007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 145.
#5051 1 year ago

If you are living paycheck to paycheck and have only $1200 in the bank and buy this game on credit... yes. You are an idiot.

If you have disposable income and buy this pin without it even moving the financial needle... good for you.

I am in the middle, and will sit this one out

#5053 1 year ago

OH NO YOU DIDNT!

#5054 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

this could be the trajectory of the industry where “less is more” “for much more”

Quoted from Daditude:

This is how I see the hobby dwindling

Funny how many comments there are that this industry is now over, jumped the shark and on the verge of extinction. Yet when a packed Godzilla was released ~1 year ago and voted best game ever and production still can’t keep up, not as many comments on here saying “pinball is on fire, greatest time to be in this hobby, and it’s attracting so many new players!”

It’s almost as if internet forums attract negative opinions at a rate disproportionate to reality.

#5055 1 year ago

Like I said, there are a few in the bunch that I would never buy a beer for or want to have a drink with.

See downvotes.

#5056 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

If you are living paycheck to paycheck and have only $1200 in the bank and buy this game on credit... yes. You are an idiot.

If you saw the video on youtube I posted a few pages back, it's kind of funny the Stern marketing guy was like "you can always finance a game".

#5057 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

If you saw the video on youtube I posted a few pages back, it's kind of funny the Stern marketing guy was like "you can always finance a game".

Oh yes, I saw it. Made me shiver when I heard him mention financing a $20K unicorn. May as well light your future paychecks on fire.

#5058 1 year ago
JB (resized).jpgJB (resized).jpg
#5059 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

when a packed Godzilla was released ~1 year ago

So your argument is JB60SLE is “packed”?

#5060 1 year ago

here comes some hype. game looks great. excited to play it.

#5061 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

OH NO YOU DIDNT!

Lmfao

#5062 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

So your argument is JB60SLE is “packed”?

No.

My argument is: you can reasonably hate a game yet the jump to conclusions on an entire industry based on that (limited run) game seems far-fetched, particularly when there are more examples of contemporaneous games with higher production runs, more toys, cheaper prices, and sold out stock that don’t seem to hold the same power to draw opposite conclusions.

#5063 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I do know plenty of idiots with no cash calling other people with cash idiots

My cash is calling the no-cash people idiots for spending it all on Bond 60th.

#5064 1 year ago

if y'all think this thread is negative, you should check out the forums on eggside and baconside. 9 dollars for a dozen organic free range eggs. those people are losing it.

#5065 1 year ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

if y'all think this thread is negative, you should check out the forums on eggside and baconside. 9 dollars for a dozen organic free range eggs. those people are losing it.

Don't even look on hookerside..... a friend told me....

#5066 1 year ago

I don't have the room or cash. I'm not a regular LE buyer. This thing is fugly and probably has no early code. The reveal was messy. But as the price quotes get nearer to 15k I start thinking about wanting it. WTF is wrong with me. I need a hotline to call.

#5067 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I don't have the room or cash. I'm not a regular LE buyer. This thing is fugly and probably has no early code. The reveal was messy. But as the price quotes get nearer to 15k I start thinking about wanting it. WTF is wrong with me. I need a hotline to call.

Don't do it man. At least hold out for the art blades!

#5068 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

No.
My argument is: you can reasonably hate a game yet the jump to conclusions on an entire industry based on that (limited run) game seems far-fetched, particularly when there are more examples of contemporaneous games with higher production runs, more toys, cheaper prices, and sold out stock that don’t seem to hold the same power to draw opposite conclusions.

Ok. Point eloquently made, and taken.

#5069 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

It gets to 1/2 of $15k it’ll be where it needs to be.

#5070 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I need a hotline to call.

1-800-KICKERS

#5071 1 year ago

This is interesting, MGM wanted to do this.
"Desiring a higher-priced 007 machine for the collector’s market, MGM commissioned Stern to release a game commemorating the franchise’s 60th anniversary featuring elements from every released movie in the series so far"
Keith Elwin game, and 1/2 the games overseas. If stern doesn't make a Goldfinger edition or reuse the playfield for another game, this game is going to be 30k a few years from now.

#5072 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

"Desiring a higher-priced 007 machine for the collector’s market, MGM commissioned Stern to release a game commemorating the franchise’s 60th anniversary featuring elements from every released movie in the series so far"
Keith Elwin game, and 1/2 the games overseas. If stern doesn't make a Goldfinger edition or reuse the playfield for another game, this game is going to be 30k a few years from now.

Honestly? That changes everything if true? Commission makes way more sense.

#5073 1 year ago

LE+ Price/$20K ======== 300 HP Looks,Price/$5500
Pro+ Value/$10000 ======== Pinto Performance /139HP, 0-60 9.3 seconds

I remember that the people who bought these "Mustangs" just loved them. Most people were polite and didn't laugh in their face about their "bitchin street machines".

308478138_501583531977493_6713212949988530082_n-1 (resized).jpg308478138_501583531977493_6713212949988530082_n-1 (resized).jpg64b3a8ba6888bcb2fd95dc6c8053a6ac (resized).jpg64b3a8ba6888bcb2fd95dc6c8053a6ac (resized).jpg
#5074 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I thought this was known to anyone following this. Gomez said it on one of the many podcasts he was on recently. Licenser wanted this and it was part of the package to get bond.

#5075 1 year ago

Yeah. They insisted on it

Just like how Quentin Tarantino allegedly insisted on a single level throw back style for Pulp Fiction. Let’s see how that turns out (if it’s still happening).

#5076 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Just like how Quentin Tarantino allegedly insisted on a single level throw back style for Pulp Fiction.

That came out in what 94… weren’t we way past flatwoods by then (cough)(yes)(cough)? Oh Quentin, I didn’t know you were a Luddite…

#5077 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

546E4432-1DD3-4E4D-939E-C0E62E534EBC.gif546E4432-1DD3-4E4D-939E-C0E62E534EBC.gif
#5078 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

[quoted image]

Honestly, nope didn't know...and yeah, makes WAY more sense. That doesn't change that it's still way too expensive lol and laughably so (albeit slightly less so). I mean, we've been talking how Supreme wasn't the same....and apparently it is. So no, pretty sure a lot of people didn't realize this. Hope it works out for whoever buys one.

#5079 1 year ago

Honest question, can it be set to five balls for that real “retro” feel?, the video suggests “no”.

#5080 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

pretty sure a lot of people didn't realize this

I realized it, I just don’t think it changes anything.

But I’m just down on the package, not glooming and dooming about the end of pinball and something something Disney CEO.

#5081 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I realized it, I just don’t think it changes anything.
But I’m just down on the package, not glooming and dooming about the end of pinball and something something Disney CEO.

Depends on who set the price. The commission ones always seem to be higher priced and offer less and fewer numbers. My own angst was thinking Stern was trying to pull one over.

#5082 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Depends on who set the price. The commission ones always seem to be higher priced and offer less and fewer numbers. My own angst was thinking Stern was trying to pull one over.

JJP Pinball should have told Disney to stick it when they insisted on TS4
and Stern should have said Dr.No to Bond people on crazy pricing.
It’s too bad we won’t buy original
IP

#5083 1 year ago

I doubt it's commission like Supreme The Pabst Can Crusher or Heavy Metal . Weren't those effectively produced and "owned" by the license holder (ie pabst supreme etc)? No brainer for Stern to run those since there was no downside/risk. The rumour is that this was a model insisted on by Bond as part of the full license package. Still Stern's game though.

#5084 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Won't speculate $$$ on anything pinball, but was fully aware of the reasoning...

#5085 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

IP

We buy old ones (CCr) but wait a year+ for the game.

#5086 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I thought this was known to anyone following this. Gomez said it on one of the many podcasts he was on recently. Licenser wanted this and it was part of the package to get bond.

Too busy going ballistic over the price to remember I guess.

#5087 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I doubt it's commission like Supreme The Pabst Can Crusher or Heavy Metal . Weren't those effectively produced and "owned" by the license holder (ie pabst supreme etc)? No brainer for Stern to run those since there was no downside/risk. The rumour is that this was a model insisted on by Bond as part of the full license package. Still Stern's game though.

Agreed...and this is no reskin or minor theme...

Just not worth the bandwidth for discussion in this thread anymore....this game will stand ( or fail) on its own...

#5088 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed...and this is no reskin or minor theme...
Just not worth the bandwidth for discussion in this thread anymore....this game will stand ( or fail) on its own...

Yeh, I think we're out of oxygen in here.

#5089 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

We buy old ones (CCr) but wait a year+ for the game.

The wait is worth it! Quality on a totally different level.

#5090 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Price moaning thread started by Bubble..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jb60sle-price-discussion-thread#post-7344954

#5091 1 year ago

Hmmmm… should I join the cult… should I not join the cult… so many decisions….

#5092 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Hmmmm… should I join the cult… should I not join the cult… so many decisions….

Ok, I laughed. A lot. Out-loud.

#5093 1 year ago

Awesome. You should have lots to moan about over there!

#5094 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

IP

Sounds like we soon will have our chance when AP releases the next Nordman game.

#5095 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Awesome. You should have lots to moan about over there!

I put the link up for you.

You have been moaning a lot about the cost of the machine....

#5096 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I put the link up for you.
You have been moaning a lot about the cost of the machine....

What? Not following? If you want to complain go over there. This is the hype thread. All you've done is complain about what others are saying.

#5097 1 year ago

Is the increasingly common poster collage art package just a way to get an easy sign off from the licensor, or is it just cheap/lazy design? Or both?

#5098 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, that is the normal look of a collector who is subsiding his pinball habit by keeping them in his bar and writing it off from the books. Was looking into doing the same thing until cancer struck. This is not the “normal” look of on site pinball, but it is starting to gain traction, pins sell beer and food just like live music and wet tshirt contests, so why not buy every machine that comes out and put it on play? Seems smart if it makes money, and hey you can even afford a JB60SLE too!

Im no longer sure what you are even talking about? Yea its expensive, but not only do you hate the rich, operators are in your sights now? I HOPE i have put enough quarters into some local spots to have a 60 show up. Fuck, 1 place here has almost all Prem LE, for a buck. I go there once a week.

My buddy has side hustled this shit in a small town for years and is now reaping the benefits. Let it go man...

#5099 1 year ago

When did I say that? I’m fucking rich. And no, operators are my friends and buddies. I want a room full of LE’s too. But nobody can say this is the norm of pinball everywhere, that ain’t true at all. There are bright spots in every big city, but even here, I drive a least 40 minutes in Phoenix depending on traffic to get to a barcade or arcade with a lineup like that. Save your outrage for someone else or take it to PM.

#5100 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

From the video. It's not for everyone. It's a unicorn.
Do unicorns have photo shopped movie posters on their sides? Lol.
This thread has turned to gold, or platinum.

Remember, Diamonds are Forever...

DAF-2 (resized).jpgDAF-2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.