• 3,835 posts
  • 438 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 77.
#3051 8 months ago
Quoted from ledge:

no love for Tulsa King ? )

It was not bad.

#3052 8 months ago
Quoted from ledge:

no love for Tulsa King ? )

Havent seen or heard about it before now! Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow.

#3053 8 months ago

Started to watch this and liking it so far, sure enough it’s South Korean.

IMG_6332 (resized).jpegIMG_6332 (resized).jpeg
#3054 8 months ago
Quoted from schwarz:

South Korea has really become a TV powerhouse over the last few years!

#3055 8 months ago
Quoted from schwarz:

[quoted image]

Thank you for the tip! Gonna check it out tonight.

#3056 7 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

South Korea has really become a TV powerhouse over the last few years!

to be honest, i really enjoyed Squid Game... . i liked it.

another one, All of us are Dead. if your into the zombie, infected thing.... waiting on season 2 for both..

#3057 7 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Havent seen or heard about it before now! Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow.

anything with Sly in it, im there ...

#3058 7 months ago
Quoted from ledge:

anything with Sly in it, im there ...

Seen the Italian Stallion?

#3059 7 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:Seen the Italian Stallion?

Lol

#3060 7 months ago

Just finished "Who is Erin Carter?" (one season/7 episodes on Netflix) and they might as well have entiltled this "The Adventures of Superwoman". The title character's ability to receive physical punishment and carry on as if nothing has happened is ... something else.

I realize that this is not a unique fantasy aspect among TV shows and movies too. Just growing increasingly tired of it as I try to find the next "good" series to watch.

#3061 7 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just finished "Who is Erin Carter?" (one season/7 episodes on Netflix) and they might as well have entiltled this "The Adventures of Superwoman". The title character's ability to receive physical punishment and carry on as if nothing has happened is ... something else.
I realize that this is not a unique fantasy aspect among TV shows and movies too. Just growing increasingly tired of it as I try to find the next "good" series to watch.

I was smacking myself in the head but I kept watching.I guess I burned thru Witcher & Warrior way too fast!

#3062 7 months ago

Cabinet of Curiousities - creepy

#3063 7 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm not sure any Western TV show will ever match Deadwood, but Hell on Wheels is certainly a great show for all five seasons.

It's only one miniseries, but Klondike was excellent, couple years old now, but really good story.

#3064 7 months ago

The title character's ability to receive physical punishment and carry on as if nothing has happened is ... something else.

I also have trouble suspending disbelief enough to have any fun watching superhero or action films, regardless of the protagonist's sex and/or gender.

Understanding physics and probability sure puts a damper on accepting what these characters pull off with unbelievable frequency.

Hell, any gunshot wound will normally send the victim into shock. They wouldn't shake it off and continue after the baddies in real life!

And miraculous escape after miraculous escape is terribly hard to swallow, a la that 2012 doomsday movie. After five or six "yeah, right"s, I'm done.

#3065 7 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I also have trouble suspending disbelief enough to have any fun watching superhero or action films, regardless of the protagonist's sex and/or gender.
Understanding physics and probability sure puts a damper on accepting what these characters pull off with unbelievable frequency.
Hell, any gunshot wound will normally send the victim into shock. They wouldn't shake it off and continue after the baddies in real life!
And miraculous escape after miraculous escape is terribly hard to swallow, a la that 2012 doomsday movie. After five or six "yeah, right"s, I'm done.

Damn straight!

Oh for a series that acknowledges blunt trauma realistically rather than dumbing down the script!

#3066 7 months ago

I had trouble with the show 24. How can they drive across LA with all the traffic in less than 10 min? Why does Jack Bauer never have to go to the bathroom? How come Tony Almeida is back in charge of CTU three hours after having major surgery?

#3067 7 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I had trouble with the show 24. How can they drive across LA with all the traffic in less than 10 min? Why does Jack Bauer never have to go to the bathroom? How come Tony Almeida is back in charge of CTU three hours after having major surgery?

Why do super heroes always wait until they're getting their butt kicked to use their best super power? The number of times Jedi fight without using a force push is mind boggling.

On space shows why does it seem like such a large percentage of the people have a British accent? Does Britain have a space program launching rockets?

This is fun

#3068 7 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Why do super heroes always wait until they're getting their butt kicked to use their best super power? The number of times Jedi fight without using a force push is mind boggling.
On space shows why does it seem like such a large percentage of the people have a British accent? Does Britain have a space program launching rockets?
This is fun

forget the force push, I would be crushing their throats!!

#3069 7 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

forget the force push, I would be crushing their throats!!

And they never go for the nuts …

#3070 7 months ago

I can usually suspend belief, what drives me crazy is when movies break the very rules they set. Antman is a perfect example of this. They state that when you're small you have the same mass, so if you punch someone it's as if you're full size.. Yet, when they shrink vehicles to matchbox size, somehow they can just carry them around in a carrying case? If it's the same mass how are you carrying several vehicles weighing 3,000+ lbs? And then the whole "oh we'll just shrink the lab and hide it for safe keeping", completely ignoring things like power lines, sewage, water, foundation, etc.

#3071 7 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I used to always wonder the same thing when I was little, watching Godzilla - after getting his ass kicked for half an hour he'd finally use his fire breath and put an end to it.

#3072 7 months ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Just watched Jury Duty on Amazon/Freevee.
8 30 minute episodes. James Marsden plays a dbag version of himself.
It's a comedy documentary about a civil trial but everything is fake and everyone involved is an actor except for one juror. It's really funny and amazing how they pulled it off.

I just finished binging this series. I highly recommend. Had me literally laughing out loud at some of the stuff they pulled over on that guy!

The defense attorney's video presentation had me in tears!

#3073 7 months ago

I just watched Mr Inbetween for the 2nd time in the past 3 months.

It's really one of my favorite shows of all time. Too short but it is what it is, I would pay to see what happened after the end cut of the last episode.

I also watched the prequel movie The Magician. (free on Tubi. https://tubitv.com/movies/543930 )
Not near as good as the TV show, not anywhere close to the quality, but it's good to see the inspiration, the film seems to be like a too long episode of the series.

https://tubitv.com/movies/543930

Here's a long interview with the Scott Ryan and the kids from Sopranos (podcast) jump to 16 minute mark if you want to pass all the fluff but the beginning few minutes is actually interesting.

Scott says he was inspired by the Sopranos (especially 'The Pine barrens' episode).

#3074 7 months ago

Beef
This Fool
Jack Ryan

#3075 7 months ago
Quoted from rai:

It's really one of my favorite shows of all time. Too short but it is what it is, I would pay to see what happened after the end cut of the last episode.
I also watched the prequel movie The Magician. (free on Tubi. https://tubitv.com/movies/543930 )
Not near as good as the TV show, not anywhere close to the quality, but it's good to see the inspiration, the film seems to be like a too long episode of the series.
https://tubitv.com/movies/543930
Here's a long interview with the Scott Ryan and the kids from Sopranos (podcast) jump to 16 minute mark if you want to pass all the fluff but the beginning few minutes is actually interesting.

Scott says he was inspired by the Sopranos (especially 'The Pine barrens' episode).

I also have Mr Inbetween as one of my all time favourites. Love it.

#3076 7 months ago
Quoted from rai:

It's really one of my favorite shows of all time. ...

Quoted from northerndude:

I also have Mr Inbetween as one of my all time favourites. Love it.

Needed a new show to watch.

Wife: I'm tired of seeing people getting beat up or killed.

Me: I understand Mr. Inbetween is good.

So we watched first two episodes.

Oops.

#3077 7 months ago

Needed a new show to watch.
Wife: I'm tired of seeing people getting beat up or killed.
Me: I understand Mr. Inbetween is good.
So we watched first two episodes.
Oops.

Keep it going!

#3078 7 months ago

just watched john wick 4.. I dont know how its rated so high.. higher than the other 3! Its ok, but its about 1 hour too long. I think they just wanted to max the kill count.. maybe give john wick and rpg an have him kill 200 in one shot to get the number up..

#3079 7 months ago

Started watching loudermilk. It has will sasso and ron Livingston (guy from office space). It's mostly about alcoholism but it's also a good story

#3081 7 months ago

Really like succession!

#3082 7 months ago

Been a few years since anyone here mentioned The Good Place. I just rewatched it and had forgotten how clever a lot of it was!

#3083 7 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Started watching loudermilk. It has will sasso and ron Livingston (guy from office space). It's mostly about alcoholism but it's also a good story

I caught that show last year after knowing nothing about it - I was totally sucked in

#3084 7 months ago

I just started to rewatch Sopranos. Finished season 1. It’s very great but you can tell it was trying to find its footings in certain spots.

Was reading an article about some other actors who were considered to play Tony. Steve VanSant as well as the actors who played Artie and Jackie.

https://movieweb.com/the-sopranos-actors-almost-played-tony/#john-ventimiglia

It still kills me that they had the actor that eventually played Vito as a walk on character that is not Vito. This bugs me to no end. It’s part of why I said it was a bit uneven first season. However I couldn’t see anyone else as Vito.

One of favorite side character in season 1 is Mikey. He’s such a lovable heal and I love grown men having childhood names. And when he tells his wife go to take a Midol.
IMG_5014.gifIMG_5014.gif

#3085 7 months ago

Been watching Foundation lately. Finished season 1 yesterday, gonna start S2 tonight.

I read and loved the book series 30 years ago.. But cant remember anything about it.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0804484/

#3086 7 months ago

Been a few years since anyone here mentioned The Good Place. I just rewatched it and had forgotten how clever a lot of it was!

It trailed off at the end but yea what a great view of the after life.

#3087 7 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Been watching Foundation lately. Finished season 1 yesterday, gonna start S2 tonight.
I read and loved the book series 30 years ago.. But cant remember anything about it.
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0804484/

How do you find season 2 compared to season 1? Season 1 felt SO. SLOW. to me. I have not read Asimov's original books, so I wonder how that may factor in. It reminds me of Dune a bit, just in terms of the feudal system structure (not the story)

#3088 7 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How do you find season 2 compared to season 1? Season 1 felt SO. SLOW. to me. I have not read Asimov's original books, so I wonder how that may factor in. It reminds me of Dune a bit, just in terms of the feudal system structure (not the story)

I really like it. Its still not very action packed, more of a slow burn.

#3089 7 months ago

Yeah, it is too much work , how can one be expected to go to all the trouble to type "Hulu" or "Netflix"?
Even if it saves dozens or hundreds of others from having to Google it or whatever. They wanna watch your suggestion, they can look for it.
And I'm sure no one wants to piss off people months or years in the future who are too dim to realize that shows move between services.
/s
You guys who would rather everyone look things up themselves, here's a word to look up: Courtesy

#3090 7 months ago

The Continental (resized).jpgThe Continental (resized).jpg

For the John Wick fans.

Just watched the first of three 90 minute episodes.
Thought it was great!

#3091 7 months ago

Oh yeah, everyone has adopted my suggestion, haven't they?

Why should I bother telling everyone The Good Place is still on Netflix when hardly anyone else bothers naming services?

Oops!

#3092 7 months ago

Slight swerve: just started watching Jose Andres and Family in Spain. ON MAX.

GREAT travel series in the vein of Anthony Bourdain, but without all the inner monologues. He teaches his kids about all these amazing places (restaurants as well as regions/towns) and they make fun of him. It’s a great show if you are looking for a little more family friendly flair but you don’t like the “me, me, me!” aspect of some of the usual shows

#3093 7 months ago
Quoted from OzPaul:

[quoted image]
For the John Wick fans.
Just watched the first of three 90 minute episodes.
Thought it was great!

A guy at work said it was good. I haven’t seen John wick 4. I’m assuming that won’t matter.

#3094 7 months ago

Isn’t the Continental on Peacock?

#3095 7 months ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

A guy at work said it was good. I haven’t seen John wick 4. I’m assuming that won’t matter.

I need to watch John Wick 4 as well, bit I believe The Continental is a prequel.

#3096 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

yes, its on peacock and it is a prequel set in the 70's I watched the first episode and my gripe is I was expecting more about the hotel. first episode was more about the characters.

#3097 7 months ago

Just finished Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities. Creepy stuff just in time for Halloween. Showing my age, but the intros remind me of Rod Serling's Night Gallery way back when.

#3098 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yeah that’s what my coworker said. Hmmm prime and peacock?

#3100 7 months ago

Almost done w Season 2 of The Bear, it isn't living up to the hype, for me anyways.

There are 3,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.