• 3,835 posts
  • 438 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 77.
#3101 7 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Almost done w Season 2 of The Bear, it isn't living up to the hype, for me anyways.

After enduring the "Fishes" episode, I thought Season 2 really finished strong starting with the following episode: "Forks".

#3102 7 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

After enduring the "Fishes" episode, I thought Season 2 really finished strong starting with the following episode: "Forks".

I thought ‘Fishes’ (holiday episode) was the best episode and Forks was equally good.

I’m not saying my family is as dysfunctional but it was authentic IMO.

#3103 7 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I thought ‘Fishes’ (holiday episode) was the best episode and Forks was equally good.
I’m not saying my family is as dysfunctional but it was authentic IMO.

That’s funny that you mention family because mine is as dysfunctional lol.I had a hard time watching the chaos.I escaped that bullshit years ago lol

#3104 7 months ago

Mr. Inbetween is on sale on Vudu, $15 for the full series. It was recommended a number of times in this thread so I took the plunge. (I think it’s also streaming on Hulu).

#3105 7 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Mr. Inbetween is on sale on Vudu, $15 for the full series. It was recommended a number of times in this thread so I took the plunge. (I think it’s also streaming on Hulu).

It’s so good. I could watch it many times, not a bad episode in the series.

#3106 7 months ago

Anyone here that haven't seen "The Boys"?

First spin off from the FSCKING AWESOME series "The Boys" starts tomorrow! On Prime.

Gen V

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt13159924/?ref_=vp_close

Im really looking forward to this. Not as much as tonights hockey game, but enough

#3107 7 months ago

Just saw Frasier is coming back October 12 to Paramount streaming….

#3108 7 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Just saw Frasier is coming back October 12 to Paramount streaming….

No Martin (obviously… RIP) but also no Niles. Or Maris!

#3109 7 months ago

I stumbled into this show a month or 2 ago. LOL for real funny and they do a good job tying it up before the end.

Quoted from toyotaboy:Started watching loudermilk. It has will sasso and ron Livingston (guy from office space). It's mostly about alcoholism but it's also a good story

#3110 7 months ago

If you haven't seen it, Lioness is very good. If you watch the first 7 minutes of the first episode and you're not hooked, then just turn it off, it's not for you.

#3111 7 months ago

Lastly for now, Manhattan was a one season solid run of a show if you can get into and the subject matter is interesting to you.

#3112 7 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I stumbled into this show a month or 2 ago. LOL for real funny and they do a good job tying it up before the end.

I binged the rest of it. It has laughs, sad moments (will sasso talking about how she still loves him), and shocking moments (the AA meeting talk, Will house sitting and finding the toy in the closet).

#3113 7 months ago

The Brian whatever his name is, the comic, is extremely believable as the self destructing alcoholic and that scene with him at the dinner with his daughter is rough+ to watch.

Quoted from toyotaboy:I binged the rest of it. It has laughs, sad moments (will sasso talking about how she still loves him), and shocking moments (the AA meeting talk, Will house sitting and finding the toy in the closet).

#3114 7 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

The Brian whatever his name is, the comic, is extremely believable as the self destructing alcoholic and that scene with him at the dinner with his daughter is rough+ to watch.

yea brian regan.. that was tough seeing him in the bathroom and then in the meeting the day after. One of my favorite standup routines is from him:

#3115 7 months ago

Yeah the bathroom specifically. I'd believe he was playing himself there but maybe he just has seen it or did really good research.

Quoted from toyotaboy:yea brian regan.. that was tough seeing him in the bathroom and then in the meeting the day after. One of my favorite standup routines is from him:

#3116 7 months ago

Black mirror on Netflix is pretty good. There are 6 seasons and all the episodes are independent of each other. Some are better than others, but most are pretty good. Just finished season 4. Reminds me a little of a modern twilight zone, only the episodes are longer.

#3117 7 months ago
Quoted from HobbyGuy:

Just finished Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities. Creepy stuff just in time for Halloween. Showing my age, but the intros remind me of Rod Serling's Night Gallery way back when.

Also reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock intros. Great show. The autopsy is by a great author. I had read that 20 years ago. He is sadly passed away. Michael Shea RIP.
Under the beardmore.

#3118 7 months ago

You can easily find the autopsy but you already know that one. Quite faithful to the original.

#3119 7 months ago

Just started Foundations on Apple
Do you think there will be a season three?

#3120 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I hope so!

#3121 6 months ago

Just watched the first episode of "Gen V" on Amazon Prime. Same creators as "The Boys" and the show is set in the same world as The Boys. I really liked it. If you like The Boys then you'll probably like this one too.

#3122 6 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just watched the first episode of "Gen V" on Amazon Prime. Same creators as "The Boys" and the show is set in the same world as The Boys. I really liked it. If you like The Boys then you'll probably like this one too.

Oh yeah, i'm all over this, non-patiently waiting for next episode drop

#3123 6 months ago

Thanks for the Mr. Inbetween recommendation, excellent show....

#3124 6 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Update on Foundations.I should have watched this before watching The Expanse!

#3125 6 months ago

Expanse was 5x the show that foundation mess is.... although I am still watching foundation lol

Quoted from romulusx:Update on Foundations.I should have watched this before watching The Expanse!

#3126 6 months ago

finished ashoka, man that was disappointing. watched 2 of the 3 continental episodes. I like the style, setting, and the music, but its just not that interesting.

loki 2 drops this evening.. I hope its as good as the 1st season.

#3127 6 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

finished ashoka, man that was disappointing. watched 2 of the 3 continental episodes. I like the style, setting, and the music, but its just not that interesting.
loki 2 drops this evening.. I hope its as good as the 1st season.

12 year old me would never believe that I could ever be behind in Star Wars content, and mostly apathetic about it.

#3128 6 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

12 year old me would never believe that I could ever be behind in Star Wars content, and mostly apathetic about it.

andor and the mandalorian, are good. obiwan and book of bobba fett were ok. ashoka was meh. I can't believe they are going to make a movie out of it.. possibly the most interesting character in ashoka passed away (In real life).

I have not watch the animated stuff. I am sure some of its is good.

#3129 6 months ago

12 year old me died with the release of Episodes 1-3.

#3130 6 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

12 year old me died with the release of Episodes 1-3.

Mid 50s year old me died with the release of Episodes 7 - 12. Fu*king horrifying what they did with that.

Thanks Kathleen.

#3131 6 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Mid 50s year old me died with the release of Episodes 7 - 12. Fu*king horrifying what they did with that.
Thanks Kathleen.

I think you mean 7-9.

rouge 1 was excellent! worthy of 4-6. I might say, I think its 3rd in that group..

solo was not so good..

#3132 6 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

andor and the mandalorian, are good. obiwan and book of bobba fett were ok. ashoka was meh. I can't believe they are going to make a movie out of it.. possibly the most interesting character in ashoka passed away (In real life).
I have not watch the animated stuff. I am sure some of its is good.

I've seen all of Mando. That was pretty good. Obiwan was mostly bad, and boba fett was pretty forgettable. Andor looks like one that I would enjoy. We actually started that one with the kids and decided to pull the plug after some pretty dark themes became apparent.

The kids are excited to watch Ahsoka. I am not. I watched the Clone Wars cartoon movie and wasn't a fan. I've heard from a lot of sources the cartoon show is actually good, but I haven't been able to get myself to start it.

#3133 6 months ago

Andor looks like one that I would enjoy.

Yeah I enjoyed it. You can watch the two episodes of mando(The book of notta fet). They are pretty good.

#3134 6 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:I've seen all of Mando. That was pretty good. Obiwan was mostly bad, and boba fett was pretty forgettable. Andor looks like one that I would enjoy. We actually started that one with the kids and decided to pull the plug after some pretty dark themes became apparent.
The kids are excited to watch Ahsoka. I am not. I watched the Clone Wars cartoon movie and wasn't a fan. I've heard from a lot of sources the cartoon show is actually good, but I haven't been able to get myself to start it.

If all you’ve seen of Clone Wars is that 2 hour movie, you should know that’s easily the worst storyline in that whole series. Ahsoka is more like the show Rebels which while not perfect was pretty entertaining, and overall more interesting than Clone Wars

Andor destroys them all though, FAR more interesting all around

#3135 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Expanse was 5x the show that foundation mess is.... although I am still watching foundation lol

The first season was good.The second not good.Alas like you I will continue to watch while I detox from The Expanse lol

#3136 6 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I’m in.

#3137 6 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Oh yeah, i'm all over this, non-patiently waiting for next episode drop

I just watched episodes 2 & 3. So good.

#3138 6 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just watched episodes 2 & 3. So good.

I thought episode one pandered to every social issue in our society at this point in time.Episode 2 and 3 were a lot better.All though I do miss pretty girl titties and don’t care for all the dude junk but I know it’s payback for all the good drive in movie titties of the past Payback is a dude bitch

#3139 6 months ago

Here ye, here ye….

Shoresy is back! S2 is streaming

#3140 6 months ago

Here ye, here ye….

Hulu Canada? We aren't supposed to get season two on Hulu US until Oct 27th

#3141 6 months ago

We don’t have Hulu.
It’s shown on Crave here before it goes to U.s.

#3142 6 months ago

We don’t have Hulu.
It’s shown on Crave here before it goes to U.s.

Any idea how long it’s shown there before it comes down south?

Nevermind, found it - Hulu streams s2 on Oct 27

#3143 6 months ago

Here ye, here ye….

I still have to watch the latest season of Letterkenny!

#3144 6 months ago

I just stumbled into "condor" which isn't bad. Little slow, but some good names and it's engrossing to an extent.

#3145 6 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I think you mean 7-9.
rouge 1 was excellent! worthy of 4-6. I might say, I think its 3rd in that group..
solo was not so good..

I was in line to see Star Wars when it came out. I'd say that after that and Empire, the best film is Rogue One. Absolutely loved it. Technically the writing is much better than eP4, but ep4 broke so much new ground at the time....

#3146 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I just stumbled into "condor" which isn't bad. Little slow, but some good names and it's engrossing to an extent.

I forgot about that one - let us know how far you get.

#3147 6 months ago

I'll finish it tonight late lol.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:I forgot about that one - let us know how far you get.

#3148 6 months ago

Tokyo vice was good, not sure if there is going to be a season 2.

#3149 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Tokyo vice was good, not sure if there is going to be a season 2.

It’s signed up for a second season.

#3150 6 months ago

Good.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:It’s was signed up for a second season.

There are 3,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.