007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

The front looks bad all black with only the 60th 007 logo. Looks unfinished hmmm..

Looks like a premium.

https://www.007.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Pinball-11.jpg

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

One has to wonder if there will be lube!

You got the lube when you bought Godzilla!

#315 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

All good points. Too bad that Stern decided to turn on us home buyers, all in the name of a few scalpers. Stern has become the scalpers. I get inflation, but this greedy cash grab has zero to do with inflation. If it was inflation, then why did the Pro only suffer a 1.45% increase over Rush Pro, but Premium went up 7.78% msrp over Rush premium. Then add insult to injury to us the faithful long buyers of LEs, a super spit in the face price increases of 17.12% greedy grab directed solely to us home buyers. Stern has gone down in many people’s eyes on this ill thought out scheme to punish the LE buyer most of all, just because they think they can and are able to get away with it.
If it was really inflation then why didn’t the price increases equally reflect that across all models??? It is because Stern knows their Commerical arcade buyers would tell them to take a hike and refuse to buy another pin from them. Stern has taken the HUO market for granted and obviously doesn’t give a flying flip how we feel.
Just like this meme someone made earlier….
[quoted image]

So.. Are you in for a BondLE or 60th?

1 week later
#642 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So bizarre thought....you suppose they will reveal this game at Expo?

Hope so... we are keen to see it.

1 month later
#1085 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

So, took a couple weeks off. Did I miss anything - Am I too late on this pin or what?.

You have not missed anything..

#1087 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

No leaked images yet? Pics are done. I guess no hackers in pinball. Gotta be on a computer somewhere.

The images on this thread were from the James Bond internet page.

#1108 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Any truth to the rumor that Stern is requiring full payment from distros prior to the reveal?

We have heard nothing like that. Maybe full payment before shipping?

#1131 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Le money was sent in full weeks ago. Due up front for some reason.

Cashflow. Upfront payments before games are being made will make Sterns books look very good.

#1133 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You can't recognize revenue before it's invoiced... even if the money is in hand.

I believe it has been invoiced. Stern wanted full payment for LEs before they would start building them. They are a smart company so I am sure they invoiced immediately upon receipt from Distros. I am not sure about the people who were lucky enough to buy online direct.

#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You can't invoice and recognize revenue for product you haven't shipped/completed. You recognize revenue 'when its earned, not received'. These are basic GAAP principals. It keeps companies from artificially inflating numbers by counting 'future' transactions now... like say.. in the last month of a reporting period, to inflate their numbers with promises.. or shifting deals forward/backward to massage the numbers.
CGC is a private entity, but they should still be following GAAP rules in their accounting.
Having product owed is a liability...

I am pretty sure CGC take their money when the game is ready to ship. We are talking about Stern taking full payment for LEs before they are made.

1 week later
#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He said very soon...you'll see it Mid-December. Gomez said it would also be "expensive" so forget the fantasies of $15-20k. This is easily in the $20k-$35k range.
Here's the clip with saying it Mid Dec reveal and some other stuff about the 60th:

Expensive.. Will be interesting to see how many games Stern sell.

#1170 1 year ago

"Game is going to be expensive" Thanks for telling us that George. Great way to kill demand.

Let's see how many Stern sell.

There are ways to soften demand. Produce more items or raise the price. There is one way to kill demand, raise the price past what the market will tolerate.

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wish it was more like The Beatles. Make 1,500 or whatever at a typical premium price. Then maybe 60 limited editions and 7 super limited editions.

If Stern want to keep pinball alive, they need to remember to make every machine accessible to as many people as possible. As you say, this game needs to have multiple editions so there is something for everybody. Limited to 500 games is a wasted of Keith Elwins talent in my opinion. This move does nothing to expand the hobby.

#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That or it just gives the impression this is all an after thought game to keep designers/teams busy. Which maybe it is?
Like for $8k Beatles Gold is a good time. Not a lot of software, but a tough layout that makes good use of what's there. (And bonus, they later added the option to play OG Seawitch rules which disables the magnets and spinners and such - so it's two games in one)
But the idea of paying 25k for that sort of game? Yeah no

I do not think this is an afterthought but more a well thought out way to use the license money to make more profit by going for the top end of the market. US$25K converts to $38K Aussie dollars. We are out at that price.

Gomez could be stirring the pot too. In this thread there has been plenty of signaling from genuine buyers of how much they are prepared to pay. Stern need to listen, otherwise sales for this game will be terrible.

#1185 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep....just not encouraged that the LE is already $14k, and Gomez states " this game will be expensive". Imho, $14k is already expensive, so good grief.
Got a good feeling the 60 is going to be a great game and alot of fun. Bad feeling is they'll have a $25k tag on it.
Can I buy one? Yep. Will I ? Not at $25k.
Will Stern care? Doubtful....

There are plenty of buyers in the same boat as you. Game will be awesome but what is the point if not many people buy the game?

#1202 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Not many people can pay over 20k for a pin.

I think there are plenty of people that can pay 20K for a pin. I think the real question here is if they want to or not.

#1224 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A great game is a great game. We just don't know ( and won't for awhile) if this is one of them.
These will sell of course...fact. For how much....NIB, then "HUO" ( about 3 times) remains to be seen.....all based on statement above.
The world will keep spinning regardless....just a toy....time for Bourbon.....

It is always bourbon time! We need to make sure we are not drinking bourbon when this 60th is released.. no good pinball decisions are nade when drunk. Buy, buy buy!

16700341845454734290141477702339 (resized).jpg16700341845454734290141477702339 (resized).jpg
#1228 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Life is too short. Bourbon and beer over pins. We have plenty of them

We have plenty of pins but never enough bourbon!

#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I contacted the distributor that I purchased my last two NIB games from and said I was all-in at $18K (or less).
At that price level the distributor declined to even put me on his "interested" list for Bond 60th.

Make sure to offer less when your distro rings you, asking if you still want it later on.

I keep hearing about all these cashed up new pinball people that are hungry to buy LEs and "expensive" models. Let them go first. Lets see how many of them have their wallet where there mouth is.

#1271 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Man stern should’ve launched 60th before Spooky imo. Under 10k for a loaded wide body… or this for prob triple the price.

I do not think Spooky sales will affect Bond60th. If we were into Spooky games, we would buy both if we really wanted them.

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

New Rule: every Bond post has to contain some type of comparison to Spooky's Scooby Doo machine.

Start coil counting when the games come out!

#1279 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

After that, let's argue about how Stern should show gameplay at the reveal of this Bond. Then begrudgingly agree Stern doesn't have to because the people who buy this sort of game don't give a fuck
Then after we all see the playfield, we can circle back to the eternal debate about how expensive the unobtanium plastic for ramps costs Stern.

If this game is priced over $18K there are going to be plenty of (Dr) No responses.

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Always one of my favorites...

That is the funniest thing ever on Pinside..

#1286 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Spooky had good timing on HWN/UM right between Mando and GZ. I don’t believe they would have sold out like they did if they launched it right after GZ.

I am not so sure about that. There was plenty of demand with not enough games at the time.

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Yeah it’s crazy how different the environment was just a little over a year ago.

Yes, I agree. I think it will get a lot worse yet in pinball. People still have not got their games that they ordered over a year ago. I would love to be in Sterns board room as they are discussing future sales. History has a habbit of repeating itself.

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Hang in there.
I feel like an Elwin masterpiece is near

How near?.. Day or month?

1 week later
#1397 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

He’s only getting one but wants to appear like there is going to be a bidding war

Let him/her choke on it. He/she is not a good distro if this shit is going on for repeat customers .I do not believe this gane is going to really sell out unless it is under $17K.
At least our distro in Australia is reasonable with pricing

#1398 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed....
Gonna have to be one hell of a game to interest me at this point....

Agree.. game will have ro be a craker for us to even think about one.

#1408 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

Why release something in the last week before Xmas?

Because people spend lots of money around Christmas time.. if Stern release this week and we have been drinking bourbon.. instant buy.. Early next year, more than likely pass.

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Like your logic....guessing reveal this Tuesday ( surprise)

Ha ha. I am not so sure but I certainly hope you are right. We have some nice bourbon!

16714201714242694359410868719922 (resized).jpg16714201714242694359410868719922 (resized).jpg
#1412 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This one is " next up".....gonna break the seal this Friday regardless, lol....
Here's to ( hopefully) complaining about price and other stuff this week!!!...
[quoted image]

Very nice. Enjoy!

1 week later
#1478 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Hmmm... This is looking more accurate.... only now its 9-12 days away CES / show reveal.... Also I was told and I'm quoting a very major STERN distributor they were told and this is a huge spread 30k-40k is what they are expecting the SLE 60th 007 to be priced at.

You had better buy 2 at that price!

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I've seen no evidence they will be 40. Or 30. Or necessarily 20-plus.
I get it, all we can do is speculate, but what information suggests the game will be priced at nearly this range?

No information. People are making shit up. No one has any idea what the game will cost.

#1616 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Seems to be common logic, however all speculation ( still). The only definite is it IS going to be pricey...
Not buying the " distro pad" that seemed common logic w EV40 though.....think its just going to be an expensive game......we shall finally know this Tuesday

The more I think about this game the less I want it. We are drinking Wild Turkey today so that may change as the afternoon goes on!

Expensive game.. makes me think of Supreme..

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have to wait until tomorrow evening to indulge, but agree completely w your take...

I do not want a game that is just "exclusive" or "expensive". I want a game that is killer first and then we have the best model which is exclusive or expensive. Elwin can only do so much with one level.. I am still excited to see it.

We were with our friends a couple of days ago and they overheard my wife and I talking about spending AUD $30K on a pinball machine. Straight away. You can buy a Ducati fpr that. You can buy an in ground swimming pool, you can buy a brand new mid sized car. You can have a nice holiday in the USA. The list was endless. Made me think how lucky we are.

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

All those examples though are pretty much worthless after some period of time (the pool might depend, in the US it doesn’t often add value to a home but it could depending on the market). On the flip side the pinball machine probably gets less total use than anything except the vacation

The game could be worthless too if Stern only make 500 and then you cannot get parts to repair it..

#1629 1 year ago

As long as we are all healthy, happy and having a good time!

#1652 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So I'm hearing a lot of contradiction on this title.
First - price is unset dealers are setting it. Then Stern are setting it, latest I heard is that like Batman SLE all sales are going to be managed directly through Stern?!
I'm sure there must be a good reason but it seems like this is harder than it should be.

I do not think any distro knows what is going on. Stern have decided to keep the info to themselves. In Aus our distro is on holidays until the 9th Jan. That is a good thing for us, gives us a few days to decide. I am leaning towards no at the moment. I do not want a game just because it is expensive. I want the game to be killer first.

#1654 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

If you want a better price, buy more devices.
Applies to almost everything.

Does not apply to pinball machines. The more you buy, the more expensive they become!

#1669 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

Just out of curiosity, who feels comfortable at $25k for this game currently?

Not me. I think your distro may be a little worried about how many games he/she can sell and is trying to lock sales in. Stern have said nothing to their distros. That is a lot of coin for a game and you are gambling on Elwin if you commit now.

#1738 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The main problems I have with this image are:
1 No reals in the back-box.
2 Stern does not make forward placed toppers with square backing.
3 Elwin himself asked, “what makes you think the image is real?” Casting big time doubt on it.
4 Its just plain ugly with almost no forethought from an artistic view, even 60s art view.
5 For rumored $25k or there about, it has to be much better than this? (My Thunderball LE blows this mockup away in every category imo.)
[quoted image]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha..

I will be putting this post up when the game is revealed in the next few days.

FYI. The picture of the game came from an official Bond site...

#1741 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There’s heaps of Elvira’s out there - 40th or not.

Elvira is a great game... this what makes the collectible versions worth more money..

#1746 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bingo....timing was good ( or bad) on the 40th...depends how you look at it. Love mine and play it consistently GREAT GAME

This is why I feel Stern should make multiple versions of the 60th . Give every pinhed on the planet an oportunity to play one.. This is what is needed to make the game highly desirable.

#1747 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Agreed. But only marginally more collectible since you can still get the same game relatively easily in a couple of other versions.
I was replying to the guy who thought the value of his 40th might go up simply because of the (rumoured) price of Bond 60th. Bond 60th won’t be available in any other version - just the 500 SLE’s or whatever they call it. Hard to find a connection between his Elvira 40th and Bond Sle.

I agree mate.. I think Stern making 500 60th Bond is not the right decision. Primus and Supreme come to mind straight away. Big Juicy melons is another one.

#1752 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Seems really strange especially with Elwin and such a huge Licence. Woah Nellie, Primus etc I can understand- niche themes and niche game design. But Elwin on Bond with all Bond movies! Here’s hoping it eventually comes in other flavours.

I do not get it.. Elwin + Bond = $$$. Stern could make thousands of these things.. We would buy the exclusive version straight away.. No bourbon needed to help make a pinball buying decision.

Happy New Year!

#1756 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Stern will reuse the layout on another game. KME is an instant sell to a lot of people at this point, so why not just retheme his first single level game.

I do not think Stern are thinking that far ahead... They are too busy with all their corporate changes.

#1769 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Exactly - can't believe that folks don't think this is the final game, ok maybe a few minor things will move around like with B66 but 100% there is no way that Eon etc are sticking a made up picture on their website of something they had intended to sell!
£25k and I'm out.

Did you see that some will be available on Stern Website for Insiders?
This will put a MSRP on the game, making it a bit harder for some distros to ask for crazy money.

#1790 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Forgive the blatant plug, but as we all wait for the SLE announcement tomorrow, we're also getting very close to the end of my charity fundraiser for the Cancer Research Institute (my Bond LE is slated for delivery Wednesday)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-for-good-charity-auction-for-james-bond-007-le#post-7192160
In 2022 we as a community were able to raise ~$28k for cancer research with a similar charity fundraiser for my Rush LE. Obviously the market (and economy) has changed in the past year, but I'm still hopeful we can do some good with my Bond LE.
If you or someone you know is interested in picking up a Bond LE (would look great next to those SLE and supporting a very worthy cause, please check out above link. We're at $1350 so far, and I will be matching any bid above purchase with my own donation to CRI as well.
Best wishes for the New Year, and good luck to all the SLE hunters tomorrow!

How much are you prepared to pay?

I agree with you on most points and I believe Stern already know their sales will come off. This is why Gomez pretty much told people what to expect from Stern in 2023, so people can decide where to spend their money.

#2380 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The only surprise for me is it isn’t $29,999. I’m kind of disappointed it wasn’t so we could see some real outrage.
Also a little surprised it looks uglier than the digital mock-ups. The mechanical score reel with a plastic surround in place of the lcd is laughable.
But as expected it looks like pure Elwin fun squeezed on a single level. Lots of kinetic satisfaction.

Are you thinking about getting one? We are on the fence. I am not too sure that many of these will come to Aus. Converts to around AUD$33,250. That is a lot of coin for a game.

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

On the fence also pinballaddicted .

Thanks.

Tough call but we are addicted!

Happy New Year to you and your family.

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The brochure says the new CEO is also signing the 60th games?

That is one of the things turning me off.

#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m a Bond addict too!
The LE will suffice and is looking great

I would have hoped for a James Bond Actor(s) signature.

We are still on the fence about buying the 60th. In Australia, this will be more than likely our one and only opportunity at getting one. I refuse to pay resellers (scalpers) tax. It is bad in Aus.. 25% or higher normally.

Happy New Year!

#2413 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just getting out of the hospital (work) from a nice 11 hours ..........
Funny the consensus narrative could have been posted well before launch ( although we are more in the nitpicky phase)
All these games are too damn expensive
All these games seem to stabilze at some sort of price well within what it was bought for....YEARS down the line...most for more
Even the few exceptions rarely sell for half what it was bought for, unless the game itself is shitty....
Many people buy these things to simply enjoy them.....the more I look at this thing, the more I like it ( and the pf screen doesn't even have game info on it yet). Looks like a great shooter, and even the entire package is pretty cool....love the proprietary mirrored backglass, topper, armor and yes, even the "art".
Just my opinion, my $$$, so yes...I'm excited to play/ own this game...... 1 upvote...minority posting here ( I'm probably in the 1%, lol)

That is us. We buy the games to enjoy them.

I am thinking about the money which means it is also a financial decision for us. Normally I do not think about the coin. We can sell games to fund the purchase as well.

Congrats on the game!

#2416 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Congratulations to all of the original buyers of Elvira House of Horrors, 40th Anniversary. At $25K, your record high purchase price remains intact.
It's like the 1972 Miami Dolphins every year waiting for the last undefeated team to lose.

I hope you ended up getting one from a new distro!

#2418 1 year ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

This game is priced to make you feel better about a 10K premium. Did it work?

no. Game is priced to make Stern money.

#2438 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I can't have this and GnR.
Peeps will think I love top hats

Get Rid of your Gunners! Oddball was first!

#2608 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Despite the how this thing looks, I bet it is hugely fun to play.

I agree . Game looks awesome..

#2623 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Haggis Fathom feels like a steal right now…………

No it definitely does not. You cannot give me that game.

#2629 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Don’t worry, I don’t think anybody is going to give you anything.

Agree totally. I never worry. Put your money where your mouth is. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

#2635 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The main problems I have with this image are:
1 No reals in the back-box.
2 Stern does not make forward placed toppers with square backing.
3 Elwin himself asked, “what makes you think the image is real?” Casting big time doubt on it.
4 Its just plain ugly with almost no forethought from an artistic view, even 60s art view.
5 For rumored $25k or there about, it has to be much better than this? (My Thunderball LE blows this mockup away in every category imo.)
[quoted image]

Ha ha ha ha! This is the funniest post on Pinside for 2023.

Happy New Year Tbird!

#2637 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well that was when we were all speculating and Elwin was in turn trying to make us believe the leak was not real. Few of us wanted to believe it was official. The “reals” looked like they were part of a screen where it normally sits, with a far different topper than Stern usually makes. The art work is still ugly. Happy New Year to you too! (Bond LE still blows it away!)

We did try to explain it to you that the photo was real.

All in good pinball fun! Both games are awesome. Congrats to all the owners.

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

$5K VS $20K. STERN - "F OUR CUSTOMERS!!!"
[quoted image]

Just buy which one you can afford.

Moaning will change nothing for you or any of the people around you.

#2944 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I know 3 distros who are sending allocations back to Stern. Assume that's true,

I am assuming that is not true. Game has only been available for a day, and I am sure distros and distros customers are still on holidays. Returning allocations lowers the distros allocation next time. There is already flipping going on so why would a distro give their allocation back?

I am not convinced the game is truely sold out. We will find out for sure over the next few weeks.

#2950 1 year ago

Congrats! I am happy for you.

#2961 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I probably should have re-worded that. It is 100% factual that 3 distros told me they're sending a majority of their allocations back to Stern. I believe them, but that's kind of irrelevant. Maybe you're right and it's just a matter of taking some time, but Friday is the deadline where distros have to commit to their allocation figures on this.
If it becomes common that distros are going down on their allocations for this game, I have a hard time seeing Stern punishing them for not being able to move a one-off like this, but obvs I have no clue how Stern handles stuff like that. If anyone is having a hard time finding one, I'd be happy to direct you to distros with plenty left to sell.

We are in Australia so our distro is still on holidays and will not be returning until Monday 9th Jan. How does he get back to Stern by Friday?

Awesome that you can direct people to the distros who have games to sell.

#2962 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Lotta salt in this topic, lol.

Sugar and Spice here!

#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

"know" may be the wrong word. "hope" is probably more suitable.

It is not like any of the other Sterns we have bought over the last 15 years have gone up in value. That is not hope, that is fact!

#2996 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For me it's 100% the price now. I look at the layout and have monetary amnesia thinking what a freakin' fun game it looks - how cool would it be in my collection. Then remember it's AUD$30-35K. Now that we know it's not a stunning high end collectible and "all the assets" means movie posters and Insider Connected badges, it just comes down to a fun layout and good theme. Fun layouts and good themes are great, but for AUD$30-35k I can literally buy 5 fun layouts with equally good themes.

I have just done a pinball profit and loss proposal for us in Australia.

If we sold Original Luci, TWDLE, and GBLE we would get all our money back and have more than enough money to buy a Bond60. If we fell a bit short, we can throw IMDNLE in there and have a return better than if we left the money in the bank.

#2999 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Sure - let's play this game! Going back to 15 years ago, here are the Stern games of that era: Wheel of Fortune, Spider-man, CSI, Batman, Family Guy.
I'm not sure which of those is the most valuable - but $5k could probably buy any one of them.
In order for a game to go up in value - it has to be really good. Tron, TSPP, LOTR and a few others are older games that have gone way up in value, but for every one of those, there are 5-10 titles that have barely kept up with inflation.

Not for us in Aussie.

If we sold Original Luci, TWDLE, and GBLE we would get all our money back and have more than enough money to buy a Bond60. If we fell a bit short, we can throw IMDNLE in there and have a return better than if we left the money in the bank.

#3002 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Many of the people this caters to will either be selling off their collection or in the ground in 15 years. The pinball run isn't infinite.

Exactly.. the game is targeted at a few collectors. We are making the most of the hobby while it is still around. I have nightmares about what happened in early 2000s. De Ja Vu.

#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sell any 2 of those and you'll have change leftover after buying Bond SLE.

ha ha! I love it.. How hard have we all worked to have all these first world problems!

#3017 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Unfortunately I can't think of any other reason why they would ask them to remove the video.

So, you are not smart enough to think maybe there could be a license issue? or an issue in the video where there is incorrect data? The list goes on and on.

#3032 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Ah yes the insult dogs are out. Not gonna dignify you with a reply but will instead wish you a great day and hope you find more important things to get angry about

I am always happy. Thick skinned too. I did not realize I offended you. Sorry you feel that way. Bit sensitive today? This is after all a buch of people not using their real names on the internet. Not really anything to get worried or upset about I would think. Name calling does nothing. After all you yourself said that you are not smart enough, not me

#3125 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambo:

As always, I look at the dire straits pinball was in a decade or so ago: Stern barely hanging in there and JJP struggling to get its first machine to market. Other makers were nothing but dreamers in their grandmother’s basements
The fact that any pinball manufacturer can demand such an outlandish price in 2023 - and most likely receive it - is a source of eternal wonder and gratitude to me.
As it should be to all of us; this is a new golden age for pinball and we are all spoiled for choice. Even if very few of us can afford the latest machine to market.

Well said mate!

Are you in for one?

#3128 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Ha, too pricey for me! But I’d love to play it. I hope and pray that at least one makes it to Australia

I think there may be a few more than one coming to Australia. Hopefully they are not left in the box and people play and share them with their family and friends.. We definitely will be if we get one.
One may even make it onsite somewhere!

#3130 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I like the sound of this. Keep me informed!!

Ha ha! AMD are not open until Monday.

#3132 1 year ago
Quoted from KadeP:

$31999 is my AMD guess.

I am hoping $29,990. Could be as high as $34,000. Lots of coin for a game but we just love the hobby.
We will find out soon.

Are you keen for one?

#3134 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Stern have a process they follow in launching a game and they like to control the flow of information on it. The video will be back once they've done whatever they do at CES.

Cheers mate. I was just doing my best to stop all the BS floating around.. Did not work, i just got called names!

#3136 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah its hilarious - I've a friend doing a PhD on social interaction and I sent him a link to this thread - his response to the thread was, "it could keep me funded for decades"

Ha ha ha..I tell my friends I am on Pinside and they do not believe me. All in good fun.

#3140 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve loved the hobby for over 30 years.
The day I pay $20,000 USD for any pinball machine - however great it is - will be a frosty day in hell.
The Fonz is on the water skis - and the shark has been jumped.
rd

You live in NZ. You get plenty of frosty days in hell! (I am joking)

#3341 1 year ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

Anyone feel $2 a game or $5 for 3 games is unreasonable for this machine if you happen to come across one? I am an operator that will be putting one at my location.

It is an expensive machine. I think $2 per game or $5 for 3 games is very reasonable. Most pin heads will more than likely never get the opportunity to play one.

I think the machine will get plenty of plays. Good on you for putting one on site. Even all the people who are complaining about price will have a go.

#3343 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

wait, did someone think it wouldn't just be a thread of complaining about the price?

Sadly, Pinside has become about price on most new pinball threads.

#3346 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There's only one temporary fix to that. Start releasing them at reasonable prices. Then everyone will be complaining about space.

Ha ha!.. Yes people would love that but sadly I think those days are gone.

#3578 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's the owner's thread. It won't exist until the games ship.
Until then since you're new here maybe you don't know about this most excellent feature, which I use frequently to avoid threads that no longer bring me any pleasure:
[quoted image]

The "ignore" function is also good to use.

Usually when a person wants some attention and is moaning, it will be moaning, moaning and more moaning... so you can completely ignore the Pinsider. Makes Pinside a much nicer and more positive experience.

#3611 1 year ago

Does anyone know what " Upgraded sound system" means on Bond60th?

LE Speakers and Sub?
The spraker grill on the backbox looks like a premium.

Is there a feature matrix?

#3615 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I havent seen it posted on pinside, have you checked out Sternpinball.com? They should have all the latest info on the Bond SLE. Can you post here if you find it?

I have already been looking for it on Stern Website.. I thought it was on there yesterday but I cannot find it today.

#3623 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Was it this?[quoted image]

Thanks for that but that is not it.

Stern normally have a feature matrix. It has everything in the game. On their website for Gomez 007 pro, premium & LE. Nothing for the 60th except the brochure you posted

#3624 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

We’ve shifted from utilitarian to vanity in pinball.
Utilitarian = sells to operator who routes game for several 1000-10000s plays, earns $s and then sells game, making money in the process.
Vanity = it’s worth what it’s worth because someone told me that’s what it’s worth and someone else will give me close to that for it when I sell it after 100 plays.
At that point how a game looks and certainly how it plays is irrelevant
What this likely will do is kill off every other pinball manufacturer not named Stern (including JJP). Vanity collecting shifts to high status, known quantity. The other manufacturers can dance around Stern mountain for a while with the cheaper proposition but cheaper in a vanity market is a race to the bottom and bankruptcy. Exhibit A Ultraman. Dropped before even shipping in quantity. Exhibit B until very recently JJPs didn’t hold their value. Hobbit down by 30% after a year. Same with Dialed In.
Whether planned or not it’s actually a very good strategy on the part of Stern to keep their market share, possible raise prices even further, and turn their attention to a reliable niche customer base for their wares.

Stern are doing what they are meant to.. making pinball machines. The worldwide market is currently large enough to support plenty of manufacturers. One way to slow demand is to raise the price. Raise the price too far and demand will be killed for that company keeping the door open for all the other companies.
Lots of companies make expensive one off items every now and again. Stern is no different.

#3627 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

No feature matrix because it's only one edition, not comparing it to two other models like the regular Gomez Bond game. Probably has the same upgraded speakers that the LE uses with the three channel amplifier.

I thought it may have LE speakers behind the grille.

I was hoping for something better!

Does not look like anyone from Pinside went to CES and flipped the 60th.. I was hoping for a review as well.

#3631 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Havent you been following along? Thats the whole problem with this pin, Stern wants $20,000 dollars, and buyers have ZERO clue whats involved. Talk about not having a clue what you are buying, just plunk down the cash.
Short answer. No, there is no shot matrix, there is some grainy cell phone screen grabs before Stern demanded the video be taken down and the official trailer. As Deadpool would say, ,"There, you're all caught up".

Ha ha!.. Thanks for the rundown.

Yes I have been following but all the price complaining turns me off reading the thread. Sometimes there is good opinions with negativity but this thread is over the top. Worse than the WOZ thread years ago. I am surprised there is no coil counting going on!

We are keen to see what is in the game. Looks cool too. Value is in the eye of the owner with this type of game.

#3637 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I hear ya and no doubt its going to be a fun pinball machine to play,(Not spending 2 bux for 1 game though

If you lived near us I would invite you over ti have a hit!

#3653 1 year ago
Quoted from KadeP:

Apologies if its been covered. Soo many posts. But was there a ‘special’ price for the 007 of 1000 LE and the 007 of 500 60th?

I do not think there is a sprcial price, more of they will end up with loyal Stern customers.

#3654 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I played the 60th Bond Edition today at CES... fun game. Ball flow is great. Topper with lighting is slick. I particularly liked the ball flow through the upper left corner. Definitely felt Elwin-ish with how the ball can come down the left side and hook back out to the flipper.
These are going to be well loved in people's collections.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome.. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Real question.. Are you up for buying one?

#3935 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Geesh....just getting finished w workday....will contribute to the madness shortly..
[quoted image]

Serious pinball decisions being made this arvo!

16730598808523213003964760629662 (resized).jpg16730598808523213003964760629662 (resized).jpg
#3938 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Does that mean you might be pulling the trigger on Bond60?

If AMD does not forget us... nore than likley . . Yes!

#3941 1 year ago

Question... is Bond60th sold out in USA?

#3946 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Do you think they’re going to sell out and hold value too?

That does not matter to us. We buy the ganes to play them and share them with our family and friends. We then decide if we are going to keep them or not. If we do not want to keep a game, we sell it.

I am not sure if Bond 60th will hold its value in Aussie or not. I do not care as I am sure my wife will love the game. This sort of game is right in her sweet spot.

#3948 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

From the dealers I’m speaking with in the USA, no it’s not sold out. And it’s being discounted as low as $17,4k. What will it be for you?

What dealers?
Kaneda does not count.. That is a set up.

#3950 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

That’s BS. Name one distributor selling it for 17,400
All are 19,999 firm and a few have 1 or 2 spots left, many sold out

I have been looking online and csn only find 2 still for US$19900. The rest are POA.

That is why I asked the question.

#3961 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes!! on my second pour and feeling fine for a Friday (brutal week). Decision is if you can find one and afford one, get it ( strictly my opinion, so means zero to those laying out the $$$). Very excited to shoot this!!!

We are good thanks! As soon as we have secured our spot I will post!
Bourbon is flowing now!

#3965 1 year ago

We live in Australia.. Our distro is not back until Monday.

#3968 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’s good - still time for you to remember you can buy 3 or 4 restored 80s SS games for the same price.
rd

We have been in the hobby forever the same as you. Those games are not for us any more. We really like all the new stuff. Plus we are riding the wave while there is one to ride.

#4019 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re kidding us right? You’d give up all those great games for just one overpriced Bond60? What about your Bond LE?

People complain about the cost of new games , how Stern is ripping people off blah. Blah.. blah. Not one of you states how much money you have made by selling games for more than what you paid for them.

I was just pointing that out.

#4157 1 year ago

Just to clarify I’ve been in the hobby for 20 years. I am just new to pinside. I just like to play pinball and will likely just go back to doing that.

You do not need to justify yourself to any good people here. Learn to drain threads and ignore Pinsiders. There are plenty of goid people in owners threads, tech help threads. These hype threads can be quite toxic especially when discussions become about money.

#4158 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'm going to hack mine so it displays some of the epic outrage quotes from this ridiculous thread.

Ha ha ha. Best comnent on this thread so far!

#4170 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hobby is more than NIB and Stern.
Playing, fixing, and people in community are great.
Consider a break or avoiding what you find toxic.

Exactly this..

Well said and I agree with you.

#4182 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Sorry I'm really confused about this post
You don't make a lot of money yet you just bought $30,000 of pinball machines
Your a James Bond fan but you're not crazy about Bond or stern.
I don't think it's logically possible to explain to you why the price is such a big deal.

The guy has worked hard, saved his/her money and bought 2 pinball machines. Price is the last issue as he/she wants the games new.

#4187 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

yes, because he works hard, he doesn't care about the price of pinball!! LMAO

I did not say that.. I just said price was last in his/her considerations about buying the machine.

That is a polite answer.

#4224 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Finally...a voice of reason...think I'll join on straight pour...the tie that binds sanity in here!!
[quoted image]

Most excellent pinball buying decisions coming up!

#4243 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This thread, like all real forums is neither negative nor toxic. It’s full of good comments, helping us to see past the FOMO smoke and mirrors to the real lack of Bond assets in a game claiming all 25 films are being represented here. Sure they are, with $10 poster art from every film and all 6 JB characters placed on the backbox and PF. That’s it! Its like Elwin explained, a game solely designed for short ball times, point tallying, all the while “fighting ball gravity”.
No modern game story telling immersive movie clips, just a good looking and hopefully playing layout that could have been themed anything with a spinning hat. That’s the only thing on the PF that makes it Bond or at least a one off villain sidekick character Oddjob. What’s toxic and negative is the sucker punch thrown by Stern at all of us gullible enough to be fleeced by them for $20k big ones. Thanks to this thread, I’ve snapped out of the typical Stern FOMO trance and enjoying it all from the sidelines. Thanks guys for a very positive thread that makes a great deal of sense!
In the words of the guy who started this whole Bond craze…[quoted image]

So you are buying the game tomorrow?

#4245 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

This is what’s next along with some pinball. Enjoy your evening as well. Mine will be full of whiskey and pinball.
[quoted image]

Nice! For you its "Whisky fuelled pinball vuying decisions"!
Congrats on the LE!

#4246 1 year ago

All the negativity and controversy around this game on Pinside makes me want it more!

Last time I remember this much shit and negativity around a Stern was Elvira House of horrors. Look how that turned out!

#4261 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Enjoying the posts and a bit of bourbon and cognac. Come at me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Loving that bourbon. My wife and I drink it every time we visit the USA! One of my faves for sure.

#4267 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm a bigger drinker than most on here realize (sorry, I'm Irish).
I enjoy golf, but my real passion to play is disc golf. All the enjoyment and sport of golf with a fraction of the cost and wait times.
I will throw out an open invitation: if there are any pinsiders who disc golf ...feel free to message me to get together and play if you are ever in the Dallas-Fort worth area.

@ASAC.. This is exactly what I am referring to when I say genuine good peiple in this hobby and on Pinside.

#4281 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Right from seeing Bond launch fiasco with such little code in the game, at .53? Then learning from Stern that the hold up on code was getting all 6 film’s clip material approved by Eon, being the reason. I thought then, how in the world will they get all 26 films with music assets, going into the exclusive super high priced 60th happen??? Well we now know, it’s never going to happen. That is why Stern is staying ninja silent on such an important decision making subject via omission, flat out trying to deceive us. That’s why there is no actual game play videos. Few if any would buy this $20k monstrosity with almost zero Bond assets. Remember all the vitriol after seeing gameplay video that concluded there were zero movie assets in JP or AIQ? What makes Elvira so good is all the new material done for it by Elvira herself that immerses players into the theme of the game. Bond60 is devoid of any of that immersive theme game play. It’s simply nothing more than an old school throwback game with copy and paste poster art that could be used for any theme or game. $20k, no way.

Have you got a Elvira?

If you do not like where the code is at.. Do not buy the game. Moaning resolves nothing.

#4283 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hey now, I took 20k and spent it on hookers and hennessy.

That is why you have no money left to buy Bond 60th!

#4294 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Should have posted this here and not the other bond thread….
Topper Video!

Awesome. Thankyou for posting.
What did you think of the game?

#4309 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well he left the door open, I just walked through it. Unfortunately due to liver cancer, my drinking days are behind me, but as an older man, I used to love to tell people my wife bought me an 18 year old for my birthday. That raised eyebrows like you have never seen. My wife would then look them right in the eye and with an honest straight face and say, "and boy did he enjoy it!"

Hopefully everything has turned out ok Bubble.

#4519 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

don't think many of the 60th will be purchased in Australia at $31.5k + freight to your door
[quoted image]

Same was said for BondLE.

#4583 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

yeah for once there don't seem to be a lot of apologists,

There does seem to be a few moaners posting the same moan over, and over, and over, and over..

Hopefully we have hit the ceiling and the moaners will run out of fingers and give up.

#4584 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

We have hit critical mass on this thread. We desperately need some game play footage so we can knit pick real issues instead of contemplating Elon musk and Carol Shelby's place in the pinball hierarchy.

The moaners will all start picking on each other if Stern do not release some more info soon. That is how negativity works. Scooby Doo thread is no good, TNA 2.0 thread is probably the worst thread on Pinside.. ever for me. Common denominator is the same Pinsiders.

Most positive Pinsiders have stopped posting.

#4587 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The thread where people are getting their games and discussing how to fix problems with them is the worst thread ever for you? That's really weird.

No, the hype thread.. for pricing. I drained it so I cannot link for you.

#4593 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There's nobody complaining in the Scooby thread other than wanting to see gameplay.

I stopped visiting that thread after all the deleted posts by moderators. I will visit the owners thread once there is one. Filters out all the negativity for me.

#4597 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well it's full of people helping each other now.

That is great news. I will still wait for the owner's thread.

#4598 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm struggling with this metaphor.

The moaners type the same thing over and over and over and over.. Surely they have blisters on their fingers from typing so much shit. They need to change fingers to type the same things over and over and over so hopefully they run out of fingers and cannot type anymore, giving the good people a rest from all their moaning.

#4602 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Interestingly enough pinballaddicted has turned into a moaner as well, by his own definition.

Exactly why I am looking forward to the owners thread. No blisters on any of my fingers!

#4615 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

1. , just whine about the whiners.

My wife and I take great pleasure wine ing about whiners! We are lucky that in Australia there are some beautiful wines, both red and white. Sometimes we Champagne about whiners. It is all in good fun.

#4625 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

It’d be great if they got rights to the songs from the bond movies. My favorite being Skyfall.
Anyhow we will have a 60th here in the Chicago suburbs to beat up and run tournaments on!

That is awesome. When you have a flip, please come back and let us know what you think of the game.

#4629 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

It's just a domed decal. You can get much higher quality shooter rods from 3rd party companies.

Bit like a Ferrari sticker on a Ferrari. Costs $2 00

s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg

#4630 1 year ago

Duplicate.

#4795 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Kidding aside, did Stern release a feature matrix for all the Bond models?
Seems that would clear up any confusion.

There is pro, premium and LE Feature Matrix. No Bond60th Matrix, only promo flyer.

Congrats on your purchase! Looking forward to the owners club.

#4797 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Are you really even playing pinball if you’re not also watching chopped up moments from some of the Bond movies you like?

You must be an excellent player. I have no time to look at the monitor while the ball is in play. Putting the screen in the playfield is an awesome idea. I wish Pinball companies did it more often.

#4823 1 year ago

Thanks for posting.

Zach is a really cool dude. He took us for a tour of the Stern factory a few years ago. We had a great time.

#5023 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

How often does the pinside mob mis the mark?
I got pinsided out of getting this game and am leaning towards getting one again thinking maybe this could be a awesome game in my line up.

The Pinside mob is only a few negative Pinsiders posting over and over. I like all the moaning and complaining. For me, the most moaned and complained about games, have turned out to be my favorite games.

I too am getting older and do not have all my health. My view is to enjoy the hobby while I can. I am sure my wife will love this thing, so we just bought it. I suggest if the game fits, and you can afford it, why not buy it? Sure, it is a lot of coin, what price do you put on happiness? I guarantee you all the negative people in this thread are not happy.

#5050 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

IF stern decided to do a limited run of a game of 20 , for 40k, with a playfield that is about as exciting as phoenix. i'm sure stern would find 20 idiots that would try and get it.

I do not know 20 idiots with that type of cash to drop on a game.

I do know plenty of idiots with no cash calling other people with cash idiots.

#5090 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Depends on who set the price. The commission ones always seem to be higher priced and offer less and fewer numbers. My own angst was thinking Stern was trying to pull one over.

Price moaning thread started by Bubble..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jb60sle-price-discussion-thread#post-7344954

#5095 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Awesome. You should have lots to moan about over there!

I put the link up for you.

You have been moaning a lot about the cost of the machine....

#5105 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is the increasingly common poster collage art package just a way to get an easy sign off from the licensor, or is it just cheap/lazy design? Or both?

License requirements. As soon as I heard Bond pinball machines I knew that all the art would look like slot machines.

#5107 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If $$$$$$$$tern wants to keep their customer base, yes they owe us a product with value for the hard earned dollars we $pend with $$$$$$$$$$$tern or we will all go elsewhere. Their backlog of orders will vanish, like it does for any other overly greedy company that attempts to fleece their cu$tomer$ with very small BOM$ for huge dollars, $$$$$$$$$$$tern ask$ u$ to $pend with them.

Bubble created a new moaning, bitching and complaining thread about the cost of this game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jb60sle-price-discussion-thread

Piss and moan and complain and type the same shit over and over in that thread as much as you want.

#5109 1 year ago

Hopefully you have visited plenty of times and take your own advice.

#5148 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Am I the only one who stop reading any post that refers to Stern as $tern?
Like I immediately just stop reading it and ignore it and move on to the next post.
I can't be the only person right?

No, you are not the only one!

#5159 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Personally, I miss my $5600 ghost busters. I'm a stupid ass for selling it. I just insulted myself, and rightly so.

This is an example of exactly why I will never listen to the Pinside negativity. GB game came out with playfield issues, wide flipper gap, etc, etc. The Negative Pinside force was extremely strong. My wife fell in love with that game straight away. I wanted to get rid of it as the negative Pinside force was becoming stronger by the day. My wife said "no its staying" so I left the game there. BM66 came out and instantly nearly all of the negative Pinside force went straight to that thread.. Same pinsiders posting the same negative shit over and over. Lesson learnt right there. We had already sold 2 games that I absolutely loved because I listened to the negative Pinside force.

We still have our GBLE in mint condition. When friends and family come over to play our games, it is still one of the most played games in our collection. Sure we have had a few issues with it, but I am glad we kept it.

#5166 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If you are such a self-proclaimed independent thinker and have such distain for Pinside, why do you post incessantly in a thread that is clearly upsetting to you?

You better go back to your personal development pages. You make too many assumptions based on yourself (ego) so I normally avoid you. I love Pinside and most of the Pinsiders in it. This thread is not upsetting me in the slightest. I am sure that if we all got together at a show and shared a few ales we would all get on fine. I am here for hype both good and bad. Repetitive posting is about $ is achieving nothing. It is awesome that Bubble created a separatre thread for pricing only. You guys can all go for it in there!

I come from a very jaded background (very poor) so I have plenty of links to self help pages and books. If I was you I would start with Louise Hay books. I do not care how you feel about me, only you have control of that. if I have helped you put a smile on your face, I am good with that.

#5167 1 year ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

I don't know. Maybe he's hyped for this game and comes here to check in since that's the title. Thats why i check it.

You got it! I am pumped.. looking forward to the owners club so we can see more of the game, game play and unboxings!

#5168 1 year ago

/

#5169 1 year ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

While some Pinside negativity isn't constructive (negativity about Beatles for example: a brilliant game, both in build and fun factor, which plays 1000 times better than any Seawitch ever did, but slammed, often by people who never played one, simply because of price), negative comments about GB helped make GBLE one of the most sought after pins ever built. Without people pointing out the real playfield issues GB had, nothing may have been done to address the real problem. Negative comments about the flipper gap on GB however often came from people who didn't appreciate it was deliberately designed that way, and is very rewarding when you learn how to play better adjusting for the wider gap.
Negative comments are helpful, so long as they are constructive and balanced, and contribute to improving the resurgence of pinball globally.

I totally agree with you. That is why I am careful who I ignore on Pinside.

I would love a Beatles. If you want one in Australia now you are looking at $17 - $20K.

#5182 1 year ago
received_684189659864415 (resized).jpegreceived_684189659864415 (resized).jpeg
#5219 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

So Kaneda's price prediction for James Bond 60th Anniversary Edition $LE in one year is $12,000.
Stern If you are reading this and If my BDSLE 60th drops in price that much.... I will not buy any more sterns for a long time. Stern will lose customers over this pin if it goes south!

How many of Kanedas predictions have been true? Half of the time he is just playing around. While he was flipping pinball machines for profit he was pumping values. Now he has no skin in the game he is doing the opposite.
He is just saying what he thinks people want to hear and he even puts Pinside posts on his Facebook account.

#5245 1 year ago

Jus got word my Bond 60th ships out next week!

Awesome.. Congrats!

Owners club soon.

#5246 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Probably because I still have most of the one's I purchased, lol........

We keep the ones we like too. Main problem is in the last few years we have kept almost everything we have bought. Room is starting to become an issue.

#5282 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am stoked-one of our pinball club members is getting a 007 SLE-now I get to live vicariously through him and get to flip it in person to see how good it really is. Good thing about pinball is having friends with the machines you want to flip first before pulling any triggers. I am really excited to flip this game in person.

That is what pinball is all about. Sharing with your family and friends. Bond60th is a single level throw back game. The game is not for everyone and the price is not for everyone. I am sure that nearly every person that buys this game will share it with all their family and friends.

#5324 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Dude, enough frolf. If I want to disc-us frolf I’d go to frolfside. This is a $tern pinball cash grab thread.

Stern pinball cash grab thread is:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jb60sle-price-discussion-thread/page/2#post-7351950

Go for it in there as much as you want!

#5325 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Not confirmed and possibly getting The 60th SLE shipped next week. Anyone in Reno is welcome to check it out. Even you Sacramento guys are welcome.

Congrats! I am sure you guys will have fun with it.

#5348 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Good point. Hit me up down the road if you want ever want to trade if/when you get the SLE.

FB_IMG_1673599142602 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1673599142602 (resized).jpg
#5361 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And an ironic side note - just received a call from my Distro....expecting my game by end of this month!! Let the real Bond games ( and a new round of mass postings) begin.....

Great news!

#5411 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I keep hearing everyone opine on how the "licensor" is dictating everything and now we are blaming a lame design on them as well. NONE of us, including most employees at Stern, have a clue about what the licensor is dictating. Unless you sat in on the negotiations you have no idea of what is involved.

I partly agree with you. A few years ago, we were in Vegas loving life and having a great time. When Bond was announced as a pinball machine, I said to my wife "the pinball machines will look like the slot machines in Vegas. Bond is one of the biggest licenses on the planet so the owner of the license will want the pinball machines to look like the slots"

Look what we got. Pinball machines that look like the slot machines in Vegas. We love the look so I think the artwork on the Pinball machines is fantastic. Every time I see a game I think of Vegas! We were playing Bond slots being served by Pussycat Dolls. You only live once! We partied with the Pussycat Dolls afterwards.

#5413 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep. Been saying the same thing. Love the Bond slots and it’s no surprise the artwork on the pins match. I like it, a lot!

Ha ha.. Yes! My wife and I have had some fantastic times in Vegas.. One of the best was partying with the Pussycat Dolls after we met them playing Bond slots. As soon as she saw Bond Pinball, I knew we were in.

Have you given in a bought a Bond60th yet? I am hearing 400 have homes around the world.

#5415 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I never play slots ( I'm a card player)...in Vegas fairly regular...think I have to start!!...great story!

My wife and I have had some of the best times of our lives in Vegas. I will admit it helps having an Australian accent. We are not gamblers, the only reason we were even anywhere near the slots was to take photos (my wife loves all the Bonds) with the slot machines and the Pussycat Dolls. The Dolls noticed we were drinking straight 46 bourbon and it just went from there.

#5417 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Goodbye AIQ and Aerosmith , hello 007-60th!! Need the space also!!!

Woo Hoo! Congrats!

#5424 1 year ago
Quoted from Profgrif:

Got one coming to my collection! All my buddies and of course myself are super excited, if in the San Diego area hit me up and come give it a try!
I am in Alpine just east of Downtown!! I believe this game is going to be incredible, especially with the 4 opto spinners, those things will spin like crazy!

This is what pinball is all about! And . Bourbon for flipping skills.

#5441 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Well guys, I’m in!

Awesome!.. welcome to the club!

#5513 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s a $20k game based on every Bond movie. Some assets are to be expected. Voice clips for the Bonds, girls, and villains. Some quick clips of famous characters or scenes to punctuate a shot. Using the assets of a license isn’t ”watching a movie”…it’s always been a standard way to incorporate the license cleverly into gameplay. Without assets, this thing is going to feel like an unfinished homebrew.

I am not sure if I should value your opinion. You do not like GB and I happen to love the game. I have learnt that those who complain the most on Pinside are the ones I need to listen to the least. None of us really know what is in the game yet. I am sure you will be complaining no matter what is in the game anyway.

#5526 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Are they gonna ever stream this thing before it ships?

Unfortunately, does not look like it. Hopefully some ship soon and one of the new owners can post up some pics and gameplay.

#5532 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Fair enough. Lemme clarify - my own opinion is it looks like a cheap piece of tacky crap. I would assume my friends, whose opinions I do respect, are likely to feel similar. If I loved the aesthetic of dogs playing poker, I'd hang it up and they could think what they want.

Me and my friends, (whose opinion I do respect) do not agree with you at all. We all cannot wait to get together and have a flip.

Taste is subjective and I am sure when we are all together giving the game a go, none of us will be thinking about your opinion.

There is no crap pinball, only crap people.

#5541 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Narrator: He regretted it.

So you can predict the future too?

#5542 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jesus, I don’t even talk about GB anymore. This mofo holding a grudge for 6 years lol. Back at ya then, buddy. You don't value my opinion cuz I don't like Goatf***rs? Cool. If you love the literal worst design ever created, then I can't value your opinion on anything. Not just pinball, but anything. In life. I shall not solicit advice from you, sir!
What am I complaining about? Do you know what the word means? I'm assessing the a game based on the information and video presented so far and I'm discussing it. Why does it upset you that I'm discussing the contents of a $20k toy?
Dang, it's weird when I touch a nerve with a thinskin like this...I was talking to MK6PIN, and we're tight. Anyway, go play your "Who Brought The Dog: The Game" and cheer yourself up.

You do not upset me at all. I am very thick skinned. I cannot help how you feel. Complain away..

Maybe visit Kaneda? He may cheer you up. Looks like he has done a good job getting the price down on this game.. For people that can afford it. Get one while you can.

#5551 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ok, schtick over….but for real, what’s wrong with you?

I am just playing with you!

#5552 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I mean, Elwin rules…but you’ve seen his others, yeah? You think this is comparable to what those games offer? You could have a Godzilla and a JP Prem for the same price.

But we already have those games.

#5558 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

To get back on topic - are you in on the Bond 60th?
I Can’t wait to unbox it.

Ha ha! Love it!

We are keen to see some unboxing photos.

#5561 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry I missed this along the way.
There was mention the cabinet for this is non standard size ?
Has this been confirmed ? Is there any comparison photos anywhere ?
I would really like to get one but don't like odd sized cab in my line up.

I do not know for sure but I think the cabinets are the sane size but the legs are different. Similat to Beatles.

#5563 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

So the game is shorter, lower ?
I'm 6'4 so that would suck.
The pics on AMD website make it look standard size

I am not sure, I can only go off the pics fron CES. Hopefully they ship soon and we will know for sure. Lucky the game is not sold out in Aus so you have time to decide.

#5593 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Nope. I didn't read through all the posts, but skimming over them it looks like He-Man has started dating Barbie.

I think Barbie is keen on Bond!

#5595 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Instead of another Big Bang Bar
How about Barbie Bangs He-Man

I think Barbie should bang Bond.

#5638 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

5635 posts
why am i unable to stop checking this thread?

Because you are keen to see some unboxings and owners getting their games!

#5639 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Royal guard is a good game. I'd be willing to bet this is more fun or equally fun as 60th. And costs $900 compared to $20k

People that compare apples to oranges usually end up eating lemons. All bitter and sour pussies.

People that buy Bond60th turn lemons into lemonade.

#5658 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep....completely agree.
Club threads are certainly not immune for heated discussion ( nor should they be imho)...but the useless redundancies and personal crap tend to not live in there ( except with the usual suspects). Nothing like the sh*t show this thread has become....
Ship the games....

I have no issues with genuine constructive criticism. I want the games to ship too.

These type of threads have an upside. You can work out who to ignore or block to keep your pinside experience as good as possible. Saves you getting upset over someone elses issues.

#5677 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

No way this game is ever resold at a profit… which perhaps is the real source of outrage for these tools (though what do I know, so far I’ve only sold to friends and broken even).
To each their own. I can personally decide to do or not do business with people I don’t respect, and they can make their own choices and it really doesn’t get me too riled up and in general, I never say a word about other people‘s sales/pricing decisions. BUT… when the hypocrisy shows up - then I just want to follow them around making everyone aware of what a piece of trash they are. I’m a prick like that.

I think you are on the money with the flipping. We have never sold games to make money, only to buy the next game. Most of our games we sell go to friends, friends of friends or people that have bought from us before. I do not think we would ever sell Bond60th for a profit. Hell... I am sure the game will never leave our collection, my wife has never been so excited to get a game.

I do not give a shit about Johnny Nutscratcher that feels the need to come to Pinside and spew his jealousy and envy everywhere he can. When Johnny Nutscratcher keeps spewing his crap again and again.. ignore works for me.

#5697 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My last day of work is tomorrow do I buy tge Bond SLE or Scooby?
I have Halloween already, so one spooky in the line up.

My last day at work is in 3 weeks.

Buy the one you think you will like the most.

#5698 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Could be a retirement gift to himself

Exactly!

#5716 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess that most MOST people buying one aren't in it for the gameplay

I think most people buying this game are going to play the shit out of it and get all their friends over to play the shit out of too.

#5731 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i know i'm going to, but i seriously don't think that is the case. i think a lot of these will languish in some bigwig's office or foyer as a showpiece or objet d'art with 17 lifetime plays

I am not so sure about that, maybe a few but I do believe most people are going to play their games and share it with friends and family. Having said all that, I do know of two that will be staying in the box.

#5803 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Ready to move to the owners thread, hopefully by next weekend

Awesome!

#5808 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

GG on the Marcos stream said the 60th will ship at 1.0

Did he say if we would see any game play at all?

#5811 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

They asked about a dead flip stream and if it would be at shows but I don’t remember him answering the stream question.

Thanks! My wife is so keen to get this game..

#5838 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Are prices dropping on this yet? What's the lowest somebody has seen? Was told there was one for sale for $15,500.... but cant find the listing.

Unfortunately, there are lots of untrue rumors around this game created by people that have no interest in buying the game. They are only interested in stirring and taunting buyers of the game. If one was for sale at that price, I am sure a genuine buyer would have snapped it up straight away.

#5845 1 year ago

Dunno. Spring is around the corner! Shiney new Porsche convertible popped up on my dealers lot. I was like fuck yeah I am in.
Don’t like dipping into the cash flow too deep, so Bond is OUT

How are you going to get your money back for Bond60th?

What sort of Porche convertible can you get for $20K? Care to post up a pick?

#5849 1 year ago

It was LOTS more than 20k. Point is I am tired of waiting and I just dumped a SHIT load of cash into a sweet sweet ride.
Spring is in the air!

Enjoy the car!

#5883 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

60 Bond still available down under
This is a first for a SLE here.
NIB prices over stepped a reasonable mark.
A great deal of inventory will be laying around soon if the big players are not careful. [quoted image]

They are nearly all sold.
Same thing was said about BondLE in Aus and they are all sold.
The days of flipping for profit are over. That is why there are so many overpriced games for sale on gumtree.
Corporations are never going to listen to anyone on a forum. Stern cannot even meet demand for Godzilla. Until sales start going down, Stern will continue to be Stern.
We are headed for a recession. More war could be coming. Times are going to become very interesting.

#5940 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Any chance they would actually run less if dealers returned their inventory? As a buyer, I'd certainly prefer that!

I am hoping Stern make them all and they are available at Distros for the next year. This will give people that want the game a chance to think it over and buy one if they want. I cannot see flipping this game for profit, but I could be wrong. we are not in the hobby to make money.

I am not sure how it works but I think Distros can give some of their allocation back to Stern if they wish.

#5941 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please provide proof.
I'll contend that they're not nearly all sold, and that sales have stalled out. And my scuttlebutt is just as valid as yours.
11 days ago I was offered a Bond SLE from my archived, WTB ad that expired on January 6th.

We live in Australia. I am sure you guys in the USA definitely have more opportunity to buy games and good for you.

We only have one Distro.

#5945 1 year ago

That may be so, but there is no way the Australian distributor accepted all his initial allocation!

Are you sure about this?

If so, that is bad for any Ausie's sitting on the fence about buying one. I hope they available for sale for a while. I know of a few people that are undecided about the game and want to play one first.

#5983 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I love the mental gymnastics in this thread to justify the price of this street level game. Keep it up. A fool and their money....

The only people that say " A fool and their money.." are fools with no money.

#6000 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Never could understand why anybody cares what someone else does with their own $$$
Eggs are overpriced too

Quoted from skink91:

I swear on this site - its all at least half the people care about.

It is because they do not have any of their own money to care about.

#6005 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I don’t think thats it… because sometimes they do. I suspect its more about just being so miserable they can’t stomach the idea of someone else finding any joy for themselves.

Ha ha ha ha.. Yes, that is so true. Just be happy for yourself and others. Pretty easy really.

#6006 1 year ago

Quote of the day!

#6009 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Anybody know when these things are due to ship? Curious to see this game in action.

Around the last week of February is the estimate.

#6011 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Thanks man for the info. Busy month in Illinois....Stern SLE's making their debut and more Godzilla Premiums hitting the streets.

All good! Iam looking forward to seeing one soon.

#6022 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I think it's unlikely, but I would love it if both sides, (owners vs haters), could take an objective step back and give an honest critique as best they can.
My prediction: This thread will lapse into cycle 15 of price justification.

Hatred involves jealousy and envy so no way can haters ever give an objective opinion. Most owners will love it because they have a new toy, so that opinion may not be objective either. Time will tell either way.
I travel a bit for work and that involves going to peoples homes. When I stumble on pinball collections, none of them are on Pinside and have no interest in joining. I think Pinside opinions quite often miss the mark on how most people really feel about a game. I think the best way to rate a game for yourself, is to put a few hundred games on it youtself. Only you will know if you like it or not.

#6056 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Heard these are delayed due to not having the decals yet for those interested

Thanks for the update, appreciate it.

#6058 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gonna be interesting. They will have to walk something back. Price and/or quantity

I work for a large corporatiion. Stern is the same. While sales are up, Stern will do nothing to easy price. Stern will have to take a massive hit to sales before they consider changing price. It may take a few titles to flop due to price before they do anything. Now is the time Stern are most vumnerable to decent competition.

#6069 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I would imagine that after this Bond SLE that the Stern management will probably task Elwin to do Jaws....seems like a no-brainer.

I think there are plenty of people hanging out for the next Elwin.. No matter what the title.

#6090 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Maybe 2023 is the year? It seems like dropping to only 2 cornerstone releases per year will keep that demand up as people are hungry for new games.

Exactly. Reducing supply should increase demand. I still think Stern are going to struggle selling 1000LEs each release this year. There are a lot of long term buyers that are not going to pay $13K for a LE. There are already rumors that the next Stern LE will be going up in price.

Time will tell.

#6119 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Doesn't matter....I believe there are only 10 of us going to own the game anyway according to chatter...we shall suffer together in our small, little club....

And what a great club it will be!

#6163 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Horribly dated and bad... probably sounds better if you're high on Meth.

We are in for a 60th and we think the song is awesome...

#6164 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For anyone curious about the Moby, James Bond theme like I was, here ya go.

Thanks for posting!

#6250 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Occasionally pop back in here hoping for a gameplay video of this $20k game. Oh well, will go back to Scooby thread till number #32 arrives.

Do you think you will get your Scooby before Bond60th starts shipping?

#6300 1 year ago

Hopefully someone on Pinside has received a shipping notice for their Bond60th?

Surely the game is close to shipping.

#6303 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

They must be close to shipping, but there's no need to get surly about it.

Ha ha!.. I have corrected the spelling.

#6365 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Well you're obviously not very smart. And I block dumb people.

Wow! You have yourself blocked. That explains how you can post so much dumb and stupid shit.

#6511 1 year ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

So far in this stream is anyone seeing the value proposition for a $22k machine(with shipping and tax)? I do like the retro sound options.

Fuck no.. Terrible value.. Pinball is not a retirement fund.. it is a hobby. If you are worried about the money, do not buy the machine. Do not bag anyone else if they buy it.

I still cannot wait to get this into our collection. My wife is going to love this thing..

#6526 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Great machine for 7,999.00? Maybe 6,999.00

I want a Porche RS2 for $20K too. No chance is that ever going to happen...

#6597 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That word “hate” is thrown around way too much these days as a substitute for “rational critique”

Umm.. you are still a hater. Spin it however you want.

#6756 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

First of all, congrats to all the guys getting this game. Mark, Pbaddicted, etc. Bond is a grail theme for me.
I tried to envision myself playing this game at home and wanting to hit the start button over and over. Couldn't get there for me.
Partly because watching Elwin play it versus a basic stiff are two different experiences
Also i'm loving my BondLE and playing it more than any other pin at the outset since TWD, despite lacking full code.
The licensor wanted a "retro" game with scoring reels. I guess they did what they could with a new reels concept. Seems disjointed to me. To imply that all Bond assets were in the game? Falls way short to me and a HUGE stretch.
Additional Bond music would have helped. Yeah i know, costs money.
Bottom line, i'm keeping my FOMO in check this time, I will enjoy my also "overpriced" Bond LE
I do reserve the right to get one of these down the line!

Thanks Ice. I am sure you will get an invite to play the game while sharing some bourbon somewhere! Looks like the game has been designed to be shared, played and enjoyed.

Good to see you have controlled FOMO. We have forced no FOMO going forward, we are out of room.

#6773 1 year ago

There's no way the Australian distributor accepted his full allocation to sell these machines at AUD31,500. He's too smart a businessman to do that!
iceman44's theoretical build of 200 machines example at #6768, is probably a bit low, but perhaps not that far off the mark.

How do you know this? Have you spoken with our distro? Do you know how many have been sold in Aus? I would love to know how many are coming in.

#6783 1 year ago

1. I am very well connected with Aussie pinball enthusiasts, including and especially those with large collections. We talk.
2. Yes
3. No.
4. So would I! But I can tell you ... NOT MANY! This title will be one very rare bird in the Land Down Under.

Thanks for the info..

#6836 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It simply means the poster - in this case, SLAM TILT - has YOU blocked. Yes...in soviet russia, pinside blocks YOU!
There's nothing you can do about it, since SLAM TILT invented the concept of blocking, internet forums, and pretty much everything else. You won't be able to outsmart him.

You forgot to mention he taught people how to steal their ideas, artwork and playfield designs too.

#6864 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

As someone who does branded design work, I’d choose Stern’s over yours. It’s not even close.
With yours, it would literally be impossible to see which bond you collected. With Stern’s, it’s easy to see it’s George Lazenby.
Yours looks slick… but only because it’s totally out of context here on a message board.
On a 6” (720p?) pinball screen, under glass, with information preceding and following it, on screen for only a second or two, while you’re trying to play pinball, it would be utterly useless.

It makes no differnce who likes what.. ultimately it is up to the licensor what goes on the game. I like the game how it is. I respect all the work that everyone put in making the game.

2 weeks later
#7021 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone get the game yet?

Yep.. there is an owners thread.

#7042 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

~12 games - I think I got over 10k once or twice. I'm an above average player, but not super consistent.
No doubt more playing time might help, but I just didn't like the "package". I'm really into audio/sound/callouts, and this game felt dead/uninspired. Usually a big fan of Jerry's Thompson's work. I was watching a video of the new Fathom Mermaid remake and was blown away by the enhanced audio they put into that game (I've owned Fathom as well for many years).
The game just felt unloved, but could be a side-effect of the license holder "involvement" (impossible for me to know).
I'm glad you dig it and are being challenged by it. From my perspective, the game itself doesn't measure up to the legendary license. This and TS4 are 2 of the biggest pinball disappointments of the past year or so. I was really looking forward to both of these games. Oh well.

Making your mind up if you like a pinball machine took you only 12 games? What a load of crap. Thanks for taking the time to post but this is why I never listen to anyone 's opinion.

Fot me. TMNTLE 250 games before I started to like it. AVLE. Over 500 games before I started to appreciate it. Even 90s BWs you need at least 50 games before you know if you are going to love it or not.12 games does not even qualify for you to work out the skill shot. You may be missing out on some great pinball machines if you only give them a 12 game chance.

Excuse the harshness. I cannot understand why anyone would listen to your opinion after you only played the machine for such a small amount of time.

If you do not like it that is up to you.

#7059 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Excuse the harshness? You know why I can make up my mind in 12 games? Because I've been at this a very long time and know what I like (and don't)!
Based on your insecure, overly emotional reactions, pinball is apparently very stressful to you. Not me...I tried to explain where I was coming from. Pinsiders are capable of making up their own minds - whatever!
If you would take the time to see what I've owned (and my buyer feedback), you'd know I've missed out on very little.

Maybe you better go back to your counsellor. Hurling insults is a good show of a person's character. I just questioned your 12 game probably less than 10 minute gameplay critique.

If you are so confident, good for you. It is just a pinball machine.

#7060 1 year ago

Dupe

#7065 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

This is Pinside, most of the posts are from people that made up their mind after 0 games.

Ha ha.. Yes I forgot about that. Self professed Pinball experts!

#7067 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Speak for yourself. I played a half dozen "games" of AFM on pinmame/visualpinball back in 2000, loved it enough to hunt down and buy one from a local operator, and it's still in my basement 23 years later.
Some games just do everything right.

Yep.. I loved AFM straight away too. Great game.

1 week later
#7136 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

#434 just got dropped off at the house....will be setting it up and playing tonight hopefully. Kinda shoots the "they'll never even make 500" out of the water.
Any inference that money quantifies stupidity (either way) is absolute horseshit. "self proclaimed entitlement", maybe, but stupidity? No way.
I've met incredibly asinine people in all income brackets. Amazing how these threads digress into personal beliefs/ attacks about a persons intellect just because they decide to buy a game or not.
So buying 8 old ass games that take up room, 8x the work, and none of the features of a modern game is more fiscally responsible or "smarter"?
Unf*cking believable that the need exists to "justify" buying or not, while "proclaiming pinball genious" to those that are "dumb" enough to do so.
The personal attacks on individuals choosing to purchase a game really need to stop. Hate the game, hate the price, say your piece, then stfu and move on.
Believe it or not, I'll bet there are people at Stern that DO care, and silently sit back and take it just like Spooky, JJP and the rest.
Shit gets really, really old.

Congrats on getting your game!

Dad (RIP) always said "You cannot educate stupid. Trying is wasting time. They have to work it out themselves." I miss him every day.

1 month later
#7170 11 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

#306 arrived home! I’m so thrilled to be part of this community! Since day 1 I wanted this Pinball and I’m so happy to finally get it! Plays AMAZING and it’s just so addictive! Loved the figure 8 shot and the Oddjob hat it’s so much fun. I was so eager to have a Keith Elwin design on my collection and this one it’s just perfect!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Congrats and welcome to the club!

2 months later
#7190 9 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I haven't played it or seen much of it, but I hate it. No sarcasm. Just a straight up hater trying to stoke the coals of the hate train. Fuck Elwin and his shitty, one level bullshit pin.

No1 rule of Pinside:

Never listen to a hater or shitbag.

Hate away, you are only destroying yourself, everyone around you and anyone who wants to join you. Pinball machines are toys. Some toys are cheap and some are not.

#7193 9 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

do I really need to use the sarcasm emoji?

yep! I did not mean to offend you..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.