GLxmlLsWsAAFRxx (resized).jpg
MOK 3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
th (1).jpg
OIP (5).jpg
Fallout-TV-Show.jpeg
IMG_6826 (resized).jpeg
Never_Been_to_Spain_-_Three_Dog_Night (resized).jpg
b9ab9260d2e8f0f9782e1788422868fef1-09-key-peele-comedians-ranking.rsquare.w400.jpg
IMG_2206 (resized).jpeg
GN34pKZXsAEMt0o (resized).jpg
IMG_2182 (resized).jpeg
But_Pepperidge_Farm_aint_just_gonna_keep_it_to_Pepperidge__5c6a319f9b808bca3f929f02bc45f1b8 (resized).jpg
IMG_5423 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,169 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 84.
#3001 11 months ago

Finished season 2 of the Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. Just as good as the first IMO. Has an Oceans Eleven vibe...even has Elliot Gould in it

#3002 11 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Peacemaker is awesome! You gotta love that opening sequence!

It sucks that they are saying no new season until 2027!

3rd season of warrior was pretty good. Final episode resolves a bunch, makes room for big changes, and leaves a cliffhanger.

#3003 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Peacemaker is Fun!!!

Just found out Jennifer Holland and James Gunn are married.

IMG_4915 (resized).jpegIMG_4915 (resized).jpeg

#3004 11 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

Finished season 2 of the Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. Just as good as the first IMO. Has an Oceans Eleven vibe...even has Elliot Gould in it

Elliot was prominent character in Ray Donavon one of my favorites
Highly Recommended it

#3005 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Just found out Jennifer Holland and James Gunn are married.
[quoted image]

Good choice

#3006 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Watching 1883 on Paramount, the predecessor to 1923, which is the predecessor to Yellowstone.
Not blown away so far.

Forgot to ask Is 1923 good?

#3007 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Haven't made it there yet.......

#3008 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I liked it. In fact, i liked both 1883 and 1923 better than Yellowstone, which I also enjoyed but just not nearly as much.

#3009 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

IMO 1923 is fantastic, best of the 3 by a decent margin and one of my favorite series of the past year or two. 1883 is really good too, definitely an upper echelon series but below the best of the best.

Literally caught up with Yellowstone last night...it's good for sure, but I'd say it faded as it progressed for the most part. The mid/late episodes beat the horse/cattle song montage and Ryan Bingham singing thing to death. It felt a lot like the motorcycle chase to hard driving music they shoehorned into every later Sons of Anarchy episode.

#3010 11 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

Hoping for a season 3 soon, but with the writers strike who knows.

#3011 11 months ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

IMO 1923 is fantastic, best of the 3 by a decent margin and one of my favorite series of the past year or two. 1883 is really good too, definitely an upper echelon series but below the best of the best.
Literally caught up with Yellowstone last night...it's good for sure, but I'd say it faded as it progressed for the most part. The mid/late episodes beat the horse/cattle song montage and Ryan Bingham singing thing to death. It felt a lot like the motorcycle chase to hard driving music they shoehorned into every later Sons of Anarchy episode.

whats better, watch them as they were released (yellowstone , then 1923, then 1883 ) or start with the 1883?

#3012 11 months ago

Just read that Peripheral S2 has been cancelled due to the strike and Amazon decided to kill the series

Personally I thought it was an interesting premise but no sense in others wasting time on a single season dead end

#3013 11 months ago
Quoted from Oscope:

Just read that Peripheral S2 has been cancelled due to the strike and Amazon decided to kill the series
Personally I thought it was an interesting premise but no sense in others wasting time on a single season dead end

EFFF, I was really getting into that story.

#3014 11 months ago
Quoted from Oscope:

Ugh. That’s too bad. I get why some shows are canceled, but I always feel a little betrayed. I invested time in that show. I feel the producers owe me an ending even if it is a short season with only a few episodes. It seems like there should be some unwritten contract along those lines.

#3015 11 months ago
Quoted from Oscope:Just read that Peripheral S2 has been cancelled due to the strike and Amazon decided to kill the series

God damn it. I really liked that show. Probably won’t be the last one that gets canned either.

#3016 11 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ugh. That’s too bad. I get why some shows are canceled, but I always feel a little betrayed. I invested time in that show. I feel the producers owe me an ending even if it is a short season with only a few episodes. It seems like there should be some unwritten contract along those lines.

Pay them to produce a second series!

#3017 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

whats better, watch them as they were released (yellowstone , then 1923, then 1883 ) or start with the 1883?

If I was doing it over again I’d go YS, then 1883 then 1923. But IDK if that makes any sense other than my own personal preference

#3018 11 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

EFFF, I was really getting into that story.

Start an online petition!
It worked for HBO (max) Warrior

#3019 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

They did this for the CBS show Jericho back in 2008 (nuts to you). It helped bring it back for maybe 4 episodes but it still got killed off. Streaming is far worse than network TV which I don't get. You invested all that time developing the story and building sets and if it isn't a major hit they just abandon it

#3020 11 months ago

It should be a lot easier to catch the attention of a streaming service via petition than network tv. Worth a shot. I'm still pissed they canceled mindhunter

#3021 11 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It should be a lot easier to catch the attention of a streaming service via petition than network tv. Worth a shot. I'm still pissed they canceled mindhunter

Agree about Mindhuhter, even though I found S2 not so good.. But S1 totally blew me away. Guess maybe I had too high hopes!

#3022 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Writer's strike stopped a lot of shows.

#3023 11 months ago
Quoted from Oscope:

I thought the concept was really cool, but overall I found the plot to be a bit confusing.

#3024 11 months ago

Just finished rewatching Community with my daughter. It’s just as good, if not better, the second time through.

#andamovie

#3025 11 months ago

3 episodes into The Bear. Watching mostly because our friends have raved about it. We were told that you have to get past the 8th episode and it "gets good."

Happy to hear confirmation on this.

It's certainly intense. And the cinematography is outstanding. But having worked in diners and high-end restaurants, it feels too-real and too stressful to watch more than an episode at a time.

#3026 11 months ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

3 episodes into The Bear. Watching mostly because our friends have raved about it. We were told that you have to get past the 8th episode and it "gets good."
It's certainly intense. And the cinematography is outstanding. But having worked in diners and high-end restaurants, it feels too-real and too stressful to watch more than an episode at a time.

HA!! I get this. If you're 3 episodes in and you're not feeling it, you may not actually enjoy it. The 2nd season is very different from the first, but the chaos is still everywhere most of the season

#3027 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

HA!! I get this. If you're 3 episodes in and you're not feeling it, you may not actually enjoy it. The 2nd season is very different from the first, but the chaos is still everywhere most of the season

Def, it's such a different show. I didn't like it at all 3-4 episodes in, but the second season pays it off (IMO).

#3028 11 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Writer's strike stopped a lot of shows.

Canceled long before strike.Just a case of not recognizing their fan base

#3029 11 months ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Haha that’s how I felt about Christmas episode title fishes or something

#3030 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Seven Fishes!

#3031 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is the best episode or maybe the one called Forks. (Although the Christmas episode could also be called forks.).

#3032 11 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:

I've been thinking alot about "Malcolm in the middle" lately, because I have really good memories of it.
Was abit nervous about watching it again, because its been 18 (or so?) years. But it's fantastic! So fucking funny

It took me 18 days! Now I've seen all seven seasons again. It still holds up.

#3033 11 months ago

Star trek strange new worlds season 2 was excellent. The best star trek series in awhile. Definitely better than Picard IMO.

#3034 11 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

Star trek strange new worlds season 2 was excellent. The best star trek series in awhile. Definitely better than Picard IMO.

really? the musical episode was jump the shark time. the final episode was good, but its standard fake cliffhanger drama. there have been some big misses in both seasons, but overall, its worth watching.

#3035 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

really? the musical episode was jump the shark time. the final episode was good, but its standard fake cliffhanger drama. there have been some big misses in both seasons, but overall, its worth watching.

The musical episode was quirky but still fun to watch. All the episodes were good, actually, and I liked how some were more self-contained and not always part of one long, single story. I think my favorite was the alternate timeline one set in Toronto.

#3036 11 months ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3037 11 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

I really enjoyed Strange New Worlds. It's better than Discovery, and WAY better than Picard. I forced myself to finish season 2 of Picard. That was over six months ago, and I still haven't been able to bring myself to start season 3.

Quoted from Mrbill:

Really? The musical episode was jump the shark time.

I thought the musical episode was great. It was a fun change of pace, and a couple of the actors turned out to be excellent singers.

#3038 11 months ago

Not blown away by 1923, one of the Yellowstone prequels.

So far seems even worse that 1883. Not sure we're gonna bother finishing it.

#3039 11 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I really enjoyed Strange New Worlds. It's better than Discovery, and WAY better than Picard. I forced myself to finish season 2 of Picard. That was over six months ago, and I still haven't been able to bring myself to start season 3.

I really enjoyed the musical episode. I thought it was a fun change of pace, and a couple of them are actually great singers.

i guess, you might like a csi spinoff episode of star trek.. or maybe they can do a walking dead episode.

I watch sci-fi to be entertained by sci-fi stories. The nice thing about older star trek, they were a bit less preachy about the morality messages.

#3041 11 months ago

Thinking about starting Nine Perfect Strangers. Anyone seen it? Worth it?

#3042 11 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

The musical episode was quirky but still fun to watch. All the episodes were good, actually, and I liked how some were more self-contained and not always part of one long, single story. I think my favorite was the alternate timeline one set in Toronto.

I think they've got budget constraints or it would be a lot better. It is my favorite of the new crop of ST series and most reminds me of the original. The Lower Decks episode was good. They should have stopped singing about halfway through the musical. It was just too much for me. I'm not liking the Gorn stuff so far. Boring CGI enemies with no back story, or not much of one...

#3043 11 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I think they've got budget constraints or it would be a lot better. It is my favorite of the new crop of ST series and most reminds me of the original. The Lower Decks episode was good. They should have stopped singing about halfway through the musical. It was just too much for me. I'm not liking the Gorn stuff so far. Boring CGI enemies with no back story, or not much of one...

On a side note I had several conversations with the guy who played the gorn. Fun stuff.

#3044 11 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

On a side note I had several conversations with the guy who played the gorn. Fun stuff.

You mean the guy in the gorn suit in TOS? That's cool. He must be getting up there in age.

#3045 10 months ago

Thanks again Pinside! I had nothing to watch, so I went to my list of stuff to stream and found Hellbound. I love this dark and crazy shit.

Eagerly waiting for S2.

#3046 10 months ago

I'm not sure any Western TV show will ever match Deadwood, but Hell on Wheels is certainly a great show for all five seasons.

#3047 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm not sure any Western TV show will ever match Deadwood, but Hell on Wheels is certainly a great show for all five seasons.

DEADWOOD!!!

#3048 10 months ago

Finished season 3 of Warrior on Max. I've enjoyed the show a mix of Deadwood, Peaky Blinders and classic Kung-Fu movies. Hope to see a season 4.

#3049 10 months ago

Sweet Home is another south Korean production available on Netflix. Very impressive and spectacular monsters.

#3050 10 months ago

no love for Tulsa King ? )

There are 4,169 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.