007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 145.
#5101 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

When did I say that? I’m fucking rich. And no, operators are my friends and buddies. I want a room full of LE’s too. But nobody can say this is the norm of pinball everywhere, that ain’t true at all. There are bright spots in every big city, but even here, I drive a least 40 minutes in Phoenix depending on traffic to get to a barcade or arcade with a lineup like that. Save your outrage for someone else or take it to PM.

Who is saying its the norm? Maybe it was $terns and JJP$ attempt at the new norm, we shall see.

Just saying, you just keep going on and on, and even created a whole new thread lol..

#5102 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Honest question, can it be set to five balls for that real “retro” feel?, the video suggests “no”.

It could do up to 5 ball: there are 3 "ball" lights... illuminate 3+1 for ball 4 and 3+2 for ball 5.

#5103 1 year ago

In my experiences, the ones that have to always talk about money and being rich are the ones that don't really have it...

#5104 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

It could do up to 5 ball: there are 3 "ball" lights... illuminate 3+1 for ball 4 and 3+2 for ball 5.

So kind of the binary digital approach, then eh? Yes you can count from 0 to 7 with three places or 3 lights… confusing maybe, but we would probably get used to it. They could also supplement with the in-table lcd.

#5105 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is the increasingly common poster collage art package just a way to get an easy sign off from the licensor, or is it just cheap/lazy design? Or both?

License requirements. As soon as I heard Bond pinball machines I knew that all the art would look like slot machines.

#5106 1 year ago

If $$$$$$$$tern wants to keep their customer base, yes they owe us a product with value for the hard earned dollars we $pend with $$$$$$$$$$$tern or we will all go elsewhere. Their backlog of orders will vanish, like it does for any other overly greedy company that attempts to fleece their cu$tomer$ with very small BOM$ for huge dollars, $$$$$$$$$$$tern ask$ u$ to $pend with them.

#5107 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If $$$$$$$$tern wants to keep their customer base, yes they owe us a product with value for the hard earned dollars we $pend with $$$$$$$$$$$tern or we will all go elsewhere. Their backlog of orders will vanish, like it does for any other overly greedy company that attempts to fleece their cu$tomer$ with very small BOM$ for huge dollars, $$$$$$$$$$$tern ask$ u$ to $pend with them.

Bubble created a new moaning, bitching and complaining thread about the cost of this game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jb60sle-price-discussion-thread

Piss and moan and complain and type the same shit over and over in that thread as much as you want.

#5108 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Bubble created a new moaning, bitching and complaining thread about the cost of this game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jb60sle-price-discussion-thread
Piss and moan and complain and type the same fucking shit over and fucking over in that thread as much as you want.

https://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-about-therapy/issues/control-issues

#5109 1 year ago

Hopefully you have visited plenty of times and take your own advice.

#5110 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I went out to Frolf with my cousins new husband, who is obsessed, and I couldn't believe how many of the discs he buys and would go through. Possibly hundreds of dollars a year on the hobby. Outrageous!

Lol "hundreds of dollars"... which in this hobby buys you half a topper and a few spare flipper rubbers. But in all seriousness, disc golf has a SUPER low barrier of entry. Walmart and Dick's are even selling the Innova Starter Packs for like $30 which is more than enough to start playing. Dick's then has a rack of premium individual discs too. But the better deals are online from places like MarshallStreetDiscGolf.com.

You're amazement at the number of discs he buys (which my friends do too!) probably pales to the looks we get when friends see our collections and then learns how much they cost. When I toured the PDGA regionally I ended up with hundreds of discs... but their value back in 2010 was like $10-15/ea. Sure I have a few unthrown rare ones which would be like having a NIB LOTR nowadays... but in that hobby that just means it's like a $150 disc. I could sell my bins of discs and barely buy a players Flash.

I used to compete with a bag of 22 discs. 5 long, 5 med, 5 short (each group having each a very left, left, straight, right, very right flight path), plus 4 special discs, plus 3 backups of discs I couldn't afford losing mid-round. Many do something similar. But if you ever had a Fiddlehead IPA can and see the owner Matty O's name on the back, he's known for basically playing entire tournaments with just a Discraft Meteor (like playing golf with just a 7 iron) and could hold his own in the Pro division. It was cool to watch someone trust one disc for every possible shot.

Ok, that's my disc talk for the day. We haven't seen jack for additional gameplay footage, live stream, or unboxings yet, so there's really nothing else to talk about until then...

#5111 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You are making $$$$$$oooooo many assumptions.

Who is "us"? Who is "we"?

Who are their customers exactly? Do you represent the majority of their customer base?

Not trying to be insufferable here, just keeping it real.

#5112 1 year ago

Ok, if the deal was to make a high priced machine because of the licensor, so be it.

But if I am a company, I still want to put out the best I can for the money. Either way, hoping for a great shooter.

The hype in this thread (and yes, hype can be positive or negative) makes me want to play one even more.

#5113 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Some of you have no idea how much money some people have. Why do think the IRS is maning up like the Allied Forced prior to D-Day?

I hate to break it to ya, and I know how thats how its being sold...but it ain't to catch rich guys lol. DAMN IT! I'm filthy rich and the IRS has finally foiled my tax evasion plot by making me report anything over $600

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Lol "hundreds of dollars"... which in this hobby buys you half a topper and a few spare flipper rubbers. But in all seriousness, disc golf has a SUPER low barrier of entry. Walmart and Dick's are even selling the Innova Starter Packs for like $30 which is more than enough to start playing. Dick's then has a rack of premium individual discs too. But the better deals are online from places like MarshallStreetDiscGolf.com.
You're amazement at the number of discs he buys (which my friends do too!) probably pales to the looks we get when friends see our collections and then learns how much they cost. When I toured the PDGA regionally I ended up with hundreds of discs... but their value back in 2010 was like $10-15/ea. Sure I have a few unthrown rare ones which would be like having a NIB LOTR nowadays... but in that hobby that just means it's like a $150 disc. I could sell my bins of discs and barely buy a players Flash.
I used to compete with a bag of 22 discs. 5 long, 5 med, 5 short (each group having each a very left, left, straight, right, very right flight path), plus 4 special discs, plus 3 backups of discs I couldn't afford losing mid-round. Many do something similar. But if you ever had a Fiddlehead IPA can and see the owner Matty O's name on the back, he's known for basically playing entire tournaments with just a Discraft Meteor (like playing golf with just a 7 iron) and could hold his own in the Pro division. It was cool to watch someone trust one disc for every possible shot.
Ok, that's my disc talk for the day. We haven't seen jack for additional gameplay footage, live stream, or unboxings yet, so there's really nothing else to talk about until then...

You really only need 2-3 discs to play disc golf fairly well. Its just fun to buy a lot of discs and if you have the skills to really control the discs then a big bag of different style discs does start coming in handy. When I was playing often though I had like 30 discs on me and I was usuing like maybe 6 different ones on a real regular basis. It really is a cheap hobby. I moved into a neighborhood with a park with a nice course on it and I haven't played in a few years I should really bust my bag back open this spring. Also, anyone who says "frolf" I want to throw through a wall. Don't call it frolf.

#5114 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Ok, if the deal was to make a high priced machine because of the licensor, so be it.

My comment is in general and not directed towards Beechwood.

This assumption that the licensor demanded two different machines be manufactured, one of them an old school game, just doesn't compute with me. Even if it was some sort of compromise between the two company's, I don't get it.

To me, it feels like Pinside gossip, begun with attention seeking, speculation.
I can't count how many times I've seen that sort of thing happen and almost immediately, it becomes an acknowledged "fact".

I'm happy for those that just accept things at face value, and I don't mind being proven wrong.

I'm just wondering if there's any direct evidence someone could point me to.

#5115 1 year ago

I guess we need to know who updated this information in the Tilt forums. That is the only place I see this information.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 101818 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-12 101818 (resized).png
#5116 1 year ago

20k is A LOT, but somehow seems like a better value than that 2k Mando topper.

One of my nearby locations is getting a 60th so that pretty much solves any other complaints I had. If this table ends up being top-tier amazing to play and in popular demand, I have to imagine it will become more widely available in some other form in the future. Reused or modified for a new theme. Becomes an option in their commission line. Kicks off a new throw-back line in similar style.

#5117 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

If you want a true comparison. The barrier to entry for disc golf is much higher than pinball. Your comparison is similar to going to an arcade and using quarters…. To truly make the comparison you would have to purchase land and build the course as most of us own our pinball machines. We have elaborate games rooms or a small corner in our home.

Looking forward to the bond 60th. It will be available for locals in Reno to play.

#5118 1 year ago

I just heard through a good source that Richie is coming back to design a SDLE BOND ( The Duper) where you pick your Bond to play as and fight the others for the title of “Alpha Bond”.Franchi will be doing the artwork of all the Bonds fighting each other on the cabinet and last but not least ,they’re adding the 7th 007 that Stern forgot to include in the 60th .Nomi was a temp in NTtD and was not included because she’s a Woman of Color ! Pack that in your pipe and smoke it !!

#5119 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I guess we need to know who updated this information in the Tilt forums. That is the only place I see this information.
[quoted image]

This was in an Insider Podcast very, very early on...

#5120 1 year ago

and lord knows things said on podcasts before the product is made are always true and correct and should be considered scripture.

(and as if everyone watches all of those)

What I do know is...4 spinners. 4 of them.

1....2....3....4. In. No. Va. Shun.

I will run up to Tilt if they get one and give it a few rolls. If it's not all stop and go, I will probably love it.

#5121 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

and lord knows things said on podcasts before the product is made are always true and correct

No worse or better than Pinside.

#5122 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No worse or better than Pinside.

Well to be fair, those are the insiders, and most here are not. But it does seem to be common for these insiders to overstate or overpromise and they really have no say in the process and things get changed a bunch before release. I'm still salty about R&M not getting more season updates.

Hmm..

Insiders....(P)insiders....

#5123 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I will run up to Tilt if they get one and give it a few rolls. If it's not all stop and go, I will probably love it.

Hell, if you are coming up to go to Tilt to play it… you may as well drive an extra 1/2 hour and play it at my house. Then we can argue in person about it!

#5124 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I will run up to Tilt if they get one and give it a few rolls.

Quoted from skink91:

If you're coming to Tilt to play, drive an extra 1/2 hour and play it at my house.

Don't go! I've read all your antagonistic posts in this thread. It's a trap!

#5125 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Shhhh. Nothing to see here. These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.

#5126 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I just figured he'd have a 5k door charge

#5127 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I just figured he'd have a 5k door charge

“No one is forcing you to pay it!”

#5128 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

and lord knows things said on podcasts before the product is made are always true and correct and should be considered scripture.
(and as if everyone watches all of those)
What I do know is...4 spinners. 4 of them.
1....2....3....4. In. No. Va. Shun.

You're definitely worked up on this and can't really figure out why. Statements presented to validate what has been posted, yet constant deflection....

Just a game, and you've seem reasonably balanced in the past. Im only offering to further reinforce what has been stated on the positive side of things.Been out there awhile...

I was NOT going to buy this game!! From what I have seen ( more importantly heard) there was no way I could pass. This game, for me, will be a keeper...period. Too much going on to not be.

Can respect those that dont feel the same for whatever reason. Beyond stupid expensive, I cant validate a pass.

Really stirring people for sure....feel good with your decision...just not going to change mine...

#5129 1 year ago

It is very clear that the majority pinheads and consumers are pissed off at $tern
And their Greed “Rinse the consumer” philosophy.

The only ones I see defending the new overpricing for Bond LE, Bond Prem & B60 $LE
Are $tern employees and distributors who need to move inventory.

It is not about affordability.
It is about fun to value factor.
And $tern no longer offers that IMHO.

If this $22K B60 was a Porsche as so many try to justify the ridiculous prices by comparing to super cars and hyper cars LMAO
This “pin/Porsche” Wouldn’t even make it to the first corner HA!
Let alone set track records or even be “sought after” by collectors.

Im here for the jokes.
I am amused. LOL

#5130 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

If this $22K B60 was a Porsche
Wouldn’t even make it to the first corner

If the B60 were a Porsche, I would have trouble getting it into my basement.

#5131 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Im here for the jokes.

In the old West, a three legged dog walks into a saloon and says, "I'm looking for the man that shot my paw".

#5132 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You're definitely worked up on this and can't really figure out why. Statements presented to validate what has been posted, yet constant deflection....
Just a game, and you've seem reasonably balanced in the past. Im only offering to further reinforce what has been stated on the positive side of things.Been out there awhile...
I was NOT going to buy this game!! From what I have seen ( more importantly heard) there was no way I could pass. This game, for me, will be a keeper...period. Too much going on to not be.
Can respect those that dont feel the same for whatever reason. Beyond stupid expensive, I cant validate a pass.
Really stirring people for sure....feel good with your decision...just not going to change mine...

I think you are reading way more into my posts than you need to be. I've been pretty clear about what I think. The rest is just me having a bit of fun.

#5133 1 year ago

A guy is talking to a farmer about his cattle and how he castrates his bulls. The farmer tells him “Some people use rubber bands and they slowly fall off, but I use a pair of bricks and smash them together.”

“Doesn’t that hurt like hell?” replied the man

“No, the secret is to put your thumbs on the side of the bricks when you slam them together.”

My deacon uncle told that joke right after a Thanksgiving lunch blessing during which my grandma cracked open her third Bud of the day. A fun bunch

#5134 1 year ago

Side topic: If you didn't already spend all your money on your pinball collection and have money sitting around. Capital One and Sofi have 3.75% interest checking/savings accounts. Save up for your next game purchase.

#5135 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well to be fair, those are the insiders, and most here are not. But it does seem to be common for these insiders to overstate or overpromise and they really have no say in the process and things get changed a bunch before release. I'm still salty about R&M not getting more season updates.
Hmm..
Insiders....(P)insiders....

That may have come from two podcasts. The code part definitely came from Elwin in the Stern Insider podcast. I don’t remember if Elwin mentioned that the game was commissioned, but Gomez definitely did in his interview with Joel and/or the SAPP podcast interview. Tilt is quoting them talking about things that have already happened (who did the code and who commissioned the game) so I doubt they are overstating or overpromising

#5136 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

EM math. How retro…

#5137 1 year ago

Am I the only one who stop reading any post that refers to Stern as $tern?

Like I immediately just stop reading it and ignore it and move on to the next post.

I can't be the only person right?

#5138 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

EM math. How retro…

I refer to that as Stern Electronics Bonus Math.

#5139 1 year ago

$tern.

#5140 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

If you want a true comparison. The barrier to entry for disc golf is much higher than pinball. Your comparison is similar to going to an arcade and using quarters…. To truly make the comparison you would have to purchase land and build the course as most of us own our pinball machines. We have elaborate games rooms or a small corner in our home.

Barrier to entry is strictly the "barrier", typically financial, but also access. It's very easy to find disc golf courses (mostly free) in all parts of the country, but people also play target golf where you're not even on a dedicated course (this is how I started in a city just aiming at 17 empty park benches in a giant circle). You can also play catch or practice in any field. It's much harder to find location pinball, let alone good location pinball.

I'd argue if you can drop $10-20 into pinball machines for a day, you probably can afford $30 for a set of beginner discs that lasts over a year. That, coupled with the ease of many types of access is why it blew up in the 2000s and again during the pandemic when people couldn't do anything indoors. It's barrier of entry was viewed as the smallest of just about any emerging sport. Pickleball thrives in a similar world (equipment is cheap) but courts are tougher to come by.

#5141 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Barrier to entry is strictly the "barrier", typically financial, but also access. It's very easy to find disc golf courses (mostly free) in all parts of the country, but people also play target golf where you're not even on a dedicated course (this is how I started in a city just aiming at 17 empty park benches in a giant circle). You can also play catch or practice in any field. It's much harder to find location pinball, let alone good location pinball.
I'd argue if you can drop $10-20 into pinball machines for a day, you probably can afford $30 for a set of beginner discs that lasts over a year. That, coupled with the ease of many types of access is why it blew up in the 2000s and again during the pandemic when people couldn't do anything indoors. It's barrier of entry was viewed as the smallest of just about any emerging sport. Pickleball thrives in a similar world (equipment is cheap) but courts are tougher to come by.

It's crazy annoying how the seniors in my community dominate the basketball courts for pickleball.

#5142 1 year ago

Since some people had mentioned Stern having to have interest to shareholder, I wasn't sure if it was owned individually by Gary or by a handful of people etc. I search IL Secretary of State. Kind of funny. Stern is listed as Not Good Standing. Probably doesn't mean anything but funny.

INC (resized).pngINC (resized).png
#5144 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's crazy annoying how the seniors in my community dominate the basketball courts for pickleball.

Lol! I haven't seen them dual-purposed on basketball courts yet. Usually just different colored lines on tennis courts.

Where I vacation in the summer we have a large contingency of seniors. We had 2 different tennis court areas, one got the dual-purpose painted lines for pickleball. It got out of hand. Also, not as many people play tennis. Also-also, you can fit 6 pickleball courts in the space of 2 tennis courts (24 players vs. 8 players max capacity, assuming doubles play). We ended up taking one of the tennis areas which had 2 courts and fully repurposed them into 6 dedicated pickleball courts. The other tennis courts we agreed will not get the dual-purpose painted lines. Seems fair enough.

But here in town, we only have 2 tennis courts and those have the dual-purposed lines for pickleball. This is becoming a hot button issue...

#5145 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Side topic: If you didn't already spend all your money on your pinball collection and have money sitting around. Capital One and Sofi have 3.75% interest checking/savings accounts. Save up for your next game purchase.

I posted this is the markets thread but my bank is doing 6% - 12 month CD's. But they make it real tough for out of towners to get in on it.

#5146 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

The barrier to entry for disc golf is much higher than pinball.

As a kid in the 80's I used to hunt quarters from coin returns and jammed coin slots. Oh the joy of fishing out $1.50 in quarters from the lockbar or an arcade glass!

Later, me and my pal jumped in the river and collected a couple dozen lost discs.

By the irrefutable rules of "Finders Keepers" I found free play in both.

Back on topic: I hope to see this somewhere local because I am still as frugal (slightly less broke) as I was 30-some years ago. It looks like a great game and way out of my league.

Looking forward to seeing some gameplay and the inevitable torch lighting.

#5147 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I have no idea what most of these words mean, but it’s honestly fun to hear the rabbit hole of other hobbies once in a while.

#5148 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Am I the only one who stop reading any post that refers to Stern as $tern?
Like I immediately just stop reading it and ignore it and move on to the next post.
I can't be the only person right?

No, you are not the only one!

#5149 1 year ago

I think this pic sums up this thread.

Looks like the pin is shipping the end of the month. Possibly early February as well.

A2FC51C3-0FFA-46EC-B6E4-03509DE274FB (resized).jpegA2FC51C3-0FFA-46EC-B6E4-03509DE274FB (resized).jpeg
#5150 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I think this pic sums up this thread.
Looks like the pin is shipping the end of the month. Possibly early February as well.
[quoted image]

(Checking pants…)

Sigh… verified as truthful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.