pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
FARGO-Season-5-preview (resized).jpg
jer1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).png
2jk8jp7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1881 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1349 2 years ago

Just started Midnight Mass/Netflix, finished Cobra Kai Season 4 - the fight scene choreography this time around looked pretty bad - I understand this isn't Bruce Lee but still.

Looking forward to Ozark new season next week.

Got a Firestick yesterday, might watch 24 again from the beginning. Damn good show.

2 months later
#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I gave up on SNL a few years ago ... it just became unwatchable
maybe I will give it another try - that skit was funny

Me too - like 30 years ago. I doubt I'll try it again though.

#1493 2 years ago

I tried it again, some funny skits but not worth the time without the FF button

The problem is that 3 minutes into a crappy skit, you've already wasted the time.

FF through the musical acts, most of whom I've probably never heard of. Same for the hosts.

I can live without it. I was there for the original Dream Team w John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner etc and the Second Coming in the 90s w David Spade, Adam Sandler Chris Farley, Will Ferrell, Phil Hartman, Jon Lovett. The old days, when you actually stayed up that late to watch it!

2 months later
#1658 1 year ago
Quoted from schwarz:

I’m finding the new season of Stranger Things difficult to watch

I made it about 40min thru episode 1 of the new season and shut it off.

3 weeks later
#1754 1 year ago

I started watching Letterkenny on Hulu a few weeks ago, on season 7 -

Also started 30 Rock on Netflix and saw this last night -

20220620_192105 (resized).jpg20220620_192105 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1801 1 year ago

Finished Letterkenny on Hulu and started Only Murders In The Building last night - not a huge Martin Short fan and it's not what I expected, enjoying it.

1 month later
#1978 1 year ago

I really enjoyed The Orville too - each episode has a message, kinda like the old Fat Albert cartoons.

And I liked the modern-day relevance, like the episodes concerning Bortis' Moklin child, a girl, which is frowned upon and they changed her to a him, but he becomes confused and unsettled as a preteen and they deal with that.

Some might see that as shoving societal issues in your face but I thought it made for good storytelling.

My only complaint (now that it's produced by Hulu) is the occasional "Jesus Christ" or "God damn it" - not any kind of religious objection, but it just doesn't seem to fit w the characters.

#1982 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What the frak are you talking about?

Well, they're just swearing because they're ALLOWED to now, on HULU - doesn't seem to fit w the characters, that's all.

I am gonna check out that Sandman show.

1 week later
#2061 1 year ago

Thank god football season is starting again, i cant find much on Netflix/Hulu/Prime anymore.

Life Below Zero (Nat Geo?) new season started this week.

#2081 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I use a "service", its over 99.5% reliable and its cheap and fantastic. And I have EVERYTHING

I have a "service" too, but i cant put up w the poor video quality or not knowing what's on any of the channels.

#2101 1 year ago

I have great quality on my channels and my Video on demand has HD and 4k

I'm going to research your setup and try something similar. I have a VPN and can access all kinds of things thru KODI, but who wants to click on every single HBO option and try to figure out what movie it is or what time it started. Its like, here are all these options but a crisp shoot as to what it is. I am an absolute beginner in this realm, admittedly.

2 months later
#2291 1 year ago

Inside Man on Netflix, 4 episodes, 1 hour each - guy on death row helps solve crimes and things go awry -

One of those ones where you go "oh, that's not gonna happen", and then "oh shit, that happened........."

3 weeks later
#2369 1 year ago

The Patient on Hulu -

Really good.....doesn't end the way you would think, most likely......

#2380 1 year ago

Started re-watching Prison Break on Hulu last night - still a damn good show.

1 month later
#2461 1 year ago

Started watching Ted Lasso last night......so far, so good.

On season 4 or Prison Break, revisiting that one from the 90s or whenever.

1 month later
#2552 1 year ago

Apple TV, "For All Mankind", an alternate history where Russia landed a man on the moon first and we're playing catch-up -

Also "Hello Tomorrow", a retro-futuristic show about salesmen selling condos for a habitat on the moon -

Both interesting, only a couple episodes in.

1 week later
#2561 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For All Mankind is AWESOME. Really picks up in season 2 and 3. Season is very good but the show gets better

We watch 2 episodes a night pretty much, halfway through Season 2 - really liking it! The Nazis just shot up our space station! I love when shows do unexpected things like that -

I actually havent gone back to Hello Tomorrow again - i may tonight though - I'll let you know if it gets any better. It's right up my alley too, and youre right about the production quality, it looks fantastic - -

1 week later
#2574 11 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Well it won't be unexpected for me after reading that spoiler.

If you're watching the show, you'll see it coming......and it was just one more thing in a long line of events, i didn't give away a surprise ending or anything......

Can't say enough good things about it (For All Mankind/Apple TV). Best series I've watched in a long time. Would be worth a free or 1 month membership just for this show (to me anyways).

3 weeks later
#2637 11 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

they all sucked , all 3 seasons and no season 4 yet on the horizon which should tell you something about how few liked it.
No homage to Star Trek , they tried to be more like galaxy quest but failed and I did hear a galaxy quest series is on the horizon.

I disagree too, I kinda took it as a mash up between Star Trek and The Fat Albert show, sci-fi with some humor and a message sprinkled in.

#2642 11 months ago

Watched the new 6 part series about collectibles on Netflix, Goldin Touch or something. It was ok.

1 week later
#2647 10 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Fat Albert, really? Whoa, . Seems not enough like it to have another season but Bmore and u like it so I MUST be wrong that it is crap. But no . I think not.
Rather watch paint dry than tune into another episode of Orville . Galaxy quest series is coming,! I am hopeful

I guess people liked it enough to make 3 seasons worth, same as the original Star Trek, so.............? Not like it was a one and done -

And yes, it reminded me of Fat Albert because those always had a moral message at the end, seemed like most of the Orvilles did too.

If you liked Galaxy Quest you should start a fan club, all 7 of you can get together for coffee someday.

#2661 10 months ago

Watched an episode of Silo on Apple TV, a population is literally living in a huge concrete silo because the world outside is no longer habitable - or is it???

1 week later
#2690 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No spoilers! Seems like there are 3 or 4 Books now
Silo is absolutely my favorite show of the past few years, great cast, great sets! Mystery, drama, I love I

Have you watched For All Mankind on AppleTV?

My favorite of the last few years - an alternate-history kinda thing, the U.S didn't win the space race, Russia did....follows the stories of some astronauts as they climb the ladder at NASA, return to space, etc....every now and then you'll catch a commercial on the tv or headline in a paper, "Beatles Reunion Tour announced", something like that....

#2697 10 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm really enjoying From. It's got a Twilight Zone/Lost vibe, and it's super creepy and very well done. The show is midway through it second season.

which show?

#2701 10 months ago

Started watching "FUBAR" on Netflix last night w Ah-nold.....8 episodes, an hour each - shut it off after about 40 minutes.

Literally during his retirement party as a CIA operative, he's sucked back in when an operative has to be removed and only he can do it. He flies to some remote jungle and gasp....it turns out to be his estranged daughter!

After the requisite "Dad, do you REALLY think I'm still a virgin???" jokes, i had to shut it off.

#2707 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I read some excoriating reviews for that show, really terrible. I'd be willing to bet they rushed it out before the writer's strike and it just was DOA with no chance for punch ups. Even Scott Thompson from Kids in the Hall is in it! It could have had potential...
My wife went back to "War of the worlds" on MGM+. Kind of slow (at first), but really builds into something great. More "The Expanse" than "Mandalorian" style heady sci-fi.

I'll have to check out War of the Worlds - love me some sci fi.

Watched The Prisoner on Netflix last night, someone on the "i need a good movie to watch" thread suggested it - pretty good. 2.5 hours....

2 weeks later
#2768 9 months ago

Started the show "Silo" this weekend. i'm 6 ep's deep and I like it a lot!
Post apocalyptical, civilization living underground in 150 story "silo"

We started it a few weeks ago too - but I remember someone on the show saying they couldn't visit someone on a lower level because "they couldnt even walk there in one day"....this thing doesnt have an elevator???

1 week later
#2807 9 months ago

Stay away from Invasion on Appletv.

#2824 9 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

Just finished watching the Bear and didn't think it was as good as the first season. Still there where some good episodes. Jamie Lee Curtis did a fantastic job.
Also finished the last season of Fear the Walking Dead. Hated it. Unless you want some sort of closure, skip this turd. Almost everything about it was bad, including the plot, writing, and acting.

I gave up on Fear just a few weeks ago, so close to the end. I just don't care about anything that's happening in the storyline.

Just finished Silo season finale last night, worth the ride.

#2848 8 months ago

Blew through "Beef" on Netflix, 8 episodes, about 35min each.

About a road rage incident that gets way out of control, some unexpected things happen. Was worth the 4 hour investment. Seems like it will be a one-off.

#2863 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm going to check it out. Did you see the Russell Crowe road rage movie "Unhinged"?

Yes - - that was good too -

#2878 8 months ago

On Episode 5 of "Severance" on Apple TV -

The premise is very interesting but I hope it picks up soon. Girlfriend said it's good and she's watching it (again) with me.

#2891 8 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

On Episode 5 of "Severance" on Apple TV -
The premise is very interesting but I hope it picks up soon. Girlfriend said it's good and she's watching it (again) with me.

Quoted from boscokid:

S1 is only 9 episodes long so don't expect it to 'pick up' its more like a slow simmer psychological thriller. The story advances as the characters learn more about their situation but its never gonna advance to action movie pace. Anxiously awaiting season 2

Right, wasn't expecting explosions, etc - just for some layers of the onion to get peeled back.

Watched a few episodes and finished Season 1 last night - onion peeling quickly - looking forward to season 2.

Also awaiting Season 2 of "For All Mankind", also on Apple - hope this writers strike doesn't put everything a year behind.

#2893 8 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Good news! For all mankind has 3 seasons out right now. Awaiting a fourth.

Oh, ok - well, watched them all, waiting for the next one!

#2895 8 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I really loved that show - season 2 was my favorite, I think. I always looked at it like a backdoor prequel to Star Trek, the way they eventually went into the future and in space. Plus, Ron Moore...

I liked the whole alternate-history angle, the Russians won the space race, or you'll catch a newspaper headline like "Beatles Reunion Tour Announced", that kinda thing. I thought the whole thing was great, best series I've seen in a couple years.

#2903 8 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Hard to believe anyone could recommend White Lotus. I've seen it pushed on Max and finally gave it a try. This is up there with the worst shows I have ever seen. Characters, plot, dialog and acting are all ghastly.
Last of Us is also dreadful. I wanted to like the Peripheral, but it just doesn't click with me. The new Negan/Maggie Walking Dead show is no surprise downright awful.
Shows I do recommend:
True Detective Season 1. Seriously if you haven't seen it, just do it.
Barry. All seasons. Just a great show, so funny.
Reacher. This show is fun to watch. Much better than the movies.
Jack Ryan. Final season just wrapped up. Good solid show.
Terminal List is good action fun.
Outlaws. Watched it for Christopher Walken and ended up liking it!
Bosch. Even the new watered down cast Bosch Legacy show is good.

I agree about the Negan/Maggie show, not much happening. They ran out of ideas a long time ago. The zombies don't change so they just keep creating new enemies. Just milking the cow now. When the whole "Whisperers" storyline began, I remember the mid-season finale (don't get me started on THAT shit) where they were hiding in a ditch as a horde of walkers went by, and you heard the zombies saying "they cant be far" and stuff, and I though "Oh man, how cool, the zombies are starting to evolve, they can do a lot with that...", and it just turned out to be yet another human community to fight (same as the Governor, same as whoever). Rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

The preview I saw of the new Darryl spin off reminds me of Easy Rider, he's just traveling around lookin' for 'Merica.

Reacher: The books are even better.
Jack Ryan: I can't see that guy without think of him from The Office. He just has a kind of dopey, friendly guy next door look. Again, the books are probably the best.

The Peripheral - Big sci fi fan but it didn't clicke w me.

#2910 8 months ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Weren't there some "smart" zombies in the final season of TWD that were figuring out how to climb and stuff? Did the writers just forget about that?

I saw one partially climb a ladder at one point. A couple opened doors, but nothing that would liven up the plot any.

#2931 8 months ago

Into episode 4 of The After Party on Apple, worth the ride.

Pop star dies at a class reunion after party, each episode is kinda like a different take on the night.

#2937 8 months ago

There's a show on Netflix that we watch before we hit the sack to cleanse ourselves from the action shows we usually watch, it's called Kim's Convenience. Korean family in Toronto that owns a convenience store, and just silly daily things that happen. We just finished the series last night (5 seasons, about 25min episodes). It's admittedly fluff, but if you're looking for something that you don't have to think too hard about....

#2942 8 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's a pretty great show - the dad is now on Mandalorian and the son is Shang-Chi (possibly the last great MCU movie, at least so far). Kinda messed up how they treated the actors after the show became surprisingly popular - but I guess they may not have moved on to bigger and better things

I know, I saw the dad on Mandalorian and it's like, shit, he's speaking perfect English - so now we're wondering which one is the "real" guy, is he acting the English accent or the Korean one???

It was a little bit of a bummer, like we had the wool pulled over our eyes - the guys was probably born in Ohio lol.

I dont knwo what happened to them after the show, I'd never even heard of it before -

1 week later
#2975 7 months ago

Rewatching "Glow" on Netflix, I kinda remember it being better the first time around.

14 chicks running around in tights....I'm soldiering through it...

#2987 7 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I watched the whole thing and I'm still on the fence.

Same here. I've seen worse though.

#2993 7 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Yea, I guess.
But it has so many top reviews. But that could be a lot of people voting up crap.

It definitely has a lot of unexpected turns. It was only 8 episodes or so.

1 week later
#2996 7 months ago

Watching 1883 on Paramount, the predecessor to 1923, which is the predecessor to Yellowstone.

Not blown away so far.

#3007 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Forgot to ask Is 1923 good?

Haven't made it there yet.......

#3038 7 months ago

Not blown away by 1923, one of the Yellowstone prequels.

So far seems even worse that 1883. Not sure we're gonna bother finishing it.

2 weeks later
#3071 6 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Why do super heroes always wait until they're getting their butt kicked to use their best super power? The number of times Jedi fight without using a force push is mind boggling.

I used to always wonder the same thing when I was little, watching Godzilla - after getting his ass kicked for half an hour he'd finally use his fire breath and put an end to it.

3 weeks later
#3100 6 months ago

Almost done w Season 2 of The Bear, it isn't living up to the hype, for me anyways.

1 week later
#3143 5 months ago

Here ye, here ye….
Shoresy is back! S2 is streaming

I still have to watch the latest season of Letterkenny!

3 weeks later
#3188 5 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Someone mentioned “lessons in chemistry” on AppleTV, and MAN is that a great change from the Marvel and SW stuff we’ve been watching. ACTUAL science in a show! The story is pretty unusual too

We started it the other night too - so far, so good -

2 weeks later
#3210 4 months ago

Started "UPLOAD" on Prime. 2 episodes in.

If you can afford it, you can upload your consciousness into a virtual world where you'll basically live forever, almost like being alive. The main character dies in a car accident, which is extremely rare since they are autonomous now and drive themselves (as well as talk). Upon inspection, the wrecked car has no idea that it was in an accident or an explanation why it's cameras were off. The main character has trouble remembering certain things, like his previous job, etc. Turns out he created a way for people to "upload" themselves for free, so it appears that he was murdered by the upload industry and his memory (and that of the car) wiped clean. Nobody has put all the pieces together yet, but so far, interesting enough.

#3211 4 months ago

OH - and please, a gentle reminder - please say what network/streaming service your shows are on, lots of good sounding ones.

#3216 4 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Started watching "Lawmen: Bass Reeves" tonight. 1.5 episodes in, Im hooked! Its on Paramount, I *think* here in the Nordics.
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt15399640/

Saw a preview for it last night, gonna check it out -

2 weeks later
#3240 3 months ago

On season 2 of "The Morning Show" on Apple, w Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon. Pretty good.

Also into the new season of "For All Mankind" on Apple, though the girlfriend said it's getting stale now.

#3287 3 months ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Mosquito Coast on Apple TV has been good, both seasons (one and two).

Is that based off the movie w Harrison Ford from forever ago? I thought that was decent - -

4 weeks later
#3321 83 days ago

Watched the first 2 episodes of Suits on Netflix, liked it, and then sighed when we saw its 8 seasons....well, it's gonna be a long winter....

#3330 81 days ago

it's 9 seasons
for some reason netflix only has 8 and peacock has all 9

Copy that - pretty sure my IPTV setup will have all 9.

Started Loudermilk on netflix yesterday, on 3rd episode - ok so far

2 weeks later
#3465 62 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not trying to soap box or be political in anyway.It seems that a lot of shows recently have been so worried about inclusion and political correct that I feel they are busy trying to sway opinions instead of telling stories?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Tell us you’re a white guy without telling us you’re a white guy

i'm a white guy too.

What's the show where the people fell into a time warp/hole into the earth, La Brea? Very first episode these people get stranded in this strange new land after some catastrophe, and the survivors gather to take stock of the situation - there's like an Oriental woman in a wheelchair, a black and white gay couple, an old white dude, a Mexican woman, etc, it was like, Jesus Christ, let me open my mouth a little wider because that's a lotta shit you're trying to ram down my throat -

#3495 61 days ago

Halfway thru season 4 of Suits, which apparently has been going through a resurgence, a spin off was just announced...

#3505 60 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Think they can get Meghan Markle back? She’s kind of at a career low-point.

Lol I don't know -

i never even heard of her before she married Prince Whoever, but after seeing her in this show - well, i think I'd have kept shopping before crowning her Princess.

1 month later
#3574 20 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Okay,
This one is going to come across as the most random thing ever but...
Delicious in Dungeon.
Its a dungeon cooking show. It sounds like the dumbest thing ever but hear me out. I Each episode, they go further into the dungeon for... reasons... and make food dishes out of the monsters they slay on the way. It sounds so random, but its actually really neat and I'd solidly recommend it if you have kids between about 7 and 12 to watch it with (mine love it). Despite the Netflix warning there is no nudity and its pretty kid friendly. Alot of it is an elaborate description of how the dungeon ecosystem works. If you like fantasy worlds it is worth a watch on its own anyways. Came across it while scrolling Netflix and it looked so weird I had to try it. I'm normally not an anime fan but the show works surprisingly well for what it is. Don't you want to know how to harvest vegetables from golems and cook the invertebrates that power magic armor?

Better cut down on the chlorine in that new pool, Santa. Fumes are affecting you!

2 weeks later
#3641 5 days ago

Started watching Hand of God on Prime yesterday, ok so far. Guy is a judge who thinks God is telling him how to avenge his son who attempted suicide and is now in a coma, the wife is trying to get him unplugged -

#3661 4 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is this the Bryan Cranston show?

No, Ron Perlman is the main actor. Dana Delaney plays his wife, and there's another guy whose name escapes me that you'll probably recognize. He was in the walking dead for a couple seasons and a show called Raising Hope years ago.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.