pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
FARGO-Season-5-preview (resized).jpg
jer1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).png
2jk8jp7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1881 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1281 2 years ago

Been watching the Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu, outstanding. Pretty disturbing, but really draws you in, great acting.

2 weeks later
#1316 2 years ago

Started watching dopesick, first episode a bit slow, but looks like it might be good.

#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Started watching dopesick, first episode a bit slow, but looks like it might be good.

about half way through season 1, very good so far, picked up a bit after the first episode.

3 months later
#1574 1 year ago

WeCrashed is good, just finished it. Starting new season of Russian doll.

#1579 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

WeCrashed is good, just finished it. Starting new season of Russian doll.

Killed Russian doll after 1.5 episodes…not good.

1 month later
#1718 1 year ago

Shining girls was pretty good, one season. Takes a few episodes to get interesting. Same woman from the hand maids tal.

2 weeks later
#1768 1 year ago

Just finished The Night Of. Pretty good.

1 month later
#1862 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

My sentiments basically. The first half of the last season ending with Lalo”s arc was epic. Fring and Lalo were excellent characters, and I just wanted more. But Saul, with his falling on the sword for no reason whatsoever other than as a last minute redemption story, was just Hollywood nonsense, and something his character would instantly regret.

It’s worth rewatching the last season of breaking bad for some good context, mainly the last couple of episodes. It had been years since I watched and there are some references to what happens in BCS that

The ending was a bit out of character, but I guess both of them finally just took responsibility for the lives they had led.

2 weeks later
#2069 1 year ago

Wish I could cut the cable cord, but i can’t get live local sports without it. Such a scam. Msg and yes networks are a joke, can’t even stream direct from their sites unless you have a cable provider. Anyone find a way around this?

3 weeks later
#2201 1 year ago

Watching Dahmer, pretty f’in disturbing.

The Patient has been good so far too.

1 week later
#2215 1 year ago

The watcher is really good!

Added 17 months ago:

Edit: just finished this and without spoiling anything, I’ll revise my post to just say the last couple of episodes kind of fall a bit flat compared to the first five. Still recommend it.

1 month later
#2310 1 year ago

Inventing Anna on netflix is pretty good. Takes a while to get past Ruth's accent, but if you stick with it, it's not too bothersome.

#2320 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

1899 looks interesting- just watched the first episode last night.
It comes from the same makers who did ‘Dark’, another pretty cool show.

We started it last night too, watched the first three, it’s pretty good.

#2324 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i watched the first season, looking forward to the next! started peaky blinders, this is a good one also but i need the closed captions some of the accent is hard to catch

Peaky blinders is great except for the new season, stopped watching after a few episodes, just went nowhere.

1 week later
#2351 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

I watched the first episode and said that too. Never made it to the second.

Too bad, you should keep going, it’s really good. The end will make you go wtf! And then you’ll be asking when the next season starts. Reminds me a bit of the matrix.

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I stopped after the first episode because it was very distracting how, even with only two speaking characters in a scene, one might be speaking English and the other might be dubbed. I guess it bothers me when words don't match mouths. Maybe it's better with subtitles?

Dark is even worse, but the story line is still good.

2 months later
#2463 1 year ago

Echo 3 on Apple TV was very good

1 month later
#2584 11 months ago

Just finished Beef on Netflix, was pretty good, stars Glenn from the walking dead, which I didn’t even realize until we were done watching it.

2 weeks later
#2625 11 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just finished the first season of the new show The Diplomat on Netflix. Good show and built up to a good season ending episode.

Struggling to get past the second episode. Does it pick up?

1 week later
#2650 10 months ago

Starting watching silo on appletv, only two episodes available. A little slow at first, but it’s picking up.

1 month later
#2761 9 months ago

Started watching crowded house on Apple TV, pretty good. Only three episodes available right now.

1 week later
#2811 9 months ago

Crowded room is very good, took me 3 episodes to figure out the sub plot.

1 month later
#2950 8 months ago

Just finished crowded room…outstanding!

2 months later
#3116 6 months ago

Black mirror on Netflix is pretty good. There are 6 seasons and all the episodes are independent of each other. Some are better than others, but most are pretty good. Just finished season 4. Reminds me a little of a modern twilight zone, only the episodes are longer.

1 month later
#3233 4 months ago

Started watching squid game the challenge on Netflix. It’s actually not bad through 5 episodes.

1 week later
#3242 3 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I was confused at the squid games challenge. I kept waiting for someone to die which is not going to happen. It’s a reality show not a sequel to squid games, that comes in 2024.
As for the reality show I can watch it and understand it, it’s just a show. But that is a real cash prize.

After episode 5 it starts to get really sappy, people constantly crying over eliminated players. We skipped through a lot of it and just watched the challenges.

#3248 3 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I began watching peripheral and its is good.
[quoted image]

Yeah, Too bad they cancelled the series.

#3272 3 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Finished Squid Games Reality show… fucking awful waste of time.
Such a shame as the Korean version was so good.
I’m out next season Netflix.

It’s not bad through the first 5 episodes. After that, we skipped through much of the non challenge fluff. So much crying and sappy material. I thought the challenges, with the exception of the marbles (more crying), were pretty good.

#3293 3 months ago

Just finished bodyguard on Netflix, 6 episodes, very good!

2 months later
#3533 35 days ago

Started watching constellation on Apple TV, only three episodes so far, very good.

Watched the tourist on Netflix, it was ok, not great.

#3549 31 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

The Tourist S2 came out today I think, I’m watching E1 right now

I just checked Netflix and didn’t see it. I thought season 1 was new.

2 weeks later
#3590 14 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

2 episodes into "The Watcher" and so far we are enjoying it. Seems a lot of these shows start really strong and fizz out. I think most of these limited series would be better suited to 4 episodes vs the 7-8 that most are.

Never finished the series, it fizzled out for us.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.