about it either lol. Maybe you fave distro, surely they have the latest? Oh wait, Stern has distros pull down short vids.

I would take the hint and wait until some real info and vid gameplay is released. I doubt this is going to climb in value.

#3579 1 year ago

Seems some owners are getting sick of people posting in a hype thread and seem to think its an owners thread already. I say all sides post away and lets talk this out. Too much devision and the world and Bond saved the world multiple times, maybe the Bond SLE pin will bring pinside together?

#3587 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Any ideas for what else to do with our spare time?
[quoted image]

Not surprised. She lost me at "hes not some guy!, hes a "tech journalist". Lol ok!

#3592 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I said maybe it’s time to separate the threads. I am getting one. I agree it’s very expensive. But I’d like to participate in a discussion with people exciting for this and not s***ing all over it.

Have you found that unicorn, cause early consensus is there is no reason, to not shit all over it.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

Elon is a fraud, top to bottom. I’ve been fairly relentless calling him out, and have done network TV and major media calling him out on it. I was in WSJ just a few weeks ago talking about it.
It’s why he went after me like a child.
When you start digging deeply into any of his companies, you start to understand the pattern. Hype, lie, overpromise, mislead investors and regulators.
The only real product is the stock price.

Lol haha.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

Elon is a fraud, top to bottom. I’ve been fairly relentless calling him out, and have done network TV and major media calling him out on it. I was in WSJ just a few weeks ago talking about it.
It’s why he went after me like a child.
When you start digging deeply into any of his companies, you start to understand the pattern. Hype, lie, overpromise, mislead investors and regulators.
The only real product is the stock price.

Your teams wide eyed love of all things "green" led your peeps into Elons arms and given recent truths, hes not as green anymore??

Classic.

#3593 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This doesn't even make the top 20. Pinside has clearly been going soft while I was on break, all these new people think this is vitriolic.

Porsche and Omega collectors, what do you expect!

#3595 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Stern exploited the "imagination phenomenon" with its anniversary edition.
We tend to fill in the blanks with our primal instincts, fears and desires. We knew that Elwin was designing the game. We learned that the game would feature a unique shot never before seen in pinball. Most of us imagined a spectacular creation. We filled in the blanks left for us by Stern.
Alfred Hitchcock understood the human psyche. That's why in the classic horror film, Psycho, the knife never actually pierces flesh. Instead, that famous shower scene is edited so that our minds create the horror.
Imagination is among the most powerful of human traits.

Finally, a voice of reason!

#3603 1 year ago

#3604 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You think you're better than me!?!

He is, he is 69. We all.know that. 68 came up short, sorry.

#3607 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hey, TMB it's TBM. See we are bonding already.

Probably, my real initials are MTB, but I pushed the envelope years ago and identified as a TMB when setting high scores all over Cheyenne Wyoming!

#3608 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They could probably do some display effects with the reels. Sounds like they have a slot machine like effect already (because who doesn’t love associating pinball with gambling and slots)
Each spinner could control a reel in a mode. Try to line them all up!

Honestly, I think there has got to be some tricks up their sleeves that us pinside slueths havent figured out.

#3612 1 year ago

I don't intend to buy one but it would be cool if bits and pieces that leaked could be talked about. I mean heck a pic of the actual machine leaked some time ago so who knows, I thought maybe other nuggets of info would leak and people would bounce them around. But right now the signal to noise ratio in this thread is seriously low.

At least you understand that this is Stern and the licensers doing, not pinside. We would all love to hear/see more about this pinball machine that has been much hyped. If you find some signal, post it here please. The noise is deafening from Stern.

#3614 1 year ago

Does anyone know what " Upgraded sound system" means on Bond60th?
LE Speakers and Sub?
The spraker grill on the backbox looks like a premium.
Is there a feature matrix?

I havent seen it posted on pinside, have you checked out Sternpinball.com? They should have all the latest info on the Bond SLE. Can you post here if you find it?

#3616 1 year ago

I have already been looking for it on Stern Website.. I thought it was on there yesterday but I cannot find it today.

I would look at the Prem/LE pics and compare to what the SLE shows. I dont think there has been a feature matrix yet, or video/audioassetgate may have been put to rest.

#3619 1 year ago

I have already been looking for it on Stern Website.. I thought it was on there yesterday but I cannot find it today.

I decided to take a look, and sharp eye, the Bond SuperLimitedEdition does indeed get the premium speaker covers, foregoing the obviously future tech LE LED speaker surrounds. Another solid design choice to keep this pin "in period". Eff the new guy is good!!!

Screenshot_20230105_223618_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230105_223618_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230105_223744_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230105_223744_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Aka echo chamber…

They will get the owners thread soon enough and ill visit and hope for the best, but wont be negative at all.

For now, we can critique respectfully

#3629 1 year ago

Thanks for that but that is not it.
Stern normally have a feature matrix. It has everything in the game. On their website for Gomez 007 pro, premium & LE. Nothing for the 60th except the brochure you posted

Havent you been following along? Thats the whole problem with this pin, Stern wants $20,000 dollars, and buyers have ZERO clue whats involved. Talk about not having a clue what you are buying, just plunk down the cash.

Short answer. No, there is no shot matrix, there is some grainy cell phone screen grabs before Stern demanded the video be taken down and the official trailer. As Deadpool would say, ,"There, you're all caught up".

#3634 1 year ago

Ha ha!.. Thanks for the rundown.
Yes I have been following but all the price complaining turns me off reading the thread. Sometimes there is good opinions with negativity but this thread is over the top. Worse than the WOZ thread years ago. I am surprised there is no coil counting going on!
We are keen to see what is in the game. Looks cool too. Value is in the eye of the owner with this type of game.

I hear ya and no doubt its going to be a fun pinball machine to play,(Not spending 2 bux for 1 game though

#3638 1 year ago

#3640 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

What total fucking rubbish. You mean like every OTHER LE game. I’ve seen more of this game than the last two Stern LE’s I bought and don’t forget the Ultraman/Halloween shitshow where I had to put down a grand to get a game and decided to toss it because the game sucked from the highest level ever. Go take your fake bullshit somewhere else. There is nothing different about Stern’s approach here you lays your moneys you takes your choices. Honestly.

I didnt say it was any different than any game. He asked for a shot matrix, i replied there is none.

Are you aware of one. If not, whos full of refuse!

#3642 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

What total fucking rubbish. You mean like every OTHER LE game. I’ve seen more of this game than the last two Stern LE’s I bought and don’t forget the Ultraman/Halloween shitshow where I had to put down a grand to get a game and decided to toss it because the game sucked from the highest level ever. Go take your fake bullshit somewhere else. There is nothing different about Stern’s approach here you lays your moneys you takes your choices. Honestly.

Lol you paid $20000 grand for this and think its better than Halloween? You were a Halloween flipper plain and simple. Stick to fan layouts, they suit you.

#3669 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I played the 60th Bond Edition today at CES... fun game. Ball flow is great. Topper with lighting is slick. I particularly liked the ball flow through the upper left corner. Definitely felt Elwin-ish with how the ball can come down the left side and hook back out to the flipper.
These are going to be well loved in people's collections.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any movie assets?

#3671 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Yeah I mean let’s not ensure the facts get in the way of a good pinside moan.
There is a difference between defending Stern and pointing out made up bullshit!

What facts do you have besides what we all have?

Share them!!! What movie assets are included? How many Bond movies are actually covered? Can you tell me and what the feature matrix looks like?

Offer up facts please, then much of the speculating will die down, thats kinda how it works.

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I mean, if Halloween was $1 and bond 60th was $1,000,000, Bond 60th would still be the better game. Value is an entirely different discussion.
Keith Elwin has made 4 all-time great pins in a row. No reason to think this game won’t be too far off from that. Honestly, even if it’s Stern’s worst game of the modern era, it’s still better than Halloween.
Halloween / Ultraman was designed & coded by amateurs, and it feels that way every time I play it. The entire left side of playfield is just mind boggling - 3 swiveling mikes that you can clearly see, ugly exposed wires, and 3 awful scoops. And don’t get me started on the absolute worst dmd art since moving images came to pinball. I had tiger handheld games in the 80s with better animations.

Username generally checks out. Sorry you couldnt flip Halloween, or grasp it, at all.

#3746 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

. I am hoping we hear more today on the features and what's on the screen.
We know Gomez Bond had issues getting approvals. Maybe this game is in Limbo on movie clips? Who knows? But Stern not answering is upsetting to me personally. I am sure it doesn't bother everyone.

I doubt its a licensing issue, all 4 packages were probably submitted at the same time for various approvals, so why would the 3 regular have video at this point, but not the 4th.

#3809 1 year ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

I'll take that as a sarcastic comment.
How much profit is too much? What are distributors buying these pins for?

Then take the opposite approach. He is a distro, so actually, never enough!

Which i dont have a problem with, thats between buyer and seller.

#3881 1 year ago

I like the art too and my pinball buddy also commented that he liked it. So I think there are plenty of people who like the game. Just a few people who like to come on here like a broken record and hammer their hate into the game. Looking forward to the owners thread so we can actually discuss the game.

Do you have anything to discuss at this point? You act like people are shitting on things we know. Its quite opposite, we are shitting on what we dont know. Which is almost everything physical and price.

Thank Stern.

#3885 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Man, that is brutal but true. I had UMCE #10 and sold it before opening it (after playing it at an arcade). Spooky really needs to hire a full-time A-list designer. In an earlier post, I suggested hiring Elwin if Stern doesn't treat him well Scott Danesi and the software team (led by Eric Priepke) did an incredible job on Rick and Morty.

You both effed up lol. Expect a fully coded game at delivery? Quit talking shit about a game you have no real time on, it sullies your other opinions. What a joke man.. #10 never unboxed and played at and arcade. How early code was that. Laughable and noted.

#3970 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Could stick a spinner in the back of the inline drops with an exit. Make you fight for the right to spinner rip

We know what it is. They arent looking for advice, clearly

Quoted from Jaytech10:

I got to play this machine today for some time. Then I had to help pack up to get shipped back to stern. It shoots well and has a lot more going on than what I expected.

Cool any video assets you cant post?

#3971 1 year ago

#3975 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sullies my other opinions? Are you for real? The layout/flow sucked (along with the pathetic upper PF's) and that doesn't change! Definitely didn't f-up...picked up GNRLE which was a lot more fun. Yes, the code improved, but it still doesn't measure up to other titles...sorry if you still own the dud. Street prices for Halloween and UM tell the story (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-halloween-collectors-edition-77#post-7177431). In fact, my timely decision to get out early saved me thousands of dollars! At least you have a MET in your collection to balance it out.
If you want a Spooky smash hit, grab a R&M while you can! Not only a great player, but you won't lose your shirt down the road.

Yea, Im for real. Like, do you even undertand pinball code nowadays, and how it takes time to develop.

Or no? You expect code to be 1.0 at delivery. How quaint.

#3989 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:Alas. Thanks for confirming!
I was looking forward to the other way, but you never know how a game feels until you flip it.

So the ball just stops and dumps down lol. Yep, tha shot GG promised, but know one(deep down) wanted.

#3995 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cars really are like pinball machines

Except cars are practical and needed. Pinball machines arent. Doesn't matter, just saying.

#3999 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

this is probably the same technology perfected for pachislo machines in Japan in the 1990s. They are very fast, reliable, rugged, and able to easily stop on any desired reel entry.

So riggable?

#4005 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

They definitely got the looks right...its gorgeous ... but be careful... 1st year car adopters are often in for teething problems.

Its just a beefed up Ranger with a body and flares. Also, 95% are destined to be mall crawlers on 33's and single bypass fox shocks. Buy with confidence.. They will make a billion of them.

#4088 1 year ago

Classic, they have assets for all movies represented! Not movie assets mind you, just the movie titles on the head.

Thats hilarious!

#4097 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

A lot of people can't afford a $20k toy. It's just a fact, there's always going to be a bit of a classist element to these conversations.
You gotta read the room, overly flexing—or telling people to stop whining so you can enjoy your purchase—isn't going to go over well.
But I think what's mostly going on here isn't jealousy honestly. People wanted this package to be awesome. They wanted something to lust after, even if it wasn't really affordable or practical.
When a new exotic comes out most people don't root for it to be ugly even though they won't buy it, they want something beautiful to dream about. Teenagers want to put posters on their walls. When I was a kid it was the Testarossa everyone had tacked up in their room.
My personal read is that the negative energy mostly comes from this package being kind of half-assed and not very attractive. There's no art on the front of the cabinet and the sides of the head are just a bunch of text. The backglass is a whatever collage of movie assets that don't match in style. The 'exclusive' topper being sold as being compatible with the other versions of the game is whatever, but it's another sign the package isn't all that.
There's an LCD screen and it feels somewhat pointless, it just shows some basic text for what to shoot at in a simple ruleset. Any owner will stop looking at it after a week, they won't need it.
It's just not that special feeling, even if the playfield is hopefully fun to play. I really and truly think people would be much less negative if this was amazing looking, drool worthy, and sold out in minutes. The price is too much, but it's very much "too much for what this is".

While i was never in on a SLE, i was really excited to see it come together, I love the Bond theme and this is just such a let down. GG pro is fast and fun too!

Also, which of these pins look higher end if they sat side by side.

Screenshot_20230104_204049_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_204049_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230105_223744_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230105_223744_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4111 1 year ago

#4131 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Last I checked....zero resale on food Ive eaten...

Have you looked into that, you might be surprised!!!

#4133 1 year ago

Like Aurich said, nobody is really bashing the layout, its just everything else Keith had no control that is wrong with this pin is the issue.

#4136 1 year ago

Yea, most likely once the initial shock dies off, and people actually see the pin(If we are blessed with rich friends ha) attitudes will change. Ultimately its the play that counts(Duh!) and I dont think there is any doubt its going to be a fast and fun pin.

Looking forward to some unboxings!!

#4171 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the hype threads are shitshows. full of morons who have no intention of buying the game but want to say a million reasons why not. or you have the other half who are trying to gaslight you with their version of history. The club threads is where to go - they are awesome with friendly pinball owners and former owners working together for the good of the hobby. Notable epic club theads: Batman 66, stranger things, Godzilla, Elvira, 007 - all awesome. There are some cooks that occasionally appear but you'll figure that out and add them to ignore.

Yet here you are insulting people, when most of us are insulting the machine and some even insulted BY the machine.

Real classy dude. Why dont you leave this thread and wait for the owners thread. NOT.REAL.HARD

#4298 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:You can’t think owners threads will be better? You’ve been in pinball forever and a day amigo. Just will be more of the same.

People that go to actual owners threads and talk shit are the worst.

Hype threads are for all, owner threads are for owners.

#4301 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:Enjoying the posts and a bit of bourbon and cognac. Come at me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lol, sure.

Insta-ban..Someones been drinking and lightening up.

Good move!

#4389 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You and Snaroff got it wrong man. I understand if you don’t care for it, but saying the game sucks makes you appear to be neophytes. Whatevs.

Yea, Snaroff played it in an arcade, and had #10 boxed. He and whats his face played super early code and are actually clueless when it comes to this. Their thoughts on the current status are irrelevant.

#4397 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Thanks mate, noted. Over on the UK pinballinfo forum swear words get starred out, for example over there Neil is often called a **** or a ******* ****.

God Bless America. We are heading to AI censorship too.

Cause adults get triggered by typed words lol.

Playes Bond Pro again today. I feel this is the real winner of the bunch, but lets see what the Prem and LE bring.

#4408 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I wish they would! it would make the place a lot more boring than the funeral parlour it is with the most exciting post of the year being my only post for months!
Oh and on your other point, a fucking blind man with his cane can see what's happened to prices. Do you live in a cave or something?
Lumber prices...
[quoted image]
oh and 36.

Lol way to validate your argument with a 3 year old graph. Kinda like you and Halloween. You are just
pointing to old graphs and your own old experience to validate your invalid opinions. Clownshow for real.

#4409 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guy tells pinsider that UK forums censor curse words.
Pinsider responds “god bless America.”

As in, we dont. Duh.

#4456 1 year ago

Sometimes I think some of y'all have never spent any time in other countries but here's a pro tip, we don't have a monopoly on freedom. In any case yes, there are forums stateside like tech forums that will sensor swear words, it's typically a setting that can be set in the forum software server side.

I know how it works and Ive been to other countries.

Thus God Bless America!

#4459 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I had a chance to meet the new CEO this past weekend and had a great 30 min chat with him. I’m going to leave the conversation private… but will say: he’s a super nice guy and not some robotic, greedy suit. You’re off base with your assumptions.

Super nice is one thing, reporting to shareholders is another.

#4496 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:The key difference between Supreme (or even primus which was very expensive for what it was) is that those were commissioned weren't they? Whereas Bond is just licensed by Stern? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Yes. Supreme, Heavy Metal, Primus pins should not even be in this discussion.

#4523 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s really just the same three posts written 223 times each.
1. Game looks cool. I know it’s a crazy price but YOLO!
2. Game looks stupid or fun and price is stupid but you do you
3. This is the biggest slap in the face / middle finger to our “community” in history and fuck Disney and here’s why also look at this stern home
Pin or something else I stole from a podcast

Come on Levi, you left out #6, the apologists, where Stern does no wrong. Of course, that would implicate yourself!

BTW I am covered by #2. Looks good, price is stupid! Hope to play one!

Edited cause #4 and #5 were already taken by the peanut gallery.

#4525 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's literally zero of your #4s here. If I'm wrong, please point them out.
Im firmly in the #2 camp along with you.

Sounds fishy, but welcome aboard!!

Also BOAT = Bust Out Another Thousand.

#4608 1 year ago

I know I am new here. But I find it strange that a few people seem to be negative on almost everything and pound out the voices of those who want to talk about a game. To the point that it becomes negative people pounding the same negative stuff into each other. I have a few questions about that. 1) Do you think that somehow it will sway the manufacturer because they see this stuff and think “oh my” and 2) Do any of you play pinball? I spent about 5 hours today playing my games and another 3 or so receiving and setting up my James Bond Premium.

Seems you are back for the drama

No.

Its a hype thread, not a safe space in regards to your purchase.

The safe space is coming soon and non owners should only lurk.

#4610 1 year ago

I know I am new here. But I find it strange that a few people seem to be negative on almost everything and pound out the voices of those who want to talk about a game. To the point that it becomes negative people pounding the same negative stuff into each other. I have a few questions about that. 1) Do you think that somehow it will sway the manufacturer because they see this stuff and think “oh my” and 2) Do any of you play pinball? I spent about 5 hours today playing my games and another 3 or so receiving and setting up my James Bond Premium.

Cool, Nice you pound into us plebes you can not only play pins but set them up all day long

Wheres the unbox vid? Why not interject some goodness here, even if its $7000 less than the SLE.

#4626 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

1. We all know you're not actually new, you can stop saying it over and over.
2. You don't seem to actually want to talk about the game, just whine about the whiners.
There was a whole part of this thread where a few of us were posting playfield images and trying to figure out shots and flows, you know how many people participated? A bare handful. You know how many of the constantly bitching and complaining about not talking about the game people piped up? A fat zero.

Seriously, all these posts and we still dont know. There were a few short days where shots were discussed, reels were unveiled and a short vid. Also. No art blades!

I mean this thread is dying down in real anticipation for owners to recieve, unbox and play the things.

Until then, its all percieved hype, hate or ill put a buck in it.

#4641 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I wonder how many people bought the game assuming that Keith would be coding it. Turns out he only did the playfield layout.
To me that’s not really the full GOAT experience like with his other games.

Stern figures if the current GOAT signs it, that will lend the legitimacy to justify this price. Also, the CEO signature is now something that comes with the new Stern pb experience and gotta be worth at least $5,000 alone. Yay.

#4643 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do have to ask since this is being touted as a feature....does anyone care that much about achievements? I know that the younger generations do in video games, but I've just never once cared...

No, rich Bond collectors who have never really been into pinball, but who Stern thinks are going to eat these up, will not give a flying eff about IC.

#4670 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

No Keith is not the programmer and did not do the rules, but at least he thinks the rules are "pretty good"
[quoted image]

Thats better than decent, I suppose.

#4672 1 year ago

Sorry this is pretty funny.

Look at all the blank spaces.. Is that the answer we have been looking for, regarding assets.

Screenshot_20230110_084301_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230110_084301_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4716 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I admitted before that it blows that 1)This wasn’t a 12.5 k pin @1000 units or 2) I don’t make enough $ to afford it at 17k but I’m very happy to hear one will be landing at Wizard World in Ft Wayne IN ,which is our go to spot to spend a day playing endless rows of pins .So I’m at peace finally and really looking forward to playing it .This all being said , I know there’s a shit ton of Team Elwin fans out there (including myself) .I think subconsciously people are upset there will be nearly 2 years in between obtainable titles from them but on the other hand ,how many of us have beat any of they’re pins we have ? The closest I got (between the 2 I have owned ) was reaching IMDN beast battles twice recently without finishing it .Even after I eventually do ,there’s RTTH’s to get to so let’s all just do the obvious ……play our pins and be happy we have the options we have in this hobby !! Cheers to all those bringing this bad boy home .

I wanted to bring this up. Everyone buying 2 or 3 pins a year, do you really play, or do you collect. Nothing wrong with collecting of course, but surely not much time can be put on 30 or 40 or more pins bought in the last 10 years.

#4764 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

[quoted image]

We can, i just suck at pinball so i know personally it would be more of a collection hah.

#4784 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I collect the ones I like to play.

Yea that phrasing came out wrong, didnt mean to be like "hate the rich, more like, where would ya find the time

#4788 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I work (very little anymore) from home, so I play as much as I want (or not). I worked hard for many years and am fortunate to now be reaping the benefits. I certainly wasn’t inferring any offense from you, but I am sure I generate plenty of hate anyhow. Haha…

Well you certainly have some sweet pins!

#4880 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:This Sky Mall darling is not costing Stern anything but positive press on Pinside. They probably rolled the additional BOM for this into GG’s Bond, paid a little for some design and code, and slapped this puppy together. Now we dump it on the market at an outrageous price and reap that little nugget of gold off of 500 suckers who are willing to buy it. If they don’t sell all 500, no big loss, they just don’t build them. Best investment of Elwin’s name for short term profit. Good business if you can sell them, and they probably will at their cost. With enough wiggle room between distributor cost and $20k, they will sell all 500 to distributors eventually, and distributors will get clever and start enticing you to buy both versions, “I’ll even knock 3 grand off that in a package deal of a premium GG bond and Bond 60th for $30k”

Why are they suckers? I would guess many of the people buying this pin are probably pretty good with $$$ and wieghed the plus and minus. I dont understand the need to KEEP calling buyers names or inferring they are stupid making this purchase. I think, way over priced, who doesnt, but the rules do look really cool and if I had the extra funds, id be a sucker too.

Remember $20,000 is a decent amount to me, to others, they lose x2 that in a day in the market, and they still can afford to be suckers.

#4910 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

And some of us are older and fat, clock is ticking closer to death, is it better to have cash in the bank or some toy to enjoy.

If $20,000 is the difference between life ans death by all means, dont be a pinball machine.

On the other hand, if you are close to death, splurge!

#4911 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You're basically saying that they know they're suckers and don't care. All the power to them.
I know I'm a sucker when I buy overpriced shit all the time. So what? Why does anyone care when someone identifies that their making a stupid financial decision for their own pleasure?
Hey, JB60 buyers: you're a bunch of stupid, suckers! I hope you enjoy your idiotic purchase, just like I enjoy my overpriced hobby collectables.

Quite the opposite, i have a feeling most of them are not suckers, and know what they are getting and ok with it.

Anyway, back to a different topic, besides suckers, that is unrelated to this pin.

#4915 1 year ago
Quoted from number_runner:

I won one of these machines, and I'm pretty fucking stocked!

Badass man!!!

Best deal in the pinball world!!

#5098 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, that is the normal look of a collector who is subsiding his pinball habit by keeping them in his bar and writing it off from the books. Was looking into doing the same thing until cancer struck. This is not the “normal” look of on site pinball, but it is starting to gain traction, pins sell beer and food just like live music and wet tshirt contests, so why not buy every machine that comes out and put it on play? Seems smart if it makes money, and hey you can even afford a JB60SLE too!

Im no longer sure what you are even talking about? Yea its expensive, but not only do you hate the rich, operators are in your sights now? I HOPE i have put enough quarters into some local spots to have a 60 show up. Fuck, 1 place here has almost all Prem LE, for a buck. I go there once a week.

My buddy has side hustled this shit in a small town for years and is now reaping the benefits. Let it go man...

#5100 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

From the video. It's not for everyone. It's a unicorn.
Do unicorns have photo shopped movie posters on their sides? Lol.
This thread has turned to gold, or platinum.

Remember, Diamonds are Forever...

DAF-2 (resized).jpgDAF-2 (resized).jpg
#5101 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

When did I say that? I’m fucking rich. And no, operators are my friends and buddies. I want a room full of LE’s too. But nobody can say this is the norm of pinball everywhere, that ain’t true at all. There are bright spots in every big city, but even here, I drive a least 40 minutes in Phoenix depending on traffic to get to a barcade or arcade with a lineup like that. Save your outrage for someone else or take it to PM.

Who is saying its the norm? Maybe it was $terns and JJP$ attempt at the new norm, we shall see.

Just saying, you just keep going on and on, and even created a whole new thread lol..

#5189 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

There is an episode of Black Mirror called “White Christmas” where people’s punishment for things is being effectively blocked out of anyone’s view/hearing and cannot interact with anyone… that was so disturbing to me I just can’t bring myself to do it.
I am sure some have done so for me though.
Wait…
Hello? Hello?! Aww… crap.

Yea cant imagine being so bent out of shape you put people on ignore? How do you rebut them and make them look foolish that way?

Also people that worry about down and up votes lol.

#5232 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

So Kaneda's price prediction for James Bond 60th Anniversary Edition $LE in one year is $12,000.
Stern If you are reading this and If my BDSLE 60th drops in price that much.... I will not buy any more sterns for a long time. Stern will lose customers over this pin if it goes south!

How far South are you prepared to go?

#5248 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Will be interesting to see how the 60th HUO price fairs in the future. If the BOM would have even remotely matched the outrageous price, no question, it would hold or even gain in value. When a company is asking that kind of MSRP, it better be worth it in most people’s mind or it will surely go south in price down the road. The 60th is a throwback game, so there is not enough there to hold pinball players attention over the long hall, unless into the simplicity of besting your last score. Someone posted this a while back in another thread and its now fitting here…
[quoted image]

Umm, you are seriously about 100 pages too late on this. Try to keep up.

#5255 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Lol, fixed it for you. This game is directed at anyone that will pay their asking price. Although we see that’s in big question too, since there is widespread discounting going on just to try and get rid of them. Most any brand’s reputation/image in the market place is of utmost importance. They guard their image like a hawk and pay PR firms big dollars to do so. It appears Stern doesn’t seem to care what happens to their’s. Is the big profit off of a measly 500 games worth that to Stern?

BTW, it was your meme that got the snarky remark. You didnt think you were first did you?

#5256 1 year ago

If Stern puts out a good $7k future game I suspect pinballers will flock to buy it. Forum anger is kinda like boycotts, mostly a bunch of saber rattling, projecting, venting. I guess I refuse to believe that someone will not buy a game they like at a price they can afford just because Stern put out some games they can't afford.

Unreality, meet reality. Stern aint dipping into the 7g market until the next Danger hom3pin.

#5285 1 year ago
Quoted from flerp:

I'll likely never play this game, much less even lay eyes on one, in person!
I'm only here for "woke" "downvote" "price police" drama!
Carry on.

Has it delivered? What would be a high light?

#5296 1 year ago

Sooo, with all this single level talk, I went back and played The Beatles, which I initially crapped on. I told myself its not Met, or GZ etc, its single level. Once I got that in straight in my mind had a much better experience and really did enjoy it! I really hope the chance to play the Bond SLE comes around, maybe Zapcon...

With that said, what are some classic single level pin titles I should look into? Dont have TNA and up $$$

#5313 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Not this year, we have been told… zapcon in Mesa Az is not happening in 2023.

What! No way!!!

#5355 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I love the rubes that drop in late, aren't current, and proceed to try to shame others. Always good for a laugh

After 108 pages, people still think they have something funny or insightful to add.
Last week called. Any jokes about pricing, the layout, assets or lack thereof have been thoroughly dissected and discussed. Some were even funny, around page 10 most likely.

#5407 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:Correct, my distributor said I was going to be invoiced soon and my game would be shipping. However, it's now Wednesday and I still have no additional news nor have I received an invoice yet. Should be soon though! They are likely on the line as we speak

I thought you werent going to be giving us any super special insights. Glad you have joined the community!

#5410 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I keep hearing everyone opine on how the "licensor" is dictating everything and now we are blaming a lame design on them as well. NONE of us, including most employees at Stern, have a clue about what the licensor is dictating. Unless you sat in on the negotiations you have no idea of what is involved.

True,

but It seems some people have actually dealt with licensors on this forum so when they give a nugget of truth it's believable and I could I see some licenses being way more exclusive and harder to implement and others. I'm sure the bond license is very well taken care of and protected...

#5466 1 year ago

With 4 spinners, im thinking they are going to be a sight to see!!

Please someone in AZ, if you get one, can I come check it out!! Im not a weirdo, other than pinball!

#5470 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

That's not how it works. Pinball is all inclusive, we are all weirdos.

True, so im "normal" here haha. Wierd out there!

Just talked to the owner of a local hotspot that is hosting the AZ Pinball Championahips and asked if they are getting a Bond SLE. They were planning on it, but said $20,000 one dollar at a time is just too much. They have other Prems and LE, so thats kinda a bummer. They do have a Bond Prem so thats cool!!

#5476 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Maybe the designer can get Slash to call Sir Paul and see if he will let them use his song?

Maybe Stern can call Slash and get some advice on hat sculptures. That oddjob spinny hat on a disc is so sad compared to Slashs sculpt!

#5481 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Oddjobs and Slash are both known for their hats but that is pretty much where the similarity ends. Slash is a performer so his hat is bigger and fancier. Oddjobs has a hat that is supposed to look ordinary until it is thrown as a secret weapon. In both games the hat is appropriate to the theme. In GNR the hat is a static sculpt that doesn't interact with the ball or the spinning disk below it. In Bond the hat spins and it fits with the theme as Oddjobs throws his hat and it spins as it goes through the air. I have a GNR but still feel like the Oddjobs hat is pretty original and cool.

It is odd the readout on the pf screen says Oddjob disk. It should say hat and yea, my comparison was lame, but i still think the hat could look better. Anyway!!

#5568 1 year ago

If i was buying this, if be like, haters go eff yourself

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

No regret. Really hyped for it- I’ll like it on theme alone. My first Elwin - just hoping it’s on standard with his others.

How can it be? I am sure its going to be badass to play, but if you are thinking its a better game than IMDN or GZ? Just hope your expectations are met!

#5605 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

From what I remember listening to George Gomez on some podcasts , I thought he said they got the Bond licence and then they asked can you make us an old school single level game , featuring all the Bonds with score reels .
IF that was the case , I don't get why they would want a game featuring all the Bond's to be an old school version but have a LCD screen .
It would make total sense if the Connery games had score reels and single level , to fit with that era .
I think the are blades on the le look out of place but George said he liked those sketches , so that's why he chose them .
I find it hard to imagine someone in the licensing department of JB to know enough about pinball to insist they put in old school reels and make it a single level Playfield game , especially on a game featuring all the modern Bonds .
It wouldn't surprise me if it came out these were all Stern's decisions .
Just thinking out loud and of course I don't know and I'm probably totally wrong

Thats my take. Who at "Bond" dictated scoring wheels and a single level. Nobody.

Stern did.

Cant wait to see it, any BS aside it does look/sound fun!

#5608 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have posted far too much in here, but oh well. This is what I am ‘hoping’ is the end-result of it all:
Even though I ridiculously overpaid for this, I will have a quirky/WTF pin in my collection that when people come over to play my games they feel like they are having a unique but really enjoyable experience that they remember and want to play again. My suspicion based on the designer and look of the playfield is this will be the case… but who knows.

I think it will be a winner and a big break from the usual. Going and playing Beatles has really got me pumped to hopefully play Bond SLE

#5628 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

You continue to self promote yourself with virtual crap that you copy from others that pour their hard work and time into and belittle their hard work.
You’re a barnacle that craves attention but creates no value.
You can insult me by calling me a sucker because I purchased a game. So I feel comfortable calling you a bad person.

Definitely in the "jealous I cant afford one camp". Im not purchasing, but I aint jealous either.

#5630 1 year ago

I can spend 200 on a raffle ticket though, lets do this!!

#5634 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I heard the licensors insisted that code cost extra.

Thus might not be a stretch actually. Probably not Bond SLE, but yea its coming. Subscription based updates.

#5660 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Well, don't tell me that. I'm not a buyer and I'm holding out as best I can not to express myself here. (I'm waiting for sanctuary city to open)
And for the record, I'm ambivalent about those Club threads. On one hand, I welcome constructive criticism. Thats, *C-o-n-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-v-e*criticism, and I don't want to live in a bubble. But on the other hand, it's tiresome to have people explain the obvious over and over again with a potpourri of price opinion, misinformation and personal insults.
And it just occurred to me. My, shot in the dark, out of my ass guesstimate, is that Stern sold about 150 of this games. They certainly didn't sell out.
I wouldn't expect the Pinside flame burning for very long on that club thread.

After all this time, i cant believe people are still hurling insults. Like way? Jealousy must suck to repeat the same thing over and over, which has already been covered weeks ago. I cant wait for the unboxing and gameplay vids, in a positive way.

#5665 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Or misdirection away from themselves… e.g. being totally outraged at price gouging by Stern, but selling a Haggis Fathom for 16k… for “a friend”.

Price gouging... the minute anyone says those words in a toy forum, is clearly out od touch or jealous.

#5741 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Up Vote just for using this phrase correctly

Some could care less.

#5785 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I bought my last 3 guitars online without ever playing them. They are all awesome.
"Try and buy" is overrated. I've bought hundreds of pinball machines and the majority of them I'd never played a ball on them before taking them home.
Cars really should be more like pinball machines. All this test driving is wasting a lot of time and fossil fuels.

Good to know.

Ill test drive more to offset your fuelish fuel concerns! I do understand how some people view cars, especially is an area like yours, as an appliance to go from A to B. Some dont and comparing a device such as a guitar to a car is simply bonkers lol. A flute to car is more appropriate..

#5786 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I get fooled. Every. Single. Time.
I see 28 new posts in less than an hour. "Must be new pics or video!!," I say to myself.
This thread is like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown.
See you again in 45 minutes.

How many times have you looked at the reciept, dont forget those moments!

I kid, I kid..

#5795 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Just watched the game play promo on Stern and this game looks so fun for a average player like me. I was worried about the hat but see the hat is up towards the top. I was imagining it like in the middle of the playfield from the comments on here.
Do any other games have opto spinners? I wonder how long they spin look pretty BA on the PROMO "BUY ME" video.
I would like to try this opto spinner thing.

I recently replayed The Beatles, which is not really a theme I was into and didnt give it a chance, plus the price back then (GASP!) It has opto spinners, as others do, but this is single level.

Long story short, I think having all of the Bond opto spinners spinning at the same time and watching the reels roll will be pretty sweet. Rules sound fun and Im sure the middle screen has some A/V going on.If I had a spare $20,000, I'd buy it.

#5797 1 year ago

What I was thinking was the opposite of that, just having the ability to cull noise.

Culling the noise has the adverse affect of creating a personal echo chamber. Its life...

#5812 1 year ago

Did he say if we would see any game play at all?

Nope.
Thats what you call, All In...

#5818 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

As near as I can tell it is just as (if not MORE) bizarre that you’re constantly coming back to lick up your vomit.

Not a visual i needed this morning!

#5829 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Hurry up and buy this crap stain! In stock!
[quoted image]

Crap stain?

This pin has people really bent lol.

#5863 1 year ago

It was LOTS more than 20k. Point is I am tired of waiting and I just dumped a SHIT load of cash into a sweet sweet ride.
Spring is in the air![quoted image]

Troll, thats not a convertable. Your full of shit, still.

#5865 1 year ago
130501790_3381845678591057_2902312637194921777_n (resized).jpg130501790_3381845678591057_2902312637194921777_n (resized).jpg
#6027 1 year ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

What about the people that buy more than one?

What about them? What are your thoughts?

#6095 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Sweet....then I am really hoping Venom and Foo Fighters are the next two releases...

#FooFightersFixintoFlop

$10,000 LE by Christmas

#6096 1 year ago

Delete.

Is there a post delete function I am missing?

#6100 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not that I'm aware of. I just do what you did and post "Delete" or I just leave a period mark. (.)

Yea its odd a poster cant delete a post.

#6110 1 year ago

I thought they were waiting on the full set of assets, the movie titles, to be printed then applied to the head. Voila, full movie title assets!

#6153 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Apologies if this has been posted already (I have not been keeping up with this thread) below is a link to the most recent Slam Tilt podcast where they interview Mark Penacho, coder for Bond 60th. He gives a good amount of detail on gameplay, the most I've heard yet. No big revelations but still interesting for those who are interested to hear about gameplay.
If you want to jump to the Bond 60th discussion it starts around 1 hour and 38 minutes into the show....
https://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/2023/02/09/episode-200-glenns-song/

Anything about AV assets?

#6161 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For anyone curious about the Moby, James Bond theme like I was, here ya go.

Thats the song going in the SLE?

Good lord, is Stern on drugs or what? Someone is making some wierd decisions over there.

#6201 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Keith Elwin as a modern John Henry/John Connor
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank the heavens for Keith!

These are hilarious BTW.

#6227 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ok last one I promise
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Scary true!

#6241 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just wait til the reveal play. Ohhhh the hate! [quoted image]

Why would there be hate? Do you think confirmed buyers are going to bring the hate? Non-buyers such as myself dont matter, hate or like.

I personally hope its a kick ass experience regardless of price, cause i aint buying, but ill put $100 into one if i see it on location!

Its pinball, lighten up.

#6242 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think we can safely retire " 10k by Chritmas"...

Not if its Foo Fighters LE.

#6367 1 year ago

I havent played JBSLE,

Quoted from Bublehead:

I promise everyone who buys one of these I will not post in the buyers thread. That's too much like salt in the wound at that point.

Lol, how gracious of you. Seems you are super dedicated to trashing this pin, glad you rose above your base instincts.

#6505 1 year ago

If i were rich, Id buy it wth.

#6602 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have to believe if the stream did nothing else it vindicated a lot of peoples comments on just what this pin is. If others don’t see it that way, that is their opinion, but I need no other proof, especially the length of time it took to put this stream out. They were not ready then, and the results are less than sub par now. I heard the micro excuses and felt the vibe.

?
You act like some hero. We already knew what the pin was like lol. Calm down.

#6620 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:Sorry my friend, but production is slated for 500, not 250.
Congratulations on your new game. If you're happy, then I'm happy.

Most likely talking about the rest going overseas

#6635 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Doesn't matter still a production of 500.

It matters if that means you have half the chance of actually seeing one in the united states then fifty percent means something. Put it this way. I've only seen one other Metallica le in this country and that was my buddies.

#6654 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern claimed early that JB60 would reflect all Bonds and movies, now we learn they only meant shitty movie posters that look like a botched photoshop job. That’s not what anybody wants!

I thought we already knew that. I mean, i did. They never once said there were visual assets, so why people thought there would be is on them for assuming.

#6661 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Boy when you tell them the baby is ugly, the instantaneous affrontery is comical. That they believe I’m weird for being the constant vocal critic just lets me know I’m being effective. That a few of us (that like to stir the pot just to get and see the reaction) are doing it for fun (but unfortunately not profit) seems to be beyond the intelligence of some. That they feel they have some earth shattering super power to verbally crush my resolve and quit is leg slapping hilarious.

To be effective, you have to effect something. What did your constant bitching "affect" that Stern listened and made some effective change to satisfy you?

Your level of self importance is off the charts lol.

#6679 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

That you believe I think I am important or any of this is important is where you are mistaken. Burn the house down, I won’t care. I’m here to waste time before I die, not much else. Oh and discuss and berate shitty Stern cash grabs to keep it topical.

I dont think you are, but you seem to think you are.

Stern doesnt care.

Buyers dont care.

Why do you care?

#6680 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So, six months or later from now, is it fair to those who buy this game on the secondary market, believing 250 were made?
Stern said 500 and you guys are guessing/justifying less.
Fly, Pinside rumor, fly

If a buyer isnt aware of how many were produced, even though its been advertised, how is that my fault. I think its fair to state 250 are available inbthe US, with the rest outside. Is that not a true statement?

#6688 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Thats creative writing. A more accurate truth would be, 500 games worldwide.

All I know is MetLE was announced at 250 in the states, 250 overseas.

Personally, I think its a sales dud and they were trying to create FOMO by saying a majority were going overseas.

#6692 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Pinball machines are sold internationally back and forth, are they not? So what's the point of splitting the total number?

Ask Stern. Seems thats what they announced back then. In fact this press release specifially designates US and International allocations.

MELROSE PARK, IL – April 18, 2013 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world’s leading maker of real pinball games and the AAMA 2012 Manufacturer of the Year, announces the availability of a second Premium model Metallica pinball machine. The initial release of Metallica pinball captured the attention of gamers and fans alike. Stern sold out of both the US and International allocations of its 500 Limited Edition (“LE”) games within an hour of each respective customer announcement.

#6695 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's a sale technique (manipulation) to promote FOMO and perceived rarity.

I would tend to agree, and I feel theyvwere doing to same last night, but that was a post METLE announcement, yet they still mention US and International. No need to create FOMO on something sold out.

Anyway! Back to Bond

#6698 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

"sold out within hours" doesn't even make sense when you realize Stern sells direct to distributors, not end customers. At least back when they were doing Metallica. Idk how the distro business worked then, but it seems like you get the LE alotment based on ordering so many of the lower tier model.

Yea the blog went on to distinguish between Tier 1 sold out -> Distros, and Teir 2 sold out -> customers. Still happened and a faster pace than normal.

#6708 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please read Trybo69's comment directly about your post. They're creating FOMO to the end customers, and not sold out.

Im over it. The press release distinguishes between US and International. Not my doing. Met LE did sell out to Distros and Customers rather quickly.

My point is, we may never actually see one in the wild, regardless if 1 stays in the states and 499 go overseas, or vice versa.

#6812 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I'm probably to blame for the LCD in the playfield idea, I added the same feature to my Bond 50th pinball game a decade ago.
But the mistake Stern have made is to add an LCD screen to a game mimicking a retro 80s-style game - it's completely out of place. You don't need screen prompts to tell you what to do on a simple-shooting game. You'll get a hang of the game rules in no time. And then what? A screen that barks orders at you, that you already know.
Only fancy animations can save it now.

You are cookoo lol.

#6813 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

But... why? There are plenty of games better on this site right now for 3k. Are you buying those currently, as I'm typing up this post? Or are you sucumbing to the fomo phenomenon that people often get on here?

No, Id buy for $3,000 and sell for $6,000

#6935 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Uh huh. More fools here than I originally feared.

How do you do it? How do you keep this hate-train rolling for so long, so consistently and so non-informative? You know, like a broken record. And insulting members to boot, you must be buds with the mods...

Anyway, show us on the doll where Bond SLE touched you.

1 week later
#7002 1 year ago

Im not even sure why owners would post in the hype thread to be honest.

#7086 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's $20,000.
And yes, compared to what Pulp offers for $8,000, it's pretty embarrassing.

What have you done with CrazyLevi?

#7153 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I’d bet most of the people here wouldn’t call themselves rich. Except Ice, he totally says it all the time. But the rest of us just think we're middle class. But at this point anyone who owns new games is technically rich.

Many of those people are delusional

3 months later
#7172 9 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Finally had a chance to play one on my trip to LA Acyee Gogi. I was diaponted with bond 60th. I was expecting to like it, and was surprised I didn't. For point of reference, I really enjoy Beatles. I also like the regular bond machine

Interesting.

#7182 9 months ago

That's fair, in my case it's really just about putting some quarters in, playing a few games and seeing how it grabs me but in this case it just didn't and I walked away. I thought maybe it's because it's more like simpler 80s pins and perhaps there's just not enough there for me, but then again I enjoy playing Sorcerer, Firepower, Swords Of Fury, etc and even modern simpler games like TNA so it's not that. I guess it just didn't stand out in any particular way, like the speed wasn't off the charts, the flow wasn't anything new, the layout didn't break new ground, it didn't shoot amazingly well, etc. It was fine but ultimately it was one of the last games in the room that I wanted to replay. I also think it's because I was inevitably comparing it to it's brother Bond Pro which to me beats it in all aspects. I also inevitably mentally compared it to all the last games I've played and there have been some great ones released the past few years which certainly didn't help it's case.
In other words, in a sea of great pins the past few years to me it just gets left behind. Bear in mind that I also like Galactic Tank Force, Halloween and Asteroid Annie so make of my opinion what you will.

I think I got hooked on it(I dont own, on location) due to the fact that I could imagine all those spinners going off at one time, before the game was ever released. Within the first few games I did indeed get all 4 spinners going, and well as Oddjobs hat, just spinning those scoring reels, it was even more glorious than expected lol. Flailing away to be sure! So yea I had a really good experience the first session I played(matched x1 as well) and play it every chance I get. Wont be on location forever though. Electric Bat Arcade, Tempe Az

1 week later
#7195 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Yes dude, you really need to use the sarcasm emoji since you specifically said "no sarcasm."

Yea, i thought it was a strong comment from him, but he did say no sarcasm, so i was like OK, this guys hates the pin and is pretty sour towards Elwin to boot.

#7196 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Yes dude, you really need to use the sarcasm emoji since you specifically said "no sarcasm."

Rereading, it seems hes responding to someone or some people who have never actually played.

Anyway, this pin is effing fun and if I can figure out a way to own one, I will.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.