007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

324 posts in this topic match your search for posts by iceman44. You are on page 1 of 2.
#19 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Where as I'm the opposite
I love a single level game where all the shots are dangerous, you're constantly on the verge of losing the ball, and there aren't a bunch of safe shots to slowly grind out points. I'd rather have an intense 5 minute game than a 30 minute slog of shoot the flashing ramp.

I’m gonna like a new single level Elwin design with Bond theme. .

I love the theme so incorporating ALL Bonds should be great.

Beatles re-skin is ok but this will be Elwin next level!

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Elvira 40th on pinside for $19500 currently. Remember that was $30k at first.

$25k but yeah.

500 of a street level game

This should be wild

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

So no LCD in the backbone, just score reels. And the small home edition LCD in the playfield.

George said on the podcast, “we are gonna try things”.

They “aren’t hand to mouth like the old days”

So they are pushing the limit here thinking Elwin will drive big time FOMO sales on a 500 Bond edition.

We will see

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I'd imagined real physical score reels :/

For $25k?

500 buyers? “Let’s try it”. Gomez

The topper is worth $10k alone

#98 1 year ago

Honestly, think this will be an aftermarket buy for many if at all.

Elvira 40th?

Gotta salute Gomez for the Elwin draw

500?

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People keep saying "they are only making 500 I'll never even be able to play this Elwin classic!"
I'm just pointing out that's bullshit. As someone else pointed out, there are under 200 BBBs on the planet and we've all played it.
I'm not able to buy one? Who gives a shit. I'll sleep like a baby at night without owning the mega-rare pins.

400 Elvira LEs

200 Elvira 40th

80 Elvira SLEs I think

Next stop?

Pros $10k

Premiums $13k

3,000 LEs at $18k

1,000 SLEs at $40k

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Wow, people really think a lot of pinball designer salaries and royalties these days

Elwin is the Golden Goose

He deserves probably more than he’s getting right now

You should design something TreyBo, I like your creativity.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I probably get paid more designing much simpler things. Also have you meet pinball fans? I deal with less difficult people as a government-official/human-complaint-box.

Amen to that.

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Isn't the general understanding that everyone at Stern is working below their market value because they want to be in pinball?

Not a lot of pinball options are there?

But the Golden Goose Elwin brings in a lot dough for them.

He’s the only chance they have at selling 500 SLE games. Gomez is no dummy

I hope he’s using his leverage. If he simply walked out the door that’s a ton of $$$ walking out of Stern

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

yeah, but does Keith wanna walk out that door?
A few Stern employees seem like they took massive paycuts to come work for Stern. Software guys who could make a killing elsewhere (maybe some already did and don't mind the low pay now because they enjoy their work). Idk what Elwin used to do...
The video game industry is pretty well known for exploiting people who love video games and want to work in that industry. Keeps their wages far below comparable engineers and artists.

I’d make them think I was walking out the door if the compensation wasn’t fair.

Steph Curry gets paid a lot more than the stiff on the end of the bench (and bench stiff is overpaid)

With the huge price increases Elwin and team should get a bigger piece of that.

They should have a profit sharing plan in place to incentivize all the workers and highly comp guys get a big tax deduction

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm more pessimistic and would guess the bonus to Keith, and his team, would be you get to buy the game at cost and then they could flip it on their own time.

Man that would be rough. Gotta know your value.

You can’t just pick up any Elwin off the streets. His coding team is great too. I’m sure Stern saw the sales difference between him and Ritchie, especially recently.

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

At least Lebowski had a bowling alley

It’s a kick ass bowling alley!

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

I don’t see 500 at $20k moving either and if EHOH 40th is any indication, distributors will close them out well below that. I know of a couple of NIB EHOH 40th’s having been sold well under $20K, quietly by distributors.

Have to agree with this.

500. I think they will try and get $25k for these.

If they do it’s not gonna work out. Too many people saw the Beatles fiasco and now Elvira 40th. Only 200 of those games

#283 1 year ago

TNA is NOT James Bond. I don’t care what you throw in it.

The Bond 60th will have assets from ALL Bond films as we know.

Theme matters. A lot

#344 1 year ago

James Bond is a great theme.

I don’t see how they will have 500 buyers lining up for a single level game, even though it is Bond and Elwin.

At $20k it wipes out ALL the flippers. After that, tough to think there might be 500 left at that price.

Think it settles in the $15-16k range depending on what we see of course

Revised my estimates down because of the high 500 number

It will also depend on the amount of video assets with all the different Bond movies.

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The best way to remove the flippers is to make game unlimited.
That also have the advantage that the product has to stand on it´s own merit.
I really salute and love american pinball in their policy/approach regarding this.
I so hope they can have a really big hit soon.

That’s what a pro and premium are for.

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

No question about it.. some people are crying sight unseen for the awesome cornerstone models yet there are tons of pictures and several videos of them. There’s absolutely zero on this yet except for a leaked mock-up pic that was just outshined in 5 minutes by another Pinsider in Photoshop yet some people are like Elwin! $25k! I want it now! It’s baffling.

I don’t know anybody saying that for $25k and Elwin “I want it now”.

Maybe some flipper pumpers?

No way 500 sell for that despite what some might try and FOMO BS pump this

It sounds great, but can’t imagine a $25k single level game without an LCD screen in the back box I don’t care who designs it

#403 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So what’s the “ice price?”
$19k?

Love that Bond theme and all the Bond movies in there.

They need to be represented in video and not just artwork characters in the game. I would assume that’s the case.

Need to see what that all looks like.

$17,500? I think they will come out of the chute as high as they can, $25k? Then the real market sets in like Beatles and Elvira 40th

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

All 500 will be gone in hours if not minutes.

If it's for $25k then I'll pick one up for $17,500 30 days later.

Not this time. Unless it's in the $18k range, then they go fast depending on what is actually in there.

FOMO pumping.

#410 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Not quite a valid analogy as TP is not a luxury item

Nor is it 1,000 x the pricing of a luxury item versus TP.

#415 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

With only 500 available even with the steep price they will go fast.

What is the "steep price"? They said the same thing about Beatles and Elvira 40th.

"Only 500" is a LOT of pins after selling 1,000 LE's.

What price? Mid to upper teens then i see them moving.

#417 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The SLE is a totally different pin than the LE.
They will be gone quick, just like the LE.

It's a single level game, like Beatles. They won't be gone quick at any price.

The LE is $13k

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

In my mind it all boils down to whether or not this is the mother of all Bond films with all assets music and video and not just PF and cabinet art.
If it has it all I have no doubt it will sell out regardless of price. It will certainly diminish the regular LE as some of the content for sure will overlap.

Def needs all assets, music and video. And is the video just on the PF screen?

#435 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Give a time frame.
People were all shrieking it was a money grab and the LE was literally gone in seconds.
500 SLE wont take long to vanish either.

Go ahead and get you one for $25k then

#437 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't know if the distinction really matters. Stern is going to sell all 500 direct to their distributors. Then the distributors price them as they see fit.
In both situations Stern presells them all and baked in their profit upfront. So they don't care too much beyond trying to make sure the distributors don't get stuck with something they can't sell for a nice profit

There will be plenty of people that get stuck by distributors if they are controlling price.

There aren’t 500 people paying $25k for a single level game.

And don’t tell me it’s Elwin and how great classic games are.

If that’s true make them all classic.

Yep, Beatles has a lot going on too, nobody is paying $25k now for a “Diamond” in much less quantity. $14-16k range

The initial FOMO pump will be off the charts again. Then reality will set in.

They only chance they have is flippers and distros working together to make it seem like you better buy now.

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I think you guys are VERY optimistic on these 60th Edition sales. I'm with Ice on this one. I'll bet anyone here that a week after release, you will still be able to find these SLEs available direct from distributors.
It's like people don't remember what happened with Beatles, or with the Elvira 40ths. I mean you can easily get an Elvira 40th Edition direct from multiple distros right now.
Look harder people, and 500 is ton of games for a single-level game at the expected price point.

FOMO is kicking in Mike with people that aren't even going to buy one. You can't ignore the history and the facts. At least the people buying the game won't before dropping $25k. Some will get picked off at that price point.

You said it, 500 is a TON of games for a single-level game, no matter who is designing it.

The video screen on the PF will be underwhelming, like my Alien.

It's still Bond and the history of the franchise so it's gonna be popular. So we are about to find out soon enough.

Bottom line, I have a pretty good idea what i'm paying for one, and it's in that range i mentioned.

#448 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah well if you want Elvira you can spend $9k to get one (if Stern ever bothered to build them)
I don't know why that is such a hard concept for some to grasp. This is a very unique and limited production. No alternate versions, no reskins, etc..
The things I've seen this hobby throw money at...and you guys are skeptical of it being 25k and up? Like maybe there are some deals in the first few weeks when the games all hit the market at the same time, but hold back a little and they will start to rise up.
It's like you guys choose to ignore the existence of games like JJP POTC...

I'm a "target buyer" for the Bond SLE, and a top theme of mine, no problem with the LE on this one. And i believe i will get one in my price target based on my talks. We'll see what happens.

As for JJPPOTC, there is a guy in NYC that has been sitting on one for months, jacking around with the price, and now he has it at $29,500. And there were only 200 of that jam packed game.

There are a lot of external forces working against these prices continuing to rise up. And at 500 of them, the old LE allotment for a full feature game, it's just TOO MANY to be thinking they can bring that much.

Like i said before, it's a bit of "JJP itis".

Yep, when the dust settles and the FOMO wears off, like every other time before, so will the price of these 500 pins.

It's still very exciting to watch. Not $25k exciting.

#450 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People didn't justify Elviras price because they thought it was 2-3x the pinball machine others were... Just like Beatles and supreme were not priced on the game's qualities. The fact the game is a single level is not material. The product is not positioned based on its playfield - but by its limited nature and desirable traits.
These kinds of products are priced on their exclusivity and desirability -- Not based on their actual entertainment value or game's complexity.
Just like people paying 3-4x a normal pinball price for games like Big Bang Bar or Kingkong... They aren't great games. Their marketability is driven by other factors.

The fact that it is a "single level game" is "material" to me and others i've spoken with. I've been buying these games for a LONG time.

The "limited nature" is NOT there at 500 pins. Period. As a "collector"/player i know i could pick one up anytime i wanted now or in the future. How many King Kongs are there? 5?

Get yourself a couple if you like it so much.

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Here's the thing... how many will they really make? 500 is a limit, maybe they make way less?
I'm sure 18m from now you'll have one and talking about how you beat the price curve and all...

Won’t need to wait that long. $17-$18k now.

Gotta see how the Bond films are represented.

I expect it to be excellent but will see. That said I don’t believe it will be “different this time” especially considering other external headwinds.

Why would Stern make less than 500 if they can sell them ALL to distributors for $15k?

You know that’s not happening. Come on.

#475 1 year ago

One thing we can all agree on, it's gonna be an exciting 60th anniversary pin, pricing aside.

Then there is the Goldfinger LE that is undoubtedly coming as Gomez hinted at. Will people just wait for that one?

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Anxious to see how it's mounted and used...no clue on the "home edition" size (never seen one...will search)....
(wait!!..looks small on speaker panel, but a great fit on the playfield....suddenly excited again...)

I think it’s gonna be like Alien Mark. And somebody posted a top down picture in a thread. Might have gotten removed?

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Beatles Diamond and Elvira 40th were just color variants of a layout available in huge quantities. Major difference here being this is the only way you can get this game.

There is 500 of them. Are we promoting $25k plus?

No f ing way.

Single level all day long. And a Beatles Diamond is $14k-16k. Why? Just get a Gold

And Goldfinger “variant” LE coming for 1/2 the price.

Not this time. It amazes me the number of people who have no interest in buying the 60th anniversary saying “yep, it’s $25k plus all day”?

It is still JUST a pinball machine. Let me remind us of that. Lol

And I sold my Elwin IMDN and AIQ LEs for various reasons.

I’d never sell my Lyman greats.

#490 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have you considered getting professional help Ice?

They are great games Cookie.

Maybe sell my JP and GZ LEs next?

But, would I trade my GZ, JP, STH,EHOH, BM66, GB, MUNSTER, TWD, AS, TBL, Alien, Wonka, GNR for a Bond 60th?

Nope. Not worth it.

The LE is $13k. I like it

The Elwin $$ grab is fine too but at what cost and 500 of them? No way, hello BEATLES

100% not for any of those above sight unseen.

I realize there are FOMO pumpers with an agenda here. It’s just pinball. Can’t make any more than that

#492 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know, unfortunate reality - can't have them all. You know it's getting serious when IMDN and AIQ don't make the chop.

Chopped those F ers a while back.

I needed a spreadsheet and study guide for AIQ.

IMDN is way overrated. Would never even consider getting that game back. Height of Stern cheap out and the Mechs were garbage.

Had fun with it while it lasted but THEME matters to me and the complexity was no bueno.

Sadly, Lyman the master is no longer with us but his legacy will live on forever!

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I mean we joke but there are many buyers like this, I've filmed at many such locations around here. At one place dude had a 1200 sq/ft room completely empty except for a chair, two mono amps and $60,000 speakers that looked like sea creatures. Another place I filmed there were a bunch of little statues that kinda looked like Deadmaus but apparently were worth deep 5 figures. Another place dude had over a million in cars, and he pointed to one of them telling me how he never drives it.
If this type of buyer is a bond fanatic and finds out about this SLE they will buy it with petty cash, place it in a corner someplace and pretty much never use it. It'll be a limited thing they bought to go along with their other limited things they own which to them effectively cost pennies. Whether the game has ramps, multiple levels, good bom, etc is completely irrelevant to this buyer.

Didn’t happen that way for Beatles.

Won’t happen again. Maybe a few dozen non pinball people?

#526 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

well.. we've watched this release so far... and don't think they have any rabbits in their hat. This one has been a trainwreck.
At least Joe K knows how to market things... should have been a Kapow collab.

Joe K marketed the Beatles fiasco.

I mean the 10 pack requirement didn’t help the credibility

There is zero track record of any pinball machine selling 500 units over $20k.

This is in the face of big market downturn, a Fed induced recession and a strong US dollar that all but eliminates the non US market

Don’t see it happening. That’s doesn’t mean Stern isn’t going to produce 500 SLEs and sell them for $15k to distributors

Distros will pick off some $25k FOMOs and then the prices get realistic.

Unless, this turns into a ground breaking best pinball machine ever made.

#531 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Doubtful this will be the case, lol. Hoping you're right about the $15k and distro's wanting to move them w reasonable mark. Mildly interested vs. LE. More curious than anything. Will need to be fun to play and bring some sort of innovation to "justify" (non-pinball term, lol) me dropping much more than 17, maybe 18k on one......
I do like that it's not a re-skin. Maybe some magic in there somewhere.....

Much better than Beatles re-skin even though I like that game for what it is. Fun game. Not $25k fun.

I’m hoping they aren’t just relying on the pf screen for the video assets. Surely not right?

#536 1 year ago

Said the same thing about Beatles. Fairly popular themselves.

99.9999% of the world doesn’t give a shit about pinball.

Bond or Beatles memorabilia is different than a 500 run game.

All of that stuff is one of one. Bond Aston Martin or pin?

They will sell to pinheads, 98% and yes I’ll say it again, not for $25k.

The FOMO pump isn’t going to work this time for Distros

#537 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Recession or not.
SLE 007 will be easy 20k +

So you are getting one for $30k Australian?

Or working for a Distro?

#549 1 year ago

All the previous Bonds and movies. Will be interesting to see how they integrate all those assets.

Could be really awesome!

Code would have to be pretty wide and deep one would think?

#555 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

At least there’s no letter-writing begging for one.

Well that is an upgrade in attitude Rick

The Distros are in charge of pricing here. Price fixing and collusion

No I think they get what they can get as fast as they can!

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sorry amigo. Market post-covid has got me cranky. Hoping it gets realistic again.

No I meant from Stern! . I like your attitude Rick

#592 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That’s what I love about his games, he’s not afraid to take ideas from another designers and combine them to make something new. His games absolutely have a unique and Elwin feel but he’s not too proud to borrow elements if they work and feel good to shoot. He’s played so much pinball, and at an elite level, there would be an extensive library in his head.
If I’m being honest, I’m more interested in this than the regular Bond, but I really don’t think I can justify the price.

Negative Cookie. Regular Bond first.

Think they are over hyping an “Elwin game”

It’s James Bond first. And single level which is fine.

Do you like Beatles/sea witch?

I do. But not for the “Diamond price” when there will be 500 of them.

500 is a LOT of games.

How about 500 Beatles with no other BS levels of gold, platinum and Diamond?

That’s what this is.

#600 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You’ve also got to wonder how much effort will go into code on this. Only 500 games, presold. No Lyman. Not much incentive to go above and beyond.

They are already skating on thin ice and they better F ing bring it.

Shit is hitting the fan worldwide.

Better not turn into some half ass effort

When you start charging where they are at? Then you better crush it

#660 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

They need a set price on it. Buying day one from one guy and then finding out a few days later it would have been 4k cheaper with someone else leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Been there with Elvira 40th. Set an MSRP

It’s a Distro $$$ grab again.

You said you have “been there”.

With 500 now, should be lesson learned

They will tap the early FOMO adopters first

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This is the unfortunate part of the whole idea of the 60th. People at first will be led to believe they’re all sold out at a ridiculously high price, only to find out they were not sold through to consumers. The price you paid will take a dive many thousands and settle at a price they should have been launched at to begin with. History in this hobby always repeats itself over and over.

No doubt. 500 is simply not a low number for the price they want

And the Elwin pump is fine but it’s just a single level pinball machine.

It’s a great theme. But the code matters more. Lyman was the real king of pinball

#668 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

500 of them will be tough to move at $18,000. The first 100 sure. Maybe even the first 200. But if this thread is any indication (filled with hard core pinheads and bond fans) think that $20,000 + is insane . Then what will the rest of the consumers think?? No way 500 machines will sell for $18,000 plus. Especially in this economy

Spot on.

The initial FOMO will die fast. Distros will get what they can and then reality sets in.

Economy is heading towards a full blown recession

This will do better than Beatles but Stern doesn’t really care.

They will sell all 500 at $15k to Distros.

#693 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

The opportunity to own the most rare Elwin game ever is enough. All will sell. Quickly. And expensively.

Sold my IMDNLE and AIQLE.

Not “rare”. Haven’t even seen it yet.

Buy em up and flip em!

That’s the other thing, there will be ZERO flippers trying to buy these.

It will be a $$$ loser for those people

500 is a BIG BIG number for what they want to charge for it. Rumors are $25k.

And I say no F ing way they get $25k on 500 games. Not happening.

The actual number matters A LOT to the “collector”, of which I’m one of those. And Stern knows that too.

We are about to see what happens in the face of a recession, 500 pins at $25k? Nope.

#695 1 year ago

Stern has been trying to calibrate the quantity and price to keep the flipper profit for themselves since Metallica.

It’s what a business should do.

There isn’t a market for 1000 LEs for every title at the “new pricing model” of $13k

Bond? Looks like it. Rush? No. Many future titles? No.

So if they simply put a “nice round number” on what they think they can sell then we can expect an LE price reduction in the future for many titles

#696 1 year ago

One of Stern employees I recall came from Upper Deck or Topps? The collectible trading card market.

1 of 10. 1 of 50. 1 of 200 etc etc etc.

At some point you bastardize the model and kill the golden goose when the “collector” realizes all they are really “collecting” is a dust gathering boat anchor.

The collector/player like myself loves the pinball hobby because it has both aspects of it. Not just buying a Wilt Chamberlain 1962 rookie card, PSA 8 graded, and sticking it in a box.

Price? Market has come down from $100k to $80k for a piece of “collectible” slabbed cardboard.

The guys that say this Bond game is going to sell all 500 quickly, at what price?

What “nice round number”? Stern doesn’t care what they sell at since they will get $15k from Distros

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hands down I do. I would be a day one buyer if the theme was more appealing to me. My understanding is if you call around distributors all have long waiting lists. That could potentially be BS, but that is what is being said.
At $18,000 this limited run Elwin game is a legit day one sell out. If Ultraman and Halloween can sell out in a day, so can the Elwin/Bond combination.
Hopefully Stern is successful with this model and they do right by the code for the limited run and we see more efforts like these out of them.
I assume Stern sells this game to their distros at $14,000 per machine, that means Stern grossed $7,000,000 on this machine. I wonder what their development and manufacturing cost will have been.

At $18k yes. That’s fantasy Tiger. I’ve been told Distros are trying to get $25k out of the box.

$18k a whole lot different

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They have never in history cut prices, they won't now.
I can certainly see them cutting the number of LEs for "less Bondian" titles though. I doubt the 1,000 is set in stone.

Then they won’t sell their “nice round numbers” in the future

RushLE ain’t happening at 1,000

Venom? Zero chance.

I get that you are all in Stern Army Levi but it’s quite arrogant to believe that price cuts can’t come.

You remember the days Stern nearly went out of business and had to be bailed out, like JJP.

The greater economy, strength of the US dollar and impact on international sales etc is going to have an effect.

We will soon find out.

I didn’t say Stern was stupid, they know and they will adjust accordingly.

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Heard the same....no telling yet, I suppose...

Well Mark, you me and others I know aren’t dropping $25k on a 500 single level pin regardless of who designed it.

Not gonna speak for you but that is a hard NO.

I already have a game if I want it in the $17-$18k range

Stern does NOTHING to reward their loyal buyers and take us for granted.

Can they get away with it now? Let’s see how it works out for them long term

#709 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No pinball company in the 100 year history of the industry has ever cut prices. I’m just stating fact.
The first time it happens will be the first time ever.

That’s not true. Many simply went out of business instead of having to cut price or try and build 25k TAFs in the heyday!

My first pin was a LOTRLE on close out from Automated due to no demand

And they understand economics.

When you reach a certain pricing point you hit “demand destruction”.

Never in pinball history have we seen such pricing inflation heading into a recession partly fueled by trillions of free money that is now gone

As maybe one of the prototype “targets” that “throws money at everything”, I’m telling you they will have to adjust pricing AND/OR quantity in the future.

#710 1 year ago

Beltking, myself and Mark are 3 people that bought the great game, Elvira 40th for $25k

1 of 200 and I had an LE to sell for a big profit. It’s a full fantastic Lyman masterpiece. And great theme.

I had a guy offer me one for $17k a month later. NIB. Ok. Live and learn.

Public service announcement to anybody getting sucked in on day one at $25k, DON’T DO IT!!!

FOMO is not your friend. You will NOT miss out later at a much cheaper price.

#713 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, I agree with you. They will sell about 100 quickly at $25,000 and then maybe another 100 in 30 days. There is going to be a lot in inventory left after the hype and FOMO period at $25,000.
I also agree with you that the economy will drag down Stern’s 1,000 machine runs on some LEs on any game that is not an A list license. I had told my distro six months ago I wanted a Venom LE. Now, after the price raise and an almost certain run of 1,000 of the LE for Venom, I’m thinking premium (or possibly even a pro) and I’ll add the upgraded speakers, lollipop rails, and Voodoo glass myself. My “collector” money went into my BBB a few months ago…keep the collector money in truly collectible games.
[quoted image]

Nice BBB! And cute happy kids Tiger

You just summed it up best. “Keep the collector money in the truly collectible games”

When AC/DC came out I went with a premium. Just wanted to play it.

TWD was supposed to only have an LE and pro back then. That’s what got me into “LEs”

Stern figured out demand was taking off at that point and added the premium after the fact.

Many Many LEs later, at 1,000 and $13k? Bond will be my last one because of theme and Thunderball.

A truly “collectible” pin that I like to play, like an AC/DC BIB, I’m looking for one

#714 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m not encouraging anybody to buy any $25k pinball machines. Anybody doing that thinking they are gonna make a profit are stupid. There’s easier ways to make a few bucks.
Anybody doing it because they want the game more than $25k, hey good for them. Enjoy.

There will be some people that pay that up front. The buyer pool is less this time at that price.

Kind of like what rising interest rates just did to the housing market. Buyers drop out.

But yeah, some just won’t care. I get it

#721 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I didn’t buy the Elvira to make money but when I buy a pin I also don’t want to lose 8k off the bat. I’m guaranteed to get a 60th but price hopefully will be in line.
Same reason I’m pissed at Ticketmaster and their flexible prices by demand. At launch they show almost sold out at $400 a ticket for muse. Two hrs later a shit ton of tickets and half the price. Won’t cancel order of refund. Fuck Ticketmaster. Lost my business.

Yep. Me too on Ticketmaster.

When you have an issue like I did for the Texas/Tech football game you can’t get a live person on the phone!

Horrible. Done with them. At least with Vivid you get a live person to help

1 week later
#782 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Isn't that right now?
but the world is ready for Top Gun 100%

Somebody is making that one.

That’s would be a Top theme for me!

#814 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Trying to figure out where the PF screen is...know it was stated to be in there, and given the size should show somewhere.....

Hoping it's not too tiny? Alien size you think Mark?

#823 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A bump today for a tomorrow reveal!!

Dead in here. “Hype” has petered out

#843 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Authorized resellers are going to sell it for 20k now or hold on to it for a while and then ask 25k. Dealers still have elvira 40th anniversary for sale.

They aren’t getting $25k

They should get what they can get at the outset

#850 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I did hear from a very reputable inside distro source that this wasn't be put out as a " cash grab for distro's" like EHOH40th ( which I have and love btw).
Think Distros need to make $$$ ( as we all do relating to work), but hoping and believing ( for now) it wont be a $25k game......
Time to release the damn thing already.....

Amen brother Mark.

I also love Elvira!

I have a Plan A in place. Just waiting for the drop.

5FE2986A-F0C2-4F44-AD08-ECED92B2B344.gif5FE2986A-F0C2-4F44-AD08-ECED92B2B344.gif
#865 1 year ago

500 is a lot of pins.

Wasn’t that long ago that Stern was under $10k for 500 LEs, full games.

The 80 BM66 SLE pins is “super limited”.

They couldn’t sell 200 Elvira 40ths above $20k.

It’s the same market of people. Yeah I know, there were other versions of Elvira.

Not many people will buy both Bond games.

#873 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You're still comparing it to games with cheaper base models though

I’ll put it another way. 500 pins priced over $20k, $25k whatever it ends up being is a LOT of pins for that range of $$$

Even at $18k. The price matters and so does the perceived “value” or lack thereof. Throw some tax and shipping on top of it.

I’m seeing a lot of people canceling their Bond LEs at $13k for various reasons

#892 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

If stern charges too little for this SLE all the flippers are going to go for it. Like blood in the water for sharks. After a while you will see them for sale at 30k. I prefer stern takes the legit money for THEIR product instead of flipper leeches.

Zero chance $30k. That’s ridiculous.

You guys can work yourselves up into a FOMO frenzy all you want.

It’s not happening for a single level Beatles games I don’t care who is designing it

Keep watering down the “perceived value” and watch what happens

Agree with above post, “artificial scarcity”. Same road being traveled.

#905 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I'm not saying it makes sense.
I don't have FOMO, to old for it and have been around the block.
I'm not even on this title at 15k.
I'm just saying don’t ever underestimate flippers greed.
Pinball machine are meant to be played and enjoy not to be stash for possible profit.
That's why I prefer it goes to the fans of the theme and pinball with deeper pockets than mine instead of a climate controlled room to be flip.

They need somebody to flip it to though.

Flippers will get caught will get caught with their pants down grabbing their ankles if they think they can work this one

#906 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Pinball machine are meant to be played and enjoy not to be stash for possible profit.
That's why I prefer it goes to the fans of the theme and pinball with deeper pockets than mine instead of a climate controlled room to be flip.

Flippers will get caught will get caught with their pants down grabbing their ankles if they think they can work this one

#907 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

#908 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

#909 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

#910 1 year ago

Lol. Ok wtf. Malfunction. Sorry!!!

#911 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I got a raise at work. If the spinner sounds are right and I'm enough beers deep, I could make a dumb celebratory decision. But gotta see it...

Go for it Trey Bo. YOLO

#916 1 year ago

Just like the Elvira toppers.

They will skim the first wave of dummies.

Then put out the rest on demand.

Artificial scarcity.

A $2k topper on any pin is joke

Pinball is a slimy business. Gary Stern, Jersey Jack etc

It’s grab your ankles and done with that

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Hahaha holy $hit been quote 5 times in a row by iceman. Just got back home after a nice evening with maybe too many drinks and I saw this.
I was about to reply, iceman, dude, it's all good take it easy i'm just expressing an opinion
Lol

It happened by mistake lol. Holy shit.

Have another pumper drink!

You ain’t buying shit.

#922 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Iceman, is this the topper for your 5X post? If so, how much? $2K or more? I hope all's well with you down south.
[quoted image]

My counter looks more like various beer assortments Jelli!

All good down south

Looking to do something with project pinball on the GWJ build. I’ll figure something out

#959 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

SLE is just a moniker. It is just an LE limited to 500. It will not be as good as the JBLE, and had there been 1k announced, it should sell for less than $13k. But since there are half as many announced, price will be higher for JB60. Will be hard for Stern to price it higher than $15k imo. Even at that price, one could buy 2-3 Bally’s 80’s games. Any amount charged over $15k is greed. Stern is on a power trip.

This is gonna be a tough one for Stern pricing wise.

Do they keep it “reasonable” on the heels of a huge windfall from the Bond LE price increase OR….

Do they go for more “home run” pricing again?

Kind of a dumb question I know because they will surely swing for the fences again.

How has the “sell through” from Distros on Bond LE gone when it’s time to pay the bill?

They got my $$$ but it looks like a number of people are opting out, others waiting in line?

Seeing how Beatles turned out, it’s gonna be quite interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Theme and theme integration are #1 and #1A for me.

Layout? A distant second but not concerned with Elwin right?

#979 1 year ago

Looks like they won’t reveal until games are ready to ship and collect the $$$.

Max FOMO

Or FOBI. Fear of being included?

#985 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thats my point. I didn't specifically say drop targets or expensive mechs, nor expensive licences. Just a cheaper single level, retro inspired game.
Beatles might be cheaper now, but it wasn't originally. When it was launched it was sold from LE tier upwards with a stupid cash grab at the top tier. This Bond SLE will be the same but even more limited.
Just think there would be a market for a well designed fun shooting single level retro game at a reasonable price. Doesn't need 10 drop targets and 7 opto spinners and an unobtanium licence from Kapow.

Is that TNA?

#990 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It is. Let's have one from Stern.
Drop targets are not cheap, but they are off the shelf in most cases. Unlike vacuum formed or wire ramps which need a-lot of design and prototyping and then need to be custom made.
Do you guys honestly think Stern couldn't make a single level game with a 3-drop target bank, 2 spinners, a bunch of standups and kickout saucer for the price of a Stern pro? So basically a Stern pro (ie starwars and DP) without the ramps.
Just saying make something like above, but without the top tier license paywall.

I’m down for anything different. Actually GWJ is building one now.

#1040 1 year ago

We have been punked. There really isn’t an Elwin Bond game!

#1068 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If it were such a gravy train you’d see people with real money racing in to capitalize on it. Instead we see time and time again only passion seekers willing to take the plunge. That should tell you more about the books than perceived gross margins.

That's partly true. The "TAM" (total addressable market) is not really "investable" for another party. If Stern was a publicly traded company I'd short it right now.

Plus, the barriers to entry are there. JJP has learned that eventually moving to Chicago. The production capabilities and overall pinball talent is limited.

Just not a big enough market to attract more $$$, unless you are niche boutique like Spooky and can control costs like they do. The net margins are MUCH less than people perceive.

Stern owns the market, the others are just playing around the edges.

#1111 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No. My Distro will call me when it drops, give me a price, and I buy it or not after it reveals. Wire funds...done.
Done w my Tuesday bumps however....."next week" has turned into a month....whole reveal/ launch has been f'd up imho (which means nothing and ok w that)....

Like the Tuesday bumps Mark!

Thinking they want to get the LEs on the line in early December before they show it.

When was the EHOH 40th? Delivered in Dec last yr or Jan?

Think this release is an extra “bonus” for the Distros like EHOH 40th.

In other words, tap the big $$$ guys

#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Are dealers really asking 35k for bond? Had a guy email me his dealer wants 35 to secure one. No f’in way.

35k pesos?

They are def locking in the LE $$ first before they drop the bomb

Doubt there will be many early FOMO adopters this time of price is over $17k ish

They will try and catch a first wave of buyers at top $$. Then reality sets in

#1125 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

Just a thought:
Gomez Bond is taking a long time to code because getting approvals for movie clips. If I had to bet, Stern has prioritized getting Gomez Bond clips approved over Elwin Bond. The delay is because of the backlash from the code and release of Gomez Bond. They are literally doing what the community said Stern should do for Gomez Bond for Elwin Bond. They are not releasing it until it's ready. I am happy about this. Let them take their time and not rush it.
They might not want to even show this game off until after their next Pin. Lots of rumors of a music pin from other posters.... if they show this off now, then a music pin that would potentially deflate the enthusiasm for that music pin. Smartest decision for Stern (from a business standpoint) is to wait until next year.

Is this really the “hype thread”. If it is there is none left.

Call me a cynic, but I believe Stern is making sure the Distros are collecting the LE $$ first. To do that they have to start shipping those games

And they probably are in a pickle trying to figure out what to price it at.

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Le money was sent in full weeks ago. Due up front for some reason.

“For some reason”.

I’m bored to tears right now. And it’s cold as F outside.

1 week later
#1157 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bumping for 12/6 reveal again.....keeping it near the top of my favorites as the thread is pretty much dead......I will persist...

I know Mark. Keep on bumping.

Think they realized that the LE $$$ has to be banked first before anything gets shown

And they are having a difficult time pricing this game.

It will flame out with 500 of them again IF they do the $$ grab again

Let the 1st responders get fleeced.

Then wait it out.

Nothing will change what it is.

A single level game with scoring reels and home pin video of the pf.

Been there with Beatles. Won’t work again

Although it isn’t a re-skin. And has the spinning hat toy.

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thanks for the clip....yep, this one is definitely going to sting hard price wise based on a few of his comments.
" what the market will bear" is going to be interesting...

"Easily in the $25k-$30k range"....not a chance

Single level, scoring reels (i don't care how cool they are), and the homepin PF screen?

In the world of Mr. Gomez i wonder if he considers the BOND LE at $13k plus tax and shipping, "EXPENSIVE"?

Maybe that's cheap and $25k is expensive?

500 is a lot of pins, especially at such a HIGH price point.

Maybe the distributors will have to buy whatever inventory there is at said price BUT, the end consumer ain't going for that.

Watch it happen. . Beatles part 2 up next.

Kind of like what much higher interest rates has done to the housing market they are about to get familiar with the term "demand destruction".

#1169 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I buy everything and if this is over 15k even I will walk away....and that's saying something!

You and me both. It sounds really cool and I love Bond, have an LE coming, if it has a 2 in front of it i'm out too

#1172 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wish it was more like The Beatles. Make 1,500 or whatever at a typical premium price. Then maybe 60 limited editions and 7 super limited editions.

That's exactly what they should have done

At least 2 different price levels with some differences like the topper on say 150 super LE's and maybe another 750 LE's?

#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That or it just gives the impression this is all an after thought game to keep designers/teams busy. Which maybe it is?
Like for $8k Beatles Gold is a good time. Not a lot of software, but a tough layout that makes good use of what's there. (And bonus, they later added the option to play OG Seawitch rules which disables the magnets and spinners and such - so it's two games in one)
But the idea of paying 25k for that sort of game? Yeah no.
And I feel like I'm the exact market for this sort of game? If it was under 10k, I'd be all over it. I love single level playfields

I really enjoy my Beatles game too. Gold edition. Like you said $8k.

I'd love a Bond 60th, just not at Beatle's Diamond pricing.

Ok, the scoring reels with lighting effects will be very cool i'm sure. Guess we will have to see how i feel about the pf video screen. It's ok on Alien but then you have the giant screen as well.

With all the Bond assets and it's just the pf mini? Maybe that will be fine, i'm skeptical.

#1190 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I just don't understand why buy all the James Bond movie licenses, use Connery for cornerstone and leave all the rest for only 500 rich people. I don't get it.

I don’t get that either.

Maybe they think that’s the appeal for the huge price tag. All Bond content?

Also seems a bit wasted on the mini pf screen but let’s see

Charging much more for a less featured game makes no sense.

500 is a ton of pins. I’m a broken record

That guarantees that there will be plenty available on the secondary market for less ultimately.

Flippers should tread lightly here or get their ass handed to them

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Are the distributors not deciding what they sell these for? Let's guess they pay 15k for the machine from Stern it coukd be more or even less, Can they not decide to sell for 16k or 16,500 ? I don't think Stern will be the only ones responsible for final price to customers, so if they do what they did with Beattles well then that's just not all on Stern and they can sit on them and not blame anyone but themselves ?

Supposedly this isn’t a distro Xmas gift like Elvira 40th and Stern will set pricing?

$17k ish? That would get a good amount of people I would think but if you care about value long term it would probably be a guaranteed loser. Thats fine, just don’t want a full ankle grabber Billy.

#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Stern probably believes, reasonably, that 99% of the appeal is Elwin. Wouldn't work with any other desiner.

Gonna be fun and enticing no doubt.

No matter who it is it’s still just a single level game, which is a great change of pace, but you are right, selling ALL Bond and Elwin layout is the pitch.

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If rumours of pricing are correct Stern are making significantly more net profit on this. Let’s say 4 - 5 times that of an LE. So that’s equivalent to making 2000-2500 Bond SLE’s. When Stern are already struggling to keep up with the demand/production capacity, it makes sense to make 500 extremely profitable games.
It sucks for us “regular” collectors/players, but this is not the People’s Republic of Pinball.
If this rumored new factory adds production capacity then they go back to the old model.

Still gotta sell em Cookie. What price? Another Beatles Diamond?

#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Should get rid of the reels and do a huge screen like jjp. Now that would get the price point up. Told the wife it’ll prob be 25-30k and she said no way after Elvira 40th. Not many people can pay over 20k for a pin.

Stern, JJP any of them, can’t sell 500 pins of any kind or theme for $25k. They need the flipper crowd and there won’t be any juice left after the squeeze.

EDIT: Not because we can’t, it’s because we/they won’t. Not 500 of us/them.

If the Distros get them for $15k then they better lock in their buyers at a reasonable price in the FOMO phase

Gonna be fun to watch. Any new game is exciting, especially Bond

#1210 1 year ago

Have there been any pins sold by any company at $25k for 500 of them. Not even close ever

Talking about the “collector”? Elvira 40th, once the initial FOMO died quickly then those games, 200 of them, became plentiful and still are under $20k

A BM66SLE was just sold for $28k or less, 1 of 80. And it took a while to find the one buyer.

The coveted JJP POTCCE sat on the market for months until the dude from NYC marked it “pending”. One buyer finally.

I’d like a Bond CE 60th but if it’s priced above $20k, I’ll be waiting for the quick drop in price.

Anybody thinking 500 people will rush to spend $25k on this game out of the chute is crazy I think.

Haven’t we learned our lessons? We will see. Show the damn thing already

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

I agree with what you are saying, except I just listed and sold my POTC CE for 31,000.00 in two days. Pending till I put sold on it for 9 days.
People will still buy, not me at anything near 20-25 though.
Pinball makers need to get in touch with their market again.

Did you see the NYC guy that had his up for months ?

Yours must have had some great mods. Congrats.

We are talking about single sales on another 200 pin.

And what’s in POTC. Loaded

No way the code and immersive play can match POTC, or Lyman masterpieces BM66 and Elvira?

Code won’t get us there to $25k

What will? Nada

#1218 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Elwin does a lot with a little. I think it has the potential to be very innovative in the way things are put together in the design. And there are AT LEAST 500 people with the dough that will buy just to have a complete Elwin lineup. At least.
I just wish Stern would set aside 10 of the machines to put on location tour so operators could put the machine out for a month at their best location, giving users access to a machine they would not otherwise see. 10 machines x 12 months would get the machine out to 120 locations in a year, then they routed machines could be sold off.

No chance. You? I’m a prime target of 500. Buyers aren’t perpetually stupid

Don’t care about an Elwin lineup. It’s just pinball. Got rid of IMDN and AIQ. GZ next, only because I’m tired of theme

There is only so much you can do and none of it adds up to $25k. NOTHING. You don’t think price matters?

$15k? Maybe. Haven’t even seen it yet

After a while EVERY pin gets stale and old. What’s left? A $25k boat anchor now?

Stern has the regular Bond for OPs. That’s it

It’s a fun hobby but has its slimy elements. So many “coin pusher” types

The scalpers will lose this time

GZ is #1 on the Pinside list.

Would you pay $25k for that game? The goose can’t shit out those eggs

#1221 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Pingod’s was LOADED! Beautiful machine.
Simple supply vs demand when it comes to POTC. Likely the same for this pin.

1 buyer. You need to buy 10 Bond SLE at $25k and flip em for $50k

Simple supply and demand. Lol

500 people would not have paid $30k for the pingod POTCE pin. 200 of them made and he loaded it up on a loaded pin. He got peak price. Good for him

What does the greatest pinball machine in history cost today at 500 of them?

#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is always bourbon time! We need to make sure we are not drinking bourbon when this 60th is released.. no good pinball decisions are nade when drunk. Buy, buy buy!
[quoted image]

Life is too short. Bourbon and beer over pins. We have plenty of them

#1227 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Here you go Doug....Bourbon over Pins..
( makes playing and buying much more enjoyable imho)
[quoted image]

I’ll take Alien and your mod all day Mark!

Love Bond but it will be inferior. Guaranteed and less than 1/2 the price

#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Sold a Zilla for 24k

Where did you find that fool?

They are selling $15k-$17k ish in marketplace. Several FS and sold

#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

It was and I am kinda hoping it falls through. I see it going higher.
Your prediction was going much lower remember that?

Somebody F ing with you.

#1255 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I contacted the distributor that I purchased my last two NIB games from and said I was all-in at $18K (or less).
At that price level the distributor declined to even put me on his "interested" list for Bond 60th.

Well he’s gonna be sitting on a bunch of games then.

The Distros will have to buy all these up from Stern. $15k was the rumor.

If they pull the scalper move it’s a hard NO here.

Like I said before, I’ll let the FOMOs load in first this time. And maybe buy later, much cheaper, if it looks great

We all know how the story plays out. Lessons learned.

Remember, these guys are trying to max out what they can extract from you and I.

They aren’t your friends. . And neither is Stern.

#1257 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given the current LE price, when Gomez said the Bond 60th will be "expensive" it was game over for most people.

Isn’t $13k, another big price increase on the LEs, for the same box, lights and coding, just a different theme, “expensive”?

Not sure they grasp what’s happening yet. Stern isn’t immune to the TS4/JJP treatment. That game is “only $15k”.

There is only so far they stick it up our arses before they break the stick off.

The Goose knows.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Problem solved. No Bond 60th for me. I'm on a list with PinballSTAR for Scooby-Doo by Spooky instead.
It won't be as exclusive as a Bond 60th, but should make a great horror+humor pair with my EHoH LE.

Playing my $8k 4 flipper drop target Beatles game now. Love it.

Agree on Scooby too. Don’t like FOMO lists though.

If Bond 60th is worthy I have one coming at slightly above Distro price

Might pass. We will see. It’s just pinball

#1265 1 year ago

Oh. And there is Zero chance that single level Bond can even sniff the jock of 1/2 price GNRCE at $12,500

ZERO.

Let the games begin!

Patience and reality. Let’s go, with the shit show

And compare to Scooby? 1/2 price and then some

Tik Tok

#1289 1 year ago

This game is dead as a doornail right now.

Scooby has scooped up the hype and excitement.

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Different market segments, won't change Bond 60th sales one iota.

It’s still pinball $$$

I agree though, won’t affect sales much, lost one guy in LittleCammi here.

IF $25k initially sales will end up just like BEATLES tiered model. Not good.

#1297 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'll be amused if priced at 20k or less.
People just have to wait. Making spending choices based on rumors & speculation is not a winning plan.

Why amused if less than $20k? I tend to agree but they can’t sell 500 of them above that beyond the Distros, and I’m sure Stern doesn’t care if it collects $15k from them

People that can afford it have been down this road before and know how the story ends. A few will buy regardless.

We are about to find out. The elevator only goes one way. Down

#1299 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Because people throwing around numbers like $25k it's gospel.
Until Stern actually states what it is actually going to be, just speculation.
People are actually getting in a huff about it which to me is just crazy.

People get in a huff about everything. Check the Scooby thread.

Sometimes the speculation is more exciting than the reveal.

It’s what happens here.

#1326 1 year ago

I think Stern is really making other mistakes nobody is talking about.
(And a TLDR: I know of one person who has already paid for their Bond SLE, and showed me proof. This message is about that and the horrible launch of distributor pricing from Stern for both Distros and customers)
I preordered the Gomez LE. I was excited. Then I hear there is a SLE after my money is in. We all know how hard it is to get out of an LE spot. Great, so the system that Stern puts distributors through is bad, but this SLE thing made it worse. To top it off for the LE, Gomez said we will try to get a Goldfinger edition out at some point. Love the honesty, but again shitty thing to do to LE reservation people who had to buy sight unseen. So now I cancel (as I want the SLE or Goldfinger edition) my LE spot by giving it to someone else without me making money. I don't need to profit from it, but man that's annoying to distributors and myself as I have to post it. I am exactly the Elwin SLE demographic, so I assumed I was just getting it even at a high price.
NOW - if they stick to the distributor pricing, that is where it gets more scammy from Stern. They absolutely lost some esteem in my eyes from the Gomez Bond launch, and now we get to pit distributors against each other for better pricing? Not only does this make distributors the bad guys like flippers in many buyers eyes, but it could NOT be a worse experience for customers. Give us the damn price and let it be consistent. I don't need to call 8 people to save $3k. I know around 5 people who were excited for the Bond SLE. Stern has drove all those guys away except for maybe me with their messaging and lack of clarity on this. I don't blame them.
I think Stern believes that distributor pricing helps distributors out after an empty year of releases, but I don't see that happening. There are already deals being done from smaller distributors with cash in hand. That is not supposed to be allowed, but since its always whispering nobody will get caught. I know the number someone bought theirs for - they paid and sent me the email with their number. It's wild. My distributor is awesome, and won't allow anyone to do anything until release. They give zero info, the way they should. But again, it's already another mess in my eyes from Stern, and I agree with my friends now. They got greedy and it makes me more loyal to JJP/CGC even though Stern has the best games in my opinion.

Whomever paid for the Bond 60th already is a fool.

Haven’t even seen it and the Distro should be shot

#1380 1 year ago

No reveal? LEs haven’t sold through. $13k too high.

Now they wait until Jan at CES hoping this is a post Xmas buy.

Inflation up. Markets down. Recession coming.

ZERO chance they sell 500 Elwin Bond pins at $25k

ZERO

You can get a full featured Bond LE for 1/2 price. Which is over priced too

#1387 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My main distro told me 4 people gave him credit card numbers already for this game.

Doubtful. What a crock of BS

You don’t pay for a $25k product typically with a CC.

Secondly, you don’t need to give a Distro anything up front of you are “on the list”

Thirdly, Distros are in on the scalp. They too aren’t our friends

I’m sure there will be a numbers of buyers on
The initial scalp. Then reality will settle in

#1391 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Actually this distro lets me use credit cards at no additional cost to me and my life opps wife loves the 2% back etc.
Yeah he won't take anything up front I think he just wanted to sound like hey FOMO boy, well FOMO boy is now NoMO boy, LOL

I see you have an Elvira 40th as well.

That dog ain’t gonna hunt this time?

#1420 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Unlikely any logic can ever be applied to this one, pricewise.
Personally, kinda sucks they couldn't at least reveal the thing before years end given it was " announced" 3 months ago....realistically, doubtful they could care less....just a game.

I really believe the Bond LEs haven’t sold through as well and they are giving Distros time to lock down that money, getting them delivered, and then the “switchers” don’t have a choice.

My Bond LE arrives tomorrow. My friend received his last weekend. Big potential, barren code, ala BM66

#1421 1 year ago

The future code with ALL of the Bond assets is the MAIN reason the 60th would command more $$$

Nobody wants a $25k TNA

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Distro not making me choose until the 60th is revealed....Im in no hurry ( also a clue that the LE's are certainly not all sold out in owners hands yet)

Good point Mark!

Gomez said the 60th was gonna be revealed “very soon” after the LE reveal. Then he said “maybe the next week” after the stream they did.

So who knows? Gomez doesn’t even know! Ha

#1437 1 year ago

What's up fellas! Our lonely crew of Bond SLE watchers. Kind of sad

It's been a great holidays thus far, haven't opened up the BONDLE yet, gotta wait for another code drop.

Brought my whole office on a RCL cruise from the 11th-18th. I think as a group we broke the bank with max usage of our "drink packages". RCL came out on the losing end of that one.

The party has continued and i'm looking forward to just relaxing with some new Bond news next week! Let's go!

#1449 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do you think we care about any of this?
Is this a “what I did on my winter break” thread?

It's not for you and your troll buddies, ignore it. For my bourbon drinking friends.

Since there is no news from Stern, that's exactly what it is. Take your Stern knee pads off Leeveee.

Now i'm going to take a dump

#1450 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

On my winter break, I was frozen in my home, the airlines cancelled our tickets to visit family during Christmas, and my wife had to pick up shifts at the hospital (including the 25th). So I watched drunk men yell at each other online. I put on a funny Santa hat to make it feel more festive.
60th at CES is my current stab in the dark

That's great Trey, i'm glad you were provided some entertainment. Sucks about xmas travel plans.

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

More interesting news from Dougeeeeee!

Just for you pal. Just another thread to "crap" on for the trolls.

#1455 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

So, how many are in on this game 100%?
Whatever it final form based on the single (likely quite accurate) picture that leaked, whatever its likely cost?

I'd say #1 gotta see it first would make sense for most people.

#2 Pricing i think will matter to most, not some.

Once the FOMO buyers get taken off the top? Who knows.

I'm excited for it because it's James Bond. Not at any price

#1457 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto Doug
Kind of set "not to exceed" price in my head......seeing the reveal will go a long way as to whether I actually bite and take 1 or not....

Should be interesting Mark!

It's "limited to only 500 worldwide", like every other LE that came before it, at 1/3 of the cost maybe?

Lining it up for the celebration brother.

EF7015B8-9579-4BDD-9DFD-DD1A719159CC (resized).jpegEF7015B8-9579-4BDD-9DFD-DD1A719159CC (resized).jpeg
#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Hmmm... This is looking more accurate.... only now its 9-12 days away CES / show reveal.... Also I was told and I'm quoting a very major STERN distributor they were told and this is a huge spread 30k-40k is what they are expecting the SLE 60th 007 to be priced at.

No complaints here. Just gonna grab the popcorn and watch it play out.

#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

If they price it like Elvira 40th, it should settle around $24k after the hype train dies down. That’s still a lot of coin for a pinball machine that collects dust 99% of the time. Looking forward to seeing and playing this thing, in any case.

Def anxious to see it and play it.

Layout should be as good as it can be with Elwin.

Im more interested to see how they integrate ALL the Bond assets in that game.

And how integrated the PF screen will be?

#1471 1 year ago

I really hope this ends up being a positive outcome for all. Including Stern and Distros. Should be a win win.

Hate to see another TS4 type beat down with respect to “pricing”

#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hope Keith Elwin got a fat Christmas bonus this year.

If he’s not someone needs to help him renegotiate his deal

#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I want to start now ( not price).....
Do the games ship first quarter, yes or no....

98% they ship right away imo Mark.

They want to bank that FOMO $$$ as fast as they can.

I figure that’s part of the delay.

They know there is going to be a LOT of positive/negative going on at the jump!

Get em while you can.

4 spinners, $10k for each one?

#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Having them ready to ship as soon as you agree to buy, but maybe not think about it too hard, is one way
If Stern struggles to sell LEs in the future, wouldn't be surprised to see them start the LE run even quicker after launch. People thinking about it for too long and seeing the actual current state of gameplay is bad for sales (Bond in particular considering the early code state)

That is funny. These aren’t the “good old days” when Stern wanted you to write a letter on why you deserve to be able to buy a BM66 CE.

Lots of BondLEs sloshing around out there.

Let’s start the FOMO deliveries even faster?

Yeah I think that jig is up. You can start shipping day one. If it’s $13k it ain’t gonna work anyhow with 1,000 of them. Maybe on a few huge titles?

I’m excited for the Bond 60th just because of ALL the assets.

When the novelty wears off on the scoring reels and 4 spinners with a pf screen what are we left with?

Beatles

#1496 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Beatles is a fun game. Shame they couldn't have made more of these 60ths for us plebs who can only afford 9k toys (by which I mean they chose to not make more and to annoy a lot of fans)

It really is a shame. I guess they figure the Beatles sales model was a failure and now let’s try this one.

Yeah, Beatles is a fun game, not $30k fun. What game is? Won’t be this one either.

Are there 500 high end “collectors” ready to buy now? That’s the question. Because the actual playing of the pin ain’t worth it, sight unseen. About to find out.

This is the trading card mentality full frontal. Get your Michael Jordan 1 of 500 limited courtside jersey edition.

#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I fear a lot of you guys are gonna be disappointed when you realize "assets!" do not always refer to video clips. When they said it's going to represent every film, could be as simple as a weapon on an insert. Anyone who expects some kind of Batman '66 codestravaganza with a unique mode or two for each villain, godspeed.

I’m afraid i agree with that as to what’s coming

For 3x the price of a BM66LE I feel we should expect a special pin. Or whatever it costs

Or should have built a shitload of them and price it like a Beatles Gold.

A weapon from a movie to satisfy “all Bond assets” is pitiful if that’s how it goes.

They need to go some level above the LE, or not

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Stern will go after any license if the product will sell enough to make them a tidy profit. You're all begging like crazy for big ticket games like BTTF and Harry Potter, but these are monstrously expensive licenses.
Stop asking Stern for stuff you can't afford.
Pay up or shut up.

Is that how the Brits do it?

#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m excited for the owner thread started by someone who doesn’t own the game then decides to shit on it to the point it gets shut down.

Ha. No doubt.

Almost forgot one thing. If you have the LE and the 60th then there will be special code and modes to unlock.

They are pulling out all the stops to ring the quinella register.

#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

So if I understand correctly, this game has nothing to do with the current James Bond machines being produced at the moment? Completely different playfield? Two different Bond games run back to back? Let's pit Gomez vs. Elwin and see who is better? I do not understand. Why doesn't Stern have Elwin create a new and different theme? This is confusing.

Because they need Elwin to bring in the big $$$ sales. He’s the Michael Jordan of pinball right now. Lots of pressure to deliver

#1536 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

FOMO train going to run over wallets with Gary Stern Seth Davis yelling “choo choo mothefuckers”

No doubt there will be some in the path of destruction.

I visualize Stern and Seth Davis like the dudes in Mad Max Fury road just picking off FOMO people chasing after Max.

#1553 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I’m relatively new to pinside. How does one quantify whos a high end collector?
How many high end collectors would you guess there are?
Thanks

Well good question. I don’t know the answer.

It’s “just a pinball machine” and they need 500 people to buy now

#1555 1 year ago

Are we having fun yet? I am.

#1556 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There is only one high end collector here and he will brag to all of us, over and over and over again

Well it won’t live up to Magic Girl standards most likely so why would you brag about it?

The high end flipper himself

#1559 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Which one will have a cool hundred dollar contest?

Nobody cares. This is about Bond 60th. Thx

#1562 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Took me awhile, but finally got all the letters from bottles I consumed. Generally only touch the stuff on Friday evenings anymore.....next week could be an exception if I decide to do something stupid...
( could start as early as Tuesday, lol)..

Ha! What the heck is that Mark.

Keep your wits about you brother but it will be hard to avoid the Bond FOMO.

Man I love this theme!

Party begins early on Tuesday.

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yea...different " grades" of the stuff, and each cork has a letter at the back of the horse....
Luck of the draw on which one is on the bottle
[quoted image]

Sweet!

#1584 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You? I mean, we all know you are in on most every game, LE. Not a bad thing of course...Fuck i wish i could be accused of being a stupid high end collector!!!!
Also, roids. Someone please accuse me of taking roids!

Bingo.

#1588 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Humble brag with the (I think) alien pin in the background. Love it. I won’t lie. I’m jealous

And Mark dropped one of the greatest mods ever with the Alien apron.

Not to divert from Bond but since he posted the pic on that Alien had to give props

#1603 1 year ago
1E4F9E41-1A02-4628-B3A3-6ED333B2F373 (resized).png1E4F9E41-1A02-4628-B3A3-6ED333B2F373 (resized).png
#1635 1 year ago

I'm more of a lightweight beer drinker and occasional tequila. I'm afraid to get started on the good bourbon!

One thing i can say for Stern and the Bond 60th release, whether it's good, bad or indifferent, as long as we are praising and/or complaining, that's a GOOD thing for them.

They better start worrying when nobody cares enough to even bitch about pricing or whatever else.

If they don't have all the Bond assets incorporated into the PF screen somehow then that will suck. If i can't see Jaws pop up there then wtf, it's a total waste!!!

#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

Chalk it up to this particular dealer trying to weed out how to handle the excess in interest versus the availability they’ve been given. It’s probably not stern policy but an indication of price atleast.

Not Stern. Just Distro weeding out process

And of course driving FOMO

You get a look on 1/3 and then have to decide right then whether or not you are going in lock down for $5k.

I believe you will always be able to get a game later at $25k

We have already learned this !! I have

#1663 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

Just out of curiosity, who feels comfortable at $25k for this game currently?

Haven’t even seen it yet. So no

It has to blow us away I would think. At least for me.

If “all Bond assets” means sticking art on the PF and that’s it then I’ll be happy with my LE

Surely they don’t think they can Beatle us again? Didn’t work 1st time.

I like Beatles Gold at $8k

#1675 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The game will absolutely 100% not be worth 25k. It’s a 25k speculative item that happens to be a pinball, and maybe someone will pay big bucks for it down the line
It has some similarities with Supreme.
They’ll sell every one of them

These aren’t the same set of dummies that bought a Supreme pin. Gucci fashionistas

How many of those? Less than 100? 50? Ugly garbage

I wouldn’t give you a nickel for one

#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Realistically, how can any game look like it’s worth $25k after reveal. Nothing in the reveal can change that. Even with Elwin designing and Franchi on art, how much more amazing can the layout be than any other single level game?
Literally the only thing driving that kind of value is rarity and FOMO and we already know that.
I can’t think of one thing that would change that. Maybe if we suddenly found out on launch day that Lyman had coded one last masterpiece to rival B66.

A Lyman masterpiece would certainly help.

I can picture the non pinheads walking up to the Stern booth and seeing those Bond pins.

“Wow that’s look cool!, How much?”

$25k. Shocked look on faces, speechless, jaws dropped, walking away from the booth laughing their asses off, “what kind of idiot would pay that much for a pinball machine”.

That’s anyone outside of our hobby!

Sadly, I can remember thinking wtf was wrong with me for spending $5200 on a LOTRLE 12 yrs or so ago.

#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lyman isn’t going to be making any more pinball machines.
Maybe it’s time to stop bringing him up every time a new pinball machine gets announced. It’s unseemly.

Really, no more Lyman games?

Love Lyman and what he did. All his games are my favorites. He is the THE standard of coding greatness

It’s not unseemly. Nothing wrong with remembering greatness ffs. Lyman needs to be at the top of the pinball Hall of Fame

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Gomez already said it has the poster art on both sides so it's probably going to look very similar to the leaked photo below.
[quoted image]

There you go. “All the Bond assets”.

Let the New Year’s party and drinking commence!

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You keep saying they can’t ask $25k for a game without Lyman Doing it. You don’t think that’s a little weird?
Come on bro.

That ain’t what anybody is saying. They can ask whatever they want. They think Elwin is the $25k goose.

Elvira was done by Lyman, his last masterpiece. He’s just the best ever and the standard by which a $25k coded Bond is going to be judged.

The real future problem isn’t this Bond 60th of which 500 isn’t really “limited” at that price. Never been done before

It’s the FUTURE price of LEs, premium and pros.

The Golden Goose might be wearing down

#1695 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Didn’t realise he said that.
Even so, say it’s got new reels, a new way of implementing an on pf screen, and an incredible topper, what could possibly make it worth almost double Bond LE that we dont already know?
Likewise, how bad could it possibly be on launch that you would suddenly say it was not worth $25k?
You’re either in or out at this point. I don’t see how reveal will change anything.

100% think $25k was the number from day one and I get Stern starting there.

I hope it kicks ass and looks phenomenal. I want one because of the theme. I don’t care that Elwin is on the layout. Have a few of his great games.

That PF screen though, i feel it’s gonna get old. Don’t pay much attention to it on the OG Alien and they took it out of the reboot for a reason.

Some light show scoring feels cool stuff is great BUT the only reason pinball advanced to where we are today at these $$$ is the LCD and video assets.

Thanks Jack for that.

#1697 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The main problems I have with this image is:
1 No reals in the back-box.
2 Stern does not make forward placed toppers with square backing.
3 Elwin himself asked, “what makes you think the image is real?” Casting big time doubt on it.
4 Its just plain ugly with almost no forethought from an artistic view, even 60s art view.
5 For rumored $25k or there about, it has to be much better than this?

Supposedly that represents the image someone took in Europe where they were going to originally reveal. And there is some view of the pf as well.

Can’t be enough gimmicks in it to make it work. You gotta love that theme first and foremost.

#1701 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Disagree. The actual reveal of the game will tell us a lot more about the game than a mere rendering we have seen to date. And then there’s the price and consequent supply/demand and how I see the future might play out. Then I have some more (but it necessarily enough) intel to decide whether I’m in or out. I don’t have enough to decide at this point.

In other words you have to see it first ? Wtf!

Then you have to drop down the $5k instantly. Or not

At least we are having some pin release fun!

#1704 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Nope - the previous poster was of the view that you are either in or out at this point. I’m neither as I don’t know enough and how it will play out.

Got it. Nobody is in or out right now of course. Because, none of knows anything other than the pictures we have seen and now $25k price point

Don’t forget, Stern will sell all of them to Distros at prob $15k.

After that, the fun begins.

#1706 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I was posting based on the $25k quoted earlier. So assuming it’s $25k what’s going to change your mind at reveal? We know it’s Elwin and we know it’s single level. Both huge ticks. We know it’s based on all Bond movies. Huge tick. Supply demand - 500 only. Huge FOMO tick. We’ve heard the art is posters as per the render. Meh.
What else is there? Code? If normal Bond is anything to go on, we won’t know the status of that for 12 months.

Are there enough people in the world, 500, that would pay that for a stripped down single level, scoring reels, mini pf screen game no matter who designs it?

You have to think the THEME alone gets it done. And it’s not working on the LE.

Is the 60th somehow going to blow out the LE 2x? Not a chance. That’s why they waited so long to collect all the LE $$$ before releasing this game at $25k

Don’t forget, Gomez already said he wants to do a Goldfinger LE version.

That’s why Distros like the email that was sent are already pumping this “non refundable” gig hard. This particular distro is way overstating his “demand”. I’m on it and have zero interest of buying there.

I believe this will end up settling way below $20k. 500 way to many. Distros make $$$ to buying at $15k, same as Elvira. Just wont get the eye gouger

Never in history. That many at that price.

#1711 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, going to be interesting. I’m thinking we get 30-ish down here. That’s allot at AUD$30-40k. Stupid money really. But there’s no Premium or Pro, so 30 only. Mind you, there’s probably only 30-ish Beatles down here, and they’re not getting AUD$30-40 for those regardless of which colour armour.

No matter what, it’s still just a box with lights as Gary said on Star Wars.

How many games do we all need? Same thing different theme.

Jig is up and the Fat Lady Goose is singing

Throw in some tax and shipping?

People can just buy an overpriced LE, premium or pro. Like I did

The demand pull forward is catching up

#1713 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

…and a Mona Lisa is just canvas with paint slapped on it, lol. Price is a feature. Stupid pricing will not be a good feature, even if it’s a da Vinci (Elwin).

There is no pinball Da Vinci. Or 500 Mona Lisa paintings

Stern and the Distros will make plenty of $$

If you haven’t learned yet then this will be the lesson learned.

Neither are our friends. Some try and stoke the FOMO train and lock people in like the email that was sent out by “that guy”

That is why “that guy” who got me once ain’t getting it again.

That guy is asking for deposits NOW

#1716 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Who the F**k is "that guy" trying to pull this?....I'd never spend a dime there......

#1718 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I predict they will sell a few for $25k or whatever, then you'll see distribs fire selling them for just over cost. 500 is just too many.

Common sense

#1722 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I’m think Elvira 40th price will rise after this!!!!
I hope.

Yeah prob not but it’s a great game.

Time to “drain the swamp”

#1731 1 year ago

This must be the greatest Stern pinball machine of all time right?

What’s the price competition for Stern historically?

Elvira 40th at $25k initially and dropped like a lead balloon. 200 made

Beatles Diamond?

500 of these and they are swinging for the fences.

Scoring reels that blow us away?

Hey, haven’t opened up my Bond LE yet in case these things are the greatest Stern pin in history

It won’t be. Just played some STHLE, BM66LE, GBLE, GZLE, JPLE and my old fave TWDLE, another Lyman masterpiece

Chickens are coming home to roost

#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

George is too smart to throw a licensor under the bus. I was surprised though how direct he was about it being their fault Bond launched with less code than planned. It’s about as blunt as you ever hear him.
I doubt the “you can only use movie posters” approach was one Stern chose on their own.

The Bond slot machines are fun.

The artwork is what one would expect. Not surprised the pin art looks very similar.

I like it myself, the movie posters. I don’t know how else you would incorporate all Bond movies. Then again, I’m not creative

#1777 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, we’ll have to agree to disagree.
“How can they charge $25k for this game when Lyman didn’t do the software?!” is unseemly.
It’s like complaining that Wakanda movie tickets cost $20 and Chadwick Boseman isn’t even in it.

Nobody is saying that you Crazy Leveeee! Just making shit up again

Ffs. You are one sensitive Stern defender. Just like Panzer and JJP.

LYMAN SHEETS, the coding King may he RIP

#1778 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Agree. However, when in Vegas a few weeks ago I couldn't find one in the several casinos we visited. Was really bummed.

Bellagio has some but the Cosmopolitan has the best bank of Bond pins.

A lot of casinos, especially Caesars, have gone away from licensed slots.

#1803 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Maybe you do. Not everyone is a lunchbox collector. I've been in the hobby long enough to remember loving great games based on garbage movies I don't care about (Congo, Shadow, JM, DM). Even a "great" film like Jurassic Park, at the end of the day, I don't really care about a popcorn movie I haven't seen in 25 years. But the game is phenomenal, and nailed to my floor.
Bond 60th SLE will live or die for me based on layout, code, art, callouts, music and that indescribable special sauce, the feeling you get playing a game where it all comes together. If I just wanted to watch movies, I could save a whole lot of money.

My point is that for me anyhow, a $25k purchase starts with theme, the rest of it is secondary and I’d expect it to come together nicely for the $$$

Most other pins, I agree with you. As for “special sauce” pins. For me it’s BM66, TWD, EHOH, Alien, TBL and STH. Everything else can go at some point

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe we'll find out tomorrow. Since it's fun to speculate I'll put in my guess:
It will not have a ton of modes. Everything we think we know points to the opposite:
Single level playfield likely means a throwback to older, more basic solid state games. My guess is Elwin's layout is not meant for long ball times, and 'modes'.
Physical score reels, if that part is true, point at simpler scoring based rules.
Limited to 500 doesn't point to making complicated software a priority, or lots of updates like other Elwin games. Why spend all that energy if you can't sell more, and few will be on location to attract people?
My guess is this is "another Beatles" just with an Elwin layout instead of a tweaked Seawitch. Simpler rules, easy to pick up and play, aimed at rich collectors not 'hardcore' players. Will play the Bond theme a lot, have callouts from the various movies, and be something guests can enjoy easily.
Who the fuck knows, that's just my guess and logic.

Ditto that Aurich. 500 Beatles “Diamond editions” at $25k

Along with the additional modes to unlock for the “rich guys” that have SLE and LE

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t see how it can be simple and cover all the bond films.

Posters on the cab and some additional music? Villain and gadget art?

Not long now!

#1948 1 year ago

All the anticipation and basically got what we expected, no real surprises.

It’s a Beatles Gold without the LCD and MAYBE a slightly better layout.

Hat spinner = Record spinner.

The positive? They didn’t try and stiff people for $25k

#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Iceman -- are you in?

$20k? Nope.

It’s below the LE and premium

#1971 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

$20k? Nope.
It’s below the LE and premium

Bring on the Goldfinger LE

#1986 1 year ago

Back to the drawing board for Stern

This model ain’t gonna work

How about the guys putting down $5k “non-refundable” deposits sight unseen with one Distro.

#2047 1 year ago

The outrage over TS4CE at $15k.

Warranted and justified.

I still would like one but nothing close to $20k

Stern just got JJP Ed I think.

Where is Crazy Levi at?

#2051 1 year ago

Somebody post the Goodfellas laughing pic

Distros trying to get $25? No way that’s true

#2266 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure what you want me
To say. Game looks like it’ll be awesome to play. Price is ridiculous.
Like you said yourself, exactly what we all expected.
I know of at least two sold within a mile of me so I’ll be able to play it soon. Can’t wait!

Just wanted you to chime in.

Bubble burst or prices keep going up?

#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The game looks creative and exciting to me.
"Innovation" is a pointless buzzword in pinball.

So does the Beatles game many of us like a lot.

It’s just pinball, great theme however

#2387 1 year ago

For $20k it’s def subject to HIGH scrutiny, just like the JJP TS4 beat down.

This is a minor thing but I’ve been thinking this after buying the LEs over the years, no offense to these guys but I don’t get excited with Elwin, Stern or any auto on the game other than

GNR band members, Adam West or Elvira

The brochure says the new CEO is also signing the 60th games?

#2393 1 year ago

That is one of the things turning me off.

I’m a Bond addict too!

The LE will suffice and is looking great

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think just a certificate, so you can show your date you have an actual Bond 60th limited game, and not a Chinese bootleg.

Ha! That’s right. Pretty tough to bootleg but have those certificates scattered about

#2526 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are definitely in “this food looks terrible…and such tiny portions!” Territory with this crew, but I’m not sure what you expected. People have been edging on this for months and you have to give them their sweet release.
Like a puppy with a new toy they’ll tire themselves out and pass out.
The only thing I wasn’t expecting was the deluge of people who STILL think somehow stern can sell commercial pinball machines for “4-5K!” And not go out of business.
Folks. Accept it. Never again will you see a brand new, commercial pinball machine for $4-5k.
Why do I have to keep reminding you all of this?! It’s impossible!

Let’s not cry any rivers for Stern

I figure JJP and Stern are behind the real market by 6-12 months or so.

Spooky, CGC, AP etc are the winners of these price increases.

$13 LEs? $10k premiums and heading towards $8k pros?

Just like JJP, Stern has misread the market. I realize they have a big backlog, or at least did before announcing increases on games people have put a deposit down for over a year.

Stern simply doesn’t care what we think as long as we keep paying the hikes.

Well the jig is up imho, we ain’t talking about $4-$5k games anymore.

When did STH come out? $8,700 for that LE. 500 of those

I tried hard to get there on the 60th game as much as I love Bond, just can’t get in the same ballpark.

Then what’s next? As a habitual LE buyer over the years, no mas at $13k/1,000 pins for me, I don’t care what it is or who designs it.

It’s just pinball.

New people to the hobby? Doubt it, Covid and free $$$ caused a massive pull forward in Demand of just about everything

A new phenomenon exists. Buy a game today and lose $$$. That’s probably the way it’s meant to be BUT not everybody gonna like that.

Especially the flippers that fueled the insanity.

BondLE, Bond 60th, TS4? Just the beginning of the worn out Goose.

Does Stern care right now about Bond 60th? No they get all their cash in full this week.

It’s the Distros that are going to get stuck holding the bag.

Oh, and then there are many more releases coming to load up on inventory.

At these prices? Yeah the reality check is upon us.

Some will continue to think, no worries, the party never ends and the road goes on forever.

That’s ok, still have plenty of options and fun to be had in this hobby

Congrats to those that get it and love it!

#2527 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Whose selling this for 18k? That’s a quick price drop if true.

It’s true.

#2547 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can’t get there at $18k?
What would it take?
How can you resist this? You know you want it!

Good question. What would it take? I def want it but …

I actually like the artwork. The interview did it for me. Not my cup of tea, a throwback game for $18k. Beatles fills that void.

But I can see why some people will like it. Totally different retro style.

All pinball is fun

#2548 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t know where all this “no content” stuff is coming from. It’s gaining steam with zero evidence. Why would they buy this license and not use any of that stuff?

The brochure doesn’t highlight any of it and the interview with Keith and Pacheco didn’t allude to much code wise

Even they talked about probably no more throwback games in the future, pinball is a “ramp lovers” game for the masses

Wish they would elaborate if more movie assets are in the game other than artwork, which is cool imo

And they expected very few if any to make on location. Didn’t have to state the obvious

#2555 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ice, didn’t you say you were out if the price started with 2? Well it doesn’t. Let’s go you know you want it!

Lol. I do want it, just don’t need it.

The other Bond works for me. Looks very cool and different though.

#2559 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I agree. I just read the transcript of the interview with Elwin. Can someone please prove this no content rumor?
https://insider.sternpinball.com/documents/27/SIPP_Bond_60th_final_transcript.pdf
The only thing I found was this quote that maybe people must of misunderstood.
"Keith: To give you an idea how much studying Mark has done, he knows all his
different chimes. We have a chime sound package that's selectable. He's like, "This
chime package, it does five hits and then pause, five hits and pause. And this one does
three just based on various eras of electromechanical games." That's how much
homework he did in some of these sound packages he's putting together"

A retro game with a modern twist of multi balls and “a couple of wizard modes if you can call it that”.

Listening to the interview they didn’t elaborate on content much beyond the “chimes”

Talked a lot about the cool scoring reels being much faster and fun short ball times

#2563 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The key phrase in that quote was, ""sound package that's selectable".

That’s good. What about the movie video content? Assuming very little if any, not on brochure or mentioned in interview.

If you like a retro game with modernized elements then that’s how they describe it. Selectable sound packages will be fun with “slot machine effects” too

They also say the retro single level pin is most likely a “one off” for them

#2582 1 year ago

Ok nice. Bond girls prominent all over the cab and back glass.

Pussy Galore should have made the PF though.

The art package, matches the game, “retro”

How else do you get all Bond assets in/on the game?

Front of the cab? What happened there?

#2729 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Unlike the other versions-this has all of the 007 assets. How well they implement them-TBD I have faith Elwin will not disappoint

Elwin has nothing to do with code implementation on this game per him.

What you see is what you get. Like it, get it, but it’s true retro with a few multi balls

It will be about the “insider achievements” which is what Pacheco said he was brought to Stern originally for.

#2808 1 year ago

I already bought the game based on the idea there would be clips. My deposit was in before yesterday. Most/All Stern movie/show pins have clips in there right? The article from the Gomez interview i posted above says insinuates it has them too. That is my point. If it's like JP and has non-movie clips that do stuff I guess that's that. I would just be upset that interviews pointed to this having clips and nobody from Stern clearing that up. Just be honest

I feel your pain and don’t blame you.

Some people like myself as well want the movie assets and music too on the $20k pin

What a concept. If you are actually buying one why wouldn’t you.

I’ll just assume it’s a no until they confirm otherwise.

#2812 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

You are 100% in the right. The issue isn't whether the game has movie clips or not. The issue is whether clarity was provided by the company.
In one of the interviews, or maybe the reveal, Gomez smiles broadly and laughs, "Oh yeah! Jaws is in there!! How could we do a Bond pin without Jaws?"
Why would anyone assume that this reasonably communicated there would be a tiny cut and paste on the playfield?
And even today everything is intentionally vague. One video from CES... of the topper ?!?

But it does matter the movie clips for the immersion.

Yes, Alien is MUCH better with the video!

#2816 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Why would anyone assume it means there's a video clip of him? It is first and foremost a machine, a game. If he's on the machine, or a part of the game in any capacity, he's "there."

Because it has a video screen. That’s why

It’s a simple question. Yes or no

#2822 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

We have 57 pages of people pissed about some aspect of every single game they release, yet they continue to sell more units for more money and are in the process of moving to a factory double the current size. They're too busy counting money to sweat the haters.

We get it. They don’t give a shit

#2842 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Kelly also edited the shit out of the clips for Alien. Nothing is just played back from the movie, it's all chopped and cut to be fast paced and more like DMD animations. That was our mandate for the LCD, keep it in the DMD spirit. Being the anti-Stern Indiana Jones was our guiding star.
You never have to sit there and watch a bunch of people talking, or even an overly long action sequence.
I don't have the sense this licensor would tolerate cutting their precious Bond films up.

I love Alien for the job they did. Huge part of the game.

Jaws is included as an insert after all.

I’ll stick with the LE, more my style

#2912 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The backglass features all 6 of the "official" bonds. The cabinet and playfield artwork does too. I mean, there you have it. If you are the "ultimate james bond fan" and want to celebrate 60 years of the franchise, that should suffice. I mean, if you are the ultimate James Bond fan, and have never owned (or even played) a pinball machine in your life, seems like this lives up to the ad copy.

Ok Crazy Panzer.

#2953 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I predicted here that this would be the case months ago. The idea that they were gonna somehow shove 60 years and 25 movies into this thing in every way seemed pretty ridiculous to me.
Post #35 in this thread, referring to the "covers all movies" aspect:

Pinside always invents its own fantasy game, and then is disappointed when reality intrudes.
Have you placed your order for the machine yet? You know you want to!

Not gonna do it but I get why others would.

Stern doesn’t give a F and they are playing hide the ball with the “all Bond assets”

It’s ok with me, is what it is.

For $20k we get to invent our “own fantasy game” that we might want

Didn’t you listen to the interview? Says it all

#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

I wonder if there will be another Bond machine after this one.
It seems like their style to use a license as much as they possibly can.
Some sort of vault edition, 'special' run or the like.
Personally, the women of James Bond would have my interest
So would the cars~! Eh, never happen but fun to imagine.
If the licensing allows I think that they will add another title to this lineup.

Gomez already said Goldfinger LE

But yeah, I’d love a Pussy Galore version.

#2964 1 year ago

I have some music playing in my head right now, “Scooby Dooby Doo, Where are you”.

Are we having fun yet Crazy?

#2967 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

If I’ve learned anything collecting Porsches, it’s that weird models that people want but can’t afford hold their value well - especially down the line.
I’m not going to flip this game. But I also know 10 years from now it’s going to be very valuable. Also, just being honest, there are 3 Gomez 007s near me to play on location.

“Very valuable”? Ok

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Totally agree, I would also love a Pussy Galore version, but let’s talk about pinball.

What? Bond pussy galore? Let’s talk about how more of it is in the game.

Btw, please don’t take any offense if you disagree with my takes on this game.

Not personal. For the $$$ and my own expectations, well, I’m disappointed thus far, doesn’t mean it won’t be awesome. I doubt it for me

The Stern “attitude” needs an adjustment and is about to get one. Goose is hobbling for the future.

They are a year behind. See Disney stock.

#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

"know" may be the wrong word. "hope" is probably more suitable.

And “won’t” is more accurate

#2982 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

All these talkers about being real Bond fans and collectors…
How many own that Gottleib, Golden Eye, Gomez and are ordering a 60th.
Bet the number is zero

Price it like a Gottlieb PSW?

Expect a lot more from Stern. Don’t give a crap about those old Bond antiques

#2987 1 year ago

It is not like any of the other Sterns we have bought over the last 15 years have gone up in value. That is not hope, that is fact!

That’s a reason to consider this BOHICA move.

But Crazy Panzer says the “bubble is now bursting”.

I’m the total idiot that dumped $6k into the home brew project so wtf do I know.

I have a passion for pinball. What can I say

#2988 1 year ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

This is what happens when we lead some people to believe they're gods amongst men (Elwin). They slap their name to a piece of turd and expect to sell it like gold.

That’s Stern. Not Elwin’s fault.

I don’t give a F about what any “designer” comes up with. He’s come up with some great ones. 2 are still with me and 2 are gone.

The magic secret sauce is in the code.

RIP Lyman. GOAT

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

is the video still posted here

It’s sell the FOMO first and then video reality, much later.

Nobody has ever sold 500 pins of ANY game at $20k and is a F job to the unsuspecting folks that don’t get the FOMO factor.

If you love it, I can see it, I really like the artwork for what it is and want one. The veterans can make their own judgment

The UK might take what’s left

#3012 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Where is Sanchez? Best Bond villain

Negative. The Dirty Sanchez cartel villain is good but so many better ones

#3018 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Unfortunately I can't think of any other reason why they would ask them to remove the video.
I also find it odd that the Stern trailers did not show any of the text that appears on the playfield screen. I saw nothing on that screen in OC Pinball's video other than text telling you what to shoot for. If there were movie clips or something then ok maybe, but there was nothing like that. These tactics of not showing us full gameplay just don't make me feel good about a pinball release, and I'm the type who gets hyped over pretty much any release.

I’m over hyped too. Why is this game at CES if they are afraid to show the F ing thing.

Haven’t they had plenty of time to get their shit together?

Pitiful Stern.

#3028 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The internet remembers!
[quoted image]

Ughhhh.

#3035 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Stuff not meant to be out to the public is often at trade shows, the no photography/video thing is quite common especially at CES with WIP tech

When you are collecting $$$ I don’t care where the F it is.

And CES? Nobody there gives a shit about pinball machines.

The “Stern attitude” is on its last Golden Goose leg. Yep

They just don’t know it yet

All you have to do is actually listen to that interview with Elwin and Pachinko

#3362 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

WTH? That's from demandecan55 - he was one of the super stoked "I'm buying it before I see it" guys.

Terrible that a Distro would offer up the game sight unseen with a $5k non refundable deposit.

Live and learn. But the Distro shouldn’t hold him to that

#3364 1 year ago

Ha, I am sure it would look great with mirror blades and I have no issue buying some. But it's the principle.... 20k and no art blades on an "SLE" type of game? That and no clips just says they are treating their customers like crap and just want to milk our money. It makes me really sad to see how cheap they went on this.
I hope Stern reads this. It's embarrassing to put your name on something and not have the guts to answer the question of "will it have movie clips?" or even throw in $60 art blades. I won't be getting a LE Foo Fighters after this either. I'm taking a break. I will still love my current Stern games, but I learned a lesson on trusting companies to care here. It's funny, so many other people here said this before release but I drank the Kool-Aid. I do think the shots look great, but it's hard to shake the feeling that they are cheating customers horribly here.
It's funny that all my friends know how positive I am about pinball and Stern. They all reached out via text to tell me how sorry they were that Stern threw in the towel. They don't see my messages here, they are not into pinside as much. They just saw the product and texted me. That says a lot really. I appreciate them, and I understand it's just part of the hobby. I will live without my art blades... I'll just be salty about it.

Count yourself as just one of many “learning the lessons”.

I get the excitement level and passion but your Distro didn’t do you any favors either.

#3369 1 year ago

As far as some being “mad” or “outraged”, I mean it is what it is and who really cares.

Stern is doing it to themselves. Just like JJP

“Past performance is not indicative of future results”

It’s not really the ridiculous $20k Bond 60th

Let’s see how things evolve as people have to keep choking down these price increases

The future might look a little different

#3371 1 year ago

Im fine with it, I knew the rules. I had an unmissable work call before release and knew it would sell out on Stern's site. I didn't ask my distro for the deposit back, I don't feel like that's the right thing to do.
I have a ton of responses on the ad, so we will see. If not, I will keep it. I won't go any lower. It does look fun to shoot! I just hate the shady tactics from Stern here. Stern has lots of inquiries on if this game includes movie clips. They won't respond to it. And I guess they won't until they are sold out. That is pathetic if you ask me. Drop 20k to not answer a simple question.

Great attitude and couldn’t agree more. Shady as shit Stern tactics. It’s what they do

#3395 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I mean, if Ice is shit talking Stern....that speaks volumes. He's usually got nothing but praise for them.

I usually like all pinball Zabs

I’m only one guy but it seems like many others feel the same way?

I love my Stern games but I’m going to try and regain a level of sanity that both JJP and Stern have pushed to new levels of insanity.

Scooby Dooby Doo, where are you!

#3404 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Name a single recent pro with 3 sets of drop target banks
Seriously, what pro do you think has more than this game? You can cut out the scoring reels, armor, and topper if you want. Just go playfield mechs for playfield mechs.

WPT. Drop target Heaven. Ugly game but fun.

#3413 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Also we need to highlight that Ice isn’t a buyer on this but he was totally fine with paying an alcoholic who only eats discount meat to bolt a bunch of crap to a piece of scrap plywood to the tune of $6K.
I think that really is the mic drop.

Exactly, and in a strange way I feel much better about that $6k and ongoing project

#3417 1 year ago

There is no right or wrong here.

Love it, hate it, whatever.

I evaluate companies and businesses and their “future” prospects for a living.

Sometimes get it wrong but more often right.

In my humble view, it appears to me that the risk/reward setup at the moment is to the downside, significantly, especially for Stern and JJP.

Think businesses can’t drop, then you aren’t paying attention to Tesla, Apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon and basically the entire technology sector. Oh let’s throw in Disney for good measure.

Pinball is not immune from a downturn which I predict is coming this year.

It will start with the Distros, already nervous, about having to choke down future allotments and sitting on boxes collecting dust.

Way overbought and businesses usually revert back to the mean, up or down.

#3420 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Noice
I gotta show you the current status of my build sometime. Almost ready for the third playfield (and hopefully last) revision

Can’t wait. Creative props and talent Trey!

#3438 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I'm curious, I wasn't around at the time, but were people this angry when the Elvira 40th came out? Which, by the way was well over 20k. Which, also, by the way you could get the exact same game in a much cheaper version. Is that what is pissing people off the most is this game is not available is a cheaper version?

Not a good comparison

For the “collector”, there were 200 of them.

Overpriced? Sure.

Gorgeous, full featured beauty and the King Lyman’s final game

Sold my LE for the 40th. Same game with some nice extras.

I got milked. It felt ok on that one

If you love this Bond 60th then that’s all that matters brother!

#3473 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Maybe it’s time to split this into two threads. “Hype thread” and “Salty Whining about a product I’m not purchasing thread.”
I get not liking the pricing. It’s absurd. But surely, some of you looping on the same argument have something better to do?

Not really. Consider it therapy.

No need to get defensive and it’s not personal

Trust me. I’ve taken more slings and arrows than anyone here over the years and it’s ok. I’ve defended a shit ton of games just like this. Mostly Stern.

Laughed at for years for buying Stern LEs. Who’s laughing now? Maybe it will be you down the road.

This is the place to work out your demons/passion

#3477 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Feel free to start your own “Bond 60th Reconsidered” thread and see if you can get some momentum.
Here’s one I made for Bond after that release prompted similar outrage. I think both the thread and game have aged well! Beatles is fantastic and remains one of Stern’s best games. Make the road by walking and make it so!:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-reconsidred-all-you-need-is-love

Beatles is great. Especially for $7,500

Whenever you purchase something unless it’s a chili dog from a street vendor then you think about what it costs. Sorry, human nature.

#3488 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Money gets you some things:
[quoted image]
but not everything:
[quoted image]
(Twitter is so stupid now.)

I never used Twitter before. Now I just submitted for the blue check mark.

What a deal!!!!!

#3501 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Twitter is counting on you Doug. Your $8 can feed and clothe a Twitter engineer for a whole month.
Operators are standing by!
[quoted image]

I don’t know what it really means but if I’m gonna post something I’d like it to not go to the bottom of the barrel Aurich

Actually plan on using it for upcoming fantasy baseball and football. Great news feed, local beat writers are the best info

#3509 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I subscribe to lots of services that bring me value, but I have to say, none of them have a CEO who could dunk on me for giving him money.

I think I love that right?

He has created how many jobs and was the green energy king until Twitter?

I wouldn’t bet against Elon long term

#3530 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Elon is a fraud, top to bottom. I’ve been fairly relentless calling him out, and have done network TV and major media calling him out on it. I was in WSJ just a few weeks ago talking about it.
It’s why he went after me like a child.
When you start digging deeply into any of his companies, you start to understand the pattern. Hype, lie, overpromise, mislead investors and regulators.
The only real product is the stock price.

The stock price is in the toilet. Hmm, so that was you and not a coincidence

And yet he just raised a shitload of financing on SpaceX.

I would listen to his quarterly conference calls and think the same thing. Hype, lie and overpromise.

Real product? TSLA is still going to dominate the Ev market and battery technology.

Just like everyone else, he needs to be held accountable for his actions.

Yet the SEC doesn’t seem to think there is any actionable violations. As we know they are bought and paid for just like the DOJ

#3533 1 year ago

Since I am new here and all this hate is shocking. When does the next phase of this nonsense happen? When games ship and people play them and report back that it’s fun? Is that when the FOMO kicks in?

The FOMO has left the building. It usually starts way before and ends with people falling all over themselves to get a game.

The jig is up and over.

FOMO is no more. It’s now FOBI. “Fear of being included”.

#3545 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Until Keiths next cornerstone.

You think? I’m out no matter who does it Cookie.

What was Jurassic Park and Godzilla pricing? Can’t recall.

500 JP, awesome game, below average theme for me. Same for Godzilla. 1,000 LE is a shit ton and when you go over $10k for a premium?

It’s a big hell nah for me.

Will I get crucified for selling both games for more $$$?

Don’t really care. It’s just a box with lights and for me, Lyman was the secret sauce

When they drop future titles at these price levels, I’ve lost interest. Just me, one guy and I think many others

F it. I’m pulling out my golf clubs this spring

#3555 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This doesn't even make the top 20. Pinside has clearly been going soft while I was on break, all these new people thing this is vitriolic.

The top 500 threads! Ha.

The old days were Wild West but at least you could argue, get mad, and then hug it out.

Today, it’s very “soft”

#3560 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Probably not the place or time to ask, but was it mentioned when these were shipping?

I think they said March Mark? Never know these days

#3589 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are you even really generating salt on Pinside until a podcaster offers a $10,000 bounty for you to be fired? Step it up people!
The Jpop thread smokes this one, and the Predator thread pisses on the ashes.

And GWJ. It’s been a journey.

I was in on Alien, not Predator but tried to help him. Like Jpop, I never learn

It all ends well Aurich. Can’t be happier with Alien.

Thankful to just be part of it all.

Can’t we all just get along?

#3599 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Been in far more toxic threads than this ( getting a bit out of hand though...suspect the new anger threads come out when the games actually land...yin/yang crap then...vitrol gets potent...thread ejects, locks, etc.)
Think the WOZECLE was absolutely a brutal thread several years ago......that and Alien were excruciating at times (parking lot drivebys, legit pitchforks, blatent threats ( as Aurich stated)......
This will die, and mostly vanish when the next game is out......

No doubt Mark. Where it all began for me.

WOZ and Jack. An LCD screen with video. Thought that was very cool. $6,500 was crazy back then

Here we are today. Pin life goes on. All good

#3820 1 year ago

I might be the only one that likes the artwork.

I like seeing all the Bond movie posters. What do you expect

Love the Bond girls. Pussy Galore

I’m gonna add them all up and it could sway a decision!

#3824 1 year ago

Billy out

Maple in

Bond girls.

#3827 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is the biggest shocker in Pinside history!

Hey those Bond girls on the left side of the cab and back glass are trying to reel me back in !

#3837 1 year ago

Well none of us “need” any pinball machine.

The “want” factor depends on theme 1st for me and then everything else.

Or does it. Who knows at this point.

Drinking does not lead to good decision making. Or does it? Go with your heart versus head

#3839 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Topper is fantastically underdeveloped. Artwork ( sorry Doug!) looks like the licensor gave up but hat spinner looks adequate.
Price is pure, unadulterated, insults. I grew up with Bond. Love the franchise. Even at 8 grand I’d be scratching my head.
Question: what shot has ‘never been done’ according to Gomez?

You aren’t wrong either Rick.

#3846 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think it varies. I think theme desire creates the real FOMO out the gate. I'm not a Bond fanatic, so, I have no FOMO for this or the peasant models (hehe). However, that mindset can change once you've played it. I would never have pre-ordered an AC/DC, but when I played it I loved it and sought one out.
For many though there is a cost ceiling no matter what it is.

The “cost ceiling” and rationalizing keeps going higher and higher.

I think the real problem is coming for Stern and JJP. They have busted through the ceiling.

$13k LEs
$10k Premiums
$8k Pros

JJP already knows this with TS4

Thus Bond 60th is just another one off for a few hundred people that actually buy it.

Theme is big for me on Bond. Can’t think of much else I’ll want

#3847 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Dammit man. You’re supposed to be the voice of enlightenment. Go pound back a few and come back in here enlightened.

Im pounding some right now in Breckenridge on the way to Steamboat Springs tomorrow for a big country music festival.

Like I said, drinking the local iPa’s is not conducive to rational thought.

#3848 1 year ago

Ha! Hell yes. Let’s go!

Maybe can get some custom work on that pf screen done.

#3851 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Yeah you guys can pull each others Cranks

Ha, you ain’t wrong either. I would not participate in any circle jerking.

#3867 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

It’s “exclusive”.

Until it’s not. Stern is the new Slim Shady

#3868 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Can’t even delete it. Moderators: feel free to clean her up. Image isn’t even on my phone. Trust me, I’d know. Cute though.

No clean up necessary. Wtf

#4074 1 year ago

eh true, I get your point. Their marketing material does indicate it's exclusive over and over again. Does seem like a pretty big mistake actually. They should probably do the right thing here and keep it exclusive.

Don’t let the negativity get you down. Pinball is MOSTLY great.

At least that’s my experience the past 12 years I’ve participated on Pinside and buying great games, getting to talk about them here, good and bad, and most importantly getting help from fellow Pinsiders on technical issues

There are some NOT great parts of it as well, just like anything else. Scams emerge, Distributors and yes the manufacturers will do shady things and we have seen a lot of that over the years.

Thus, the necessary “negative” side of pinball.

It’s a FUN ride, Pinside is what YOU make of it and I tell myself many times to focus on the MOSTLY good part of pinball.

Bond is a great theme and I’m sure you will love both games, which is all that matters.

Also, when you around long enough you will get to know the really good people that might be justified is saying negative things and don’t mean it as anything personal. You will end up disagreeing and making friends with them

Those are the motives of MOST here, not all

#4080 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I love Stern, own 5 machines with another on order. That doesn’t mean I cannot be honest about a mistake they made. They materially misrepresented a topper that is a significant part of the collectibility of a collectible item priced extremely high because of its scarcity. I don’t see how you can interpret the images from the flyer and video any other way.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That brochure is reviewed and approved at different levels, I would think by the legal department as well, before it goes out.

It is a “material misrepresentation”.

They probably changed their posture AFTER the brochure was produced and MAYBE didn’t realize it. Still, it’s on THEM

CGC did the same thing with the topper on Cactus Canyon.

A real kick ass topper btw as we all know, it was “exclusive” until it wasn’t.

Stern’s attitude on pricing and things like this is “so what, people keep buying them”. That sentiment is from some that deal directly with them.

I’m being negative and factual at the same time. The positive is they make some great games that people keep buying.

#4139 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

A lot of people can't afford a $20k toy. It's just a fact, there's always going to be a bit of a classist element to these conversations.
You gotta read the room, overly flexing—or telling people to stop whining so you can enjoy your purchase—isn't going to go over well.
But I think what's mostly going on here isn't jealousy honestly. People wanted this package to be awesome. They wanted something to lust after, even if it wasn't really affordable or practical.
When a new exotic comes out most people don't root for it to be ugly even though they won't buy it, they want something beautiful to dream about. Teenagers want to put posters on their walls. When I was a kid it was the Testarossa everyone had tacked up in their room.
My personal read is that the negative energy mostly comes from this package being kind of half-assed and not very attractive. There's no art on the front of the cabinet and the sides of the head are just a bunch of text. The backglass is a whatever collage of movie assets that don't match in style. The 'exclusive' topper being sold as being compatible with the other versions of the game is whatever, but it's another sign the package isn't all that.
There's an LCD screen and it feels somewhat pointless, it just shows some basic text for what to shoot at in a simple ruleset. Any owner will stop looking at it after a week, they won't need it.
It's just not that special feeling, even if the playfield is hopefully fun to play. I really and truly think people would be much less negative if this was amazing looking, drool worthy, and sold out in minutes. The price is too much, but it's very much "too much for what this is".

I just envisioned seeing Jaws, Oddjob, Blofield on the LCD taunting you.

That would have been great. Still “old school” with modern elements as they stated in the interview.

#4192 1 year ago

DLC is coming. You know it.

These guys have a huge ecosystem of games and pin heads.

Selling widgets/devices is fine. Making annuity revenue streams from those devices is where it’s at.

Stern isn’t Apple obviously but same concept

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Contact
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

324 posts in this topic match your search for posts by iceman44. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.